• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think with Ubisoft wanting him in Smash for a while, I doubt they would be stingy with music selection, so at the least we'd be getting a decent amount!

My main hope is for a remix of Mr.Dark's theme!
You and I both, good sir. Rayman 1's OST in general could need a medley of some sort too.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
You and I both, good sir. Rayman 1's OST in general could need a medley of some sort too.
Still the best OST in the series imo.

I hope we get tracks from multiple Rayman games but I'd be lying if I said most of my faves aren't from Rayman 1.

I feel like the most likely track that we could count on getting a remix is bandland tbh

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I know it’s gonna be an Exciting 24-Hours for you guys but please let’s keep our minds and expectations at an absolute Low as it may not be the moment we hope to happen

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know it’s gonna be an Exciting 24-Hours for you guys but please let’s keep our minds and expectations at an absolute Low as it may not be the moment we hope to happen
I don't expect him to show up there. I figure he'd be later in the pass anyways.

Anyway, I'll be off for a bit. Dunno when I'll come back.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Geno or Hayabusa is what I'm guessing. Risky bet is Sora. Would die if it's Rayman.

I'm not sure if Nintendo would put two Western characters back to back, if that makes any sense, so that's why I'm not really banking on Crash or Rayman.

Last edited:

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet
Not expecting Rayman tonight, but if he gets revealed I'll be head bopping to Riding the Marshes from Rayman 2 like there's no tomorrow, then jumping into the nearest time machine to tell my 9-year old self that his two most wanted characters, K. Rool and Rayman, are finally in Smash...

Living in the Brawl days, he probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Hoping for Rayman but as for characters with things going for them I suppose jonesy has the most, with crash just being "I like him so he's likely" for most people.

Still hoping the best for our Limbless Lad!!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm currently hoping we see Rayman or Crash - though I guess in some preferences related to one of my most favorite games of all time (Origins and Legends) and historical significance, I'm slightly leaning more at Rayman's side still.

It's gonna be quite a long wait, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Please let this year will be more eventful than whatever last year's game awards was. I'd hate to have the Swedish Chef as the one highlight, heh.

That being said, I've got a feeling the next in line is Crash, but my fingers are in the proper crossing positions for you-know-who.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Absolutely didn't expect Seph, love it. Now it's time to reach and turn this into Rayman speculation.

You know why this reveal makes sense in retrospect? The lack of FF7 anything. Same songs as Smash 4 and Cloud was the only Spirit. We played it off as Square Enix being greedy which... yeah? they waited for DLC to add more content instead. But why does this matter? Cause I think the same logic could work with Rayman.

We bring it up a lot, but this adds fuel to the fire, Rayman going from three trophies to just Ray himself is a very strange choice when it probably takes virtually no effort to add spirits. Could mean nothing but by using the Sephiroth Spirit Board logic, Rayman could probably be in the same boat: planned for DLC later, so they avoided adding too much content from his game to have a meaty content pack that doesn't reuse much like Min Min did.

I acknowledge it's reaching, since like, Min Min's board reused a bunch of Arms spirits, but still, that's the fun of speculating.

P.S. really sorry for the Geno fans

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Absolutely didn't expect Seph, love it. Now it's time to reach and turn this into Rayman speculation.

You know why this reveal makes sense in retrospect? The lack of FF7 anything. Same songs as Smash 4 and Cloud was the only Spirit. We played it off as Square Enix being greedy which... yeah? they waited for DLC to add more content instead. But why does this matter? Cause I think the same logic could work with Rayman.

We bring it up a lot, but this adds fuel to the fire, Rayman going from three trophies to just Ray himself is a very strange choice when it probably takes virtually no effort to add spirits. Could mean nothing but by using the Sephiroth Spirit Board logic, Rayman could probably be in the same boat: planned for DLC later, so they avoided adding too much content from his game to have a meaty content pack that doesn't reuse much like Min Min did.

I acknowledge it's reaching, since like, Min Min's board reused a bunch of Arms spirits, but still, that's the fun of speculating.

P.S. really sorry for the Geno fans
By golly Zoro while that is a reach it actually makes sense 🤔 like they went out of their way to have permission to use Rayman stuff but only one spirit? Hmmmm...

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
By golly Zoro while that is a reach it actually makes sense 🤔 like they went out of their way to have permission to use Rayman stuff but only one spirit? Hmmmm...
Plus that they had the chance to give him a mii costume and just straight up didn't, they went for the next two most recognized Ubi franchises... it feels like they're purposefully avoiding Rayman for something when you put the clues together with this new potential clue.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I want you guys to keep in mind that we still have an Ubiforward Event planned for early 2021 which is speculated to be in February and that the last 3-Fighters have had significant release/reveal dates with Min Min/Arms inclusion came on the heels off of its 3-Year Anniversary release of Arms, Minecraft inclusion in following the Minecraft Live Event and now with Sephiroth with More Final Fantasy content coming announced at the Video Game Awards. Ubisoft will need Rayman’s inclusion to Super Smash Bros Ultimate be held off for their own Video Game Presentation that same time and way they’ll bring awareness to their own Presentation.

Last edited:

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
The truth is, I don't understand why Nintendo hasn't already included Rayman.

With Ubisoft and Nintendo in good relationship, why the hell didn't Nintendo come and tell Ubisoft "Hey, we want to get Rayman into Smash"?
The only thing that really fills me with hope are the Mii Suits of Altaïr and the Rabbids, because that means they've had conversations about what content to put into Smash.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
The truth is, I don't understand why Nintendo hasn't already included Rayman.

With Ubisoft and Nintendo in good relationship, why the hell didn't Nintendo come and tell Ubisoft "Hey, we want to get Rayman into Smash"?
The only thing that really fills me with hope are the Mii Suits of Altaïr and the Rabbids, because that means they've had conversations about what content to put into Smash.
I think it's a simple matter of priorities. I don't see Nintendo going "Sure we will pick Rayman for DLC in place of Cloud/Ryu/Joker/Banjo-Kazooie" but I can see them going "Sorry Ubisoft Rayman could be cool and we do appreciate our partnership, but we have some different priorities in mind, we can talk again later though!". Perhaps this pass could be the point where Nintendo decided "Okay Ubisoft would you like to discuss Rayman in Smash now?"

Edit: Alternately, the plans was made since base game and instead Nintendo was like "Hey Ubisoft we'd like to talk about Rayman but we have different priorities right so if you're okay with Rayman and other IPs represented through PNG images until we can get to that point it'd be cool. That said we can still talk about mii costumes!"

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I think it's a simple matter of priorities. I don't see Nintendo going "Sure we will pick Rayman for DLC in place of Cloud/Ryu/Joker/Banjo-Kazooie" but I can see them going "Sorry Ubisoft Rayman could be cool and we do appreciate our partnership, but we have some different priorities in mind, we can talk again later though!". Perhaps this pass could be the point where Nintendo decided "Okay Ubisoft would you like to discuss Rayman in Smash now?"

Edit: Alternately, the plans was made since base game and instead Nintendo was like "Hey Ubisoft we'd like to talk about Rayman but we have different priorities right so if you're okay with Rayman and other IPs represented through PNG images until we can get to that point it'd be cool. That said we can still talk about mii costumes!"
That's actually a very good way of looking at it.

The idea that nintendo has absolute zero interest in Rayman is a bit silly considering he still managed to show up as a spirit and he's a character they don't have the rights to by default.

Unless Ubisoft just sent them the PNG hoping for the best like Wayforward did with Shantae, but Ubisoft has never been that desperate, and like last game, they didn't send the model or anything until they were asked.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Late, but.

Two of the biggest fan rules broken. Never thought I'd see the day.

Also, negotiations can get as tough as earning the A-38 pass. :ultsteve: took several years, after all.

This is a thread for a French-made character, so it's as good an excuse as any for me to post Franco-Belgian animation.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Late, but.

Two of the biggest fan rules broken. Never thought I'd see the day.
What fan rules do you mean?

Also, negotiations can get as tough as earning the A-38 pass. :ultsteve: took several years, after all.

Ubisoft negotiations wouldn’t be considered “difficult” but rather just like Steve and other DLC CHARACTER PACKS more specifically impending permission for inclusion in the Games DLC

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
"No second unique fighter for a third-party series" and "No DLC villains" (granted, I don't think I heard of that one, but it probably was said somewhere).
Yeah that sounds pretty random at best. Nonetheless this time we’ll get an @** load of Final Fantasy Music, Spirits and an updated version of Final Fantasy tweaks like (hoping) Cloud’s Original/PlayStation Artwork for his Fighter Spirit and More

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah that sounds pretty random at best. Nonetheless this time we’ll get an @** load of Final Fantasy Music, Spirits and an updated version of Final Fantasy tweaks like (hoping) Cloud’s Original/PlayStation Artwork for his Fighter Spirit and More
I'm hoping for a Tifa spirit and some FF7R stuff myself.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That, along with other Final Fantasy Spirits and Music like X & X-2, XIV, XV, XIII, IX, and the Original Game, like Terry Bogard/SNK level of Content
Not to mention stuff from II-VI, it's been too long since those games have gotten major service on a Nintendo device.

Not happening but if by some miracle we get God in Fire from Dissidia I will do what we refer to as a "nut" in the business
Well, it is FF's own fighter crossover, so I can dig that.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Rayman is going to kill Mario, K. Rool and Link by rolling his torso at them like a bowling ball and knocking them all over like in the Rayman Arena/M opening.
I mean I was going to suggest that he just crashes a shell from Rayman 2 into Mario to make it explode but this works too.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I wonder if Nintendo will pull a Pac Man on Rayman? Remember Pac Man has a Cloud in the Greninja Trailer. Same thing in the K Rool Trailer.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Rayman is going to kill Mario, K. Rool and Link by rolling his torso at them like a bowling ball and knocking them all over like in the Rayman Arena/M opening.
This is the one time I'd be down for continuing the trend of putting Mario (& to a lesser extent, K. Rool/Luigi) through the wringer to reveal a newcomer. 😈

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The thing with Koei Tecmo is that I find their base game content handling to be...really strange.

On one hand, Fatal Frame content has been acknowledged, but on the other, all of their stuff from the Nintendo-related Warriors spin-offs has been excluded for no reason (even the twins Lords from Fire Emblem).

Knowing KT's DLC practices, they may be particularly demanding before they can allow much of anything into Smash.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
The thing with Koei Tecmo is that I find their base game content handling to be...really strange.

On one hand, Fatal Frame content has been acknowledged, but on the other, all of their stuff from the Nintendo-related Warriors spin-offs has been excluded for no reason (even the twins Lords from Fire Emblem).

Knowing KT's DLC practices, they may be particularly demanding before they can allow much of anything into Smash.
But, who wouldn't want their character to be in Smash?

I realize that this might just be me not understanding how the business world works and there might be something I don't know about but like. If I was literally any studio and Nintendo came to me and was like "we wanna put your character in Smash" whether that be as a Mii Costume or a playable character or anywhere in between I'd just be like "**** YES OF COURSE YOU CAN DO THAT" inclusion in Smash (I'd say as a Mii Costume or higher is worthwhile) is literally one of the most prestigious positions you could have. I don't think anyone would willingly say no to having their character in Smash. If they do they're literally dumb. It's like being handed everything you've ever wanted on a silver platter and just...pushing it off to the side, or throwing it away.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For lord knows what reason, some third party character inclusions don't work out sometimes. Take Resident Evil, which on paper is one of Capcom's biggest sellers...and it only got a DLC spirit event. Insiders claimed the reason was "internal politics", whatever that means, so we'll never really know unless someone asks Sak about it.

At the very least, minor content for those is included as a consolation prize, so that Nintendo/Sak keeps them in mind for the future.

Some companies don't seem to even get that. looks at Level-5

Last edited:
Top Bottom