• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I love Isabelle and all but tbh that direct was preeeeetty underwhelming and I'm not just talking about Smash. Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing are great announcements though.
It was a good choice (imo) that clearly seemed to be done to segue into the Animal Crossing announcement.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It was a good choice (imo) that clearly seemed to be done to segue into the Animal Crossing announcement.
Oh no, I completely agree, I think Isabelle deserves it, and I'll be buying that Animal Crossing as soon as it's out.

I was talking about the rest of the presentation, besides Isabelle + Animal Crossing, there were very few moments that made me go "NICE" funnily enough one of them came from Petey Piranha being playable in Mario Tennis of all things (I love the big dork). And Luigi's Mansion 3 is also superb.

As for Smash, like... I'll be real, Isabelle's trailer felt, incomplete? I think that's where most people's disappointment is coming from right now. She had no big exciting cgi trailer, no action. Villager, was presented similarly in Smash 4 when they revealed the game, but even his looked better. I get the point was to make it look like gameplay and then throw the AC reveal right after for bonus effect but... that would also have worked with a regular trailer... meh

Sorry if this comes off as ignorant. Again, I'm happy with her inclusion and a couple of games, but a pretty lacking direct imo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As for Smash, like... I'll be real, Isabelle's trailer felt, incomplete? I think that's where most people's disappointment is coming from right now. She had no big exciting cgi trailer, no action. Villager, was presented similarly in Smash 4 when they revealed the game, but even his looked better. I get the point was to make it look like gameplay and then throw the AC reveal right after for bonus effect but... that would also have worked with a regular trailer... meh

Sorry if this comes off as ignorant. Again, I'm happy with her inclusion and a couple of games, but a pretty lacking direct imo.
Given how mellow the series is, it would be pretty weird if an Animal Crossing character got big action-heavy trailer.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Given how mellow the series is, it would be pretty weird if an Animal Crossing character got big action-heavy trailer.
I don't necesarily mean the combat, explosions, drama and death kind action. Her trailer was like a full minute of her talking in text an opening a letter. They could have done something cute like the Duck Hunt trailer which had no real 'action' in it either.

Edit: I know my thoughts on this are pretty controversial, perhaps. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, I'm just expressing a thought.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

The idea was cute, it just went on for a little too long.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I don't necesarily mean the combat, explosions, drama and death kind action. Her trailer was like a full minute of her talking in text an opening a letter. They could have done something cute like the Duck Hunt trailer which had no real 'action' in it either.

Edit: I know my thoughts on this are pretty controversial, perhaps. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, I'm just expressing a thought.
Fully with you there. I think if the trailer was a bit more quick and to the point people would be a bit more enthusiastic about her inclusion.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Isabella is about as exciting as Barney being announced for Marvel. It is a kiddie character from a non-action game being put in a game with video game, action pack legends. I think Isabella would have been fine if Skull Kid, Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, or Geno was announced with her.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
^ You probably meant this as an insult but I'll have you know I'd main Barney the god damn Dinosaur in an instant if he was a Marvel vs Capcom character.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am just concerned that we will not get any third party characters in the base game. I believe we only have 2-3 new characters left.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Now now, let's not put down other characters just because they aren't the one we want.

Despite her series being rather peaceful, there's not doubt Isabelle is a Nintendo All-Star and has earned her place.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Isabella is about as exciting as Barney being announced for Marvel. It is a kiddie character from a non-action game being put in a game with video game, action pack legends. I think Isabella would have been fine if Skull Kid, Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, or Geno was announced with her.
I'm honestly getting annoyed at all this Isabelle hate. For anyone that didn't expect the current face of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, I don't know what to tell you. Also tired of hearing "kiddie character" like your avatar is Sonic the hedgehog, what line do you draw at kiddie? Not everything has to be adult, and edgy, in fact I'm tired of that ****.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys think they could implement Rayman's helicopter hair ability into his moveset? Initially I was thinking of it as an Up-B, but then I realised that his helicopter has only ever acted as a hover rather than a way of flying throughout the Rayman series so it probably wouldn't work as well in keeping true to his attributes as a character.

Maybe it could act similarly to Peach's float?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
How do you guys think they could implement Rayman's helicopter hair ability into his moveset? Initially I was thinking of it as an Up-B, but then I realised that his helicopter has only ever acted as a hover rather than a way of flying throughout the Rayman series so it probably wouldn't work as well in keeping true to his attributes as a character.

Maybe it could act similarly to Peach's float?
Like Peach's float and parasol tbh.

You hold the jump button, but slowly descend, let go and fall faster, interchange as you please. You can hold it until you land or die.

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
tbh I reckon Rayman will get the Bomberman treatment. Not just because of this though. It's just a feeling I'm having.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Like Peach's float and parasol tbh.

You hold the jump button, but slowly descend, let go and fall faster, interchange as you please. You can hold it until you land or die.
That could probably be a really powerful horizontal recovery. Rayman confirmed OP before he's even confirmed!

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
In Rayman 1 the helicopter was limited, maybe they will go that route? I would like it to be used whenever you wanted just by holding up after performing two jumps but that can be too much.

Erfly

Smash Cadet
Throwin my ring of support up in here, I've loved Rayman since I was a kid, didn't get a proper chance to play the original Rayman, but I used to play Rayman 2 and especially 3 a tooon.

There’s certainly a ton of stuff that can be drawn from our guy to use as fighting abilities and I see you’ve had some great ideas such as the ones in the OP. I can see Rayman as being a lot of fun ingame, not just playstyle wise but also if his animations are done well, being as comical as they are in Legends or Origins perhaps.

I’m just hoping that with the fake smash 4 leak, the trophies, how close Nintendo and Ubisoft are, and other such stuff, it might be a chance to see one of my favourite characters get into Smash. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Throwin my ring of support up in here, I've loved Rayman since I was a kid, didn't get a proper chance to play the original Rayman, but I used to play Rayman 2 and especially 3 a tooon.

There’s certainly a ton of stuff that can be drawn from our guy to use as fighting abilities and I see you’ve had some great ideas such as the ones in the OP. I can see Rayman as being a lot of fun ingame, not just playstyle wise but also if his animations are done well, being as comical as they are in Legends or Origins perhaps.

I’m just hoping that with the fake smash 4 leak, the trophies, how close Nintendo and Ubisoft are, and other such stuff, it might be a chance to see one of my favourite characters get into Smash. Good luck everyone!
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
Rayman Legends.gif

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice

Welcome to the club! Always nice to see more people getting on the hype train for our lovely ol' limbless hero!

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Rayman definitely needs a hover, even if it is limited. I'm curious as to how they'll handle that in Brawlhalla.

Even more interesting, if he ends up in Ultimate too I'd be curious as to how his moveset differs seeing as how the two dev teams most likely wouldn't have been talking.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I am just concerned that we will not get any third party characters in the base game. I believe we only have 2-3 new characters left.
Being a huge supporter of Rayman, he’s number 2 for me, sorry but my boy Kirby needs his best buddy to get in first, I can see another 3rd party join, but sadly, while I wish it was Rayman, I believe another face will take the spot.

Looking at Nintendo’s trends, I’d say a Microsoft rep, most likely in the form of a Minecraft character, will get in as the last 3rd party character in the base roster. (Excluding Geno as he is tied to Mario) We always get 2 in the base, so getting one would be weird.

I also think we are in for a few more reveals, these are my safe bets that come in the form of;
1) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
2) Gen 7 Pokémon, probably Incineroar
3) Microsoft Character, probably Steve
4) Isaac (Golden Sun)
5) Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
6) Geno (Super Mario Bros.)

As for possible others we have;
7) Karate Joe (Rythm Heaven)
8) Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles)
9) Retro Character (Excite Bike, Mach Rider, Etc.)

Then we are going to have many echos most likely with;
1) Diddy —-> Dixie (Donkey Kong)
2) Ike —-> Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
3) Shiek —-> Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
4) Sonic —-> Shadow (Sonic The Hedgehog)
5) Pac-Man—-> Mrs. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
6) Ryu —-> Ken (Street Fighter)
7) Mega Man —-> Roll (Mega Man)
8) Cloud —-> Sephiroph (Final Fantasy)
9) Bayonetta —-> Jeanne (Bayonetta)
10) Snake —-> Big Boss (Metal Gear)
11) Inkling —-> Octoling (Splatoon)
12) Pokémon?
13) Animal Crossing?
14?) Issac —-> Matthew (Golden Sun)
15?) Steve —-> Alex (Minecraft)

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
tbh I reckon Rayman will get the Bomberman treatment. Not just because of this though. It's just a feeling I'm having.
I doubt they'll add any other AT, didn't they show all of them already or are they still revealing them?
Also please no minecraft, I thought that was concidered an indie game.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Being a huge supporter of Rayman, he’s number 2 for me, sorry but my boy Kirby needs his best buddy to get in first, I can see another 3rd party join, but sadly, while I wish it was Rayman, I believe another face will take the spot.

Looking at Nintendo’s trends, I’d say a Microsoft rep, most likely in the form of a Minecraft character, will get in as the last 3rd party character in the base roster. (Excluding Geno as he is tied to Mario) We always get 2 in the base, so getting one would be weird.

I also think we are in for a few more reveals, these are my safe bets that come in the form of;
1) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
2) Gen 7 Pokémon, probably Incineroar
3) Microsoft Character, probably Steve
4) Isaac (Golden Sun)
5) Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
6) Geno (Super Mario Bros.)

As for possible others we have;
7) Karate Joe (Rythm Heaven)
8) Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles)
9) Retro Character (Excite Bike, Mach Rider, Etc.)

Then we are going to have many echos most likely with;
1) Diddy —-> Dixie (Donkey Kong)
2) Ike —-> Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
3) Shiek —-> Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
4) Sonic —-> Shadow (Sonic The Hedgehog)
5) Pac-Man—-> Mrs. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
6) Ryu —-> Ken (Street Fighter)
7) Mega Man —-> Roll (Mega Man)
8) Cloud —-> Sephiroph (Final Fantasy)
9) Bayonetta —-> Jeanne (Bayonetta)
10) Snake —-> Big Boss (Metal Gear)
11) Inkling —-> Octoling (Splatoon)
12) Pokémon?
13) Animal Crossing?
14?) Issac —-> Matthew (Golden Sun)
15?) Steve —-> Alex (Minecraft)
We won't get this many characters. I think that at most we have 5-6 more characters left in base game. We will have some DLC though. I think Rayman is likely for DLC.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
We won't get this many characters. I think that at most we have 5-6 more characters left in base game. We will have some DLC though. I think Rayman is likely for DLC.
It depends if DLC is confirmed in the first place. If we do, however, I can see Ultimate being a game that Sakurai will support during the Switch's life cycle so the game can enjoy consistent content in an already content-rich game. Let's just hope Rayman is one of those DLC characters.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Based on the theories of the amazon smash collection box, only 2 characters are missing, if we see the previous smash direct, then the new characters must not have a new stage, which confirms that the following characters will be incineroar and ken, these They had been leaked long ago and I think it's true. Now we have to wait for the DLC, because I'm sure that Springman and Rex will be DLC.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
To be fair I basically put your amount. Echoes take much less time as some can literally be just costumes, so expecting quite a few isn’t much of a stretch especially since Sakurai did highlight them.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I believe that too.. even though I'd rather not
edit: this was meant as a reply to Northgard

Last edited:

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
As much as I love Incinoroar, don't we already have a fully evolved fire type? Why add another? I don't even like Decidueye, but that at least makes more sense

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
As much as I love Incinoroar, don't we already have a fully evolved fire type? Why add another? I don't even like Decidueye, but that at least makes more sense
I just don't want another starter at this point, I was fine with Decidueye before Pokemon Trainer was confirmed to come back, but now it just feels overwhelming to have another one, and Incineroar is the one I'd prefer the most NOT to have. I'd rather give other Pokemon from Alola the time to shine, let my boy Golisopod in there, or an Ultra Beast, Silvally would be dope too. Just anything besides what would be a super generic fire brawler probably.

I drew something really nice for my boy Golisopod + Guzma too:

Last edited:
Top Bottom