• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sceptile
40% Chance
100% Want

Nester 1% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Pichu x 5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Sceptile
Chance: 26%
Want: 100%

Nester
Double zeroes

Anthony Higgs Prediction: 2.25%
Knuckles Prediction: .46%

Nominations:
Endou Mamoru x4
Klefki x1

Troykv

Smash Master
Sceptile:

Chance: 10%

The Pokémon Support is a little bit shared between some Pokémon, but Sceptile has the luck to be the one of the most popular options in the West. And.... he/she/it is a Starter Pokémon, that already helps its chances.

Want: 50%

Personally I'm :4ness: with this.

Nester... WHAT?

Abstain.

Predictions:

Anthony Higgs: 0.5%
The one that doesn't chuckle (Knuckles): 8.5%

Nominations:

Rerate! Micaiah x4
Concept: Second Rep from Namco/Sega x1

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sceptile's chances: 5%

Sorry, but I'm not convinced that a Pokemon newcomer is that likely. I still feel that DLC is more likely to spread out through multiple franchises, and even if Pokemon got another character, there's three veterans for it left, and I would expect any of them before a new character. Sceptile is the most likely newcomer choice though, I'll give it that.

Want: 0%

Most fairly popular choices will get at least a 5% from me, but this is one choice I really don't care for. I don't like his design nor do I see me enjoying his playstyle, and I'm far more interested in choices from just about everything he covers: Pokemon newcomers in general, Generation III, Grass types, and his own evolution line.

Nester: DOUBLE ZEROES

I don't see the need to explain this one.

Anthony Higgs prediction: 0.99%
Knuckles prediction: 2.53%

Nominations: Chrom x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sceptile
Chance: 5%
Pretty much what I said before, except I'm taking off a few points this time around since his support has quieted down and nothing else has really changed otherwise.

Want: 10%
I see the idea behind the character, but again, I don't like the ideology behind the character's support. For the most part, his support comes from being a "rep," and I don't feel that's a strong point for him to stand on and be playable, especially when a number of other Pokémon (not to mention, other characters in general) aren't pushed for what they "rep," they're pushed for their other merits like popularity, notability and the like.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Nester double 0

Sceptile
Chance 10%
Probably the most likely newcomer pokemon, but that doesn't really mean much since I no longer expect another pokemon.
Want 70%
It is a really cool Pokemon, probably my favourite of the Hoenn lot my most want Pokemon newcomer.

Prediction 0 for both

Nominate Majora's Mask stage x5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Sceptile:

Chance: 7%
Want: 8%

Nester:

Want: 2%

Nominations:
M. Bison x3
Metal Sonic x2

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
So, I suppose you guys are wondering why I didn't update yesterday. Don't worry I have a very good excuse.

I forgot

Sceptile
Chance: 1%

Nester
Double Zeroes

Nominations: Chibi Robo x5 (anyone willing to help me break the tie?)

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
SCEPTILE
CHANCE: 8.89%
WANT: 27.85%

NESTER
CHANCE: 0.25%
WANT: 12.58%
Next up we're rating Anthony Higgs and Knuckles the echidna. Also please predict what score Henry Flemming and Malon will get tomorrow.

Anthony Higgs
chance and want 0%
no. The less Other M we get the better. Apparently this is the one redeemable quality of Other M but that isnt saying much. Even then there a much better options for Metroid.

Noms
Ace Attorney Representation 3
Wonder red rerate 2 ( how have we never rerated him? Strange I conveniently get a new avi the same day I come back for noms.)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
REMEMBAH ME

Want: 7%

Okay, so this guy Anthony Higgs is Other M's cheesy, hammy black sci-fi partner to Samus. I don't see how that translates to being Smash-viable and his memetic gold isn't a reason. Ridley is the ideal Metroid character for Smash overall, but due to his being a piñata, Sylux is the next most ideal thing at the present time and it isn't very likely either. Why would you choose that one side character from Other M?

SHUT UP

Third party companies can have more than one character in Smash, yes, but why would you choose Knuckles over Tails or Dr. Eggman? The PMBR is making him for Project M anyway.

Predictions:

Henry Fleming: 1.5%
Malon: 1%

Nominate: Chrom x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anthony Higgs

(Double Zeroes)

Knuckles

Chance and Knuckles: 10%

The same score I gave Tails and Eggman.

Want and Knuckles: 100%

Predictions:

Henry Flemming - 1.3%

Malon - 0%

Nominations: Zero (Mega Man) x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Anthony Higgs:

Eh... One of few "relatively" viable options that left... and probably the best thing in Other M... Still unlikeable.

I don't like the random Metroid's choices... But hey, he is looks cool hahaha. It's my brother's favorite character in that game.

Knuckles... the one that doesn't chuckle

Chance: 9%

Eh... one the most viable options for a SEGA and Sonic Second Rep... The problem? Tails and Eggman are bigger gaming icons.

Want: 60%

Hey! He is cool! I like his style and design.

Predictions.

Nominations:

Henry Fleming: 2.3%
Malon: 0.1%

Nominations:

Rerate! Micaiah x4
Concept: Second SEGA/Namco Rep x1

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Anthony Higgs

Chance: 5%: There is a chance, but I don't see any actual reason as to why he would be included.
Want: 0%: He ain't Ridley.

Knuckles

Chance: 5%: Why would he get in over Eggman or Tails? Heck, I'd even say Shadow would get in first, had Shadow not been an AT again.
Want: 50%: Eh, I can just play PM for Knux once the time comes.

Henry prediction: 2.7%
Malon: 0.2%

Dr. Eggman X5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
No, I don't remember you...who are you again?

Chance: 0%
Let's face it, we all know who the next big name in the Metroid series is after Samus whether Sakurai wants to admit it or not. With the rage we've gotten so far, I can't imagine what it would be like to get anyone else from that series over Ridley. Here's a series that really doesn't have too many perennial characters, so anyone they throw in who is not a big purple pterosaur would just feel completely like "Oh, we thought we needed another Metroid rep, so we pulled names out of a hat."
Particularly if they chose another human whose only appearance was being the meme fountain from the most hated game in the series.
I got RIPPED in 3 weeks from the Chaos Emeralds! See how easy it is!

Want: 25%
A second fiddle to Tails, but they've really been promoting him since he came out as the *cool* Sonic. I could easily see either him or Tails getting in as a second Sonic rep, but I don't know if we'll get one of those. I wouldn't mind seeing either, but I don't want this to turn too much into "Mario and Sonic at the For Glory Games"

Fleming prediction: 0.1%
Malon prediction: 0.0%

Nom: 3DS Stage on WiiU x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Anthony

Want: 1%

Knuckles
Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle, I'd rather flex mah muscles.
Want: 20%

Predictions: Henry Flemings 0.05%

Predictions: Malon 0%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Anthony Higgs

Chance - 0% - Just because you're the only good thing to come out of a bad game, doesn't mean that you're good enough to get in. Not much of a move set along with the lack of notability (and thus also popularity) within his own series makes him much smaller compared to the very big fish already in the series.

Want - 0% - Remember him? Can we instead forget him?

Knuckles the Enchilada

Chance - 0% - Even if we got a second Sonic character, I'd place my bets more on Tails or Eggman. I don't see him, at all.

Want - 0% - Honestly, the disappointing third party line-up after Mega Man has left me soured for now. Not many I would like.

Predictions

Henry Fleming - 15.24% - I can see a drop, but I'm not certain how much.

Malon - 0.04% - A non-combatant in an adventure series? Why?

Nominations

Chibi Robo X5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Anthony Higgs

Comedic effect. Remember me?! I feel like if any decent number of people requested Higgs or Malkovich, it would've been done. Just say the word and you'll have your Metroid REP. You can't be picky forever. You'll break eventually.

Knuckles

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Anthony Higgs

A one off side character with no moveset potential from the worst game in the series

You're not Ridley, or Sylux, Rundas, Mini-Kraid, or even a Metroid. With so many awesome designs to pull from that series, I have no clue whey you'd pick a generic human soldier. The only worse possible pick here is Adam.

But most importantly?

You're not Ridley.

Knuckles

Chance: 3%

That seems really low but I know Knuckles is getting votes, but I imagine Tails and Eggman are beating him on that front, assuming a second Sonic character is chosen, assuming a second Sega character is chosen, assuming another third party is chosen.

Want: 15%

I wouldn't mind him.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Anthony chances (and want):

(Double zeroes)
I don't feel like explaining this. Other people already did better than I could have.

Knuckles chances: 0.7%
I'm not sure about one single guest series getting more than one character, and even then Tails seems like the more logical choice for a Sonic sidekick.

Knuckles want: 1%
I'd rather not see Smash fully embrace third-party seires by giving them more than one character, and even then Tails and Dr. Eggman would be the only choises I think would make the most sense.

-----

Henry Fleming prediction: 3.22%
After that Codename S.T.E.A.M. proven itself to not have much of an impact I'm expecting him to get much less grateful ratings.

Malon prediction: 0.19%
Seems like a random choice for a LoZ character.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x1
Concept: no third-party DLC character after Ryu x4 (so it can quit the danger zone right now)

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know we're rating memes right?

Anthony Higgs
Want: 10%

I'd not be opposed.
Just shocked

Knuckles the Echidna:
Chance: 8%

I like how people have made up this excuse of a Sonic character as having a chance just because they don't see Tail's potential

Knuckles appearing limits the potential of the Sonic series representation by giving it a brawler instead of a twin-tailed genius or a distorted doctor of doom, both being more important to the series.

No third party after Ryu x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Anthony Higgs

Chance & Want: 0%

Knuckles

Chance: 0.08%

- Dr. Eggman or Amy would be the only Sonic reps I wouldn't mind.

Predictions

Henry Fleming: 2.1%
Malon: 0.9%

Nominations

Eliwood x3
Oliver (Fire Emblem) x2

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Knuckles:
Chances: 4% I feel Tails and Dr. Eggman outclass him to the point where it would be a bit crazy if he got in before them.
Want: 0% I'd heavily prefer Dr. Eggman or Tails.

Anthony Higgs:
Chances: 0.3% Sadly, I don't think he's remembered by much of the public.

Predictions:
Henry Flemming : 2%
Malon: 0%

Nominations: Clefairy x 5

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
Anthony Higgs:
Metroid has far far better ideal reps. (Ridley)

Knuckles:
Chance: 15%
Want: 25%
More Sonic characters would be great, and Knuckles would make a good fighter, but personally I'd rather have Tails first.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Knuckles, who doesn't chuckle
Chance:
10%

Copy and paste what I said for Tails and Eggman:
Tails
Chance: 10%
Now... hear me out on this.
I do think that a 2nd Sonic character is pretty plausible now with the addition of Ryu.
Why? Ryu shows that a company can get a second character, meaning that a second Sonic character can happen. While Sega has its other franchises, they arguably aren't as influential or as popular as Sonic.
The Sonic fans will demand for a second character and we have some pretty iconic characters within this franchise that I bet will do pretty OK on the ballot. The three that stand out to me are Tails (the sidekick, Sonic's Luigi), Knuckles (the popular echidna that doesn't chuckle and rather flex his muscles), and Eggman (the main villain).
And while he is a background element in Green Hill Zone for the 3DS, it can simply be removed, much like if you play on Dream Land with King Dedede.
Now, I think the series has a 30% chance of getting a new character, 10% each for Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman. I don't think the chances are high because I don't think that the same case with a Capcom character will happen again, but I will not deny the possibility.
I should also add that Knuckles barely made it on Japan's most wanted at number 50, according to Source Gaming.
I am a Sonic fan and I wouldn't mind a second character. Knuckles is just awesome and it's sad that he doesn't have major roles in games like Sonic Generations and Lost World and the fact that he was excluded in Unleashed and Colors. We need the trio!
Roy isn't my boy; my boy is Knuckles.

Anthony Higgs
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

Cited as one of the better parts of Other M, he still comes from Other M, a game that is pretty divisive (but mostly disliked) in the Metroid community. He also has little ballot support and most of the Metroid support is going to Sylux and Ridley.
As for want, I never played Other M (and I don't plan on playing it), so I can't say that I have a connection with him. He would be a disappointing choice for DLC.

Henry Fleming Prediction: 2.40%
Again?
Malon Prediction: .04%
We are really trying to beat Bubsy and Mike, huh? This isn't Hyrule Warriors.

EDIT: Adding extra nominations.
Nominations: Crono 10x

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony Higgs: Double Zeroes

Knuckles

Henry Fleming: 2%
Malon: 0%

Ice Climbers 5x
Again, I think their chance score is too high, and I have nothing else to nominate.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Anthony Higgs' Chance: 1%
He isn't impossible, but he isn't really wanted either. I'm sure they will look to a different series for DLC that will sell.

Anthony Higgs' Want: 0%
With the nature of the Metroid series, it's hard to think of anyone who'd really be viable and interesting aside from Samus herself. I'm fine with Samus being the sole playable character for Metroid indefinitely.

----------

Knuckles' Chance: 20%
He has good support and Sonic characters are popular enough that they would sell very well as DLC. Of course, Tails and Eggman are higher on the totem poll than he is, so I'd be unlikely that he makes it in before either of the two, if not both.

Knuckles' Want: 25%
I feel Sonic is just too big of a series to have only one character, even if it is Third Party series. However, I'd rather have Tails and/or Dr. Eggman over him, unless it's the buff Knuckles from the Sonic Boom tv show, who I 100% support but we all know it wont be design/personality he'll get.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Knuckles' Want: 25%
I feel Sonic is just too big of a series to have only one character, even if it is Third Party series. However, I'd rather have Tails and/or Dr. Eggman over him, unless it's the buff Knuckles from the Sonic Boom tv show, who I 100% support but we all know it wont be design/personality he'll get.
Someone other than me that doesn't hate Boom Knuckles?

*Sonic Adventure 1 voice* Oh no.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Someone other than me that doesn't hate Boom Knuckles?

*Sonic Adventure 1 voice* Oh no.
I'm, happy, and surprised, to see that I'm not the only one too. I admit Sonic Boom, the tv show, is a guilty pleasure of mine and Knuckles is just so much fun on that show.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Anthony Higgs

Want: 5%

Adam Malkovich is far more iconic, so he has the upper hand.

Knuckles the Echidna?

It's very simple. We do not need a second Sonic representative. I know Ryu managed to get in, but that's a representative of two different capcom franchises. Even if we did get another SEGA rep, I think it would be someone from Virtua Fighter or Shin Megami Tensei.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Knuckles:
Chance: 15%
Not that highly requested, and he's not even the main sidekick of the series. If anything, we're more likely to get Tails or Robotnik.

No more Sonic characters, please.

Anthony Higgs:
Chance: 4%
Very minuscule support, from a game that was widely disliked.

Want: 75%
I actually support him. He'd be a really neat character, and his lines were awesome.

Ultimate Ghost x5

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Anthony Higgs:

Chance: 12%
Somewhat boring, but the most interesting of the human characters.

Meh.

Knuckles:

Chance: 43%
Plausible, but will most likely get looked over in favor of Tails or Eggman.

Want: 60%
I'd prefer Tails.

Predictions for Malon: 3% Chance, 4% Want
Predictions for Henry Fleming: 23% Chance, 46% Want

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Anthony Higgs

I can see Anthony getting in due to his relevancy and the idea that the Metroid series could go with another rep. Outside of that, Anthony has a lot of disadvantages right now. Not only does he lack ballot support (especially when compared to characters like Ridley and Sylux), but he also comes from a game that was arguably one of, if not, the most disliked game in the entire Metroid series. Yes, we already have a stage from Other M in the WiiU version, and Samus's Smash 4 outfit is based off her Other M design, but I'm sure Sakurai's development is aware that they shouldn't represent a such a disliked game that much.

Want: 5%

He would definitely have an element of surprise if he were revealed to join Smash (and perhaps in a good way if his reveal trailer will involve his "remember me" during it), but outside of that, I'm not too interested in seeing him in Smash Bros. I would prefer seeing Anthony over Ridley though (yeah, I'm one of those people that isn't interested in seeing Ridley in Smash).

Knuckles

Knuckles comes from the iconic Sonic series as one of the main heroes. With Sonic already in Smash, along with Ryu paving the way for the possibility of third parties having more than one character in the Smash roster, Knuckles could have decent shot considering his role in the Sonic games and his popularity. Unfortunately, he faces fierce competition against Tails and Dr. Eggman. Not only does he lack ballot support compared to them, but Tails and Dr. Eggman are also seen as more important characters to the Sonic series (Tails being Sonic's Luigi and Dr. Eggman being the series villain).

Want: 15%

He's up there as one of my favorite Sonic characters, but I would much prefer seeing Tails or Shadow (if he wasn't an Assist Trophy) join the roster as the second Sonic rep first.

Predictions:

Henry Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M.): 5.22%
Malon (Zelda): 0.00%

Nominations:

(Concept) BlazBlue representation: x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Anthony Higgs: