• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Legit surprised no one has brought up “that” leak.

Like all leaks, I consider it fake until proven real, even if it does have a lot going for it.

That being said, if it’s real, HOLY ****!

It may not have our boy Ray, but that is one hell of a roster.

Also, double post lol

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Like all leaks, I consider it fake until proven real, even if it does have a lot going for it.

Also, double post lol
Probably 'cause Rayman ain't there.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
If that leak is true (I’m personally on the fence about it myself), I would be very pleased with that final roster. Plus, it would eliminate a lot of potential competition for DLC, so Rayman would definitely have a much bigger shot if this ends up becoming real.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah that's definitely a solid roster. Weird that he isn't even amongst the 'cut' characters but Monster Hunter is.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, I know right?! I am somewhat sad that this means Rayman isn't getting in again (at least in the base roster, there's always DLC), but getting Geno and MOTHER****ING BANJO (two out of my three my most wanted characters) is more than enough of a trade off for me.

I'm personally still slightly skeptical that this leak could be fake as the Rayman Omni leak has taught me that even the most detailed, convincing leaks can be faked, but the evidence that is compiling up on /v/ is becoming too significant to ignore as well. I'm thinking this one could be the real deal.

Last edited:

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I admit that the roster is great.. But I hope Rayman isn't shown as an assist on the next reveal. He's litterally the only ONE character I've been placing my hopes on. Please, let him have his chance. Don't destroy my heart!

volbound1700

Smash Master
This leak looks real. Hopefully Rayman can be DLC. Still I would be happy with that Final Roster. Better than what we have been hearing from these other leaks/theories. Trade Tails for Shadow and add Rayman and it would be almost perfect for me.

Hopefully we get Rayman, Dixie Kong, Tails, Crash, and Impa as DLC.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Ugh...I hate DLC honestly...I hate having to spend more money just to get a finished game...

....but fine Nintendo, I'll buy a Rayman DLC...just please don't assist trophy murder him

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Stage 5- Acceptance
I feel like anyone that truly expected Rayman was being a bit too naive. Idk I'm not trying to be insulting, but really outside of the damn chairs Rayman literally had almost nothing going for him. So for me, it's made a everything a bit easier to deal with, even though he's one of the few characters that I actually really want. I can't imagine what it must feel like being an Incineroar die-hard, where everyone basically accepted that the character was coming, then the poster leak pops up with the dude nowhere in sight, and now all of the sudden it looks like it may not happen at all. That has to suck. This? This is nothing

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ugh...I hate DLC honestly...I hate having to spend more money just to get a finished game...

....but fine Nintendo, I'll buy a Rayman DLC...just please don't assist trophy murder him
The game's already finished, though. DLC is characters, stages, etc. that they couldn't include during the regular development cycle, either due to time constraints, licensing issues, or the character/stage simply not existing when development started.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The game's already finished, though. DLC is characters, stages, etc. that they couldn't include during the regular development cycle, either due to time constraints, licensing issues, or the character/stage simply not existing when development started.
Tbh with how successful DLC was, I wouldn't doubt they've been planning it for awhile now

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I only had hope thanks to that trophy. I wish they didn't do collectable trophies since it gives people false hope. I guess if he's an AT he might have a chance in the next game, but I dunno. The sad thing is the leak had hardly any characters I wanted except one which I already knew they were getting in.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
No Rayman is saddening, but since I have K. Rool, Snake, and possibly more if this leak pans out, I am more than satisfied. I think Rayman would make a great DLC addition, so as along as he is in the game thats great with me.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
tbh if this leak is true (Oh god, please) we should be happy that most of his DLC competition is gone.

Now we only have to deal with Bandana Dee, Rex, Spring Man, and something is telling me Sora.

Also if Crash makes DLC BEFORE Rayman does I'm going to question Nintendo's priorities.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We already miraculously have more supporters than Banjo on SmashBoards, though that's only a reflection of this site and not the general consensus as a whole, with Banjo, Geno, and Isaac potentially in the game, Rayman becomes the most wanted third party on SmashBoards and second most wanted character in general (Dixie really surged after K. Rool got in so she's a few steps ahead). Supporters have been coming in at a modest rate as well.

We've been hoping that Ubisoft was pushing for Rayman, that "future collaborations" could include Smash, but we can't dawdle anymore once the game releases. With my other most wanted in the game, I'll be able to give my full support attention to Rayman, but the lot of us need to pitch in, let Ubisoft know we want Rayman in Smash, let Nintendo know, and if there's another ballot, vote. The Rayman fanbase was quiet, but we've gotta be loud. People got Ridley in against all odds, people brought K. Rool back from the brink of being forgotten by his own franchise, and if the leak is real, people brought back the protagonist of an entirely dead franchise, a one-off character from twenty years ago, and did the impossible by reuniting Banjo with Nintendo.

We can make a difference, we just have to let them know what we want. Don't give up, Rayman could be DLC for real this time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
We already miraculously have more supporters than Banjo on SmashBoards, though that's only a reflection of this site and not the general consensus as a whole, with Banjo, Geno, and Isaac potentially in the game, Rayman becomes the most wanted third party on SmashBoards and second most wanted character in general (Dixie really surged after K. Rool got in so she's a few steps ahead). Supporters have been coming in at a modest rate as well.

We've been hoping that Ubisoft was pushing for Rayman, that "future collaborations" could include Smash, but we can't dawdle anymore once the game releases. With my other most wanted in the game, I'll be able to give my full support attention to Rayman, but the lot of us need to pitch in, let Ubisoft know we want Rayman in Smash, let Nintendo know, and if there's another ballot, vote. The Rayman fanbase was quiet, but we've gotta be loud. People got Ridley in against all odds, people brought K. Rool back from the brink of being forgotten by his own franchise, and if the leak is real, people brought back the protagonist of an entirely dead franchise, a one-off character from twenty years ago, and did the impossible by reuniting Banjo with Nintendo.

We can make a difference, we just have to let them know what we want. Don't give up, Rayman could be DLC for real this time.
Trust me, I plan to support Rayman to the end.

As ZoroCarlos said, if this leak is real, it already eliminates most of Rayman’s “competition”, so to speak. Still, as you also said, we still need to be vocal, playing it safe didn’t really help the Wolf fans all that much in Smash 4’s DLC.

Smash Ultimate is a special game, and DLC is only going to make it even better. Rayman’s chances aren’t guaranteed, but they’ve never felt more promising.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I'm hearing some say it's true and some say it's false so at the moment, we can't really say it's right until the last moment even though the grinch is making me believe it's true somehow. The Rayman leak from last year was proof of that.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I feel like anyone that truly expected Rayman was being a bit too naive. Idk I'm not trying to be insulting, but really outside of the damn chairs Rayman literally had almost nothing going for him. So for me, it's made a everything a bit easier to deal with, even though he's one of the few characters that I actually really want. I can't imagine what it must feel like being an Incineroar die-hard, where everyone basically accepted that the character was coming, then the poster leak pops up with the dude nowhere in sight, and now all of the sudden it looks like it may not happen at all. That has to suck. This? This is nothing
He had a trophy in Smash 4!!! Honestly it is almost an insult to Ubisoft and Rayman fans that he isn't in Smash 5 after giving him only a meager trophy representation.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
He had a trophy in Smash 4!!! Honestly it is almost an insult to Ubisoft and Rayman fans that he isn't in Smash 5 after giving him only a meager trophy representation.
I don't see why that automatically qualifies him for Smash Ultimate.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Bruh. You don't know how happy I am to hear that! This is gonna sound crazy, but a part of me is seriously thinking we should form some sort of alliance with the Dixie support thread. Think of it: Two of 1995's blonde, helicopter-haired breakout stars, joining forces for the chance at the coveted invitation to the biggest clash of gaming legends.

....Or we could partner with the Crash thread, there are a few people here that want both. Just spitballin'...

Well said, ma guy, well said! :ness:
Once December 7th comes & goes, we need to make some noise. Ubisoft knows what we want, but we definitely can't be so sure with Nintendo or Sakurai. They're unaware of the demand for Rayman? So let's educate em'!

As a side note, I really hope the Grinch ain't bull******* us, Banjo is someone I've wanted to see & Issac fans deserve closure on their plight. Most importantly, it eliminates a sizable chunk of competition for our boi.

Last edited:

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
Hello there! I'm new in here. (And I'm not a English speaker. Sorry if I'll write something that you won't understed)
I would like to join the support list!
Rayman is one favorite heros of my childhood, and I want him to be a new fighter in the Ultimate. It would be awesome to see him fighting with Sonic, Mario and others beloved characters. And with all evidence around him and support of fans keep me hoping that our Rayboy has a chance to join the ULTIMATE BATTLE!

And I have some thoughts about the Grinch/Banner leak. While most of people think the leak is real, I had an unpopular opinion in my mind: the LEAK might be FAKE. There is people only who's trying to debunk the leak already, and from I belive is that the leak might be well made in Photoshop and with other stuff. For now I'm neutral about this information, because it looks real and at the same time it might be quality made by someone. The next level of Artsy Omni, I would say.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Even if it isn't real, I'm still a little insulted by that Smash 4 trophy. It's like giving you hope, then kicking you in the teeth next. (looking at you Pit trophy in Meele). And it's even more of a kick in the teeth because of the fact Ray's a 3rd party.

But whatever, even if it's real I at least got one hyped new character that isn't an echo

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hello there! I'm new in here. (And I'm not a English speaker. Sorry if I'll write something that you won't understed)
I would like to join the support list!
Rayman is one favorite heros of my childhood, and I want him to be a new fighter in the Ultimate. It would be awesome to see him fighting with Sonic, Mario and others beloved characters. And with all evidence around him and support of fans keep me hoping that our Rayboy has a chance to join the ULTIMATE BATTLE!

And I have some thoughts about the Grinch/Banner leak. While most of people think the leak is real, I had an unpopular opinion in my mind: the LEAK might be FAKE. There is people only who's trying to debunk the leak already, and from I belive is that the leak might be well made in Photoshop and with other stuff. For now I'm neutral about this information, because it looks real and at the same time it might be quality made by someone. The next level of Artsy Omni, I would say.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
091E9D84-E63A-4B68-AFDF-3945A28709ED.gif

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I'm taking this whole leak with a grain of salt. No new IPs besides Inkling and no Gen 7 or 8 pkmn but new pokeball mons?
I'm just going to be even more hype to see Rayman revealed.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
tbh if this leak is true (Oh god, please) we should be happy that most of his DLC competition is gone.

Now we only have to deal with Bandana Dee, Rex, Spring Man, and something is telling me Sora.

Also if Crash makes DLC BEFORE Rayman does I'm going to question Nintendo's priorities.

I think the same, but the ONLY hope is don't see rayman in the graveyard assist. Its the first time that i wish see rabbits in smash like assist trophy of curse.
I understand the priorities of nintendo, and rayman it's the latest, but if the characters leaked are real, I think rayman should be the next third after ryu hayabusa.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of the leak, has Microsoft or Sega comment on it? I remember thar leak from last time and how Ubisoft had to come out and say that other leak was fake

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
Guys! Have you seen that new Brawlhalla gameplay video?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqWmRykPGwg
lookin' good enough! I liked the fact that Rayman can fight with axe(wich is referencing Barbara, I think), but didn't expect people complaining about it in a comments. XD

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am wondering if Ubisoft pushed Rayman to be DLC later due to the Brawlhalla launch. They want to support Brawlhalla first.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Guys! Have you seen that new Brawlhalla gameplay video?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqWmRykPGwg
lookin' good enough! I liked the fact that Rayman can fight with axe(wich is referencing Barbara, I think), but didn't expect people complaining about it in a comments. XD
It looks...fun? Wish they showed a proper battle instead of Kung Foot (which is still a neat addition).

The use of Barbara’s axe is an interesting design choice, wouldn’t have thought of that myself.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Also, double post lol
If that leak is true (I’m personally on the fence about it myself), I would be very pleased with that final roster. Plus, it would eliminate a lot of potential competition for DLC, so Rayman would definitely have a much bigger shot if this ends up becoming real.
Exactly, I ain't even mad. Plus it would let a certain duo get the honor of being the first Western third-party mascots in Smash history, so it's a win-win.

I am wondering if Ubisoft pushed Rayman to be DLC later due to the Brawlhalla launch. They want to support Brawlhalla first.
That would make sense. Once people have gotten used to that, they'll immediately spring for Smash DLC production.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I feel like Rayman's gotta be dlc with how close Nintendo and Ubi have been lately, it just makes too much sense

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I heard something that some characters on the mural were DLC. Which honestly makes no sence because if Ubisoft and Nintendo were so close now, why not give Ubisoft a rep in smash already? Ubisoft stated multiple times in how much they wanted Ray to be in Smash.

Top Bottom