• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Anthony Higgs
Chance: 1.3%
Too minimal a presence in the Metroid franchise. I'll give the Galactic Federation soldier a small score of 1.3%.
This seems to be the explanation for many potential Metroid characters...

Want: 1.2%
Because people would complain too much if this happened.

Knuckles
Chance: 0.5%
They would choose Tails before him. I'll give Knuckles the Echidna a small rating of 0.5%.
Unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle, or make the roster...

Want: 2.1%
Not the next Sonic representative I would prefer.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Anthony Higgs
Chance: 1%
Want: 80%

Knuckles
Chance: 5%
Want: 60%

Henry Fleming Prediction: 2.56%
Malon Prediction: .03%

Nominations:
Klefki x4
Wii U Earthbound stage x1

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Anthony Higgs.... & Knuckles:

Quad Zeroes

Predictions:

Henry Fleming: 1.25%
Malon:0%

Nominate Wolf x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Anthony Higgs' chances: 0.5%
Want: 0%

Knuckles' chances: 5%
Want: 20%

Henry Fleming prediction: 2.14%
Malon prediction: 0%

Nominations: Chrom x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Got errands to run for the night and other important things, so this will be quick.

Anthony Higgs

Knuckles the Knuckles
Chance: 10%

Henry Fleming Prediction: 2.80%
Malon Prediction: .02%

Nominations: Lark (Pilotwings) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Anthony Higgs
Chance: 0%

Knuckles

Nominations: Chibi Robo x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ANTHONY
CHANCE: 1.18%
WANT: 19.18%

KNUCKLES
CHANCE: 6.28%
WANT: 23.27%
Next up we're rating Henry Fleming and Malon for some reason. Also please predict what score John Raimi and Endou Mamoru will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Henry Fleming

He has a chance, unlike the character below.

Want: Abstain

Malon

(Double Zeroes)

Seriously?! A random NPC that doesn't even fight?!

Predictions:

John Raimi - 0.1%

Endou Mamoru - 0.4%

Nominations: Zero (Mega Man) x5

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Malon

Chance: 15%
Malon has consistent characterization in all four of her appearances, a significant role in the most popular Zelda game of all time, potential for a unique dairy farmer moveset, is someone completely outside the tired big three, and is not a divisive character. I actually see this as one of the more likely Zelda newcomers for the 5th. The fanbase is split on who the best option is, but I think Malon is one of those characters Sakurai would give us as something we didn't know we wanted. He wouldn't lose sleep either with the understanding she is not some obscure one-off and has in fact earned her stripes as a timeless Zelda classic. Malon is the Zelda newcomer the franchise deserves and the one it needs right now.

Want: 100%
I'm totally disinterested in the idea of a pirate or a 2nd Sheikah. Next to Classic Ganon, she is my most wanted Zelda newcomer.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Malon

Not a character with a big following for the ballot, especially with other Zelda characters with MUCH bigger followings

Want: 15%

Even though she's does have potential to be a quirky and unique character, she's not Impa #SorryNotSorry

Henry Fleming

Double Zeroes

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Henry Fleming

Chance - 3.5% - Yeah, now that the game has been out for a while, it looks like he may have lost some steam (pun intended). The game ended up with middling to average reviews, and wasn't heavily considered. Still, I might say that the early push might be enough to make it in, though I doubt it.

Want - 78.5% - Now that I have the game, I kinda want him a bit more.

Malon

Chance - 0% - Mallon's last new game was Minsh Cap, as a minor NPC. In fact, that's all she ever has been. Not even memorable, she would be lucky if she even managed to scrap together a move set.

Want - 0% - Have I said "Tetra and Vatti" around here enough times?

Predictions

John Rami - 0% - Not even released in Japan. That's a good sign.

Endou Mamoru - 1.25% - Not Layton or part of that Yokkai Watch craze.

Nominations

Chibi Robo X5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Henry Fleming:

Malon:

Chance and Want:0%

Predictions:

John and Endou:0%

Nominate Wolf x5

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Malon

Chance: confirmed actually, Saw it on... :4shulk: A Vision!

Want: 99%
OMG Malon is one of my favorite secondary zelda characters!
Malon could turn out to be one of thouse WTF character that nobody ever saw comming. Her moveset could involve her using a giant pitchfork to fight do we have farmers in smash? No, totally unique she could also use a bow for long range attacks ever played Majora's mask yeah uses one. Milk bottle taunt return FTW.
Her final smash could easily be a Massive Cucco swarm or asomething envolving Epona.

Henry Flemming

Want: 70%
♪Citzens! Look Around! Can You Hear That Fearsome Sound? There's A Menace That's Encroaching Something Alien's Approaching. Join The Team That Goes By Code Name S.T.E.A.M. Pick Up Your Pack And March To Fight Back The Monster Menace What A Team! They Call Them Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. United They Stand With Every Woman, Child, And Man♪
Catchy song let's put him in smash.

Nominate: Neku Sakuraba X5

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Malon
Want: 1%
Believe it or not I don't think we need more Zelda characters. Now's the time to bring in newcomers from more neglected franchises.
Can't see her being likely but its not impossible.

Henry Flemming
It's be nice to have a new character from a new franchise. That always gets bonus points from me. But otherwise I'm not too interested.
I don't see him likely either but he's the most likely character from that game to be picked next to Lincoln himself.

Nominations:
Barbara ×5

Fleming: 1% chance, 0% want

The tepid reception to this game guarantees he's in the back of the line, even if he is one of Intelligent Systems' babies. Also not a big fan of the game's art style. It worked for Batman: The Animated Series and Johnny Bravo, but the toast doesn't always land jelly-side down. I also don't like the borrowing of stock literary and historical characters. Medusa in Kid Icarus or Dracula in Castlevania are straddling my tolerance level as it is, but this game is all about it.

Malon: 1% chance, 50% want

Zelda is the kind of series where I see the charm in every bit character. Hyrule Warriors was a fine demonstration of various Zelda characters' combat prowess, some probably not thought possible. Malon, a memorable NPC in what many would call the series' magnum opus, can exude cuteness, farm handiness, and a short temper in her moves. The song she sings is sure to trigger some memories in oldschool gamers.

However, she's still a little further back in the line of Zelda characters I'd like to see. Another issue is that the single most memorable thing about her is that her own father is terrified of her, and that can't so easily be acknowledged in gameplay. Her other claim to fame is being Epona's original owner; maybe that could be worked in. Oh, and I agree with XeVioN about the return of the milk bottle taunt.

Predict:
Raimi: 0.56%
Endo: 1.13%

Nominate:
Pikachu Libre representation ×5

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I had no clue who Malon even was, so I took a minute to look this character up.

Turns out it's an adorable farmhand from several of the Zelda games.

You know what?

I wouldn't even mind. I'd take her over Tingle, but she's no Impa. And take even Tingle over another version of Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf. Above Tingle, above another version of the Triforce Trio, but below Impa or Vaati or Tetra (I realize she's still Zelda, but she's not Shiek, which is the point. At least she's a pirate, which we don't have).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Henry Flemmings

Malon

Want: 1%

Predictions: John Raimi 0%

Predictions: Endo Mamoru

Nominations: Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe) X5.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Henry
Chance abstain
Want 0%

Malon
Chance 0%
Want 20%

I like Malon/Cremia/Romani. She's pretty but I'd rather her in Hyrule Warriors. Maybe she can grab a cow by the nose ring and swing it around like a ball & chain.

Speaking of Romani, nominate Majora's Mask stage x5

Prediction 0 for both

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Henry Fleming chances: 0.15%
Copy and paste:
A new IP from Nintendo which doesn't look like it is intended to be promoted to one of Nintendo's flagship series. I mean, compare this game's promotion to Splatoon... and it's extremely rare that IPs like this get playable representation in Smash Bros. Not to mention I doubt we'll ever get a playable representative from a tactical series from IS that isn't the much more established Fire Emblem, especially if Advance Wars never got one. His support also seems to be lacking.
Last time I gave him 0.45% chances. But with how the game did overall, even then I think it may be too high.

Henry Fleming want: 5%
My interest in Codename S.T.E.A.M. admittedly decreased over time, plus he's born after Smash itself... though it'd be cool for him to be an Assist Trophy in the next gen Smash.

-----

Malon chances: 0.01%
Sure there's that "farmer moveset" thing but even then I'm not even sure it may save her. Malon herself and the ranch thing are overall a minor part in the grand scheme of things in the Zelda series to warrant playable representation. She could also permanently ride Epona, one of the last major icons of the series who have yet to be playable, which imo is her main selling point as a contender. Anyway, the lack of support she gets means she will most likely not even be considered.

Malon want:
If she rides Epona: 70%
Otherwise: 0%
So overall I'll give her a want score of 55%
Basically if I want Malon in Smash I want her as a rider for Epona who isn't a third Link. Epona imo is the last TLoZ character to be enough of a timeless icon representative of the series to make me confident she's qualifiable for Smash, but at the same time I've tried to think about a moveset for Epona on her own and no matter how I thought about it it never felt right. As such I've thought to add Link to ride her thus making her easier to design a moveset for and feeling more faithful to the source series... but there's one single problem... it would add A THIRD FREAKING LINK to the roster.

As one of the two characters strongly associated with Epona in TLoZ alongside Link himself it would make sense for Malon to ride her in Smash, borrowing fighting techniques Link himself used in those games such as horse archery (her Romani counterpart used a bow in Majora's Mask after all), or even making a big poe appear from afar and the first player who kills the big poe gets a temporary boost in power or speed, and I think she would be okay to use a sword of some sort to emulate Link's horseback swordplay. Epona herself could also be involved in many moves, being a unique mount who relies on her massive physical strength rather than the Koopa Clown Car's various and crazy accessories.

And for the "side character who doesn't fight" thing, well... :rosalina: just saying. Though you may argue that Rosalina is more important to Mario Galaxy than Malon is to the Zelda games she appears in.

I overall gave her a want score higher than 50% because I think she's most likely to ride Epona if she becomes playable, but if she fights on her own then my want becomes a flat zero. That said, I'm kind of worried about Malon herself being too anecdotal in the grand scheme of things for the series as a whole to warrant playable representation even if Epona is the main star of the show, thus preventing me to want her more than that. I hope she will appear in the new Zelda for Wii U, which would be her first reappearance in a 3D Zelda title, so she can confirm herself to be the second character strongly associated with Epona alongside Link, which would increase my want for the idea. Her being added in Hyrule Warriors and able to ride Epona would also cement that.

-----

John Raimi prediction: 0.38%
Very obscure, not released in Japan. Ouch.

Endou Maroru prediction: 1.38%
He's lacking Layton's international fame or that Yokai Watch craze in Japan.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x4
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x1

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Henry Fleming:
Chances: 3% The guy's game bombed, I don't think that bodes well for his chances.
Want: 0% Not interested.

Malon:
Chances: 0% She's pretty irrelevant with exception to Ocarina of Time and even then she doesn't really do much.
Want: 0% I say Neigh :troll:

Predictions: John Raimi: 0%
Endou Maroru: 1%

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Henry Fleming
Chance:
1%

He at least has some sort of chance, but his game bombed and it isn't noteworthy as let's say Xenoblade or EarthBound, games that didn't sell amazingly, but still have a large cult following.
I'm not interested in his game to be honest. The concept was stupid in my eyes.

Malon
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

A one-off that has little moveset potential. I don't want her to begin with.

John Raimi Prediction: .50%
His game is pretty much forgotten.
Endou Maroru Prediction: .11%
Apparently he is the main character of Inazuma Eleven. I don't think that he will do well tomorrow.

Nominations: Riki 5x

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Henry Fleming

Chance & Want: 0%

Malon

Chance & want: 0%

- My Zelda-ish rep would be Lana.

Predictions

John Reimi: 0.4%
Endou Mamoru: 1.7%

- Inazuma Seven could use some nice representation.

Nominations

Eliwood x3
Oliver (Fire Emblem) x7

EDIT: Oh, I got 5 more nominations, right? I'll give those to TRUE beauty. :troll:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Henry Fleming

Want: 30%

CODENAME S.T.E.A.M is seen by many as a one-shot IP and rightfully so. The actual odds of getting Mr Fleming in Smash are pretty bad to say the least. I'd entertain the concept more were it not for the fact that you can make a perfect Mii of this guy and the Steampunk Getup exists.

Who the hell is Malon?

*googles*

Oh...a Zelda character. Abstain.

Predictions:

Raimi: 0
Endou: 0

Nominate: Chrom x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Flemming's Chance: 5%
Sadly, the game didn't do too well in sales, so there isn't much demand for him.

Flemming's Want: 100%
The game's core Steam Management mechanic would translate into a very unique and interesting fighter in Smash Bros. Players could spend smaller amounts of steam for quicker/weak attacks or conserve it to use for bigger/stronger attacks. It would lead to new strategies and fit right in all the other gimmicky characters we have now.

----------

Malon's Chance: 0%
Out of all the characters from the Zelda series to choose from, I highly doubt she will even be an afterthought, let alone considered, or heaven forbid, chosen. There's just no demand for her, so she'd be beyond risky to sell on her own merits.

Malon's Want: 0%
Why...?

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I don't know anything about Henry Flemmings so I'll just move onto Malon.

Chance: 10%
Personally I'm not sure how likely it is we'll even get another Zelda character to begin with, but I wouldn't dismiss her completely. It's not like there's any characters left that are INSANELY popular that aren't in the game already. She may not have the biggest fan base, but it's definitely out there alive and kicking. I'd dare to give her a higher rating, but I will admit there's probably a few more people out there who are rooting for characters like Ghirahim and considering we don't have a character who's primarily from Skyward Sword, I feel he'd be a bit more likely. I definitely think her chances rival characters such as Tingle and Impa, however. Plus, besides Ness and Lucas and I guess Toon Link we don't have too many children like characters, either, so maybe that'd cater that little bit more to the younger target audience. *shrugs*

Want: 70%
I already have my man Toon Link in the game, so really it wouldn't kill me to not see another Zelda character, however if there's any characters from the franchise that I'd like to see over another, it'd be either Malon or Tingle yes, I like Tingle, sue me. Specifically for Malon, I know people are saying she has no move set potential, but I don't think that could be further from the true. If there's a character who people have a hard time thinking of a moveset for, then that simply means that more imagination would have to be put into that moveset to make it work, and the more imagination and effort that's been put into it is going to equal more creativity and uniqueness for the character, surely. If we can have a duck and a dog duo as a fighter, I don't think a cute little girl who farms for a living is THAT far fetched, and ultimately that's my point. It'd be something we haven't seen before.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Henry Fleming:

Chance: 4%

Want: 2%

Malon:

Chance: 1.2%
Nothing short of a miracle will get her in.

Want: 45%
I do like wacky left-field characters that no one expects.

Predictions for Raimi: 2% Chance, 6% Want
Predictions for Endou: 2% Chance, 3% Want

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fleming

Want: 25%
A brand new one-off character from a game that didn't exactly do so hot - doesn't seem likely. Still, I've warmed up to the idea a bit since the character does look cool.
Malon

Seriously? Malon is one of the weirdest choices in the history of weird choices. I'm all for a new Zelda character, but one who is actually relevant to the series, not one who people are furiously trying to ship the main character with. She doesn't even have a support thread here! (Well, she does, but it's about 7 posts long and it's closed as it's gotten no activity in almost two years) With competition on the likes of Impa (a recurring character who showed up more than Malon and actually fights in SS), Midna (the most beloved of all exposition fairies, so she was at Link's side the whole game), Ghirahim (one of the few minor villains with loads of personality), Tingle (massive fanbase in Japan, even more massive hatebase in the US), Tetra (another one who actually fights, and shows that Zelda is not useless), it's really weird to pull someone that out of left field. Besides, that would make A LOT of people really mad, and therefore wouldn't sell, which means they're wasting their time (which would also piss people off). Also consider Hyrule Warriors - the self-admitted 'Avengers'-style time-merge spin-off - which included all of the potentials I've mentioned above (and I need to mention the Ganondorf we should have had again), and did not even mention the poor little farm girl.
Malon is trophy material, and that's about it. If Sakurai really was taking her into consideration with negligible support and no moveset potential over all of the above fan favorites, there's something seriously wrong. This is akin to adding Pauline as the next DK rep - some sideline NPC added purely for shock value over several fan-requested characters. Yeah, I see that working...
Predictions: 0.5%

Nom: 3DS stage for U x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Henry Fleming

Henry comes from a new game series that was promoted as a new IP, but unfortunately, his game didn't do that well. When you compare that with another game that came out roughly the same time with the similar status of being promoted as a new IP, Splatoon. Splatoon ended up stealing most of S.T.E.A.M.'s due to its better reviews and higher popularity, so much to the point that the Inklings are becoming fore-runners on the Smash Ballot scene. Henry on the other hand? His ballot support is quite minimal compared to the Inklings. Perhaps he will become more likely of a candidate for Smash 5 when the S.T.E.A.M. sequel(s) come out, but from where he currently stands, I'm doubtful.

Want: 25%

I might've never played Codename S.T.E.A.M, but Henry definitely looks like a character that would work quite well in Smash Bros. I wouldn't mind if he was in Smash 4, but I'd much prefer seeing Henry in Smash 5 since I have a feeling his series could develop in the coming years.

Malon:

Yes, she has an important role in Ocarina of Time, but in the other games she's appeared in, she functions as a minor NPC character. When you compare her to the Zelda ballot forerunners like Ganon, Impa, and Tetra, her ballot support is almost nonexistent. Even then, all three of the forerunners are also generally seen as more important characters in the series since they stayed important throughout a series of games (Tetra could be debatable, but she has a major role in Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Hyrule Warriors 3D) compared to Malon, so I don't think she's that likely for a fifth Zelda game

Want: 4%

A farmer-style moveset or a moveset involving Epona would make her an interesting inclusion, but I would much prefer seeing Tetra or Impa (preferably Impa between the two) to join Smash Bros.

Predictions:

John Raimi (Geist): 0.18%
Endou Mamoru (Inazuma Eleven): 1.84%

Nominations:

Erureido Erureido wins for Anthony Higgs
Yes! This calls for a happy dance!

(Concept) Blazblue representation: x5
(Rerate) Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Henry Fleming:

Malon:

Chance: 3%

Nominations:

M. Bison x3
Metal Sonic x2

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Henry Fleming
Game bombed, but it's still something IS can offer besides FE
Want: 100%
Favorite character in the game and know everything he could bring to Smash

Malon
Double Zeroes

Troykv

Smash Master
Henry Fleming:

This would be a higher score... But... This bombed worse that Wonderful 101 (a lot worse, at least W101 solds like 300,000K Worldwide, and has a notable cult people... Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. solds like 60,000K.. World wide.. and almost everything is from USA). Also applies that this games arrives after Smash Bros... Impossible? Nah, but unlikeable.

Otherwise the game's idea could make him a really interesting fighter. This is a shame, the game is really fun.. Maybe the future could be better for this game if some people actually give this poor black sheep a chance.

Predictions:

John Raimi: 0.65%
Endou Mamoru: 0.43%

(Mamoru no tameni, makeranai (?) )

Oh god, the "Mamoru" always cross my mind with all the times that I play with Roy and the times that I listened Yoshika (from an anime) saying this "word" several times.

Nominations:

Rerate! Micaiah x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Henry Fleming
Chance: 6%
The franchise is probably too new and low priority for Sakurai to give all that much attention to it, but you never know. I'll give code name Henry a total of 6%, which is a 2% drop from my previous rating.
Let's see where this franchise is going...

I don't really know too much about him.

Malon
Chance: 0.8%
Too minimal a character in the Zelda franchise with almost no support or moveset potential. I'll give the farm girl a chance of 0.8%.
She needs more presence in a franchise as big as Zelda in order to really get considered...

Want: 3%
I've already got my obligatory Zelda characters that I'm rooting for.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Quadruple zeroes today

John Raimi Prediction: 0%
Endou Mamoru Prediction: 1%

Nominations:
Klefki x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Henry Fleming's chances: 3%

Malon: DOUBLE ZEROES

John Raimi prediction: 0.42%
Endou prediction: 0.42%

Nominations: Chrom x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Henry Fleming's chances: 3%

Malon: DOUBLE ZEROES

John Raimi prediction: 0.40%
Endou prediction: 0.40%

Nominations: Lark (Pilotwings) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Henry Flemming
Chance: 1% - Code Name S.T.E.A.M. has no future, it crashed and burned.

Malon
Chance: 0% - She may have appeared in four Zelda games, but she's only had very minor roles and hasn't been seen in over a decade.

Nominations: Chibi Robo x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
HENRY FLEMING
CHANCE: 2.01%
WANT: 24.21%

MALON
CHANCE: 1.21%
WANT: 17.30%
Next up we're rating two characters you're going to have to google to know anything about: John Raimi from Geist and Endou Mamoru from Inazuma eleven. Also please predict what score Chrom and Micaiah will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Endou Mamoru and John Raimi

As you can see, this is yet another Capcom game with "zero" in the title. It also happens to be on Nintendo's fourth home console.

0 x 4 = Quadruple Zeroes

Predictions:

Micaiah - 2%

Chrom - 0.3%

He's about to get destroyed.

Nomination: Zero (Mega Man) x5

Top Bottom