• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
;3 I like it, well done! xD And don't worry about the hair.
the hair is definitely a bit off but it looks fine none the less :3
Thank you two, Glad you liked it.

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to share this.
Nice drawing, but poor Rayman.
Very nice drawing, but really sad.
Indeed.
And Samus.
Again, indeed so.

Yeah, specially her. If you compare what she got in her 25 Anniversary to what Link got that same year.
You have a point with that. But Metroid is like the new Megaman right now. Fitting considering all the comparisons people make between Megaman and Samus,

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
While I'm not disagreeing, keep in mind that if they did have something to announce, they wouldn't say it beforehand. NDA's and whatnot.
I know. I'm just saying that it's not likely that they would show a new Rayman if they didn't show one during the main conference. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for disappointment again.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, I know what I'm doing at 1:40 and 2:00 (I live in the Central Time Zone).

Knowing how Nintendo's E3 direct went, it's safe to say that it'll probably be on the NX.

You mean the game they'll announce? But they said they won't talk about it until next year.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
You mean the game they'll announce? But they said they won't talk about it until next year.
The NX? I know, it's just that since Nintendo basically gave the Wii U the shaft, it was just an assumption.
If you're talking about Ubisoft, sorry if I come off as clueless, since I didn't watch they're conference.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
They really aren't being all that subtle about moving onto the NX anymore. They outright stated the NX in the direct and the fact that are no big Wii U titles coming at all kind of hints their ready to move on to the next console.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Welp, just looked at Gamespot's website again and the "Unannounced Ubisoft game" was Anno 2205.

No Rayman news at E3 confirmed.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Welp, just looked at Gamespot's website again and the "Unannounced Ubisoft game" was Anno 2205.

No Rayman news at E3 confirmed.
Well, I was right. No Rayman at E3 at all, not that it would make things better anyway. Good thing the Rayman team was telling the truth. Guess we would all have to wait 2 more months until Gamescom comes around.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
In light of recent events, here's an interesting TBT.

Band Land, from what it looks like.

The fact there's nothing to show is much better than something we didn't want to see. Aka, Metroid's case atm.

If something is going to be worked on in the future, than we can just wait until then.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Band Land, from what it looks like.

The fact there's nothing to show is much better than something we didn't want to see. Aka, Metroid's case atm.

If something is going to be worked on in the future, than we can just wait until then.
I don't need to see anything that I want. All I want is to hear them say "Yes, we are working on a new Rayman or we do have special plans for him". A simple yes to any of those would be satisfying to my ears.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I don't need to see anything that I want. All I want is to hear them say "Yes, we are working on a new Rayman or we do have special plans for him". A simple yes to any of those would be satisfying to my ears.
I just hope Rayman being announced in Smash 4 ends up the same way as Mega Man's announcement: Spreading joy throughout the Internet and giving Rayman very special treatment. :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to share this.
Well I'm sad now...
Love the little Ancel and Jade dolls though.
I just hope Rayman being announced in Smash 4 ends up the same way as Mega Man's announcement: Spreading joy throughout the Internet and giving Rayman very special treatment. :)
Same here, I can't wait to see the day.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
We should continue showing our support for Rayman, even if the new game is a ways off.
This year's E3 may have been a disappointment, but I'm hopeful in seeing a third party character at E3 2016.
Heck, I could even see him being unveiled at the Game Awards.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Our only likely hope of Rayman's announcement for DLC would be if someone hacked into the game with the new update and look for unused data while we wait for this August.

Speaking of art support, I'm planning on starting a new art contest for our Rayman-4-Smash dA group, which will show how people will celebrate 20 years of Rayman. I'll post more info about it later.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Your mom makes a comment on the Rayman thread.
(Im someone back then on this thread who was active)
now im a CAPT.P major fan
my "mains" are the earth(ice but still related to the ground), water, wind(hero of winds), fire, and heart for y'know

But seriously, I was really hoping for another Rayman game from the E3 Ubisoft presentation.

Its almost as if Ubisoft doesn't really like Rayman anymore

also for the "realistic" fan art artists, its pretty hard to draw Rayman as a realistic being since it would really be creepy

One more thing:They should really make a animated SSB film with CGI if they might finish off SSB in the future, not to mention after we get all the DLC characters, the veterans seem like pure trash after we got new characters lool, im sure everyone else thought this way, but with a CGI film, its like bringing even the veterans back and showing people their power.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
One more thing:They should really make a animated SSB film with CGI if they might finish off SSB in the future, not to mention after we get all the DLC characters, the veterans seem like pure trash after we got new characters lool, im sure everyone else thought this way, but with a CGI film, its like bringing even the veterans back and showing people their power.
Actually, I think Sony Pictures tried it get the rights to a Smash Bros movie, alongside Pokemon and Mario, but failed. Though I do think they actually did get the Mario movie rights.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Actually, I think Sony Pictures tried it get the rights to a Smash Bros movie, alongside Pokemon and Mario, but failed. Though I do think they actually did get the Mario movie rights.
That was the case,yes. Although I'm not sure if the Mario thing is still a thing at this point, I just hope for everyone's sake it's freaking CGI. No video game movie shouldn't be CGI at this point, from past examples of it not being such being a very good idea.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That was the case,yes. Although I'm not sure if the Mario thing is still a thing at this point, I just hope for everyone's sake it's freaking CGI. No video game movie shouldn't be CGI at this point, from past examples of it not being such being a very good idea.
I think live-action video game movies can still work, you just need to get the right people and put a lot of care into it. Something like Bioshock could work very well in a live-action setting.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I think live-action video game movies can still work, you just need to get the right people and put a lot of care into it. Something like Bioshock could work very well in a live-action setting.
Agreed with you, live-action video game movies could work, but for games like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock. But a movie of Mario would work better in CGI, at least for me (Sorry I remember the live action movie and it.. hurts me)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, I know, I hear people say this a lot really...

I know movies in the past more mostly made for money instead of actual quality, but something "Mario" or "Sonic" or any "masot/cartoonish" character should be CGI akin to Wreak it Ralph.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Agreed with you, live-action video game movies could work, but for games like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock. But a movie of Mario would work better in CGI, at least for me (Sorry I remember the live action movie and it.. hurts me)
Of realistic, maybe, but you need me to show you care, and have actors that can mimic the character they are roleplaying, Andrea would say this for the likes of Shay of AC, you can't have something be as "perfect" as a video game character to a tee. It could be done, yes, but it's not something I can be positive about when CGI, although it's more expensive I know, would just do the same job more actuate to the actual games...that's just my opinion, but if a live action movie could do it, so be it. But I prefer CGI, because it would go better by principle.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If they do the upcoming Sonic movie like the Looney Tunes: Back in Action movie, it will be great (live action plus "I think it's CGI?")
Well, more like animated drawn characters with real life people, not real life people with 3D models, like Roger Rabbit kind of thing there. But, as long as the cartoon characters "mesh" with the real life ones, than I guess it's fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom