• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I could be wrong but looking at these ratings so far I get the feeling Dixie is about to become the highest rated chance newcomer. Which is strange to me since it seems her fanbase is small compared to most characters.
I feel K. Rool might still end up with a higher chance rating, which will be kind of ridiculous at this point in time. A lot of people still rated him highly.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
whoops am i super late

@ NintenRob NintenRob wins for Pirate Ship and The Light Music Club wins for the Smash Tour one.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Me on the K. Rool vs. Dixie debate:
The idea of limited DLC has driven people to believe there's an eternal conflict over muhslots and muhsinglereps4dlc, which is where the arguing comes from.

And until something disproves it, well...

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I feel K. Rool might still end up with a higher chance rating, which will be kind of ridiculous at this point in time. A lot of people still rated him highly.
And he still is the most likely newcomer at the moment, both by our ratings, and realistically.

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Sturm
Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 65%
Want: 60%
I'd be slightly dissapointed if Dixie Kong was confirmed over K. Rool nya, but she's still a great character so nya

Predictions
Cranky kong: 3.5%
Concept of an original Xenoblade character: 12.5%

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And he still is the most likely newcomer at the moment, both by our ratings, and realistically.
The ratings on SB and perceived realism aren't exactly the best things to rely on in Smash speculation, DLC to boot, so I'd watch what I'd say in regards to that because there's the ever popular chance of getting screwed over.

"Realistically", for example, Robin had very low chances when Chrom was in the spotlight. Just saying.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This group is the group that rated Roy and Ryu lower than a hypothetical character (Wolf as likely as I feel he is) when data for Roy and Ryu was already found in the game.

Yeah. Our ratings are bad. Not even biased. Just bad.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sturm
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Who the hell is this Helghast wannabe and why should we want him over the Orange Star commanders?

Dixie Kong
Chance: 65%
Want: 90%

Dixie's chances rarely changed since then and she still remains a great choice for Donkey Kong Country representation. Unlike most people around here, I view her and K. Rool as equals because of their roles in the franchise. Not only she would be easy to make (due to sharing the same body type with Diddy), but she can be proven to be a unique fighter with her hair.

Predictions
Cranky kong: 3%
Concept of an original Xenoblade character: 12%

Nominations: Mini-Kangaroo x5

D

Deleted member

Remember when we rated both Dr.Mario and Bowser Jr. at the same time and everyone thought that they would not get in because of Rosalina?

Dr. Mario
6.96% chance
13.69% want

Bowser Jr.
13.81% chance
46.65% want

And guess what? BOTH of them got into the game.

Or how about when we all thought that Chrom, Shulk and The Chorus Kids were all shoe-ins back during Gematsu's heyday?

To quote @Pacack himself...
We are officially terrible at predictions

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
It's just a game, guys. Remember that. Just a fun little distraction and an easy way for us to throw our opinions out there.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sturm: DOUBLE ZEROES

Not even going to explain at this point.

Dixie's chances: 50%

I think a Donkey Kong character is very likely, and I think it really could go either way. Even with K. Rool's costume.

Want: 100%

I prefer K. Rool, but I would be ecstatic with Dixie as well. If it were up to me, both would have been in already.

Cranky prediction: 8.36%
Original Xenoblade character prediction: 5.74%

Nominations: Muddy Mole x5

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The idea of limited DLC has driven people to believe there's an eternal conflict over muhslots and muhsinglereps4dlc, which is where the arguing comes from.

And until something disproves it, well...
Because the concept of pre-ballot or multiple choices doesn't exist in their mindset.

Remember the ballot doesn't try to get one character but moreso of a request.

I hate the fact that most people use K. Rool as a point for their argument against Dixie like one character can stop another from getting in. If that's the case, Dixie can do that as well and has the advantage to do it as well considering she has recency in her back pocket.

Remember when we rated both Dr.Mario and Bowser Jr. at the sime time and everyone thought that they would not get in because of Rosalina?

Dr. Mario
6.96% chance
13.69% want

Bowser Jr.
13.81% chance
46.65% want

And guess what? BOTH of them got into the game.

Or how about when we all thought that Chrom, Shulk and The Chorus Kids were all shoe-ins back during Gematsu's heyday?

To quote @Pacack himself...
I hate to say it but man the R.T.C thread are borderline popularity contest

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
"Realistically", for example, Robin had very low chances when Chrom was in the spotlight. Just saying.
I never believed Chrom would get in over Robin, considering Robin is the protagonist of Awakening, the avatar of the player. I never understood the entire train of thought honestly, it all just seemed to be based on arbitrary fan-made rules rather then the actual context of the source material... but then again, I doubted that we'd get a rep from fe:a at all in the first place, and then we got 2, so yeah...

Troykv

Smash Master
I never believed Chrom would get in over Robin, considering Robin is the protagonist of Awakening, the avatar of the player. I never understood the entire train of thought honestly, it all just seemed to be based on arbitrary fan-made rules rather then the actual context of the source material... but then again, I doubted that we'd get a rep from fe:a at all in the first place, and then we got 2, so yeah...
Be the next "Ike" and the Gematsu weird predictions was the things that make people see Chrom as the ultimate shoe-in, and pretty much leave in a dereadful status other Fire Emblem Characters. Robin and the Sakurai's Commentarys was a light of hope to don't see more "Blue swordsmen" in the future and get fresh ideas.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Sturm lol who the hell is that?

Dixie Kong
Chance: 45% - She was in Tropical Freeze, so at least she's known. However, I'm still not too confident in her return.
Want: 0% - I just got Tropical Freeze, but I haven't really sat down to play it yet. Thus, I have no real opinion or care for her... yet?

Nominations:
Oh boy, eight different people won the extra nominations today: ...@ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB ... all get an extra five.
Lol, never used these. Ten nominations for Krystal Re-rates. Also, didn't everyone get, like, fifteen or something nominations after E3? If so, than add that number to the ten. I never used them because I left here after people starter harassing another user for not having the same opinion as them back when the Roy and Ryu files were found.

This group is the group that rated Roy and Ryu lower than a hypothetical character (Wolf as likely as I feel he is) when data for Roy and Ryu was already found in the game.
Some of us, including myself, rated them without taking the sound files into account. If it weren't for the files, their chance scores would've been a lot lower.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Be the next "Ike" and the Gematsu weird predictions was the things that make people see Chrom as the ultimate shoe-in, and pretty much leave in a dereadful status other Fire Emblem Characters. Robin and the Sakurai's Commentarys was a light of hope to don't see more "Blue swordsmen" in the future and get fresh ideas.
:4feroy:being cut kinda started that misconception considering Brawl was gonna be :marth::ike::roypm: but Roy got cut due to time restraints and people thought Ike replaced him so there was a thought of every FE character not named :4marth: was gonna get replaced.

Sakurai doesn't run on patterns and we should have seen that considering :4lucario: came back and wasn't replaced.

Troykv

Smash Master
:4feroy:being cut kinda started that misconception considering Brawl was gonna be :marth::ike::roypm: but Roy got cut due to time restraints and people thought Ike replaced him so there was a thought of every FE character not named :4marth: was gonna get replaced.

Sakurai doesn't run on patterns and we should have seen that considering :4lucario: came back and wasn't replaced.
Exactly! I forgot to mentioned that! The Roy/Ike thing create a false rule in the Smash Bros Fanbase and everyone believe that Ike would be cut and remplaced with a character that "fits" a "similar niche" and everyone have their eyes in Chrom... the same with Mewtwo/Lucario and the new 6th Gen Pokémon.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Some of us, including myself, rated them without taking the sound files into account. If it weren't for the files, their chance scores would've been a lot lower.
That's the equivalent of rating Ridley likely because you ignored Sakurai's words.

If you intentionally ignore data in an effort to be "fair" you aren't being fair at all.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
That's the equivalent of rating Ridley likely because you ignored Sakurai's words. If you intentionally ignore data in an effort to be "fair" you aren't being fair at all.
And this is why I left this page. I rate a character as a character, and try not to put leaks into my ratings, legitimate or otherwise. It's fair in my book, but I understand that you have an opposing view. Regardless, I'm gonna head out for the night before I'm called ignorant and teased like the last guy.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And this is why I left this page. I rate a character as a character, and try not to put leaks into my ratings, legitimate or otherwise. It's fair in my book, but I understand that you have an opposing view. Regardless, I'm gonna head out for the night before I'm called ignorant and teased like the last guy.
Dude I wasn't calling you ignorant and I'm not teasing you.

I may disagree with your opinion and I'll say why but I'm not making a personal attack or anything. Calm down bro.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sorry guys I'll update tomorrow, I've been busy and it's very late where I live now.

I'm starting to sense this thread is sadly starting to become rather hated. I'd like to remind everyone again to please take drawn out debates to either a PM discussion or to the official thread for the character being rated. I do apologize to everyone who has been getting frustrated with this thread. Please remember that this is just for fun and not meant to be taken too seriously.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Because the concept of pre-ballot or multiple choices doesn't exist in their mindset.

Remember the ballot doesn't try to get one character but moreso of a request.

I hate the fact that most people use K. Rool as a point for their argument against Dixie like one character can stop another from getting in. If that's the case, Dixie can do that as well and has the advantage to do it as well considering she has recency in her back pocket.

I hate to say it but man the R.T.C thread are borderline popularity contest
That pre ballot ending rumor from PushDustIn... Also the fact that pre-ballot is not that kind where everyone has a chance, so unless they are a veteran, that point can be taken off account.

Not sure about multi rep per series tho. They are deemed so unlikely, they are even under the chance of Ivysaur getting in.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Sturm

Chance: 0%

Dixie Kong

Chance 31%
Want: 25%

I'd prefer King K. Rool but another member of the DK Crew would be fine too.

Predictions

Cranky Kong: 3.5%
Original Xenoblade character concept: 7%

Nomination

Ryouma (Fire Emblem) x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Sorry guys I'll update tomorrow, I've been busy and it's very late where I live now.

I'm starting to sense this thread is sadly starting to become rather hated. I'd like to remind everyone again to please take drawn out debates to either a PM discussion or to the official thread for the character being rated. I do apologize to everyone who has been getting frustrated with this thread. Please remember that this is just for fun and not meant to be taken too seriously.
You know, bringing the debates onto the support thread will NEVER end well. For the opposing side, at least.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sturm then issued a stern warning to colder_than_ice to not rate him low lest he suffer the consequences of said action.

Which includes death.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I managed to escape Sturm's clutches....for now.

Dixie
Chance: 30%

Sturm

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sturm
5% Chance
100% Want
Dixie
55% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Pokemon Stadium x 5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I managed to escape Sturm's clutches....for now.

Dixie
Chance: 30%

Sturm

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS
?: Enjoy your peace while you can worm, I'm gathering an even stronger army to take you down. You should be afraid, after all

I can cause Days of Ruin
-Sturm

By the way Advance Wars 2 is coming to Wii U virtual console tomorrow.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
DIXIE KONG
CHANCE: 51.51%
WANT: 57.58%

STURM
CHANCE: 0.84%
WANT: 10.14%
Next up we're rating another monkey, Cranky Kong and the concept of an original Xenoblade character. Also please predict what score Mini Kangaroo of Nintendo Toys fame and Krystal will get tomorrow.

@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I counted your score.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
DIXIE KONG
CHANCE: 51.51%
WANT: 57.58%

STURM
CHANCE: 0.84%
WANT: 10.14%
Next up we're rating another monkey, Cranky Kong and the concept of an original Xenoblade character. Also please predict what score Mini Kangaroo of Nintendo Toys fame and Krystal will get tomorrow.

@ TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I counted your score.
Dixie Kong got a buff in her Chance Rate... But still lower that K.Rool and Isaac.

Eh... Mini Kangaroo? Ok. I will wait to rate these Characters.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crankey
25% Chance
100% Want

Abstain From Original Xenoblade Character

Nominating POkemon Stadium x 5

D

Deleted member

Cranky Kong

Chance: 5%

He's greatly overshadowed by Dixie and K. Rool.

I'll just leave this here:

Original Xenoblade Character

Chance: 5%

Only one of the four remaining party members from the original Xenoblade that isn't playable or an NPC in Smash 4 really has a chance, and a very slim one at that.

Predictions:

Mini-Kangaroo - 1.3%

Krystal - 25%

Nomination: Brash the Friggin' Bear x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
CRANKY KONG
Chance: 5% - He's got Dixie Kong and King K. Rool's Mii Fighter corpse to compete with. So I'd say his chances are rather low.
Want: 0% - Lol, nope.

Also, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , I went ahead and made new Chance and Want charts using Isaac's and the Inkling's Smashified art. Use it if you'd like, but I thought it would match, seeing as you're currently using King K. Rool's, Banjo & Kazooie's, and Rayman's art. URLs are below the pictures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom