• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure I'd put very much faith in the "Box Leak". If they thought forward enough to keep unannounced characters off the box, they thought far enough not to tell them how many characters are left to reveal as well.

Sure, make conversation about it, but treating it as the gospel would be foolish, I think.

The Verbergen thing has a bit more weight, but to think those two will be the final announcements feels underwhelming, personally. Not very ultimate.

Finally, assuming the CoroCoro stage number isn't a typo, I'd expect a few newcomers to coincide with unannounced stages.

As always, grains of salt all around. Oh, and Rayman for smash.

*coughshamlessplugcough*

I should remake this someday...
I would looove a classic Rayman stage. (Maybe an updated remake too, tbh)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
How do you guys think they could implement Rayman's helicopter hair ability into his moveset? Initially I was thinking of it as an Up-B, but then I realised that his helicopter has only ever acted as a hover rather than a way of flying throughout the Rayman series so it probably wouldn't work as well in keeping true to his attributes as a character.

Maybe it could act similarly to Peach's float?
Me personally, I envision it as an UpB like his Super Helicopter in Rayman 1, and an attack for his Forward Tilt:

Rayman scrunches his body and then blasts his head out while spinning his hair. He racks up multiple hits while carrying victims through the trajectory. As his hair was strong enough to cut rope as wide as his torso, Rayman puts his propeller to use for more violent methods.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Me personally, I envision it as an UpB like his Super Helicopter in Rayman 1, and an attack for his Forward Tilt:

Rayman scrunches his body and then blasts his head out while spinning his hair. He racks up multiple hits while carrying victims through the trajectory. As his hair was strong enough to cut rope as wide as his torso, Rayman puts his propeller to use for more violent methods.
I really like this attack idea, and showed it to quite a few people who needed convincing already lmao

The way it functions interests me a little less, though. Have you played Rivals of Aether by chance. There's a character named Eliana, and her dash attack looks a lot like this. It hits once, but has a continuous hitbox. If you hold it, she holds it out longer. Doing it near the edge can get some quick edge guards (on terrible CPU's tbf) and overall it feels like exactly how you'd expect a propeller to feel. I'd like this attack to function similarly tbh.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I really like this attack idea, and showed it to quite a few people who needed convincing already lmao

The way it functions interests me a little less, though. Have you played Rivals of Aether by chance. There's a character named Eliana, and her dash attack looks a lot like this. It hits once, but has a continuous hitbox. If you hold it, she holds it out longer. Doing it near the edge can get some quick edge guards (on terrible CPU's tbf) and overall it feels like exactly how you'd expect a propeller to feel. I'd like this attack to function similarly tbh.
Honestly I never played RoA, but I just looked up a vid of Eliana to get an understanding. As for her dash attack, it's interesting; I never envisioned an attack to function like that, but my goal is to get ideas going in others with concepts. The pic itself is mainly a springboard for creativity and the description brings context, but if people can take the concept in their own direction from the pic alone, by all means go ahead!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Honestly I never played RoA, but I just looked up a vid of Eliana to get an understanding. As for her dash attack, it's interesting; I never envisioned an attack to function like that, but my goal is to get ideas going in others with concepts. The pic itself is mainly a springboard for creativity and the description brings context, but if people can take the concept in their own direction from the pic alone, by all means go ahead!
It's a fun game with some really neat attack concepts, I highly recommend it.

Tbh after I saw that pick of yours I instinctively look for the attack in every Rayman moveset lmao.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think (if he gets in) they will represent all the rayman games or just the ubiart ones?
It's really hard to say which route the Smash Team would go, but hopefully, casuals & newcomers to Ultimate would get a full (or atleast sizable) scope of the series' history, from it's debut in 95', to it's triumphant jump to 3D with Rayman 2, to the Rabbids era, to the miscellaneous entries like Hoodlum's Revenge, right up to modern day with the UbiArt ensemble.

Either way, we'd have Rayman himself, so I wouldn't complain, it's just I'd prefer if they didn't pull a Pac-Man (i.e. only acknowledge 2 or 3 titles, & then blatantly ignore any/everything else in the series).

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Do you guys think (if he gets in) they will represent all the rayman games or just the ubiart ones?
Hopefully the former, though part of me is expecting the latter.

I mean, if you had to represent Rayman through just one series of games, the UbiArt ones aren’t a bad choice. But the series is a lot more than that, so it should really cover all his games.

gebi

Cloud Prince
Add me as a supporter when you get the chance OP! the Rayman games are some of my favorite games ever and his inclusion would mean so much to me

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice

Brilliant! Is that drawing by you by any chance? Amazing work, if so!

Add me as a supporter when you get the chance OP! the Rayman games are some of my favorite games ever and his inclusion would mean so much to me
Welcome to the glade of dreams!

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It's really hard to say which route the Smash Team would go, but hopefully, casuals & newcomers to Ultimate would get a full (or atleast sizable) scope of the series' history, from it's debut in 95', to it's triumphant jump to 3D with Rayman 2, to the Raving Rabbids era, to the miscellaneous entries like Hoodlum's Revenge, right up to modern day with the UbiArt ensemble.

Either way, we'd have Rayman himself, so I wouldn't complain, it's just I'd prefer if they didn't pull a Pac-Man (i.e. only acknowledge 2 or 3 titles, & then blatantly ignore any/everything else in the series).
What did you wanna see from Pac-Man?

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
What did you wanna see from Pac-Man?
The lack of Ms. Pac-Man was always a bit of a letdown to me, but beyond that, there's Pac-Man 2, Championship Edition, & the first two Pac-Man Worlds, among others.

I'm aware that, in general, third-party series don't get a whole lot of coverage (gawrsh, it's almost like this is a Nintendo fighter or somethin'...:p), & that Pac, in particular, isn't repping his series so much as repping Arcade-era Namco, but, I dunno.
The original game is what he's known for, of course, but there's more to the series than just that or Pac-Land, and I personally think that Bandai Namco should embrace that, regardless of the aforementioned titles failing to reach the notoriety of the first game (with the exception of Ms. Pac-Man).

Sooo... yeah. it's sorta like only covering the Ubiart games with Rayman. Not wrong, just kinda misleading & "ignorant", if that makes sense.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The lack of Ms. Pac-Man was always a bit of a letdown to me, but beyond that, there's Pac-Man 2, Championship Edition, & Pac-Man World 1/2, among others.

I'm aware that, in general, third-party series don't get a whole lot of coverage (it's almost like this is a Nintendo fighter or somethin'...:p), & that Pac, in particular, isn't repping his series so much as repping Arcade-era Namco, but, I dunno. The original game is what he's known for, of course, but there's more to the series than just that or Pac-Land, and I personally think that Bandai Namco should embrace that, regardless of the aforementioned titles failing to reach the notoriety of the first game (with the exception of Ms. Pac-Man). Sooo... yeah. it's sorta like only covering the Ubiart games with Rayman. Not wrong, just kinda misleading & "ignorant", if that makes sense.
Isn't his up special a reference for Pac-Man World? Idk, I think he did good with Pac-Man for what Pac-Man offers.

It's a distinct possibility, but I'd be really disappointed with a Rayman solely based on his Ubiart showings. The first 3 Rayman games have the most interesting attacks imo

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Isn't his up special a reference for Pac-Man World? Idk, I think he did good with Pac-Man for what Pac-Man offers.

It's a distinct possibility, but I'd be really disappointed with a Rayman solely based on his Ubiart showings. The first 3 Rayman games have the most interesting attacks imo
That would be a reference to the game Mappy , ma dude.
I do mostly enjoy what we got with Pac-Man, though. Big ditto to your ideals for Rayman representation.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That would be a reference to the game Mappy ,ma dude. I do mostly enjoy what we got with Pac-Man, though. Big ditto to your ideals for Rayman representation.
Just looked Mappy up, you weren't lying lmao. I also looked up Pac-Man world gameplay as I haven't played it in more than half my lifetime, and he does like a butt bounce thing. Weird how I remembered it differently

Random thing, even if I just post here, I never see this thread at the top spot of the newcomer discussions. It's always Isaac, Shantae, Skull Kid, or Geno.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The lack of Ms. Pac-Man was always a bit of a letdown to me, but beyond that, there's Pac-Man 2, Championship Edition, & Pac-Man World 1/2, among others.

I'm aware that, in general, third-party series don't get a whole lot of coverage (it's almost like this is a Nintendo fighter or somethin'...:p), & that Pac, in particular, isn't repping his series so much as repping Arcade-era Namco, but, I dunno. The original game is what he's known for, of course, but there's more to the series than just that or Pac-Land, and I personally think that Bandai Namco should embrace that, regardless of the aforementioned titles failing to reach the notoriety of the first game (with the exception of Ms. Pac-Man). Sooo... yeah. it's sorta like only covering the Ubiart games with Rayman. Not wrong, just kinda misleading & "ignorant", if that makes sense.
The lack of Pac-Man World music in Smash is downright criminal.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I think Rayman has a better shot than indie characters. I mean, I want Quote from Cave Story more than Shante, but with the way shovel knight turned out, I think most indies will be an AT at best.
I guess that's why i still have hope for Rayman. He's older than Banjo Kazooie and you know how Nintendo practically markets off nostalgia.
Thanks to the only song they had, every time i played pac, people would joke about the music (since it was the same that played on the ghpstly adventures show) and go "Aw man, I'm a meme...."
Needless to say it sucked being a pac main back then lol

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
That's his side special. I do wish packman had more world rep in his games, but I absolutely love the fruit and hydrant though.

Seriously! Both Pacman world one and two were brimming with great music! I would kill for Clyde and the Caldera or a Far Out/Gimmie Space remix.

As for the limbless wonder, being restricted to Ubiart content is a real worry, but at least there are some amazing songs there, like this one.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Sorry I've been dead recently. There's some stuff I'm dealing with, but I'm back to spark up some discussion.

Here's a fun question. If Ultimate had a Subspace Emmisary type story mode, who would you like for Rayman to be partnered with?

I'm leaning towards either: :ultkirby:,:ultkingdedede:,:ultyoshi: or:ultluigi:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sorry I've been dead recently. There's some stuff I'm dealing with, but I'm back to spark up some discussion.

Here's a fun question. If Ultimate had a Subspace Emmisary type story mode, who would you like for Rayman to be partnered with?

:ultsonic: and :ultmario: would be the childhood dream.

In terms of anyone else, we could have a trio of “men” :ultmegaman::ultpacman:.

And anything with the Kid Icarus cast would be a good time.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Rayman paired with :ultkirby: would be perfect, but based on his personality he could also be paired with :ultyoshi:. Their facial structure is pretty similar too which would invite the "both look at the camera puzzled" gag.

Teaming him up with:ultlucas:could give Lucas a mini-arc as he learns how to unwind a bit with Rayman, seeing as he's a hero with a sense of humor.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Red thinks he's a Pokemon and tries to catch him. Better him than Ridley (keep him away from Red) But at the end the trainer gets frustrated and gives up, but as he's walking he had no idea he's about to come crashing off a cliff, but Rayman being the good guy he is saves him.
He does not throw Pokeballs at him anymore.

Just let my 2 faves meet please

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I am a Rayman supporter! Recently played Legends and it's one of the best platformers ever! Hopefully brawlhalla doesnt deconfirm him..

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Recently played Legends and it's one of the best platformers ever!
I second this! Been replaying it on Switch just recently and it's made me fall in love with the series in the same way I was in love with it as a kid; complete whimsical wonder and fun. Sure Origins and Legends didn't exactly sell like hotcakes, but it's undeniable how much critical praise they received and the impact they have had on the modern platforming genre as a result.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I could see Rayman team up with the KI cast, for obvious reasons.

Both of the series' heroes fought Hades.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I just got Rayman Legends for Switch off Ebay for $ 21.00 (includes shipping). I am looking forward to giving it a shot. Only Rayman game that I have played is Origins for Wii.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There's been a surprise hiding in the OP, but it seems like no one has stumbled across it, so I'm spilling the beans.

Check out the massive update, there's something rather special there!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's been a surprise hiding in the OP, but it seems like no one has stumbled across it, so I'm spilling the beans.

Check out the massive update, there's something rather special there!
HOLY MOLY THAT’S A GOOD RAYMAN!

Not sure if this was intentional, but it looks amiibo friendly. Awesome work!

Top Bottom