• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One of my favorite trailer ideas ive read on this forums was Rayman breaking out of the ice on battlefid.
And if they happen to humor that, Id love for the ice to remain broken for his and future updates.

Personally I'd find it hilarious.

[ RAYMAN goes out on a limb ]
Considering how much they pay attention to memes, I'd pay good money to see this.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Well, it's First of January, and this night I've dreamed that Rayman was Joining Smash Bros Ultimate as DLC...

With this one, I have had the same dream 6 times since 2015
The prophecy!!!

Also what would you all think if rabbids was incorporated into Rayman's moveset? I know it's been mentioned before since they're part of his history but maybe his down special could be he plucks a Rabbid from the ground and the rabbid will always do something different depending on what kind it is. Could be a plunger rabbit, rabbid peach, shopping cart rabbid, For Honor rabbid, all kinds of stuff. Could give him a unique RNG kinda like Hero but not quite.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The prophecy!!!

Also what would you all think if rabbids was incorporated into Rayman's moveset? I know it's been mentioned before since they're part of his history but maybe his down special could be he plucks a Rabbid from the ground and the rabbid will always do something different depending on what kind it is. Could be a plunger rabbit, rabbid peach, shopping cart rabbid, For Honor rabbid, all kinds of stuff. Could give him a unique RNG kinda like Hero but not quite.
I'm all good for characters who spawn other characters.

But the more likely scenario is the rabbids being costumes. And they could fit all 3 of them.

Brawler is just a regular Rabbid.
Swordfighter could wield a spatula and a bandana.
And gunner would be basically one wielding the guns from the Mario crossover which I'm ashamed to admit that the name escapes me RN.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the biggest fan of protags summoning mooks (unless they make it like the mook tries a failed ambush on you & hits the opponent or something), but a Rabbid wouldn't hurt.

Maybe have a smash attack where Ray tugs a Rabbid's ears to make it scream at opponents, or have one be part of Ray's grabs/throw like :ultpeach: with Toad.

Someone mentioned it before, but they actually lend themselves well to a final smash, if stuff like moskitos are out of the question.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm not the biggest fan of protags summoning mooks (unless they make it like the mook tries a failed ambush on you & hits the opponent or something), but a Rabbid wouldn't hurt.

Maybe have a smash attack where Ray tugs a Rabbid's ears to make it scream at opponents, or have one be part of Ray's grabs/throw like :ultpeach: with Toad.

Someone mentioned it before, but they actually lend themselves well to a final smash, if stuff like moskitos are out of the question.
That or one of his victory animations is just this:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
At best I expect one of those characters to be in. I've never put much stock into text leaks that anyone can fake anyways.
Doomguy is the only character I’m questioning while at this juncture Rayman and Hayabusa are easy/safe picks because of Nintendo’s trust in Ubisoft (with Rayman Content) and Koei-Tecmo (with Ryu Hayabusa/Ninja Gaiden content) with Open-Arms and they’re Lucrative Content both Nintendo and Ubisoft/Koei-Tecmo desperately need for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Also because of the Additional Final Fantasy 7 Content also comes with Copyright Issues which is now resolved but also might have been the Most Expensive DLC Pack because of these additional content from Square Enix that they had to go to these different regions to make these arrangements and approved uses by the composer’s.

16B81666-E41D-4C4A-825C-E347DF0A41CD.jpeg
I also have to say that this long term theory got me thinking that Twitter User explained of makes this 4chan post seem so convincingly credible in reality (even though Sephiroth is the 3rd Square Enix Endgame Character Pack and not Geno, but perhaps Doomguy can be that 3rd Microsoft Endgame Character Pack).

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I was feeling down today so I got Rayman Redemption downloaded, and I mapped the buttons to my Xbox controller. For some reason, the Y button crouches to the left. I also assigned the B button to be the fist attack, and while that works, he sometimes does that tongue sticking out maneuver as well. I can't for the life of me fix it. Now I have Rayman taunting my poor pathetic life too. That's cold yo.

Rayman for Smash though.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Alright I'd like to direct the thread's attention to a really old piece of info.
1609619964915.png

What the hell was this? For context, these were unused costumes for Mario Maker, found in the 3DS version specifically... Why is Rayman here?

Time for the tinfoil...

We've been theorizing after Steve that discussions for Rayman may have occurred since 2013, at the earliest. I'll point out that the 3DS version of Mario Maker came out in 2016, the same year Smash 4 development stopped, Smash Ultimate development began, the Ryu and Roy amiibos came out, and a Mario and Rabbids crossover game was deep in its development. What I'm getting at is that.. maaaaaybe Rayman was meant to come to Smash and get an amiibo costume like Ryu and Roy but that idea got postponed? I like Eldrake's take that Rayman may have been seen by Nintendo as a low-priority addition, so he's just being held off until after they added everyone they wanted?

I'll acknowledge the one flaw in this theory though... where's Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta? Logically speaking, if Rayman was meant to come to Smash, he should be listed after those three even if their amiibos were not out... to that I say:
¯\(ツ)/¯ idk lol
I just wanted to bring up an overlooked point to the table and come up with something dumb for it.

I was feeling down today so I got Rayman Redemption downloaded, and I mapped the buttons to my Xbox controller. For some reason, the Y button crouches to the left. I also assigned the B button to be the fist attack, and while that works, he sometimes does that tongue sticking out maneuver as well. I can't for the life of me fix it. Now I have Rayman taunting my poor pathetic life too. That's cold yo.

Rayman for Smash though.
Hey, homie. I hope you feel better soon, we've all got those low points, but you gotta remember that after every storm there's a rainbow. Stay strong and enjoy Rayman Redemption!
1609621725272.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing for sure is that Corrin and Bayonetta were the absolute last in priority, so it's possible there really wasn't any time left for them to get anything in Mario Maker (Corrin's game had came out on short notice, and Bayonetta's development took the end of 4's DLC support to finish). Cloud probably still had licensing kinks to work out.

Not to mention the fact that Rayman's trophy oddly had a high number of joints in its framework.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Googling "Mario Maker Rayman" gave me some interesting results I don't think I've heard about; apparently one of the premade levels in Mario Maker was designed by Michel Ancel himself. I don't know what exactly it means for Rayman's chances in Smash Bros, but it's still interesting to note.

Edit: Take this theory with a grain of salt, but what if Rayman was planned but got cut for technical issues? We did wait about five months after Ryu and Roy was announced for Smash 4 before we got Smash news (Ryu was in June 14th, 2015, Cloud was announced in November 12th, 2015), and it'd explain why Rayman is there alongside Roy and Ryu in the missing costume data for Mario Maker if he was meant to be in Smash at some point in-between June and November. We know that Ice Climbers was cut because of the 3DS's limitations, so maybe Rayman caused similar issues that made it impossible to incorporate him into Smash Bros at the time.

The big flaw with this theory is then; why is Rayman still not in the roster if he was initially planned for Smash 4? Well, maybe he was high priority at the time but Nintendo got in a lot of talks around the time for Ultimate (especially because of the ballot) and he became less prioritized as a result.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
There’s a simple explanation for that as it came down to Money and Time, Ubisoft was getting an IP Promotional advertisement from Nintendo with Rayman, Globox and Barbara Trophy’s in Super Smash Bros 4 and at the time behind the scenes Ubisoft was invested into Super Smash Bros 4 DLC Support as its Debut product Mewtwo opened the door for many other Companies to get their own IP’s in Smash Bros via DLC as the Money is Super lucrative unlike getting it in Base Game where you get everything in with the released product and that’s it. But because of the Time constraints of Smash Bros 4 DLC Cycle only lasting for a Year with only 3-Returning Fighters (Mewtwo, Roy & Lucas) and 4-New Fighters (Corrin, Ryu, Cloud & Bayonetta), Rayman was potentially going to get added but because of the time constraints the Smash Bros 4 and Mario Maker 3DS plans were no doubt scrapped for it. The Best part about this situation is that because of the missed opportunities for Rayman inclusion, Ubisoft would continue to show Brand Loyalty to Nintendo and they’re consumers with Company Crossover Titles of Mario + Rabbids, and Star Link x Star Fox for the Switch along with an Switch Exclusive Definitive Edition of Rayman Legends. So by the time we get to Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Sakurai and Nintendo once more are promoting Rayman in the Base Game with just a “Spirit” while holding off the Rest of the Rayman Series Content for DLC Rayman Pack similar to the Sephiroth Pack and Min Min Pack with More Final Fantasy and Arms Content (Spirits, Mii Costumes, Music). Why is it taking longer for them to finally get the DLC Pack up, simple enough for Ubisoft to have a Big Nintendo announcement saved for a Major event in Ubisoft’s timed cross promotion of Ubisoft’s 35th Anniversary celebration with an (hypothetical) Ubiforward Event Showcase on March 28th, 2021 as proven by Minecraft inclusion with Minecraft Live Event Showcase as that is a cross promotional advertisement success

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Alright I'd like to direct the thread's attention to a really old piece of info.
View attachment 298031
What the hell was this? For context, these were unused costumes for Mario Maker, found in the 3DS version specifically... Why is Rayman here?

Time for the tinfoil...

We've been theorizing after Steve that discussions for Rayman may have occurred since 2013, at the earliest. I'll point out that the 3DS version of Mario Maker came out in 2016, the same year Smash 4 development stopped, Smash Ultimate development began, the Ryu and Roy amiibos came out, and a Mario and Rabbids crossover game was deep in its development. What I'm getting at is that.. maaaaaybe Rayman was meant to come to Smash and get an amiibo costume like Ryu and Roy but that idea got postponed? I like Eldrake's take that Rayman may have been seen by Nintendo as a low-priority addition, so he's just being held off until after they added everyone they wanted?

I'll acknowledge the one flaw in this theory though... where's Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta? Logically speaking, if Rayman was meant to come to Smash, he should be listed after those three even if their amiibos were not out... to that I say:
¯\(ツ)/¯ idk lol
I just wanted to bring up an overlooked point to the table and come up with something dumb for it.

Hey, homie. I hope you feel better soon, we've all got those low points, but you gotta remember that after every storm there's a rainbow. Stay strong and enjoy Rayman Redemption!
View attachment 298033
Oh hey thanks! :)

I think I just need to update my PC. Haven't updated it in a while. If that doesn't work, then I'll play through the Rayman Redemption challenge I'll call "Rayman taunts you whenever he feels like it" challenge.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I think I know how Rayman would work for an amiibo easier to match him in game if he's in. Make him 2D like in Origins and Legends being hand drawn with new animations exclusive to Smash.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
There are so many text leaks going around right now, so many different people listing so many different characters for the last three. I honestly wouldn't believe any of them but still there's a lot of people just saying that "these characters are happening" right now

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
There are so many text leaks going around right now, so many different people listing so many different characters for the last three. I honestly wouldn't believe any of them but still there's a lot of people just saying that "these characters are happening" right now
Don’t bother reading that stuff, none of them have been EVER true. Right now we have enough Evidence of Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC, but it’s not guaranteed to be Legit until it’s officially confirmed by Sakurai himself

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Rayman is currently being rated in the RTC thread (along with Lloyd and Arle Nadja):

Make sure to follow the rules on the front page (specifically with giving each character at least two sentences for both chance and want) for your ratings to count.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Well, this has left me with doubts:

This is the original model of Rayman Legends CGI trailers.
So which model did Ubisoft send to Nintendo for the Smash Wii U Trophies, and why does it look so bad on the Wii U Trophy if it looks perfectly right here that it works at all angles?

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Honestly seems like not as many people have as much confidence in Rayman as us.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Mostly because of the misconception of what they believe is possible based on “Popularity”, to which is not even close of being a determined metric as they have no substantial proof of that being true because of the failed translation of the Japanese culture

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Well, this has left me with doubts:

This is the original model of Rayman Legends CGI trailers.
So which model did Ubisoft send to Nintendo for the Smash Wii U Trophies, and why does it look so bad on the Wii U Trophy if it looks perfectly right here that it works at all angles?
Elementary, Watson!

The model shown here (& what a gorgeous model it is!) is the same as the trophy model that Sakurai showed off online for his daily SSB4 pics. Case in point...
10491193_779777575395516_5886328067818978397_n.png

But in the final release, we got this fugly model of unknown origin for the trophy instead:
dd8e42ff7d11314d132560c896b1ee18de121a5br1-526-295v2_uhq.jpg

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Honestly idk why y'all care so much about what people who don't find Rayman likely think. I'm sure most of them would eat their words if it happened anyway and you can all say "told you so" with a smile on your faces. (Just don't be a **** about it lol)

For what it's worth I'd say Rayman's likelihood is around 35%, give or take 5% on a good or bad day. Hell, my most expected, who is Hayabusa, is just 50% for me, I just don't think that thinking of any character as higher than that is very wise.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Newcomer speculation/RTC thread is usually closed minded place that acts like the highest of smash scholars when it comes to these kind of things so I ignore em for the most part.

Pretty sure most of em thought Steve and Sephiroth wasn't happening

Also the fact that most of em think the ubi miis kill Rayman's chances but that heihachi doesn't affect Llyod at all lmao

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Honestly idk why y'all care so much about what people who don't find Rayman likely think. I'm sure most of them would eat their words if it happened anyway and you can all say "told you so" with a smile on your faces. (Just don't be a **** about it lol)

For what it's worth I'd say Rayman's likelihood is around 35%, give or take 5% on a good or bad day. Hell, my most expected, who is Hayabusa, is just 50% for me, I just don't think that thinking of any character as higher than that is very wise.
Honestly it was more just an observation than anything but ye

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would feel ashamed for people constantly ignoring my warnings in regards to the Lloyd Mii costume.

Sure, ignore the pattern of Bamco's Mii costumes systematically all being added back, that's going to end well, because their expectations can magically influence reality somehow.

People didn't listen to me about Heihachi, and for what? Just to see their hopes dashed instead of being ready for the possibility of being passed over.

Elementary, Watson!

The model shown here (& what a gorgeous model it is!) is the same as the trophy model that Sakurai showed off online for his daily SSB4 pics. Case in point...
View attachment 299285

But in the final release, we got this fugly model of unknown origin for the trophy instead:
View attachment 299286
Guess they ran out of time to translate it properly. Keep in mind that Sora had like two games to make simultaneously, so something had to fall through somewhere.

Pretty much. We have no concrete idea who has been prioritized by Nintendo or if we're getting another extension after this, especially with the metric ton of anniversaries and potential misdirection by various developers. One of the first things I'd do if we got Rayman is cheer on the K. Rool fans for us getting another "ugly Western mascot".

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Let’s take a step back and clear something up, for them to say “Ubisoft Mii Costumes ‘killed’ Rayman’s chances” clearly aren’t aware of the fact that Nintendo and Ubisoft are Corporate Money Dealers that is well aware about the “Good Business” philosophy and are currently in Close Business relationship. Ubisoft only negotiating for Mii Costumes is a Bad Business move on both Nintendo and Ubisoft side because the consumer (Big or Small) has a finight of Demand for a product that they alone has voiced their own Request, so much so even for the company aswell requested for a their character like Rayman to be included in Super Smash Bros Ultimate via DLC as that’s a Good Selling Product of a Character/Series Pack.

Its an asinine belief that anyone who believes in that philosophy of Mii Costumes from a different series but from the same company is clearly not smart enough to actually look into the behind the scenes of Company to Company Crossover request

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Smash fans are the most closed minded people you could ever meet which is ironic because this is Smash Bros. A series where we can have Pikachu have his neck snapped by Snake, Bayonetta slapping kids like Ness across the face, or Wii Fit Trainer saying "Let's spread out those legs," while fighting ROB. The possibilities are practically endless.

You think with all the fan rules and theories that are constantly debunked throughout the Smash cycles that maybe people would take Rayman a little bit more seriously, and that "Ubisoft Mii costumes coming before Rayman means no Rayman," is yet another BS fan theory. But here we are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom