• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Understandable. But I'm glad you're back from taking a break. You're doing ok?

And well, this was brought up before but I didn't answer this, I don't really have any ideas for a item Rayman series could have. But...idk, the Red Lums could at least be something like a health item, right?...
Any of the rayman 3 cans? (eould probably be in rays moveset though)

wasnt there a golden fist in rayman 1? There was in the math game of the same style :x increased standard attack damage?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Damn just joined and already telling people to behave. You learn fast.
Telling people to shut up? You'll go far too. (Unless you use that power for evil)
Well this whole page was dedicated to an argument about the demise of Rare. This thread was losing focus and I thought it was time for me to take charge.

I mean, that's my duty as a volunteer sheriff's deputy.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Any of the rayman 3 cans? (eould probably be in rays moveset though)

wasnt there a golden fist in rayman 1? There was in the math game of the same style :x increased standard attack damage?
I felt the cans being a item and a part of Rayman's moveset(if they used them, which they should) would be odd for Rayman's uniqueness factor, imo...

And as for the Golden Fist, yes it was in R1, but all it did was make your punch faster/stronger, I can't remember which atm...I would want the GF from R2, which could shoot a projectile the longer you charged it. But then again, that also could just be one of Ray's moves....

Well this whole page was dedicated to an argument about the demise of Rare. This thread was losing focus and I thought it was time for me to take charge.

I mean, that's my duty as a volunteer sheriff's deputy.
...Not sure if you in RL, or...

no seriously, I'm confused...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I felt the cans being a item and a part of Rayman's moveset(if they used them, which they should) would be odd for Rayman's uniqueness factor, imo...

And as for the Golden Fist, yes it was in R1, but all it did was make your punch faster/stronger, I can't remember which atm...I would want the GF from R2, which could shoot a projectile the longer you charged it. But then again, that also could just be one of Ray's moves....

...Not sure if you in RL, or...

no seriously, I'm confused...
Actually, Dwight Schrute was a volunteer sheriff's deputy in the show.

What are you confused about?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yay let's get off-topic again.

Good ratings doesn't make you legendary, It just means you're good.
So what exactly is the definition of "legendary"? I'm curious. Is Naughty Dog not "legendary"? Is Nintendo? Guess not.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, Rayman 3 GBA plays a lot like 1, golden fist and everything, even Ly and Razorbeard appear
I really didn't like 1 though... Don't kill me.

I don't think they had a direction at the time. Then 2 hit and everyone was blown away. Now all his games are expected to be just as good, because they have a set direction.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I really didn't like 1 though... Don't kill me.

I don't think they had a direction at the time. Then 2 hit and everyone was blown away. Now all his games are expected to be just as good, because they have a set direction.
Well....It was the first game...And well, I liked it. But it was hard as hell...(excuse the language there), so I could understand what was not to like about it or something. But I do agree with the R2 being a step in a good direction...

My experience with 1 was the Advance port, Didn't enjoy that
Bad Idea. Play the PS1 version. Screen crunch doesn't exist.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well....It was the first game...And well, I liked it. But it was hard as hell...(excuse the language there), so I could understand what was not to like about it or something. But I do agree with the R2 being a step in a good direction...
I played the original on Atari Jaguar (don't worry it was my step-cousins) and it just felt generic to me, like everything was just copy and pasted from other platformers.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Was it your first platformer? From the sound of it, you must of played others before R1.
Yes, many others. It's safe to say that my cousins didn't play the Jaguar much. :laugh:
They had an NES , SNES, Genisis, and a Jaguar.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So what exactly is the definition of "legendary"? I'm curious. Is Naughty Dog not "legendary"? Is Nintendo? Guess not.
Nintendo is legendary, they've been around before any video game company you see today and they created the biggest video-game character.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, many others. It's safe to say that my cousins didn't play the Jaguar much. :laugh:
They had an NES , SNES, Genisis, and a Jaguar.
Well, it's fine really, different strokes for different fokes. Since it was one of my first platformers like it was, for the PC no less, it's challenges, colorful scenery, and especially, THE MUSIC, I really enjoyed R1. Got me into the series as a whole...(well, kinda....Damn Rabbids...).

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nintendo is legendary, they've been around before any video game company you see today and they created the biggest video-game character.
So Nintendo is the only legendary company? I'm sorry, I'm really not getting your logic.
Well, it's fine really, different strokes for different fokes. Since it was one of my first platformers like it was, for the PC no less, it's challenges, colorful scenery, and especially, THE MUSIC, I really enjoyed R1. Got me into the series as a whole...(well, kinda....Damn Rabbids...).
it's still a good have to me. But certainly not a classic. It's fun but I'd rather play many many others.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know, Rayman 3 GBA plays a lot like 1, golden fist and everything, even Ly and Razorbeard appear
Rayman 3 for GBA was basically Rayman 2 Advance, the Hoodlums themselves only appeared in 2 levels I believe.

I have a love hate relationship with Rayman 1, while I think the game plays fine, has great music, and looks beautiful, I feel the game can be rather cheap at times.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Rayman 3 for GBA was basically Rayman 2 Advance, the Hoodlums themselves only appeared in 2 levels I believe.

I have a love hate relationship with Rayman 1, while I think the game plays fine, has great music, and looks beautiful, I feel the game can be rather cheap at times.
Yeah, I can understand that. I like R1, but it was hard. I can't stress that enough. Not (Ghost n Goblins) hard, but challenging as heck...

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, you don't get my logic but you get everybody else's logic?!
What the hell? I thought we were having a conversation? I was not expecting that. I'm sorry if I've offended you in any way, it was never my intention to do so. A company being legendary is all opinionated anyways, I was genuinely intrigued on what you found to be legendary. I apologize if any of my posts came off as hostile, that was, in all honesty, not my intentions at all.

Again, I'm sorry.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nice reference to Rayman Jungle Run.
Um, thanks?

But to put these two arguments together, I think Rare perfected the 3-D platformer where as every platformer following Banjo-Kazooie have featured TONS of collectibles and a seamless over world. I don't recall but I think Rayman 3 was this way, correct?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hey guys. Comin' atcha with a potential correction to those ridiculous eyebrows =P Wanted to run it by you guys before replacing the files on deviantart. Thoughts? Suggestions?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hey guys. Comin' atcha with a potential correction to those ridiculous eyebrows =P Wanted to run it by you guys before replacing the files on deviantart. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'll admit, the eyebrows were growing on me, but this is certainly better.

The only thing that I can think of is maybe shortening the length on the sides, have them end higher up.
Or maybe lighten to the skin tone towards the ends, kind of blended in so as not to stand out as much.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Really love how it looks. It looks a lot closer to the actual sprite in Rayman Origins. Though the eyebrows have grown on me, this looks a lot better.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

This is so much better. I love the eyebrows.
Leave it to this guy to perfect his already masterful render of Rayman.

Thank you.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I still prefer the big eyebrows, to me it just makes Rayman look older which I think is pretty awesome.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

So, this may not be a suggestion, but can I ask you what your favorite Rayman title is?

My personal favorite is Legends, but I started out with Rayman 2.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

Mmm...

I like it, but those eyebrows from the last one, though.

the eyebrows were growing on me
Guys, check out James' growing eyebrows!:troll:

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow

Superb!

Real late, but
The first Rayman game I played was The great escape back when I was just a child, probably around 2000 or something?
2 felt so great to explore and the level designs were so pretty, imho 2 might just be a bit better than 3, even though I love 3 quite a bit, it doesn't have quite the sense of adventure 2 had.
Now 1, god I wished I played the original ps1 version, I grew up with advance and man when I finally played the ps1 version it was like a breath of fresh air and full of life, but the frustrations it caused were immense. Just recently I replayed a bit of 1 and decided to cheat my way to Mr. Dark's dare by entering a password with 99 lives....
I finally beat both the level and him with only 20 lives left.

Also, is it just me or does the spiral door in 2 seem visually enticing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So, this may not be a suggestion, but can I ask you what your favorite Rayman title is?

My personal favorite is Legends, but I started out with Rayman 2.
Coincidentally, the only Rayman games I've played are Rayman 2 and Legends! =P I played Rayman 2 as a kid and somehow managed to beat it. Still haven't finished legends, but that's mostly due to a lack of time, plus when I do play it, I like playing it with my roommates, and those opportunities are even less frequent.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Coincidentally, the only Rayman games I've played are Rayman 2 and Legends! =P I played Rayman 2 as a kid and somehow managed to beat it. Still haven't finished legends, but that's mostly due to a lack of time, plus when I do play it, I like playing it with my roommates, and those opportunities are even less frequent.
Can I ask, was it the N64 version, the Great Escape? Or was it on the PS2, Revolution?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Superb!

Real late, but
The first Rayman game I played was The great escape back when I was just a child, probably around 2000 or something?
2 felt so great to explore and the level designs were so pretty, imho 2 might just be a bit better than 3, even though I love 3 quite a bit, it doesn't have quite the sense of adventure 2 had.
Now 1, god I wished I played the original ps1 version, I grew up with advance and man when I finally played the ps1 version it was like a breath of fresh air and full of life, but the frustrations it caused were immense. Just recently I replayed a bit of 1 and decided to cheat my way to Mr. Dark's dare by entering a password with 99 lives....
I finally beat both the level and him with only 20 lives left.

Also, is it just me or does the spiral door in 2 seem visually enticing?
New guy - Don't post multiple (double) times in a row.

Hex - You have good taste.

Top Bottom