• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wonder Red
Chance 1%
Highly doubful as he isn't very requested, he seems more Mii Fighter material
Want 20%
Seems cool

No DK Character
Chance 10%
K Rool does seem to be the most requested newcomer overall, and Dixie was at least considered to be partnered with Diddy
Want: 1%
I have no personal attachment to DK, in fact in games the DK characters are usually my least used. That said, I don't really want there to be no DK characters, I just don't care. Although I don't want Dixie.

Third Party cuts
Chance 30%
Ryu is obviously the most likely to be cut, but all of them have the possibility due to legal reasons
Want 2%
I like Mega Man and Pac-Man, neutral towards Ryu (although I prefer only one character per company). Don't like Sonic though, would not be upset with his absense

Final Day should be a RTC accuracy rating.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wonder Red

Chance - 0.75% - Kinda requested, but in the end has no power. He doesn't have the popularity to punch through.

Want - 45% - Could be cool, but I feel too much appeal would be lost if he was shrunk down.

No DK Character

Chance - 20% - Between Dixie and K. Rool, it'd be rather difficult.

Want - 10% - Can't get myself to dislike it more. Still, it's long overdue.

3rd Party Cuts

Chance - 89.5% - I would be honestly surprised if this wasn't going to happen. Between uncertainty in Namco developing next game, Ryu, and unpredictability in general, I would honestly be shocked if this didn't happen.

Want - 50% - Honestly, I'm torn. I do believe that there needs to be some cycling of characters, and I only really care about 2; the rest I honestly would prefer cut. On the other hand, well, I don't really want the other two cut. It's tough, and would ultimately come down to who gets the ax.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wonder Red

Chance: 0%

Want: 20%

No DK newcomer

Chance: 20%

Want: 0%

3d party cuts

Chance: 50%

Want: 50%

Nominations: Tong Shou Ping X5.

LAST RTC DAY SUGGESTION: Monkey ZeRo and satisfaction rating for the RTC thread.

Wonder Red
Chance: 10%

No DK character
Chance: 25%

3rd Party cuts in Smash 5
Chance: 65% (depends on whether it's port or not, Ryu is the most likely to be axed)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
No new DK character

Chances: 75%

Well Donkey and Diddy, the two current DK characters, do appear in Mario games. Diddy even had his own Mario icon made for him and represents Team Mario in that new Olympics game. While Dixie and K.Rool rarely ever appear outside DKC games. It's especially telling when Sakurai scrapped Dixie and focused on solo Diddy.

Popularity is by their side though.

Want: Abstain

3rd Party Cut: 50%

Sonic's not going anywhere, but the other three are up in the air, especially Ryu.

Who wants less characters?

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Wonder Red
Chance:
10%

Copy and paste:
Wonder Red
Chance: 20%
This is an interesting case...
The Wonderful 101 was a commercial failure for the Wii U, but that didn't stop Sakurai from giving the game representation in Smash. Sales are a factor, but then again we have Ness, who has been in every Smash game despite EarthBound being a commercial failure as well. Also, while the game was made by Platinum games, he is a Nintendo owned property.
The character does have uniqueness in that he could use various abilities and moves from his game, such as attacking with a giant fist or hammer for example.
His demand is mostly western. In the US, there was a poll where Wonder Red came out on top, narrowly defeating King K. Rool. In Japan, his demand isn't as strong.
It's hard to say what impact demand and history has now. Back then, Little Mac was one of the US's most wanted newcomers and Japan didn't care for him, but we regarded him as the most likely newcomer not only because of the hints, but also because he had a successful revival and history. Now that we have a worldwide ballot, this is a more uphill battle as he will have to fight against characters like King K. Rool in order to get attention from Sakurai. That and by the time The Wonderful 101 was released, it was a very young series; it was hard to determine if that was enough for Smash...
Overall, I think Wonder Red has a pretty interesting case, but I think that he will be outcompeted.
I decreased my rating by 10%; 20% was too high.

Want: 60%
Copy and paste:
I am interested in his moveset potential.
I never played The Wonderful 101; I can't find the game and between getting this or the Shulk poster on Club Nintendo, I got the Shulk poster. I've heard both good and bad things about the game, how it is either a pretty good game or it's too complex and even difficult to even enjoy.
If he got in Smash, I would be pretty OK with it. However, I lack a true connection with him.
No DK Newcomer
Chance:
50%

I can see this go either way. While King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are among two of the biggest candidates on for the ballot, Sakurai might not see potential in them as characters (especially when K. Rool got a costume, that is what he might only get).
I want King K. Rool and Dixie Kong.

3rd Party Cut in SSB5
Chance:
80%

If Sonic and Mega Man were cut, there will be backlash. These are two of the most requested third party characters in Smash history; if they get cut, many fans will be devastated. At this point, people will less hope for them to return and instead expect them to return.
Pac-Man, while an industry veteran, could get cut if Namco isn't working on the next game (which I am doubting; I bet Namco will help make the next game). Due to the large popularity and influence Pac-Man has on the gaming industry, I bet Nintendo will pursue to put him in regardless if Namco helps develop the next game.
Now we have Ryu, who is the main reason why this rating is so high. We still don't know why Ryu was added, other than being an icon and whatnot. He could have been added to help sell the game more and promote Smash 4's DLC. As a result, Ryu might be a one and done thing.
So, expect there to be a 3rd party cut with Ryu. The rest, I think will make it in the next game.
I like Sonic and Mega Man; I think Pac-Man is pretty cool; Ryu is a character that has grown on me. If any of them get cut, I will be disappointed (especially if Sonic gets cut; he's annoying to fight, but I love the fact that he's in Smash).

Now, what should we rate next?
Inklings
We locked their nominations because of how chaotic their day would have been, the game is a pretty big success for the Wii U, there were some leaks involving them, and so on. We need to rate the Inklings one last time.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Wonder Red chances: 1.5%
I gave him about 7% or so when we first rated him, but even then I believe that score was too high. His game just lacked the success to make its influence last as of today. And no, "moveset potential" won't save him. Though I could more plausibly see him and his main sidekicks becoming Mii costumes though, especially considering they fit the three Mii types perfectly (Red = brawler, Blue = swordfighter, Green = gunner).

Wonder Red want: 75%
Althought I didn't have the opportunity to give him a vote on the ballot, I think he would be a cool addition to the roster. His main selling point as a fighter would be the ability to switch between fast combo moves and slow attacks with almost Ganondorf power, just like in his game. Plus coming from an action heavy beat' em up, he would come from a genre with no playable representation in Smash (and no, Link and co from Hyrule Warriors don't count), which would be part of his appeal.

However I wouldn't be upset if he was made into a Mii costume and nothing else, in fact I would gladly accept it and probably buy it. It's not like King K. Rool for who I actually had decent expectations to become playable and whose Mii costume reveal initially made me angry.

-----

No expand dong chances: okay let's the the individual chances of more DK characters in my opinion:
Dixie Kong: 44.5%
K. Rool (King or Kaptain): 47%
Cranky Kong: 6.5%
Other: 1%
Donkey Kong is probably the single series with the most requests for a new character due to the fact it has more popular characters seen as worthy Smash candidates by fans than what we currently have with just Donkey and Diddy, so I'd say it'd be fairly surprising to not have any new DK character. Overall I'll give this concept a 27.23% chance rating of happening.

Monkey kroc salt want: 0%
I have a strong connection with the DK series and I'd love to see the series get more of its prominent characters as playable fighters in Smash, and K. Rool is without a doubt the plausible candidate I want the most. If this happens, part of me wouldn't feel fully satisfied with Smash 4 DLC, so no wonder I don't want this to happen.

-----

Third-party cut(s) in SSB5 chances and want: double abstain
I generally don't like giving chances scores for SSB5-related concepts and this is no exception. And for the want score, well, I said several times that I'm being mostly protective against more third-party characters as SSB4 DLC because I feel saturated in a game supposed to be about Nintendo, but I'm actually curious to see how third-party characters will be handled in SSB5 before having an opinion on this concept. In fact I'm open to the idea of seeing SSB5 being labeled "Nintendo VS the world" or something like that if they want to consider third-parties as characters who actually fit in Smash rather than mere guests like they currently are, though I'm worried about a feeling of lack of focus in such a game, and I don't really want to see too much third-party newcomer competition preventing too many established Nintendo-owned veterans to have the time to come back. That said, if SSB5 keeps being only Nintendo-focused with only a few guest contents, then I wouldn't mind Ryu or Pac-Man being removed, though I'd rather not see Sonic and Mega Man cut which would cause a massive uproar in the fanbase.

-----

Last days suggestions: do another "most overrated and underrated" day, it'd be a good idea to see opinions about the accuracy of our overall ratings, and imo the best way to define which characters to rerate the day after. The very last day wouldn't be for ratings or anything, but a special days about confessions and to ask people about their favorite days and best memories on this thread.

Also off-topic but - SUPER MARIO MAKER CHECKPOINTS HYPE!!!

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
We should do another"Most Hype"/"Least Hype" thing
To travel back to good times and see how far we've come as a community.
Kinda.

Or a satisfaction day of all the newcomers for old times sake.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Wonder Red
Chance: 7.8%
At this point, he just doesn't seem like he'll be high priority when it comes to DLC. If his franchise starts getting sequels, I could see him getting added in a future Smash title, but for now I don't think he's a very likely candidate. I'll give Wonder Red a small total of 7.8%, which is a 14.2% decrease from my original score.
The circumstances don't really feel right...

Want: 15%
I'm simply apathetic towards this character. Wouldn't bother me if he made it, but I don't really care for him.

No DK Newcomer
Chance 34.6%
This franchise has a ton of demand for a newcomer right now, and there are two perfectly good candidates to fill the role. I still think that one of them is likely to get in as a newcomer, but not both. Though Sakurai might not care enough, so there's a chance he'll go ahead and do his own thing. Ultimately though I feel that DK is one of the most likely franchises to get a DLC newcomer, so I'll go ahead and give this no DK concept a modest 34.6% likelihood.
About a two out of three chance this franchise will get a DLC character...

Want: 30%
I personally don't really care for either K. Rool or Dixie myself, but I do feel that Donkey Kong could use another representative this time around. The series is light on content, and there's enough fan demand for both characters to sink the Gangplank Galleon. If Sakurai happens to pass on both though, it won't really affect me.

3rd Party Cut in SSB5
Chance: 78.5%
With four different 3rd party inclusions in the game, one of which being DLC, this concept is pretty likely to happen. It already happened when there were only two 3rd parties in the previous game. I'll give this 3rd party cut concept a 78.5%.
It's what happens when you're a guest character...

Want: 22.4%
I think all of the 3rd party characters we have now are great additions.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Wonder Red:

Chance: 35%

Meh.

No DK Newcomer:

Chance: 27%

Give me my fat crocodile and ponytail monkey sakurai :c

3rd Party Cuts in SSB5:

Chance: 70%
Cuts are likely, and it's looking like it may be Ryu.

Want: 8%
But that doesn't mean I want them to leave. Come back, Snake!

Suggestions: One final round of all the heavily requested.

Troykv

Smash Master
Wonder Red:

Mmm... Abstain

No DK Reps:

Chance: 40%

Pretty much my inverse K.Rool/Dixie's Rate

Want: 30%

Inverse K.Rool Want Rate... Why? Because... I want to see K. Rool, but he isn't my priority want, probably I could have a "meh" reaction if he doesn't appear.

Third-Party Cut

Chance: Abstain

Everyone here is a All-Star

I don't have suggestions.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Wonder Red's chances: 15%

I don't really have much to say here. It's possible, and his game got a good amount of content in Smash, but it's not the most successful game out there.

I have his game. It's ok, but to be honest Wonder Red really isn't someone that seems like he'd be a particularly interesting smasher to me. New franchises being represented are always nice, though, so I'll leave it as a neutral.

I think I overrated his chances slightly last time, that's about it.

Wonder Red's chances: 10%

No DK character chances: 10%

I honestly think we're going to get one.

I want both Dixie and K. Rool, I'd be disappointed if neither of them were chosen.

3rd Party Cuts chances: ABSTAIN

It's way too early for me to rate this.

Ryu's one of the characters I wouldn't miss quite as much as other characters, but his inclusion grew on me and he's certainly legendary and unique enough so I'd welcome his return. The other three I don't want cut at all.

I have no suggestions.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wonder Red:

Chance: 5%

Want: Abstained

No Dk Newcomer:

Chance:50%

It's a toss up. On one hand one of the most requested characters for DLC is King K. Rool(also my most wanted DLC character) on the other hand the Ballot is only a sugestion box and Sakuraihe may not see any moveset potential in him.

Want:0%

3rd Party Cut:

Chance:80%

Want;5%

Third Party character negotiations can be quite a hassle as seen with Snake. And I definitely see Ryu being a one done deal just like many other fighter games with guest characters.

Ryu is quite a unique addition and I like to see him stay.

Suggestion: Rating all four current DLC characters in Satisfaction overall.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Wonder Red
Chance: 5%

No DK Reps

Third Party Cuts

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
WONDER RED
CHANCE: 7.78%
WANT: 50.00% (WOW)

NO DK NEWCOMER
CHANCE: 34.20%
WANT: 5.07%

THIRD PARTY CUTS IN SSB5
CHANCE: 63.00%
WANT: 14.89%
So you guys are completely split on wanting Wonder Red huh? I thought about doing a most overrated/underrated day but we don't have a very high voter turnout right now and I'm also worried it could lead to this thread ending on a negative note. Instead I think we should just do all the heavy hitters.

Day 1: King K. Rool, Dixie, and Bandanna Dee
Day 2: Wolf, Snake, and Inkling
Day 3: Most Hype inflating/deflating, greatest memories, and Final Goodbyes.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
KING K. ROOL
Chance: 25% -- Moderate chances, as he's by far one of the most requested characters. The costume doesn't de-confirm him completely, but I feel that it doesn't help his chances either.

Want: 0% -- No attachment to him. Nothing makes me hate him, nothing makes me like him. Would prefer other characters

DIXIE KONG
Chance: 25% -- Not as popular as King K. Rool, but I feel the fact that she'd be easier to implement makes her equal in chance with K. Rool.

Want: 0% -- No attachment to her. Nothing makes me hate her, nothing makes me like her. Would prefer other characters

BANDANNA DEE
Chance: 10% -- Several characters who I can see getting in over him. Not impossible, but unlikely. Yes, I've grown more harsh with how I rate characters.

Want: 0% -- No attachment to him. Nothing makes me hate him, nothing makes me like him. Would prefer other characters

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Bandana Dee

Chance for K. Rool: 20%

Chance for Dixie: 25%

Chance for Dee: 20%

Want for All Three: 100%

Affluent Brit

Smash Rookie
So the end has come for this thread, I see. Unfortunate, as I loved reading everyone's opinions on characters, how much they want them, if they think they stood a chance, and more. Granted, things did get rather dull once there were less characters, but that did not stop me in the slightest. Still, all great things must come to an end, but let us go out with a bang, shall we?

Chances for King K. Rool = 0%
My want for King K. Rool = 0%

-
King K. Rool is a character that so many people want, yet I cannot for the life of me find anything interesting about him. Still, I had to give his chance scores a zero because I think that the costume is a way of just not being good enough. He is shown to be on par with Chrom, Lloyd, Viridi, and others by the looks of things. Why create a whole new model for the costume if you knew his chances at the ballot and how much fans want him. He is not quite in a second Ridley position, because he is not Ridley, but he may just be a character who Sakurai is against. Noone knows that man's mind.

Chances for Dixie Kong = 15%
My want for Dixie Kong = 50%

-
I personally do not have too stong of a connection with that of the Donkey Kong series, having only played Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and Dixie Kong was by far my favorite Kong out of the quatette. The franchise is in desperate need of new characters, and Dixie Kong would by far be the easiest to implement. I can see her being like how Wolf is to Fox. Similar in maybe four to five moves, but otherwise completely unique. She was scrapped back in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, so it goes to show that she has at least been on Sakurai's mind at one point in time.

Chances for Bandanna Dee = 10%
My want for Bandanna Dee = 25%

-
Oh, Bandanna Dee. You would make for a nice edition to the cast, but I personally do not think that your edition will become reality. Sakurai does not like to over-represent his own franchises, and I feel that having three Kirby characters already, and the Dark Pit backlash, he's probably very hesitant to push another character from either one. Still, that has not stopped him with shoving more Fire Emblem characters than we need on us, so his chances aren't impossible.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
King K Rool
Chance 60%
I think the costume does lower his chance a bit, but considering they were made before the ballet ended and we have other characters who both playable and costume, it should in no way be considered a deconfirmation by anyone.
Want 80%
Best potential Dk character

Dixie
Chance 40%
Want 0%
She's more likely then I like to admit, but Sakurai said he's going for fanservice from now on and K Rool's support has only grown since the ballet.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chance 75%
He has a moveset that writes itself, comes from a series that could easily have 4 reps, very popular, comes from a series that Sakurai created. He has no downside aside from not being as popular K Rool and a few others. Despite that he still scores high in polls, especially in Japan as seen by sourcegaming.
Want 100%
KIRBY MOAR SPEAR

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
King K. Rool

Chance: 30%

Want: 100%

Dixie

Chance: 25%

Want: 10%

Bandanna Dee

Want: 5%
WONDER RED
CHANCE: 7.78%
WANT: 50.00% (WOW)

NO DK NEWCOMER
CHANCE: 34.20%
WANT: 5.07%

THIRD PARTY CUTS IN SSB5
CHANCE: 63.00%
WANT: 14.89%
So you guys are completely split on wanting Wonder Red huh? I thought about doing a most overrated/underrated day but we don't have a very high voter turnout right now and I'm also worried it could lead to this thread ending on a negative note. Instead I think we should just do all the heavy hitters.

Day 1: King K. Rool, Dixie, and Bandanna Dee
Day 2: Wolf, Snake, and Inkling
Day 3: Most Hype inflating/deflating, greatest memories, and Final Goodbyes.
I honestly think its only fair that for the last day we rate everyone's favorite trio, The BB Bandit trio!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
King. K Rool:

Chance: 89%

He's one of the most requested characters for DLC and we don't know the mii costumes means for him. And I doubt it would affect that.

Want:100%

Dixie: Chance: 40%

Easily the next newcomer after King K. Rool. Although not as requested enough.

Want: 25%

Bandanna Dee:

Want: 35%

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hi!

King K Rool
Chance: 15% Want: 15%
Indifferent, with maybe Mii and development issues

Dixie Kong
As a Brawl cut character she could have more chances as DLC but she was destined to be an assist character for Diddy as IC or PT
Few chances

Bandana Dee
Sorry but as DLC I don't really mind
Could be a good Smash 5 character but as DLC I don't see too relevant outside from Smash community to a mainstream community as Ryu or Mewtwo

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
We rated the concept of no DK character just yesterday, and now we're rerating both K. Rool and Dixie. What the irony. Anyway, I'm glad that concept got such a low want score.

-----

King K. Rool chances: 47%
I used to be worried about his chances with the Kosplay thing, but if the DLC development team can make DLC stages borrowing musics from already released DLC stages I don't see why they couldn't release a DLC character based on an already released Mii costume (and even Skull Kid in Hyrule Warriors after Lana's costume by extension). Unless it's Sakurai way to say "We won't add him" which is something we can't know for sure, I'm of the opinion that the costume doesn't mean much. If anything it will be used as a joke in his trailer or some relevant pictures just like Roy Koopa and FE Roy. As such, I give him the same chances score as if the costume didn't exist, which is still slightly less likely than not because we really don't know how DLC characters will be chosen and what's happening behind the scenes.

Note that this chances score includes both the King and Kaptain possibilities for his default persona.

King K. Rool want: 100%
I loved his cutscenes from DK64, he's the first potential Smash addition I ever thought of well before properly joining the speculation community, and he's my most wanted plausible candidate. I'm ready to accept if he doesn't make it for whatever reason, but part of me really wants to silent his detractors once and for all because I'm getting sick of them.

-----

Dixie Kong chances: 44.5%
Almost as likely as K. Rool I'd say due to also being a high tier requested character and has the edge of possibly being able to be modeled from another character in thiscase Diddy Kong.

Dixie Kong want: 88%
I really want a new DK character due to my strong connection with the series to feel fully satisfied with Smash 4 DLC, and even if K. Rool doesn't make it I'd gladly accept Dixie with wide open arms. And I don't even think she's be a Diddy clone, she'd be similar to him in the same way Luigi is similar to Mario, in other words, not by much.

-----

Abstaining for in-depth explanations for Bandanna Dee as I do't have much to say about him.
Bandanna Dee chances: 33%
Bandanna Dee want
: 60%

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
King K. Rool and Dixie Kong:
K. Rool chances: 38% drops to 18% if Dixie makes it, we're probably getting one or the other.
Dixie Chances: 43% drops to 23% if K. Rool makes it, we're probably getting one or the other. I think Dixie is slightly more likely just because she was planned for Brawl, and she's more relevant.
Want for both of them: 70%

Waddle Dee:
Chances: 33% He's got tons of things going for him and very little against him other than competition, the guy's the 4th main protagonist in Kirby, is the spiritual successor to the helper characters like Rick and Adeleine, and has a very clearly laid out moveset already in RtDL that plays like a Smash one. Not to mention there's a suspicious lack of Waddle Dee trophies, which is very weird. Really the only two big flaws is that while Sakurai's his creator, he wasn't the one to actually characterize him and the character only became relevant after he left, so there's a chance he'd be biased against him and the other flaw is that Bandana Dee isn't very iconic outside of the Kirby fandom, which doesn't matter much since it would change once he's added. Seriously, more people outside the fandom know who Knuckle Joe is than Zero, who's arguably the series's main antagonist, and Knuckle Joe is literally just a generic enemy, unlike Dee he doesn't have any major roles, closest thing to that is a minor role in the anime, the only reason he is more known is that he's a assist, once Dee makes it in I have confidence he'd become more iconic to outsiders, so that flaw doesn't really matter much either imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

King K. Rool
Chance:
15%

By far one of the most wanted characters in Smash, if not he is the most wanted newcomer. He has garnered so much popularity from his appearances in the original Country trilogy and DK64, along with the cartoon (which I heard is popular in Japan). He also has a lot of potential to boot, making it a bit easier for Sakurai to create a moveset for him.
While these are all helpful things, the main detriment comes from the fact that he hasn't had a major role in years. His last appearance was in Mario Super Sluggers in the late 2000s and Retro has been making new villains for the franchise. Furthermore, while the fans view him as an important Nintendo character, Sakurai most likely thought differently from us, as evidenced by the fact that he has a Mii Fighter costume; he might have considered K. Rool and didn't deem him worthy.
Overall, the chances are a bit steep.

Dixie Kong
Chance:
30%

She has a higher chance rating than King K. Rool because not only does she have popularity and demand (granted it's not as big as K. Rool's, it's still very significant), but she has two distinct advantages:
1. She had a major role in a recent game, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. As a result, she would be more marketable as a character than King K. Rool, especially with some of the casual fanbase.
2. Due to her similarities with Diddy Kong in terms of design, they can easily take animations from Diddy Kong, change some attacks, and create Dixie Kong. This has been done before with Lucas sharing a few attacks and animations with Ness and even Little Mac having vastly different moves while also sharing animations with Captain Falcon.
So, I think that she is in a better position than K. Rool.

Bandana Dee
Chance:
20%

I think that I will copy and paste:
Bandana Dee
Chance:
20%

Now this is a very tricky rating for me to do...
First, the positives. Bandana Dee is the rising star of the Kirby series. He was playable in Returns to Dream Land, was placed alongside Meta Knight and King Dedede for the 20th anniversary game and was featured with them in promotional material, helped Kirby in Kirby Triple Deluxe (where Meta Knight was MIA), and was playable in Rainbow Curse when King Dedede and Meta Knight were both MIA; it's important to note this as Hal seems to be wanting to promote the little guy. Second, he would be a unique fighter with his spear ability; the ability basically writes a majority of his moveset and we never had a spear user before. Third, Bandana Dee has some requests, though he isn't as requested as King K. Rool. Fourth, Kirby is a pretty popular series and is justifiable for another character.
Now, the negatives. First, he's a newcomer, meaning that more time will be spent on creating his moveset. Second, while Bandana Dee is greatly requested, he is still a pretty polarizing newcomer choice; you either love him or hate him to get in the game. Lastly, and the thing that hurts Bandana Dee the most, recent Kirby games barely have any representation in Smash currently. The most the new Kirby games received were some trophies, music, and Kirby gaining a new Final Smash and Bandana Dee himself is MIA. Sakurai seems to favor his older games rather than any of the recent ones...
Ultimately, I do think that Bandana Dee is among the most likely for this game, but he still has obstacles to overcome.
Want For All: 100%
For King K. Rool, I admittedly don't have a massive connection with him. I've played the original DKC and that's it (I also have DK64, but other games are getting in the way). However, I have a friend and his most wanted newcomer is King K. Rool; he was devastated when the full roster was leaked without King K. Rool and when his costume was shown. So, I really want K. Rool in for his sake. That and he could be fun to play as.
For Dixie Kong, I played Tropical Freeze and I loved it. It's by far one of the most creative games on the Wii U and the game was just fun all-around. As a result, Dixie grew on me and I used her the most out of all the characters in the game. I would be pretty happy if she got in.
For Bandana Dee, I love the Kirby franchise and I am heavily disappointed by how poorly represented it is in Smash (no stages from the new games and we get stages from Sakurai-made games? really?). He's been one of my most wanted characters since the beginning of speculation and I think that he would be one of the most unique characters with his spear. Honestly, the only character that I want more than him is Phoenix Wright.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh, a day that interests me. It's been too long.

King K. Rool

Want: 85%

Hey, it's ballot speculation's poster boy again! My rating is unchanged.

Dixie Kong

Want: 10%

Part of me thinks the DK characters in the spotlight have equal chances. On the other hand, there's the still unresolved Mii costume drama for KKR, which would in theory lead to Dixie.

And sorry; she doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as the King.

Bandana Dee

Abstain

Predictions(for old time's sake):

Wolf: 70%
Snake: 25%
Inkling: 25%

Not nominating cause it's pointless by now. :(

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
King K. Rool

Chance - 40% - Maybe I had been a bit harsh on him. While I still think the costume is a hit, it's not a complete disconfirmation. Who knows?

Want - 75% - Not really attached, but I still think it's a good idea.

Dixie Kong - 31.25% - Looking back, it was reasonable to give her this. Nothing really has changed my opinion on this.

Want - 45% - Eh. She's alright, but kinda boring.

Bandanna Dee

Chance - 40% - A bit of a boost, sense there are more characters and I think he's quite likely.

Want - 95% - Yep. One of my most wanted.

Laniv

Smash Lord
King K. Rool:

Chance: 62%

Dixie Kong:

Chance: 57%

Bandanna Dee:

Chance: 52%

Want For All: 100%

Uncle Trump

Smash Rookie
King K. Rool
Chances = 35% (The absolute highest I will go for ballot characters.)
Want = 0% (Not of fan of the DK series.)

Dixie Kong
Chances = 25% (More unlikely that King K. Rool, but still a likely choice.)
Want = 0% (Not a fan of the DK series.)

Bandanna Dee
Chances = 20% (Not necessarily unlikely, but not super likely either.)
Want = 0% (I don't even know who it is. I've never played a Kirby game.)

Shame that I just made my account now, and I'm unable to participate in this game for long. But I might as well get my inputs in before it closes down.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Could it be possible to rate Isaac as well tomorrow? He's the only character in both the top 10 of chances and want to not be planned for a rerate, and I think he would fit perfectly alongside the characters we're rating today and tomorrow. Sure it'd be a quadruple day, but I think it's worth it, and if you can't handle a quadruple day colder_than_ice colder_than_ice maybe someone else could give the results for Isaac's score. What do you think about it?

Besides, I think it actually was right to not do a most overrated and underrated day and instead do a rerate of the biggest contenders, those people are likely to be passionate about thus giving potentially more activity to this thread before closing it. And for the top 10 of chances and want, I won't update it tomorrow regardless of the results, instead I'll wait for the very last day.

And since I suppose many of you had ideas of concepts to rate but never had the time to rate them, I opened a new thread in the character support social group, Rate Their Chances: last opportunity edition. It is only supposed to complement the official RTC, not to be its successor, and will give you a last chance to rate things like stages, musics, balance changes and other non-character concepts. Characters will not be rated though - we already discussed them to death here.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
K Rool
75% Chance
100% Want

Dixie Kong
50% Chance
100% Want

Dee
50% Chance
100% Want

For the last day, we must rate the infamous Pichu and maybe Isaac . #ambitious.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Could it be possible to rate Isaac as well tomorrow? He's the only character in both the top 10 of chances and want to not be planned for a rerate, and I think he would fit perfectly alongside the characters we're rating today and tomorrow. Sure it'd be a quadruple day, but I think it's worth it, and if you can't handle a quadruple day colder_than_ice colder_than_ice maybe someone else could give the results for Isaac's score. What do you think about it?

Besides, I think it actually was right to not do a most overrated and underrated day and instead do a rerate of the biggest contenders, those people are likely to be passionate about thus giving potentially more activity to this thread before closing it. And for the top 10 of chances and want, I won't update it tomorrow regardless of the results, instead I'll wait for the very last day.

And since I suppose many of you had ideas of concepts to rate but never had the time to rate them, I opened a new thread in the character support social group, Rate Their Chances: last opportunity edition. It is only supposed to complement the official RTC, not to be its successor, and will give you a last chance to rate things like stages, musics, balance changes and other non-character concepts. Characters will not be rated though - we already discussed them to death here.
No, I'm sorry we can't rate Isaac. Many Isaac supporters have made it clear that they don't want Isaac to be rated on this thread ever again, I'll respect their wishes.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
King K. Rool
Chance: 7%
I still think his chances are pretty low. The fact that he's a Mii Fighter costume, hasn't appeared in a Donkey Kong game in quite a while, and really isn't all that popular and well known of a character outside of the Smash/Donkey Kong fanbase all make me feel that he's overrated. I'll give the King a small total of 7%, which is neither a rise or drop from my previous rating.
I'm not setting my expectations too high...

I don't really care for him, but like I've said multiple times I think the Donkey Kong franchise deserves another playable character on the roster. The series is light on content, and there are two perfectly viable candidates to fill the roll. Speaking of which...

Dixie Kong
Chance: 73%
Needless to say, I see Dixie Kong as the more likely DK candidate between the two. She's got a decent Smash following, has appeared in the most recent Donkey Kong game on the Wii U as a major role, is easily recognizable by the general audience outside of the DK fanbase, was planned for Brawl so she's definitely been on Sakurai's mind before, and to top it all off she can easily share some assets from Diddy Kong to make her easier to create. With a smaller development team working on DLC, Dixie seems to me like she would be a tempting character to create and sell as playable DLC. I'll give the chimpanzee a solid score of 73%, which is neither a rise or drop from my previous rating.
In my eyes, Dixie basically has everything going for her...

Want: 47%
If I had to choose between K. Rool and Dixie, Dixie is honestly my personal preference. I'm not really attached to either though, so it ultimately wouldn't affect me if Sakurai passed on both characters. I just think the Donkey Kong franchise deserves a newcomer in general. But then there's a franchise that I don't feel really needs a newcomer...

Bandana Dee
Chance: 8.2%
About a year ago I never thought that Bandana Dee would ever be considered a "heavy hitter." The Kirby franchise seems well represented aside from newer titles not getting all that much outside of Kirby's new Final Smash. It still has a good amount of representation though; better than a lot of franchises currently in Smash. It got a new stage on both versions, it has a couple returning stages (one being DLC), and it has plenty of item and music representation. Considering Bandana Dee became a character in more of the recent Kirby games, I don't think Sakurai is all that interested in him. Not to mention that most people would probably see Bandana Dee as enemy fodder similar to a Goomba instead of an actual character if he got announced. I'll give the spear wielder 8.2%, which is a 6% decrease from my previous rating.
Bandana Dee is still the most likely Kirby representative we could get though...

Want: 26.1%
I wouldn't necessarily mind his inclusion. I'm just not that interested.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
King K. Rool

Chance: 55%

Pretty much the ballot feels like a opportunity for the DK Reps that don't get a chance before. The most beloved and wanted character in general in the Ballot

Want: 70%

The fandom makes me like the idea.

Dixie Kong:

Chance 55%

*Insert K. Rool argument here, but with "a easier wait to please the DK Fanbase" instead*

MEH!... I don't have a particular reason to like this character in the game, it feel like just a reason to have a new DK Rep... I don't feel anything special about her.

Bandana Dee

I will give him a good shoot because he is decent fanbase in the Western and his big following in Japanese Fanbase.

Want: 80%

Hey! I like Kirby's games, it's my childhood's favorite. And personally I could like his moveset.

Oh wow... I don't think that is a good idea anyway.

EliteXit

Smash Cadet
King K Rool:

Dixie Kong:
Chance: 55%

Bandana Dee:
Want: 70%

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
No explanations this time, I'm afraid.

King K. Rool's chances: 45%

Dixie Kong's chances: 45%

Bandana Dee's chances: 20%
Want: 5%

Just going to do chances today.

K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
These two could go either way with similar probability. In a happy world, both make it into Smash one way or another, but for DLC I think there will only be one. Between the two, I prefer Dixie by a hair, but I wouldn't be disappointed to see K. Rool, either.

Waddle Dee: 25%
Although it debuted in Kirby Super Star - Sakurai's favorite - its ascension to playable/recurring character is a hallmark of the newer era of Kirby that Sakurai shuns time and time again. In other words, bias could hurt Dee, unless the man in charge is agreeing to put all prejudice aside and pick characters from the ballot who are demonstrably wanted.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
King K. Rool
Chance: 70%
Want: 55%