• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Asuka:
DOUBLE ZEROES

SSB4 DLC in SSB5:
Chance: 75%
I don't see why not.

Want: 100%
Now that everyone's favorite characters are in, lets hope they don't get removed.

Predictions:
Saki - 0.62%
7+ DLC Characters - 67.2%

Noms:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x 5 (I hope he's high enough to get rated before the end now)

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the double posts, but this one is so different I thought it was best to separate it.

Personally, I think Professor Layton is the most Underrated character for Smash DLC. Sure, he's kinda popular, but never really considered among the big hitters, in both want and chance. Despite this, I think he is a very likely DLC character, as well as a great choice.

The main reason I think Layton is likely is that he is the only character who we have probable evidence for getting in. Chris Miller, Layton's English Voice Actor, said on Twitter a while ago (you may remember the whole kerfuffle) that he thought he had voiced lines for smash. This went 'viral' very quickly, causing Miller to retract the statement, and saying he didn't know for sure, but hoped he was in. The most important part of this though, and the part that most people don't know, is that Miller said, in a more private way on twitter, that he had done two voice acting sessions for Layton which he didn't know the reason for. Since the Layton series has ended, this means it must have been for other games, one likely candidate of which is Smash. No other character had evidence as strong as this, yet people rank their chances higher.

Secondly, Layton has many other factors which increase his probability. Despite the fact he's third party, Level 5 has a very strong relationship with Nintendo, as evidenced by the recent push for Yokai Watch. On top of this, many of Level 5's games are Nintendo exclusives, including all of the main series Layton games. Nintendo even published them in North America and Europe. Layton is also an iconic figure in terms of the DS, an underrepresented console in smash. Layton was even included in the booklet showcasing mainly first party games in DS cases, as well as being almost front and center on the European Nintendo site for a while.

Many people bring Layton's 'lack of iconic status' into the fold, but I feel that Layton has enough support for Sakurai to consider him in the ballot, as well as enough affiliation with Nintendo to get around this.

Some other, more minor points include the fact that the Layton games are shown to be more popular than average among female gamers, which may be something Sakurai is looking to encourage (as shown by the fact you have to select your gender in the ballot). Also, Layton is popular all around the world, even being rated among the top video game characters in Japan a couple of years ago, and making Layton seem more likely than characters such as Shovel Knight (whose game hasn't realeased in Japan, not to mention only having one, non-exclusive game). Level 5 has also expressed interest in having Layton in Smash, as well as both Iwata and Miyamoto saying that they like the series.

Overall, I think I have shown here why Layton is, in my opinion, a very underrated character. Please feel free to argue against what I've said, I would like to hear any other opinions on the matter.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Asuka:

Chance and Want: 0%

SSB4 DLC in SSB5:

Chance: 63%

Predictions for Saki: 0% Chance, 47% Want
Predictions for 7+ DLC Characters: 33% Chance, 98% Want

Nominate Roll x 5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Using my noms on Skull Kid, but I'm not sure if there's much point. I'm kinda out of the loop on things, is the character board closing again?

Anyway
Asuka 0%

Smash4 DLC in Vanilla Smash5
I originally wanted to rate each character separately so I'm not sure if we're rating all of them getting in or at least one, either way, I'm rating at least one.
Chance 75%
Its hard to imagine them bring ing back these beloved veterans only for them to be left out again, and Mewtwo has so much popularity that it would probably cause a riot if he were left out.
Want 99%
Just as long as Greninja gets in first :p

Predictions
Saki 2.1%
7+ DLC 75%

Nominate Skull Kid with all my noms.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Concept: No DK Reps x15
Alright, since this concept doesn't need 30 nominations today to be rated the day after tomorrow, I'll only give five nominations to this concept (instead of giving it all my 15 nominations) and instead use my extra ten for Wonder Red.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Asuka

Chance: 0%

Obscure, controversial, minimal requests, and suffering more extreme levels than Bayonetta. I can't see her selling well as DLC with non-fans for these reasons alone and the creator is a bit more biased with the Vita anyways

Want: 80%

I'll admit, Asuka isn't one of my favorite characters from the series and I grew to like the games thanks to a certain lover friend introducing me to them. Despite the oh so controversial fanservice that would trigger the most common of feminazis, I actually found the game a nice beat em up and the plot (not that type of plot you perverts) is surprisingly enjoyable for what many would call a ecchi game. Plus, all reviews are bound to have their heads up their ***es when it comes to rating niche titles (Cough cough God Hand cough cough Bayonetta 2 cough).

I will be willing to give her a chance since some elements of the gameplay can easily match up with Smash if used right. Aerial Raves being great way to trap your opponents in the air and some real twin swordsmanship that would make Lloyd jealous. She's a funny, courageous, her conflict with Homura in the first game was pretty interesting, and I would definitely buy her if she were DLC. Just put blackness under the skirt like the princesses, avoid the dress break mechanic (it's not really need for Smash in the first place), and don't go overboard with trying to add the games' infamous jiggle physics. That way, she could have little problem maintaining the game's rating since she's no worse than potty mouths like Conker and Travis Touchdown.

Smash4 DLC in Vanilla Smash5

Chance 75%
Most DLC so far had been well received and sold pretty well amounts the fanbase. So it would be crazy for Sakurai to not do this with them, though Ryu might be a bit riskier due to licensing.

Want 99%
Just do it Sakurai!

Predictions
Saki 2%
7+ DLC 72%

Nominate Lanky with my last ten nominations.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Couldn't have said it better myself Azure, but you were being bait too generous on the feminazis part since Tumblr deserves it's fair share of criticisms. Anyways, on to the big whoop about why an "ecchi" character for Smash.

Asuka

It is true, she lacks the request to even warrant getting any attention and it took four years just for the total sales of Senran Kagura to reach one million (mostly due to late localization and the first game being limited to digital release in the U.S.). And I can see why promoting a character from a mature game would be a big issue, since Metal Gear's themes are nothing to scoff at if you compare to the two. The only real problem against would be the sexuality since I've heard certain characters had to be reedited just to meet the A rating in Japan. That right, even Sakurai hates the idea that he had to censor undergarments just for the game to be shipped to the main Nintendo audience. I bet that some of you are even in severe shock over this.

Anyways, there's also the fact that most games can easily be found on a Vita and it makes the former Nintendo exclusivity of the first game irrelevant. Of course a certain Street Fighter would get a free pass since his first Nintendo appearance would be a hit and iconic throughout the 90's. While Senran Kagura is reviled by the public due to being a "pandering game with little deep mechanics or value" when it isn't event true. Then games are actually pretty descent for handheld beat em ups despite what the BS reviewers say and the characters don't have to be super deep like Snake in order to be likable. Other beat em up starts like Captain Commando and Axel Stone aren't famous for their personalities yet fans welcomed them with open arms in the past.

So she has more then enough problems and a ninja ain't one. Poor misguided kunoichi.

Senran Kagura was one game series that I didn't expect to like because I heard talk of how the combat was bad and fanservice was the only thing they had going for it. That was until I actually bought the game myself and instantly feel in love with it as years went by. Framerate issues aside, I was one hell of a game that I would be addicted into for weeks and I would always play it whenever I am traveling despite the curious glances of some prudes. The visual novel way of story telling was something i found instantly appealing (since I do play these once in my life), the characters have some fun personalities while not being as cookie cutter as the Deadly Six (Sorry Azure), and the costumes were as appealing as what you see in Dead or Alive (another favorite franchise of mines) despite being "sexist". As a young Banana Bender (someone from Queensland) woman who grew up in the world of gaming since I was a kid, I saw literally nothing offensive nor wrong with what was in the games and viewed them as charming due to their over the top way of handling the fanservice. Besides, aren't kunoichi all about seducing their targets with sex appeal anyways? Hell, I'm even planning on dressing up as Katsuragi for Halloween this year since many aspects of her character easily relates to me on a personal level. Long story short, NEVER trust the **** reviewers say since they don't even know what they are talking about half of the time (Too sexist for the average female gamer my butt)

Asuka would be a nimble character that's all about tricks and air control unlike Grenjina and she would easily be the worst nightmare to your average Zero Suit Samus and Rosalina player (Cross Slash and Toad Summon all the way). She's a cool character with a great design (school girl outfit aside), her connection with the Hebijo student Homura easily contracts the plot in every game, and she does have the potential to be a very well received character with newcomers with the right coat of Nintendo paint. Azure already covered all the points needed for the proper censorship and Sakurai would need to do that anyways become of that aforementioned article I've referenced. If we can have princesses beating Mario to death in dresses, the how about having a nimble female ninja kicking *** in a skirt like a boss.

So the more Senran Kagura the love, the better. Asuka would be my most hyped newcomer in Smash and one should never let the reviewers tell him/her that the games are mediocre since they are probably the same types that would downplay your usual great Nintendo title.

Smash4 DLC in Vanilla Smash 5 Rosta

Chance 58%
Ryu might be the most iffy one of the bunch, though I don't see why Lucas and Mewtwo wouldn't be in the final roster (unless Sakurai forgets about them again). I would even be shocked if those two didn't make it again or if Ryu returned to the main roster.

Want 99%
Why would anyone NOT want this?

Predictions
Saki 1%
7+ DLC 63%

Bayonetta Rerate x10

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Asuka: DOUBLE ZEROES

Not happening, not interested.

DLC in Smash 5's chances: ABSTAIN

Too early for me to really rate this.

Want: 90%

I'm satisfied with who we have gotten so far and I'm usually against cuts.

Saki prediction: 0.98%
7+ DLC prediction: 79.83%

Nominations: Wonder Red rerate x15

Was originally going to nominate Starfy next as I like the character and would have been interested in his want scores, but with the thread ending I think it's time to put the characters with little hope aside.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Double Zeroes for Asuka.

Abstain from concept.

Nominations: No DK Newcomer x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sorry, I was away over the weekend. Don't have much to add otherwise, but the nom list is back up to date.

I definitely like the idea of doing a big last-three-days discussion finish. Until then, I'll be around.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Asuka and the concept

Predictions:

Saki: 0.41%
7+ DLC Characters: 60.43%

Nominations:

Spear Pillar: x15

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Couldn't have said it better myself Azure, but you were being bait too generous on the feminazis part since Tumblr deserves it's fair share of criticisms. Anyways, on to the big whoop about why an "ecchi" character for Smash.

Asuka

It is true, she lacks the request to even warrant getting any attention and it took four years just for the total sales of Senran Kagura to reach one million (mostly due to late localization and the first game being limited to digital release in the U.S.). And I can see why promoting a character from a mature game would be a big issue, since Metal Gear's themes are nothing to scoff at if you compare to the two. The only real problem against would be the sexuality since I've heard certain characters had to be reedited just to meet the A rating in Japan. That right, even Sakurai hates the idea that he had to censor undergarments just for the game to be shipped to the main Nintendo audience. I bet that some of you are even in severe shock over this.

Anyways, there's also the fact that most games can easily be found on a Vita and it makes the former Nintendo exclusivity of the first game irrelevant. Of course a certain Street Fighter would get a free pass since his first Nintendo appearance would be a hit and iconic throughout the 90's. While Senran Kagura is reviled by the public due to being a "pandering game with little deep mechanics or value" when it isn't event true. Then games are actually pretty descent for handheld beat em ups despite what the BS reviewers say and the characters don't have to be super deep like Snake in order to be likable. Other beat em up starts like Captain Commando and Axel Stone aren't famous for their personalities yet fans welcomed them with open arms in the past.

So she has more then enough problems and a ninja ain't one. Poor misguided kunoichi.

Senran Kagura was one game series that I didn't expect to like because I heard talk of how the combat was bad and fanservice was the only thing they had going for it. That was until I actually bought the game myself and instantly feel in love with it as years went by. Framerate issues aside, I was one hell of a game that I would be addicted into for weeks and I would always play it whenever I am traveling despite the curious glances of some prudes. The visual novel way of story telling was something i found instantly appealing (since I do play these once in my life), the characters have some fun personalities while not being as cookie cutter as the Deadly Six (Sorry Azure), and the costumes were as appealing as what you see in Dead or Alive (another favorite franchise of mines) despite being "sexist". As a young Banana Bender (someone from Queensland) woman who grew up in the world of gaming since I was a kid, I saw literally nothing offensive nor wrong with what was in the games and viewed them as charming due to their over the top way of handling the fanservice. Besides, aren't kunoichi all about seducing their targets with sex appeal anyways? Hell, I'm even planning on dressing up as Katsuragi for Halloween this year since many aspects of her character easily relates to me on a personal level. Long story short, NEVER trust the **** reviewers say since they don't even know what they are talking about half of the time (Too sexist for the average female gamer my butt)

Asuka would be a nimble character that's all about tricks and air control unlike Grenjina and she would easily be the worst nightmare to your average Zero Suit Samus and Rosalina player (Cross Slash and Toad Summon all the way). She's a cool character with a great design (school girl outfit aside), her connection with the Hebijo student Homura easily contracts the plot in every game, and she does have the potential to be a very well received character with newcomers with the right coat of Nintendo paint. Azure already covered all the points needed for the proper censorship and Sakurai would need to do that anyways become of that aforementioned article I've referenced. If we can have princesses beating Mario to death in dresses, the how about having a nimble female ninja kicking *** in a skirt like a boss.

So the more Senran Kagura the love, the better. Asuka would be my most hyped newcomer in Smash and one should never let the reviewers tell him/her that the games are mediocre since they are probably the same types that would downplay your usual great Nintendo title.

So hard boiled, just just like the pink man himself. Not only you were brave enough to actually pointing out the serious subjectivity of most video game reviewers today, but also debunked the claims that your average S.J.W would make about the series. I was seriously wondering how you would approach this day (which is now over) and it looks like you didn't break a sweat with the statistics on your chance and want (not too much bias in the former at all).

Not bad for a noob who been on these boards for a good few weeks. Sticking with your guns and defending the things you love like a true gamer. If only there was one way I can reward you for doing this good (And please do not bring our personal lives in this).

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ASUKA
CHANCE: 0.07%
WANT: 11.39%

SSB4 DLC IN SSB5
CHANCE: 58.61
WANT: 90.54%

Next up we're rating Saki and the concept of us getting 7 or more DLC characters.

Tomorrow, triple ratings, we'll be rerating Wonder Red, and we'll rate the two concepts of no DK rep and 3rd Parties getting cut in SSB5. You don't have to give predictions because this is our last day following the nominations list (we'll be planning out our final days now) and no bonus noms will be handed out. Special thanks to both @PK_Wonder and CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica for doing the nominations list and Smasher 101 Smasher 101 for handing out bonus nominations. You guys rock!!!!

Saki: 1% chance; 10% want

Won't happen in Smash 4. I think he could be a cool character, but Robin has the sword 'n projectiles moveset nailed.

Seven or more DLC characters: 90% chance; 100% want

It appears that we are expecting seven, so that's cool. I'm guessing when this concept was nominated, there were still only two placeholders left in the data, so seven seemed unlikely at the time. I'm happy to see new characters appearing in a game that I've already thoroughly scoured and enjoyed for a year, so more are welcome.

Predictions: 1.4% for Wonder Red; 32% no DK reps; 70% for guest characters being cut.

No nominations from me. I'll just go with what gets selected.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So hard boiled, just just like the pink man himself. Not only you were brave enough to actually pointing out the serious subjectivity of most video game reviewers today, but also debunked the claims that your average S.J.W would make about the series. I was seriously wondering how you would approach this day (which is now over) and it looks like you didn't break a sweat with the statistics on your chance and want (not too much bias in the former at all).

Not bad for a noob who been on these boards for a good few weeks. Sticking with your guns and defending the things you love like a true gamer. If only there was one way I can reward you for doing this good (And please do not bring our personal lives in this).
Arigato, Senyoru Pinku. Anata wa totemo yasashii desu ne. <3

Random Japanese jibberjabber aside, I am adapting to well to this community to know the ins and outs while knowing the right things to say when dwelling certain groups. Just stay truthful while coming up with valid counterarguments to certain points, based off of scanning many character threads alone. Not too much foul play since this isn't who as the deadliest words like some bounce (bully), but more about how do you handle the most civil of social communication (This thread is all about fun isn't it?). Not all noobs are clueless dipsticks that don't know how to talk for themselves after all.

To make this brief and not derail the thread, I would gladly accept anything you have for this big girl handling her first day of defending a nominated character. Let's take it to the fridge PM instead of hanging out here too long.

D

Deleted member

Saki

Not happening. Already an assist.

7+ Characters

Chance: 90%

It's near-guaranteed at this point.

You know the drill.

I couldn't agree with Eggman more.

Predictions:

Wonder Red - 15%

No DK Rep - 30%

3rd Party Cuts - 60%

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Saki
Chance - 0% - Already an assists.

Want - 60% - Could be cool, but not something I'm actively rooting for.

7+ Characters

Chance - 88.5% - With the new slots in, I can say with more confidence that this will happen. It's just, gotta be careful, y'know?

Want - 100% - Well, Duh!

Well, down to the last stretch. At least my last nominations went through!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So no more nominations? Aww. Did they give a reason to why the character discussions are closing?

Saki 0%
Assist trophy
Want 10%

7+ DLC
Chance 95%
Didn't they find room for 3 extra characters? 4 + 3 = 7
Want 100%
Of coarse

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Saki
Chances: 0.5% Not happening. Assist fighter.
Want: Fuqn 95%
Before Krystal and My boy :4shulk: Saki was my 3rd most wanted character since sm4sh got announced.
Gun based moveset plus laser saber winning combo for me.

7+ DLC characters
Chances: abstain
WE NEED
upload_2015-10-25_22-53-40.jpeg

Nominate: Sakurai saves smashboards DLC character threads (concept) X5

Troykv

Smash Master
Arigato, Senyoru Pinku. Anata wa totemo yasashii desu ne. <3

Random Japanese jibberjabber aside, I am adapting to well to this community to know the ins and outs while knowing the right things to say when dwelling certain groups. Just stay truthful while coming up with valid counterarguments to certain points, based off of scanning many character threads alone. Not too much foul play since this isn't who as the deadliest words like some bounce (bully), but more about how do you handle the most civil of social communication (This thread is all about fun isn't it?). Not all noobs are clueless dipsticks that don't know how to talk for themselves after all.

To make this brief and not derail the thread, I would gladly accept anything you have for this big girl handling her first day of defending a nominated character. Let's take it to the fridge PM instead of hanging out here too long.
Oh! I want to ask you something... I give a rushed post earlier, but actually I could be interested in Asuka... Could you give me the new thread's post?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Saki chances: 0.25%
Assist Trophy with modest support at best.

Saki want: 40%
Not that interested, but wouldn't be an awful addition I guess.

-----

7 or more DLC characters chances: 97%
I gave near 100% scores to Roy and Ryu before their official reveal due to the data mining, but now that they're the real deal I have full faith in data mined contents in the game's data. Unless Smash DLC has to stop earlier than planned for whatever reason, I think getting 7 or more DLC characters is inevitable.

Why isn't this a 100% chances score, though? Well, because there's the slim possibility of that seventh character being a transformation Final Smash character. I don't know if you're aware, but Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Wario-Man and Mega Lucario are coded in the game as their own characters, separate from their original forms. What if this seventh slot found in the game's data is just reserved for a transformation Final Smash of another future DLC character? However I'm not sure if I can think of any plausibly likely candidate who would have a transformation Final Smash that'd be a true FS character with a legit moveset with regular Smash inputs like tilts, smash attacks, specials, etc. and not something with limited input options like Super Yoshi or Mega Charizard (those don't have their own dedicated character slots), maybe some unlikely suggestions like Sceptile who I don't believe really have a serious shot.

7 or more DLC characters want: 80%
I'm not too hungry for more characters to be honest, the reason why I want Nintendo to reveal something is mostly because of the news drought since the end of the ballot (not even any public acknowledgment outside of the ballot page itself... *shrugs*), and the only characters I need to feel fully satisfied with Smash 4 DLC are Wolf and a new DK character in the form of either K. Rool or Dixie. Anything else would just feel like a cherry on the cake (or a bruised cherry if it's yet another third-party), though this concept becoming true would increase the chances of getting what I want to feel fully satisfied with Smash 4 DLC and more characters are generally cool anyway.

-----

I know predictions don't matter anymore, but I'll do them just for fun:
Wonder Red: 8.17%
Monkey kroc salt: 20.31%
Third-party cuts in SSB5: ... well, does that mean all third-parties being cut or just at least one of them?
In the former case then predicting 4.58%, otherwise 54.86%

Last edited:

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Saki:
Chance: 0.12%
Want: 0%
I just don't like the idea.

7+DLC Characters:
Chance: 80%
It'll probably happen, since we have 4 already.
The more the merrier.

Noms:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x 5 (If we're not doing this anymore, that's real annoying. I was so close!)

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Saki
Chance:
0%

Assist Trophy.
Want: 50%
Could be cool.

7+ DLC Characters
Chance:
50%

More and more seems to be added to Smash, so I wouldn't be surprised if we do manage to get more than 7 DLC Characters. We'll just have to wait and see.
YES PLEASE!

Wonder Red Prediction: 12.49%
I dunno what to say.
No DLC DK Character Prediction: 40.48%
Not much that I can say here.
Third-Party Cuts Prediction: 67.83%
At least one third party character is probably going to get cut, and it's most likely Ryu.

No more nominations from me.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Saki:

Assist Trophy.

Want: 50%

7+ DLC Characters:

Chance: 62%

Predictions for Wonder Red: 49% Chance, 72% Want
Predictions for No Donkey Kong DLC: 41% Chance, 21% Want
Predictions for 3rd Party Cuts: 70% Chance, 12% Want

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Saki
Chance: 0.3%
Insert original comment about character already being an Assist Trophy here. I'll give the main character from Sin and Punishment a small rating of 0.3%.
Another Assist bites the dust...

Want: 1.4%
Never played his game, so there's naturally a lack of interest in this character.

7+ DLC Characters
Chance: 95.2%
Now that we have proof of 3 remaining slots, I believe that we'll definitely be getting at least 7 DLC characters (unless of course it's for a transformation Final Smash). Why would they add the extra slot if they didn't plan on using it? I'm not at all confident we'll get more than 7, but I'm now confident we'll get at least 7. If we get more I won't complain, but I'm not expecting it. I'll give this favorable concept a total of 95.2%, which is a 60.2% rise from my original rating of this concept and at the same time might be the highest I've ever rated something in this thread.
Seems right now that Smash 4 has a solid future DLC line up for whatever is left...

The more characters we get, the better the odds that one of my favorite characters will make it in. Plus I've just really enjoyed the DLC we've gotten already and I'm happily looking forward to seeing what's next.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Saki

7+ DLC characters
Chance: 100% That's including the ones we already have, right? Because I'm absolutely confident that we'll end up with exactly 10 DLC characters.
Want: 100% you know what they say, the...****ing @Xenoking beat me to it.

Predictions
Wonder Red: 5%
No DK DLC: 20%
SSB5 3rd Party Cuts: 50%

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Saki

7+ DLC Characters:

Chance: 95%

After the recent datelining information regarding the 3 additional character slots, its clear that we are definitely having at least seven characters through DLC (4 of which are counting Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu). Will they go beyond the seven barrier though? Who knows. It's possible. Someone already found a way to fit six more characters on the 3DS screen, though I think six additional fighters after Ryu might be a bit much. Again, we'll see.

Once again, I'm going to quote what I said the first time this concept was rated.

The more DLC fighters we get, the better. I love seeing additional characters because it just makes the game more thrilling in every possible way, whether it be anticipating/watching new reveal trailers or trying out even more new movesets.
No need for predictions anymore. As for nominations, I already used my 15 extra nominations yesterday in that iffy period between the day over announcement and the final score post. I don't think I need to nominate anymore.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Saki's chances: 0.5%

Assist Trophy.

I was always interested in this one being promoted.

7+ Characters: 90%

Ok now this is looking likely.

Yeah.

Just for fun:

Wonder Red prediction: 10.54%
No DK DLC prediction: 25.11%
Third party cuts prediction: 36.43%

I didn't gather results for the Asuka and DLC in Smash 5 predictions since there are no more nominations, but I might still do them for fun later.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Saki

Want: 1%

7+ DLC characters

Chance: 90%

Nominations: It's time to unleash all 41 extra nominations I've been saving up to this point:evil: Tong Shou Ping X41.

Also just for fun can we rate non video game characters like Seto Kaiba and Monkey ZeRo just for fun?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Saki
Want: 70%

+7 Characters
Chance: 70%

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
SAKI
CHANCE: 0.17%
WANT: 41.09%

7+ DLC CHARACTERS
CHANCE: 83.51%
WANT: 97.50%
Next up we're rating Wonder Red and the concepts of us getting no new DK rep and a third party getting cut from SSB5

We're finally coming down to the wire. Please give your suggestions on what we should rate in our final days.

D

Deleted member

Wonder Red

Chance: 5%

Yeah, I severely overrated him last time. I'm surprised it took us this long to rerate him when we've rated the likes of Snake, Wolf, and Isaac three times each.

I still go by one of my statements from his previous day, though:

Whatever you do, do NOT ask Hideki Kamiya on Twitter about Wonder Red or Bayonetta in Smash, or else he'll call you an idiot and block you.

Want: 85%

No New DK Rep

Chance: 50%

This could go either way. I don't consider Dixie and K. Rool as likely as some might make them out to be.

No, I want Dixie and K. Rool.

Third Party Cut(s)

Chance: 50%

The future is difficult to predict. Was Ryu meant to be a one-and-done guest character just as Snake might have been? Will any of the currently represented third party companies suffer a fate similar to or worse than Konami's one day, thus preventing Sonic, Pac-Man, the Capcom duo, and/or potential upcoming characters from returning? I don't know the answers, but I think this could go either way.

Want: 1%

We have a solid third party lineup consisting of Mario's former rival, a platforming icon synonymous with Nintendo, the king of fighters (no, not the SNK series), and the venerable Pac-Man. Those are the kinds of third party characters that deserve to be series staples. That 1% want rating is just in case a third party character I don't like joins the roster.

Suggestion:

Rerate heavy-hitters such as Wolf, K. Rool, Dixie, Snake, and Isaac one last time.

Thank god.

Wonder Red
Chance 10.1% (rounded up)
Wonder Red was a frontliner at the beginning of the ballot. He was a big deal.

Then he dropped like a rock.

His game sold like crap and his series has a weak future. His only chance is his amazing moveset potential and maybe his early results. He does have a chance because the W101 never gives up. But it isn't a great one

Want 101% (not rounded)
Wonderful 101 is a gem. The game is my 3rd favorite ever. It's fantastic. Wonder Red has some of the highest moveset potential of all the candidates. I couldnt be much happier with another choice.

Abstain from chance on other 2

0% want

Top Bottom