• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And the winner is...

--

Concept: Fourth Mii Fighter Type

Chance: 7%

There's a lot of content based around the Mii Fighters. You have entire movesets for them, with their custom specials having had clear thought and balancing put into them. You have an ever-increasing number of costumes for them. You have the Fighting Mii Team in the single player modes. All of them were built around there being three Mii types.

Throwing a fourth into the mix as DLC would unhinge a lot of that. Even beyond the development time for the character itself, you'd need enough costumes to not feel like an afterthought and to either be patched into the Fighting Mii Team or left out of it and hope it doesn't get any side glances. It's just...something I don't see them wanting to do at this point. A fourth Mii type is definitely a possibility when Smash 5 rolls around, but not for Smash 4 DLC.

Want: 40%
But despite that, I'd be all for a Mii Spellcaster of some kind. There're a lot of interesting things mages can do that we haven't seen from the two we have so far.

Concept: Smash 4 is the Last Smash Bros. Game

Chance: 10%
Between Sakurai once again working himself half to death and Mr. Iwata's untimely passing, this one's been making the rounds again. And to be honest? I'd be very surprised if it happened. Smash is too much of a money maker to be shelved for good, the fans will want another game eventually so it wouldn't be a blatant cash grab, and it's not as if it's a story-driven series that's reached its end.

If they want to let it rest for a little while once Smash 4 is done with DLC--which could itself be going for another year or two, if things line up right--I could see that. But it'd come roaring back eventually.

Want: 0%
I wouldn't want to see Smash die. It's just been too big a part of my life, and it represents too many good things. I wouldn't force a fifth game before its time...but once it's been a while, once more new games and new characters have taken center stage, I'd want them to have a chance as well.

Amaterasu Prediction: 2.87%
Ryu likely doomed any chance she was perceived to have.

Daisy Rerate Prediction: 23.25%
You know what happened the last couple times we rerated controversial characters with a known following in the ranks of the regulars? Their overall rating went up despite surrounding circumstances making them seem less likely. Something tells me it'll happen again.

Nominations: Golden Sun Stage x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
New Mii fighter chances: 0.8%
This is just something I don't see being done. The three Mii fighters already cover three common archetypes, which by themselves cover a lot of potential fighting styles, and I don't see Sakurai's team expand on that. Furthermore, it's not something I see as paid DLC, and I don't see them spending development time for a free new character.

New Mii fighter want: 3%
I used to want a magician Mii, but I've come to realize that it would overlap too much with Mii gunner, considering it already borrows moves used my Zelda, Robin and Ness, who already are part of the "magician" archetype, and the three already existing archetypes actually are enough to enjoy Miis in Smash 4. Also I'd rather see development time for DLC go towards new actual Nintendo rather than new customization options for an avatar who already has a ton of options for that.

-----

SSB4 is the last Smash game chances: abstain
I don't think that it will be the case... but I don't feel like giving an accurate chances score for that.

SSB4 is the last Smash game want: NOOOOO (0%)

-----

Amaterasu prediction: 3.48%
A character from a one-off third-party title... (not counting remakes/remasters) She won't do well.

Daisy prediction: 22.88%
I suppose the result will be more or less the same.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x1
Concept: none of the top 3 wanted newcomers x9
(Pretty sure I won the extra nominations for the Star Fox thing today)
Prediction for the Concept of a Fourth Mii Fighter Archetype: 6.75%
That'd be a whole lot of extra work that I doubt people think they're willing to do. The Want score'll be high, though.
Too bad the want score is manifestly pretty low, being at 23.31% as of current.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Fourth Mii Fighter

Chances: 40%

All these DLC Mii costumes instead of alternative costumes for the characters suggest a strong focus on Miis.

Want: 70%

MAGICAL MEMORY GOOOOOOOO!!

Seriously, Magician Memory who isn't slow would be a dream of mine. But it would legitimately use up dev time from other characters.

Daisy Prediction: 25%

Wait.....why are we re-rating Daisy again? Someone get me up to speed.

New Mii Fighter
Chance: 1% (unlikely)
Want: 0% (No. I never use the Miis. And I don't like the Miis)

SSB4 is the last Smash
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Amaterasu prediction: 2%
Daisy prediction: 19%

Nominations: Cranky Kong 5x

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Aaaaall of Miiii, is aaaaaaall WiiUUUUUUUUUU.
Chance:
20%
Maybe, maybe not.
Really hard to rate.

Want: 20%
While I play Miis, there's nothing wrong with the current sets and there was enough work put into this.
They can't even be used in FG so adding this might go towards wasted time.
Inkling me is pretty satisfied as a Pirate already.

Super Smashed Out:
Chance:
1%
They'll pull Sakurai out of his grave for him to make a new Smash game if needed.

Amaterasu: 2.6%
Daisy: 21.2%

Original XenoBlade rep x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Smash 4's the last game? Chance? 0.%
Want -
Who would ever want this?

I'm only here just because I want to rerate Banjo-Kazooie. X5
I'll come back tomorrow for Daisy, so I'll probably start playing this game again.

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
New Mii Fighter
Chance: 1%
Want: 0% (Although I use my Mii a lot (in all 3 forms), I can't think of another good form for it. 1% for the possibility of Nintendo pulling one out.)

SSB4 is the last Smash
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes (Not happening. No way. Never.)

Amaterasu prediction: 2%
Daisy prediction: 25% (please?)

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
New Mii Fighter Archetype
Chance: 4%
Sakurai probably feels that he put enough work into the Mii Fighters already and that people probably want to see other characters join the roster. He would also have to spend extra development time with updating Multi-Man Smash and adding more costumes. It just seems like too much work for something that's not needed and not a lot of people want. I'll give the Mii Fighter concept a chance of 4%.
Mii Fighters seem pretty set to me...

Want: 0.2%
No thanks. The Mii Fighters literally just started to grow on me due to me taking a liking to many of the costumes offered as DLC, but before then I didn't care about them whatsoever. If the developers waste development time on another Mii Fighter there's a good chance I'll go back to disliking them again. Just keep adding DLC costumes.

SSB4 is the Last Game of the Series
Chance: 14.2%
I highly doubt that this will be the case. It might be a while and we'll probably see a Smash 4 port for NX before another Smash built from the ground up, but if Nintendo's future goes well in terms of being a business I'm sure they'll probably greenlight Smash 5 one way or the other. The only reason they wouldn't is if they decide to create a new fighting game franchise unrelated to Smash for whatever reason. I'll give this adverse concept of Smash 4 being the last in the franchise a chance of 14.2%.
Hopefully this won't happen...

Want: 0.1%
I love this franchise just as much as you guys do, and don't want to see it end anytime soon.

Last smash
Double zeroes.
A smash game was planned before sakurai was even told about it. If they can do it once they can do it again.

Also smash is great and ending the series would be horrible.

Mii class
Chance 1%
The classes we havd are already generic. I dont see why they would change ftom general ro more specialized

Want (and the reason im here) negative 100% (zero)
More mii classes is my Absolute most hated idea for DLC. Miis are already horribly handled for online and in other ways. We dong need more

"But what about 'insert class here'!"
Just give yhem to another more interesting ACTUAL character. Mage? Kamek. Black mage. Melia. I dont care who but there are plenty of other options for pretty much every class.

Its just silly to me

Nom
Npc becomes playable 5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
New Mii Fighter Archertype:
Seems seriously doubtful. Making a new Mii fighter archetype is a whole new dimension compared to a normal DLC character, and it would come with its own set of costumes plus they'd have to make some the previously released Mii costumes fit the new character. And it's not like people are clamouring for one, so it seems doubtful.

Want: 5%
Well, I guess I could spend more time tinkering with costumes and headgear but I could do without it.
SSB4 is the last game in the Smash Series:
Chance: 0%
Smash Bros is a cash cow franchise. Given the amount of hype both Brawl and Smash 4 generated during their pre-release, discontinuing the series would be a supremely idiotic move. Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8 both helped immensely in improving the struggling sales of the Wii U as well.
As the memes say, "IT PRINTS MONEY!". As long as Nintendo wants money, there will be Smash Bros.

I'd like to be able to play Smash with my children and grandchildren.
:231:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
New Mii Fighter archetype

Want: 25%

It doesn't really seem necessary at this point.

Smash 4 being the last game?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!

Nintendo would NOT let a good franchise go to waste. They'd continue making Smash games with or without Sakurai. This is what Sakurai would want for Smash when he quits. Did Kirby go to waste when Sakurai quit working on his games? Absolutely NOT! Smash Bros will last forever!

Laniv

Smash Lord
New Mii Fighter:

Want: 14%
Wizards would be nice.

SSB4 is the last game:

Chance and Want: 0%
As long as there is still money and demand, the series will continue.

Predictions for Amaterasu: 15% Chance, 42% Want
Predictions for Daisy: 32% Chance, 57% Want

Nominate Captain Syrup x 5

D

Deleted member

How do you know THAT is the case then?
It's only that the data is used more than just for consideration of said character.

Quote.
ご投稿いただいた情報(以下「投稿内容」といいます)は、本ソフトの参戦キャラクターの検討等、今後のソフト制作の参考にさせていただきます。​
"The data from the received submissions (shortened as "Submission Result"), other than being used as a consideration of the joining characters, we will also take it as a reference for future games development."

If it were to mean "future smash characters", then it would have been stated explicitly. However, without this point, we aren't really given whether out not this would be the case.

Yes, it's a smash ballot. So what? Smash is (almost) a Nintendo all star game, and by asking people who should be added to this all star game, they can know which characters/franchise (hence the franchise section) would be appealing to fans, or at least "deserves representation".
I suppose if you put it that way, then you're right i guess.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
New Mii Fighter Type's Chance: 5%
It might be more complicated to add than we think, so it doesn't look like we will see any new Mii types in this game. It could be expanded in the inevitable future Smash Bros games.

New Mii Fighter Type's Want: 100%
I was originally strongly against Miis making it in and custom characters in general. I think Sakurai handled the concept well enough that it didn't pull focus away from the real characters while not being boring either. I would love to have more variety in the Mii abilities.

----------

SSB4 being the final Smash Bros Chance: 0%
Let's be honest, there's no way Nintendo will let this money maker go. Sakurai may more may not continue with the series, but the company won't end its biggest hype generator and system seller. Back in pre-Brawl days, there were planning on making a sequel to Melee even without him, and the Kirby series is still going strong despite his absence. Them completely ending Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, etc is by far more likely than ending Smash Bros. If they're going to make eight Mario Karts and ten Mario Parties, you know Smash Bros isn't going to stop at a measly four.

SSB4 being the final Smash Bros Want: 0%
Unless you despise this game, to which why would you be here, nobody would want this. Long live Smash Bros.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
New Mii Class: Chance: 10%

Want: 10%: Not much into Mii characters.

SSB4 Last Smash game.
I really don't see this happening.

A game as cool as this ending soon? Don't think so.

Amaterasu prediction.
Chance: 20%
Want:15%

Daisy prediction.
Chance: 29%

Want: 80%

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Mii Fighter Archetype
Chance:
1%

Maybe, just maybe they will add a new one. However, such a thing is not added. It needs to be planned.
I hate the Mii Fighters. No more please.

SSB4 is the Last Game of the Series
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

On the ballot page, it says that it is going to be used for future installments. They do have plans to continue the series, with or without Sakurai. Besides, it's a system seller; the idea of using your favorite Nintendo characters is highly appealing to the masses. Why have it end?
As for want, I love this series and I want more.

Amaterasu Prediction: 0.50%
She's doomed.
Daisy Prediction: 14.72%
Again? Why?

Nominations: Heihachi (Tekken) 5x
Interestingly, he was planned at one point. I think that he might be worth discussing despite the Mii Fighter costume.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Only here to talk about Last Smash but whatevs.

New Mii Fighter:
Chance: 40%
Want: 40% (Unless you have to pay for it cuz that would be stupid)

Last Smash:
Smash is a moneymaker, there is no way Nintendo will end it even if Sakurai leaves.
I love Smash, absolutely everything about it. The character speculation, the great community, the gameplay. Ending that would be terrible and Nintendo knows that. Plus, I still got loads more characters that I want to see playable *cough cough Ridley, Samurai Goroh, King K. Rool, Isaac, Star Man*

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
yesterday's extra nominations will be reveled along with tonight's

wasn't really able to do it today, sorry

score new Mii class AND no more SSB:

Amaterasu prediction: 0.76%
Daisy rerate prediction: 16.38%

Nominations: Original Xenoblade character x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New Mii Class:

Not gonna happen. Expect to see nothing but Mii Fighter costumes out of them.

Want: 10%: Wouldn't mind it, but it truly isn't needed.

SSB4 Last Smash game.
Nintendo will milk it just like Mario and Pokemon for years to come. Metroid was just fine without Yokoi just like how Kirby still did well without Sakurai and Shinomura.

No, just no. Killing off one of Nintendo's money makers would be the biggest mistake they would ever do.

Amaterasu prediction.
Chance: 6%

Daisy prediction.
Chance: 19%

Nomination: Mini-Kangaroo x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mii Fighter
Chance: 1% - A new Mii Fighter archetype would probably take the same amount of work as a full blown newcomer. The fact that none of the newcomers have custom moves is something that I feel really hurts this, seeing as custom moves are a defining feature more Mii Fighters.
Want: 10% - I'd only want it is it was a Mage Mii.

This is the Final Smash
Chance: 1% - I can't really think of many scenario's that would make Nintendo decline the chance to release another highly demanded hit seller.
Want: 0% - Self explanatory.

Nominations: Smash Tour Updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
NEW MII FIGHTER ARCHETYPE
CHANCE: 6.34%
WANT: 21.16%

SSB4 IS THE LAST OF THE SERIES
CHANCE: 2.30%
WANT: 0.00%
Next up we're rating Amaterasu and Daisy. Also please predict what score Snake and Shantae will get tomorrow.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It haven't been the entire summer and I have to do a rerate of my most wanted? Time sure does fly when you're playing video games.
Daisy

Chance: 25%

Princess Daisy is a character that original started off as a stand-in for Peach in a fictional kingdom that would eventually be forgotten due to Nintendo's bias against the Super Mario Land games. Since then, the character would be used one exclusives in spinoffs that would future develop her personality (Overemphasizing on Yokoi's image of her being a tomboy) and being a close friend for Peach. She is as equally as a Base Breaker as Waluigi, meaning that there are sides of the fandom that loathe her for being "irrelevant" or feel that she needs to be further developed to be considered a believable character. Despite this, she would eventually garner her own fandom as her number of appearances create and these fans would sometimes consider her having more of a character than Peach (Which is an unpopular opinion at best). Her reoccurring appearances in these spinoffs alone makes her a great option to have more references to other Mario spinoffs not repped in Smash like Mario Party, Mario Strikers, Mario Hoops, Mario Sports Mix and & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Did I forget to mention her awesome flower abilities that would work well in a Smash environment?

There are a few arguments or flaws that she might have in the form of the ever repetitive "muh clones" argument. Her similarity with Peach is rather intentional, but it truly isn't supposed to mean that she would do that same things she can do. Keep in mind that all clones are last minute additions and DLC means that these characters would have more development time to work. Two ways to solve this problem would be to either give her the less iconic Strikers Costume (Which would be a better way to represent that game in Smash) or to make her a more aggressive semi-clone with less of the more girlier and Toadstool-y related attacks. Then there's the whole overrepresentation argument that can easily be destroyed one we realize that Mario is one of the most popular, if not, biggest IP's Nintendo has to offer. She is popular with casuals and fans alike despite the vocal "hatedom" and Nintendo would feel free to do anything possible make a Mario character like her sell. But that still doesn't stop characters like Paper Mario, Geno, Captain Toad (Who has less support in Japan), and Waluigi (Who's technically still an AT) from stomping her in terms of ballot votes. It's just one of these situations where Sakurai would have to think of the circumstances of these Mario characters and pick which one he feel can be up his alley.
Want: 85%

Favorite Mario character and main in many spinoffs since Day One and it would be a dream come true if she's in Smash in some way or form (alt or fighter). It was actually pretty shocking that Sakurai didn't give her the Koopalings treatment at first since they had plenty of love put into their models (And their rather clipped voices). Being able to use Crystal Smash in a game that isn't Mario Strikers would be an instant win. Plus, it would be so satisfying to rub it in the faces of all her haters by maining her in every online match with the quotes "Hi, I'm Daisy!", "Hot stuff!", and "Yahooo!". Who knows, it could also potentially lead Nintendo to actually using the character in more canon games in the future instead of keeping her as spinoff fodder forever. The Daisy's gonna play, them haters gonna hate.

Such black brush. Much kawaii. Very furry. Wow.
Amaterasu

Chance: 2%

Fan favorite character from an underrated Capcom title that garnered a cult following over the years. She does have some problems that range from little ballot support to the fact that there's enough Capcom characters in the game as of now. I would like for it to happen, but her chances are nonexistent since we already have Ryu as the token Capcom DLC character.

Want: 65%

I would want her since I freaking love Okami! But there's about plenty of third parties I would rather have over her since Ryu steals the show as usual.

Predictions

Snake Rerate: 24%

Shantae Rerate: 12%

Nomination: Mini-Kangaroo x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Amaterasu
Double 0, I'd rather not have a third party nobody.

Hi I'm Daisy
Chance 1%
Would work better as a Peach alt imo, and she isn't exactly that popular, Smashboards is pretty much the only place thats overall neutral to her. (I think its because Gamefaqs Michaellol doesn't have an account, I think?
Want 4%
I'd rather her as a Peach alt, If this was the concept of her as a Peach alt, this would be significantly higher. I think as an alt would be really cool.

Prediction
Snake 13%
Shantae 4%

Nominate offline tourney x5

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Amaterasu:
Chance: 5%
Her owning company pretty much screwed her up.

Want: 10%
Not much into this series.

Daisy:
Chance:30%
While a decent amount of following here, her following is far more in Japan to the point of being a common sight in DLC speculations, so she has a chance.

Want: 90%
Please give her a chance outside of spin-offs.

Snake prediction:
Chance: 35%
Want: 70%

Shantae prediction:
Chance: 25%
Want: 10%.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
This is gonna be good.

Daisy
Chance: 21%
She's really popular in Japan (at least top 10 if I remember correctly), and has decent enough popularity here to justify the pick. Even with Rosalina, she'll never be irrelevant, because of he constant presence in Mario Sport games. What hurts her is the fact that she has a lot of detractors, and comes from a series with 7 reps. Now I know supporters like to make fun of this, but I honestly believe reps matter, and that's why her chances are so low.

Want:0%
I'm not a fan. I think she's a hilarious pick in Mario Kart, but I'm not exactly a fan of putting her in Smash because of it. I've seen the proposed kits, and they don't do anything for me. I just don't like her.

Amaterasu:
Chances: 2%
Very unlikely, but at the very least a more popular choice from the only 3rd party company that has multiple reps.

Want:12%
I have a bias against 4 legged characters, so it's hard for me to say I actually like her. She's got an amazing design, and she comes from a great game. Wouldn't hate it, but wouldn't jump for joy if I saw her make it.

Prediction
Snake: 39%
I don't think he's anywhere near this likely, but many think he's worthy of at least this, so yeah.

Shantae: 33%
Most likely indie still might not be all that likely. More guessing on this one; we'll see on this.

D

Deleted member

Amaterasu

Chance: Negligible (Approximately 0%)

As far as third parties go, Amaterasu the Sun Goddess from the Okami series isn't exceptionally iconic, nor is she highly requested. Even among candidates for a third Capcom rep, she pales in comparison to others.

Want: 100%

I said it before and I'll say it again: I'd prefer her over Wolf Link. I think she has better moveset potential overall. She'd be accompanied by some great music too ("The Sun Rises" and its MvC3 arrangement are worth listening to).

Daisy

Chance: 10%

She's a divisive character whose popularity mainly stems from the Mario spin-offs as opposed to her only appearance in the main series.

No.

Predictions:

Snake - 25%

Shantae - 5%

Nominations: Brash the Friggin' Bear x5

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Amaterasu:
Chance - 30%
Want - 100%
Amaterasu, Waluigi, and Quote are my top 3 most wanted characters in Smash, however, with Quote's chances being minimal at best, and Waluigi having that pesky assist trophy in the way, Amaterasu is the only one of them I can realistically see getting added to Sm4sh. Duckhunt has already broken the ice to the shape of her character, so that can no longer be discounted, and with three weapon types and a bundle of brush techniques, her moveset potential is tantalizing. She's already appeared in a fighting game before, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and was even a high tier character in that game. The main issues I see stems from a lack of support on the communities part, and capcoms own neglect towards her. I would be thrilled to see her make it to Sm4sh, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Daisy:
Chance - 30%
Want - 60%
Without a pesky assist trophy in the way, Daisy currently has the best odds out of any mario character to be added as DLC. Why space peach was picked over her in the first place has left me scratching my head. truly big daddy Sakurai's way is shrouded in mystery. I'm definetly interested in better mario reps, however, the addition of reps from a given series needs to be well spaced. It is likely that Sakurai would not want to add more mario reps to Sm4sh, to keep the additions spread out, but it's not impossible that we may see a single mario series DLC fighter. It's most likely that daisy will be kept in reserve for Smash 5, and I'm fine with that, as long as she does get in, in the end.

Predictions:
Snake - 20%
Shantae - 10%

Nominations:
Validar (FE:A) x 3
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 2

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Amaterasu:
Chance - 30%
Want - 100%
Amaterasu, Waluigi, and Quote are my top 3 most wanted characters in Smash, however, with Quote's chances being minimal at best, and Waluigi having that pesky assist trophy in the way, Amaterasu is the only one of them I can realistically see getting added to Sm4sh. Duckhunt has already broken the ice to the shape of her character, so that can no longer be discounted, and with three weapon types and a bundle of brush techniques, her moveset potential is tantalizing. She's already appeared in a fighting game before, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and was even a high tier character in that game. The main issues I see stems from a lack of support on the communities part, and capcoms own neglect towards her. I would be thrilled to see her make it to Sm4sh, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Daisy:
Chance - 30%
Want - 60%
Without a pesky assist trophy in the way, Daisy currently has the best odds out of any mario character to be added as DLC. Why space peach was picked over her in the first place has left me scratching my head. truly big daddy Sakurai's way is shrouded in mystery. I'm definetly interested in better mario reps, however, the addition of reps from a given series needs to be well spaced. It is likely that Sakurai would not want to add more mario reps to Sm4sh, to keep the additions spread out, but it's not impossible that we may see a single mario series DLC fighter. It's most likely that daisy will be kept in reserve for Smash 5, and I'm fine with that, as long as she does get in, in the end.

Predictions:
Snake - 20%
Shantae - 10%

Nominations:
Validar (FE:A) x 3
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 2
Support for Daisy for Sm4sh before the ballot was nearly nonexistent, but with the ballot coming in, most notably Japan, her fans moved out to for her.

Daisy
Chance: 8%
Hmmmm

From what I'm seeing she's popular, recognisable and has her fans. Though too many Mario characters perhaps?

Want: 5%

Meh.

Maybe she could be a kick-*** and more physical version of Peach?

There are better, more inspired choices for mine.

Amaterasu:
Chances: -%
Want: -%

I don't know this character well enough.

Prediction
Snake: 12%

He's in limbo, but the fact he's a veteran means you can't count him out just yet.

Shantae: 5%
Just don't think she has enough backing and don't think she's made enough of a splash, so to speak, for a third party character in order for a potential inclusion to be warranted. I wouldn't mind seeing her get in though.

The Brash Master is pleased with this. Soon will be the time to rate him along with Bubsy the Bobcat. :awesome:
7aypHeo.png

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Amaterasu

Chance - 0% - I don't think we can even consider a single third party having more than 3 characters is starting to get overkill.

Want - 20% - If we got her instead of Ryu, I'd probably be a much happier camper. As it is now, though? I say it should stay as it is. I'd rather have all this third party favoritism go away.

Princess Daisy (just a copy paste of what I said originally)

Chance - 4.45% - Unless there is a sudden upset in ballot votes, she's likely to be overlooked in favor of other charters. Moveset-wise she is looked over in favor of characters who would seemingly bring more to the table. Many just can't seem to get over her being just Peach in different clothing.

Want - 40% - Meh. Not that interesting, and I say Toad (captain or otherwise) should get in first.

Predictions

Shantae - 8.56^ - Some shrinkige, maybe?

Solid Snake - 26.45% - Outlook grim.

Nominations

Fossil Fighters T-Rex X5

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
Daisy:

Chance: 23%

Daisy is a pretty popular Mario rep, but because she's a Mario rep, her chances for DLC is already decreased. We have 9 Mario reps already, with the next most plentiful franchise being Pokemon, with 6 reps, which is a pretty big difference. I don't think Sakurai would want to rep the series even more.

Want: 35%

I would prefer Waluigi or Fawful anyday. And I'm not on the Daisy train whatsoever.

Amaterasu:

Chance: 1%. Want: 5%

We would have another Capcom rep.

Snake: 37.5% (He's the most wanted veteran after Wolf)
Shantae: 21.7% (A lot of people want her in, including WayForward)

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Daisy:
Chance: 20%. I'm aware she's more popular in Japan, so maybe.
Want: 72% I do like Daisy alot, so I would enjoy if this happened.

Ami:
Chance: 6%. I asked Kamiya about this on twitter and he told me to ask my mom. So I guess that's a no.
Want: 100%.

Predictions:
(Yay to having my most wanted third party characters share the same day.)

Shantae: 23%. Dunno how her chances normally go, so just a guess.
Snake: 44%. Nintendo and Hudson deal.

Nomination: Cranky Kong x5.

Top Bottom