• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Ngl I'd probably want rabbids next. They're annoying af but the Mario rabbids at least have some personality and could have a cool moveset.

Assassin's Creed, while a huge franchise, is alot like call of duty where it doesn't have something terribly interesting to offer for smash. The Assassin's look cool, but that's about it.

Hey now, let's not turn this into a crash vs ray thing again. Remember, both fanbases love both characters, and even if crash gets in, it'll undoubtedly make rayman the most requested 3rd party platformer rep!

Even if ray doesn't make it, nintendo still prioritized giving him representation for the base roster over vanilla rabbids and Assassin's Creed, another sign showing that whenever it's time for a Ubi rep, it would undoubtedly be him!

But I do agree the fact that he didn't show up as a mii with rabbids and Altair is very telling, I'd say it rules out him being a mii and hopefully means he could be coming as a fighter!
I say that as a person who also wants Crash to be in the game. Honestly when I said that my fear was Crash, I made a mistake., my real biggest fear is actually Fortnite getting a fighter slot over our boy.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
And you know what else, Rayman is one of those characters that's little discussed or detracted for irrelevant reasons, but I bet you that if he got in a lot of those same people would switch their stance to "yeah he was obviously coming, Ubisoft and Nintendo have a good relationship" and whatever
It's probably because those people want to see their most wanted characters joining the roster and not what anybody else wants.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And you know what else, Rayman is one of those characters that's little discussed or detracted for irrelevant reasons, but I bet you that if he got in a lot of those same people would switch their stance to "yeah he was obviously coming, Ubisoft and Nintendo have a good relationship" and whatever
Which wouldn't be new, sadly. People in general are so close-minded in this speculation period that it's like they barely expect anything radical to ever happen.

Without a doubt

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with steve. Loads of people saying it wouldn't happen or that it would be a Mii at best but then they acted like they saw it coming the moment he dropped.
Either that or "Steve will obviously get in before Banjo, don't be delusional.".

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It's probably because those people want to see their most wanted characters joining the roster and not what anybody else wants.
Hmm... More or less? If this was the case all the time then over half the prediction lists wouldn't have a Gen 8 Pokemon on them, cause most people predicting that do so out of pessimism, not cause they want it. (Not saying there aren't people who genuinely want a gen 8 Pokemon)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
This was originally posted in May 2019, back when the only DLC fighter we knew about was Joker (not counting Piranha Plant). We now know of course that every character from Fighter Pass 1 is on here and even Steve from Fighter Pass 2 is on this list as well, which means it could definitely have credibility to it. If it is real, it'd definitely be proof that Rayman is on Nintendo's radar.
It's fake, there's no way a list like that would be made public

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yeah I definitely wouldn't trust anything from 4chan, literally anyone could have typed it.

Either that or "Steve will obviously get in before Banjo, don't be delusional.".
Funny how if you bring up banjo getting in over Minecraft or halo to compare to rayman getting in over Assassin's creed, detractors will be like "well that's not the same because -" incoherent diahrea sounds and nonesensical bias ensues

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Im not a lot involved in Rayman world but I would love to see Crash and Rayman joining because I feel they are the last 2 world mascots that Smash need to complete the whole pack. Also, I love these kind of designs rather than only human forms
Once Rayman gets in I'm hopping on board the Crash train if he's not already in by that time. But my most wanted after Rayman would be Master Chief from Halo.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yeah I definitely wouldn't trust anything from 4chan, literally anyone could have typed it.

Funny how if you bring up banjo getting in over Minecraft or halo to compare to rayman getting in over Assassin's creed, detractors will be like "well that's not the same because -" incoherent diahrea sounds and nonesensical bias ensues
Does the Banjo/Steve logic work with Megaman and Ryu too? Ryu is more popular than Megaman AND more successful by a good margin. Yet Megaman is the character they chose to reveal along with Smash 4.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This may have been overlooked, but Rayman's spirit has been listed rather close to the ARMS spirits, which were among the last ones to be added in the base game.

https://smashultimatespirits.com/details.php?id=1285

:ultminmin got promoted later. Not sure whether there should be any stock put into this, but it's something to consider.

Does the Banjo/Steve logic work with Megaman and Ryu too? Ryu is more popular than Megaman AND more successful by a good margin. Yet Megaman is the character they chose to reveal along with Smash 4.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
This may have been overlooked, but Rayman's spirit has been listed rather close to the ARMS spirits, which were among the last ones to be added in the base game.

https://smashultimatespirits.com/details.php?id=1285

:ultminmin got promoted later. Not sure whether there should be any stock put into this, but it's something to consider.

To add to this theory, if the Spirit's number does reflect the order they were added in base game, it makes the fact that Rayman didn't come with his friends as spirits make more sense, because he was a last minute addition. As mentioned, Arms is like almost right next to Rayman in the list but with multiple spirits, but I'd say the fact they're a Nintendo series already is a decent excuse to justify more spirits. Shantae is the very last of the base game list, but Risky Boots is alongside her. It is also possible that Rayman was added after the Rabbid Spirits, but those are paired up with the rest of the Mario series, so it's harder to tell when they were added, they do come before Mario Tennis Aces spirits.

So isn't it interesting that Rayman was not only among the last few spirits decided but also the only major third party IP with a single series spirit? Conspiracy theory says Ubisoft requested Rayman but just Rayman gets added while they negotiated him as a character with a full-on Spirit Board.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
To add to this theory, if the Spirit's number does reflect the order they were added in base game, it makes the fact that Rayman didn't come with his friends as spirits make more sense, because he was a last minute addition. As mentioned, Arms is like almost right next to Rayman in the list but with multiple spirits, but I'd say the fact they're a Nintendo series already is a decent excuse to justify more spirits. Shantae is the very last of the base game list, but Risky Boots is alongside her. It is also possible that Rayman was added after the Rabbid Spirits, but those are paired up with the rest of the Mario series, so it's harder to tell when they were added, they do come before Mario Tennis Aces spirits.

So isn't it interesting that Rayman was not only among the last few spirits decided but also the only major third party IP with a single series spirit? Conspiracy theory says Ubisoft requested Rayman but just Rayman gets added while they negotiated him as a character with a full-on Spirit Board.
What surprises me the most is that Rayman has been in Smash for 6 years at this point, starting with his trophy in Smash 4. I find it hard to believe that they DIDN'T consider him for a character slot at all during those 6 years + the development years of Smash 4. The Smash ballot probably put them on their radar even more for Ultimate as well.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Without a doubt

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with steve. Loads of people saying it wouldn't happen or that it would be a Mii at best but then they acted like they saw it coming the moment he dropped.
✋:olimar:Guilty.

I did say that Steve could be a mii one time. Not out of malice, but plain ol' ignorance. I've got no nostalgia/history with Minecraft, after all, but I'm glad I got proved wrong.

Steve's a fun, comical character to play as, & Minecraft IS the best selling game OAT, so y'know, a spot was warranted, if not guaranteed.

But I digress, back to rooting for a character I do have history with!

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
This was originally posted in May 2019, back when the only DLC fighter we knew about was Joker (not counting Piranha Plant). We now know of course that every character from Fighter Pass 1 is on here and even Steve from Fighter Pass 2 is on this list as well, which means it could definitely have credibility to it. If it is real, it'd definitely be proof that Rayman is on Nintendo's radar.
This Leak doesn't even have any reps from Arms too, either this is false or the leak is true however sakurai decided to not use it for a portion Pass 2.

Last edited:

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
Do you happen to still have the source?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
✋:olimar:Guilty.

I did say that Steve could be a mii one time. Not out of malice, but plain ol' ignorance. I've got no nostalgia/history with Minecraft, after all, but I'm glad I got proved wrong.

Steve's a fun, comical character to play as, & Minecraft IS the best selling game OAT, so y'know, a spot was warranted, if not guaranteed.

But I digress, back to rooting for a character I do have history with!
See that’s exactly why Rayman Mii Costume isn’t as likely as people make it out to be as the Minecraft Mii Costume is like not that original of an idea when people bring up that Mii Swordfighter - Steve Costume because that’s not how Minecraft is properly represented from its Series. Rayman as a Mii Brawler Costume just flat out won’t work because that’s not how similar Rayman works from the Series with a Mii Brawler, as Rayman has movesets that is as translatable and original as a Platformer is, whereas (unpopular as it’s gonna sound who loves these characters) characters that ended up being Mii Costumes such as:
  • Travis Touchdown is a Lightsaber Swordfighter from No More Heroes that is unoriginal from all the Other Swordfighter’s
  • Heihachi Mishima (which breaks my heart to say this but) is a Brawler that is already played out of favor with other Fighting Game characters like Terry, Ryu and Ken being represented in the Diverse roster of characters
  • Gil is just flat out a typical Swordfighter, which there’s no way around it regardless
  • Lloyd Irving is no doubt going to end being a Mii Costume once again as the Namco Mii Costumes are coming back full swing and a certain character that has a Kitana Sword will already be coming Thanks in part to Verge’s confirmation or clarification of His involvement
  • Monster Hunter and Rathalos Armor are coming back regardless as Rathalos and the Monster Hunter Music Tracks are already in, along with the fact that Byleth has Monster Hunter’s entire Moveset with the Axe, Bow, Spear and Chained Sword all together
  • Knuckles, Bomberman, Zero, Squid Sister’s and Akira were added because of being an apology to certain fans that wanted them as playable characters but rather got added as Assist Trophies
  • Vault Boy was added as Gunner because of how similar the Fallout Mascot is to the Mii Gunner Moveset and also it was more popular than the Protagonists that starred in all Fallout Games
  • Cuphead is at its core a Gunner that just wasn’t gonna be a fully playable Character because of Nintendo’s 3rd-Party Collaboration with Triple AAA Companies, but regardless when you compare the Cuphead source material with Mii Gunner Moveset it’s a match made in Heaven that looks and feels like a Cuphead game
  • Sans was at an absolute High request but just wasn’t fully backed up with Nintendo because of Small Indie Developers like Toby Fox just wasn’t on the same level as Nintendo’s other Collabs like SEGA, Capcom, Namco, Konami, Square Enix, SNK, Microsoft, Tecmo & Ubisoft. So because of that Sakurai made him into a Mii Gunner which actually was (conceptually) accurate with its Own Source Material
  • Tails, Proto Man, X, .exe & Jacky were just gonna return as Mii Costumes so that’s a given.
  • Goemon was a Cult-Classic of its time on the N64 but Moveset and Conceptually was way too simplistic to get a Playable spot so He ended up as a Mii Swordfighter
  • Persona, Dragon Quest, SNK, Arms and Pokémon Mii Costumes was bond to be added with the New Series Contents regardless
  • Finally we get 2 of the Ubisoft Mii Costumes that set the Rayman Series on Notice of inclusion in the Near Future, Altaïr from Assassins Creed and Rabbids as both were a Full Representation of their Series as:
    • Altaïr Mii Swordfighter is the Exact Moveset and Designed Fighter that incapsulates the entire spirit of Assassin’s Creed Favorites like Altaïr, Ezio, Connor and All of the Series with the signature White Coat and Fighting Style in a Mii Swordfighter
    • Rabbids Hat was faithfully adapted as the Rabbids didn’t have a Conceptual Moveset to work with, and also makes the most uniquely random ideas you can mix up with other Body Costumes
So with All that being said there’s 1 Constant that has been focally clear about Each Character inclusion which is that if “This Character” is Bonkers different from the other 77 characters that are in the Roster than that warrants “This Character” as a First Ballot Pick over the Others that Makes the Character Fun. So because Rayman is far different from the other Fighters that has a Gimmick, that shrinks the other Potential Newcomer Picks because of how (as you put it) Comedic, Charming, Innovative and Culturally Defining Gameplay Rayman is with the Hardcore Fans and Casual Fans is how you make a Character and Pack a MUST BUY for Smash Bros Ultimate Players

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Im not a lot involved in Rayman world but I would love to see Crash and Rayman joining because I feel they are the last 2 world mascots that Smash need to complete the whole pack. Also, I love these kind of designs rather than only human forms
Welcome aboard King!

Yes.... I like this new theory
14542.jpg

What surprises me the most is that Rayman has been in Smash for 6 years at this point, starting with his trophy in Smash 4. I find it hard to believe that they DIDN'T consider him for a character slot at all during those 6 years + the development years of Smash 4. The Smash ballot probably put them on their radar even more for Ultimate as well.
I might have posted it before but my pal Rayfun actually got to talk to one of the lead designers on Rayman Legends at the Paris game fair and talks for Rayman in smash have supposedly existed since back in 2013ish
Screenshot_20201001-215227_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20201001-215246_Twitter.jpg

Sorry alot of screenshots but yeah, discussions for getting ray in smash have definitely existed!

Also another thing on the 4chan list, but it should be noted that the only 4chan leak for ultimate that came true (from what I understand) is a leak saying daisy and Ridley were to be shown off with ultimates announcement, but even then that leak popped up a few hours before Nintendos E3 of that year. So yeah I wouldn't put much stock into anything 4chan

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Welcome aboard King!

View attachment 292491

I might have posted it before but my pal Rayfun actually got to talk to one of the lead designers on Rayman Legends at the Paris game fair and talks for Rayman in smash have supposedly existed since back in 2013ish
View attachment 292492
View attachment 292493
Sorry alot of screenshots but yeah, discussions for getting ray in smash have definitely existed!

Also another thing on the 4chan list, but it should be noted that the only 4chan leak for ultimate that came true (from what I understand) is a leak saying daisy and Ridley were to be shown off with ultimates announcement, but even then that leak popped up a few hours before Nintendos E3 of that year. So yeah I wouldn't put much stock into anything 4chan
Exactly! If they're still on good terms, and assuming Nintendo and Ubisoft know Raymans been one of the top 10 requests for a fighter over the last six years, you'd think Rayman would happen! I feel good about his chances, but mainly because I would be surprised if Ubisoft wouldn't at least want one rep in Smash for all they do with Nintendo

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In regards to Heihachi, the "redundant fighter" argument doesn't work, because his latest VA having passed away shortly after doing :ultincineroar: prevented him anyway (doesn't help that Tekken 7's DLC is still going, so Heihachi won't get a replacement in any Tekken Tag yet). Last I checked, the main thing that is preventing a Tekken fighter is translating their 3D arena gameplay in a way that Smash might try to keep faithful.

Mii costumes are given as consolation prizes, not necessarily because a character has "no potential". If Rayman went this long without one, it may be because they got something bigger in mind.

Welcome aboard King!

View attachment 292491

View attachment 292492
View attachment 292493

Nice find, this might be the most circumstantial evidence so far.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
In regards to Heihachi, the "redundant fighter" argument doesn't work, because his latest VA having passed away shortly after doing :ultincineroar: prevented him anyway (doesn't help that Tekken 7's DLC is still going, so Heihachi won't get a replacement in any Tekken Tag yet). Last I checked, the main thing that is preventing a Tekken fighter is translating their 3D arena gameplay in a way that Smash might try to keep faithful.

Mii costumes are given as consolation prizes, not necessarily because a character has "no potential". If Rayman went this long without one, it may be because they got something bigger in mind.
It might be, but it’s more has to do with the Returning Mii Costumes coming (although Geno may look to be a Massive exception to that rule as that fanbase is as Vocal as the Banjo fans) as the Roster does need Diversity to keep it Fresh which is why Heihachi Mii Costume returning looks to have been more about having differentiation with the DLC Packs than repeating the same kind of Genre Fighters which irks me to say that but in honesty it’s the Right thing to do when you’re Smash Bros Ultimate consumer base is extremely passionate about wanting Diverse Gameplay characters.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Exactly! If they're still on good terms, and assuming Nintendo and Ubisoft know Raymans been one of the top 10 requests for a fighter over the last six years, you'd think Rayman would happen! I feel good about his chances, but mainly because I would be surprised if Ubisoft wouldn't at least want one rep in Smash for all they do with Nintendo
I'd be surprised if Nintendo didn't get Ubi a Smash rep at all.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Welcome aboard King!

View attachment 292491

View attachment 292492
View attachment 292493

Since Nintendo was the one that published Rayman Legends exclusively for the Wii U in Japan it seems what Emile said would definitely fit with that fact. It also proves that Rayman in Smash discussion has been a topic between the two for a long time...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
See that’s exactly why Rayman Mii Costume isn’t as likely as people make it out to be as the Minecraft Mii Costume is like not that original of an idea when people bring up that Mii Swordfighter - Steve Costume because that’s not how Minecraft is properly represented from its Series. Rayman as a Mii Brawler Costume just flat out won’t work because that’s not how similar Rayman works from the Series with a Mii Brawler, as Rayman has movesets that is as translatable and original as a Platformer is, whereas (unpopular as it’s gonna sound who loves these characters) characters that ended up being Mii Costumes such as:
  • Travis Touchdown is a Lightsaber Swordfighter from No More Heroes that is unoriginal from all the Other Swordfighter’s
  • Heihachi Mishima (which breaks my heart to say this but) is a Brawler that is already played out of favor with other Fighting Game characters like Terry, Ryu and Ken being represented in the Diverse roster of characters
  • Gil is just flat out a typical Swordfighter, which there’s no way around it regardless
  • Lloyd Irving is no doubt going to end being a Mii Costume once again as the Namco Mii Costumes are coming back full swing and a certain character that has a Kitana Sword will already be coming Thanks in part to Verge’s confirmation or clarification of His involvement
  • Monster Hunter and Rathalos Armor are coming back regardless as Rathalos and the Monster Hunter Music Tracks are already in, along with the fact that Byleth has Monster Hunter’s entire Moveset with the Axe, Bow, Spear and Chained Sword all together
  • Knuckles, Bomberman, Zero, Squid Sister’s and Akira were added because of being an apology to certain fans that wanted them as playable characters but rather got added as Assist Trophies
  • Vault Boy was added as Gunner because of how similar the Fallout Mascot is to the Mii Gunner Moveset and also it was more popular than the Protagonists that starred in all Fallout Games
  • Cuphead is at its core a Gunner that just wasn’t gonna be a fully playable Character because of Nintendo’s 3rd-Party Collaboration with Triple AAA Companies, but regardless when you compare the Cuphead source material with Mii Gunner Moveset it’s a match made in Heaven that looks and feels like a Cuphead game
  • Sans was at an absolute High request but just wasn’t fully backed up with Nintendo because of Small Indie Developers like Toby Fox just wasn’t on the same level as Nintendo’s other Collabs like SEGA, Capcom, Namco, Konami, Square Enix, SNK, Microsoft, Tecmo & Ubisoft. So because of that Sakurai made him into a Mii Gunner which actually was (conceptually) accurate with its Own Source Material
  • Tails, Proto Man, X, .exe & Jacky were just gonna return as Mii Costumes so that’s a given.
  • Goemon was a Cult-Classic of its time on the N64 but Moveset and Conceptually was way too simplistic to get a Playable spot so He ended up as a Mii Swordfighter
  • Persona, Dragon Quest, SNK, Arms and Pokémon Mii Costumes was bond to be added with the New Series Contents regardless
  • Finally we get 2 of the Ubisoft Mii Costumes that set the Rayman Series on Notice of inclusion in the Near Future, Altaïr from Assassins Creed and Rabbids as both were a Full Representation of their Series as:
    • Altaïr Mii Swordfighter is the Exact Moveset and Designed Fighter that incapsulates the entire spirit of Assassin’s Creed Favorites like Altaïr, Ezio, Connor and All of the Series with the signature White Coat and Fighting Style in a Mii Swordfighter
    • Rabbids Hat was faithfully adapted as the Rabbids didn’t have a Conceptual Moveset to work with, and also makes the most uniquely random ideas you can mix up with other Body Costumes
So with All that being said there’s 1 Constant that has been focally clear about Each Character inclusion which is that if “This Character” is Bonkers different from the other 77 characters that are in the Roster than that warrants “This Character” as a First Ballot Pick over the Others that Makes the Character Fun. So because Rayman is far different from the other Fighters that has a Gimmick, that shrinks the other Potential Newcomer Picks because of how (as you put it) Comedic, Charming, Innovative and Culturally Defining Gameplay Rayman is with the Hardcore Fans and Casual Fans is how you make a Character and Pack a MUST BUY for Smash Bros Ultimate Players
Wait, VergeWho? said what!? about lloyd?

But in all seriousness, when did he claim that?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says this:
Can't convince everyone, and no matter what happens there will always be naysayers. Even when credible leakers came out and said banjo was coming the day before, lots of people denied it meant anything. All we can do is be grateful for how much Rayman's demand has grown over time and keep on going!

But for my whole 2 cents on the whole mii thing, is that while it would make sense to save em for Ray, Ray could also come with miis like Globox, barabra, and other unused ubisoft reps like splinter cell, rainbow six, and prince of persia!

We don't exactly know how many miis from different franchises are in the pipeline, and maybe they're gonna have more than just ubisoft miis to show when (if) Rayman is shown off, so they showed off some early so that Ubisoft doesn't take up the whole direct with content

Justin Little

Smash Ace
It would be cruel if they showed off those Mii costumes to give us Rayman fans hope only to either give us a Rayman costume later, or not give us one at all.

We are dealing with Nintendo and Ubisoft though. One doesn't make any sense, and the other beats our franchise like scenes in Clockwork Orange.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Even as someone who has a feeling that mii costumes could potentially soft-deconfirm a company for a given pass, I am not certain these mii costumes can be considered damning to Rayman's chances, because they're part of Pass 1 and not Pass 2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Always keep in mind that for third-parties, it's first come, first serve.

A company doesn't get anyone playable by the time the last call of DLC comes? Too bad, try again later. It applied last time, and it can also apply this time.

At the very least, they can settle for spirits, Mii costumes and whatnot as consolation and still get fans to notice their games, which is better than what some companies currently have (see Level-5).

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
It would be cruel if they showed off those Mii costumes to give us Rayman fans hope only to either give us a Rayman costume later, or not give us one at all.

We are dealing with Nintendo and Ubisoft though. One doesn't make any sense, and the other beats our franchise like scenes in Clockwork Orange.
Yeah it would be cruel to string us along for this long with the hope that Rayman'll be in only to just... not put him in, or put him in as a Mii Costume.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
So is it just me or are these comments pretty dumb?
1606234399287.png

1606234409326.png
1606234415537.png

Specifically the comments about their relationships being one-sided which is just not true. I also have a problem with them acting like Ubisoft was owed those Mii Fighter costumes and they aren't getting anything else. Like c'mon a fighter can still happen. Also like, please don't go harass these guys for any reason. That's why I blurred out their names and stuff.

Edit: Here's another one:
1606235266975.png

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
One one hand, with all due respect, Mariofan, I don't think you should post screenshots even if they're blurred. We've already know what other people say in regards to Rayman, I may not agree with them at all, but calling their statements dumb and, even though they are blurred, it's not that difficult to figure out where those screenshots are coming from. Those people do observe this thread every once in a while too, we get put in the front page every time we post. Last thing I want beyond those disagreements is that they take it personally and we become some thread everyone looks down on, if that makes sense?

I know that wasn't your intention, cause you pointed out that we shouldn't harass them buuut that's really not exactly what I'm saying anyway. It's fine to discuss what other people say, and counterargue, I just want it to remain respectful, so we just gotta be less specific and not who-said-what about it. So I'll give my two cents.

What even constitutes a one-sided business relationship? I don't get it. Does Nintendo not make any profit out of Mario + Rabbids or something I'm not aware of? How is Koei Tecmo not considered one-sided when Nintendo hasn't done them any favors either, it's been the exact same scenario, "Hey make us a game, split the profits" "yea ok" and yet no character in Smash at the moment, so why does it even matter? I'm genuinely curious as to what that statement means.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
One one hand, with all due respect, Mariofan, I don't think you should post screenshots even if they're blurred. We've already know what other people say in regards to Rayman, I may not agree with them at all, but calling their statements dumb and, even though they are blurred, it's not that difficult to figure out where those screenshots are coming from. Those people do observe this thread every once in a while too, we get put in the front page every time we post. Last thing I want beyond those disagreements is that they take it personally and we become some thread everyone looks down on, if that makes sense?

I know that wasn't your intention, cause you pointed out that we shouldn't harass them buuut that's really not exactly what I'm saying anyway. It's fine to discuss what other people say, and counterargue, I just want it to remain respectful, so we just gotta be less specific and not who-said-what about it. So I'll give my two cents.

What even constitutes a one-sided business relationship? I don't get it. Does Nintendo not make any profit out of Mario + Rabbids or something I'm not aware of? How is Koei Tecmo not considered one-sided when Nintendo hasn't done them any favors either, it's been the exact same scenario, "Hey make us a game, split the profits" "yea ok" and yet no character in Smash at the moment, so why does it even matter? I'm genuinely curious as to what that statement means.
You're absolutely right. I'm sorry. But I totally agree with your points as well. I just have a lot of passion for this character and I always hated seeing people bring up the worst kind of arguments against him but I also don't want to harm anybody else. I legit had someone tell me that Rayman's popularity in terms of Smash has died down and that they'd most likely go for someone like Lara Croft, Dovahkiin (Skyrim), Master Chief, or Crash before a "lesser known third party series like Rayman". It's clearly false because Rayman is still a heavily supported request, over here and on Twitter, probably more than any of those other characters except for Crash.

Top Bottom