• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Judging by the big names out there and what can interest Hex, I'm banking on K. Rool and Shovel Knight (probably the latter).

Also, the eyebrows makes the art look incredibly better. I mean wow, I wouldn't have thought they made such a huge difference and impact on the artwork.

I wonder if the smash team would pull a mega man. using primarily older stuff aka 1-3 instead of more legends and origins stuff.

i would prefer it but who knows honestly. Especially with legends being wii u exclusive.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
So I am gone for a day and I miss Artsy Omni getting in here and him making another really pretty Rayman picture WITH BEAUTIFUL EYEBROWS. What a **** day to not be here.

Even though I am still kinda butthurt you would go through all this trouble just to fool people (people being me)....

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Last night, I must have spent at least more than two hours playing Rayman 3 again on my GameCube! :) Made it all the way to the Land of the Livid Dead, and it's nice to see the power-ups could be used in a Smash Bros. context - Lockjaw being a tether grab like the Hookshot and Grapple Beam... All the glorious colour palettes...

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Oh my, I'm playing through Rayman 3 right now and I've fallen in love again! I changed the resolution to HD, which looks great, even if it wasn't ment for HD at its time. Anyway: I forgot how fantastic the music in this entry was. Just listen to this! For nostalgia-purposes, I throw in an additional quote:

Globox said:
Hello stars, hello nature. What's your name little flower? Rose? My name's Globox!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh my, I'm playing through Rayman 3 right now and I've fallen in love again! I changed the resolution to HD, which looks great, even if it wasn't ment for HD at its time. Anyway: I forgot how fantastic the music in this entry was. Just listen to this! For nostalgia-purposes, I throw in an additional quote:

Glad to hear that. :3 I hope you get to finish it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

It's been so long since I've played through Rayman 3...

Actually, it's been a long time since I've played most of the games besides Legends. Ever since my PS3 kicked the bucket, I've had nothing to play them on (That damn fourth Playstation and it's lack of backwards compatibility).

Yeah, I still have the original Rayman for PS1 in all its glory, game, case, guide. I know I have a PS1 somewhere...

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
It's been so long since I've played through Rayman 3...

Actually, it's been a long time since I've played most of the games besides Legends. Ever since my PS3 kicked the bucket, I've had nothing to play them on (That damn fourth Playstation and it's lack of backwards compatibility).

Yeah, I still have the original Rayman for PS1 in all its glory, game, case, guide. I know I have a PS1 somewhere...
If your computer's not that old, you should check out gog.com. By now, most of the Rayman games should work just fine on most newer models (I know, this is generally speaking, but I expect that gamers don't use something super-low-end like an epc). Rayman 2 & 3 cost around 5 bucks, so this is great value for any Rayman-fan!

edit: Sorry, can't resist. I arrived in the Land Of The Living Dead - and it's too fantastic:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If your computer's not that old, you should check out gog.com. By now, most of the Rayman games should work just fine on most newer models (I know, this is generally speaking, but I expect that gamers don't use something super-low-end like an epc). Rayman 2 & 3 cost around 5 bucks, so this is great value for any Rayman-fan!

edit: Sorry, can't resist. I arrived in the Land Of The Living Dead - and it's too fantastic:

I'm not a PC gamer, so I just have an average laptop. My old one barely ran N64 games and I haven't tried on this one.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a PC gamer, so I just have an average laptop. My old one barely ran N64 games and I haven't tried on this one.
Well, emulation is another thing, because it requires far more resources than a native game that's optimized for PC/Mac.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Inquiry.

Do you think this makes a better banner for the OP?

Or should I just update this one? And if so, what improvements do you think could be made?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ugh. Nostalgia wants the first one. :3 And I don't really know what to add to either one, honestly...
I wanted to use a Rayman 2 styled logo for his name up top, but I can't find one that's transparent.

Other than that, maybe the thing on the bottom is out of place in this format.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Inquiry.

Or should I just update this one? And if so, what improvements do you think could be made?
I personally kind of like the second one better, though I wouldn't mind if you used the first, both look great. For improvements, put the Rayman with the improved eyebrows.

Last edited:

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow
Inquiry.

Liking the first one a ton, but idk, the latter seems better (If you use the new improved raybrows)... The former might be better if the sides of its frame are rounded out with some transparency to merge with the background of the thread.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Well, it's official. I'm the only person who prefers the big eyebrows.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
How stupid would it be if Rayman had Globox and Teensies as alt costumes?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Maybe what it is, is either everyone just got use to the former eyebrows from seeing it so much at this point, or it's due to it looking better on the older design of Rayman (Rayman 3 mostly) rather then RO Rayman. But whatever.

Anyways, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux here.

RayLogo.png

Tried to use a R2 font to redo the copyright mark. If you don't want it there, you can remove it if you'd like. But I hope this helps for you.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Maybe what it is, is either everyone just got use to the former eyebrows from seeing it so much at this point, or it's due to it looking better on the older design of Rayman (Rayman 3 mostly) rather then RO Rayman. But whatever.

Anyways, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux here.

View attachment 40740
Tried to use a R2 font to redo the copyright mark. If you don't want it there, you can remove it if you'd like. But I hope this helps for you.
What timing, I just got back from work. And holy wow, that's amazing! You're like some kind of transparency wizard.

And you have a Rayman 2 font? I've been looking for that to use for stuff in the OP! Could you point me to where it is?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What timing, I just got back from work. And holy wow, that's amazing! You're like some kind of transparency wizard.

And you have a Rayman 2 font? I've been looking for that to use for stuff in the OP! Could you point me to where it is?
Thanks, but it's no big deal really. But I'm glad you like it.

And uhh, here. http://www.dafont.com/rayman-adventures.font

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Now we're in business!

And on to figuring out this font.
Well, in case you need to know, just install in onto your computer, like any other font you have on your computer, and just text anything you want in like Photoshop or something, and make it an image. Done. :p

Oh, and it looks great, fyi. :3

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, in case you need to know, just install in onto your computer, like any other font you have on your computer, and just text anything you want in like Photoshop or something, and make it an image. Done. :p

Oh, and it looks great, fyi. :3
Already worked it out, didn't think it was that simple. And now I have the most amazing font ever on my computer!

Pretty nifty, eh? Think I should stuck with purple?

Top Bottom