• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
OMG, I can't wait to see Rayman for Smash Bros. I need HIM! Just imagine controlling him..

P.D: By the way, any admin could change my year of birth? (It says 2005 and I'm from 1998 lol).

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
OMG, I can't wait to see Rayman for Smash Bros. I need HIM! Just imagine controlling him..
Rayman was, without a doubt, my most wanted impossible newcomer.
Now he's my most wanted newcomer.
I really want him to appear in Smash. It would be a dream come true.
Don't fail us, Nintendo.
Make this a reality.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , I presume you missed my request to be signed up for the list of reporters due to all the chaos that was taking place back then.

I would like to be added to the list of Ray-man supporters.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
:4mario::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic:

Also what do you think of this? I used Inspect Element on the smash bros. website.

Last edited:
I like it, and I think Rayman and Rosalina would get along quite well in the Smash canon.:p

Also, fix'd because six gaming legends.
hmmm I wonder who would get along well now.
:4kirby: likes everyone that isn't food.
:4jigglypuff:basically above but replace food with sleeping people
:4megaman::4sonic::4pacman::snake:3rd party bros.

:4peach:. . . floating?
:4littlemac:. . .punching?

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
:4mario::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic:

Also what do you think of this? I used Inspect Element on the smash bros. website.
If there's one thing I would change, it would be the series logo. The lum looks too big when compared to the lums in Origins.
It's not neccessary, but you could also use the Rayman render with smaller eyebrows.

Rayman for Sonic Riders 3
this is what happens when you reference rayman's board level and immediately after have sonic and rayman in the same art.

Last edited:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
If there's one thing I would change, it would be the series logo. The lum looks too big when compared to the lums in Origins.
It's not neccessary, but you could also use the Rayman render with smaller eyebrows.
ok. I still have the file. The Lum doesn't even look good to me because of how I couldn't draw it. I was just trying to replicate the one Artsy Omni used. I'll edit it though soon.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thanks! I edited it now. His series symbol is the circle on his shirt.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I'm still updating the OP, I reworked the
section with the full list of games. I went the route of detailing the five main games but leaving the rest in a list with links to the wiki.

For now, the only things I have planned to work on are the stage and music sections, and to add a new trivia section.

As always, I'm open to suggestions, and I really want to know how everyone feels about the OP. Is it accessible? Does it have adequate information? Did you overall find it useful? Is it visually appealing? Any details can help to make a better experience.

section with the full list of games. I went the route of detailing the five main games but leaving the rest in a list with links to the wiki.

For now, the only things I have planned to work on are the stage and music sections, and to add a new trivia section.

As always, I'm open to suggestions, and I really want to know how everyone feels about the OP. Is it accessible? Does it have adequate information? Did you overall find it useful? Is it visually appealing? Any details can help to make a better experience.
Personally I like it (especially the new game list). It is very concise and clean.

Maybe a little of the stereotypical "Why does he deserve to be in?"* or "what can he do?" for people not knowledgeable about him but honestly that is more useful pre-release.

*kind of addressed but a little barebones

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Maybe a little of the stereotypical "Why does he deserve to be in?"* or "what can he do?" for people not knowledgeable about him but honestly that is more useful pre-release.

*kind of addressed but a little barebones
I don't believe any third parties, bar veterans, deserve to be in per say, but that doesn't stop Rayman from being my most wanted character. As for "what can he do?" that's covered by the moveset secion, "Rayman Arena." Though I've been meaning to write something a bit more drawn out at the start of it detailing how I imagine his playstyle to be.

Bare bones? How so? The OP is actually quite large when you expand every quote and spoiler. I wanted to streamline it.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Though I've been meaning to write something a bit more drawn out at the start of it detailing how I imagine his playstyle to be..
I hope those Smashified Sprites I uploaded come to mind.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

Are you fine with us suggesting some possible stage and music choices?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hope those Smashified Sprites I uploaded come to mind.
I mean a general idea of how he'll play, as I already wrote up the moveset.
Are you fine with us suggesting some possible stage and music choices?
I'm currently going through the soundtracks of the franchise to pick out the most important tracks (main themes of different areas, for instance) and a few personal choices, I'm on Rayman 3 at the moment. Suggestions are fully welcome, though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I personally really like the OP. As for additions, maybe you could include the arguments against Rayman and answer why they're wrong, the OP in the Pac-Man thread had something like that.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I would love to see The Crow's Nest from Rayman 2 to appear as a stage, with the Grolgoth appearing as a stage hazard.

In this stage, the Grolgoth could function similarly to Ridley in that he will help you when you attack him. His attacks include shooting beams, flying bombs, and jumping up from the background to crush fighters upon impact. However, Grolgoth won't be the only stage hazard. The Henchmen could aid the Grolgoth by shooting beams at the fighters, but will die if they take enough damage. The same goes for the Grolgoth, but much like Metal Face, he will explode and fall through the floor.

Also, I think we can all agree that this should appear as a track:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm sure many will be pleased with the new and improved music section, it now has many tracks, not just a select few!

There's also a surprise at the bottom~

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm glad everyone liked the surprise M. After listening through the tunes, I was baffled as to how I forgot any of them.

It makes me want to play Arena again, honestly. Watch me end up going on a Rayman binge...

Now all I have left is to make the stage section not be terrible and to add a trivia section, should be fun!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, I wish all of you guys a good night. I really enjoyed discussing with you guys.
But until then:
#KeepOnFighting

Top Bottom