• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Well, more like animated drawn characters with real life people, not real life people with 3D models, like Roger Rabbit kind of thing there. But, as long as the cartoon characters "mesh" with the real life ones, than I guess it's fine.
Oh ok, Would it be like.. "Spongebob Out of Water" or "Arthur and the invisibles"? xD

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh ok, Would it be like.. "Spongebob Out of Water" or "Arthur and the invisibles"? xD
Well, with those examples, I think the Spongebob one would make a better comparison to Sonic's universe of anthropomorphic characters to real live people compared to the later being a bit more "realistic" looking. xD

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Sony is making pretty bad decisions in wanting to make movies off of: Captain Planet, Mario, Minecraft, and not sure if they're making FNAF or another company, cant find it.

0h l0l are they going to make a adventure time movie next?

I actually wish the sonic film was something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtCtQpclpY8
but, y'know WAYYYYYY better voice acting, special effects, and acting

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Sony is making pretty bad decisions in wanting to make movies off of: Captain Planet, Mario, Minecraft, and not sure if they're making FNAF or another company, cant find it.

And Sonic has to appear in more than half of the film.

(I think it appears only 4 mins in that fan film xD).

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752

Warner Bros is making the Freddy's movie.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The only characters that seem like they would be a decent movie in live
action is Samus, Link, Snake, Shulk, Isaac(Golden Sun)
Not to further derail the thread, but a live-action Metroid movie could be REALLY cool.
Done! :p I really want to see which characters are going to be selected from the ballot.
Done and done!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Getting a bit low...

Seems we're just waiting for his actual birthday.

Hopefully something will pop up sooner?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Gold Rayman.JPG

xD Wouldn't it be cool that Ubi made for Rayman some kind of Gold statue of him? or confirm him for MK8.

Just playing around with materials since I don't know much about UV mapping yet.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
In the Rayman Pirate-Community they're playing a forum game where they must manipulate one image, the image of this week is:

And one of them did this:

Sad but true.. (for now).

AndreaAC

In the Rayman Pirate-Community they're playing a forum game where they must manipulate one image, the image of this week is:

I hope the day of his birthday it doesn't end up looking like that.

Also, YAY, I learned something new
RAY.JPG

to put textures on Ray. I just hope I can do that with the other and more complex models of AC.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

You happy now, Ubisoft? How do you even sleep at night?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

AndreaAC

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Maybe it's the program's enhancement, or NVIDIA. And well, it isn't so easy, as I tried it again, and odly stuff happened, and with other models, it is a mess. My teacher said something about "Atlas" UV mapping.

:3 And that looks AMAZING!
NVIDIA, I've heard of this before, maybe Blender has something like that in it's program, too. I should give it a check. But glad that you're learning, that's what I wanna see out of you, as always pal. Keep up the good work.

And, I agree. :3

Last edited:

AndreaAC

NVIDIA, I've heard of this before, maybe Blender has something like that in it's program, too. I should give it a check. But glad that you're learning, that's what I wanna see out of you, as always pal. Keep up the good work.

And, I agree. :3
.u. Um, as far as I know, it comes with the PC's graphic processor or something. and thanks! I hope to figure our some more stuff, and probably draw something since all that "Sad Birthday" drawings is making me feel a little...worried.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
.u. Um, as far as I know, it comes with the PC's graphic processor or something. and thanks! I hope to figure our some more stuff, and probably draw something since all that "Sad Birthday" drawings is making me feel a little...worried.
Oh right, I remember now, that is a graphics card related thing. Thanks for the clarification.

And well, good luck with your next drawing, but don't you worry yourself so much, I'm sure time will give up something good for Rayman soon enough, just wait and see.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like Just Dance will probably be the only thing us Wii U owners are getting from Ubisoft once again for this year. So much for Nintendo of Canada's claim of Ubisoft being on Nintendo's third party list.
http://gonintendo.com/stories/236630-zombiu-confirmed-to-be-making-the-jump-to-xbox-one
I would probably blame Nintendo for any lack of more WiiU games after this year or the next, as it's becoming more clear that they are most likely dropping the WiiU over the next gen console at this point. If anything, Rayman would appear on the next gen Nintendo console if they're still going onto the Nintendo console.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Honestly, I wouldn't blame Ubisoft for skipping a console that has a small install base as well as being difficult to develop on.
Nintendo only have themselves to blame for having bad third party relations. In fact, they should even consider themselves lucky that Ubisoft was willing to develop multiple games for the console.
I still hope for Rayman to join Smash, though. Nintendo needs to realize that their console isn't third party friendly.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Honestly, I wouldn't blame Ubisoft for skipping a console that has a small install base as well as being difficult to develop on.
Nintendo only have themselves to blame for having bad third party relations. In fact, they should even consider themselves lucky that Ubisoft was willing to develop multiple games for the console.
I still hope for Rayman to join Smash, though. Nintendo needs to realize that their console isn't third party friendly.
That was pretty much the main reason why I didn't lash out at Ubisoft at first since it's basically Nintendo's fault for driving away their own third parties. Even they aren't showing much support for their own console for this year, and I have fears it's going to get worse once the NX is announced next year.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Someone needs to tweet this to Ubisoft and the Rayman Twitter.
I'm very tempted to do so. A part of me says no, but another part says yes.
While I love my Wii U to death, I hope the console was a learning experience for Nintendo, and that the NX will actually compete with Sony and Microsoft. Getting the same games as the other consoles as well as having Nintendo's IPs? There may not be a reason for me to get a Sony or Microsoft console.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sakurai has consistently stated that he treats every Smash game as the last, so he packs so much content into them.
With him saying he wants Smash 4 to be the best character game ever as well as saying that it'll be the last in the series, I have no doubt that he'll go out with a bang.
That said, I hope he gets to design the likes of King K. Rool and Rayman before he leaves. Seeing his work on Ryu only makes me more hyped to see what he can do with the limbless hero.

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has consistently stated that he treats every Smash game as the last, so he packs so much content into them.
With him saying he wants Smash 4 to be the best character game ever as well as saying that it'll be the last in the series, I have no doubt that he'll go out with a bang.
That said, I hope he gets to design the likes of King K. Rool and Rayman before he leaves. Seeing his work on Ryu only makes me more hyped to see what he can do with the limbless hero.
I want to see Rayman kick Ryu's ass on the Suzaku Castle stage.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Hey guys, about the NX do you the the Wii U version of Smash 4 of will just get ported and not have an outright new one. Smash4 hasn't been out for year yet and I feel it's too soon for them to do a brand new one. Do you think they'll just keep updating it with having the DLC characters get placed in their respective franchises? and just add more content that wasn't there before?

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Hey guys, about the NX do you the the Wii U version of Smash 4 of will just get ported and not have an outright new one. Smash4 hasn't been out for year yet and I feel it's too soon for them to do a brand new one. Do you think they'll just keep updating it with having the DLC characters get placed in their respective franchises? and just add more content that wasn't there before?
OH MY GOSH! I was just thinking the same thing!

I feel that this is most likely. They might add a new mode like Smash Run/Smash Tour to give it exclusive content.

Who knows? We might even get these guys back!
:icsmelee::popo:

Top Bottom