• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Well, after havnig calmed down a bit by watching SWE's latest SAO abridged episode and the latest Touhou manga chapter, and with Michel Ancel giving his response to what was said about him, I will say that I overeacted by a lot earlier (part of it due to today being pretty tiring for me, though another part of it also comes from the timing of it). As of now, I will take a neutral stance on the events. French articles like that are often not very well documented and often lie to get clicks (yes, they are that desperate), but the timing of it is really suspicious to say the least. I'll stay neutral, I'll keep not supporting Ubisoft due to their very bad human work ethics, and I'll be for Rayman in Smash agin for sure, mainly because of the comunity and because It deserves better than what Ubisoft is giving it. Lastly, sorry for my meltdown earlier in the thread.
It's ok my man I really didn't blame you that much anyway for being disappointed. A lot of us are.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I really hope Ancel is right, and that it's all some sham. Too early to say for sure but we'll just wait and see.

Either way, I ain't giving up on the dream. The support for Rayman in Smash is the highest it's ever been, and I'd hate to see that torch go out. Gonna do my best to help keep the community going till he's in someday!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm going to at least wait for the truth to come out before I even make my stance on this. I dont want to jump the gun and condemn on the off chance that this is a false claim which sometimes does happen and people get unrightully destroyed as a result

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I really hope Ancel is right, and that it's all some sham. Too early to say for sure but we'll just wait and see.

Either way, I ain't giving up on the dream. The support for Rayman in Smash is the highest it's ever been, and I'd hate to see that torch go out. Gonna do my best to help keep the community going till he's in someday!
Thank you for being a beacon of hope for the community, my man. We will not falter

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I mean, ****ty creators aside I don’t think this hurts Rayman’s chances at all. Honestly, everyone should learn to separate the art from its artist.
100% agree

Konami is known for being pretty asstastic but we still got snake back and the Belmonts.

Also if Rayman is on Fighters Pass 2, it would have been finalized months before any of this Ubisoft stuff happened.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
It never ends.

Y'all probably already know, but disregard that "teaser" tweet from Ubisoft. They did the dumb by posting old concept art & said that nothing new was coming.

Ray remains my most wanted in spite of this, & with that trademark renewal from a few months back, I got a good feeling about this one.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I’m now starting to lean towards Michel Ancel side now as I’m starting to wonder why the Publication hasn’t updated it’s Publisher & Source for the last 24-Hours after the article went up. As far as Rayman DLC goes should the Character show up the DLC MAY get bumped off into like 6-Months till the Entire Ubisoft Controversy has cooled down and that Management has officially taken a New Direction by say 4-Months

{Quick Edit Update} Looks like This Publication is unreliable based on unfounded sources and paid off Dirt Sheets
Nick Stuart (@NickAnimal66) Tweeted:
R RaymanForSmash So apparently this Liberation article has History of Spreading False information by being paid off from an Unreliable Source. https://t.co/njMKiY4RMv

https://twitter.com/NickAnimal66/status/1309994779317538816?s=20

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
This whole thing is getting a bit hairy and I'd say it's a little too early to determine anything, though I hope Ancel is telling the truth.

That aside, figured I'd spark discussion with a random question:

What is your guy's absolute favorite Song from the Rayman series?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This whole thing is getting a bit hairy and I'd say it's a little too early to determine anything, though I hope Ancel is telling the truth.

Probably Madder, even with the lack of chance of it appearing in a Smash game.

On that note, I am very sorry for you all for what has happened, what you had to go through in terms of dealing with internet bullies. No one should have suffered from that.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

It's hard to say which of Rayman's tracks would be an absolute favorite, since the games have really good OSTs despite being so varied. My personal choice is "Harmony" from Rayman 1, I listen to it quite often, it's a pretty soothing track and works well in the background (which is a funny contrast to how Band Land is in difficulty in comparison to the first world)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Bruhhhh you can't just ask me to pick one. There's a lot of themes from Rayman 2 that make me very nostalgic, there's Land of the Livid Dead from 3, the main theme from Legends.

I'll mention Rise and Shrine from Arena. I'm a sucker for these mystical sounding tracks in my games, but the only thing keeping it from being my absolute favorite is that isn't a very extensive track :/

Maybe a Smash remix could help that???? 👀

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

i'm not very familiar with the original rayman trilogy, so that narrows it down to origins and legends. and out of those two games' soundtracks, this one is absolutely my fave
also hi i guess

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Damn y'all are reminding me just how difficult it would be to narrow down the music tracks for Rayman in smash, considering the seires is full of so many bops! My top 3 would be harmony, Mr Dark's theme, and Hoodoo Sorcerer! Though Madder would be funny just to see smash fans react to the line "Police say stop cause I ain't caucasian". (Still can't believe that's a line in a Rayman song lol.)

Also while I'm here, this leaks is almost certainly fake, but do y'all have anyt thoughts on it?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Rayman definitely fits in the criteria, popular in the West, nobody is expecting him.

I know nobody is expecting cause I saw people discussing who it potentially means in the Newcomer Thread and barely ANYONE brought up Rayman. So Rayman confirmed guys, let's go.

(it's most likely fake af)

Edit: is Madder really a Rayman song made FOR Rayman? I love is to bits but I thought it was a licensed song. Ubisoft does that a lot:

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Rayman definitely fits in the criteria, popular in the West, nobody is expecting him.

I know nobody is expecting cause I saw people discussing who it potentially means in the Newcomer Thread and barely ANYONE brought up Rayman. So Rayman confirmed guys, let's go.

(it's most likely fake af)

Edit: is Madder really a Rayman song made FOR Rayman? I love is to bits but I thought it was a licensed song. Ubisoft does that a lot:
A handful of the people in newcomer speculation don't like Rayman and make up reasons on why he isn't an icon or that he isn't actually a popular request, but yeah alot of people are expecting geno or crash next. I think the leak is fake overall.

As for Madder, it was definitely written for Rayman 3. It's just obvious that the song isn't truly about the game lmao

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
While I didn't list this track, the user Raymusique on YouTube did a remix of Tricky Treasure Chase that sounds alot like a perfect Smash reveal theme for Rayman!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Rayman still has 4 more chances if he's not it tomorrow. As someone once said, it's not over until it's over

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a clear expectation, more so just hunches since I pretty much have no idea who the character could be, but I think (and hope) Rayman could be a little later into the pass too. Well again, who knows? We'll see soon! 4 more chances after if not.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
We may not have been as lucky this time, but this is proof that Sakurai is getting more comfortable with adding Western characters, so if we at least get one more western rep, I think Rayman still has a good shot! Don't give up gang!
Yeah, that was one of my main takeaways from it! They do seem more open to western characters, and it's made me hopeful for Rayman. I'm staying through with him until it ends!

Staarih

Smash Master
I've seen some people note how the Minecraft Mii costumes (Creeper & Pig) have disjointed limbs, something a Rayman Mii costume would likely have if implemented. Not sure if it's a good or a bad sign for Rayman haha, but interesting to note nonetheless.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I've seen some people note how the Minecraft Mii costumes (Creeper & Pig) have disjointed limbs, something a Rayman Mii costume would likely have if implemented. Not sure if it's a good or a bad sign for Rayman haha, but interesting to note nonetheless.
I mean a Rayman mii was always possible so it doesn't really tip the scale of his chances. The whole "Limbless Minecraft miis? Rayman as a mii is a lock." Is just bogus honestly.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Not having much hope, but definitely nice to have him as a fighter. Really hope that Ubisoft and NIntendo agree to have major Smash presentation.

Costumes seem not impossible. Not saying full body costumes, It's abit suspicious Rayman is not used as a hat or wear reference while Rabbids are in. Either hinting on him being revealed as a fighter or unique costume.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Not having much hope, but definitely nice to have him as a fighter. Really hope that Ubisoft and NIntendo agree to have major Smash presentation.

Costumes seem not impossible. Not saying full body costumes, It's abit suspicious Rayman is not used as a hat or wear reference while Rabbids are in. Either hinting on him being revealed as a fighter or unique costume.
That's what I've been thinking. If he was only a mii as well I feel like he would have came with Altair and Rabbids.

Top Bottom