• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow
Rayman, Globox, and the Grand Minimus are already the quintessential trio.

Actually, having three "new" playable characters from each of the first three games would be bloody awesome.

Playable Betilla for R1? That'd be the best thing ever, but they'd have to gimp her flying somehow to fit.

Ly is already the perfect candidate for Rayman 2 "rep."

Uh, Rayman 3 didn't really have any new friends, just bad guys...

Speaking of bad guys, such a game is required to be the long awaited return of Mr. Dark and Razorbeard. Andre too. No Rabbids.

RayxLy OTP. Even the devs ship it.
That would be neat for their return, but I kinda thought the fused bosses you fought were Mr. Dark just morphed into them (Since the health bar had his picture), and didn't his spirit burst in the GBC version? As for razorbeard and Andre, they did return in the gba games, but it would be nice to see the two plotting again, although, what if razorbeard did return, and the new game borrowed some gameplay mechanics from the original cancelled R2 game?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux If you didn't count me, I want to support this :kirby:.
You're on it.
That would be neat for their return, but I kinda thought the fused bosses you fought were Mr. Dark just morphed into them (Since the health bar had his picture), and didn't his spirit burst in the GBC version? As for razorbeard and Andre, they did return in the gba games, but it would be nice to see the two plotting again, although, what if razorbeard did return, and the new game borrowed some gameplay mechanics from the original cancelled R2 game?
I'm not sure if the handheld games are canon.

Gameplay mechanics from the R2 prototype would be crazy, but we don't know anything about it aside from that single level.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
YAY! I finished the smashified sprites, I really hope somebody will find this useful.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
To the people that say that Rayman isn't iconic enough to be in Smash, I would love it if they could explain why he has a trophy in Smash, but Snake doesn't.
Let's compare the two, shall we?
Snake:
Has a big fanbase around the world (especially in Japan), had an exclusive game on the 3DS, a fighter in Brawl, Kojima asked Sakurai to add him in Smash 4.
Final Result: no appearance AT ALL.

As for Rayman:

Has no presence in Japan, Legends later went multiplatform, has never been a fighter in Smash, Nintendo ASKS Ubisoft for a sketch of Rayman, but they receive a model instead.
Final Result: Rayman's a trophy.

I mean, it's strange that Rayman is recognized in Smash 4 despite the fact that he has never made a playable appearance, but Snake is ignored to the point where it was as if he never EXISTED.

Of all the characters Nintendo had asked for, it was a character that was non-existent in Japan and was from a company Nintendo didn't exactly have the best relationship with.

I really think he's being planned. There's got to be a reason behind his inclusion as a trophy.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To the people that say that Rayman isn't iconic enough to be in Smash, I would love it if they could explain why he has a trophy in Smash, but Snake doesn't.
Let's compare the two, shall we?
Snake:
Has a big fanbase around the world (especially in Japan), had an exclusive game on the 3DS, a fighter in Brawl, Kojima asked Sakurai to add him in Smash 4.
Final Result: no appearance AT ALL.

As for Rayman:

Has no presence in Japan, Legends later went multiplatform, has never been a fighter in Smash, Nintendo ASKS Ubisoft for a sketch of Rayman, but they receive a model instead.
Final Result: Rayman's a trophy.

I mean, it's strange that Rayman is recognized in Smash 4 despite the fact that he has never made a playable appearance, but Snake is ignored to the point where it was as if he never EXISTED.

Of all the characters Nintendo had asked for, it was a character that was non-existent in Japan and was from a company Nintendo didn't exactly have the best relationship with.

I really think he's being planned. There's got to be a reason behind his inclusion as a trophy.
Snake was the first playable third party ever.

Reminder that I support Snake just as much as Rayman. I'm not in the mood to pit the two against each other.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Snake was the first playable third party ever.

Reminder that I support Snake just as much as Rayman. I'm not in the mood to pit the two against each other.
Sorry, James. It's just it looks.... odd.

I don't know about you, but I don't think there were three Mega Man trophies in Brawl.:laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry, James. It's just it looks.... odd.

I don't know about you, but I don't think there were three Mega Man trophies in Brawl.:laugh:
Reminder that rayman legends is wii u exclusive in japan.

Plus 3rd party rules probably still apply. Snake would be a trophy if they didnt. He would probably be playable too but thats another story.

Rayman is still perfect for smash though.

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow
You're on it.

I'm not sure if the handheld games are canon.

Gameplay mechanics from the R2 prototype would be crazy, but we don't know anything about it aside from that single level.
true, maybe there's some concept they still have before it was scrapped that was never seen to the public? Who knows.
Doubt there's hope at all that the original Rayman 4 concept would be brought back somehow, whether Dark Ray could of been the antagonist or not or they would use the concept art for its levels like the beach side and that clock palace.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So these aren't really worth anything, but I used the sprites to make some of the OP special attacks.

Energy Shot

Helicopter

Telescopic Fist

Plum

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Since Ubisoft isn't exactly being the best supporter of the Wii U right now, I have a bad feeling that the next Rayman game will be skipping the Wii U in favor of the PS4 and Xbox One.

As much as I don't want it to happen, I could totally see Ubisoft pull that kind of move on Nintendo.

Since Ubisoft isn't exactly being the best supporter of the Wii U right now, I have a bad feeling that the next Rayman game will be skipping the Wii U in favor of the PS4 and Xbox One.

As much as I don't want it to happen, I could totally see Ubisoft pull that kind of move on Nintendo.
On the flipside (however far less likely ) ubusoft makes it for the wii u as well as the other 2 systems in order to make amends.
it sounds silly but it would make things better than just ignoring Nintendo completely.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

Nah, I don't see that. I guess you have that feeling because most of the recent Ubisoft games don't get to the Wii U. But nowadays, all those games are rather "mature" and not cartoony. And they already said that Watch_Dogs will be the last "mature" game for the Wii U. So I think they will bring the next Rayman to Wii U as well!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just saying, but you are missing a rayman game in the op

yes this is real.
yes I owned this.
no im pretty sure it was not good.
Why do these kind of games exist? There's even a Ecco the Dolphin game like this. Why?... .__.

Last edited:
Why do these kind of games exist? There's even a Ecco the Dolphin game like this. Why?... .__.
pretty sure they were made so parents didnt think video games were literally satan like they used to. "Video games can be more than entertaining! They can educate as well!" Or something. I mean i dont think it worked too well but it got my parents to buy some. . .

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just saying, but you are missing a rayman game in the op

yes this is real.
yes I owned this.
no im pretty sure it was not good.
Yes, I knew about this, and yes, I left it out on purpose. Yes, I also had this game.

You want a full list of Rayman games?
[collapse=You asked for it]
  • Rayman
  • Rayman Junior
  • Rayman Brain Games
  • English with Rayman
  • Amazing Learning Games with Rayman
  • Rayman Activity Center
  • Rayman Premier Clics
  • Rayman Éveil
  • Rayman Dictées
  • Rayman Gold
  • Rayman Forever
  • Rayman Collector
  • Rayman Funpack
  • Rayman Designer
  • Rayman 60 Levels
  • Rayman By His Fans (made including levels created by actual fans using Rayman Designer, in the 90's)
  • Rayman (GBC)
  • Rayman 2: The Great Escape
  • Rayman Compilation
  • Rayman 2 Forever (GBC)
  • Rayman Revolution
  • Rayman M
  • Rayman Rush
  • Rayman Advance
  • Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
  • Rayman 3 (GBA)
  • Rayman: Hoodlum's Revenge
  • Rayman DS
  • Rayman DSi
  • Rayman Garden
  • Rayman Golf
  • Rayman Bowling
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Raving Rabbids (GBA)
  • Raving Rabbids (DS)
  • Rayman Kart
  • Rayman 2 (iOS)
  • Rayman 3D
  • Rayman 3 HD
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
  • Raving Rabbids 2 (DS)
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
  • TV Party (DS)
  • Rayman Origins
  • Rayman Jungle Run
  • Rayman Legends
  • Rayman Fiesta Run
I probably missed a few.
[/collapse]

Read 'em and weep.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, I knew about this, and yes, I left it out on purpose. Yes, I also had this game.

You want a full list of Rayman games?
[collapse=You asked for it]
  • Rayman
  • Rayman Junior
  • Rayman Brain Games
  • English with Rayman
  • Rayman Activity Center
  • Rayman Premier Clics
  • Rayman Éveil
  • Rayman Dictées
  • Rayman Gold
  • Rayman Forever
  • Rayman Collector
  • Rayman Funpack
  • Rayman Designer
  • Rayman 60 Levels
  • Rayman By His Fans (made including levels created by actual fans using Rayman Designer, in the 90's)
  • Rayman (GBC)
  • Rayman 2: The Great Escape
  • Rayman Compilation
  • Rayman 2 Forever (GBC)
  • Rayman Revolution
  • Rayman M
  • Rayman Rush
  • Rayman Advance
  • Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
  • Rayman 3 (GBA)
  • Rayman: Hoodlum's Revenge
  • Rayman DS
  • Rayman DSi
  • Rayman Garden
  • Rayman Golf
  • Rayman Bowling
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Raving Rabbids (GBA)
  • Raving Rabbids (DS)
  • Rayman Kart
  • Rayman 2 (iOS)
  • Rayman 3D
  • Rayman 3 HD
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
  • Raving Rabbids 2 (DS)
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
  • TV Party (DS)
  • Rayman Origins
  • Rayman Jungle Run
  • Rayman Legends
  • Rayman Fiesta Run
I probably missed a few.
[/collapse]

Read 'em and weep.
  • Rayman
  • Rayman Junior
  • Rayman Brain Games
  • English with Rayman
  • Rayman Junior

....Again....Why are there games like this? ._____.

Meh. But anyways, wow, that's a lot of Rayman games. Never knew we had that many...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

....Again....Why are there games like this? .___.

Meh. But anyways, wow, that's a lot of Rayman games. Never know we had that many...
Don't be dissin' on Pajama Sam.

Because there are children and children are stupid and must learn, and parents are stupid and get their kids things to learn.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Don't be dissin' on Pajama Sam.

Because there are children and children are stupid and must learn, and parents are stupid and get their kids things to learn.
:p I ain't hatin' on Pajama Sam. Seriously, that was awesome. But still, there are some games that just doesn't make sense why it exist. .___.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:p I ain't hatin' on Pajama Sam. Seriously, that was awesome. But still, there are some games that just doesn't make sense why it exist. .___.
If you're questioning learning games aimed towards children...

Let's just say, Japan.

Actually, scratch that. Unexplainable Japanese games are amazing. Like GalGun.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
09-01-15
This date marks the introduction of Rayman 20 years ago.

With the Rayman team confirming that they will be celebrating this milestone, I think we're going to be in for a treat. I mean, there are many ways his birthday could be celebrated, be it a new 3D adventure, a symphony playing Rayman music, some amazing concept art being created for the occasion, and having Rayman become a fighter in Smash.

That said, it's going to be a long time before we're going to be in September. However, all of us here are in this for the long run. We're going to show Nintendo that Rayman is worthy enough to be in Smash. We also need to show Ubisoft that Rayman is long overdue for a brand new 3D adventure. For the next 6 months, we'll be celebrating a gaming legend that is perfectly suited for Smash.

During those six months, we'll fight for Rayman's inclusion in Smash. We'll keep walking even during our darkest times, always optimistic for the future. Because let's face it:
Rayman is a gaming legend.
Now it's time for him to fight other legends.

#KeepOnFighting

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Uh, Rayman first released on the first of September, for the Playstation. It's the Jaguar version that came out on the 8th.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Uh, Rayman first released on the first of September, for the Playstation. It's the Jaguar version that came out on the 8th.
Really? What year was that?

...Well I'll be damned...I never knew the Playstation 1 was released in 1994...one year after I was born... .___.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So you know how I said that the artwork that goes along with his reveal should be him posing in a cardboard cutout with other characters?
Well, I finally found a picture of just that:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Dash Attack, Down Tilt, and Forward Smash.

Top Bottom