• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Just gonna drop an invite here like I am to all the threads with the imminent closing.

MY group will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/
No offense dood, but that seems like a big argument waiting to happen.

It's been a great run, huh?
And as I like to think: The end of the day is the beginning of another one.
I feel this song is appropriate.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to miss threads like these when they close down. I know I haven't really said too much on this thread, but just know that I've been around for a good portion of this threads run time and I enjoyed my time here chatting with you guys about anything Rayman related. I guess when this is over, I'll also migrate to the social thread and we can continue having good times together!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, the character threads are closing...
Even though our group will live on, I'm gonna miss this thread, had a lot of memories with it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I know I've made a bunch of long speeches expressing gratitude for you guys, but I feel like I should make last one due to this thread getting closed down.
First of all, I want you guys to realize just how far we have come. When this thread started up back in June 2012, it remained a very small group for about a year. No one batted an eye to us and thought we were goners. Although our limbless hero was an appealing choice, there were more appealing third party choices at the time, so Rayman's chances for Smash were put on the backburner.... for now, at least.
This thread got a huge thing handed to them when on July 14, 2015, it was revealed that our limbless hero would be getting his very own trophy in Super Smash Bros for Wii U. To this day, we STILL don't know why that trophy was implemenred, which is part of the reason why Rayman is oh so likely for Smash DLC. The fact that Mewtwo was revealed later on was confirmation in our eyes that Smash DLC was on the tables.
Then the Artsy Omni leak happened.
Boy, where do I begin? The leak was easily the biggest leak to have happened to the Smash community since the ESRB leak. I mean, Rayman? In Smash Bros!? It was a thought many of us here were ecstatic to see finally come true. And we weren't the only ones. A lot of people on social media shared our excitement. So much, in fact, that the leak was even trending on Twitter. The fact that Ubisoft was even going to make a comment on the leak suggested that it was done. Rayman would finally be coming to Smash, and we were sure as hell happy that he was.
That being said, nothing could ever explain the amount of salt being released once it was confirmed fake. Some were giving out death threats to the man himself. Others were simply congratulating him for the amount of effort he put into the project. To this day, his confession video that showed the creation of the leak is at over 900,000 views. It was so well known, Omni decided to make the video series that we all regard as Smashified.
As for us Rayman fans, all we could do now is wait for the Mewtwo DLC and hope that another character gets announced.
When Nintendo held a Direct on April 1st, not only did we get our wishes, but there was also something announced that we never thought would've seen the light of day:
You could vote for your favorite character on the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot.
All of us were so hyped because not only did we not have to wait another 5-6 years for new characters, but the Ballot allowed us to let Nintendo know that we WANTED Rayman to appear in Smash.
To many of us, this was our chance at redemption, and we took advantage of it. Some Electoons made fan art of Rayman, while others (including myself) were feverishly campaigning for Ubisoft's mascot. In fact, a group known as Operation Rayfall was formed specifically to aid our efforts.
We're now past the Smash Ballot, but I just wanted to state just how much we have grown. I mean, not only are we the largest third party thread on Smashboards, but we're also the fourth largest overall, and that's because us dedicated fans went through the trouble of letting people know that we WANT him.
I'm gonna miss you all when this thread closes. I still remember joining Smashboards like it was yesterday. I still remember asking you guys how to upload pictures. I still remember being ACCEPTED as a supporter, and I feel very grateful to be a part of such a wonderful community.
All we can do now is hope and pray that our efforts pay off and that we can soon meet on the battlefield.
To the people that have helped make my stay at Smashboards so enjoyable, I just have this to say:
Thank you.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, since I'm back now, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon or JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , could I get invited to the new thread?

And well, glad to see that the thread is still able to continue, but it's great to see a fresh new start for the childhood hero. Well, see you all on the other side. Thank you, Rayman thread, for all the fun times I had here.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon . I have a question.
When I had an alert regarding the new thread, it let me know what happened to my post, but it didn't give me the link to the thread. Does that mean I need an invite and if so, can I please have one?
Thank you.

Hey, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon . I have a question.
When I had an alert regarding the new thread, it let me know what happened to my post, but it didn't give me the link to the thread. Does that mean I need an invite and if so, can I please have one?
Thank you.
You do indeed need an interview invite. It has been sent. Groups are a bit annoying sometimes.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Even if I didn't post too often on this thread, I'm going to miss this one anyway. See you guys on the other side of the Glade! Try not to fall into the Land of the Livid Dead, I hear it's really nasty this time of year.

Top Bottom