• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Jwittz is entitled to his opinion even if we do see it as a bad take. He even said he'd take his L if any of them ever got in anyway
The issue is less about his opinion, and more that most of his arguments don't hold any ground. Like, for example, the Rayman argument was fine (saying none of his games interested him growing up) until he said helicopter hair was literally the only thing he had to work with, that's when his justification becomes objectively wrong regardless of opinion so people get upset, and it's the reason why people in this community fight over characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, let me see if I got this right...

The guy is willing to :ultkirby:cide himself if any of his flawed statements get proven wrong sooner or later?

Forget copping out, this is just plain pettiness. There are far worse things to be pained over than whoever gets in a mascot-punching simulator. :facepalm:

He should think long and hard about what he would be about to do.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
At the very least I respect him doing something so brave, even if the video wasn't that good. I don't suddenly hate Jwitzz because he made a poor video, that's just irrational thinking too

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
9EB3E783-0418-489F-A69C-8B559462396B.png

Look guys I’m not gonna sugar coat this but the chances for our limbless Hero for Thursday seems to be Hard to know. So I want to take this moment and have all of us gather here and pray for Our Hopes and Prayers heard as we ask for Rayman to be the Mysterious Reveal this Week. Having gone through the ringer with everyone on defending this beloved Iconic character has been nothing but Hell to me and all I can think about is that there is just a glamour of hope that Sakurai understands the importance of that Character. So let’s make the most of this time to hold on for any slither of Chance we got to make Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Rayman a Reality and no longer a Dream, God be with us this Thursday

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
The issue is less about his opinion, and more that most of his arguments don't hold any ground. Like, for example, the Rayman argument was fine (saying none of his games interested him growing up) until he said helicopter hair was literally the only thing he had to work with, that's when his justification becomes objectively wrong regardless of opinion so people get upset, and it's the reason why people in this community fight over characters.
I guess that's fair

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So hey Ubisoft added some Assassin's Creed and Rabbids costumes.

Seems like they're still willing to work with Nintendo on DLC, soooo.... maaaaybe?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the Odds for Rayman being THE Ubisoft Rep for Fighter Pass Volume 2 Has just Sky-Rocketed by 6 ;)

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
It can be both good or bad for Rayman. On the one hand, it's very good that he isn't a costume and Nintendo is still talking with Ubisoft. On the other hand, If he's a character why weren't these costumes saved for him

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It can be both good or bad for Rayman. On the one hand, it's very good that he isn't a costume and Nintendo is still talking with Ubisoft. On the other hand, If he's a character why weren't these costumes saved for him
at this point, maybe they might want to mix the costumes based on companies so that it doesn't become obvious. look at Banjo & Kazooie.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
What greeted me was FE rep #70, but what got me woke were those COSTUMES!
The 2 other big Ubisoft contenders in speculation. Given. The. Scraps!

Dudes, could this be the tip-off to the grand revelation we've been waiting for?!!?......

*thrilling suspenseful score kicks in*

....I don't know, could very well be the extent of Ubisoft content, but hope for the contrary is running high!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I mean, to be fair, in the event that Rayman does make it in, these costumes were probably made months ago when they were still deciding who would be in the second pass.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
So since now that we got Confirmation that Byleth is Announced for January 28th and 100% confident that we won’t get another Character Announced till E3, With Rabbids and Assassins Creed being (Officially) Represented as/via Mii Costumes, This could actually mean a Massive Hint for like E3 This Year for Rayman to be Announced as a Playable DLC Fighter.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So since now that we got Confirmation that Byleth is Announced for January 28th and 100% confident that we won’t get another Character Announced till E3, With Rabbids and Assassins Creed being (Officially) Represented as/via Mii Costumes, This could actually mean a Massive Hint for like E3 This Year for Rayman to be Announced as a Playable DLC Fighter.
I really don't think we need to wait for E3 for FP6. I expect to see FP6 in the maybe the next direct.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Eh honestly, maybe not E3 but a Nintendo Direct in like a month or two seems plausible. After that, yeah E3.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think we need to wait for E3 for FP6. I expect to see FP6 in the maybe the next direct.
Well I mean we have till Christmas of 2021 till this New Pass is Done so I don’t believe we’ll get another character announced till E3 because of the Spacing of this New Pass, plus E3 has a very significant impact on Big Announcements for Nintendo and Sony (once again) won’t be attending this Year (for reasons I have no Idea why other than just talk about the PS5).

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Well I mean we have till Christmas of 2021 till this New Pass is Done so I don’t believe we’ll get another character announced till E3 because of the Spacing of this New Pass, plus E3 has a very significant impact on Big Announcements for Nintendo and Sony (once again) won’t be attending this Year (for reasons I have no Idea why other than just talk about the PS5).
Just remember that for the first pass said they needed till february 2020, and now we're getting Blyeth on the 28th of january. For all we know, FP11 could release in november or maybe even earlier if we're really lucky. I'm not saying it should be a full trailer either in the direct, just a teaser could be possible like when Joker got announced at the game awards.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Just remember that for the first pass said they needed till february 2020, and now we're getting Blyeth on the 28th of january. For all we know, FP11 could release in november or maybe even earlier if we're really lucky. I'm not saying it should be a full trailer either in the direct, just a teaser could be possible like when Joker got announced at the game awards.
A Teaser absolutely but a full on gameplay reveal is long ways away due to the timing of making these characters is long period

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think Raymans chances have definitely shot up for the second fighter pass now that we just received two Ubisoft mii costumes.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Assassin Creed and Rabbids getting Mii costumes with no Rayman in sight make him a pretty solid pick for the Chosen 6.

Good luck, guys.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Since Sakurai mentioned in the vid that they were officially working on it, and it was filmed in November, does that mean we may hear something soon? Like next month soon maybe?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since Sakurai mentioned in the vid that they were officially working on it, and it was filmed in November, does that mean we may hear something soon? Like next month soon maybe?
That seems like a given. Remember that they were ahead enough of schedule that BK was released a few weeks before Summer officially started. Besides, Byleth is coming out shortly before Feb, so if we hear anything, it would have to be in a general direct a week or so after their release.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, after those Ubisoft costumes I'm guessing Rayman is one of the six. His competition in wiped out now and I don't see why they wouldn't double down on him not being playable by giving him a costume. That's a risky way of thinking when it comes to Smash but I'm sticking to my guns.

I'm also intending on playing Rayman 2, my childhood game, very soon and finishing it this time. It's the inferiour PS1 version but it'll have to do.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The way I see it, it makes more sense that a Nintendo would make a deal with French developer Ubisoft over a character with the side benefits of getting Mii costumes rather than making a deal simply for Mii costumes. It saves time and resources. As all the characters have been decided by now, I imagine deals would have happened sometime last year before or around the time the second pass was announced, which allows the time for (some of) the mii costumes to be finished. Its not a guarantee, but not a leap in logic either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any other company has had mii costume representation without character representation (outside the indie franchise Undertale).

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
This direct was a wild ride! And of course I'm not the only one thinking it's suspicious having AC and Rabbids Mii costumes but no Rayman. If Nintendo talked with Ubisoft for the costumes I'm pretty sure Ubisoft would have mentioned Rayman being the most requested Ubi rep, so they should at least have released Rayman costumes too (Hat, shirt or whatever). So unless they show Rayman Mii costume in the future (which wouldn't make sense, not showing his Mii costume with the other ubi characters), I have high hopes for him being in second pass.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
This direct was a wild ride! And of course I'm not the only one thinking it's suspicious having AC and Rabbids Mii costumes but no Rayman. If Nintendo talked with Ubisoft for the costumes I'm pretty sure Ubisoft would have mentioned Rayman being the most requested Ubi rep, so they should at least have released Rayman costumes too (Hat, shirt or whatever). So unless they show Rayman Mii costume in the future (which wouldn't make sense, not showing his Mii costume with the other ubi characters), I have high hopes for him being in second pass.
Rayman looks to be in the 2nd Fighter’s Pass since we have no Rayman content for Base game other than just (and I mean just) a Spirit which is not right since Rayman’s got 10x more Content than Banjo-Kazooie and 15-More Years of Gaming History than Both Rabbids & Assassins Creed combined

Last edited:

Kritter

Smash Cadet
It's probably been said before, but I hope the reveal trailer for Rayman is simply a picture of him selected on the CSS, and then cuts to Sakurai spinning around in his swivel chair and doing the same pose as Artsy Omni.

Joking aside, the best part of this direct was the fact that AC and Rabbids were costumes but Rayman wasn't. This has to mean he's in. I can't fathom how he was the only 3rd party franchise to get a trophy in Smash 4 and not be in the game, and once again gets a spirit in Ultimate but isn't in. It is so bizarre to me. I think I will always feel like something is missing if he doesn't get in.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Rayman was also highly voted on. I am feeling more confident now. Funny that lately the Mii Costumes have been more exciting than the characters (at least for the last 2 Fighter Passes).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's... a bit strange that two of the most obvious Ubisoft costumes, including one actually related to Rayman, would not be released at the same time as he was. It's hard to reconcile should he really be in the pipeline. To me at least.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I think I haven't posted here since the smash 4 Rayman thread. Anyhow, found it pretty interesting that there were two Ubisoft costumes added out of the blue, and yet, none of them were Rayman. It's quite suspicious, I don't know what to make of it, but I'm hoping for the best!

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
As people have said, it could go either way.

Yes they could have kept those mii costume for the Rayman reveal and pack.
On the other hand, they are from different series.
AC definitely is, and Raving Rabbits are their own franchise now, they are never mentionned again in any new Rayman game, and so is Rayman in theirs.

I can't help but have some hope for Rayman, although I've been very disappointed with Fighter Pass 1...

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Had to come in to join on the revitalized hope for Rayman after the latest Smash Direct. For me, the Altair and Rabbids Mii Costume increase Rayman's chances for Vol. 2 exponentially. True that we have a Rayman spirit in base game, but they could still add a Fighter spirit for Rayman. One such example (going to the roots) would be this:

And if the only things going for Rayman were just these two Mii costumes, but luckily they aren't. Within the base game, Rayman's own Spirit Battle is quite interesting. True that you fight Sonic, HOWEVER, the character that's actually standing in as Rayman is Sukapon; a limbless character, much like Rayman. The choice for this character to have been added as an Assist Trophy always seemed rather odd to me... that is until I started to see it as it potentially having been included as a prototype to test a limbless character model. Sure, Sukapon's movements are somewhat limited, but it's a good basis to start off from.

Moving outside from the game, in recent times we've seen some very interesting collaborations between Nintendo and Ubisoft. I'll list them in no particular order.

- In Ubisoft's E3 2017 live presentation, they revealed Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Although a day or so prior, news of the game had "leaked", the official announcement was made, and even with Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto coming in as a special guest. Both Miyamoto and Guillemot even posed wearing replicas of some of the weapons from the game (blasters). It was really a sight to behold.

- The following year, Ubisoft and Nintendo surprised us yet again with another collaboration in E3 2018 with the reveal of Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Of course, the title says nothing, but it wasn't until they revealed that the entire Star Fox team would also be joining the adventure with their very own missions and interaction with the game's main cast! Ironically, Starlink looked like the Star Fox game that many have wished for for ages. Imagine if Starlink were rebranded as Star Fox, and one could explore the Lylat System just like the Starlink galaxy and its planets? That would be pretty wild. Of course, once again Mr. Miyamoto was a guest during the reveal and Mr. Guillemot presented him with a prototype figure of the Arwing, and Fox McCloud figure.
Oh, but the collaboration didn't end with just the base game. Along with the Crimson Moon DLC that released on April 30, 2019, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy joined the fleet as playable characters, with additional missions!

- Going a couple of years back; in 2013, Ubisoft added a charming DLC to Rayman Legend on the Nintendo Wii U. Rayman got a Mario hat and outfit, and Globox got a Luigi hat and outfit. Rewatching the trailer now, Rayman and Globox do look like wacky versions of Mario and Luigi.

- Lastly, although Rayman games have mostly released on all systems; all of the main line games have released on Nintendo systems. Being great platformer games, I believe he is more than deserving of the chance to be invited to Smash to finally meet up with Mario and the other legends.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
I was really bummed out when the wii u rayman leak turned out to be fake I didn’t really know rayman or thought about him being in smash until that happened. Now hes my most wanted character in smash! I think Rayman’s final smash should be rabbids related why can’t they live in the same world?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never thought Rabbids would be the highlight of a Smash presentation but what a world we live in.

I've heard various theories that Byleth wasn't meant to be fighter 5 and whoever it was got pushed back so Byleth filled that spot.

Ubisoft costumes released with Byleth... now who would Ubisoft costumes have released with that could have been pushed back? :denzel:

Top Bottom