• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Mario123311

Smash Ace
+7 DLC characters
Chance: 0.5% :(
Want: 100%

I think we would have a better chance at reasonable and deserving reps, I dunno if Smash 4 is to be the last of the series after all.

*Nomonate Giana x5*

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
+7 DLC: 40%

I'm not nearly as confident in this as before, but I think there's still a pretty decent shot.

Though I think going too far beyond that might actually be a bit too much.

iDOLM@STER's chances: 15%

A Mii outfit is possible, but that's about it. Not expecting that, either.

Want: 50%

As long as it's nothing more than a Mii costume, I wouldn't be bothered by it.

Shadow prediction: 0.48%
Hitsun whatever prediction: 0.92%

Nominations: Lyn x5

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
7 DLC Characters: 65%

Idolm@ster Representation: 75%

Ok look, Namco has four really important franchises. They have Tekken, Tales of, IdolM@ster, and Pac-Man. The other 3 are already represented, in various ways. Idolm@s has representation in games like Tekken already, so why not smash? The board working on music contains tons of Im@s guys, meaning that Sakurai knows about it. It's a pretty big thing in Japan, so let's not be surprised once the series gets some type of representation.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And it appears that whoever was nominating that Super Mario Maker stage can finally stop doing so since it will finally happen.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Idolm@ster representation
Chance: 10%

7+ DLC
Chance: 40%

Nominations: Solo Ice Climber x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
IDOLM@STER REPRESENTATION
CHANCE: 19.62%
WANT (BASED ON ONLY 11 VOTES): 30.18%

7+ DLC CHARACTERS
CHANCE: 40.73%
WANT: 96.09%

Next up we're rating Shadow and the concept of a universal hitstun increase. Also please predict what score Gooey from Kirby and a Solo Ice Climber will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Shadow
Double 0, less than 0. Its just not happening, A third party assist trophy from a third party franhcise that already has a playable character.

Abstain from hitstun

Predictions in case I don't get another chance 2% for both

Nominate BF/FD past skins x5

Troykv

Smash Master
7 DLC Characters: 65%

Idolm@ster Representation: 75%

Ok look, Namco has four really important franchises. They have Tekken, Tales of, IdolM@ster, and Pac-Man. The other 3 are already represented, in various ways. Idolm@s has representation in games like Tekken already, so why not smash? The board working on music contains tons of Im@s guys, meaning that Sakurai knows about it. It's a pretty big thing in Japan, so let's not be surprised once the series gets some type of representation.
Do you forget put the nominations? xD

D

Deleted member

Abstaining from universal hitstun increase.

Shadow

"I am Shadow the Hedgehog; The Ultimate Life Form, relegated to the role of an Assist Trophy for two consecutive Smash installments. This...is who I am."

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Good.

Predictions:

Gooey - 1%

Solo Ice Climber - 5%

Nominations: Knuckles x15

Last edited by a moderator:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Before anyone comments on it, yes I'm aware that Idolm@ster costumes got a higher chance and want rating than Idolm@ster representation including costumes. Not the most accurate rating that we've done.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sorry I'm late; noms are updated.

OW the EDGE
Chance: 1%
Want: 0%
Not my favorite Sonic character. I like dark character archetypes, but the "dark edgy version of existing character" is undeniably boring. I'd prefer Tails or Knuckles.
Not to mention that Shadow's fine as an AT.
Hitstun
Want: abstain
Sakurai doesn't really seem to do more than simply acknowledge the existence of the competitive scene. As an outsider, I don't care one way or another, and probably wouldn't even notice if they did change it. Still, they do seem to be slowing down with balance updates, especially considering Mewtwo deserves to get buffed pretty well, as do Zelda and Samus.
Nom: 3DS stage to WiiU x5

Predictions: SoPo - 7.5%
Gooey: 0.1%

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Original the Character

Chance - 0% - Third Party! Assist Trophy! Double Whammy! C'mon, c'mon, go for the triple... Stop!

Want - 0% - WINNER! Perfect game!

Hitstun increase

Chance - 0.01% - I only see this if the developers thin they well and truly messed up. I'd think they'd try to balance the characters around the mechanics then bend the mechanics to the fighters...

Want - 50% - Eh... Don't care.

Predictions

Gooey - 1.23% - Old and irrelevent.

Solo Climber - 18.25% - Removing the gimick should be unpopular...

Nominations

Henry Fleming X5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
7+ DLC characters

Chance: 70%
Are we including the 4 already released?

You know what they say, the more the merrier, as long as its first party.

Idolm@ster

Chance: 25%

Predictions: Shadow 0.30%

Predictions: Hitstun 0.50%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
TheEdgyOne

Chance: 0%
Want: 5%

There's no way that he's getting in, the 5% of want is just because I like him, but I don't think he should be in this game.

Hitstun

Abstain.

Nominations

Rerate Impa X5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Wait what... a Super Mario Maker stage? Dang it, Sakurai truly felt under control of the gods of MUH RELEVANCE RECENCY!!!!1!1!! :mad:

... just kidding, actually I think it's pretty cool to make a big hitter like this acknowledged in Smash right now rather than after five or six years in the next Smash game. It's not like it's some sort of random niche game being represented for the sake of it, as the game allows for a pretty unique stage gimmick that may make it feel like more than just a promotional thing, and a stage isn't as intrusive as a playable character. At the same time it's maybe a gimmick I may find too intrusive for my liking...

It also had been confirmed to be a paid stage, which means that brand new stages can be sold individually, something I doubted was happening.

-----

Shadow chances: 0.2%
I suppose it could happen if Assist Trophies get promoted and Sakurai wants to give Sonic more playable representation... well, not likely.

Shadow want: 0%
Not interested, and I'd rather not see Smash fully embrace guest series by giving them more than one character. And if Sonic got another character, the only choices that would make sense would be Tails or Eggman imo.

-----

The one thing I have a feeling a lot of people will abstain for chances: 7.5%
If it happens, I'd expect the hitstun multiplier to not become anything higher than 0.43 (compared to the current 0.4), mostly due to balance concerns as the game I suppose was designed and balanced with the current hitstun multiplier in mind. It may happen if the developers judge it as something that could increase the game's balance and enjoyability, as it could potentially be made with the same state of mind as other minor universal things which happened in the last patch (one frame of invincibility removed for all rolls and spot dodges, plus moves with hitlag multiplier higher than 1 have their hitlag reduced against shield users).

Universal hitstun increase want: 75%
I'm far from a true competitive guy as I never go to tournaments (at least not at the moment), if anything I'm a competitive wannabe who prefers serious no item 1vs1 rather than party game FFA with items, but I'm curious to see if a slight increase to the hitstun multiplier may speed up the game a bit, something I'd gladly welcome. I've pretty much abandoned vanilla Smash 4 and now usually play on heavy gravity with equipment to make the game more exciting to play (smooth lander and shield degenerator), but in this configuration follow-ups are easier to do and I kinda doubt an hitstun increase would be necessary to make it even more exciting.

-----

Gooey prediction: 3.20%
I know it's a Kirby character and that's it, otherwise I don't know much about him.

Solo Ice Climber prediction: 6.54%
A lot of people don't see the point of bringing back Ice Climbers without their signature gimick.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x3
Playable newcomer: Dr. Lobe x2

And since we're getting an update at the end of the month (we get Smash DLC news... finally...) maybe it could be cool to do a few days of side discussions before the update happens. I think we could start to think about what we would be discussing about during the days before the updates, similar to how we did special days before the June Smash livestream. Ideally we will get another new contents approaching livestream, but I wouldn't be surprised if new DLC characters are announced coming out of nowhere considering we're currently during a period when Directs are on hiatus, so maybe we could start a special period during between 5 or 7 days before September 30th even if there's no Smash livestream announcement. Here are some ideas of what we could be discussing:

- Place your bets: who will be added in the new update?
- Most overrated, underrated, and accurately rated characters
- Most hype and deflating moments
- Favorite days of RTC DLC
- Balance changes wishlist for the new update

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Shadow

He's an assist trophy. There's practically no way he's getting in.

Yeah no. Give me Tails, Knuckles, or Eggman (or even Blaze).

Hitsun Increase

Chance: 20%
They've made some slight changes to things like rolls and hitlag. It could happen, but I doubt it.

Want: 90%

Anything to allow for more followups is a-okay in my book.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Shadow
Chance and Want:
0%

He's an Assist Trophy, and I am not interested in Shadow.
...Speaking of Sonic characters, why haven't we rated Knuckles yet?

Universal Hitstun IncreaseChance: Abstain
Not sure if they would change something very major like this.
For more followups? Yes.

Gooey Prediction: 2.34%
Bandana Dee
Solo Ice Climber Prediction: 10.10%
I'll rate a bit low, but I can see this get above 30%-40%.

Nominations: Lyn 5x

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@KingBro1 and @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A win for iDOLM@STER, @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma wins for 7+ DLC.

Shadow's chances: 0.5%

Assist Trophy.

I want Shadow but I've never liked the idea of him being playable. If we had to bring in another Sonic character (which I don't really want) I'd rather have Tails or Knuckles, they'd definitely make for more interesting characters than Shadow.

We should probably rate Knuckles at some point on that note. Might start nominating him after Lyn has her day.

Hitstun: ABSTAIN

Gooey prediction: 1.49%
Solo Ice Climber prediction: 12.07%

Nominations: Lyn x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's the third prediction I win recently. Wonderful.

Abstain on hitstun.

Edge the Ow

Double zeroes.

It's been long since we last rated an Assist Trophy, huh? It shows. Not fond of any more Sonic characters, but at least prioritize one of the main trio over Shadow.

Predictions:

Gooey prediction: 1%

Solo Ice Climber: 10%

Nominate: Rerate Inkling x20(from the Isaac, Mike and Idolm@ster wins)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Shadow:

Chance: 2.4%
Want: 3%

You're not Metal Sonic or Knuckles.

Universal Hitstun Increase:

Chance: 7%
Want: 5%

I like the game as is. Just apply buffs and nerfs to individual characters.

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x5

Last edited:
Shadow: Double Zeroes

Hitstun increase
Chance: 5%
Want: Abstain

Gooey: 1%
Solo Ice Climber: 7%

Rerate: Sceptile 10x
Don't have anything else to nominate, and I think his chance score is too high.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Edge the Ow

Double zeroes.

It's been long since we last rated an Assist Trophy, huh? It shows. Not fond of any more Sonic characters, but at least prioritize one of the main trio over Shadow.
Agreed. Third party, Assist Trophy, and not major enough to be the next rep if Sonic somehow did get another character.

Shadow the Hedgehog:

Universal Hitstun Increase:
I don't think there is any possible way they are going to universally overhaul the game mechanics in any way. Individual character attacks and moves? Sure. Universally? No chance, it would require the game to be completely rebalanced. Every matchup would change as different combos became possible. It is way too drastic to possibly be implemented. Maybe in Smash 5.

Not playing is not fun. The longer the Hitstun, the more time you spend not playing. Longer Hitstun leads to longer combos, which leads to longer periods of watching your opponent rack up damage while you literally do nothing.
Do not want. I enjoy actually playing the game.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ew The Odge:

Chance:0%
Want:0%

Hitstun increase: 7%

Predictions:

Solo Ice: 14.56%

Gooey:0.05%

Nominate Wolf x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from the hit-stun increase concept.

Shadow

Though he may be a popular character from his home series, Shadow is already an Assist Trophy. Combine that with the fact he is third party and is not the most important character to the Sonic franchise when compared to the likes of Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman and you'll see that Shadow's chances aren't looking good right now.

Want: 20%

I'm personally a big fan of Shadow myself, but I would much rather see Tails join the roster first.

Predictions:

Gooey (Kirby): 0.21%
Solo Ice Climber: 15.69%

Nominations
:

Jin Kazama (Tekken): x5

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Shadow
Double Zeroes.

Hit Stun Increase
Double Abstain.

Predictions
Gooey: 0%
Solo Ice Climber: 6.32%

Nominate x30 Malon

LIQUIIIIIIIID!

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Shadow the Edgehog:
Chances: 3% He's a pretty popular character but Eggman, Tails and Knuckles are far more likely, and he's a assist.
Want: 0% No real interest and with slots so low I'd rather not have him, sorry.

Hitstun Increase: Abstain

Predictions:
Gooey: 3%
Solo Popo/Nana: 10%

Nominations:
Clefairy x 5 I'm out of reasonable candidates sadly.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Shadow

Want: 1%

Hitstun

Chance: 3%

Want: 1%

Predictions: Gooey 0%

Predictions: Solo Ice Climber (SoPo) 10%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Shadow
Chance: 0.2%
He's an assist trophy, and he's third party. I'll give the Ultimate Life Form a small score of 0.2%.
Don't think he'll be able to Chaos Control his way onto the roster...

Want: 2.5%
I've got nothing against Shadow and I'm a pretty big Sonic fan, but Tails is the only character from the Sonic series that I would like to see join the roster one day.

Universal Hitstun Increase
Chance: 11.2%
I would sooner think that they would decrease the amount of hitstun before increasing it (not really). Anyway, I doubt this will happen, and if it did it probably wouldn't be enough to even be noticeable just like how I can't notice the single invincibility frame taken out of rolls and spot dodges. The game is somehow balanced around how much hitstun there is now, and I don't think Sakurai and the development team is about to change it all up. I'll give the concept of a hitstun increase a chance of 11.2%.
At least there's still more hitstun than in Brawl...

Want: 73.5%
It depends on how much more hitstun they add; I wouldn't want too much more, but I think a little more hitstun for easier follow ups would be a nice thing. Especially since I main Toon Link whose frame data isn't the greatest, so I feel that a hitstun increase would be beneficial for the character.

Troykv

Smash Master
Shadow:

In one side he is a really popular (well also has a big hatebase, but whatever), in the other side, he already is a Assist Trophy and is a Third-Party character.

Want: 65%

Actually I like Shadow... in some games where he has a better characterizacion than only be "OW THE EDGE" (but I don't hate him in that games... just give me a worse impression), but still I like his style and his powers.

Universal Hitstun Increase... WAT?

Chance and Want: ¿?

I don't know that thing's existence xDUUU

Predictions!:

Gooey: 0.34%
SoPo: 12.4%

Nominations:

Rerate! Micaiah x4
Lyn x1

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Shadow the Hedgehog
Chance: A sad sad 0%
Third party, assist trophy. Nruff said
My favorite Sonic character and one of my favorite video game characters. I'd love to have him in Smash.

Universal Hitstun Increase?
Uh... Double zeroes

Gooey Prediction: 1.10%
SoPo Prediction: 4.51%

Nominations:
Jibanyan x2
Endou Mamoru x2
More assist trophies/ Pokeball Pokemon x1

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shadow the Hedgehog

While he's still getting plenty of requests, there are certain issues that pertain to the fact that he's an AT and a third party. So despite his status as an Ensemble Darkhorses, many Sonic fans can agree that the main villain (Eggman) and the rest of Team Sonic (Tails and Knux) has superiority over him.

Want: 80%

While I would love any Sonic character (especially Eggman), Shadow would be a great character to use. Chaos Control and his other abilities would make up for a unique moveset based on spacing and stage control for those who still think he would be a Sonic clone. Then again, I've never truly hated the Ultimate Life form unlike the others who say that he became a living edge joke over the years.

Universal Hitstun Increase

Doubles Zeroes. Nuff said.

Gooey Prediction: 1%
SoPo Prediction: 4.5%

Nominations: Anthony Higgs x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Shadow
Double Zeroes

Hitstun increase
Chance: 0% - I can not imagine them going this route.

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
SHADOW
CHANCE: 0.35%
WANT: 9.02%

UNIVERSAL HITSTUN INCREASE
CHANCE: 4.75%
WANT: 37.04%
Next up we're rating Gooey and one half of Smash's greatest cut duo. Also please predict what score Jin and Lyn will get tomorrow.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Gooey:

Chance and Want:0%

Solo Ice Climber:

Chance: 5%

I doubt Sakurai would get rid of the reason why he chose them for Melee in the first place. And It just wouldn't be Ice Climbers if they're not a duo.

Predictions:

Lyn: 0.24%

Jin: 1.04%

Nominate Wolf x5

D

Deleted member

Gooey and SoPo

Quad Zeroes.jpg

(Quadruple Zeroes)

Predictions:

Jin Kazama - 0.5%

Lyn - 1%

Nominations:

Zael Mii Costume x5

Knuckles x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Gooey: double zeroes.
Who? Or should I say What?
SoPo:
The ice climbers are made by the fact they're a team. Splitting them has always made them much weaker. Now, if we get a buffed version of one...that would be a complete letdown. The pair mechanic made them unique. That's be like them making a much loved character into a hollow shell of himself, like a DK without the carry ability, or a Kirby who can't swallow, or a Ganondorf who doesn't use moves derived from his games (wait...)
If they are coming back, they had better come back together. I still think that, since they were working on the WiiU and just ended up on the cutting room floor, that they should release them as free DLC for the WiiU only. Besides, it's not like they didn't try to get them on 3DS, the console is just inherently weaker. Anyone who complains about the WiiU getting an 'extra' character is fundamentally wrong; they were working on WiiU, so they're just not letting the dev time go to waste. (That almost sounds exactly like the argument in favor of clones, oddly enough)
Jin and Lyn (sounds like the title of a Dr. Seuss book) prediction: 0.4% each.

Nom: 3DS stages on WiiU x5

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Abstain from Gooey

SoPo:

I love Ice Climber, so I guess I'd be ok with this rather than nothing? I think they would never do this though. It would've been done by now if Sakurai would be okay with it.

Top Bottom