• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The one thing that makes people (and even his own supporters) doubt the Slayer is that one statement that's clung to so heavily about the ID Software folks apparently not having reached Smash negotiations.

https://www.techradar.com/news/doomguy-isnt-coming-to-smash-bros-ultimate-at-least-not-yet

Not that 4chan or 5Chan text leaks ever amount to anything 99% of the time, mind. The most "plausible" one so far is this supposed preliminary list that's been posted some time ago and brought up on the Shantae thread:

Saying hi, and Seven Sirens has been lots of fun (finally got my physical copy). Since all these other lists have been talked about recently, I thought I'd show the one leak with the long list of potential candidates for easier viewing. (updated with current standings and alphabetized). Idk what nickname it's going by but this is the list with Shantae in it.
  • Joker (starting since he’s already in)
  • Amaterasu
  • Arthur
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Banjo
  • Bill Rizer
  • Byleth
  • Captain Toad
  • Chun-Li
  • Crash
  • Crono
  • Doom Slayer
  • Erdrick
  • Ezio
  • Flynn (SMTIV)
  • Heihachi
  • Jibanyan
  • Lana
  • Lara Croft (indirectly deconfirmed)
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Linkle
  • Lloyd
  • Lora (Torna)
  • Luminary
  • Monster Hunter
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Porky
  • Professor Layton
  • Rayman
  • Rex
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Sephiroth
  • Shantae
  • Sora
  • Spyro
  • Steve
  • Terra (FFVI) (indirectly deconfirmed)
  • Terry Bogard
  • Yu
  • Yuri (Tales of Vesperia)
From page 37

Forgot who here made this document, I think it was T TAnimal or MrMcNuts MrMcNuts but this should go over the most discussed points we use.

@TangyKeys also came up with an interesting theory a couple of months ago which we've considered too:

View attachment 296595
You know ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos MrMcNuts MrMcNuts T TAnimal it just hit me earlier this morning: the best thing Rayman has going for him is that he wouldn't really need any new voice recordings, just use whatever archived audio that's in Origins/Legends!

Well, I'll still be sad about Dixie, but what are ya going to do.
Think of it this way; her Mii hat can easily be seen as a way of them saying "she'll get in next time". :ultkrool:

That being said, we don't know if the DLC run is truly over after FP2 finishes, so let's just wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
it just hit me earlier this morning: the best thing Rayman has going for him is that he wouldn't really need any new voice recordings, just use whatever archived audio that's in Origins/Legends!
I'm personally more partial of his Rayman 2 voice clips (his star KO sound would be the one from him falling off the stage in 2, it's too fitting) but I agree that he doesn't really need new voice clips. It worked very well for Banjo and Kazooie!

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
That list is missing Min Min. Unless they forgot to name her (and Dixie), I think it's safe to say it's not real.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
The one thing that makes people (and even his own supporters) doubt the Slayer is that one statement that's clung to so heavily about the ID Software folks apparently not having reached Smash negotiations.
Funny thing is I’m 50/50 on this being an issue as I’ve taken a lot of thought about that post that user made about this 10-Year Long Term Plan for Super Smash Bros Ultimate collaboration with an Endgame goal for each company (
https://twitter.com/NickAnimal66/status/1332880920181878784?s=20)
and I’m leaning towards that being the case of it being Realistic now that we have Square Enix involved once more, Doomguy is a possibility but not a sure fire bet for me personally. However to answer why that interview shouldn’t be taken as deconfirmation (atleast for the time being till we get more information about the status of the involvement of Bethesda) is that A.) Marty [Stratton] would probably not be the person to know about what’s going on behind the scenes with Nintendo and Bethesda Gaming Studio (which is now a subsidiary of Microsoft/Xbox Game Studio) business deal and B.) There’s also the possibility that just like Ubisoft with Ubisoft Montpellier (Rayman Game makers) that when they are given permission by the Parent Company to work with Sakurai on Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC that they keep their lips sealed up while they (Sakurai and the 3rd-Party Studio who works on those IP’s from sketches to concept {ala Rayman sketches from the Facebook Post}) continue to give Data to Sakurai on the Characters source game design and inclusion with important content from them. So my honest answer to this is that it’s a wait and see situation we’ll have to find out about.

You know ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos MrMcNuts MrMcNuts T TAnimal it just hit me earlier this morning: the best thing Rayman has going for him is that he wouldn't really need any new voice recordings, just use whatever archived audio that's in Origins/Legends!
Just like ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos I 100% am on the Belief that Sakurai is going for the Rayman 2 Raymanian Voice Recording Clips as Rayman 2 was on the Japanese SEGA Dreamcast as that Games been Heavily Praised across the globe for its Perfected Port. The Many different uses of the Voice Recording is pitch-perfect for the Characters Sound structure

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally more partial of his Rayman 2 voice clips (his star KO sound would be the one from him falling off the stage in 2, it's too fitting) but I agree that he doesn't really need new voice clips. It worked very well for Banjo and Kazooie!
Man that'd be great, especially if they use the little "Raymanese" voices for taunts and the like. I can already imagine the "Yeah, Rayman!" in a victory screen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As we saw recently, while interesting, that megapost isn't entirely foolproof, as Geno was left out again in favor of :ultsephiroth: (unless there's an extension or so after FP2, but that's hard to see right now). Wouldn't be surprised if Master Chief wasn't in consideration either, though Microsoft firmly has their foot in the door regardless of what happens.

I will say that it is likely that people on the lower echelons of a company would not be privy to what's really going on, so them being told that nothing's happening by the bigwigs would be a good way to prevent a NDA breach.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
As we saw recently, while interesting, that megapost isn't entirely foolproof, as Geno was left out again in favor of :ultsephiroth: (unless there's an extension or so after FP2, but that's hard to see right now). Wouldn't be surprised if Master Chief wasn't in consideration either, though Microsoft firmly has their foot in the door regardless of what happens.

I will say that it is likely that people on the lower echelons of a company would not be privy to what's really going on, so them being told that nothing's happening by the bigwigs would be a good way to prevent a NDA breach.
The post was more about which companies are more involved while he was predicting the Characters/Series they were going to pick to represent them, even though his prediction of Geno fell flat over Sephiroth. His whole point was that companies like Square Enix, Microsoft, Ubisoft and Koei-Tecmo has a Stronger Likelihood than previously thought as these companies have been responsible for Classic and Modern Collaborative Titles that would be a reasonable idea for these companies to get a IP Revitalization or Advertisement Promotional Marketing for their own Games

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
On the bright side, if Smash Ultimate DLC ends and we still don't have Rayman, at least we can take solace in the fact that he's still in Super Smash Flash 2!

On top of that, if Crash gets in first then Rayman becomes the most requested western Smash character, so win win either way.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Someone did a racing game with mascots on Dreams, recently.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

On the bright side, if Smash Ultimate DLC ends and we still don't have Rayman, at least we can take solace in the fact that he's still in Super Smash Flash 2!

On top of that, if Crash gets in first then Rayman becomes the most requested western Smash character, so win win either way.
Exactly, that's the spirit. Plus Crash would go to show that any kind of Western platformer mascot, past or present, would be viable, so it's a win-win-win.

Last edited:

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I don't know if you have seen this:

Apparently, it is seen that the list that appears here MATCHES PERFECTLY with this other list from May of this year:

The truth, I do not know what to think, if it is a list with luck or really there is something.
We will have to wait to see who the next DLC character will be to find out.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I don't know if you have seen this:

Apparently, it is seen that the list that appears here MATCHES PERFECTLY with this other list from May of this year:

The truth, I do not know what to think, if it is a list with luck or really there is something.
We will have to wait to see who the next DLC character will be to find out.
Yeah I saw this on twitter. It was before the second image gained traction so it's got that going for it. Though I'd believe it more if this anon decided to say anything literally two days earlier.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Double posting cause WE FINALLY GOT RAYMAN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IN 2020 BOYS

Geno Fans when they get their Mii costume back as a consolation prize: Wtf Nintendo and Square Enix hates us!
Rayman Fans when they get one render in 2020:
Don't take this post too seriously, lol.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
That list is missing Min Min. Unless they forgot to name her (and Dixie), I think it's safe to say it's not real.
I think Min Min was added because the creator requested Nintendo and Sakurai to add her due to the results for the Party Crash Bash tournament, which she's the winner.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Double posting cause WE FINALLY GOT RAYMAN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IN 2020 BOYS

I would not mind a another Rayman Legends. Beside I enjoy that Legends. I'll take whatever I could get as this point. Been waiting for a long time anyway. Happy that is coming back in 2021 next year is going to be awesome.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I think it's kind of funny how there are two exact opposite community reactions from the Mii Costumes. We see the costumes as a point in favor because they omitted Rayman for some reason when Ubisoft themselves are team Rayman for Smash, and others see it as a point against because they'd expect Rayman to be bundled up with them later.

And you know what even if I don't agree at all with the logic of two non-Rayman costumes deconfirming Rayman, I'm not going to say it's an unreasonable conclusion to make? There's ways to get around the argument, but I can see where they are coming from.

I only don't like when they take their speculation as fact and say it'll never happen even after we got ****ing Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth this pass, who were all considered unlikely picks. People should think outside the box more. Believe in your own speculation but play devil's advocate on yourself, that sort of thing.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I think it's kind of funny how there are two exact opposite community reactions from the Mii Costumes. We see the costumes as a point in favor because they omitted Rayman for some reason when Ubisoft themselves are team Rayman for Smash, and others see it as a point against because they'd expect Rayman to be bundled up with them later.

And you know what even if I don't agree at all with the logic of two non-Rayman costumes deconfirming Rayman, I'm not going to say it's an unreasonable conclusion to make? There's ways to get around the argument, but I can see where they are coming from.

I only don't like when they take their speculation as fact and say it'll never happen even after we got ****ing Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth this pass, who were all considered unlikely picks. People should think outside the box more. Believe in your own speculation but play devil's advocate on yourself, that sort of thing.
I am in the boat who consider the mii costumes completely irrelevant one way or another.

Why?

Because there's a significant chance that Nintendo and Ubisoft made an agreement to make these mii costumes long before talks about FP2 started, and the reason why they didn't put a Rayman costume in there is because they agreed to not make a costume just in case Nintendo decided that they want Rayman in this pass, probably for the same reason why the Namco costumes only first now started to drop even though there's no Namco fighter in FP1; Nintendo and Namco held these back just in case they decided to put a Namco fighter in Pass 2.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I am in the boat who consider the mii costumes completely irrelevant one way or another.

Why?

Because there's a significant chance that Nintendo and Ubisoft made an agreement to make these mii costumes long before talks about FP2 started, and the reason why they didn't put a Rayman costume in there is because they agreed to not make a costume just in case Nintendo decided that they want Rayman in this pass, probably for the same reason why the Namco costumes only first now started to drop even though there's no Namco fighter in FP1; Nintendo and Namco held these back just in case they decided to put a Namco fighter in Pass 2.
I've been thinking a similar way too. Considering Steve and Sephiroth who have evidence pointing towards them being in discussions for years now, I've started to ask myself what other companies have definitely negotiated with Nintendo recently:
  • Ubisoft, of course. As you've said, with the Mii costumes and the spirits it's evident that the companies are still talking it out. Also rumors that Rayman may have been in talks as back as like 2014 or so. Y'all already know most of the Rayman deal lol
  • Bethesda. Honestly after the recent 99% fake 4chan "leak" I've decided to humor it and reevaluate Doom Slayer. In my opinion, I think it's very unlikely that Nintendo flew up to Bethesda just to ask for Vault Boy of all characters and leave it at that. At the very least I think there will be more Bethesda costumes down the line. And no, that interview means nothing, we could get Doom Slayer then look back at that interview and just say "huh... guess we've been bamboozled... we're fools." So Doom Slayer's on my mind, or it could be Dovahkin even. Pete Hines said in late 2018 that they had spoken to Nintendo about Smash Bros. which also lines up with when Sephiroth was supposedly decided.
  • Koei Tecmo. (I beat Ninja Gaiden yesterday so I'm in the mood) So why is there absolutely no Koei Tecmo content in Smash? Fatal Frame is coowned so I don't really count it. Not even Hyrule Warriors gets rep but Mario Rabbids and SMRPG do. KT has done tons for Nintendo to where I think their omission is suspicious. Considering the lack of KT content, there's no official indicator for when the two companies have discussed Smash. All we have is comments from reliable insiders from... also 2018. Another one that lines up. Additionally, I believe that if Hayabusa was in the game, he'd be like Terry where he represents his entire company and not just his games, which would explain the complete lack of content. Wishful thinking too but I'd like if they also added Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors music to their respective music lists alongside Hayabusa. He remains the most likely candidate imo.
  • Capcom. So last night was a bit wild cause we may have been implied to that Monster Hunter was a base game consideration but got scrapped. It's tinfoil hat stuff but it makes sense in the sense that Rathalos is in the game... by himself... like Cloud before Sephiroth. I'm losing faith in Capcom getting a character, but if Monster Hunter was added, then all the pieces would makes sense the same way Sephiroth did.
  • Namco: There's a leak from back when Smash released which is being talked about which goes as the Chun-Leak. Got Sephiroth and Steve right and implied Chun-Li was considered before Ken (add this to the Capcom section) but also implies that a Tales character was going to be added but got scrapped. Both Lloyd and Monster Hunter are our missing costumes so luckily I think we'll know both of their fates before April.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Can we talk about arguebly the worst arguement against Rayman; "Doesn't he only punch?"View attachment 296829
Even if Rayman could only punch why does it matter lmao. His limbless nature is enough to make Sakurai go creative. The argument is stupid regardless of the character we're discussing.
  • R.O.B. is just a toy that spins a spinning top, but there he is shooting lasers and ****.
  • Duck Hunt can only laugh.
  • Wii Fit Trainer just does yoga.
  • Mario can only jump.
  • Villager isn't a fighter...You get the idea.
People are either just simple minded or ignorant, cause the evidence is right in front of them and they'll ignore it anyway. More unfortunate examples:
  • Phoenix Wright doesn't fight but I'll ignore MVC3, that doesn't count.
  • Crash can only spin. Never played his games btw I was born in 2005
  • Doom Slayer is too violent. Bayonetta has some brutal finishers and Snake has some graphic imagery in his games too. Other games have also nerfed gorey characters, like Scorpion in Injustice, and it's worked very well... Doom Slayer can't be nerfed tho for some reason... Also where's Dante?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What's arguably one of the most dumbest arguments right now is the belief that there can't be more than one Western character in a pass. For all we know, one, two or even all three of the remaining characters in FP2 could be Western. It's not like it's a particularly hard boundary to cross unless negotiations got tardy.

Yeah, I mean I don't see enough people being open enough to other possibilities. Way too much betting on a single number in roulette, whereas I prefer to spread and see if I get lucky. There's fan rules, and then there's mistaking actual rules for fan rules.

Take it from me, I keep being treated like Cassandra when I bring up my more reasonable theories and pattern-analysing in these parts.

Can we talk about arguebly the worst arguement against Rayman; "Doesn't he only punch?"
After what happened for Iron Fist in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3/Ultimate and :ultlittlemac:, I can only point and laugh at that kind of argument.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Saw that Rayman trademark activity. Mmmmmm....

If we do indeed see a new Rayman next year, 2021 looks to be the best year in gaming, for me at least.

New Rayman
Zelda BotW 2
Hollow Knight Silksong
Cuphead DLC
Pokemon Snap 2
Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection
Perfect Dark (I think?)
Playtonic's new game (They released YL and YL Impossible Lair two years apart. We could see at least an announcement.)
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Top it off with all heavily rumored games like Metroid 5 and a new DK game and... ooohh boy I'm broke.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Saw that Rayman trademark activity. Mmmmmm....

If we do indeed see a new Rayman next year, 2021 looks to be the best year in gaming, for me at least.

New Rayman
Zelda BotW 2
Hollow Knight Silksong
Cuphead DLC
Pokemon Snap 2
Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection
Perfect Dark (I think?)
Playtonic's new game (They released YL and YL Impossible Lair two years apart. We could see at least an announcement.)
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Top it off with all heavily rumored games like Metroid 5 and a new DK game and... ooohh boy I'm broke.
Don't forget about the heavy rumors for a possible new Crash spin-off. It's hard to keep track of everything, and the year hasn't started yet.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Unrelated to the topic, but I really hope they make a Diddy Kong Racing spiritual successor featuring the Yooka Laylee characters.
I have a feeling they are working on another 3D platformer, one that improves on all of the flaws from the original.

However, a Diddy Kong Racing spiritual successor is what I want the most from them. Better yet, make it an actual Diddy Kong Racing 2. A direct sequel featuring Playtonic characters would certainly earn them brownie points from the Nintendo community who I feel have some trust issues regarding the developer. I know their first game was a bit of a flawed collectathon, but Impossible Lair was genuinely fantastic. A true RARE return to form that could easily match up with the great RARE titles of the Nintendo era. I think far too many people are ignoring it sadly. The game feels like a whole combination of games I love. DKC and Zelda are the most obvious ones, but it also has a bit of Yoshi's Island with having to catch Laylee like Baby Mario upon getting hit, Banjo Kazooie with searching the environment looking for stuff like coins and tonics, and even some Rayman Origins/Legends with how ground pounding works and how you find a secret obstructed from view you hear "Ooooo!"

I could gush about the game for hours, but I'll refrain from doing so. Seriously though, if anyone reading this is a Rayman fan (because of course you are) and you haven't played Impossible Lair, then there is absolutely something here for you.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
This ain’t Rayman focused but I gotta say OMG the Sephiroth Pack with All of the Full Final Fantasy content has got to be one of the Most Satisfying DLC Packs since Banjo-Kazooie Pack with Music, Spirits, Mii Costumes and FF7 Easter Eggs, looking forward to the Rayman Series Pack to come close or Top the Full Definitive Final Fantasy/Sephiroth Pack

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I cant wait for the meme of Rayman got in Smash Ultimate over Crash will be worst then Sephiroth Hatters Memes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nothing says we can't get both. :ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:

Even if Rayman could only punch why does it matter lmao. His limbless nature is enough to make Sakurai go creative. The argument is stupid regardless of the character we're discussing.
  • R.O.B. is just a toy that spins a spinning top, but there he is shooting lasers and ****.
  • Duck Hunt can only laugh.
  • Wii Fit Trainer just does yoga.
  • Mario can only jump.
  • Villager isn't a fighter...You get the idea.
People are either just simple minded or ignorant, cause the evidence is right in front of them and they'll ignore it anyway. More unfortunate examples:
  • Phoenix Wright doesn't fight but I'll ignore MVC3, that doesn't count.
  • Crash can only spin. Never played his games btw I was born in 2005
  • Doom Slayer is too violent. Bayonetta has some brutal finishers and Snake has some graphic imagery in his games too. Other games have also nerfed gorey characters, like Scorpion in Injustice, and it's worked very well... Doom Slayer can't be nerfed tho for some reason... Also where's Dante?
The kicker is that the Gematsu leak DH was in was claimed to be ridiculous just because they were there. They're also forgetful/uncultured, because we always get silly characters like that in every Smash. :ultgnw:

Edit: And :ultduckhunt: just got a buff!

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Funny thing is I’m 50/50 on this being an issue as I’ve taken a lot of thought about that post that user made about this 10-Year Long Term Plan for Super Smash Bros Ultimate collaboration with an Endgame goal for each company (
https://twitter.com/NickAnimal66/status/1332880920181878784?s=20)
and I’m leaning towards that being the case of it being Realistic now that we have Square Enix involved once more, Doomguy is a possibility but not a sure fire bet for me personally. However to answer why that interview shouldn’t be taken as deconfirmation (atleast for the time being till we get more information about the status of the involvement of Bethesda) is that A.) Marty [Stratton] would probably not be the person to know about what’s going on behind the scenes with Nintendo and Bethesda Gaming Studio (which is now a subsidiary of Microsoft/Xbox Game Studio) business deal and B.) There’s also the possibility that just like Ubisoft with Ubisoft Montpellier (Rayman Game makers) that when they are given permission by the Parent Company to work with Sakurai on Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC that they keep their lips sealed up while they (Sakurai and the 3rd-Party Studio who works on those IP’s from sketches to concept {ala Rayman sketches from the Facebook Post}) continue to give Data to Sakurai on the Characters source game design and inclusion with important content from them. So my honest answer to this is that it’s a wait and see situation we’ll have to find out about.
I'm pretty sure mentioning negotiation is pretty much breaking contract. Not just lie. Mentioning the negotiation even if he lied about falling apart is breaking NDA contract. He should've known the deal since he should be directly involved in as developer, not just ex-composer like Grant.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure mentioning negotiation is pretty much breaking contract. Not just lie. Mentioning the negotiation even if he lied about falling apart is breaking NDA contract. He should've known the deal since he should be directly involved in as developer, not just ex-composer like Grant.
Yeah I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Slayer, but the only main reason he gained traction as flavor of the month is due to that silly 5Chan text "leak" for FP1, and the elaborate Cacodemon hat leak hoax capitalized on that. I wouldn't be surprised if he ultimately isn't in for this time, but his current series situation will make sure that he sticks around for a bit.

Personally, I enjoy the slower traffic. Makes it easier to focus on everybody and you don't have to check in 5 times a day lol

That said I wouldn't mind if we had Geno Thred levels of replies.
I appreciate the other threads actually getting attention for once. Not to mention I was barely noticed anymore in that thread anyways.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm not going to act like i'm a professional when it comes to NDAs, I ain't. But in Bethesda's/Doom Slayer's defense, they never said they negotiated with Nintendo, just that they had approached them, so I'm not sure how much that would breach contract. In the end, we did get Vault Boy so there was indeed negotiations of some sort without any struggle or implied NDA breaking. Could also be as mentioned that Stratton has no clue if Nintendo is negotiating with the higher ups, Nintendo would limit who has access to that information. There's plenty of angles to look at it from.

Also Grant was directly involved with the Spiral Mountain Smash remix, and he got away with lying anyway. Unsure if the same rules apply to him in that regard.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not going to act like i'm a professional when it comes to NDAs, I ain't. But in Bethesda's/Doom Slayer's defense, they never said they negotiated with Nintendo, just that they had approached them, so I'm not sure how much that would breach contract. In the end, we did get Vault Boy so there was indeed negotiations of some sort without any struggle or implied NDA breaking. Could also be as mentioned that Stratton has no clue if Nintendo is negotiating with the higher ups, Nintendo would limit who has access to that information. There's plenty of angles to look at it from.

Also Grant was directly involved with the Spiral Mountain Smash remix, and he got away with lying anyway. Unsure if the same rules apply to him in that regard.
Also, as an addendum legitimate leaks don't seem to impact negotiations as well, seeing as the leak for :ulthero: apparently had SE execs go into a fit, and most people were expecting them to come since like, what, September 2018? Still got included by the end of it all.

The hardest case to tell for sure is Toshihiro Nagoshi, who denies that Yakuza's Kiryu Kazuma has a chance to get in Smash at all, citing an in-universe personality trait as the reason that Sak could easily ignore anyway.

Top Bottom