• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ice Climbers
Chance: 8%
I hardly think they have a shot anymore. I've mentioned in my previous ratings that they could get included if Sakurai managed to make them work, but now I doubt if he's even trying at this point. As far as we know, he did what he could to get them working for the base game. With a smaller team and less resources to work with, I don't think he's really willing to revisit the Ice Climbers for this installment of Smash. Especially now since we know that there are quite possibly three more characters we'll get as DLC, and if one of them is a veteran it's more than likely going to be Wolf. I'll give the ice climbing duo a total of 8%, which is a 24% drop from my previous rating and a 34% drop from my first rating respectively.
I can't help but feel that time is up for these little guys...

Want: 60%
It was weird to see them go, but I can live without them. They were never my go to characters, but I'm sure they have their fans.

BlazBlue Representation
Chance: 0.4%
I don't see this happening. I'll give the concept of BlazBlue a small score of 0.4%.
Wouldn't really make any sense...

Want: 0.2%
No thanks. Completely unfamiliar with the franchise.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers

Chance - 10.5% - Okay, this seems about right now. While if they can be fixed, they will, if you can't get the engine to work by turning off gravity, something's wrong.

Want - 100% - Yep.

Blazblue Representation

Chance - 0% - An unrepresented third party, one that has no strong connections with Nintendo and thus not very demanded.

Want - 20% - Meh. There are better third parties out their.

Predictions

Egg Man - 44.35% - Based on the old score.

Pikachu Libre - 0.35% - Should go down well...

Nominations

Namco develops next Smash X5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers:

Chance: 5%
3DS limitations.

Want: 100%
Someday, my children...

BlazBlue Representation:

Chance: 0.6%

Want: Abstain

Predictions for Eggman: 47% Chance, 64% Want
Predictions for Pikachu Libre: 4% Chance, 12% Want

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 5

Smash Rookie
Ice Climbers :
Want 50%
Chance 0%

Their gimmick was pretty neat and unique, but we already know the technical reasons why they aren't in already.

Blazblue : 0% 0% Don't really know enough about this series.

Nominate Alts (Koopalings, Alph) eventually getting amiibo x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
EDIT: This post somehow went through as incomplete. Please excuse me while I update my BlazBlue discussion at this time. I will post my BlazBlue ratings later. For now, I'll leave my Ice Climbers rating, my predictions, and my nominations.

Ice Climbers

Chance: 1%

I'm going to quote what I said from the last time we rated the Ice Climbing duo.
The fact Sakurai was successful making them work on the WiiU but not on the 3DS due to hardware limitations and thus having to cut them from the roster because of it says a lot in regards to why their chances are not very strong. There's the problems of implementing them with 8 player Smash in existence, which would make such a mode impossible considering how these characters are designed. Long story short, the software problems are largely why their chances of returning are not very high.
Yeah, when I look back at my previous score, I definitely overrated them. Sakurai has stated in the past that he wants both the 3DS and the WiiU to have the same character roster. Yes, we know have stage exclusive DLC thanks to Pirate Ship, but the difference here is that stage exclusiveness is one of the defining traits about Smash 4, not character exclusiveness. Even then, I highly doubt there would be some sort of character exclusive deal. To me, it would feel awkward to include one character on one version and leave it out in the other.

They do have the popularity, the veteran status, and the Smash Ballot demand though, so if they won't be included in this game, no doubt they'll return in Smash 5.

Want: 60%

Again, I will quote what I said last time.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Ice Climbers return... If Sakurai somehow succeeds in making them work on the 3DS in the future (though highly doubtful), then I hope they won't have the infinite chain grab again.
Well, good thing patch updates are a thing in this iteration of Smash. I also have come to appreciate the uniqueness the fighters provide, so I am completely disinterested in seeing just a single Ice Climber appear as a standalone fighter at this point. I am more interested in seeing both Ice Climbers return.

Predictions:

Dr. Eggman (Sonic): 4.42%
Pikachu Libre representation: 1.31%

Nominations:

N (Pokemon): x5

Because I don't know who else I want to nominate right now, and N has been lingering on the nominations list for quite some time.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:popo:(Why don't we have a Nana icon?)
Want: 85%
Poor ICs, they were working, and then they were cut to keep the rosters identical. One of the most undeserved cuts along with the cut of Squirtle and Ivysaur because of the transformation cut.
I really don't see why we are so concerned with keeping the rosters the same. After all, they've just released a stage for one version only, but the stages are all different. Why should the characters be different? Particularly since the character(s) in question is physically impossible on one of the versions. Look at Mario Kart - 7 had a tiny roster since it needed to fit on handheld. The STARTING roster for 8 is the same size as the FINAL roster of 7.
I'll also argue with the time argument people (including me) love to use against the clones. We like to think of them as a waste of dev time, but it honestly wasn't that much. Now here, we have a fully completed character (technically two since Nana tended to have her own slot in the coding and AI) that were finished, and then just discarded. If they hadn't started making them, what other characters could we have gotten for both versions? Why throw away that development, just put them in as DLC for WiiU only and recoup some of those losses.
Yeah, people will complain about missing out on one character, but it is impossible to work around. Why punish the WiiU owners since some 3DS only owners will complain? They tried.
Astain on Blazblue

Nom: Fountain of Dreams x5

Prediction: Eggman - 14.9%, PikaLibre: 0.8%

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Won for Wolf? Awesome! Five more nominations for ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes.
Also I'll wait tomorrow to update the top 10 of want, just for the sake of knowing how well the ICs will do today in want before editing it.

Furret24 Furret24 don't you think it would be better to nominate a rerate of both Squirtle and Ivysaur or you're just interested in rerating Ivysaur? Just asking.

Last edited:
Ice climbers (looking a hell of a lot less inflated this time)
Chance 0%
3ds limitations (RIP gravity. . . )
Might not even work on Wii U
etc.

Want 100%
Ice climbers were awesome in pretty much every way. unique and they looked cool too.
Except stages. They had really terrible stages both times lol.

Ace Attorney representation x3
Wonder Red rerate x2

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ice Climbers:
Chance: 10%
Unless they do the smart thing, put both Ice Climbers on Wii U and only have one on the 3DS, I highly doubt that the Ice Climbers will make the cut. *sob*

I need my precious mains back. What's worse is they've made it seem like the Ice Climbers were never in the series to begin with, and that bugs me terribly. I want these guys back more than anything.

Blazblue Representation
Chance: 5%
On one hand, they have been adding Mii costumes for 3rd parties. On the other hand, it was never even on a Nintendo console, to my knowledge.

Never played it, barely even heard of it.

Ultimate Ghost x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Like I promised, here are my ratings for the concept of any form of BlazBlue representation in Smash 4.

BlazBlue Representation

Chance: 3%

Admittedly, this concept is mostly a long shot for the most part. In terms of a Blazblue character joining the roster, the chances of that happening are incredibly small due to the third party status, the lack of ballot support, and the fact you could argue Ryu already represents the fighting game genre.

But as for something like a Mii Fighter Costume? Personally, I think there is a small chance of this happening. While it's definitely true the BlazBlue games do not even compare to games like Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken in terms of fame and popularity, and BlazBlue's company (Arc System Works) hasn't helped out with Smash 4 compared to Capcom, Sega, or Namco did. There are a few things that I need to address, however:

1) "The BlazBlue games never made much of an impact on Nintendo consoles"

True, the BlazBlue games only had one main series game released on a Nintendo platform (Continuum Shift 2 on the Nintendo 3DS, so more of a port), two spin-offs on Nintendo's portable gaming scene (one on the DSiWare and the other being a sequel to that game on the 3DS eshop), and a 3DS menu theme released in Japan (which you can view below), so it's understandable why that can be said...

...but neither did the Tekken and Virtua Fighter series have any impact on Nintendo's history. Tekken only had one port released on a Nintendo console (Tag Tournament 2 for the WiiU), and two "side games" released on Nintendo's portable gaming scene (one on the Gameboy Advance, the other on the Nintendo 3DS), while Virtua Fighter only had two games released on Nintendo's consoles: a port of the second game on the Wii Virtual Console, and an RPG spinoff on the Gamecube.

So if we were to solely look at the fact Tekken and Virtua Fighter didn't have much impact on Nintendo consoles either, then the chances of both series having representation through Mii Costumes was pretty slim too prior to the their Mii costume reveals. When we learned that both series had representation through Mii Costumes, I guess most of us were caught by surprise, but in the end, I have a feeling that the reason why they both had representation through Mii Costumes was because of each game's popularity and fame respectively, not about how they impacted Nintendo.

Thus, if we were to solely look at impact on Nintendo's history, BlazBlue is in the same boat as Tekken and Virtua Fighter were prior to the June 14th update, so it's the fame/popularity when compared to big three fighting games is a more justifiable reason why we wouldn't see BlazBlue representation in Smash.

2) BlazBlue's company, Arc System Works, hasn't been involved with Smash 4's development.

The same fact can be said about Konami, Level 5, WayForward, and Yacht Club Games. Of course, the major difference between Arc System Works and those four companies is that each of those four companies have a character that is in very strong demand for Smash (Konami has Snake, Level 5 has Professor Layton, WayForward has Shantae, and YCG has Shovel Knight). This makes Mii Fighter Costumes of each of those characters more likely since some costumes were put into the game as a way of Sakurai acknowledging their popularity, as the case with K. Rool, Chrom, and Lloyd Irving.

But when you look at a Blazblue character's requests compared to demand for a new Tekken fighter and Virtua Fighter, all three games didn't have particularly strong demands for a character inclusion either (well, Heihachi was considered, but demand for Akira and Jack was just as small as the demand Ragna the Bloodedge or Noel Vermillion have for Smash), thus meaning it was mostly fame that got those characters Mii Costumes in the first place.

3) BlazBlue just isn't that successful.

It's definitely become a popular and successful fighting game in recent years. The games sold over 1.7 million sales as of October 2012, 800,000 of which came from North America surprisingly, and surely these have considerably grown since. It's reached the point that it is one of Arc System's most prominent works, the other being Guilt Gear. While such sales once again don't compare to the likes of Street Fighter, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter, it's still worth noting nonetheless, not to mention it made a few major appearances in EVO over the years.

In the end, the idea of Blazblue Representation remains small, but personally, I think the reason why it has a small chance is because of its fame not comparing to other fighting games, and the major lack of requests for any sort of Smash representation in the first place. Then again, no one ever imagined Tekken and Virtua Fighter having representation in Smash either, so there is some sort of chance Sakurai could surprise us thanks to DLC Mii Fighter Costumes being a thing. Perhaps this kind of promotion could even happen sometime later this year when the next main series BlazBlue game, CentralFiction, will release on Japanese arcades. Ah well, looks like my BlazBlue vibes are getting the best of me.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the BlazBlue games. I am particularly drawn to their games due to the complex and interesting plot, the music, and the caste of characters they provide. Prior to Smash 4's release, I never imagined BlazBlue representation being in Smash Bros until I listened to Final Destination Version 2 from Smash WiiU for the first time (track below for those that want a listen).

Perhaps some of you thought of Soul Caliber or Guilty Gear, BlazBlue's older brother game series, when you first listened to it. As for me? Well, the moment the track caught my ears' attention, this was immediately came to my mind:

"The wheel of fate is turning!"
"Rebel 1"
"ACTION!"

^*For those that don't get it, it's what is said before a match begins, basically BlazBlue's version of "Round 1! FIGHT!"

This track became one of my favorite tracks in Smash 4 because of how much it reminded me of BlazBlue. It was around that point that I thought to myself, "You know, it would be pretty cool if BlazBlue had some sort of representation in Smash." There were times when I thought about how certain BlazBlue characters would play out in Smash, and the two Blazblue characters that I thought had the best chance for Smash were Ragna the Bloodedge and Noel Vermillion.

Let's start with Ragna the Bloodedge and how he could play out in Smash:

Ragna is the strongest candidate for the hypothetical BlazBlue rep on the Smash Roster thanks to the fact he's the main protagonist of the series who also has some strong popularity (BlazBlue wise, not counting Smash Ballot) on his back. He would play much different from your expected fighting game rep in Smash Bros (those including Ryu and Heihachi) in that he would't fight with fists and kicks. Rather, he'd be a sword yielder. "A sword-user? Lame," you are probably thinking right now.

That's why I should tell you he is more than that. He is also the possessor of the Azure Grimoire, a power that allows him to manipulate darkness in the form of various body parts of the Black Beast (won't elaborate on who that is right now). The power also strengthens his Drive, Soul Eater, which allows him absorb the opponent's life force to replenish his own, and enhance his physical abilities. This could make for some interesting moveset ideas in Smash wear he would not only attack opponents by summoning a beast from the ground to bite the opponent, transforming his right arm into a massive clawed hand of darkness, or heal himself while damaging his foe similar to Robin's Nosferatu, but it could also be used to increase the strength of his attacks for a period of time.

Now, let's look at how Noel Vermillion and how she could play out in Smash.

Noel's appearance from Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift (left), and her current appearance from Chrono Phantasma onward (right)

Noel is the other character with the highest potential for the BlazBlue slot. Her chances are lower than Ragna's since she isn't the main protagonist. However, she is the main heroine of the series. Like Ragna, she would be different from the like of Ryu or a potential Tekken character in that instead of fighting through fists and kicks, she is gun-user, a fighting style that could really use some more representation on the Smash roster. She also gets points for being female, and we all know how Smash could use some more female fighters.

Her Final Smash would definitely be her transformation into Mu -No.12-, her true form, and proceeding to fly through the battlefield and firing her floating swords while setting up floating units that would attack the opponents from different angles.

Unfortunately, the chances of a BlazBlue character actually joining the Smash roster is slim for reasons already stated. Thus, this became more of a "would be cool but oh well" phase in mind.

Then in the June DLC update, we were extremely surprised to learn that Tekken and Virtua Fighter ended up getting Smash representation thanks to Mii Fighter costumes. Considering this happened to two video game series we never would have thought would have Smash Bros representation, both of which were fighting game series that had little impact on Nintendo's history for that matter, I thought to myself, "Now that the unlikely possibility just happened, perhaps there is some new hope for BlazBlue representation as well."

It wasn't long before I realized how Mii Fighter costumes of different BlazBlue characters would turn out pretty well. I'm usually the guy who buys Mii Fighter costumes if they personally peak my interest, and if this happened with certain BlazBlue characters, this would be no exception.

I mean, the possibilities are endless! Ragna the Bloodedge, Jin Kisaragi (the main deuteragonist in the BlazBlue games), and Kagura Mutsuki would make great Mii SwordFighter costumes. As for Mii Gunner costumes, you could have both costumes of Noel Vermillion and Rachel Alucard (would be fitting due to her sorcery abilities in the games) work for the occasion. With the Mii Brawler costumes, characters like Terumi/Hazama (one of the main antagonists of the BlazBlue and arguably the most memorable villain due to his trolling personality that has earned him the nickname "Trollzama" by fans), Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, and Naoto Kurogane would work very well. If you never heard of some of these characters, I suggest you do the research on your own; you'll learn from there why I categorized them with their respective Mii Fighter potentials.

And if we really want to go an extra mile, I'm also interested in the idea of BlazBlue music in Smash Bros similar to how some video game series only have one or two tracks in Smash Bros. The BlazBlue series has an awesome soundtrack! I'll leave some tracks here to get you interested. It'll even give you perspective as to why I immediately though of BlazBlue when I first listened to Final Destination Version 2 from Smash WiiU. You can find some music within the spoilers tag below. They are worth the listen!

^This was the track that immediately made me think of BlazBlue when I first listened to that Final Destination theme. I even have the Final Destiination Version 2 theme as one of my default tracks for Final Destination just for the BlazBlue experience.

I can list many more tracks that I particularly like from the games, but I'll just leave only those five for now since they are my favorites. I still encourage to give other BlazBlue tracks a listen when you have spare time in the future.

I already know this concept is going to flop in the chance department today, but I'd thought I'd nominate to see if there was any interest amongst the RTC community. I can ascertain that I'm not the only one that wants some form of BlazBlue representation in Smash Bros. I noticed that Ragna received a few 5s and 4s, and a decent number of 3s, in the Individual Character Poll that has been going around Smashboards, and I take that as a sign of interest, even if it is small. Perhaps what I had to say in the want section also got you interested in this concept as well.

I'll end my BlazBlue discussion by saying this: for those that haven't heard/played the BlazBlue games before today, I highly recommend you try these games out in the future. BlazBlue is a fun fighting game that has some great music, a fantastic storyline, and memorable characters. As for me, I'll probably have to give Guilty Gear a go some point in the future since its the older brother series of the two.

I already took care of my ratings for Ice Climber ratings, my predictions for tomorrow, and my nominations a few posts up.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Ice Climbers:
Unless they do the smart thing, put both Ice Climbers on Wii U and only have one on the 3DS, I highly doubt that the Ice Climbers will make the cut. *sob*
Radically changing the same character between two versions is not a "smart" option. For loving the Ice Climbers so much, a lot of people don't seem to realize how much of an impact making the Ice Climbers just Ice Climber is, especially when it's both one version and single on the other.

The only reasonable option Sakurai could take now is making them WiiU exclusive but Sakurai doesn't seem to want to have version-exclusive characters. If he was willing to make an exception, wouldn't he have done it by now?
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Quadruple zeroes
Eggman Prediction: 1.21%
PikaLibre Prediction: 2.24%

Nominations:
Klefki x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ice Climbers:

Sakurai tried everything he could to get them working on the 3DS version. And I doubt he would want to alienate original 3DS owners by making them new 3DS/ Wii U exclusive.

Want:90%

Blazblue:

Chance and want: 0%

Predictions:

Pikachu Libre: 0%

Eggman:0.3%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Ice Climbers
Chances 0% Want 0%
Now they in a better place :beezo::beezo::beezo:

Blazblue Rep
I'd rather a Guilty Gear rep, but why not a Ragna mii costume
Cmon! We can! :yeahboi::sheep:
Chances 10% Want 50%

Predictions
Dr Egmann 0% (A SEGA rep needs to be of other series, like Megaman and Ryu)
Pikachu Libre 0%

Nominations
Re-rerate Snake x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ice Climbers:

Sakurai already said what the issue was and it doesn't need to be repeated. We are better off waiting until the next generation if these ice climbing children will return.

Want: 90%

I loved these guys since Melee and would do anything to have them return. That, and their moveset will never be the same without them.

Blazblue:

Chance and Want: 00%

I love BlazBlue, but having it appear in Smash would be way too random.

Predictions:

Pikachu Libre: 0%

Eggman: 3%

Nominate Lark (Pilotwings) x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Ice Climbers:

Unlike something weird happen they just don't have a chance.

Want: 55%

Their fans has my respect, otherwise I'm okay with this

Blazblue Representation:

Possible? Maybe, but even a Mii Costume is unlikeable.

Predictions:

Dr. Eggman: 7.4%
Pikachu Libre: 0.6%

Nominations:

Ayumi Tachibana x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Ice Climbers

Want: 50%

Blazblue

Chance: 0%

Want: 0%

Predictions: Eggman 2%

Predictions: Pikachu Libre 0.3%

Nominations: Mr. Stevenson X4, Chin (Hong Kong 97) X1.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sorry I'm late, I had a lot of homework.

The Ice Climbers
Chance: 5% - Best case scenario is that Sakurai finally comes to the obvious realization that holding the Wii U version down because of the 3DS's limitations was a horrible and unfair decision in the first place.
Want: 100% - They got my vote on the ballot, and they're easily one of my top five most loved SSB characters. They have one of the most unique and fun move sets to use. I'd love to see them back.

Blazblue representation
Chance: 0% - I can't think of a reason why this would be added right now. It would be one of the most random and out of nowhere decisions ever.
Want: 10%

Nominations: SSB5 is console exclusive x5 (Take one good guess why I want this.)

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ICE CLIMBERS
CHANCE: 2.45%
WANT: 57.22%

BLAZBLUE REPRESENTATION
CHANCE: 1.65%
WANT: 11.36%
Ice Climbers succeeded in getting the lowest "Chance" rating of any veteran including Young Link. In addition to this, their also lower than Spyro, Talim, Slime, Delphox, KOS-MOS, and Ninten. Ouch!!! In addition to this Blazblue Representation got the lowest "chance" rating of any concept.

Oh well, next up we're rating Eggman and some form of Pikachu Libre representation. Also please predict what score Giana from Great Giana Sisters and Ultimate Ghost from Find Mii will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Eggman

Chance - 0.01% - I can see it happening if we get another sonic character. I don't see that as likely, though.

Want - 0% - Enough with the third parties...

Pikachu Libre Representation

Chance - 0% - I can only think of a stand-alone trophy as possible; I don't think any way else would be pratical. And that would be difficult...

Want - 50% - Meh.

Predictions

Giana - 0.23% - Similar enough that Nintendo had to ask that they pull it from shelves to avoid infridement? Sounds like it was hard...

Ultimate Ghost - 2.35% - How would this even work?

Nominations

Namco develops SSB5 X5

D

Deleted member

Pikachu Libre

Double Zeroes

Eggman

I don't see a point of rerating him.

Predictions:

Giana - 0.1%

Ultimate Ghost - 0.1%

Nominations: Soul Calibur Mii Costumes x5

Smash Rookie
Eggman - Chance 0%, Want 15%

We won't be getting another Sonic character, and even if we did, Eggman is still far below Knuckles and Tails on the totem pole of important SEGA Sonic characters.

Pikachu Libre - Chance 0%, Want 5%

The only chance this gets any sort of representation is in Smash 5, and by the time that comes out I doubt it'll be relevant.

Nominate Alts (like Alph, Koopalings) eventually getting Amiibo x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
E.G.G.M.A.N.
G.E.T. A. L.O.A.D. O.F. T.H.I.S.
S.N.O.O.P.I.N.G.A.S.U.S.U.A.L.

C.H.A.N.C.E.: 2%
Not very likely, but why are we rerating him?

W.A.N.T.: 100%
The only 3rd party character I'd be 100% OK with having after all,

Pikachu Libre

Not as a character. H he'd work well as a costume, but there hasn't been any character costume DLC, just Mii costume DLC so I doubt he'll get in.
Want as a character( aka the rating your counting): 0%
He's already taking up a spot in Pokken, I don't want him doing the same in smash.

Predictions: Giana 0%

Predictions: Ultimate Ghost 0.05%

Nominations: Mr. Stevenson X5.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Dr. Eggman chances: 4.3%
I could see it happening if Sakurai wants to expand the Sonic series playable representation, but this is not something I'd expect.

Dr. Eggman want: 8%
One of the only additional Sonic character who would make sense to be added right now alongside Tails, but I don't want another Sonic character to be prioritized regardless, as I don't want to see Smash fully embrace guest series by giving them several characters no matter how influent or important these series had been on Nintendo. Plus if I want a crazy and megalomaniac villain in Smash, I'd rather have King K. Rool.

-----

Pikachu Libre representation chances: 0.04%
An alternate costume for Pikachu could be plausible, but I'm not confident about costumes for non-Mii characters happening at this point. Regardless, The Pokémon Company is not easy to work with and I'm not sure about them wanting Pikachu Libre fighting exactly like regular Pikachu especially when Pikachu Libre is a separate and unique character in Pokkén. And maybe the same separate character in Smash... no, not happening, ahah.

Pikachu Libre representation want: abstain
As long as it's not a separate character which would be a huge waste of a DLC character, I don't have any opinion on this.

-----

Giana prediction: 0.42%
She'll get maybe one or two optimistic scores then everyone else will destroy her.

Ultimate ghost prediction: 0.20%
Someone meant to get a low score.

Nominating:
Concept: ballot runner-up as SMM costumes x5
(Also CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica I'm pretty sure the five extras I gave it yesterday weren't counted. I believe there were at 18 before yesterday and you counted only the 3 regular nominations I gave them in my initial post.)

colder_than_ice colder_than_ice And after the rerates of Wolf and Ice Climbers, here's the new top 10 of want chart:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/618248RTCDLCTop10want15.png

Also shouldn't the September 30th character reveal be marked as "deconfirmed"? (Note that it's interestingly the first thing we've rated which had been truly "deconfirmed")

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Pikachu Libre
No no no! Not another Pokemon, especially one who's just Pikachu in a costume.
Who knows, they may use her to promote the Wii U version of Pokken.

Eggman
I don't want anymore third parties.
Chance: 0.25%
I hardly see him being the next third party choice, if there is one.

Nominations:
Barbara ×5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

I can't help but find it ironic that we're rating 2 luchadors on the same day, seriously, are these two related or something?
The man with the masterplan!:
Chances: 3%

Pikachu-Libre:
Chances: Character: 4% I can honestly see Nintendo forcing Sakurai to do this, they've been heavily promoting Pikachu Libre, so, it's possible.
Everything else: 10%
Want: If character: 3% I'd be upset that we got a reskin of Pikachu as a character, but I'd be somewhat happy on the inside that we got a Luchador.
If Alt: 100% Sure, why not.
If trophy or anything else: Abstain
Predictions: Giana
Ultimate Ghost:
Nominations: I could save up noms if I didn't vote for days, right? If so, 20 x Rerate! KOS-MOS and if not x 10 Rerate! KOS-MOS, I think her chances at even 4% are still too high.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Pikachu Libre
No no no! Not another Pokemon, especially one who's just Pikachu in a costume.
Who knows, they may use her to promote the Wii U version of Pokken.

Eggman
I don't want anymore third parties.
Chance: 0.25%
I hardly see him being the next third party choice, if there is one.

Nominations:
Barbara ×5

I can't help but find it ironic that we're rating 2 luchadors on the same day, seriously, are these two related or something?
The man with the masterplan!:
Chances: 3%

Pikachu-Libre:
Chances: 4% I can honestly see Nintendo forcing Sakurai to do this, they've been heavily promoting Pikachu Libre, so, it's possible.
Want: 3% I'd be upset that we got a reskin of Pikachu as a character, but I'd be somewhat happy on the inside that we got a Luchador.
Predictions: Giana
Ultimate Ghost:
Nominations: I could save up noms if I didn't vote for days, right? If so, 20 x Rerate! KOS-MOS and if not x 10 Rerate! KOS-MOS, I think her chances at even 4% are still too high.
The concept for today is Pikachu Libre representation aka a trophy, costume, assist trophy, not just a playable character

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Eggman chance: 2% I don't really think if Sega gets another fighter, Eggman would be the chosen one. I can only see him fighting with his round vehicle-robot thingy and that type of fighter is already taken by Bowsy and the Koopalings.
Eggman want: 20% I'd prefer Tails or Knuckles over him.

Pikachu Libre Rep chance: 35% I can certainly see Mii Brawler outfits of this, specially since Pókemon doesn't have any (or I can't remember any).
Pikachu Libre Rep want: 25% I don't care about Mii costumes.

Predictions: Giana:0,5%
Ultimate Ghost?: 0,2%

(Re?)rate Grovyle x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Eggman
Chance:
10%

Copy and paste:
I'll repost what I said about Tails because my thoughts for Tails are the same for Eggman.
Tails
Chance:
10%

Now... hear me out on this.
I do think that a 2nd Sonic character is pretty plausible now with the addition of Ryu.
Why? Ryu shows that a company can get a second character, meaning that a second Sonic character can happen. While Sega has its other franchises, they arguably aren't as influential or as popular as Sonic.
The Sonic fans will demand for a second character and we have some pretty iconic characters within this franchise that I bet will do pretty OK on the ballot. The three that stand out to me are Tails (the sidekick, Sonic's Luigi), Knuckles (the popular echidna that doesn't chuckle and rather flex his muscles), and Eggman (the main villain).
And while he is a background element in Green Hill Zone for the 3DS, it can simply be removed, much like if you play on Dream Land with King Dedede.
Now, I think the series has a 30% chance of getting a new character, 10% each for Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman. I don't think the chances are high because I don't think that the same case with a Capcom character will happen again, but I will not deny the possibility.
I am a Sonic fan, so I wouldn't mind a second Sonic character.

Pikachu Libre Representation
Chance and Want:
0%

If Pikachu Libre were to get representation, then Pikachu Libre would have to be either an alt costume for Pikachu (we don't even know if existing characters can have DLC alt costumes like in other fighting games) or would have to become a fighter.
I guess it would be cool to have it as an alt costume, but I wouldn't want to see it as a fighter.

Giana Prediction: 0.05%
Who?
Ultimate Ghost Prediction: 0.12%
Nothing to say.

Nominations: Goku 5x

Furret24

Smash Master
Eggman/Robuttnik/Baldy McNosehair
Want: 5%

Double zeros on Pikachu Libre rep.

Predictions
Giana: 2%
Ultimate Ghost: 0%

Nominations
Ivysaur x5
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
For those who I am guessing only read about Giana's first game only, I do hope you look more past that. Just saying. :/

And before somebody says "But she'd just be a Mario Clone" or "She doesn't even exist anymore".

Well, In 2009 the franchise was revived... On the DS of all things, And being just a Mario clone? Well: This is her most recent game. Aside from another recent game which is pretty much an addon for a competitive multiplayer.

She's kind of grown away from her Mario-esc roots now, hasn't she? Just so you think before you give her a score, honestly.

And why I think she deserves to be in over the likes of Shovel Knight... The thing is: She has a history with Nintendo, and not just a "new born Indie". Giana has been around for quite some time and still has quite a good following you'd be surprised to see. And unlike clones such as... Bubsy - Giana was actually liked for one. ;)
So please note: Yeah, She is still alive and well: plus she really isn't a ripoff anymore. She's her own thing now. =P

Simply putting this out because I hope you read past her first game, if not... That's kind of bad. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
PikaLibre:
Want: abstain
Another example of missed costumes, she would have been fun to add (though I'd really have liked to see PikaMadame in). She is being promoted in Pokken, so that may be all she gets.
I'm sorry, his name is Dr. Robotnik.
There are a few characters from the sonic series I wouldn't mind seeing since it's basically Nintendo's now anyway, but I'd prefer Tails or Knuckles before him. Still, I really have no loyalty to the series in general, so meh.
Predictions: 0.1 each.

Nom: FoD x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Eggman:

Want: 50%

Pikachu Libre:

Chance: 0.6%

Want: 0.3%

Predictions for Giana: 0.3% Chance, 0.8% Want
Predictions for Ultimate Ghost: 0.5% Chance, 0.3% Want