• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Grass grows

Wind blows

Shovel Knight makes another appearance in a different game. And in Brawlhalla of all places.
Hopefully the Knight of Shovelry can sneak in our boy Rayman into Smash.
;)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Grass grows

Wind blows

Shovel Knight makes another appearance in a different game. And in Brawlhalla of all places.
Hopefully the Knight of Shovelry can sneak in our boy Rayman into Smash.
;)
One can only hope. He might have taken one for the team and gave away his playable spot to Rayman.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’d love to see a great Ubisoft rep and Rayman would fit the bill and I’ve wanted him to be included since I saw how good ArtsyOmni’s render was. He has my support.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
SHOVEL KNIGHT IS IN EVERYTHING!!!:eek:
That asside though, that just proves that Rayman can be in more than one game at once. How many does Shovel Knight have? Blade Strangers, Crystal Crisis, and his very own.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So does anyone know Ubisoft's current stance regarding whether or not Ray's in? Any suspicious NDA-type responses to questions on social media?
Haven’t really seen anything regarding that. Third parties haven’t nearly been as vocal as they were in the Ballot days.

The closest is probably the Brawhalla announcement, but as we’ve discussed it probably means little in the grand scheme of things.

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
So does anyone know Ubisoft's current stance regarding whether or not Ray's in? Any suspicious NDA-type responses to questions on social media?
The Rayman page has not been active for a while. When I published my moveset at Twitter, I mentioned the page and they retweeted it with enthusiasm, showing that they really wanted Rayman in Smash. They seemed to do that with a lot of fan art, but now that stopped.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The Rayman page has not been active for a while. When I published my moveset at Twitter, I mentioned the page and they retweeted it with enthusiasm, showing that they really wanted Rayman in Smash. They seemed to do that with a lot of fan art, but now that stopped.
Between that and WF, it's proof that any unrevealed third parties involved with Ultimate ARE under a NDA. Maybe.

SpongeBob_broke_the_4th_wall.PNG

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Got to say, I'm surprised by the lack of excitement I've seen in regards to Rayman. While I haven't kept up with the series, all three initial Rayman games were my absolute **** as a youngster. I've played through Hoodlum Havoc too many times to count, especially considering I played through it a few times again when it was re-released in HD.

It seems like Brawlhalla kind of killed everybody's Ray-boners. While I really can't speak on how high of chances he might have, I think Rayman would be one of the most deserving and exciting possible newcomers. To me, it would be really hurt to not get him. If the gaming industry is in such a climate that Mario can have a Rabbids crossover, it would be a pretty big blow to the balls if Rayman isn't included.

After all, as a fanboy of the original games, the Rabbids are what put the Rayman platformer on the backburner back in the Wii days. I remember being pretty bummed with the direction Ubisoft went at the time. Now that Ray has had several acclaimed side-scrollers since, I'd say he's in a better place than he has been in a long time.

I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for the limbless legend.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I’ve honestly sort of accepted that Rayman may not be in the base game. We only have a few newcomers left so the likelihood is getting smaller and smaller.

However, that does not eliminate his chances of DLC, which Smash Ultimate will most certainly be doing.

If he’s not in the base game, all we can hope is that he doesn’t show up as an Assist Trophy.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I've been a Rayman fanboy all my life and he's the character I'd want in Smash over anyone else, period. That said I never had hope for him, so I shifted my focus over to the Donkey Kong series with K Rool, Dixie and Funky. If we someday do get Rayman in Smash, I'll eat a Gamecube controller.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I mean, it really didn't say anything but there won't be a dirrect revealing a newcomer every time unless I missed something. I still have hope. Remember this was all decided in 2015, and Ray did get a lot of votes thanks to someone's prank

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I've been a Rayman fanboy all my life and he's the character I'd want in Smash over anyone else, period. That said I never had hope for him, so I shifted my focus over to the Donkey Kong series with K Rool, Dixie and Funky. If we someday do get Rayman in Smash, I'll eat a Gamecube controller.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!

(PSST, it's me! Jumpman K., from DK Vine! :chuckle:)

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
However, that does not eliminate his chances of DLC, which Smash Ultimate will most certainly be doing.
That is assuming that there will be DLC in the first place. Already Sakurai is doing his best to make this the best and most content-packed Smash Bros game to date, and it's no secret that doing that is a lot of hard work. After the release of the game, going straight to DLC may be overworking the development team a bit. Who knows, though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That is assuming that there will be DLC in the first place. Already Sakurai is doing his best to make this the best and most content-packed Smash Bros game to date, and it's no secret that doing that is a lot of hard work. After the release of the game, going straight to DLC may be overworking the development team a bit. Who knows, though.
DLC is most certainly going to happen.

Smash 4 DLC made a ton of money, and with the Switch being a much bigger success than the Wii U, I think support for Ultimate will go on longer than it did for Smash 4.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
DLC is most certainly going to happen.

Smash 4 DLC made a ton of money, and with the Switch being a much bigger success than the Wii U, I think support for Ultimate will go on longer than it did for Smash 4.
This is why I'm happy that they are releasing Ultimate pretty early on the Switch's lifespan. I'm assuming here that it'll go for as long as the 3DS has been (7 years), so we might get a lot of DLC content for years to come, and they'll all be newcomers.

Obviously my theory is debunked if Sakurai decided to stop DLC like a year or two later, but I always imagined that he only stopped at Bayonetta to get working on Ultimate.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I’ve honestly sort of accepted that Rayman may not be in the base game. We only have a few newcomers left so the likelihood is getting smaller and smaller.

If he’s not in the base game, all we can hope is that he doesn’t show up as an Assist Trophy.
Yup, DLC potential. ANd again, they already had Sukapon as the "floating limbless" assist trophy guy sooooooo

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
I support this character. For obvious reasons.
But yeah I do hope he makes it in this time around.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This is why I'm happy that they are releasing Ultimate pretty early on the Switch's lifespan. I'm assuming here that it'll go for as long as the 3DS has been (7 years), so we might get a lot of DLC content for years to come, and they'll all be newcomers.

Obviously my theory is debunked if Sakurai decided to stop DLC like a year or two later, but I always imagined that he only stopped at Bayonetta to get working on Ultimate.
I can see Sakurai taken a somewhat hands off approach when it comes to Ultimate’s DLC. Enough to give the characters the attention to detail they need, but also enough to give Sakurai a well earned break.

Though considering how crazy this man is, he’ll probably stick with it to the bitter end. :p
I support this character. For obvious reasons.
But yeah I do hope he makes it in this time around.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
FD455314-5A1A-4071-ADD0-DE1C8D8884D3.gif

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
It's also to keep in mind that the year Bayonetta released on Smash 4 was also the year that the Switch was announced and the year the Wii U's lifespan was coming to an end. Since Ultimate is releasing relatively early in the Switch's lifespan, it's definitely feasible to think it would be a game that Sakurai and the dev team would continue to support during the rest of it's time in the console market.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I know that these polls don't mean jack for Ultimate's development (& likely never meant jack, to begin with), but they're atleast good ways to show just who you wanna see join the ranks with Mario, Link, DK, Sonic & so on.
Having said that, here's a poll that lets you pick however many faces that would personally "complete" the game for you.

Y'all know what to do. Don't hesitate to pick more than one, though!

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
So, how about Rayman's final smash? I feel that it depends on whether or not they choose to use his transformations from Rayman 3 in his moveset, but overall I think it's a safe bet it'll involve him riding on Bzzit to shoot at the other opponents.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I'm worried that even if Rayman does get into Smash, the game will solely reference his Origins/Legends incarnations. That would still be excellent, but the older games are some of my favorite games ever made, and I'd be so crestfallen not to see them referenced.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I'm worried that even if Rayman does get into Smash, the game will solely reference his Origins/Legends incarnations. That would still be excellent, but the older games are some of my favorite games ever made, and I'd be so crestfallen not to see them referenced.
It would be a shame, for sure. He has so much potential from all the material in 1, 2 and 3 that can make its way into a moveset that simply going for his Legends/Origins incarnation would feel cheap. But hey, at least he'd be in the game!

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Reminds me when Bandai wanted Anime Pac Man in Smash but Sakurai said no. I think he'll go for the original incarnation if he's in. Maybe a few moves from his newer games, but will most likely stay the Rayman from the 3d games

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I would love if they used his Rayman Arena/M theme for his reveal trailer, if he gets revealed.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, how about Rayman's final smash? I feel that it depends on whether or not they choose to use his transformations from Rayman 3 in his moveset, but overall I think it's a safe bet it'll involve him riding on Bzzit to shoot at the other opponents.
The idea I have is basically a recreation of this part of the Rayman Origins intro at 1:38.
Thought of it in the Smash 4 days, but it still fits with Ultimate’s focus on more straightforward Final Smashes.

Last edited:

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Ken and incineroar are the last one.
To my logic: geno, issac, rayman, springman and rex/pyra are good choice to sell a lot of dlc.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
^ Although I don't like the box theory at all, it would be hilarious if the last two characters were like... Shadow and Isaac instead of Ken and Incineroar. Then literally everyone would be wrong and I'd be laughing at everyone being stubborn and refusing to admit they were wrong at one another.. cause that's usually what happens in this community.

Last edited:
Top Bottom