• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Namco makes smash 5

Chance: 50%

Want: 55%

Ballot runner ups as mii costumes

Want: 0%

Predictions: Prince Fluff 0.2%

Predictions: Advance Wars character 2%

Nominations: Chin X5.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
extra nominations next update, it's been a long day

abstain from everything except for a 100% Want to Namco making Smash 5 as I thought they did a very good job with this one and they could do an even better job with the next.

Prince Fluff prediction: 1%
Advance Wars character prediction: 7.28%

Nominations: Poké Floats x5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Namco makes Smash 5

Chance: 48%

Want: 100%

Ballot Runner Up as Mario Maker Costumes

Chance: 30%

Predictions: Prince Fluff 0%

Nominations: Mahjong Tile X5.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Namco makes Smash 5

Chance: 48%

Want: 85%

Ballot Runner Up as Mario Maker Costumes

Chance: 20%

Predictions: Prince Fluff 0%

Nominations: Asuka (Senran Kagura) X5.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Abstain all. It's been a long couple of days...

Noms are updated now, though.

I'll predict 0.25% for both things.

Nominate Volga x5. I know he's got no chance, but I'm interested in seeing discussions about him as a character.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Namco develops SSB5

SMM accepts the rejects
Chance: 10%

Nominations: Full Ballot Results Revealed x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
NAMCO DEVELOPS SSB5
CHANCE: 54.17%
WANT: 92.67%

BALLOT RUNNER UPS BECOME SUPER MARIO MAKER COSTUMES
CHANCE: 32.88%
WANT: 46.83%
Only sixteen people voted, this thread is dying fast. Next up we're rating Prince Fluff and the concept of us getting any Advance Wars characters. Also please predict what score Lana and Oliver will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Prince Fluff

Chance: 0%

He's overshadowed by Dee and Magolor.

Want: 30%

Eh, he might be interesting.

Advance Wars Character

Chance: 5%

I doubt it at this point.

Want: 20%

I'm only interested in Andy and Sami, and I definitely don't want B.B. Bandit Trio 2.0 aka Sturm.

Predictions:

Lana - 1%

Oliver - 0.1%

Nominations: KOS-MOS Rerate x5

Fluff: Chance: 1%; Want: 1%

I'd really prefer Yarn Kirby if any fighter were to be inspired by that game. (I must be one of the only players who is unphased by alternate versions of characters making it in. Go Sheik and ZSS.)

Advance Wars character: Chance: 1%; Want: 50%

Depends on how it would be handled. I've seen some clever movesets proposed for Andy, deploying miniature soldiers and artillery. I also liked a suggestion that he be able to build a base where nearby units would get powered up. I've seen supporters for Sami instead of Andy, but eh - that's like Falco playable without Fox.

My personal take on a playable Wars character in general would simply be a small army, Orange Star. (For the color swaps, their name would even change - Blue Moon, Green Earth and so on.) Either way, it's a series that has had several installments, and although it has been dormant for a while, it clearly isn't forgotten.

I don't see them as likely for Smash 4 DLC, because it's clear who the frontrunners are right now, and it's not looking like any Wars character is among them. Their time will come, though.

Predictions: 8.66% for Lana; 0.23% for Oliver.

Nominations:
  • Rerate Impa ×1
  • Mahjong Tile ×1
  • Rerate KOS-MOS ×1
  • Poké Floats ×1
  • Dan ×1
Yeah, I'm just giving a nom to the five highest on the list. No sense in trying to build up one from the bottom like Pikachu Libre again (took over a week, I think)

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Prince Fluff

Chance - 0% - Between Dee, Magolor, Dark Matter, and other series, he doesn't stand a chance.

Want - 55% - I liked Epic Yarn, and this might be the path to getting a spin-off. Who wouldn't want more franchises?

Advance Wars character

Chance - 1.2% - Just adding my Andy and Sami scores. I can't see anyone else getting in.

Want - 60% - Mostly just for Andy.

Predicitons

Lana - 1.24% -Isn't she third party/

Oliver - 0.13% - Ugh...

Nominations

SSB has 3rd Party Cuts X5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ballot runner ups as mii costumes
Also Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 this was about Mario Maker mystery mushroom costumes, not Smash Mii costumes. Would you have wanted to chance your scores accordingly or it's just an error in naming this concept?

-----

Prince Fluff chances: 0%
There's just no notable incentive for me to give him higher than that.

Prince Fluff want: 6%
It'd be a very random addition.

-----

Wars character chances: 4.06%
I rated Andy and Sami 3.37% each when we rated them, but if I had to rerate them right now I'd give them about 2% actually. So 3.96% chances to get either and I suppose 0.1% for someone else.

Wars character want: 43%
I suppose I wouldn't object, but overall I don't really care.

-----

Lana prediction: 2.44%
She really isn't underrated at all.

Oliver prediction: 0.07%
Probably the most random Fire Emblem character to have been rated here.

Nominating:
Balance change: Samus missiles buff x4
New stage: Pokémon GO x1

For anyone who's wondering: a Pokémon GO stage would be based on real world locations while having Pokémon as background elements or stage hazard, as the concept of this new mobile game is to catch Pokémon in the real world.
I really have too many things to nominate right now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Also Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 this was about Mario Maker mystery mushroom costumes, not Smash Mii costumes. Would you have wanted to chance your scores accordingly or it's just an error in naming this concept?
Aw fudge. The Mii Fighter naming was a mistake since the two of us were in the middle of a fight a bit earlier. But the scores however should remain the same. :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Prince Fluff
Chance:
0%

His support is so small compared to the support that Bandana Dee and even Magolor have and his game has zero representation in Smash (even Woolly World has representation, along with Wario Land: Shake It!). It will take a lot to convince Sakurai to make him playable.
Want: 75%
He would be unique and I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn. I loved it so much that I bought Woolly World yesterday.

Advance Wars Rep
Chance:
1%

Small support and a dormant series.
Want: 10%
Mainly for Andy, I don't care for the rest.

Lana Prediction: 2.01%
I don't think that HW Legends will help her.
Oliver Prediction: .03%
Oh dear god, why?

Nominations: Chin 5x

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Prince Fluff
Chance: 3% people want him but I severely doubt it. Kirby's current reps represent the series perfectly, and after all the **** Sakurai got for the tidal wave of KI stuff in 4, I don't think more Kirby characters are coming.
Want: 0% IMO Epic Yarn was complete garbage and I don't want any of its aesthetic in Smash.

Advance Wars Rep
Chance: 10% there's a demand, albeit a relatively small one. An AW rep could bring a lot to the table.
Want: 10% I'm not dying for it, but it could be cool. It could also be another insufferable campy character that's extremely complicated relative to the rest of the cast, but still.

Lana
Prediction: 2%

Oliver
Prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Groose x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Prince Fluff
Chance: 1.2%
I somehow doubt that Sakurai cares enough to represent Kirby's Epic Yarn with a playable character. I'll give the Yarn Prince a chance rating of 1.2%.
Insert Sakurai Bias comment here...

Want: 2%
I don't really care for him. I would rather have a Yarn Kirby alt color to represent the game instead of an entire playable character.

Advance Wars Rep
Chance: 3.5%
I don't think this is going to happen outside of the base game and until a new installment to the franchise gets made. I'll give the concept of an Advance Wars Representative a score of 3.5%.
Probably going to need to be a little more advanced to get a playable character...

Want: 15%
I don't really care too much about the franchise, but I could see a representative from it being cool.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Prince Fluff:

Chance: 3%

Want: 39%

Advance Wars Rep:

Chance: 9%

Want: 59%

Predictions for Lana: 13% Chance, 36% Want
Predictions for Oliver: 0.1% Chance, 0% Want

Nominate Roll x 5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Prince Fluff

Chance and Want:

Regarding Chance:

Prince Fluff is somewhat requested... but being a one-time Kirby character whose Smash Ballot popularity doesn't compare to the likes of Bandana Dee, Magolor, and even Dark Matter hurts his chances immensely.

Regarding Want:

I've never been fan of Kirby's Epic Yarn, and I'd prefer seeing a Kirby character that has more importance throughout the series, like Bandana Dee, get the 4th Kirby slot on the Smash roster instead.

Advance War Rep:

Chance: 2%

Not much to say here. Sami and Andy are the two that have the most requests from the Advance War series, but the fact that Intelligent Systems has kept that series long dormant for a while in favor of Fire Emblem, along with the fact Sami and Andy's ballot support aren't particularly strong, won't be enough to convince Sakurai to give Advance Wars representation on the roster.

Want: Abstain

Never played Advance Wars. I'm more of a Fire Emblem guy.

Predictions:

Lana (Hyrule Warriors): 2.09%
Oliver (Fire Emblem): 0.02%

Nominations:

Extra nominations winners:

Donkey Kong Jr.: Wanderer from Roseyard Wanderer from Roseyard and AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
SSB5 for consoles only: Smasher 101 Smasher 101
Namco makes SSB5: @Dejime
Mario Maker costumes for runner-ups: Erureido Erureido

Fawful (Mario and Luigi): x10

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Prince Fluff:
Chances: 0.2 % Doesn't stand a chance against the onslaught of Bandana Dee and Magolor, and even if Sakurai were to ignore their popularity, he then has to deal with the most iconic character from Kirby that's not in yet, Dark Matter, who, if we weren't counting votes at all, would be a juggernaut, since it's the main antagonist of 4 Kirby games, and arguably the entire series so it's practically impossible for him to get in either way, Sakurai goes by votes, BDee and Magolor stomp, Sakurai goes by uniqueness and iconicness, thenBDee , Magolor, and Dark Matter all are massive competition, the poor guy doesn't have a chance.

Want: 23% This is hard. I have no real attachment to the character but it'd be a very unique character from Kirby, which is a franchise that I honestly feel sick of seeing under represented. I wouldn't mind him, he'd probably be a great addition, but at the same time, I'm sure I'd feel upset and/or somewhat cheated that I didn't get Bandana Dee, Magolor, Dark Matter or even Adeleine instead, all of which I wanted more, and were most likely all higher on the ballot, so it wouldn't just be me that would feel a bit cheated. I want the Kirby fandom to feel victorious if they get a rep, and not for the majority to end up feeling cheated. I'd accept him, but I wouldn't be all that happy about it.

Advance War rep:

Chances: 10% I think their window of opportunity was over a long time ago, but eh, who knows, it may end up surprising me in the end.
Want: 40% No real attachment or dislikes here, but I'd feel happy for the Advance Wars fanbase, they deserve it.

Predictions:
Lana:4%
Oliver: 0%
Nominations: Rerate! x 5 KOS-MOS

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Prince Fluff:

Chance and Want: Abstain.

Advance Wars rep:

Chances: 12%
Dormant series, but that didn't stop Pit. However, not many vocal ppl wanting one. IDK.

Want: 90%
Heck yes. The series could use some needed love. Plus, I'd love to see what Sakurai can do.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fluff: double zeroes. Irrelevant, outshone by others in the series, and unsupported.

Advance wars: chance 1, want 0. Dormant, but there is some support. Negligible support though.

Predictions: Lana - 1.9%, Oliver - 0.1%

Nom: Amiibo alts x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Prince Fluff...

Abstain

Avance Wars Character

Mmm just Sami/Andy vote again :p

Chance: 10%
Want: 50%

Predictions:

Lana: 3.4%
Oliver: 0.1%

Nominations:

Rerate! Tiki x3
Ayumi Tachibana x2

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Prince Fluff

Want: 1%

Advance Wars Rep

Chance: 2%
Want: Abstain

Predictions

Lana: 2.8%
Oliver: 1.1%

- Funny, I kept nominating these 2 often and they ended up being matched together. Will true beauty prevail!? :troll:

Nominations

Volga (Hyrule Warriors) x3
Ryouma (Fire Emblem) x2

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Prince Fluff's chances: 0.5%

If Kirby got a new character, I highly doubt this would be it.

Not interested.

Advance Wars rep's chances: 5%

Dormant series, some support but it's probably not enough.

Want: 90%

I'd be very happy to see Andy make it. I'd be satisfied enough with Sami as well.

Lana rerate prediction: 4.32%
Oliver prediction: 0.20%

Nominations: Poké Floats x10!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Prince Fluff

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

First time I've rated a Kirby character like this, but here's the details. I'm in the camp who didn't play or liked the look of Epic Yarn and Prince Fluff doesn't sen to be in a good position. Many major polls rarely mentioned him of all Kirby characters and he;s another of them one-shot characters never to be seen again. And to be honest, he doesn't look like that much of an interesting character.

Advance Wars Character

Already said my stance on these two and don't want to say it again. So have some Orange Star scores.

Chance: 8%
Want: 70%

Predictions:

Lana: 2%

Nominations: Lankey Kong x5

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Prince Fluff

Chance: 1%

Poor Fluff. Used to be a hot topic pre-Smash 4 and became a relic of the past once other characters caught the interest of the fanbase. Bandanna Dee and Magolor also do so much better than him in terms of actual requests since the ballot's announcement. Give him some of Kirby's yarn abilities and you have yourself a unique newcomer.

Want: 50%

On one hand, I really do love Epic Yarn and found Fluff a very endearing character. On the other, I fear that he wouldn't mesh well with the style of Smash due to being a walking outline and other Kirby characters have more priority in my eyes (Magolor, Bandanna Dee, etc).

Chance: 3%

It's true that the games do have a cult following, but Fire Emblem is currently Intelligent Systems' most relevant work right now. I don't recall a single character sorting high or being mentioned in any polls lately and chances are that only few people actually requested a single character fro the series. Maybe next time when Sakurai looks for a unique newcomer from the series if he's not taking into account the sales.

Want: 30%

Personally, I care little about the series since Fire Emblem has my attention the most out of the two. While I can understand that they may seem as fun as the FE games, I don't really find the war theme of the titles appealing nor see if the characters stand out to me. I wouldn't against their inclusion in the future, but those folks might not garner my interest unless I see a great moveset.

Predictions:

Lana: 1%

Nominations: Asuka (Senran Kagura) x10

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
PRINCE FLUFF
CHANCE: 0.93%
WANT: 17.63%

AVANCE WARS CHARACTER
CHANCE: 5.15%
WANT: 41.06%
Next up we're rating Lana and a character who'd better only get zeroes. Also please predict what score KOS-MOS and Impa will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Lana and Oliver

Final Fantasy Type-0 on PS4 = 0 x 4 = Quadruple Zeroes

Predictions:

KOS-MOS - 2.1%

I expect some inflated scores like last time, but she might at least get a slight decrease.

Impa - 22%

Tomorrow will hopefully be an interesting day.

Nominations: Soul Calibur Mii Costumes x5

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Quadruple 0

I'd like to know who this Oliver is though.

Predictions
Kos-Mos 2.1%
Impa 22%

Nominate Smash 4 DLC being in Vanilla Smash 5 x5

Lana: Chance: 1%; Want: 25%

She's an interesting character, but she's also an original character in a Zelda series crossover extravaganza made by someone other than Nintendo. I think she could work on her merits but she's still not of high concern to Nintendo or Smash Bros.

Oliver Klosoff: Chance: 0%; Want: 200%*

Clearly the best Fire Emblem character. I don't know why they bother designing new lords when this guy can star in every game.

*If 200% is not on the acceptable scale of want, then go ahead and substitute 0%.

Predictions: 4.3% for KOS-MOS, 17.84% for Impa.

Nominations:
Mahjong ×1
Poké Floats ×1
Dan ×1
Fawful ×1
Lloyd Irving ×1

I'm still holding onto ten extra nomination points for now.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Funny how the AW character concept got lower than both Andy and Sami in chances. Instead of facepalming hard at this like I did with the 2 characters per series concept getting a lower score than Squirtle and Ivysaur, I can understand this as it being the result of us being overall less indulgent in our ratings.

Anyway, this concept getting a lower score than Andy and Sami means that a rerate for both is really needed. I suppose I'll have to add them to the relatively long list of things I have to nominate...
(If you still have no idea what to nominate Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma that may be an idea :p)

Anyway, for today's ratings...

Lana chances: 0.02%
A spin-off exclusive character who means nothing for the series as a whole. Even a trophy would be very unlikely.

Lana disapproval: 100% (or 0% want)
NO GOD PLEASE NO!
Seriously, she looks like an overly generic kawaii girl and feels out of place in the Legend of Zelda universe, even in a spin-off. And I can't think of any good reason why she should be in Smash besides "moveset potential", which imo would never be the first reason to consider a character. I would be angry, and I would have a hard time considering Smash as a serious crossover anymore, if she got in.
I'm standing by this. There's absolutely nothing that interests me about her as a choice for Smash.

Also, Oliver gets a big double zeroes!
Wondering why my "zeroes" here is gray instead of dark red like I generally color it when I give someone a double zeroes? Well, generally I only use the gray color for the chances score if it is lower than 0.30%, which is lower than the 0.30-1.99% range which goes for dark red for the chances score, but generally I don't use gray for my want score which means I'll use dark red for a zero instead. However, I sometimes use the gray color for my want score like I did with Lana above when I outright hate the idea. Oliver is not only yet another Fire Emblem character, but one who doesn't have the caliber of being playable in Smash AT ALL. Heck, he doesn't even have the caliber of getting any sort of representation outside of maybe being referenced through another character's palette swap or appearing as a sticker. Him being in Smash would lower the standards of Smash newcomers by a huge and dangerous margin and would open the floodgates for many random characters, even if they aren't particularly popular or requested.

-----

Impa prediction: 20.21%
I suppose it may decrease a bit.

KOS-MOS prediction: 2.56%
I don't see her doing as well as when we first rated her.

Nominating:
Balance change: Samus missiles buff x4
New stage: Pokémon GO x1

Last edited:
Quadruple Zeroes

Impa prediction: 21%
KOS-MOS prediction: 2%

Anyway, this concept getting a lower score than Andy and Sami means that a rerate for both is really needed. I suppose I'll have to add them to the relatively long list of things I have to nominate...
(If you still have no idea what to nominate Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma that may be an idea :p)
Well, I can't think anything else to nominate:

Andy 3x
Sami 2x

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Oliver:

“I am Oliver, champion of beauty! You would harm my precious chance score! That makes you my enemy! Unsightly man... Prepare yourself!”

Chances: 10000000000000000000% Smash Bros is a beautiful game, with beautiful graphics, and beautiful characters, therefore Oliver must own it. We have Wario, the grossest character in the game, and Oliver is a perfect contrast to him, Sakurai couldn't ever let that huge opportunity slip. Not to mention that the current front-runners, Wolf and K. Rool, aren't beautiful, why would Sakurai ever even think about choosing non-beautiful people over the likes of a beautiful character like Oliver? Guys, I think Oliver is a shoo-in.

Want: 1000000000000000000000% Who wouldn't want to play as this man? Who cares that he's a Fire Emblem rep, who cares that he severely hurts the chances of other mages that people actually love and want, like Delphox, Micaiah, and Magolor, who cares that he isn't really important, none of that matters since he's a fat mage, and don't you dare lie to me and say you've never wanted to play as a fat mage.

Actual Oliver Score: Chances:0% Want:0%
If this guy actually got in, I'd legitimately start expecting Goku to get in, because the standards would absolutely be low enough for that to be possible.

Lana:
Chances: 3% She only appears in a spin off, is severely outclassed by Ganon, Impa, Vaati, and even Tingle, but is a character that many people like and is somewhat popular, so she still has some chances, I guess.
Want: 10% I'd tolerate her, but I'd much rather have Ganon, Tingle, or Vaati instead.

Predictions:
KOS-MOS: 2% Her rating will probably be lowered, which is the whole reason why I nominated her in the first place, I don't think the first rating is accurate to the majority of people's thoughts on the character.
Impa: 24%

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Prince Fluff

Chance: 0%

Advance Wars character

Predictions: Lana 3%

Predictions: Oliver 1%

Nominations: Chin X5.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Oliver
Chance: 0% who the **** is this fat guy? I thought you were talking about Oliver from Ni No Kuni. Anyway, there's no way he will ever be playable. NNK's Oliver legitimately has a better chance than this.
Want: 0% Why would I want this?

Lana
Chance: 3% her fanbase is pretty small, but there's still a chance that the insufferable Japanese otaku crowd voted for her en masse just because she's a pretty anime girl. Wouldn't be the first character who got in that way.
Want: 5% She could be cool, but I'd rather have another Zelda character. Namely Groose.

Predictions
Impa: 25%
KOS-MOS: 5%

Nominations
Raiden x2
Funky Kong x2
Groose

Last edited:
Top Bottom