• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ridley:
Chances: 1% Abstain from explaining my reasoning here.
Want: 80% I don't really care for Ridley at all but his fans really deserve him at this point. It sucks that Metroid gets cast to the side yet it's fans have to watch Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem get the equivalent of VIP service while they get absolutely nothing of note in return.

Banjo-Kazooie:
Chances: 3% I can't see Nintendo and Microsoft ever coming on to good terms, and until that happens I think this is impossible.
Want: 40% I like Banjo-Kazooie a lot as characters, but would rather see
BDee K.Rool etc.

Predictions: Belome (Seriously, who is this?): 1.3% 0%
Fourside : 10%

Edit: Found out who belome is, now I gave him a more reliable prediction.

Nominations: Rerate! Shovel Knight x15

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ridley:
Chance: 10%.
Want: 100%.

I never really liked him, I just thought he was a glaring omission at this point. I also thought his fans really really deserve it at this point, and I don't agree him being a fighter would hinder him at all.
Now I played Super Metroid, and I do want him. He's a damn giant space dragon/incredibly intelligent master of evil alien space pirates.
I literally could not put any more badass pronouns in this sentence.

Banjo & Kazooie:
Chance: 5%.
Want: 50%.

I'd consider some sort of agreement or collab between Microsoft and Nintendo that involves Banjo & Kazooie in Smash more likely...if they had more support. There was a huge push at the start of the ballot, but now it seems like they're not nearly as wanted.

As for want...tbh, I kinda like Yooka-Laylee more than them. I haven't played either (obviously) so I'm going just based on aesthetic.

---
Nomination: Phoenix Wright x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ridley chances: 0.17%
The demand for a playable Ridley in Smash already had been acknowledged by Sakurai, but he judged the space pterodactyl downright unviable from a design standpoint to make a Smash fighter, and I doubt his mind changed on this subject, considering he already said it could be too complicated to make Ridley a playable fighter back in Brawl days. After the whole Pyrosphere debacle I don't expect him to change his mind about Ridley.

Ridley want: 68%
I don't have much connection to the character, and as much as I enjoyed the Metroid Prime trilogy it didn't really push Ridley as a character I want badly in Smash, but I definitely see the appeal of playing as a vicious space pterodactyl who is also the most iconic enemy of the Metroid series. Ridley becoming playable would also mean the end of the debates about him and an awesome vindication for his supporters, so that would be cool as well.

-----

Banjo-Kazooie chances: 0.08%
I gave them one half of a percent when we rated them almost five months ago, but even then I believe I was overrating them. The Microsoft ownership just seems to be too much of a big deal when I think about it, getting the rights to use the franchise in Smash would probably be too much of an administrative hell and probably not worth it compared to literally any character owned by Nintendo or one of the three third-party companies widely involved in Smash 4. Not to mention the amiibo which would make things even worse. The Phil Spencer tweet made people optimistic at first, before they quickly became aware that what would hold them back wouldn't be a disapproval from Microsoft, but the fact Nintendo would have a hard time benefiting from their inclusion compared to many other choices.

Banjo-Kazooie want: abstain
Last time I gave them 100% and I even threw a vote for them during the early days of the ballot, but now I don't really know how to feel about them. Even before Phil Spencer's tweet I was aware about how their Nintendo 64 appearances made them popular among Nintendo fans and thought it would be awesome if they somehow managed to make it in Smash in spite of their Microsoft ownership, but I've never actually played their games (which is ironic considering I grew up with the Nintendo 64). That said, I'm becoming more protective against non-Nintendo characters in Smash as of recent, and I'm rather conflicted about Banjo-Kazooie as a Smash choice. They for sure have a strong historical Nintendo-esque appeal, but they also lack the "timeless" appeal third-parties in Smash have, as they're really only relevant to the Nintendo 64 when it comes to their influence on Nintendo. That, combined to how hard it would be for Nintendo to put them in Smash from a legal standpoint, and the fact Rare's legacy is easily represented through the Donkey Kong series (not to mention it would be easy to expand - no pun intended - the series' playable representation with two popular choices), makes me think that it may possibly not be worth it as much as how hype their reveal could potentially be.

-----

Belome prediction: 0%
Should I repost the same video as I did to illustrate my Bubsy prediction?

Fourside prediction: 32.17%
We have yet go see Melee stages return as DLC, but I have a feeling this one may potentially be one of the most likely stages from this game.

Nominating:
Balance change: universal hitstun increase x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ridley:

Chance:0.6%
Want:50%

Banjo and Kazooie

Chance: 7%
Want:55%

Predictions:

Belome:0.26%
Fourside: 21.76%

Nominate Additional All-Star Battle Rounds x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ridley:

Chance: 1%
Want: 99%

We all know the deal with this guy. Sakurai said he won't add him this time, support all but vanishes. I still want him, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. Sylux also has a shot at DLC, so there's that.

Banjo and Kazooie

Abstain

Predictions:

Belome: 0.20%
Fourside: 20%

Nominate: Rerate Isaac x5

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Ridley:

Chance:50%
I don't really believe his chances are bad just because HIS FRIGGIN' CLONE FROM OTHER M is a stage hazard.
Heck, both Toon Link and Link are playable. Even Mario and Dr.Mario are playable, and Doc literally is one and the same person in another costume.
So having actual Ridley as a character, and Other M Ridley as a stage-hazard doesn't seem so far off.

Toon Link is a background character in a stage in the 3DS version, yet he still is playable.
When people discovered Mewtwo was just a (really badly designed) trophy in Smash4, everyone said he won't be playable because of this. (...boy were the wrong)
So yeah, Ridley (either Zero:Mission or Super Metroid design would be neat) does have good chances, especially seeing he has been a strongly requested fan-favorite among smash-fans. The only thing holding that back is Sakurai.

Want:100%
Wanted him since melee. What can i say that hasn't been said about Ridley?
Nothing! So i'll just repeat pretty much everything awesome about him:

-Long standing archnemesis of Samus
-The most recognizable Metroid villain (Sorry Mother Brain!)
-The most popular Metroid villain
-The most re-occuring Metroid villain
-He is a dragon
...from space.
....with an incredible intelligence.
...and commands an army of space pirate aliens.
...who literally *** things up for anyone in the galaxy.
-Has his own theme.
-Really menacing look
-Probably one of the greatest Nintendo villains only rivaled by Bowser and Ganondorf.

Banjo & Kazooie

Chance: 10-25%
I hate to say this, but i really don't think they stand a good chance if they aren't at least in Top 3 of the smash Ballot. : (
With how things went between Rare and Nintendo, and Rare being part of Microsoft now, i don't really believe we'll see them in any Smash game soon.

Of course i could be totally wrong (which i actually hope).

Want:70%
While not among the top 10 (or anything) among my most wanted, i would love to see them playable in smash.
I have really good memories of playing Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, and they'd fit right in.

Predictions:

Belome:0%
-G8 B8 M8!! I R8 8/8!!

Fourside: 50%
Picked 50% in this case because i really don't see why they would/wouldn't return melee stages.
Sure, hasn't been done YET, but no one saw the n64 stages coming back as DLC either.

Nomination: Rerate Isaac x5

Xhampi

Smash Lord
It's that time of the year.

Ridley :
Chance : 1%
Ridley will have to wait until the next smash to be playable...again...again...

Want : 100%
Can't be playable soon enough.

Prediction :
Belome:
Xhampi

%
Fourside: ■ %

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi! :)

Ridley:
Chance: 0%.
Want: 1%.

An ugly character and I do not like at all. Because of Ridley, Samus had to suffer.
No chance, because he is part of a field.

Banjo & Kazooie:
Chance: 15%.
Want: 0%.

Simply, he is a character that I don't call my attention and his apparently is like Duck Hunt. My opinion.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Ridley
Chance: 0% I think this guy is pretty much deconfirmed as a playable character on every future smash bros game.
Want: 30% Metroid could use more reps.

Banjo
Chance 7% I believe there is still hope for banjo, Sakurai revealed he was interested in including him way back on the N64 days.
Want: 30%

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Banjo Kazooie
Chances: 10%
Want: 100%
The ballot started strong for the Rare Duo... with the tweet and all that stuff...
I don't want them, I NEED THEM!! ****ing Microsoft that buy them and crush our meele dreams

Ridley
Chances: 5%
Want: 80%
I'm a BIG fan and I got really Salty with him being an Stage boss... but I get why, He is a huge monster from space, and scale him maybe doesn't do him justice... But we got Bowser, his height is inconsistent so whatever...right?... and we got the most badass villain ever with a moveset rented from a dude that drives a racing ship... So if we don't get Ridley in the next Smash I will be real Mad...

Preds. and Noms.
...Pass...

Laniv

Smash Lord
Ridley:

Chance: 0%
Stage hazard.

Banjo-Kazooie:

Owned by Microsoft.

Want: 50%
I have no real connection with the duo.

Predictions for Belome: 0% Chance, 4% Want
Predictions for Fourside: 24% Chance, 60% Want

Nominate Tom Nook x 5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Ridley
No explanation needed
Want: -10000000000000% (0%)
I'm so sick and tired of Ridley. I've never wanted him in, and I hope he never becomes playable

Banjo-Kazooie
Microsoft screwed them over
Want: 0%
No attachment to their games, so I don't care.

Belome Prediction: 0% (Seriously who?)
Fourside Prediction: 14.58%

Nominations:
Jibanyan x2
Endou Mamoru x2
Shadow x1

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ridley:

Sakurai already said why he can;t work as a fighter in addition to him being a stage boss. So even if his fandom where to still push him in the Smash Ballot, then chances are that he won't be reconsidered until the near future. Though chances are that Sakurai would want to represent that Federation Force trash in the future if it were to somehow sell well next year.

Easily one of the key most important characters in the Metroid franchise and the last Nintendo All-Star left to be added in Smash other than a select few. Many may argue that Dark Samus or Sylux would be better choices, but he reigns supreme for being one of Samus's more memorable and dangerous enemies. Still would be a better idea than a Federation Force Soldier.

Banjo-Kazooie:

Chance: 5%

While Phil did give the OK for fans to vote him, there are too many legal hurdles for them to go through just for him to be in Smash. Not only they would advertise a direct competitor, but Microsoft is definitely not on good terms with Nintendo like Sony since they are the competition. Things would be much easier if only Nintendo never gave Rare away to those greed loving fools.

Rare used to be one of my favorite developers just like how Banjo is my all time favorite third party series on the Nintendo 64. These two would be perfect for Smash due to their quirky appearance and wide range of abilities. Now imagine, fighting on an HD Spiral Mountain with Gruntilda as a stage hazard with her quirky rhymes. That alone would be a real why Banjo's inclusion would be the nest thing ever to happen. Too bad there are many legal things to be resolved and Sakurai would probably dismiss them because "Duck Hunt" exists.

Predictions for Belome: 0% Chance

What the **** is a Belome?

Predictions for Fourside: 8%

Doubt we are seriously getting another Melee stage.

Nominate Isa Jo x5

EliteXit

Smash Cadet
Ridley:

Chance & Want: Abstain

Banjo & Kazooie:

Chance: Abstain

Predictions:

Abstain

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Ridley:
Sakurai very publically stated that ridley will not be playable in the game. Plus I would rather have other characters.

Banjo:
Chance: 15%
Come on nintendo just outright try to buy him already. Miss seeing him around.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Ridley

Want: 95%

I first knew about Ridley when I looked at Melee's opening cinematic as a little old kit. He seemed really cool, and after getting to play a couple of Metroid games a few years later, I wanted him more. But alas, the dream is dead for now.

Banjo

Double abstain

And now I'm gone again~ :3

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Oooh! I actually have stuff I wanna say! Yay!

Chance for Ridley: 10%

Because until we get an ACTUAL Metroid game in the near future, I still believe we'll get Ridley before we get any other Metroid rep. And while I don't believe we actually will get a Metroid character as DLC, Sylux is currently rated at a 9.78%. So 10% it is!

Deal with it :p

Chance for Banjo: 20% 40%

I enjoy watching people pretend they know exactly how the internal affairs of major video game companies go down. It makes me laugh.

Let's liken this to a similar concept that people thought was equally impossible, shall we?

The Marvel universe is currently owned by Disney, and is currently (And will stay, in the foreseeable future) the most profitable movie franchise on the planet. They own the rights to the majority of the heroes in this universe, with a few exceptions, the biggest being:

This is Spiderman. He's owned by Sony Pictures. A "Direct Competitor". Spiderman's one of their most profitable franchises. Based on the unbelievably botched and baseless logic I keep seeing in regards to Banjo and Kazooie, there is absolutely 0% chance he could appear in a Marvel movie!

Except he is. :crazy:

In the next Captain America movie. :crazy:

And will continue to appear in future Marvel movies. :crazy:

Not to mention Marvel's making their OWN Spiderman film. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

It was a very convoluted deal, a lot of back and forth debate, but it happened.

Competing companies can work together. What a shock, stop the presses, apparently these companies are run by people who can logically reason with each other to make a profit over something that fans want! :surprised::crazy::surprised::crazy::surprised::crazy::surprised:

(Emoticons are fun, don't judge me. Except you probably should because I'm using them to mock a belief that is held by most people in this forum)

And in regards to Banjo, we already know one parties interested in the idea, that he's one of the most requested characters on the ballot, and we have no inclination from Nintendo that they would be opposed to the idea.

My original chance score was 20%. After writing this, I doubled that, because it felt a little low, and it'll balance the large amount of zeroes the duo has gotten so far.

Want for both: 100%

It would silence two stupid arguments forever. That alone gets a 100% from me.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ridley
Chance: 0.9%
Sakurai has already come out to state why he won't make Ridley playable, which is a lot more than most non playable characters get. I still don't think he's going to change his mind. I'll give the purple space dragon a score of 0.9%, which is a 0.7% drop from my original score.
Sakurai seems pretty set in his ways...

Want: 4.2%
I love the Metroid franchise, but Ridley never appealed to me as being a playable fighter. I can't even understand why he appeals to so many people.

Banjo & Kazooie
Chance: 0.7%
I don't think Nintendo is about to jump through all of the hoops to get this character into Smash especially since this is DLC we're discussing here. The third party we got as DLC was already from a company that had a character in Smash, so the negotiations were probably smoother. That doesn't give me much hope for these guys. I'll give the duo a small score of 0.7%, which is a 2.3% drop from my original rating.
The road looks bleak despite all of the hype surrounding them...

Want: 2%
From a character standpoint, I'm not all that interested.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
For good, this is the FINAL TIME I'll ever post on this thread.

Ridley is exactly the same, with an increase in the want to 80%
Ridley:
Chances: 5%
The biggest challenge Ridley has at the moment is Sakurai. He has stated his thoughts on Ridley, in that if Ridley was to be adjusted for a playable size, he just wouldn't 'be Ridley'. As stated by others, Ridley's only chances rest in either some miracle in which Sakurai changes his mind on Ridley, or waiting for the next game.

Wants: 75%
Ridley has always interested me - I was originally on the neutral playing field, but after seeing the potential I started supporting him and playing Metroid again with the Prime Trilogy on the Wii. After the 3DS version, that was a dark age of uncertainty, then the Extravaganza revealed him to be a boss...

It's a shame he couldn't be playable, and I'm willing to stand on the fence with Sakurai's statement, (I accept it, but I can also counter it) so I'm neutral for now, but it'd be insane if Ridley managed to make it in at the end as DLC. I'm not supportive of Ridley as much as I was back then, but if he did get promoted to playable status... I give a 100% chance the internet would explode.
As such: Chance: 5%, Want: 80% I want him in the next game, and having him in the game would mean a lot to so many people. Me included. He's a Nintendo All-Star, and one of the most important Nintendo villains left to add to Smash Bros.

Ah, the Bear and Bird, fond memories of my childhood... Playing the N64 in bed often eating a pie, I'm not sure if I can make this a rhyme!

If Microsoft hadn't bought out Rare, they'd already be playable...:c
Chance in reality: Extremely minimal - 3%. I'm in the boat that despite the approval from Microsoft, I doubt Nintendo would go with the option of bringing Banjo & Kazooie since they're no longer associated with Nintendo anymore. They could approve, but who would benefit the most from this?

Want in reality: At most, 14%, sadly. A big part of my childhood, yes, but they're not what I remember them to be because of Microsoft. I remember my confusion when I first saw Nuts & Bolts: "Wait, what's Banjo doing on a Microsoft platform!?!:crazy:" I'd rather want them back with Nintendo before I see them playable.

In some alternate world where the buyout never happened, max percentages for chance and want. Lots of potential, fun and certainly a nostalgia overload.
So... I feel my chance is the same: 3%
As for Want? 60%
Like I said, they played a big part of my childhood, but Microsoft makes it difficult for me to reconcile the idea. And to those who think they'd just be a Duck Hunt Duo clone? Play the game - there's more to them than just that. I assure you that the bear and bird have more than enough potential.

Nominations:
End of the Rate their Chances Thread X5
I wonder who will dare to continue with such an outlandish idea...

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Ridley

Banjo Kazooie

Predictions: Belome 0%

Predictions: Fourside 5%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ridley
10% Chance
100% Want

Banjo and Kazooie
10% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Sceptile x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Well guys congratulations. We made it through rating two of the most controversial candidates without starting any arguments.

I'll abstain from rating today.

Nominations: Solo Ice Climber x5

DAY OVER
THIS THREAD WILL NEVER END!!!!

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Oh dear, the time has come.

Ridley

Chance and Want: Quadruple Zeroes.

- Sakurai has stated his reasons for why Ridley hasn't been playable all this time. I don't think anyone will change his mind about it plus Ridley is a Stage Hazard.

Banjo-Kazooie

Chance: 10%

- He belongs to Microsoft now.

Predictions

Belome: 0.1%
Fourside: 29%

Nominations

Eliwood x4
Ryouma (Fire Emblem) x1

EDIT: Ack, I took too long and it ended.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Of course it would be outlandish. Oh well, At least I am more satisfied with my revised Banjo Kazooie Rating.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
RIDLEY
CHANCE: 2.69%
WANT: 68.06%

BANJO-KAZOOIE
CHANCE: 4.39%
WANT: 48.50%
Next up we're rating Belome from Super Mario RPG and the Melee stage Fourside. Also please predict what score Captain Rainbow and Ivy will get tomorrow.

@ Lord-Zero Lord-Zero I counted your score.

D

Deleted member

Fourside Stage

Chance: 1%

A Melee stage that doesn't have its sole music track featured elsewhere.

Want: 50%

Belome

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

Predictions:

Captain Rainbow - 1%

Ivy - 1%

Nominations: Zael Mii Costume x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Belome
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

An enemy that appears twice in Mario RPG? And isn't that important to the story? And has no ballot support?
This is almost as bad as Bubsy.

Fourside
Chance:
10%

A fan favorite stage, but most of the DLC stages have been N64 stages.
I prefer this stage over Onett and definitely over New Pork City. It's a fun stage overall and I was disappointed when it got cut.

Ivy Prediction: 1.46%
Oh dear.
Captain Rainbow Prediction: 3.12%
Looking bleak for Nick.

Nominations: Dan (Street Fighter) 5x

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Belome double 0

Fourside
Chance 40%
The most likely Melee stage imo
Want 60%
Its a cool stage

predictions
Rainbow 2%
Ivy 0.9%

Nominate Mike Drawn to life x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice : Thanks.

Belome

Chance & Want: Double Zeroes

- I think his chances are worse than Geno's or ANY Super Mario RPG rep for that matter. He's a cool boss with moveset potential but he's pretty much owned by S-E. We're better off asking for a FF character that isn't Cloud.

Fourside

Chance: 9%
Want: 30%

- I liked that stage back in Melee. I would like to see it return as DLC.

Predictions

Captain Rainbow: 1.3%
Ivy: 0.9%

Nominations

Eliwood x3
Super Mario Maker Stage x2

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
First, thanks to everyone for such a civil day yesterday. It's nice to know that we can rate big names without killing each other. Secondly, as a Ridley fan, thanks also for keeping it supportive, even if he won't make it this time.

This is one of the reasons I love this thread.:cool:

On to business...

Belome - double zeroes
Obscure, unimportant, and third-party. Next.
Fourside
Chance: 10%, Want: 70%
Don't really know what their specifics on returning stages are, but I'd love to see some Melee or Brawl ones returning as well - the 64 ones sometimes do give a bit of a graphical disconnect with the HD characters. Fourside was really pretty, so I wouldn't mind seeing it return.
Captain Rainbow prediction: 0.8%
Ivy prediction: 0.5%

Nom: 7+ DLC rerate x5

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Belome:
What?
Why?

Fourside:
...Could happen, I guess? It is highly requested, but I'm not sure we have many stages left.
Chance: 50%
Sure, That'd be neat.
Want: 60%

Nominations:
Ultimate Ghost x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Belome

Chance - 0% - Ha. Even if we got someone from the SMRPG series, it would probably be some other guy.

Want - 0% - Nope.

Fourside

Chance - 17.45% - Not having music is suspicious, and it is somewhat suspicious, but I would expect New Pork City to come back to add to the eight player smash stages and to go along with Lucas.

Want - 70% - Could be cool, but not particularly thrilling.

Predictions

Captain Rainbow - 1.78% - Another character not overseas...

Ivy - 0.58% - Another third party...

Nominations

Henry Fleming X5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@Troykv gets five nominations for Ridley, @~Krystal~ gets five for Banjo-Kazooie, and Belome gets DOUBLE ZEROES for not being a good choice.

Fourside's chances: 30%

Feel this is a pretty plausible choice for a returning Melee stage and I personally expect at least one at some point.

Another stage I personally didn't like fighting on at all, plenty of Melee stages I do like and would therefore much rather have back.

Captain Rainbow prediction: 4.11%
Ivy prediction: 0.70%

Nominations: Tom Nook x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I did state that I would retire from this thread roughly two months back, but I've been lurking and examining what's been going on in the following days since my departure to see what kinds of characters/concepts have been rated. Today, I'm going to revisit this thread. I will only give my input for characters/concepts I feel interested in talking about, while I'll nominate for certain ideas I want for discussion, though I won't be around for too long. We'll see how it goes.

Now then, onto the ratings.

Belome:

Chance and Want:

"What's this? Erureido gave a character a 0% chance and want rating? I remember seeing him do that only with concepts. What happened?"

Well, the truth is, I used to be a pretty optimistic about every character getting rated in the past. However, now that there's only about one month left until the Ballot closes, combined with all of the anaylses of different characters that have been rated in the past, my optimism has died down these past few months. That being said, don't be surprised if I'll be harsher when rating a character compared to how I rated characters in the past, and today's character is a clear demonstration of this.

Regarding Chance:

Belome is a minor boss character from Super Mario RPG who is fought twice in the story: one early, the other around the game's mid-point. Right there, that's already one issue he has: he's not that important to the story. When it comes to putting a boss character in the Smash roster, the boss is mainly the one that has the most importance to the story, something like a main villain or the main villain's sidekick (as the case with Bowser Jr, who is also much more recognizable since he appeared in multiple games). Unfortunately for Belome, he's not the main villain of the game, nor is he the main villain's sidekick.

The next issue he faces is the fact Super Mario RPG is an obscure game nowadays. Modern day gamers aren't going to be familiar with that game, so it's not too likely we'll see any characters from SMPRG to join the roster. This fact only worsens his chances when taking into account that this is the only game Belome appears in.

Finally, he is a third party character that is owned by Square Enix, and he practically has no ballot support. If we were to get a rep from Square Enix, a character like Black Mage is much more likely since he's iconic, has appeared in multiple games, and has ballot support.

Regarding Want:

I remember watching a let's play of Super Mario RPG many years ago since I never had the chance to play the game. Since it's been a while since I watched that let's play, I largely forgot about the events in the game, only remembering characters like Mallow, Geno (largely due to his Smash demand), and the final boss. I looked up who Belome was a day prior to today to refresh my memory a bit.

He could have an interesting moveset where he could eat his opponents like Wario does, create clones, and use some magic, but I'm not a fan of including a minor boss character who is not that important to its home game's story as a playable fighter. Even then, I don't have a strong emotional attachment to Super Mario RPG nowadays, nor did I have an attachment when I watched the let's play years ago, so I'm not interested in seeing SMRPG getting representation at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, one reason why I felt like returning for today was because I remember looking through different people's inputs in this thread and seeing them insert creative pictures when they gave a character a double zero score. One day, I remember coming up with a great picture for a double zero post if I ever did such a rating (it's the very picture you saw me use), and I felt the need to share this pic idea once my optimism toward most characters' chances started to die down within me. However, I didn't notice any characters I was interested in giving a double zero post over the past month, mainly because they were characters I wasn't interested talking about. With today, however, I could finally share a double zero pic idea I had for a while now that I have a character I'm compelled to discuss.

Thus, Next time you want to give a character double zeroes and want to put a creative picture to tag along with it, you have one picture that I provided that could work well for the occasion. :)

Time to move on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourside

Chance: 20%

Fourside was the unlockable Earthbound stage from Melee, and it was a popular stage for its time. It's popularity already gives it a solid chance. Furthermore, it's main music hasn't been used in any of the Smash 4 stages at the moment, so stage music isn't too much of an issue this time around (even some original remixes along with original tracks from the Earthbound tracks could be considered).

The main issue it has is regarding how returning stages are picked. Currently, all of the returning Smash stages that have been added through DLC have been those from N64. We don't know if Brawl or Melee stages will get this treatment, nor do we know how many more stages will be implemented aside from new stages that will be included with a newcomer's addition similar to Ryu. Fourside could even face competition with New Pork City since its size fits perfectly for 8-Player Smash compared to Foursome and complements Lucas quite well. Despite all of this, I am convinced that if a Melee stage were to be considered for DLC, I think Fourside has the best chance to return due to what it has going for it.

Fourside is one of my favorite stages from Melee, and I prefer it much more than Onett. I think the stage is amazing to look at with the sky-rise buildings in the background complete with nighttime setting and the pleasant moon, not to mention the music fits the stage perfectly and is one of my favorite Smash Bros stage tracks of all time. I was even hoping for Fourside to appear as one of the initial returning stages in the days leading up to Smash 4's release, but alas, we got Onett instead. If I had to pick a retro stage for DLC, no doubt it would be Fourside!

Predictions:

Ivy (Soul Calibur): 0.72%
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow): 2.35%

Nominations:

Jin Kazama (Tekken): x5

We already talked about two popular Tekken characters, so now I think it'd be a good time to talk about one of the other likely candidates for a Tekken rep (if it ever happened).

Another note:

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice There is a small error on the Most Wanted Chart. Gallade should be above Serperior on that list since Gallade's want score is higher than Serperior's.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Belome

Fourside

Chance: 7%

Want: 90%

Predictions: Ivy 0.10%

Predictions: Captain Rainbow 2.35%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice will we ever do a joke day, where we can suggest joke characters and rate them just for fun. I'm kind of interested to see how Shrek would do.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
With Ridley's want score increase, the concept of getting none of the top 3 most wanted newcomers suddenly became more likely :laugh: (also surprised that BK did bellow 50% in want, but whatever)
Speaking about that, I'm going to edit the top 10 of want chart pic later.

Belome chances (and want):

What. This is so random. As unlikely as Geno is due to being owned by a third-party not involved in SSB4 and lacking relevance for the series after Super Mario RPG, at least he's one of the game's protagonists and has some fan support. Belome, on the other hand, has nothing going for him.

And NO, "moveset potential" or "uniqueness" will NOT save him. Those mean jack when you have no redeemable quality when it comes to overall series relevance or star power.
-----

Fourside chances: 36%
I'm positive we will get returning stages from Melee, and this one seems to be one of the best candidates when it comes to returning Melee stages. Its sole music track has yet to be seen anywhere in SSB4, two cut Mother songs from New Pork City can easily be ported to this stage, and for the fourth track add an inevitable Mother remix. Plus it's a fan favourite and does seem viable to port on the 3DS.

Fourside want: 55%
I have fond memories on this stage as someone who grew up with Melee, but its layout is meh and I could do fine without it. So this is a 45% want, with an additional 10% because of the inevitable new Mother remix, and remixes from this serie are generally awesome.

-----

Captain Rainbow prediction: 1.20%
A very, very dark horse.

Ivy prediction: 0.80%
Not expecting a high score...

Nominating:
Balance change: universal hitstun increase x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Belame

Even Jr. Troopa from Paper Mario is more likely than this.

I said I supported every Mario character.
I still do.
This just ain't a Mario character.

Gimme Jr. Troopa

Fourside
Chance: 24%

We need to get a Melee stage first, then it has to be Fourside.
I doubt it.

Want: Abstain

No connection.

Pikachu Libre representation x5

Top Bottom