• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I am planning on making a visual representation of the OP Moveset using Rayman's Smashified appearance.

Well, I tried. I was going to do this by taking snapshots of the Luigi mod in SSBB and make them into 2D Sprites (Donkey Kong Country Style) but the lack of facial emotions and my snapshot converter software is being very uncooperative.

So I'll leave you with a small sprite sheet of Rayman's Smashified appearance.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So how does the top of the OP look with the fresh coat of paint? I've only updated up to the Histoire de Rayman section.

Just wanted some feedback before moving on to the rest.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux You really could have just asked me to put the new eyebrows on the recolors instead of doing them from scratch.
Here's the new eyebrows on my recolors:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's not much, but here's some sprites of Rayman's smashified appearance. I was going to upload the front of his torso and shoes but ssbbconverter doesn't want to.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I am loving what you did with the OP James, the Rayman font makes the thread look really cool.
Then you'll love this new sig badge I cooked up.

Also...

A full set of stock icons!

At this rate, if Rayman isn't DLC, we'll end up making him ourselves once Smash 4 mods start happening.

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow

Also...

At this rate, if Rayman isn't DLC, we'll end up making him ourselves once Smash 4 mods start happening.
Nice! I've never put stuff like that in my sigs before, do I give credit and link back to you?
....Man just look at that raybow.

By the way, two days ago, the official Rayman Twitter-account tweeted this:

Don't know if it's going to be something exciting, what do you think?
A new game would be nice. But i think legends might be a tad too recent
woildnt be surprised to see nothing worth mentioning.
Maybe some games coming to VC / other console eshops

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
A new game would be nice. But i think legends might be a tad too recent
woildnt be surprised to see nothing worth mentioning.
Maybe some games coming to VC / other console eshops
Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends were nearly 2 years apart. It's been nearly 2 years since Legends. So I think it's ok to think maybe another game like those 2 could be being made.

Or Rayman 4....Nah...

Last edited:

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow

Honestly it could be anything at this point, but ye hoping for a new game at least

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

This HAS to be the year that Rayman is announced as a fighter. It would be such a fitting celebration for the limbless hero.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest that IF it's a new game, it should be a 3D platformer. Right now, we've got three side-scrolling games & only two 3D games... I mean, Legends was awesome, but maybe they should try to mix the style of Legends with a game like Rayman 2 or 3. Rayman 4 was planned & scrapped, so why not catch up on this?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Also...

Love it! Definitely putting it in my sig.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would suggest that IF it's a new game, it should be a 3D platformer. Right now, we've got three side-scrolling games & only two 3D games... I mean, Legends was awesome, but maybe they should try to mix the style of Legends with a game like Rayman 2 or 3. Rayman 4 was planned & scrapped, so why not catch up on this?
Rayman Generations anyone?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was thinking of a third Origins type game where you go through the worlds of the first three games. It'd be a good excuse to bring back characters that have been gone. I wonder if Barbara would still be in it, or if they'd make a new character entirely.

I'm all for replacing Barbara with Ly.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Ha, yeah! Why not? So we've got also some crazy & speedy segments in the game.

By the way, I checked the date of Rayman's "birthday" (the first game): It's the 5th of September 1995. So I guess it's going to be quite a long time till we know what they're planning. On the other hand: They would have enough time to prepare something amazing! Till then, we will certainly know more about possible Smash DLC, which could play in this whole thing as well.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I would actually really like to see Ly playable in the Origins gameplay. I wonder what other characters they could have playable?
Rayman, Globox, and the Grand Minimus are already the quintessential trio.

Actually, having three "new" playable characters from each of the first three games would be bloody awesome.

Playable Betilla for R1? That'd be the best thing ever, but they'd have to gimp her flying somehow to fit.

Ly is already the perfect candidate for Rayman 2 "rep."

Uh, Rayman 3 didn't really have any new friends, just bad guys...

Speaking of bad guys, such a game is required to be the long awaited return of Mr. Dark and Razorbeard. Andre too. No Rabbids.
I just want her back. Period. She's only been in the handheld games after 2 (not including the statue in 3), she should just always be there with Rayman.
RayxLy OTP. Even the devs ship it.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

It's me, mom! They answered me! lol.

I hope it's a new game, I wouldn't like to see a pack of old rayman games. That "great stuff" sounds good.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Actually, having three "new" playable characters from each of the first three games would be bloody awesome.

Playable Betilla for R1? That'd be the best thing ever, but they'd have to gimp her flying somehow to fit.

Speaking of bad guys, such a game is required to be the long awaited return of Mr. Dark and Razorbeard. Andre too. No Rabbids.

This. Period.

And of course, why do you think I said them together? :p

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It's Rayman's 20th anniversary and Super Mario's 30th anniversary, maybe they could do something "together" in "some fighting game".

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's Rayman's 20th anniversary and Super Mario's 30th anniversary, maybe they could do something "together" in "some fighting game".
GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's ***?

MA:
Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)
*Insert crazy conspiracy* What if Ubisoft and/or Nintendo payed Omni to make a fake leak to drum up Rayman hype?

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

We don't know anything about Razorbeard since he escaped in the end of "Rayman 2", in the GBA version "Rayman 3: Hoodlum's Havoc" we see him again, and in the PS2/GC/XBOX version we see his statue and other pirates statues (I don't know if is just an easter egg or it's really him and he ran out of oil [?]).

I would like to see Razorbeard again, he was an admirable enemy, it was scary to me when I was young

Last edited:
Rayman generation probably wouldn't work as well as sonuc did.

Generations worked because they were both speed games with not a huge change in playstyle.

The difference between 2/3's combat platforming is much more different than origns flowing 2d platforming. The giant gap probably wouldnt work as well.

It could work but i dont see it.
also that quote makes me feel like rayman was planned at one point even though i know it isnt true. :x

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
We don't know anything about Razorbeard since he escaped in the end of "Rayman 2", in the GBA version "Rayman 3: Hoodlum's Havoc" we see him again, and in the PS2/GC/XBOX version we see his statue and other pirates statues (I don't know if is just an easter egg or it's really him).
Oh hey. Kinda just came in here all like you were a resident of the site or something, I didn't noticed you just joined today. So, *cough*;

Welcome to the thread! *Insert generic "enjoy your stay" and "don't drink the water" message coming your way*

I hope you enjoy it here.

Top Bottom