• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's also possible for Master Chief to get in. We just won't know who gets in and who doesn't until they reveal the fighters. I'd still put my money on Rayman being one of the four though.
I'll reserve my judgement on MC until King Zell's Master Chief Collection port tease eventually comes into fruition, so we'll see.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I updated my predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass 2:

Ryu Hayabusa: Koei Tecmo has a good relationship with Nintendo and is even making Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity for them. They could definitley get a rep on the roster.

Phoenix Wright: Iconic character, Pretty much synonymous with Nintendo for almost 2 decades of releasing on their handheld platforms in Japan since 2001.

Crash Bandicoot and Rayman: Popular and Iconic Platforming characters from the 90s and the parent companies that owns both these characters both have a great relationship with Nintendo. Ubisoft definitely has the edge in the relationship department, so I find him more likely. But one can't deny Crash's legacy either. I hope they both make it into Ultimate!

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I'm late, but I'm definitely in the boat of Rayman needing it more since crash is healthier than ever and I feel with his star status, he'll have a bazillion good chances to be in smash, while I'm not sure how much longer rayman will have chances depending on how things go if that makes sense.

However, while some may prefer one over the other, I see no reason to have a war or feud between the fanbases. Hell if crash gets in, on the bright side rayman would without a doubt become the most requested 3rd party platformer for Smash, giving a large boost to his demand! Right now I'm leaning towards rayman being more likely but we'll see!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I know chances of another fighters pass after this one don't look to great, but there were 4 extra character slots in the datamine. This fighters pass is also pretty darn successful too. Maybe Nintendo sees potential in turning Ultimate as a service game. It would make sense for them to set plans in motion just in case it did go that route. If so, I can see both Rayman and Crash making it in.

As for what I think will be the next fighters:

Ryu Hayabusa
Rayman
Geno
Doom Guy

And if they fill in those four extra slots:

Crash
Master Chief
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee

This is just mix of my most wanted and who I think is likely. I don't have much attachment to characters like Geno or Bandana Dee, but the fans have been asking for them for years so it would be nice to see them happy.

None of these are in any particular order, btw.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I know chances of another fighters pass after this one don't look to great, but there were 4 extra character slots in the datamine. This fighters pass is also pretty darn successful too. Maybe Nintendo sees potential in turning Ultimate as a service game. It would make sense for them to set plans in motion just in case it did go that route. If so, I can see both Rayman and Crash making it in.

As for what I think will be the next fighters:

Ryu Hayabusa
Rayman
Geno
Doom Guy

And if they fill in those four extra slots:

Crash
Master Chief
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee

This is just mix of my most wanted and who I think is likely. I don't have much attachment to characters like Geno or Bandana Dee, but the fans have been asking for them for years so it would be nice to see them happy.

None of these are in any particular order, btw.
Considering FP2 is selling so well according to Nintendo they might order a third fighters pass.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I could possibly see their being a third fighters pass, but even with all the money the 2nd one is bringing in it's not quite guaranteed. Definitely hoping though, since we need all the chances we can get!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'd like to apologize to the thread for getting too heated up the other day. I still carry my thoughts, but this thread has always been a positive one and I feel like I may have ruined that for a bit. Moving on...

FP3 would be lovely if it meant getting both Rayman and Crash.
Rayman should be part of pass 2, and Crash would fit in better as the "big deal" character of pass 3

My own take on the remainder of FP2:
-Geno
-Hayabusa (I have this headcanon where Hayabusa and Rayman are drinking buddies cause they keep doing Nintendo all sorts of favors but aren't in yet.)
-Rayman
-Dante/Nightmare/A Dark Souls character

Hypothetical FP3:
-Rex
-Crash
-Arle
-Master Chief

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I'd like to apologize to the thread for getting too heated up the other day. I still carry my thoughts, but this thread has always been a positive one and I feel like I may have ruined that for a bit. Moving on...

FP3 would be lovely if it meant getting both Rayman and Crash.
Rayman should be part of pass 2, and Crash would fit in better as the "big deal" character of pass 3

My own take on the remainder of FP2:
-Geno
-Hayabusa (I have this headcanon where Hayabusa and Rayman are drinking buddies cause they keep doing Nintendo all sorts of favors but aren't in yet.)
-Rayman
-Dante/Nightmare/A Dark Souls character

Hypothetical FP3:
-Rex
-Crash
-Arle
-Master Chief
I think Hayabusa is a pretty safe bet along with a Capcom rep! And i'm feeling good about Ray's chances of FP2 if we're getting a platformer rep.

Geno I'm 50/50 on. On one hand he's a big demand and his mii hasn't come back yet, but people said that about heihachi and Travis's miis too. Also plenty of gaming insiders were so certain he was next (or made it seem they were certain) yet we got Steve next. I don't think he's unlikely, just not sure on him atm.

Also I get your idea with crash being a big deal rep for pass 3. Pass 2 could still get one but of it's like last time, the 2 big deal characters are a western and eastern rep, maybe someone like Sora could be the other big deal rep on pass 2?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I think Hayabusa is a pretty safe bet along with a Capcom rep! And i'm feeling good about Ray's chances of FP2 if we're getting a platformer rep.

Geno I'm 50/50 on. On one hand he's a big demand and his mii hasn't come back yet, but people said that about heihachi and Travis's miis too. Also plenty of gaming insiders were so certain he was next (or made it seem they were certain) yet we got Steve next. I don't think he's unlikely, just not sure on him atm.

Also I get your idea with crash being a big deal rep for pass 3. Pass 2 could still get one but of it's like last time, the 2 big deal characters are a western and eastern rep, maybe someone like Sora could be the other big deal rep on pass 2?
I'd be pretty cool with Sora tbh, I played through KH2 a couple of years back and liked it, but you know, everything I hear in the speculation scene about him isn't making me lean towards him. Can't recall where I read it from but supposedly Nintendo tried to negotiate him with Disney but it was more trouble than it was worth? Might just be a baseless rumor, so take it with a pinch of salt. Nintendo and Disney have collabed in the past, Bowser appearing in Wreck it Ralph and all that, so talks are definitely not impossible there.

I'd say 2B is a cool idea if Geno isn't going to happen. And I'll point out Arle in the hypothetical FP3 cause Puyo Puyo actually has more brand recognition than Sonic in Japan.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I'd be pretty cool with Sora tbh, I played through KH2 a couple of years back and liked it, but you know, everything I hear in the speculation scene about him isn't making me lean towards him. Can't recall where I read it from but supposedly Nintendo tried to negotiate him with Disney but it was more trouble than it was worth? Might just be a baseless rumor, so take it with a pinch of salt. Nintendo and Disney have collabed in the past, Bowser appearing in Wreck it Ralph and all that, so talks are definitely not impossible there.

I'd say 2B is a cool idea if Geno isn't going to happen. And I'll point out Arle in the hypothetical FP3 cause Puyo Puyo actually has more brand recognition than Sonic in Japan.
If Geno doesn't end up happening Lara Croft could be a great pick as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I'm open to any possibility. Geno, Lara, Sora, Crash, Hayabusa, Rayman et al could have a chance. But they also could not have a chance.

They are simultaneously confirmed and deconfirmed until DLC support officially and unambiguously ends.

As for 2B she only had a cameo on the Japan-only Switch version of a Sega game so far, and Nier Replicant's Switch version listing is looking dubious, so I'm not holding my breath there.
I definitely think Rayman and Hayabusa are more likely than the other characters but they all have a chance to get in!

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Honestly, putting aside my bias for Rayman for a second. I'm going to be SUPRISED AS **** if Ubisoft doesn't get ANY rep at all! Like, the relationship between and Nintendo is WAY too great for them to just not get a rep at all. I'd be hella surprised if one of the four final fighters aren't a Ubisoft rep.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, putting aside my bias for Rayman for a second. I'm going to be SUPRISED AS **** if Ubisoft doesn't get ANY rep at all! Like, the relationshio between and Nintendo is WAY too great for them to just not get a rep at all. I'd be hella surprised if one of the four final fighters aren't a Ubisoft rep.
Just like Namco, Capcom, Microsoft and SEGA, in Nintendo’s business senses, an Ubisoft Playable DLC Character Pack is Essential to Nintendo’s 3rd-Party partnerships, aswell as Koei-Tecmo.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yeah, Globox would be a great addition too if they wanted to in the future, he's got plenty to work with: Plum juice barrels, rain dancing, inflating like a balloon, Globox Moment.

Though honestly at that point after Rayman gets added I'd prioritize expanding the crossover rather than adding Globox, imo.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I just realized, if Crash Bandicoot gets in, Rayman will then become the most requested 3rd Party Platforming character for Smash, with most of the people who were previously rooting for Crash come help us out and increase our efforts. (Most of the people I've seen who want Crash want Rayman as well.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, Globox would be a great addition too if they wanted to in the future, he's got plenty to work with: Plum juice barrels, rain dancing, inflating like a balloon, Globox Moment.

Though honestly at that point after Rayman gets added I'd prioritize expanding the crossover rather than adding Globox, imo.
Yeah I mean, as far as third-party series go, for Rayman I'd just be content with just the guy, when some of the series that are in need that more.

I just realized, if Crash Bandicoot gets in, Rayman will then become the most requested 3rd Party Platforming character for Smash, with most of the people who were previously rooting for Crash come help us out and increase our efforts. (Most of the people I've seen who want Crash want Rayman as well.)
See, that's the positive aspect of a requested character getting in, effort gets diverted elsewhere afterwrads.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
This was originally posted in May 2019, back when the only DLC fighter we knew about was Joker (not counting Piranha Plant). We now know of course that every character from Fighter Pass 1 is on here and even Steve from Fighter Pass 2 is on this list as well, which means it could definitely have credibility to it. If it is real, it'd definitely be proof that Rayman is on Nintendo's radar.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I'm calling fake. There's no Dixie Kong, and considering the outcry about no DK characters in For, I don't believe for a second they wouldn't consider her even if K. Rool took up a good chunk of the votes.

Edit: There's no Geno on it either.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Tbh, even it is fake. I have no doubt in my mind that Rayman was definitely on the list of characters considered. There's no way that they didn't at least consider him. Now we just have to pray and hope that he made the cut. 🙏

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Honestly, I'm a little scared that Rayman might not get in the game and just remain a spirit. Crash Bandicoot is my biggest fear at the moment. Considering that Ubisoft isn't really doing anything with the character that we know of at this time, and the fact that Rayman's been in Smash for 5 years at this point shows that he has more connections to the series than Crash does. Don't get me wrong, Crash definitely deserves to be in as well, but my biggest worry is about Rayman getting shafted for what feels like the 15th time in a row now (and to a lesser extent, Ubisoft who has done so much things for Nintendo that it really feels like they deserve a rep) and choosing more popular characters or characters that will bring them more money (like a Fortnite rep)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
The biggest crime would be if Rayman didn't get anything but a spirit, but Rabbids get multiple spirits and a Mii costume. That discrepancy is what makes me think we'll get more Rayman content, hopefully as playable.
And in my opinion it's this right here that's the biggest hint that Rayman, at the very least, is getting some form of content down the line. Rayman had the privilege of being the only Ubisoft IP represented in Smash 4, and then he comes back as a Spirit, but Globox and Barbara don't? When adding PNGs is piss easy and Rabbids got like 4 spirits I think? And then to top it off, Ubisoft gets two costumes but neither of them is the fan-requested character? It doesn't add up

Edit: additionally, I would consider his lack of Spirits a point in his favor. That means that you can build a completely new Spirit Board without reusing characters like Min Min did.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Say, after Rayman gets in would you guys favor Ezio or Rabbids (or another Ubisoft character) as the next in line for Ubisoft? I'd push for Ezio, I think.
Ngl I'd probably want rabbids next. They're annoying af but the Mario rabbids at least have some personality and could have a cool moveset.

Assassin's Creed, while a huge franchise, is alot like call of duty where it doesn't have something terribly interesting to offer for smash. The Assassin's look cool, but that's about it.
Honestly, I'm a little scared that Rayman might not get in the game and just remain a spirit. Crash Bandicoot is my biggest fear at the moment. Considering that Ubisoft isn't really doing anything with the character that we know of at this time, and the fact that Rayman's been in Smash for 5 years at this point shows that he has more connections to the series than Crash does. Don't get me wrong, Crash definitely deserves to be in as well, but my biggest worry is about Rayman getting shafted for what feels like the 15th time in a row now (and to a lesser extent, Ubisoft who has done so much things for Nintendo that it really feels like they deserve a rep) and choosing more popular characters or characters that will bring them more money (like a Fortnite rep)
Hey now, let's not turn this into a crash vs ray thing again. Remember, both fanbases love both characters, and even if crash gets in, it'll undoubtedly make rayman the most requested 3rd party platformer rep!
And in my opinion it's this right here that's the biggest hint that Rayman, at the very least, is getting some form of content down the line. Rayman had the privilege of being the only Ubisoft IP represented in Smash 4, and then he comes back as a Spirit, but Globox and Barbara don't? When adding PNGs is piss easy and Rabbids got like 4 spirits I think? And then to top it off, Ubisoft gets two costumes but neither of them is the fan-requested character? It doesn't add up

Edit: additionally, I would consider his lack of Spirits a point in his favor. That means that you can build a completely new Spirit Board without reusing characters like Min Min did.
Even if ray doesn't make it, nintendo still prioritized giving him representation for the base roster over vanilla rabbids and Assassin's Creed, another sign showing that whenever it's time for a Ubi rep, it would undoubtedly be him!

But I do agree the fact that he didn't show up as a mii with rabbids and Altair is very telling, I'd say it rules out him being a mii and hopefully means he could be coming as a fighter!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think Rayman will at least get a Mii Costume. He would be a great fighter but even a Mii Brawler costume could work as long as they give him the Bomberman/Sans treatment and not the Tails treatment.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
And you know what else, Rayman is one of those characters that's little discussed or detracted for irrelevant reasons, but I bet you that if he got in a lot of those same people would switch their stance to "yeah he was obviously coming, Ubisoft and Nintendo have a good relationship" and whatever

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
And you know what else, Rayman is one of those characters that's little discussed or detracted for irrelevant reasons, but I bet you that if he got in a lot of those same people would switch their stance to "yeah he was obviously coming, Ubisoft and Nintendo have a good relationship" and whatever
Without a doubt

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with steve. Loads of people saying it wouldn't happen or that it would be a Mii at best but then they acted like they saw it coming the moment he dropped.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I tend to not frequent these forums much anymore. Partly because no one has any clue who the Smash characters will be. The only leaks that were partial right were the ones about Banjo/Erdrick and the Terry one. Both leaks didn't come out until a couple of days before the reveal. People on these forums don't know. The people in the General Speculation thread are also aholes to say it nicely (at least some of them. There have been people in that forum that are mellow and fun to talk to).

Top Bottom