• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Jano should definitely return.

The bit in the Origins manual was such a tease.
Me: Wait wut, when? *googles* WTF POLUKUS IS THE BUBBLE DREAMER?? WHAT?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS
In the words of a certain Assist Trophy reveal.

“Yep, it’s him.”

Klimax

Smash Ace
Me: Wait wut, when? *googles* WTF POLUKUS IS THE BUBBLE DREAMER?? WHAT?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS
The problem is that Polokus being the Bubble Dreamer is a plot hole. Origins and Legends are somewhere between Rayman 1 and 2. And Rayman meets Polokus in Rayman 2, he didn't know him before.

I really want Rayman 4, the one that Murfy teased at the beginning of Rayman 3. Damn I miss a real Rayman... But hey, once Beyond Good and Evil 2 is finished, they'll make it !

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
I think I headcanoned the Polokus-Bubble Dreamer thing as Rayman sleeping. Because he sleeps so often, to the point where centuries can go by, I imagine his memory can be a bit spotty.

After wrapping my head around the continuity issues, I just pictured Rayman as some sort of primordial, heroic spirit that slumbers until he's needed. The context is never all that important to him, only that the world needs saving.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The problem is that Polokus being the Bubble Dreamer is a plot hole. Origins and Legends are somewhere between Rayman 1 and 2. And Rayman meets Polokus in Rayman 2, he didn't know him before.

I really want Rayman 4, the one that Murfy teased at the beginning of Rayman 3. Damn I miss a real Rayman... But hey, once Beyond Good and Evil 2 is finished, they'll make it !
I believe Origins takes place after Rayman 3, were at that point Rayman knows who Polokus is.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Kulty

Smash Ace
Origins used to be the prequel story but that idea was dropped, sadly. I think it was going to include Mr. Dark too.

I found this timeline in the Rayman boards
View attachment 168746
Wow looking like the Zelda timeline to me...:laugh: I really think Rayman 2 makes the most sense, since it's probably the most influential title in the series due to how many re-releases and ports it got. Then again, who knows...? :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
It would be nice if Rayman could appear in any Mario+Rabbid sequel. The original was a big hit so I can see a sequel being made.

I really think Nintendo's big challenge is finding enough game developers to support their large IP Catalog so they are all for outsourcing the work. Creating the Switch was brilliant as well since they were finally able to combine their handheld and platform teams into one system.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Any Rayman news? It is looking like the Brawlhalla situation might be hurting his chances. I thought he would be a lock after all the trophy representation in Smash 4.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Any Rayman news? It is looking like the Brawlhalla situation might be hurting his chances. I thought he would be a lock after all the trophy representation in Smash 4.
No one is a lock until a character is officially confirmed by Sakurai. Or if we get another ESRB Leak situation like what happened with the remaining characters for Smash 4's base roster.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
No one is a lock until a character is officially confirmed by Sakurai. Or if we get another ESRB Leak situation like what happened with the remaining characters for Smash 4's base roster.
Yeah but not having a direct in October is hurting everyone's chances right now :(. It is kind of frustrating. Hopefully we will get something in the next couple of weeks.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but not having a direct in October is hurting everyone's chances right now :(. It is kind of frustrating. Hopefully we will get something in the next couple of weeks.
My money's on a November direct now but I'm not sure that's such a great idea marketing wise since that'll be very close to the release date.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
My money's on a November direct now but I'm not sure that's such a great idea marketing wise since that'll be very close to the release date.
Expecting late October/very early November myself.

It would reveal everything they need to show in order to prevent leaks, and it allows some breathing room for Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee in terms of marketing.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am starting to think last week of October or first week or two of November as well. I am getting tired of the waiting lol. I am starting to believe that we will be thin on base characters as the focus might be on the single player "Spirits" mode with Sakurai planning a lot of our popular picks for DLC.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm thinking he's not in base, so DLC is his best chance. Either way, stay strong!

volbound1700

Smash Master
At this point, I'm thinking he's not in base, so DLC is his best chance. Either way, stay strong!
I am too. It is really odd with his trophy appearances in Smash 4, the Mario + Rabbid crossover, and the strong support by Ubisoft for Nintendo systems. I would have thought he would be a lock.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think we've reached a general consensus that base game is a no-show for Rayman, which sucks is disappointing. But on the upside, he's finally getting some form of exposure (and something for us to look forward to) via Smash Flash 2 & Brawlhalla. Plus, with Ninty's growing bromance with Ubisoft (future collabs down the line! hope this means something!:crazy:), I'm actually feeling kinda confident that things may start to turn.

I would ask how we could possibly start vocalizing our desire for Rayman, but maybe now's not the time yet.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, I think we've reached a general consensus that base game is a no-show for Rayman, which sucks is disappointing. But on the upside, he's finally getting some form of exposure (and something for us to look forward to) via Smash Flash 2 & Brawlhalla. Plus, with Ninty's growing bromance with Ubisoft (future collabs down the line! hope this means something!:crazy:), I'm actually feeling kinda confident that things may start to turn.

I would ask how we could possibly start vocalizing our desire for Rayman, but maybe now's not the time yet.
Yeah, I don’t think the time’s right either. Probably when we get closer to release and when they unveil the full roster.

Wouldn’t be surprised if basic planning for DLC has already started. I know Sakurai said he wasn’t gonna think about DLC until the game finishes, but at this point the game should be in the polishing and ironing out bugs state. If the DLC involves third parties, they’ll probably want to get all the licensing troubles out of the way.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
My only worries for him being DLC is they might pick the Rabbids over him due to the recent crossover with Mario.

Once the full roster is unveiled, that's when we need to be vocal, and say the best rep from Ubi has to be Rayman.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've been saying Rayman's best chance is DLC since forever, but I'm not willing to just believe he's not in the base game just because of some rumors, and the general feeling in the room. Who knows where leakers are getting their info from, could be people that left the project awhile ago, more stuff could be waiting to be revealed.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I know that I keep repeating the same phrase but it just doesn't make sense that he got a trophy in Smash 4 and doesn't appear at all in Wii U. Also Rayman is the mascot for Ubisoft and not the Rabbids. Rabbids wouldn't exist without Rayman.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm doing a video on arguments about Rayman's and Crash's inclusion in Ultimate. This is probably releasing a bit closer to release, since my scenario are these characters being DLC at this point;

But since I took so long to do that piece in particular, I wanted to share if you guys.. I replicated the Versus Screen of Smash Ultimate; would be a pity if anybody that decided to not watch a video of 30 minutes or so passed would miss to see that:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm doing a video on arguments about Rayman's and Crash's inclusion in Ultimate. This is probably releasing a bit closer to release, since my scenario are these characters being DLC at this point;

But since I took so long to do that piece in particular, I wanted to share if you guys.. I replicated the Versus Screen of Smash Ultimate; would be a pity if anybody that decided to not watch a video of 30 minutes or so passed would miss to see that:

Oh wow! That looks pretty authentic. Good work!

Looking forward to see the rest of the video.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh wow! That looks pretty authentic. Good work!

Looking forward to see the rest of the video.
If by "authentic", you mean "clearly drawn by hand/in Microsoft Paint", then yes. That isn't a bad thing, by the way — it is legitimately quite well-drawn — but calling it truly authentic to Ultimate's art style is a massive stretch.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If by "authentic", you mean "clearly drawn by hand/in Microsoft Paint", then yes. That isn't a bad thing, by the way — it is legitimately quite well-drawn — but calling it truly authentic to Ultimate's art style is a massive stretch.
I’m talking about the recreation of the versus screen.

Top Bottom