• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Noipoi

Howdy!
Would any of you prefer a Rayman preMiium to no Rayman at all?
I don't know where I stand on this question. (Obviously, we want the actual character).
If Rayman simply won’t be made playable in this installment, I’ll take the mii costume. It’s better than nothing, especially now that we’re at the end.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Character Honestly
Meaning, the Mii?
I'm not asking who wants the character- that seems to be an obvious answer, in which a realm exists where I also reside.
Yet if that future is not what awaits we hopeful lot, to where would you prefer Rayman be placed- as a PreMiium costume, or lacking entirely from the roster?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Meaning, the Mii?
I'm not asking who wants the character- that seems to be an obvious answer, in which a realm exists where I also reside.
Yet if that future is not what awaits we hopeful lot, to where would you prefer Rayman be placed- as a PreMiium costume, or lacking entirely from the roster?
Just the character himself not the Mii, If he doesn't get a mii while still being absent then why bother.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I was adamantly against a mii costume once upon a time. But, like the others have said, I will take a "pre-Mii-um" (very nice, btw) costume if the possibility of anything greater turns out to be a bust.

...But they have to make it limbless.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Would any of you prefer a Rayman preMiium to no Rayman at all?
I don't know where I stand on this question. (Obviously, we want the actual character).
It depends for me.

Obviously, first and foremost, I would want the character, because getting a Mii Costume would be soul crushing.

However, there's a bit of an exception? If the final DLC character is revealed and it isn't Rayman, than at that point I would just hope for a premium Mii just so that our boy would at least get SOMETHING, rather than not being in the game at all.

QQS

Smash Lord
I know I’m very optimist but I believe that CP11 will be so EPIC like: Crash, Rayman, Sora, Eggman or Geno. And if not one of those, one of them can be a bonus, who knows…

Of course I root for my most wanted ever (Geno) but if not, I’m going for others like Crash or Rayman. Hope they still surprise us with such a Fan Favorite/Iconic/Cartoon character again.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I hope all the evidence we collected over the past year or so means something. And if not, I hope Nintendo ends Vol. 2 with a high note.
Even if it's not Rayman, Master Chief would be a really fitting end to the pass and the entire DLC. An announcement like that would be HUGE.

Of course, I GOTTA ROOT FOR RAYMAN UNTIL THE END!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I know I’m very optimist but I believe that CP11 will be so EPIC like: Crash, Rayman, Sora, Eggman or Geno. And if not one of those, one of them can be a bonus, who knows…

Of course I root for my most wanted ever (Geno) but if not, I’m going for others like Crash or Rayman. Hope they still surprise us with such a Fan Favorite/Iconic/Cartoon character again.
Your optimism is always refreshing in a sea of doubt.

AnAmusingFellow

Smash Rookie
My wife is pretty jazzed for the Shantae costume. She didn't see her happening, but she's glad she got some representation. Music track is pretty cool too.

Now that I think about it, both Rayman and Shantae got one spirit only. I know we can't predict anything, but it's something to think about.
Shantae actually got two Spirits, the other being Risky Boots.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
20210628_095523.jpg

Rayman is either a deluxe mii in the next wave or he's Fighter 11, because COME ON. Sakurai straight up said that these mii's were characters people really want, there's NO WAY they aren’t aware of the demand for Rayman. And like Shantae, Rayman was a spirit in base game, plus Ubisoft has been continuously involved in the DLC cycle, so I have to believe he's coming.

Edit: Also, GG to peeps that wanted Lloyd, Dragonborn, Dante or Shantae.

Last edited:

AnAmusingFellow

Smash Rookie
View attachment 320895

Rayman is either a deluxe mii in the next wave or he's Fighter 11, because COME ON. Sakurai straight up said that these mii's were characters people really want, there's NO WAY they aren’t aware of the demand for Rayman. And like Shantae, Rayman was a spirit in base game, plus Ubisoft has been continuously involved in the DLC cycle, so I have to believe he's coming.
I mean to be fair, Bethesda also has been continuously involved in the DLC, with the Vault Boy and now Dragonborn costumes. Granted they are owned by Microsoft now but Vault Boy was revealed before Microsoft bought them out IIRC and Dragonborn was likely decided on before then (not sure how far in advance Mii costumes are planned though)

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
View attachment 320895

The way I see it, there's two options now.

I will be pushing all my support on Rayman as the final fighter until said final fighter is revealed. If the final fighter is revealed and it is not Ray, then I will push for the next best thing being the costume. Since it's confirmed now that the next character will be the last one, I would prefer it if he got something rather than nothing at all.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Well...
I guess we are in the Endgame now.
If in the end our wishes are not fulfilled, the trip will have been fun anyway.

Sakurai said it would be a little while before the next reveal. Do you guys think working from home is slowing things down or that the character may be pretty complex?
By that I think Sakurai means that we don't expect it so soon. I give it for October / November.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
We've survived once again, but this isn't over yet. Also, NGL, while he wasn't really my most wanted, Dante would've been a really cool addition, so seeing him getting Mii'd was kinda painful. Also, F in the chat for Shantae fans.
I feel really bad for the DMC and the Shantae fans but at the same time I am relieved that they aren't going up against Rayman anymore for the last slot.

Also speaking of, something interesting that I noticed.

Sakurai has acknowledged the demand for Dante and Shantae to be in Smash in the presentation.

SURELY HE MUST KNOW ABOUT THE DEMAND FOR RAYMAN.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I feel really bad for the DMC and the Shantae fans but at the same time I am relieved that they aren't going up against Rayman anymore for the last slot.

Also speaking of, something interesting that I noticed.

Sakurai has acknowledged the demand for Dante and Shantae to be in Smash in the presentation.

SURELY HE MUST KNOW ABOUT THE DEMAND FOR RAYMAN.
I hope so. I would be HIGHLY surprised if Rayman was the last character. I am expecting a First-Party character. If he doesn't make it, I hope we at least get a costume.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I hope so. I would be HIGHLY surprised if Rayman was the last character. I am expecting a First-Party character. If he doesn't make it, I hope we at least get a costume.
I wouldn't be surprised with Rayman being the final character actually. He's highly requested, Nintendo and Ubisoft are still really great pals, and Rayman would make a lot of people happy (I'd put him on the same level as Bayonetta who was the last DLC of Smash 4), and we already got two first party characters in pass 2, so I really doubt we'll be getting a third first-party.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised with Rayman being the final character actually. He's highly requested, Nintendo and Ubisoft are still really great pals, and Rayman would make a lot of people happy (I'd put him on the same level as Bayonetta who was the last DLC of Smash 4), and we already got two first party characters in pass 2, so I really doubt we'll be getting a third first-party.
Since when has Nintendo been adding highly requested characters? I think Banjo and Steve are the only two, so far, that have been added in the DLC pacts. Nintendo seems to be more interested in going after obscure picks to surprise us.

Kritter

Smash Cadet
It's strange. Rayman wasn't a costume along with Rabbids and Altair, but the Minecraft costumes show they have no problem with floating limbs. So why not include it then? Either Rayman is a future fighter and they wanted to throw us off the scent (like the Heihachi costume making no one suspect Kazuya), his costume is coming later (so why not release it with the others?), or he's just not in at all (so indie characters like Cuphead and Shantae got more than Rayman, even though Ubisoft works so closely with Nintendo). I really hope the first option is right--the other two don't make much sense to me.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
It's strange. Rayman wasn't a costume along with Rabbids and Altair, but the Minecraft costumes show they have no problem with floating limbs. So why not include it then? Either Rayman is a future fighter and they wanted to throw us off the scent (like the Heihachi costume making no one suspect Kazuya), his costume is coming later (so why not release it with the others?), or he's just not in at all (so indie characters like Cuphead and Shantae got more than Rayman, even though Ubisoft works so closely with Nintendo). I really hope the first option is right--the other two don't make much sense to me.
It would definitely seem like a really strange omission if Rabbids and Altair Mii Costumes were included and fighter pass 2 ends without ANY sign of him, even as a costume. That would shock me the most that Rayman doesn't appear in this game in anything more than the Spirit he already has. Like that would really be flabbergasting to me.

Kritter

Smash Cadet
It would definitely seem like a really strange omission if Rabbids and Altair Mii Costumes were included and fighter pass 2 ends without ANY sign of him, even as a costume. That would shock me the most that Rayman doesn't appear in this game in anything more than the Spirit he already has. Like that would really be flabbergasting to me.
Flabbergasting is the perfect word for it. I'd be scratching my head forever. That's why I think we will AT LEAST see a Mii costume of him next round, but hopefully a full fighter. If just a costume, it makes no sense why they waited so long.

G-Star

Smash Cadet
Flabbergasting is the perfect word for it. I'd be scratching my head forever. That's why I think we will AT LEAST see a Mii costume of him next round, but hopefully a full fighter. If just a costume, it makes no sense why they waited so long.
Not to mention the fact the Ubisoft went radio silent about Smash, Rayman and DLC over a YEAR ago......

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Since when has Nintendo been adding highly requested characters?
Believe it or not, Pyra (and Rex) were a very popular request throughout Ultimate's entire speculation cycle, especially in Japan. Whether they were added out of fan demand or not is a different question entirely, but it counts for something, I guess.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
This. Sakurai already said how incredibly requested Dante and Shantae were. So there's no way he wouldn't know about Rayman's popularity and demand for him to get in. Let alone would he wait until the last moment to reveal him as a Mii costume knowing that.
At this point I'd be surprised if Rayman didn't make it into the game in terms of anything more than a spirit. Hell, I'd be BAFFLED considering all the hints we've been getting and the fact that two OTHER Ubisoft Mii Costumes are already in the game!

Takasmash

Smash Ace
My guess at this point as the final character is still Rayman. There is so many evidence in Ultimate that hints him as the last fighter. And its a easy guess because Rayman series is not M Rated. Nintendo wants there characters choice to sell the Fighterpass 2 for everyone. Can't really do that with Mature Series.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
This. Sakurai already said how incredibly requested Dante and Shantae were. So there's no way he wouldn't know about Rayman's popularity and demand for him to get in. Let alone would he wait until the last moment to reveal him as a Mii costume knowing that.
Yeah Rayman was easily on par with Shantae in the ballot days so I doubt sakurai doesn't know that Rayman is a popular request as well!

Top Bottom