• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
{Quick Full Disclaimer: Do Not Ever Take 4Chan Seriously for Reliable Information, because 3 times out of 100 of the Time it’ll be Right but more times it’ll be misleading, incorrect or false information spreading. So take this post with a Grain of Salt and let’s jump right into it}

1D99209D-DB8C-4E92-8CDB-BAFE66A98A88.jpeg

98B40631-91B9-44AC-A36E-6D1108E6B5DB.jpeg

So with this Trending 4Chan Post that correctly predicted Min Min, Minecraft & Sephiroth in Volume 2 DLC it got me thinking about how would the Trailers for Rayman, Hayabusa & Doomguy would introduce each Character and when it’s Time to reveal each character at a specific Event. So I figured I throw my predictions on Day & Date on when each character shows up and what each of their Trailers are plotted to be, so here it is:

- Rayman

When: The Nearest Ubiforward Event in Early 2021, there has been some rumbling from who I’ve been talking with suggesting that we’re looking to be getting another Ubiforward Event by Ubisoft’s 35th Anniversary day in March 28th or sooner, will this be a Reality remains to be seen. It would also make sense that this Event happens at this time as the Ubisoft Controversy will have died out and New Direction will need to be set in stone for New Policies for their own Workers. Now why is this so Special, simple as Steve/Minecraft was revealed 3-Days before a Full Presentation (Wednesday Reveal & Saturday Presentation) prior to the Minecraft Live Event on that day, an 35th Anniversary Ubiforward Event would Greatly benefit Ubisoft with a Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Rayman DLC Fighter Pack reveal before Ubisoft’s Big Showcase Premier with a Sakurai Presents video

Trailer: It would be a Continuation of the Hero vs Villian/DK Treehouse intro but this time with Mario vs Bowser, Link vs Ganondorff, Kirby vs Meta Knight, Fox vs Wolf, Samus vs Ridley, Donkey Kong vs King K. Rool and coming off the heels of the recent reveal Cloud vs Sephiroth Highlights, than the Screen goes Black. We see DK’s mouth yawning, we scroll towards Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie as they’re relaxing, till something crashes through the Window and everyone jumps up and lols outside, than a silhouette shadow figure hovers over them… with 6 shadowed pieces. However those shadowed pieces fall apart with puppet strings attached revealing to be… The Rabbids behind the strings, the Crew in the DK Treehouse looks in meh reaction, the Rabbids laugh all across the Screen and than, each Rabbid gets bashed off the screen from an unknown attacker with these Fists, Shoes, a Purple looking Giant Vegetable and all of them twirl like a Tornado together to make a floating body to finally have a Head fall from the Sky to reveal to be… RAYMAN with the tagline ‘Rayman Joins The Legends’ with the DK crew Raising their Eyebrows in what they’re seeing with Rayman gameplay showing off with cameo appearances of Globox, Barbara, Ly the Fairy, Teensies, Clark, Razorbeard, a Robot Henchman, group of Rabbids running around and an alt. Rayman Costume of Raymesis.

https://youtu.be/noTqZ5rLU7s

- Ryu Hayabusa

When: E3 2021 as the Event will be the 3-Year Anniversary of the ‘EVERYONE IS HERE’ Super Smash Bros Ultimate Reveal Announcement, I would suspect that we’d be getting a Double Reveal just like E3 2019 with Banjo and Hero and from what we would believe that E3 2020 would reveal both Min Min and Minecraft. Just like past E3’s they would give both Smash Bros Ultimate audiences from both parts of the World with Western and Eastern audiences reveals, so because of that Ryu Hayabusa would be a Universally Japanese Hyped character reveal.

Trailer: It be a 2nd part continuation of the Nintendo Console Callback where this time it would land on the Nintendo Entertainment System and would go straight into the Super Mario Bros game with Mario jumping from his game to Donkey Kong as he jumps over the barrels in the bottom level but jumps off the screen as Donkey Kong decides to run with Mario, than meets up with Link in The Legend of Zelda and both go leap from the next game into Metriod with Samus, than jumps over to Ice Climbers, than jumps to Punch-Out with Little Mac running with them, than Kid Icarus game with Pit joining them, than the Duck Hunt duo joins them, than arriving in Sanzibar Land with Snake joining, than to Dracula’s Castle with Simon, than with Dragon Quest’s Erdrick, and finally with Mega Man who is battling Dr. Wily but decides to leave with the Gang and with Dr. Wily with a ? above his head. But now we get to the Iconic opening Sprite of Hayabusa vs a Ninja where Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Pit, Duck Hunt, Snake, Simon, Erdrick and Mega Man are standing infront of Hayabusa with Mario handing an Invitation to Hayabusa and than everything goes CG with Ryu Hayabusa celebrating for his Inclusion into Super Smash Bros Ultimate along with Gameplay and release date of 2-Months post E3 2021.

- Doomguy

When & Trailer: The Last bit announcement of Nintendo’s E3 2021 presentation with a Clip.
Samus struggling to beat Ridley from the conclusion of Ridley’s reveal, as Hope is lost of Samus overcoming Ridley, Ridley goes to strike Samus only to be blown away by an Explosion. Samus looks behind her to see a Giant Plasma Gun Wielding shadow figure who comes to the light to reveal himself to be Doomguy with him glocking his BIG GUN and Doomguy gameplay is shown with a Release Date in November 2021

So that’s what my idea would be of how they Reveal the Last 3 of the (RUMORED) DLC Character’s.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
How are people still taking that hoax seriously when it says Min-Min and Ninjara, who is obviously not in Smash as an echo or even an alt.
In reality it's cause we have like nothing better to talk about, it's been our only half-decent lead in a while... fake or not it makes for fun discussion, I suppose. ¯\(ツ)

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
How are people still taking that hoax seriously when it says Min-Min and Ninjara, who is obviously not in Smash as an echo or even an alt.
Keep in mind that Ninjaro was Sakurai’s Sole choice to be the Arms Rep but because of the Arms Developers Request he persisted to get Min Min in as the Playable DLC Character Pack. So because of that Ninjaro was scrapped and instead became a Mii Costume instead within the time period before the announcement of the Arms series coming to Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC. So there’s that reason why Ninjaro and Min Min was listed together as their was still debate up until that Arms Tournament that occurred this past January 2020

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
The main reason people are only slightly keeping an eye on the 4chan leak is cause Sakurai himself said he considered ninjara along with MinMin. As we know several names tend to float around, even characters that don't make it, it's possible both their names were floating around for a bit. But like others have stated it is 4chan so best not to take it too seriously.
It's weird not having 15 new pages to read every time I check the thread. I'm too used to the Geno thread 😂
Part of it from what I've seen is that alot if Rayman discussion happens on Twitter or elsewhere is what I've noticed. It is kinda odd thought when you compare replies on threads, some characters like shantae who while decently requested, isn't the number one request, is one of the top replied threads, but then on another site you may see others not talking about her. Guess it really depends on where the fans of said character like to discuss them

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still think two of those characters mostly only gained traction in speculation because of (surprise, surprise) that fake text leak on 5Chan for FP1.

So yeah, not really taking it seriously for the most part, since we could end up with another "Devil May Cry 3 for Switch"-like case of coincidences.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I'm not going to act like i'm a professional when it comes to NDAs, I ain't. But in Bethesda's/Doom Slayer's defense, they never said they negotiated with Nintendo, just that they had approached them, so I'm not sure how much that would breach contract. In the end, we did get Vault Boy so there was indeed negotiations of some sort without any struggle or implied NDA breaking. Could also be as mentioned that Stratton has no clue if Nintendo is negotiating with the higher ups, Nintendo would limit who has access to that information. There's plenty of angles to look at it from.

Also Grant was directly involved with the Spiral Mountain Smash remix, and he got away with lying anyway. Unsure if the same rules apply to him in that regard.
Grant said "Don't get your hope up." This isn't lying, but more of deflection.

Fallout would be out of Doom developer's touch, so negotiation about Vaultboy was out of his idea. But, Sakurai contacts not only publisher but also developers of each series. That was case with Banjo and Steve. I don't see point of going that indepth instead of simple deflection or vague statement.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Grant said "Don't get your hope up." This isn't lying, but more of deflection.

Fallout would be out of Doom developer's touch, so negotiation about Vault Boy was out of his idea. But, Sakurai contacts not only publisher but also developers of each series. That was case with Banjo and Steve. I don't see point of going that in-depth instead of simple deflection or vague statement.
I suppose I misremembered the Grant quote. Was really groggy yesterday morning so I just spoke out of my ass and didn't check my sources, my b.

With that said though, there's too many other possibilities for this case that I'm not going to disregard Doom entirely, right? Already mentioned that at the very least another Bethesda costume is likely in the cards since I don't see why go get Vault Boy's rights and stop there.

Also, about Vault Boy, true, doubt the ID developers would know about Vault Boy's presence in Smash, and you made a point that they wouldn't talk to just Bethesda, but ID as well, as they're the developers. However, I could also see Nintendo first approaching Bethesda before ID since they're the ones making the calls and would own the rights, and then they talk to ID when it's time to develop Slayer. So another possibility here is that when Stratton had that interview he was not under NDA yet, but that's just me expressing a possibility.

Although, take it as you will, I'm not looking for you or anyone to think the way I do, nor do I disrespect you for thinking differently, you know? Just that last page I said I thought it was important to argue things from every possible angle so that's what I'm trying to do here for the hell of speculation. Maybe you're right and I'll take the L, but really we only have to wait and see.

Edit: I was groggy this morning again, so I fixed some stuff that I worded terribly. I gotta stop saying things on Smashboards first thing in the morning.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the by, another curious "leak" that was seen last year (one that the Shantae thread brings up semi-frequently) has become newsworthy: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/dec/23/rumor-sakurai-choices-leak-ssbu/
Incidentally, two of the characters on there are tied into our current discussion.

I do appreciate that the article writer approaches it with a degree of skepticism.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
The moral of the point of all of this is that 4chan is like the least amount of investment in credibility for both Rayman and Hayabusa Packs as both are Heavily Credible to get in Volume 2 DLC in Super Smash Bros Ultimate with the Evidence we currently have of the 2

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I see some people on Twitter saying that "they'd never choose Rayman over Crash" but i'm geniunely curious, is this even a factor?

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I would really prefer keeping Crash out of Rayman's speculation but, no, it's irrelevant one way or another.

There is reasons why Nintendo would pick Rayman over Crash though, if one thinks outside of "Most popular character". Like Nintendo wanting to represent their relationship with Ubisoft through a character or W/E. Not to say Ubisoft or Koei Tecmo are owed character slots, but that's not the point, it's about what they represent.

Activision's relationship with Nintendo isn't bad at all but it's pretty much dormant, so Crash's inclusion would be based on factors different from Rayman's, that being his legacy as the Non-official Playstation mascot from the late 90's and his current popularity.

So the notion of "They'd pick Crash over Rayman" or even if you said it in vice versa makes no sense, because they both have unique merits for being included.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as I see, it's first come, first serve. The only reason some mascot characters would be skipped over is simply because positions have already been filled.

Crash and/or Rayman being left out would be no different than, say, Shantae and Earthworm Jim being left out. All have noteworthy relationships with Nintendo that are dormant or not, but just as likely to not be prioritized when there's plenty of options out there that could get in first, by negotiation.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I see some people on Twitter saying that "they'd never choose Rayman over Crash" but i'm geniunely curious, is this even a factor?
In my Honest Opinion it’s Always about the Gameplay that connects with the Audience regardless if a Character popular or not, as evident with past DLC Character Packs the DLC comprises of Characters that has been different from one another based on the same Genre of Gameplay. Here’s an Example:

- Joker is a Tactical RPG game character that has a built in mechanic based on Persona 5’s Arsene and much different from the Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy characters Gameplay

- Hero’s JRPG gameplay of Spells Casting which is foreign to Super Smash Bros itself with many variations of Attacks and Animations. On a side note to also mention as a Bonus to have an Akira Toriyama designed Character in the Game, which is as close as we’re going to get a Dragonball-esque character.

- Byleth being another Fire Emblem character would be contradictory to Sakurai’s statement by adding another same Swordfighter from the same franchise, however the Moveset is very Identical to Monster Hunter’s Moveset with 4-Different Weapons with the B + Analog Stick consisting Axe, Bow, Lance/Spear and Chained Sword, so the statement remains the same even for Byleth.

- Terry’s NEO-GEO control mechanics is a SNK fans dream for a Nostalgic Super Smash Bros gameplay, it definitely has similarities to Ryu and Ken’s 1v1 mechanic but diverges away with Input Commands that is faithfully adapting the NEO-GEO’s controls.

- Banjo and Kazooie’s Moveset is Rareware galore with references of the Classic mechanics of Rare’s Platformer gameplay similar to Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and even Donkey Kong 64 gameplay. BK definitely lives up to the Nostalgic Rareware gameplay that is been missing for 20-Years

- Minecraft is bonkers different from Every Character in the Game with so much Minecraft Gameplay done in spectacular fashion with creating an environmental platform and mining materials to create a Offensive and Recovery Defensive materials in your matchups.

- Min Min is a Long reach fighter that makes the Arms gameplay seem faithful to the source material fighting game, although being complex at first to handle overtime you pull off the Arms gameplay.

- Sephiroth is perhaps the First Super Powerful Lightweight Fighter based on the Heavy attacks that you deliver, his Reach is remarkable and differentiates from the Other Swordfighter’s in the Roster.

Now with all of that mentioned what benefits and strongly makes the case for Rayman and Hayabusa is that with the Rayman gameplay he has the Platformer ability to be a combination of Lightweight and Long Reach Fighter which is very New to the Genre Roster :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultbanjokazooie::ultdk::ultdiddy:of Platformer’s, while Hayabusa would be the First Character (if this is the Gameplay choice Sakurai goes for) to be fully versatile in different variations of Neutral Attacks with both his Kitana Swordfighter attacks and Brawler attacks that would combine the Gameplay attacks of your Classic Fighter Genre :ultryu::ultken::ult_terry: motif while mixing in Swordfighter:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultbyleth::ultcloud::ultsephiroth::ulthero::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultshulk::ultswordfighter: motif which is by All extensions the definition of “Fun to Play, not just Popular” statement by Sakurai

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Happy holidays to all y'all! This is something I should do more often, but I wanted to show a doodle of Ray in an Ultimate-type pose.

I tried giving it a similar energy to the :ultmario::ultsonic::ultbanjokazooie: renders, along with inspiration from the cover art for Legends.
View attachment 297148
Yooooo that's pretty neat!! I'd dig that pose for his smash render!

MattX20

Smash Hero
You think more Western composers would be brought on board for some of the Rayman remixes?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well considering that supposedly Nintendo got in contact with Ubisoft to get Grant Kirkhope for a Banjo remix, I would not mind if he double dipped and helped with a Rayman remix.
That, or maybe the original composers for Rayman music specifically?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
That, or maybe the original composers for Rayman music specifically?
The thing about that is the Original credited composer of the Rayman series is varied from every Rayman game, sadly even the first Rayman game composer passed away last year in 2019. Grant Kirkhope is actually a very Good Composer to make OST’s for the Rayman series

{Edit} although I would see both Grant Kirkhope and Christophe Heral who composed Tintin, Beyond Good and Evil 1 & 2, Rayman Origins and Legends be called in to Work with each other on Rayman’s Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Pack Music Tracks for Nintendo

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Well considering that supposedly Nintendo got in contact with Ubisoft to get Grant Kirkhope for a Banjo remix, I would not mind if he double dipped and helped with a Rayman remix.
Does anyone else find it interesting that they went to Ubisoft in order to get in touch with Grant for the Banjo Smash remix? I mean, that was probably the easiest way to get in touch with him since he worked on Mario + Rabbids but I think the fact that they used Ubisoft to get in touch with Grant is a testament to how good their relationship with Ubi actually is, entrusting them in the act of getting them in touch with a guy who they probably could have found another way to do it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Does anyone else find it interesting that they went to Ubisoft in order to get in touch with Grant for the Banjo Smash remix? I mean, that was probably the easiest way to get in touch with him since he worked on Mario + Rabbids but I think the fact that they used Ubisoft to get in touch with Grant is a testament to how good their relationship with Ubi actually is, entrusting them in the act of getting them in touch with a guy who they probably could have found another way to do it.
Most everyone in this thread did. That's one of the things we found the most peculiar, Ninty going out of their way to contact Kirkhope via Ubi as an intermediary.

As for me, I recall the time the Starlink staff was directly contacted by NOA's own representatives (including its own former prez :mybodyisreggie:).

And then there is this: https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...rprise-appearance-at-ubisoft-press-conference.

So it would take a third-party with huge clout for Ubi to be friendzoned for a spot in Smash.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Yooooo that's pretty neat!! I'd dig that pose for his smash render!
Hey, thanks man!
You're welcome to post it to the Rayman For Smash Twitter if you'd like, you could credit me under M.S. March Hare.
Maybe get a little action going & have others do their own take on a good Smash pose.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Been playing Rayman Legends on the Switch with my wife. We've been having a blast. I particularly enjoy those musical levels at the end of each world. The game definitely makes me want to see Rayman in Smash. He even plays like I imagine he'd play in a platform fighter. You could almost just copy and paste his attacks on to his A moves!

It's the only game I've played properly since Rayman 2 on the Dreamcast, and I couldn't even beat it because I was a stupid kid with no paitence!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Been playing Rayman Legends on the Switch with my wife. We've been having a blast. I particularly enjoy those musical levels at the end of each world. The game definitely makes me want to see Rayman in Smash. He even plays like I imagine he'd play in a platform fighter. You could almost just copy and paste his attacks on to his A moves!

It's the only game I've played properly since Rayman 2 on the Dreamcast, and I couldn't even beat it because I was a stupid kid with no paitence!
Rayman 2 is definitely worth a revisit if you find a way to play it! You can get it done in like 5 hours or less and the gameplay has aged decently. Glad you're enjoying Legends btw

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I hope we are graced in 2021 with Rayman in Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully 🙏 come Before or After an (Possible) Ubisoft 35th Anniversary Ubiforward Event Showcase on March 28th, 2021 that Nintendo will do a “Mr. Sakurai Presents: Fighter 9 Reveal” of Rayman gameplay and announcement of “Mr. Sakurai Presents: Rayman” before the Broadcast of Ubisoft 35th Anniversary Ubiforward. Just like Minecraft announcement of Super Smash Bros Ultimate and the straightforward Minecraft Live Event Showcase, it can also be an Announcement show for Ubisoft’s newest Nintendo collaboration with Mario + Rabbids 2

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yo!
Just impulse bought Rayman Legends.
Been wanting to play this since my wife and I beat Origins on wii.

I heard it boasts of being a great game so at $10 (with a few hours till the offer ends) the temptation was too much.

Bought it with Shantae: Risky's Revenge which I've also wanted to get for a long time.

Anyway, I hope I can convince her to play this one with me as well! We had a blast with Origins.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I'm guessing you meant 2021, because I don't think they're going to announce Rayman as a playable character in the next 8-9 hours.
**** I meant to say 2021 LMAO

Yo!
Just impulse bought Rayman Legends.
Been wanting to play this since my wife and I beat Origins on wii.

I heard it boasts of being a great game so at $10 (with a few hours till the offer ends) the temptation was too much.

Bought it with Shantae: Risky's Revenge which I've also wanted to get for a long time.

Anyway, I hope I can convince her to play this one with me as well! We had a blast with Origins.
I hope after you beat Legends you will want Rayman in Smash like the rest of us!

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hope after you beat Legends you will want Rayman in Smash like the rest of us!
Well, I've never been against him.
I've played my share of Rayman before.. just...
Gave up on the first before I could unlock the fin level(s). And I got stuck on some ship at the beginning of the sequel without knowing what to do.

As for Smash, it's one of those characters I believe to be so painfully deserving and smash material that I, as a Rayman casual, couldn't really add to a lot.
And I prefer being very knowledgeable of characters whose support threads i dive into.
Especially if I'm walking into potential spoiler territory.

But hey, as long as I'm here, add me to the supporters list.
I really hope the leak is true, cause Rayman, Doomguy and Ryu H. would be an absolute victory of a 2nd half pass.

Top Bottom