• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I want Rayman to be playable too! Crash and Rayman are perfect western reps along with Steve (Minecraft).
Yeah, but I just don't see two more western representatives after Minecraft Steve. This is a first-party Nintendo franchise, after all. You've got to consider what Japan wants, too.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yeah, but I just don't see two more western representatives after Minecraft Steve. This is a first-party Nintendo franchise, after all. You've got to consider what Japan wants, too.
It's sad for me to think that realistically it will only be one or the other unless FP3 becomes a thing, considering both Crash and Rayman are my most wanteds (Rayman a little bit more)

I also really don't want this to be war between the two fanbases but it's inevitable, especially of Rayman gets in over Crash I can see the Crashbase be very vocal.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For what it's worth, a fair bit of fan rules have been getting wrecked as of late, so they might surprise us with more Westerners than expected (especially since FP1 was stuffed with Japanese stuff as is). The benefit of the doubt is something that I cherish, and that a lot of fans have abandoned.

Also, Rayman barely even gets noticed by the other fanbases as it is.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I was gonna say, while some people here and there will tell me there's no way Rayman could get in over crash, I think it's a small part of the crash fandom that sees it as a war, and from what I can tell most of them love Ray as well.

Also I always forget about that Ancel interview of someone asking if Rayman could beat Mario, glad someone brought it up again!
It's even more interesting now knowing that negotiations for Steve had gone on since 2015, makes me wonder if they've been negotiating Rayman for a while, or maybe it was just a generic answer Ancel was giving? Guess we'll just wait and see.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I was gonna say, while some people here and there will tell me there's no way Rayman could get in over crash, I think it's a small part of the crash fandom that sees it as a war, and from what I can tell most of them love Ray as well.

Also I always forget about that Ancel interview of someone asking if Rayman could beat Mario, glad someone brought it up again!
It's even more interesting now knowing that negotiations for Steve had gone on since 2015, makes me wonder if they've been negotiating Rayman for a while, or maybe it was just a generic answer Ancel was giving? Guess we'll just wait and see.
As someone who wants both Rayman and Crash (but Rayman the most) I think Ray's just more likely because of relationships between Nintendo and Ubisoft that Activision doesn't have on the same level.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
As someone who wants both Rayman and Crash (but Rayman the most) I think Ray's just more likely because of relationships between Nintendo and Ubisoft that Activision doesn't have on the same level.
Also, I would prefer Crash over Rayman despite wanting them both along with Bomberman and Sora (Kingdom Hearts) due to Crash being more iconic than Rayman.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Also, I would prefer Crash over Rayman despite wanting them both along with Bomberman and Sora (Kingdom Hearts) due to Crash being more iconic than Rayman.
It's true that Crash may be more iconic, but I really do feel like Rayman deserves it more. The guy has had his foot in the Smash door for like five years and absolutely nothing substantial has come out of it yet.

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I've already said this countless times now, but don't forget that Grant Kirkhope himself said that he was contacted BY Ubisoft, to work on Banjo's musics for Smash. Ubisoft played the middleman between Nintendo and Kirkhope. Surely because he made the Mario + Rabbids OST.
But still, that means Ubisoft has already been a key party for a character's inclusion, wich isn't even their own!
And people overlooking that for Rayman's chances just baffles me!

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
The Big Difference of Activision and Ubisoft when it comes to Track Record Collaboration’s is that Ubisoft has been the Golden Goose for Nintendo based on 20-Year’s of Support rather you’re talking about Crossover Titles like Mario + Rabbids and Star Link: Battle for Atlas/Star Fox, Ubisoft’s help in boosting Wii U’s Support, Ubisoft’s Just Dance being the Only Games to continue the Wii’s cycle to this Day, or that Nintendo solely see’s Ubisoft as a viable partner for Content that actually Sells. VS Activision that has a shaky History of Collaborations that makes it equivalent to a unfinished bridge that can easily collapse, along with the fact that they’re staggering lineup of Past Nintendo business has always been Multi-Console Platforms which is a very bad indicator that Activision has NO interests in Console Exclusive Content when they prefer to Sell more on Every Device, NOT to Nintendo Switch Only

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I want both Rayman and Crash, but Rayman's situation is a bit more dire than it is for Crash which is why I'm pulling for the limbless lad out of the two.

Crash has been pretty successful as of late, whereas Rayman's own company has been tossing him to the side in favor for some obnoxious leporids. It would send a favorable message to the fanbase if Rayman got in Smash as it seems this might be the only chance Rayman has for removing the nails that Ubisoft has been hammering into his coffin.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I've already said this countless times now, but don't forget that Grant Kirkhope himself said that he was contacted BY Ubisoft, to work on Banjo's musics for Smash. Ubisoft played the middleman between Nintendo and Kirkhope. Surely because he made the Mario + Rabbids OST.
But still, that means Ubisoft has already been a key party for a character's inclusion, wich isn't even their own!
And people overlooking that for Rayman's chances just baffles me!
Wait, Nintendo went through Ubisoft to get in touch with Kirkhope for the purpose of composing the Banjo Kazooie remix for Smash!?
This... This I did NOT know! This is HUGE

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I know thousands of people have probably said this a thousand times already, and allow me to be the next because it's really just a no brainer.

If (most likely when) Rayman gets in Smash his alts just need to be based on the 5 Laser-Washing Powder powerups from Rayman 3, along with a Raymesis alt as well. Maybe even one based off Globox or the Teensies.

Last edited:

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I updated my facts list with a new piece of information I discovered recently:
Here's your proof!!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...e_banjo-kazooie_music_for_smash_bros_ultimate

David Soliani, known creative director at Ubisoft, was the one who said to Kirkhope that Nintendo wanted his contact infos,
and asked if he could send them. Once again, this is OLD NEWS and my hopes lie entirely (hyperbole) on this!
I don't know why people don't talk more about it!

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
It's sad for me to think that realistically it will only be one or the other unless FP3 becomes a thing, considering both Crash and Rayman are my most wanteds (Rayman a little bit more)

I also really don't want this to be war between the two fanbases but it's inevitable, especially of Rayman gets in over Crash I can see the Crashbase be very vocal.
Yeah, in an ideal scenario, they would both make it in. Who knows, maybe they both are in and they've yet to be revealed. I'm only prioritising Crash over Rayman because of the Smash Ballot data highly favouring Crash over Rayman. With that being said, what Rayman does have that Crash doesn't is leverage with Nintendo as Ubisoft developed Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, for as popular as Crash is, Activision's relationship isn't as strong as Ubisoft's.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I want both Rayman and Crash, but Rayman's situation is a bit more dire than it is for Crash which is why I'm pulling for the limbless lad out of the two.

Crash has been pretty successful as of late, whereas Rayman's own company has been tossing him to the side in favor for some obnoxious leporids. It would send a favorable message to the fanbase if Rayman got in Smash as it seems this might be the only chance Rayman has for removing the nails that Ubisoft has been hammering into his coffin.
I'm a little late, but...

Don't get me wrong, Crash is my guy, & I'd be nothing but hyped to see him get in.
But, I'd be overjoyed if Rayman got in, partially cause' he needs it soooo much more right now.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Yeah, in an ideal scenario, they would both make it in. Who knows, maybe they both are in and they've yet to be revealed. I'm only prioritising Crash over Rayman because of the Smash Ballot data highly favouring Crash over Rayman. With that being said, what Rayman does have that Crash doesn't is leverage with Nintendo as Ubisoft developed Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, for as popular as Crash is, Activision's relationship isn't as strong as Ubisoft's.
I dunno, if you remember that Smash 4 leak that had Rayman in it came around the time of the Smash Ballot while it was still going on, and we know that that leak caused a heightened interest in Rayman being in Smash (I think it even made him trend on Twitter that day) so I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Rayman took over Crash in votes just because of that.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Let’s keep in mind that Activision is notorious for being Extremely stingy with their asking price for Content, especially when Square Enix was charging Nintendo for a Giant asking price with Dragon Quest IP in the First Volume of DLC. Ubisoft is more open with Nintendo about a fair amount when they have done Great business with each other for All the Nintendo Systems Content including Crossover collaborations with Mario + Rabbids and Star Link

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Guys... Steve is in Smash, Activision would have to be straight up stupid to deny Crash access to Smash over a high asking price, and Bowser and DK were in a Skylanders game one time (+ Ganondorf in Diablo if you count Blizzard as Activision)

As a huge Rayman supporter we shouldn't gatekeep Crash for trivial reasons.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Guys... Steve is in Smash, Activision would have to be straight up stupid to deny Crash access to Smash over a high asking price, and Bowser and DK were in a Skylanders game one time (+ Ganondorf in Diablo if you count Blizzard as Activision)

This is actually a very good point.

I would just like to point out that I never was gatekeeping Crash I just said that I wouldn't be surprised if the influx of Rayman popularity from the Smash 4 leak brought him into the spotlight more.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
This is actually a very good point.

I would just like to point out that I never was gatekeeping Crash I just said that I wouldn't be surprised if the influx of Rayman popularity from the Smash 4 leak brought him into the spotlight more.
Nah I do agree with the point that Rayman probably got better Smash Ballot results thanks to Artsy, mostly. The ballot was in 2015 and Crash only started getting high demand after N. Sane Trilogy, and has been on a consistent upwards slope since. Crash is far more popular now, of course, but I really don't think he bested Rayman in the ballot... not like the ballot matters that much anymore, anyway.

What I don't like is trying to poke holes at other characters to make ours look bigger. We already have a laundry list of great clues in Rayman's potential favor so we don't really have to undermine Crash. It's why WE despise being told **** like Brawlhalla and Ubisoft Mii Costumes deconfirm Rayman, and stuff.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Hand this man a 1-up trophy, this hits the nail on the head.

The only thing that would gatekeep either of them is Ultimate's DLC shop having already closed up before fighter negotiations could be reached, and that's a conclusion that can easily be assumed for over 20, 30 or more potential characters.

Nah I do agree with the point that Rayman probably got better Smash Ballot results thanks to Artsy, mostly. The ballot was in 2015 and Crash only started getting high demand after N. Sane Trilogy, and has been on a consistent upwards slope since. Crash is far more popular now, of course, but I really don't think he bested Rayman in the ballot... not like the ballot matters that much anymore, anyway.

What I don't like is trying to poke holes at other characters to make ours look bigger. We already have a laundry list of great clues in Rayman's potential favor so we don't really have to undermine Crash. It's why WE despise being told **** like Brawlhalla and Ubisoft Mii Costumes deconfirm Rayman, and stuff.
And furthermore, making/perpetrating feuds for the sake of it never ends well, and just gets tiring to observers and outsiders. Seriously, it's a miracle that the :ultbanjokazooie: and :ultsteve: one blew over after a while.

We're supposed to be figuring out what Ubisoft is doing (or lack thereof), and not waste time comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
There isn’t any gatekeeping on what I’m saying, it’s a matter of history between who’s the more likely and reasonable of the 2 when it comes to Content Collaborations. Having both Crash and Rayman in Volume 2 DLC would be the (no pun intended) Ultimate Dream Achievement for myself as a Smash Bros fan, but in an ideal world with precedence when we’re talking about who has the Most Reasoning for DLC Pack content that belongs to Ubisoft and Rayman.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
There isn’t any gatekeeping on what I’m saying, it’s a matter of who’s the more likely and reasonable of the 2 when it comes to Content Collaborations. Having both Crash and Rayman in Volume 2 DLC would be the (no pun intended) Ultimate Dream Achievement for myself as a Smash Bros fan, but in an ideal world with precedence when we’re talking about who has the Most Reasoning for DLC Pack content that belongs to Ubisoft and Rayman.
Let’s keep in mind that Activision is notorious for being Extremely stingy with their asking price for Content
You literally would only say this to make Crash sound unlikely when this really isn't even true, which is why I said "for trivial reasons". I'm assuming this comes from Crash's absence from PSASBR, which was said it was because he was too expensive to put in or something iirc. Are we really going to compare the budgets of 2013's PSASBR, a clunky game that used Fat Princess to try to advertise it and where adding Crash was probably not worth all the money they ended up losing anyway, to current-day Smash Ultimate where Activision is pushing Crash back into the spotlight and Smash has already sold 20M+ and getting Crash's rights would be miles easier than getting Steve and Banjo, which I also pointed out.

And yes I do understand Ubisoft has the stronger connections of the two, they made a Mario game for crying out loud, but again, Activision have been allowed to handle Nintendo characters already so they aren't strangers to collaborations either, they just haven't done anything more recently, so why shouldn't that count? There's also Hayabusa (who I think is likely coming anyway) missing from the game even though Koei Tecmo has helped far more than Ubisoft in collaborations, and how much has SNK done for Nintendo before Terry got in? These business relationships are only a good indicator of how easy it would be for these companies to talk with each other if they wanted to add a character, it's indeed a point in favor, but overall won't confirm anything.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the last thing I'm trying to do is gatekeep or start a fandom war, or some stupid s*** like that, I was simply saying I have a personal preference.

If we only get Crash, it is what it is, & I'll still be pleased, to say nothing of the ideal scenario of getting both (ala :ultbanjokazooie: & :ultsteve:), which is still possible.

I just have priorities is all, nothing more.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
You literally would only say this to make Crash sound unlikely when this really isn't even true, which is why I said "for trivial reasons". I'm assuming this comes from Crash's absence from PSASBR, which was said it was because he was too expensive to put in or something iirc. Are we really going to compare the budgets of 2013's PSASBR, a clunky game that used Fat Princess to try to advertise it and where adding Crash was probably not worth all the money they ended up losing anyway, to current-day Smash Ultimate where Activision is pushing Crash back into the spotlight and Smash has already sold 20M+ and getting Crash's rights would be miles easier than getting Steve and Banjo, which I also pointed out.

And yes I do understand Ubisoft has the stronger connections of the two, they made a Mario game for crying out loud, but again, Activision have been allowed to handle Nintendo characters already so they aren't strangers to collaborations either, they just haven't done anything more recently, so why shouldn't that count? There's also Hayabusa (who I think is likely coming anyway) missing from the game even though Koei Tecmo has helped far more than Ubisoft in collaborations, and how much has SNK done for Nintendo before Terry got in? These business relationships are only a good indicator of how easy it would be for this companies to talk with each other if they wanted to add a character, it's indeed a point in favor, but overall won't confirm anything.
The Big Difference of Activision and Ubisoft when it comes to Track Record Collaboration’s is that Ubisoft has been the Golden Goose for Nintendo based on 20-Year’s of Support rather you’re talking about Crossover Titles like Mario + Rabbids and Star Link: Battle for Atlas/Star Fox, Ubisoft’s help in boosting Wii U’s Support, Ubisoft’s Just Dance being the Only Games to continue the Wii’s cycle to this Day, or that Nintendo solely see’s Ubisoft as a viable partner for Content that actually Sells. VS Activision that has a shaky History of Collaborations that makes it equivalent to a unfinished bridge that can easily collapse, along with the fact that they’re staggering lineup of Past Nintendo business has always been Multi-Console Platforms which is a very bad indicator that Activision has NO interests in Console Exclusive Content when they prefer to Sell more on Every Device, NOT to Nintendo Switch Only
Dude you are taking context out of my Posts, I am saying we’re in a unknown position to know rather their is Good Business interests and relationship between Nintendo and Activision regarding any collaborations, especially when there’s no history to suggest Activision has been support for Console Collaborations unlike Ubisoft who has been more hands on with Nintendo Systems like Wii, Wii U & Switch.

Hell to add more problems to this wounded history with Nintendo and Activision both companies have history of falling outs including this https://www.gamespot.com/articles/r...a-franchise-now-worth-2-billion/1100-6419051/

and Activision was not pursuing on bringing Crash Bandicoot N’Sane Trilogy to the Switch until an Engineer convinced them it can work https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...icoot_n_sane_trilogy_up_and_running_on_switch

But even than Sakurai had a plan setting up to put the Roster in placed with Nintendo reaching out to 3rd-Party’s like

• Konami with Metal Gear Solid (Solid Snake) & Castlevania (The Belmonts)
  • SEGA with Sonic The Hedgehog, Bayonetta & SMT’s Persona (Joker)
  • Capcom with Mega Man & Street Fighter (Ryu and Ken)
  • Namco with PAC-MAN
  • Square Enix with Final Fantasy (Cloud) & Dragon Quest (Hero)
  • Microsoft with Rare’s Banjo-Kazooie & Mojang’s Minecraft (Steve/Alex)
  • SNK with All of their Content Assets including a Playable Terry Bogard

along with the Fact that we’re now seeing how involved Companies like

• Ubisoft with assistance in the Base Game for Mario + Rabbids spirits and a Rayman nod than came First Volume with both David Soliani contacting Grant Kirkhope for composition job by Nintendo for Banjo-Kazooie DLC and Ubisoft Mii Costumes of Assassin’s Creed and Rabbids. Now with the 2nd Volume of DLC on the Way and the revelation of Characters being planned and in development for 5 or More Years makes it all Culmination of Nintendo and Ubisoft agreeing for Playable Rayman DLC Pack
  • Koei-Tecmo’s involvement came from Base Game with Fatal Frame involvement with Spirits and Assist Trophy, than came First Volume of DLC with their contributions to Fire Emblem Three Houses, so just like Ubisoft, Square Enix and Microsoft, Tecmo have planned out with DLC Content for a Ninja Gaiden/Ryu Hayabusa Playable DLC Pack down the Road.
  • Square Enix has been milking Nintendo dry for Content in Smash Bros these last 2 DLC Contents and it’s no doubt because of one Endgame for Sakurai as he has been looking to Grab the Super Mario RPG Rights from them for inclusion in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Which is becoming more of a reality than people care to acknowledge

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Dude you are taking context out of my Posts, I am saying we’re in a unknown position to know rather their is Good Business interests and relationship between Nintendo and Activision regarding any collaborations, especially when there’s no history to suggest Activision has been support for Console Collaborations unlike Ubisoft who has been more hands on with Nintendo Systems like Wii, Wii U & Switch.

Hell to add more problems to this wounded history with Nintendo and Activision both companies have history of falling outs including this https://www.gamespot.com/articles/r...a-franchise-now-worth-2-billion/1100-6419051/

and Activision was not pursuing on bringing Crash Bandicoot N’Sane Trilogy to the Switch until an Engineer convinced them it can work https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...icoot_n_sane_trilogy_up_and_running_on_switch

But even than Sakurai had a plan setting up to put the Roster in placed with Nintendo reaching out to 3rd-Party’s like

• Konami with Metal Gear Solid (Solid Snake) & Castlevania (The Belmonts)
  • SEGA with Sonic The Hedgehog, Bayonetta & SMT’s Persona (Joker)
  • Capcom with Mega Man & Street Fighter (Ryu and Ken)
  • Namco with PAC-MAN
  • Square Enix with Final Fantasy (Cloud) & Dragon Quest (Hero)
  • Microsoft with Rare’s Banjo-Kazooie & Mojang’s Minecraft (Steve/Alex)
  • SNK with All of their Content Assets including a Playable Terry Bogard
Thanks for providing sources, but that first link just talks about an offer that didn't pan out, it wasn't really like they got into a fight or anything like that. Besides, Skylanders Superchargers featuring Bowser and DK was the year after this article was posted.

And I don't see how that second link means anything? They couldn't get the engine running on Switch so they didn't make that the focus until later, then they got it, and Crash is on Switch now.

Are either of these worse than that one time Ubisoft decided to hold the Wii U version of Rayman Legends hostage cause the Wii U was selling poorly and we had to wait like 6 months for the other versions to be made? Ubisoft kind of redeemed themselves with Nintendo after that fact but that's a big scar right there, still. How do Activision and Nintendo have a wounded history when there's THAT to account for.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for providing sources, but that first link just talks about an offer that didn't pan out, it wasn't really like they got into a fight or anything like that. Besides, Skylanders Superchargers featuring Bowser and DK was the year after this article was posted.

And I don't see how that second link means anything? They couldn't get the engine running on Switch so they didn't make that the focus until later, then they got it, and Crash is on Switch now.

Are either of these worse than that one time Ubisoft decided to hold the Wii U version of Rayman Legends hostage cause the Wii U was selling poorly and we had to wait like 6 months for the other versions to be made? Ubisoft kind of redeemed themselves with Nintendo after that fact but that's a big scar right there, still. How do Activision and Nintendo have a wounded history when there's THAT to account for.
Because if they’re so Buddy Buddy why do we not see more of Support from Activision vs Ubisoft who has been on the Right side of History with Nintendo when it comes to both support and original content Nintendo and Ubisoft has done vs Activision who hasn’t done Jack about it. Hell even to this day Activision has always been about Multi-Console platform’s and Micro transactions with their Consumer base on PS4’s and Xbox’s, that’s considered by many companies bad relations to their Console consumer basis especially with Nintendo themselves that doesn’t reflect on their own consumer base

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Because if they’re so Buddy Buddy why do we not see more of Support from Activision vs Ubisoft who has been on the Right side of History with Nintendo when it comes to both support and original content Nintendo and Ubisoft has done vs Activision who hasn’t done Jack about it. Hell even to this day Activision has always been about Multi-Console platform’s and Micro transactions with their Consumer base on PS4’s and Xbox’s, that’s considered by many companies bad relations to their Console consumer basis especially with Nintendo themselves that doesn’t reflect on their own consumer base
Alright, now you're just being snarky for no reason. I literally just pointed out how Ubisoft did a **** move and backed out on their exclusivity plan with Rayman Legends but you're going to pretend that didn't happen when making that "Multi-console platform" remark about Activision? Is Activision a bunch of jerks (well I mean, they ARE in general, don't miss the point) just cause they haven't developed a Nintendo exclusive game? Which according to the article YOU posted they were even WILLING TO? Ubisoft releases games for all platforms too, AND they also do MTX, have you ever played Rainbow Six Siege? Division 2? Assassin's Creed Odyssey? Watch Dogs: Legion? Just came out? they all have them... Ubisoft is not innocent from these "bad relations to their console consumer basis".

Man, like you, there's nothing I want more from this game than Rayman in Smash, and if you've noticed me in this thread you know full well I actually see more likelihood in Rayman than Crash speaking from the "hints" we've been getting. But all I wanted was for us to not start a battle against the bandicoot which I stated at the beginning of this page and you're doing exactly the sort of stuff which starts those arguments, and I'm on your side.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Alright, now you're just being snarky for no reason. I literally just pointed out how Ubisoft did a **** move and backed out on their exclusivity plan with Rayman Legends but you're going to pretend that didn't happen when making that "Multi-console platform" remark about Activision? Is Activision a bunch of jerks (well I mean, they ARE in general, don't miss the point) just cause they haven't developed a Nintendo exclusive game? Which according to the article YOU posted they were even WILLING TO? Ubisoft releases games for all platforms too, AND they also do MTX, have you ever played Rainbow Six Siege? Division 2? Assassin's Creed Odyssey? Watch Dogs: Legion? Just came out? they all have them... Ubisoft is not innocent from these "bad relations to their console consumer basis".

Man, like you, there's nothing I want more from this game than Rayman in Smash, and if you've noticed me in this thread you know full well I actually see more likelihood in Rayman than Crash speaking from the "hints" we've been getting. But all I wanted was for us to not start a battle against the bandicoot which I stated at the beginning of this page and you're doing exactly the sort of stuff which starts those arguments, and I'm on your side.
I’m not causing any Battle, I’m being critical on this claim of Activision being likely for anything when they have shown 0 reason for caring about a different Game. Hell Ubisoft is a saint when it comes to Support to Nintendo and sure is it a bad move on their part of releasing Rayman Legends 6-months behind schedule, but it does not equate to the terrible business practices that Activision has done to its consumer base and foresaking good business faith with Nintendo in the process. My point is that there’s no good deed done for Nintendo by Activision vs Ubisoft who done Right Decisions in keeping Good terms with Nintendo

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In the end it all really just comes down to first come, first serve. For example...

Crash could get in.
Rayman could get in.
Doom Slayer could get in.
Lara Croft could get in.
Ryu Hayabusa could get in
Tracer could get in.
Some random Bamco character could get in. If they stop hesitating about it for some reason.

But they obviously all couldn't get in at the same time, when there's only 4 spots left as of this writing. All the companies those characters belong to are on good terms or at least neutral grounds with Nintendo as long as something of theirs showed up on their hardware at some point, but there's no guarantee that they'll all get something substantial at the same time. Smash 4 already proved this.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
In the end it all really just comes down to first come, first serve. For example...

Crash could get in.
Rayman could get in.
Doom Slayer could get in.
Lara Croft could get in.
Ryu Hayabusa could get in
Tracer could get in.
Some random Bamco character could get in. If they stop hesitating about it for some reason.

But they obviously all couldn't get in at the same time, when there's only 4 spots left as of this writing. All the companies those characters belong to are on good terms or at least neutral grounds with Nintendo as long as something of theirs showed up on their hardware at some point, but there's no guarantee that they'll all get something substantial at the same time. Smash 4 already proved this.
It's also possible for Master Chief to get in. We just won't know who gets in and who doesn't until they reveal the fighters. I'd still put my money on Rayman being one of the four though.

Top Bottom