• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
Regarding his moveset, Rayman has a lot of potential.
However, I've noticed that a lot of people forgot one of
his mechanics, that makes him control so well.

His lack of...

Lag after grabbing a ledge!

Really, the fact that in his main games, (Origins and Legends to a lesser extent)
you can jump immediatly without waiting for the animation to play
feels so great.
If they somehow adapt this into Smash, it would be genuinely great,
and would be a quirk of his.
He would be even more agile.
He would be THE agile character that flies and glides to safety,
detach his fists to punch further, and would be less predictible after recovering !

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Relatively new to this thread. Even though the only Rayman game I've fully played is Legends (it's fantastic), I have a lot of nostalgia for this character through my time on the internet and Youtube when I was younger. I love his design, personality, potential as a fighter, and the world of Rayman as a whole. I would like to be added on the supporters' list, please.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Just recently got back into Rayman Legends. I forgot just amazing the programming for that game is. I feel like a lot of people gloss over the design work put into every single animation of Rayman and co. Just the fact that you can change the jump animation by how you move the control stick is pretty incredible.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The Mii Costumes are either:
1. Soft confirmation of Rayman.
Or
2. The final nail in his coffin for this entry.

There is no in-between.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it’s weird because out of Altair, Rabbids and Rayman, Rayman clearly is the most popular character, yet he is the only one without any Mii costume. That doesn’t match with each other. I’m betting on Rayman getting in, OR getting in as a Mii costume eventually along another platformer character, like Crash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The one thing that still bugs me is that Sukapon AT.

It has limbless physics. And yet you choose to (currently) pass over another character that would make use of them, even though you've mastered the issue?

This makes no sense to me.

D-NbyNXVUAEGfoN.jpg

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The Mii Costumes are either:
1. Soft confirmation of Rayman.
Or
2. The final nail in his coffin for this entry.

There is no in-between.
So its Schrödinger's cat? I don't think that tells us much. At the very least the miis say that Nintendo has made deals with Ubisoft in regards to content for smash some time after or around when the second fighters pass was decided. Knowing that, I would say the Miis are more of a supporting claim for Rayman's inclusion.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So its Schrödinger's cat? I don't think that tells us much. At the very least the miis say that Nintendo has made deals with Ubisoft in regards to content for smash some time after or around when the second fighters pass was decided. Knowing that, I would say the Miis are more of a supporting claim for Rayman's inclusion.
I agree. My mind leans toward confirmation.
But as I said, these costumes are either a soft confirmation or a consolation prize.
Either way, Rayman's fate is decided. We're just awaiting the result.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Gotcha. I don't think I got your point originally but I believe I understand now. I have high hopes. Rayman has slowly made his way to be my most wanted newcomer. I think he has a lot to add to smash in terms of content and tone.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not much of a consolation prize for those who genuinely wanted Altair in here. If it were on-model, he'd be treated like an actual fighter, much like with Sans and Cuphead.

I just hope that Rayman doesn't get a random spirit event. If so, we tried at least.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind this, and take this with solemn wisdom. With Rabbids and Altaïr added as Mii Costumes and when the DLC was Finalized in November, this single handedly has solidified that Ubisoft has been in talks with Nintendo for more than Just Mii Costumes, there is also precedent and correlation with History of Mii Costume and Fighter related Representation has been proven by every Developer Contributor. Going to examples such as:

• SEGA

- Sonic The Hedgehog with Tails & Knuckles Mii Costumes
- Joker/Persona with Morgana Hat, Teddy Hat, Persona 3 & 4 Protagonists Mii Costumes
- Akira & Jacky Mii Costumes from Virtua Fighter who came with Terry Bogard as Fighting Game Genre Reps

• Capcom

- Mega Man with X, .EXE, Proto Man & Zero Mii Costumes

• Square Enix

- Hero/Dragon Quest with Erdrick, Veronica, Martial Artist & Slime Hat

• Konami

- Solid Snake & The Belmont’s with Goemon Mii Costume

• Microsoft

- Banjo & Kazooie with Cuphead Mii Costume (with Music Track Included)

• SNK

- Terry Bogard with Ryo Sakazaki, Iori Yagami, Nakaruru

• Toby Fox

- Sans Mii Costume from Undertale (with Music Track Included

Now amongst All of the Developer’s have a Fighter with Mii Costumes, Toby Fox is a Special exception because Toby Fox has only 2-Games in his Resume but Undertale & Deltarune takes place in the same World with one another. So by virtue it’s a Indie Representation similar to Cuphead but under the ownership of Microsoft. So to that point being that Ubisoft is 100% guarenteed to get a Representative as a Playable DLC Character, and since Rabbids and Assassin’s Creed is officially out of the Running for a Playable DLC Slot along with Ubisoft and Nintendo where in talks with each other, it seems (dare I say) destined to have Rayman be the Company’s official Playable DLC Representative of the Brand like with every other Company Mascot from
- SEGA’s Sonic The Hedgehog
- Capcom’s Mega Man
- Namco’s PAC-MAN
- Square Enix’s Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy
- Konami’s Solid Snake from Metal Gear
- Microsoft’s Banjo-Kazooie
- SNK’s Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury

So take these statistics and facts for what you will but I see this as Evidence towards Rayman’s Inevitable inclusion in Fighter Pass Volume 2, because to me none of this could not mean nothing when this particular and infamous tweet could not have caught Sakurai’s attention prior to the finalization of the Fighter Pass Volume 2 selection

Nick Stuart (@NickAnimal66) Tweeted:
@RayForSmash @GordonForSmash @Akira4Smash @JonesyForSmash @ArleForSmash @NepForSmash @Agumon4Smash @Ayoungspirit1 @smash_quote @DoomSquidKid @IsaacAdepts @datbabygamer @PutCrashInSmash @SteveForSmash @ThsiMy @SKForSmash @ReimuForSmash @SmashLara @DoomguyParody #RaymanforSmashUltimate #HeihachiforSmashUltimate N Nintendo @NintendoAmerica @NintendoEurope @Ubisoft @UbisoftMTL @UbisoftFR @BandaiNamcoUS @Sora_Sakurai @Harada_TEKKEN #RaymanvsLegends #KingofFighters #RaymanRevolution #KingoftheIronFist https://t.co/MoUvHkHJ2B
https://twitter.com/NickAnimal66/status/1184713322219933696?s=20

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
If Rayman does get in, Rayman's theme from Rayman Arena needs to be there, too. Either as a track or the victory theme.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
If Rayman does get in, Rayman's theme from Rayman Arena needs to be there, too. Either as a track or the victory theme.
i'd like to see this in Rayman's Trailer for when he joins, but the most likely options are a track from Origins,Legends, or a remix from the very first game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Saw this on Twitter, which seems like it could help. For example, they could rename the current spirit as Rayman (Rayman) or Rayman (Rayman Legends), and name a new spirit Rayman (Super Smash Bros.).

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Saw this on Twitter, which seems like it could help. For example, they could rename the current spirit as Rayman (Rayman) or Rayman (Rayman Legends), and name a new spirit Rayman (Super Smash Bros.).

F800FA44-CB83-46A3-A9AC-F8B73AAD0192.jpeg

Welp, we’re getting closer and closer for this to be a reality

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I still think Rayman’s reveal tag should be “Rayman breaks a leg!”

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I really hate how people think the witch stage is supposed to be a Banjo hint. Have people seriously never seen a green witch before outside of Banjo-Kazooie?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I really hate how people think the witch stage is supposed to be a Banjo hint. Have people seriously never seen a green witch before outside of Banjo-Kazooie?
Well when it’s
A. Not Halloween during April 2019
or
B. Super Close to be considered a Coincidence towards Banjo & Kazooie’s reveal.
You cannot ignore the impact that led to the E3 Reveal of Banjo and Kazooie 2-Months prior of that Hint

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 260287
Welp, we’re getting closer and closer for this to be a reality
Yeeess dude! I've been saying this for the longest time, & now the Smash team has actually gone & done it!
(base-game) spirits do not deconfirm!

On that note, get a load of the classic characters put through the Ubiart filter with this Twitter art (W.I.P.).

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
When I saw the Rabbids Mii hat costume revealed, that sent the sing IMMEDIATELY to my brain that... Rayman's chances just skyrocketed. I mean, yeah he's a spirit in the base game (WHICH to acquire said spirit you have to battle an assist trophy that shares a similar body type to Rayman, almost as if the AT itself was a test for Rayman's body type), but with recent findings, spirits can be renamed to pertain to a specific game within a franchise.

The one thing that still bugs me is that Sukapon AT.

It has limbless physics. And yet you choose to (currently) pass over another character that would make use of them, even though you've mastered the issue?

This makes no sense to me.

Actually, in regards to Sukapon once again, that always gave me the impression that its inclusion as an Assist Trophy was to test out a limbless body type in-game. Hehe, yeah. :denzel:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Well when it’s
A. Not Halloween during April 2019
or
B. Super Close to be considered a Coincidence towards Banjo & Kazooie’s reveal.
You cannot ignore the impact that led to the E3 Reveal of Banjo and Kazooie 2-Months prior of that Hint
Green witches don't appear only during Halloween tho, there's Carnival too. Also the timing was purely a coincidence. Why would Sakurai even want to make hints about a long awaited 3rd-party character joining Smash when E3 is the time where they make big reveals. He himself said that Smash 4 didn't have story mode because he was upset people were posting the cutscenes on YouTube and other places, so him making hints like this is unlogical.

I really consider this "hint" to be the same as the Chair Theory. Except this time, people think it's an actual legit hint because we coincidentally got Banjo-Kazooie right after it.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Green witches don't appear only during Halloween tho, there's Carnival too. Also the timing was purely a coincidence. Why would Sakurai even want to make hints about a long awaited 3rd-party character joining Smash when E3 is the time where they make big reveals. He himself said that Smash 4 didn't have story mode because he was upset people were posting the cutscenes on YouTube and other places, so him making hints like this is unlogical.

I really consider this "hint" to be the same as the Chair Theory. Except this time, people think it's an actual legit hint because we coincidentally got Banjo-Kazooie right after it.
I guess that treehouse ladder doesn’t mean that it’s a hint towards King K. Rool?
https://youtu.be/L93H7YC-83o
Or a tweet suggesting that his eyes are red With a hint of both The Belmont’s with the Bloody Tears Music and King K. Rool with his Red Eye
桜井 政博 (@Sora_Sakurai) Tweeted:
また何らかのプレゼンをがんばります。日本では比較的観やすい時間だと思いますので、観てやってください!
目が少し赤いかもしれませんが、これは疲れ目です… https://t.co/RBbqTuYRBg
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1026277993470033921?s=20

Sakurai from time to time has dropped hints that could be deciphered to interpretation of what’s to come.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Come on guys, I thought we were over background elements being hints, look at what happened to the Skull Kid people over a dumb couch

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Come on guys, I thought we were over background elements being hints, look at what happened to the Skull Kid people over a dumb couch
Yes I agree, but truth be told it’s worth the conversation to point it out

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I'd be happy to see Rayman. I'm getting sick of realistically proportioned human characters.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy to see Rayman. I'm getting sick of realistically proportioned human characters.
There is Heihachi that I also I want in the FP Volume 2, but yes I Want Rayman equally aswell.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I guess that treehouse ladder doesn’t mean that it’s a hint towards King K. Rool?
https://youtu.be/L93H7YC-83o
Or a tweet suggesting that his eyes are red With a hint of both The Belmont’s with the Bloody Tears Music and King K. Rool with his Red Eye
桜井 政博 (@Sora_Sakurai) Tweeted:
また何らかのプレゼンをがんばります。日本では比較的観やすい時間だと思いますので、観てやってください!
目が少し赤いかもしれませんが、これは疲れ目です… https://t.co/RBbqTuYRBg
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1026277993470033921?s=20

Sakurai from time to time has dropped hints that could be deciphered to interpretation of what’s to come.
First of all, that Castlevania track name dropping right before the direct was a leak, not a hint. It wasn't supposed to happen.

Second, the ladder again, seriously? Nobody cared about that ladder and thought it would be a K Rool hint until the chair theory was made for Skull Kid. Also the red eyes thing was Sakurai saying that he was tired. You don't have to take everything Sakurai says as a hint for Smash.

I'm just gonna post this picture here:
nintendo ultrahand.jpg

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I'm not a huge rayman fan, so I don't really know the general opinion on this-

Do people tend to prefer his older cutesy design or his modern wacky one?
I grew up with Rayman 1 on the PS1 so I kind of prefer his older look.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
First of all, that Castlevania track name dropping right before the direct was a leak, not a hint. It wasn't supposed to happen.

Second, the ladder again, seriously? Nobody cared about that ladder and thought it would be a K Rool hint until the chair theory was made for Skull Kid. Also the red eyes thing was Sakurai saying that he was tired. You don't have to take everything Sakurai says as a hint for Smash.

I'm just gonna post this picture here:
Bro you can call it whatever you like, end of the day that HINT is still legit that justifies it as a Foreshadowing of what we Got at E3 that Year. (Ie. Banjo-Kazooie)

In terms of how he’s identified more, it would be Rayman 2 Incarnation simply because that version was more mainstream and successful of the N64, PS1, etc of 99’ and it made that Character Ultra Popular in the Gaming World with most of the Big Video Game Icons of the 90’s. I’d also say that Rayman was on the same level as Banjo & Kazooie in terms of Platformer Icon

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Bro you can call it whatever you like, end of the day that HINT is still legit that justifies it as a Foreshadowing of what we Got at E3 that Year. (Ie. Banjo-Kazooie)
Once again, not a hint, but a coincidence. But okay, if that's what you want to believe, go ahead, but if you do start believing in one of those "hints" and end up being wrong, then you have absolutely no right to complain about it at all.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only actual "hints" we get are completely accidental glitches that foreshadow specific characters, and most people dismiss those. :ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultswordfighter::ulthero::ultduckhunt::ultbanjokazooie:

And as for actual foreshadowing, it happens in some trailers...like 5 seconds before the characters in relation to them get revealed.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

Oh, by the way the group art got updated.

Last edited:

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678

Hi, I think his first appearance isn't good to go for Smash, but I'd Take Rayman 3 Rayman
over the completely wacky Rayman of Origins and Legends.
I think a lot of people think the same. At least, the dozen of fans I know do.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Rayman 3 Rayman is definitely my favorite iteration of the character. Right amount of serious, right amount of silly. Cool design which has not been altered since besides style changes with Origins and Legends. 3's would definitely be the Rayman I'd choose to represent in Smash.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Rayman 3 is the perfect mix between wacky and badass. If he ever comes to Smash that's what I'd pick but realistically I think we'll get something similar to his Smash 4 trophy

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
It sucks because there's strong evidence for Crash, Rayman, AND Geno, AND they're my 3 most wanted characters... but I feel like it's too good to be true. They can't ALL 3 get in, cause that would be too perfect. A FP NOT being a majority Standard Anime Human Artstyle just seems impossible at this point.

Top Bottom