• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Squirtle, Ivysaur and Abe
Sextuple Zeroes

Predictions
Ridley: 2.5%
Banjo: 4.78%

Nominate x5 Belome

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Squirtle
Chance 18%
A vet, but my opinion on the likelyhood of veterans have lowered
Want 100%
Ivysaur
Chance 15%
A vet who isn't as popular as Squirtle
Want 100%
A vet

Abraham Lincoln
Double 0
I'm not American and I don't own Codename steam. Also this game was overshadowed by Splatoon and I doubt they would add a real life character, even one altered for fictional purposes.

Predictions
Ridley 9%
Banjo 2%

Nominate mike x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Squirtle

Chance: 5%

Want: 5%

Ivysaur

Chance: 5%

Abe Lincoln

Chance: 0%

Want: 16%

Predictions: Ridley 3%

Predictions: Banjo Kazooie 5%

Nominations: Goku (Yuyuki)X5.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Squirtle:
Chances: 3% We already have a water type so it's a count against him.
Want: 20% Not really interested, but it can come back next game as pokemon trainer no problem.

Ivysaur:
Chances: 5%
Want: 30% Slightly more interested, but I feel that it's a shoo-in next game since transformations won't be technically impossible due to 3DS.

President. Abraham Lincoln:
Chances: 0% He's not a video game character, he originated in real life, I don't think they'd throw in a loophole like that.
Want: 0% I we're getting a U.S. President, it better be Teddy Roosevelt instead.

Predictions: Ridley: 6% I have a baaaaaddd feeling on this one.
Banjo-Kazooie: 10% Slightly less flame-war prone, but might still end up sparking some due to certain disagreements. :(

Nominating: Rerate!Shovel Knight x 5

Last edited:
Squirtle and Ivysaur
Chance (both): 8%
Want (Squirtle): 30%
Want: (Ivysaur): 40%

Abraham Lincoln: Double Zeroes

Ridley: 2%
Banjo: 2%
(Both chance scores are too big at the moment, hopefully the new scores are more realistic)

Tyrantrum 5x

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Squirtle chances: 13%
Ivysaur chances
: 13%
Some veterans who already participated in the battle in Brawl, but got cut for solo Charizard, who represents the legacy of Brawl's Pokémon trainer and is a huge Pokémon icon on its own right. Squirtle and Ivysaur are popular Pokémon, but the Pokémon trainer was the reason why they were put in Smash in the first place. Combined with the abundance of playable Pokémon and the return of Mewtwo, they don't seem to be prioritized by the fanbase, and their appeal as returning fighters seems to be mostly niche.

Both want: 60%
Seeing them back would be a nice surprise, and I'm willing to welcome back if they're announced. I'd much rather have them over any Pokémo newcomer for sure. That said, there's something that may make me think that they're not extremely necessary.

-----

Abraham Lincoln chances: 0%
Codename S.T.E.A.M. is not the kind of series which seems like it could get playable representation in Smash, and even if by some miracle we get a playable representative for this game, Henry Fleming would be the logical choice. Safe choice to bet against, so I think a flat zero is appropriate.

Abraham Lincoln want: 0%
I'm not interested at all.

-----

Ridley prediction: 0.42%
Banjo-Kazooie prediction: 2.12%
I have a feeling RTC will be much less nice towards them. Which isn't a bad thing because their current scores are too inflated to represent their actual chances.

Nominating:
Balance change: universal hitstun increase x5

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice another suggestion, could it be possible to have a dedicated "Stages" and "Musics" section in the chances and want result post, rather than putting them in "Concepts"? I'm saying this because stages and musics aren't what I could define as "concepts", they're something accurate and concrete just like characters. Or maybe change the name "Concepts" for "Miscellaneous" instead. What do you think about it?

D

Deleted member

Nominate Chrom X5
I have some things to talk about this guy, but i can wait.......

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A real person in RTC....huh.

Lincoln

James Bond didn't make the cut. That's relevant because Lincoln is in the same position.

Squirtle/Ivysaur

Chance: 10%
Want: 50%

There are things standing in their way: their main gimmick was cut, so to say, so they'd have to undergo Charizard's solo effect. Plus there's the problem that Pokemon is at a respectable number of characters at the moment, so add two more and it gets accused of overrep. One cannot deny their vet status, though. I'm neutral.

Predictions:

Ridley(ho boy): 3%
Banjo Kazooie: 1.5%

Nominate: nothing

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Squirtle and Ivysaur
40% Chance
100% Want

Abe Lincoln
1% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Sceptile x 5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In America...... There is Lincoln

Lincoln

Bond didn't make the cut for a few reasons and one of them was because he's based on a real life person. Then there's a possibility that there's not many joke requests for him because of Codename S.T.E.A.M. tanking hard. So yeah, this American icon is never going to happen in Smash.

Want: 10%

It would be funny, but Fleming would be a much better choice (even though I've never played S.T.E.A.M. before).

Squirtle/Ivysaur

Chance: 10%

There are things like removing their main gimmick (Pokemon Trainer) that stands in their way and each one of them will have to be added separately. Anyone of these two or more being added is more than enough of a reason to cause "overrepresentation arguments. Though they are veterans and heavily requested, only time will tell if they will ever see the light of day again.

Predictions:

Ridley: 3%
Banjo Kazooie: 1%

Nominate: Isa Jo x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Rating time!

Ivysaur and Squirtle:

Chance (both): 30%

They have a great problem in their popularity unlike Pichu (heck, a freaking Magnemite is most requested in Japan than these pair), but still they are veterans and have Brawl "facilities".

Want:

Squirtle: 50%
Ivysaur: 50%

I'm okay with them... But could be so much Veterans... hahaha xDU

Abe Lincoln:

Abstain lol

Predicti... OH S-

Also please predict what score Ridley and Banjo Kazooie will get tomorrow.

Anyway....

Predictions:

Banjo: 1.4% (The Banjo Hype is dead, the only thing that left is japanese support)
Ridley: 2.7%

Nominations!:

Fire Emblem Stage DLC x2
Idolm@ster Representation
Rerate! Micaiah x1 (is time for slowly nominate her again until the Push Dustin confirmation).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

I will rate these characters at the same time because they are in the same situation.
Squirtle and Ivysaur
Chance for Both: 1%

Copy and paste:
Squirtle and Ivysaur
BOTH Chance: 1%

They are veterans and thus have some demand to return and they already have a moveset, which makes them easier to create as a fighter than working from scratch with a newcomer.
Unfortunately, these two veterans aren't highly demanded to return. It seems as though the demand for the Pokemon characters has died down with the return of Mewtwo, who was bar none the most requested Pokemon. Even then, Pokemon might be seen as having enough representation from Sakurai and thus he might not see any reason to include them.
They do have their merits, but I think they are hindered.
One thing has changed, though. Their demand isn't as strong as I thought it was, especially in Japan according to Source Gaming. The demand is there, but it's very, very weak. Pichu and even Magnemite are more wanted than Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the Pokemon Trainer (though, Magnemite is probably because of trolling).
This looks bleak for the pair.

Want for Both: 0%
After Wolf, I am done with the veterans. I want to see some new characters in Smash.

Abe Lincoln
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

...He's still a historical figure regardless of what interpretation it is.

All right, so we are predicting on-
Also please predict what score Ridley and Banjo Kazooie will get tomorrow.
This is going to suck.
Ridley Prediction: 5.22%
Ridley. Is. Dead.
Banjo-Kazooie Prediction: 1.19%
Now that the initial hype died down, maybe his score will die down.

Nominations: Fourside 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Squirtle and Ivysaur:

Chance: 16%

Want: 42%
I'd prefer Pokémon Trainer to fight own his own.

Abraham Lincoln:

A real life person.

Want: 0.5%
We'll always have Mii Fighters.

Predictions for Ridley: 2% Chance, 83% Want This is gonna be ugly...
Predictions for Banjo-Kazooie: 1% Chance, 75% Want

Nominate Tom Nook x 5

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Ivysaur and Squirtle
Chance: 60
Want: Abstain

I wouldn't mind them coming back I guess, They are veterans after all. ((I would have liked Piplup more obviously. ; w ; ))

Abraham Lincoln:
Chance/Want: 0%

.....What?

*Nominate Giana x5*

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ivysaur and Squirtle
Chance: 2%
Want: 0%
Meh... They aren't really icons by any means, and Pokemon has enough characters as it is.

Abraham Lincoln:
Chance: 1%
Want: 100%
Codename S.T.E.A.M is my favorite 3DS game in existence, but it was so tragically underlooked. The game was amazing, and having a character to represent it would be incredible.
Sadly, It doesn't seem likely at this point.

Nominations: Ultimate Ghost x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ivysaur and Squirtle

Chance:13%
Want:50%

Abraham Lincoln:

Chance:0.5%
Want:ABSTAINED

Predictions:

Ridley:2.67%
Banjo: 5.67%

Nominate Additional/8+ All-Star Battle Rounds x5

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur and Squirtle
Chance: 30 %
You can't deny that they have been veterans and thus that brings their chances up to at least 30%.

Abe:
Abstain

Nominations:
5X Fourside

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Squirtle/Ivysaur

Chance: 2%

- I don't miss them.

Abe Lincoln (S.T.E.A.M.)

Predictions

Ridley: 2.5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%

Nominations

Eliwood x4
Super Mario Maker Stage x1

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Squirtle & Ivysaur's chances: 15%

Firstly, I believe we will either get both or neither. The two are among the least popular veteran choices to return, and I'm not sure if we'll get any more Pokemon to begin with. Kind of feel like Pichu might be more likely even if we did.

Squirtle want: 40%

I thought Squirtle was fun to play as sometimes, he was my favorite of the trainer's Pokemon. I probably would use him more often this time without the Trainer's gimmick. It'd also be interesting to see every veteran minus Young Link return, like I said on Pichu's day. I didn't miss him that much, though. I personally think Charizard is the only one of the three that really makes sense solo, and if we were to get more Pokemon I don't know if we really need someone else from the first generation. Even if we did, there are potential new Pokemon from that generation I would be interested in seeing instead.

Ivysaur want: 20%

Ivysaur gets half Squirtle's want score because he is not only my least favorite of the three to play as, but my least favorite character in Brawl's entire cast, and my fourth least favorite overall.
Minus the part about not being sure about more Gen I Pokes (there's quite a few I'd like now) opinions are basically the same, though I'm decreasing their want scores slightly.

Squirtle & Ivysaur's chances: 15%
Squirtle want: 30%
Ivysaur want: 15%

Abe Lincoln: DOUBLE ZEROES

Real person, S.T.E.A.M. didn't do well at all, not even the main character from that game.
Not interested.

Prediction for both: 1.93%

Nominations: Captain Rainbow x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Squirtle and Ivysaur
Chances: (Squirtle) 7%, (Ivysaur) 5%
I doubt they're high priority for DLC since we already got Mewtwo as a Pokemon DLC character. I doubt the development team sees three Pokemon DLC characters as worth the development time when we're probably only going to get a few DLC characters to begin with. I'll give the Pokemon duo a score of 7% and 5%, which is a 12% drop from my original ratings respectively.
I'm willing to be wrong, but it doesn't seem all that likely to me at this point...

Want: 35%
I'd rather see other franchises get DLC characters, but I know how much cut veterans mean to people so I wouldn't mind too much if they made a return.

Abraham Lincoln
Chance: 0.2%
I think they would pick the main character from a game before a supporting character who happens to be based on a real person. I'll give Abraham Lincoln from Code Name S.T.E.A.M. a score of 0.2%.
Would be interesting to say the least...

Want: 1%
If I want Abraham Lincoln in my Smash, I'll just make a Mii Fighter out of him.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Squirtle
Chance: 4% - He's among the least demanded veterans, and I don't know if he'd be as popular without the Pokemon Trainer gimmick.

Ivysaur
Chance: 4% - Same as above.
Want: 40%

Abraham Lincoln
Chance: 0% - I can't see him being the first choice for a Code Name S.T.E.A.M. rep which is already very unlikely to get a playable character to begin with.
Want: 0% - As much as I loved S.T.E.A.M. I don't want to see Abe in SSB at all.

Nominations: Solo Ice Climber x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
SQUIRTLE
CHANCE: 13.02%
WANT: 39.68%

IVYSAUR
CHANCE: 12.90%
WANT: 40.88%

ABRAHAM LINCOLN
CHANCE: 0.15%
WANT: 10.31%
Both Squirtle and Ivysaur took a massive fall. Next up we're rating Ridley and Banjo-Kazooie so please keep it civil. Also please predict what score Belome from Super Mario RPG and Melee's classic Fourside stage from Earthbound will get tomorrow.

Banjo and Ridley
chance 0%
one is owned by the direct competitor and to be frank, is a has-been. The other is a stage boss who, even if you thank that isn't enough Sakurai has made it clear it won't happen.

Banjo want 75%
Kazooie is one of my favorite games ever. Tooie and N+B were pretty fun too.

Ridley want 100%
Never Falter

Belome? Who? Jesus Christ the joke noms are too strong.

7+ DLC characters rerate x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ Zerp Zerp wins for both Pokémon veterans (so he gets ten today), and @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] wins for Abe Lincoln.

Ridley's chance: 0%

It's not happening.

But I'd really like it if it did.

Banjo-Kazooie's chances: 0%

Yeah now that the hype's died down, 5% was definitely waaaaaaaay too much. Considered a double 0 in chance day this time, really. Yeah nevermind, I don't think there's hope.

I finally went around in to finishing the little of what I hadn't beaten of the first game since we last rated them, and it only increased my love of the series. I love the characters, I love the N64 games, and the duo would fit in Smash really well. My most wanted characters, even though it will almost certainly never happen.

Belome prediction: 0.12% (huh?)
Fourside prediction: 17.23%

Nominations: Captain Rainbow x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im posting this fast before this thread explodes.

Ridley and Banjo-Kazooie:
Both 0% chance and 70% Want.
---------------------------
Belome:0.12%
Fourside:No clue.wat
---------------------------
Nominate Zero from Megaman X5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ridley
Chance 0%
Want 100%

Banjo
Chance 0%
Want 50%

Belome 0%
Fourside 40%

Nominate Mike (Drawn to life) x5

D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie

The ultimate pipe dream - A duo of former N64 icons...now in the hands of Microsoft.

Ridley

Another pipe dream due to his NPC role (at least until Smash 5, possibly) - One of Nintendo's greatest and most iconic villains, and a purple fire-breathing dragon (that isn't named Spyro).

Predictions:

Belome - 0%

Fourside Stage - 10%

Nominations: Terra Branford x5

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Ridley
Chance: 1% - He's a Stage Hazard, and Sakurai basically hates the poor dragon. I still think it's possible, but his chances for DLC are next-to-none. Maybe next time in Smash 5 he'll make it in.

Want: 100% - I remember playing Melee as a kid and watching the mind-blowing opening sequence. I remember watching that Metroid guy fight some big dragon and I thought he was playable. He's be fun to play as in the Project M mod, and his inclusion would bring more representatives to Metroid, a franchise with the same woman... twice. Plus, i just played through the first Metroid Prime for the first time, and I have a whole new level of respect for the Metroid cast.

Banjo & Kazooie
Chance: 1% - As unlikely as Ridley, honestly. Phil Spencer may like to see him get in, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. An unfortunate reality.

Want 75% - I'd really like to see this duo get in, but I think we already have a good amount of 3rd Party reps. We have room for maybe one more, but I think that should go to Snake without a doubt. It's a shame that we have Ryu. Without him, I'd feel like we'd have more room for 3rd Parties. That, and I've never actually played a Banjo Kazooie game myself. Only watched gameplay of the series, but I still like the characters.

Abstain from predictions and nominations. I only really come back nowadays if I see a familiar character. Half the time you give your point of view and you get one person shunning you for it with nine plus people backing them. Hopfully people will be extra civil with the topics being to sensitive. Then again, that's an equal reason for people to act worse. Let's hope for the former, haha.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

I would rate tomorrow, but this day is a bit special.

Banjo-Kazooie

Owned by Microsoft and that isn't changing.
They will never happen, but damn it! I want it to happen!

Ridley
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

He is a stage hazard. That will never change.
Word of God says that he is too big for Smash. That might never change.
I don't want him because I am tired of hearing about him and discussing him. This probably will never change.

Fourside Prediction: 18.30%
Might be possible.
Belome Prediction: .12%
We have dug into the bottom of the barrel, huh?

Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 0.1%
I don't think it's impossible, Microsoft is willing, but convincing Nintendo to agree to the idea would be tantamount to parting the Red Sea.

Together, and even individually, they have a great pool of moves to draw from.

Ridley
Whether you agree or not, Sakurai's made his stance clear.

Want: 90%
That said, I don't agree with Sakurai and think Ridley could work out without needing to sacrifice his intimidating nature.

Predictions
Belome: 0.1% (I can see the zeroes pouring in already for my favorite SMRPG character. :p)
Fourside: 7.4%

Troykv

Smash Master
Ridley:

One of the few characters (alongside Chrom and the IC) that was completely and directly deconfirmed for Sakurai, maybe in another Smash, but this time Sakurai already leaves him in that position.

Want: 55%

I respected the character and the good fans of the Metroid Franchise.

Banjo-Kazooie

Chance 0.1%

Eh... Don't exactly impossible, but extremely unlikeable for reasons that everyone knows.

Want: 60%

These guys are cool and would be a interesting fighter in Smash Bros.

Predictions!:

Belome (Who?): 0.05% (This guy will have the strongest backslash for a character doesn't called Bubsy)
Fourside: 8.3%

Nominations:

Fire Emblem Stage x2
Idolm@ster Representation x2
Rerate!Micaiah x1

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Ridley

Chance and Want: 0%

He's a stage hazard, unless he goes through some sort of redesign that's workable into Smash then he will stay a stage hazard. Or unless ya know, someone else who doesn't have the same thought process as Sakurai takes over.

I don't want him in, I honestly don't care about him.

Banjo&Kazooie

Phil Spencer can say whatever he wants, That still doesn't help their chances. Nintendo wouldn't just put Banjo in the even when he belongs to a rival console developer. They really gain only a small amount in comparison to how much Microsoft would gain by releasing a new Banjo game after his appearance in smash.

Not apposed but would much rather have other characters.

Klonoa x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Banjo

Chance - 0% - Can't see him being popular enough from the ballot. He's doomed.

Want - 50% - Indifference.

Ridley

Chance - 0% - Stage hazard.

Want - 100% - Currently my most wanted.

Predictions

Fourside - 13.35% - Not going to do so well.

Belome - 0.02% - ...Wow, this is a waste.

Nominations

Henry Fleming X5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Rids

I'm not even going to bother copying from last time. There's always a chance, but an infinitesimal one. Sakurai pretty much told us all how he feels. But the ballot is our only place to let him know how we feel; unfortunately, too many people are just giving up. Nothing is impossible, but it's not looking likely.

But God how I want this.

I've never even played a Metroid game, but the Ridley community here was really what brought me around. Heck, I lurked on Ridley's and K.Rool's threads for a while before joining, and it was really those two communities that made Smash for me - that's why I joined. I've never has as much fun with Smash as I have speculating with all the people on the boards here about the big three. True, both get their share of detractors and annoying fans alike, but It'd make me so happy to get both. Not just for myself, but for everyone here as well.

Sakurai's said that scaling down Ridley would make him look weird. I've seen Bagan's mod, and it looks fine, so I don't really believe that argument. Also, if you can get WFT or Villager a fighting moveset, you can do anything. It really feels like Sakurai doesn't want Ridley, so all of us need to go back to the shadows. But I'll never stop supporting him. One day, all of my friends here and I will finally get our day.
Banjo and Kazooie

Things are looking tighter than ever for pretty much everyone, and we honestly have no idea where Nintendo's going to go. However, BK's been out of work for a while, and while K.Rool may have gained a lot of ground lately, BK hasn't really had too much noise since the ballot started. He is iconic, but we don't know how much that matters anymore considering recent rumors. Still, Microsoft is most likely in the way, particularly now that Not-Banjo-and-Not-Kazooie is in development.
Want - don't really know the series; the closest I've gotten is DK64, and I'd rather K.Rool; and DHD makes a nice two-in-one-with-a-bird moveset for me.
Belome prediction: 0.3%
Fourside prediction: 7.9%

Nom: I don't even think Ivy has a chance, I'd just like to talk about her. x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom