• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Mario123311

Smash Ace
...Seriously? Are you people forgetting that Namco treats the Miss like dirt these days? Look at my post above. It NEEDS to happen for a reason.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ms. Pac-Man alt's chances: 5%

Simpler than Ken, but I still don't see it.

Want: 10%

As I said before, I don't like completely different characters being alternates, though in this case I actually think it'd be better to have her as an alt. That said, I'd still rather see other things.

The other one: ABSTAIN

IdolM@ster Mii costume prediction: 4.49%
Meta Crystal prediction: 8.91%

Nominations: Saffron City x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ms. Pac-Man Alt:

Chance: 4%
Want: 95%

Once again, I only see this happening if there was an alt character pack, which is something I'm interested in. That said, I thought Ms. Pac-Man would be one of the easiest alts and I'm kind of surprised she's not in the game. Such a shame, because I really have some good memories playing that game on the SNES.

Runner Ups Getting Non-Playable Roles:

Chance: 80%
Want: 70%

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x3
Saffron City(N64) x2

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ms. Pac-Man Alt Costume
Chance: 3.5%
I can basically just reword what my thoughts were about the possibility of Ken being an alt. If Proto Man wasn't an alt for MegaMan, and Ken wasn't an alt for Ryu, why should I believe there's a possibility of Ms. Pac-Man being an alt for Pac-Man? Especially with DLC in the mix. I'll give the concept of a Ms. Pac-Man alt a small score of 3.5%.
Nothing still suggests this...

Want: 50%
I don't care either way. It would be neat to get alt DLC, but I think I'd rather see more Mii Fighter costumes to be honest.

Ballot Runner Ups getting non-playable roles
Chance: 36%
If we're talking about non-playable roles outside of Mii Fighter costumes (non-playable role is debatable there), then I can really only say that it could happen. I kind of doubt it though since we haven't gotten any Assist Trophy DLC, or updates to Smash Run/Tour (as far as I'm aware). The best possibility of this I could see happening is if the developers create a new stage for a franchise with characters represented in the background. A Splatoon stage with Inklings having a Turf War in the background is an example of that. I'll give this runner up concept a modest score of 36%.
Wouldn't be surprised, but I still have my doubts...

Want: 12%
I think it would be a bit too painful for some people to see their most wanted character reduced to a role more minor than a Mii Fighter costume. Even then seeing your favorite as a Mii Fighter costume is probably disappointing to most people who were rooting for said character.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
That very sad moment when you realize voter turnout has fallen from 82 to 34 in a single day. :(

Ms Pacman Alt
Chance: 5% - If this was ever going to happen, it probably would have been with Pacman at the beginning.
Want: 0%

Non playable roles for ballot runner ups.
Chance: 75% - This may have already happend with characters like King K. Rool and Inklings.

Nominations: Smash Tour Updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Mrs. Pac-Man alt
Chance: 2%
I doubt it will happen nyaa~
Pac-Man was all I needed from Pac-Man nya

Ballot Runner Ups getting non-playable roles
Chance: 50%
...I'm not sure if it could happen or not nya!
Want: 5%
Just couldn't bare seeing Chen a character I'd like appearing only as a trophy or such nya....

Tiki (Fire emblem) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
CONCEPT: MS. PACMAN ALTERNATE COSTUME
CHANCE: 6.00%
WANT: 36.76%

CONCEPT: NON-PLAYABLE ROLES FOR BALLOT RUNNER UPS
CHANCE: 62.86%
WANT: 38.17%
Next up we're rating the concepts of Idolm@ster Mii Costumes and the Meta Crystal stage from SSB64. Also predict what score the concepts of Saffron City and a Star Fox Character being revealed near the release of Star Fox Zero (a concept that hasn't been nominated in months but we caught up to it) will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
iDOLM@STER Mii Costumes:

Chance: 65%
First I'd like to quote a post I had in the original RTC that explains what iDOLM@STER actually is:
Alright, since I might accidentally miss it due to college supply shopping, I'll try to do this now.

Magikarp
Chance: .3% - Less than Brash the Bear. Has way too much competition, but is iconic.
Want: 15% - If he evolved into Gyrados. That's the only thing that would make me want him.

Now for the moment I've been nominating so long for

Idolm@ster Character:
Chance: 4% - It was a heart breaker hearing Pac Man being in the game. Not only because I don't like him, but because he's a Namco character. IdolM@ster is one of Namco's better selling IPs in Japan, and it's newest release on the PS3 sold out on opening day. They certainly have the popularity in Japan, but they don't have strong enough ties to Nintendo. Their one game for DS didn't even include the main cast. Yes, surprisingly I'm not being bias for once in my life. A character from this series could be very original though, as they could either have a trio or a solo character, either way they could have music based attacks that they can actually do in their games, unlike a certain trio of white unappealing choir boys. If they had a solo character it would probably be Haruka, who is pretty much considered the main character of the series. Chihaya (very prominent character) Takane, or Makoto (both can fight) could make good solo options as well. If they went with a trio group it would most likely be the only trio that is set in stone within IdolM@ster 2. Ryuuguu Komachi :

For those of you who haven't played an Idolm@ster game, the objective of the game is to score points by impressing in Dance, Visual, and Vocal categories. Perhaps Sakurai could use that idea to come up with one move a piece for each type of category. I'd put them in the boat with Crono, Neku, Amaterasu, and Phoenix Wright. Pipe Dream Third Parties.

Want: 100% - If I could chose an Idolm@ster Character and have no more newcomers, I probably would chose an IdolM@ster character. Idolm@ster as a franchise has amazing visuals and music, and because of the amount of content the series could bring to Smash Bros. I would love to have them join.

First I'd like to post my favorite song from the franchise Smoky Thrill:

Just the idea of having this song in the game makes me think it would be the best Smash Bros ever. I would also like to think they could bring with them the item customization that they have with them in their games, it would add a neat idea that would be better than stickers, costumes and such to boost attack, speed, and jump would be pretty cool. Custom costumes being in the game for all characters besides Miis would make the game look even better. Stage wise, I would like to think it would be a concert hall almost like the theater in Paper Mario. I think it would look pretty friggin amazing.

As for Pac fans you guys might like this one:

Yep they even had Pacman items to add to your idols.

Point I'm trying to make is, with their awesome popularity in Japan, what they bring to the table, and the originality they have, they'd be an amazing addition to the Smash universe. I wish they could somehow get more recognition in the US because all they have is a port. Heck, even their anime didn't get over here, only the spin-off series did. Smash and Idolm@ster is a match made in heaven and would be good for both sides.

If I have more time I might ramble some more.

Predictions:
Shulk AT - 15%
Bandana Dee - 42% (Didn't we just do him?)

Nominations:
Micaiah AT x 5

Ok, hopefully in this post I can also address most of the arguments that people who hate Google have.

“BUT TLMC-Kun! iM@S never had a Nintendo Game!”

Nope, that’s wrong. iDOLM@STER does have a Nintendo DS game. It’s a spin-off, but it’s still a game.

With Wi-Fi Connection! Also, one's a dude. I can't remember which one. I think the one on the far right?

“But TLMC-Kun! Why would Sakurai even find the need for iDOLM@STER!?”

Cause I’m voting for them!

Hahaha, well that’s not the only reason. Take a look at the composer list for Smash 4. (I only will show you the important few)

Musicians who worked on new arrangements for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U versions

Keiki Kobayashi (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)
* Currently works freelance.

ACE COMBAT series
THE IDOLM@STER series

Rio Hamamoto (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER JUPITER

Yoshinori Hirai (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

Taiko: Drum Master series
THE IDOLM@STER

Taku Inoue (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER series

Jesahm (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

Donkey Konga series
THE IDOLM@STER series

Ryo Watanabe (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

RIDGE RACER series
THE IDOLM@STER

Look at that! It seems to me that all of Bandai Namco’s composers asked to work on Smash Bros. are really well known for their work on The iDOLM@STER!!! Nintendo only wants good composers, and a list of their best works. iDOLM@STER being on the list so often MUST mean something.

“But TLMC-Kun! Namco doesn’t even care about iDOLM@STER! It’s not that big a series for them, and they never brought it to the US!”

Geez you guys don’t look up anything do you! iDOLM@STER has been brought to the US! But as a crappy iOS Port! That being said, this should show that Namco is thinking about bringing the iM@S series over. Maybe this costume could garner more interest. (And force them to bring One for All Over).

Also, they are pretty big to Namco, since their inception till 2013, 10 billion yen has been made off of all its properties. (Anime, songs, games, etc.) If I’m not mistaken, that’s quite a bit of money for some stupid minor series to make. Plus there is the fact that they have had many games, on multiple platforms, including arcade.

Heck they gave them Tekken Costumes!! Why not Mii ones!?

My point is, Namco wants to get iDOLM@STER out there more, and third parties have already gotten mii costumes. So with those two items combined, I would say that Japan’s favorite idols certainly have a shot at being turned into miis.

Want: 100%

Well if they obviously aren’t going to be playable, at least give me a reason to want to play as a Mii Fighter.

Meta Crystal
Chance: 25% - You can't ever play on it except for in Project M, so many people might not think fans would want it.

Want: 100% - Arguably the only reason I like Project M.

Guys, do you think if we changed the ballot around, and put in stage names, Sakurai might consider them??? I think if we just put in all the info like it was a character, they would understand what the heck we mean.

Nominations:
iDOLM@STER Representation x 4
DLC Runner Ups in Smash 5 x 1

Predictions:
Saffron City: 43%
Star Fox Hype Reveal: 55%

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Exactly. I honestly feel that this was the only way they would see any light in Smash. (Other than a trophy probably.) I would never touch Bowser Jr. if it weren't for them.
That's fine, I just don't see it. For me, it ruins the character. Olimar may as well be called "Pikmin thrower" and Bowser Jr is pretty much "Koopa Clown Kart Driver". It makes them seem generic, and replaceable.

D

Deleted member

Idolm@ster Mii Costumes

Chance: 1%

This could happen, but I doubt it.

Want: Abstain

I personally don't care, but more power to those who do.

Meta Crystal 64 Stage

Chance: 1%

I don't expect there to be many more stages, but Meta Crystal 64 is possible.

Want: 60%

I'd be okay with this stage choice, though I prefer the Project M remake. (Not that I expect a fan-made version to appear in an official game.)

Predictions:

Saffron City 64 Stage - 10%

Star Fox Character Being Revealed Near the Release of Star Fox Zero - 20%

Nomination: Snake Rerate x5

Last edited by a moderator:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Idolm@ster Mii costume
Chance: .1%
Just because it's a Namco franchise, doesn't mean it has a chance. I fully don't expect to see anything from Bravoman, Klonoa, or Wonder Momo for this very reason. Obscurity only has a chance when it comes from Nintendo, not from the outside.

I just don't.

Meta Crystal Stage
Chance: 3%
Never been a choosable stage in the past, and it's popularity isn't flying off the charts or anything.

Want:20%
I'm not that interested in older stages outside of Fountain of Dreams or Saffron City, but seeing that it's like the only stage we could play on but couldn't choose before interests me. I'd like it.

Predictions:
Saffron City: 45%
Oh looky here. Sakurai has jumped on the recent trend of bringing back older stages, and Saffron City's one of the more popular ones. I think it'l be widely accepted that it's pretty likely.

Star Fox character reveal near release of Star Fox: Zero: 75%
I think it's the main prediction. Some people even seem to think Wolf was held back solely for the reason to promote SF:Zero. Odds are high.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Idolm@ster Mii costume
Chance: .1%
Just because it's a Namco franchise, doesn't mean it has a chance. I fully don't expect to see anything from Bravoman, Klonoa, or Wonder Momo for this very reason. Obscurity only has a chance when it comes from Nintendo, not from the outside.

I just don't.

Meta Crystal Stage
Chance: 3%
Never been a choosable stage in the past, and it's popularity isn't flying off the charts or anything.

Want:20%
I'm not that interested in older stages outside of Fountain of Dreams or Saffron City, but seeing that it's like the only stage we could play on but couldn't choose before interests me. I'd like it.

Predictions:
Saffron City: 45%
Oh looky here. Sakurai has jumped on the recent trend of bringing back older stages, and Saffron City's one of the more popular ones. I think it'l be widely accepted that it's pretty likely.

Star Fox character reveal near release of Star Fox: Zero: 75%
I think it's the main prediction. Some people even seem to think Wolf was held back solely for the reason to promote SF:Zero. Odds are high.
Eh, Idolmaster isnt obscure in Japan. It's one of Namcos top series along with Tekken Tales and Pac Man over there

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Eh, Idolmaster isnt obscure in Japan. It's one of Namcos top series along with Tekken Tales and Pac Man over there
I guess that helps, but I still think it's really unlikely. I don't see Sakurai doing costumes for 3rd party characters outside of higher third party request than that (Lloyd is a good example). I do think that Idolm@ster costumes would make sense though (as well as Ouenden! and Elite Beat Agent costumes), seeing that they don't seem to make much sense appearing in the game in any other way.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Predictions: Idolm@ster costumes 3%

Idolm@ster costumes?

Chance: 0%

What is this?

Predictions: Metal crystal stage 10%

Metal crystal stage

Want: 80%
Sure it looks cool.

Predictions: Saffron City 70%

Predictions: Star FFox character reveal close to Star Fox Zero's release 75%

Nominations: Sturm X5.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
bop...

SSB4 is the last SSB x2
Pirate Ship Stage x2
New Mii Fighter Archetype x1

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Predictions: Idolm@ster costumes 3%

Idolm@ster costumes?

What is this?

Predictions: Metal crystal stage 10%

Metal crystal stage

Sure it looks cool.

Predictions: Saffron City 70%

Predictions: Star FFox character reveal close to Star Fox Zero's release 75%

Nominations: Sturm X5.
For everyone who doesn't have any idea, please take a glance at my post on the Mii costumes. Thanks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Idolmaster Mii Costume Chance:
30% Decent chance of happening I suppose since the franchise is extremely popular in Japan from what I heard. And it is Namco Bandai property, so it makes it easy to get the rights for the characters. I commend @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club for all the effort he put into his post.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Is a Double Abstain? Or what do you mean?
bop means to hit or strike as in I hit the thread with my nominations...

also yes I double abstain...

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

iDOLM@STER costume:

Chance: 48%.
I will bring a portion of what I said last year when classic RTC rated an iDOLM@STER character.

What if…Sakurai likes iDOLM@STER and wants to pick someone from its wide selection of characters? Maybe he’d do it to give thanks to all the people he worked with in Namco, who also love iDOLM@STER? With developers from Soul, Tekken, Tales, Ridge Racer, etc, its too much to get a playable character from every one of those series. With a newcomer from iDOLM@STER, he’d be giving them all a gift; a character they love from a series they love, rather than getting every character they made in the game. Oh, and I know we have Pac-Man, but I assure you these guys would have a love for iDOLM@STER much more than they do Pac-Man.

For a costume, and for dlc, these chances are looking much better than a character.

For those unfamiliar, its one of the more popular Namco series in Japan. To add on to what @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club said, there's been a ton of games in the series, an upcoming one being a Taiko (another popular Namco series in Japan) crossover, and its popular to the point where it has had 4 anime series and various live concerts. The series has often cameoed in other games with costumes, for some examples, they've done it once with Sega's Project Diva, at least 3 times with Tales, and now with Tekken 7. I also was not joking when I said most players are in love with the characters.

I know a ton are going to bring up its lack of history with Nintendo, and that they have only one game on Nintendo DS; But look at Sega’s Virtua Fighter. VF has had only 1 (unless you count VF2’s Sega Genesis VC port) release on a Nintendo console, and the series still got 2 costumes. If you’re going to bring up that’s only because it completes the “fighting game” theme with Tekken and SF stuff in that dlc wave, then that shows how you don’t have to do much (Nintendo-wise) to get a costume from companies featured in SSB. There could be very much be some sort of theme that’d include an iDOLM@STER costume. We could get a music based character, a Namco character or Japan-only character and an iDOLM@STER costume would be perfect to release alongside that. Or, we could just get a wave of Namco mii costumes.

It’s really not too demanding for a costume, especially when Namco is still on board, and has gotten costumes for 2/3 waves so far. It’s also worth mentioning they do have a game localized here (an ioS port), so they wouldn’t fall under Japan only anymore, though I don’t think that’s a factor against them anyway.

Want: 100%.

Honno sasai na kotoba ni kizutsuita

Dakedo amaimono tabete shiawase yo!

Kimagure ni tsukiau no mo taihen ne

Warui to wa omou kedo yamerarenai.

Meta-Crystal:

Chance: 7%.
Never selectable in a SSB game. The only chance is if they decide to bring back every N64 stage ever through dlc.

Want: 0%. This stage would look beautiful if they actually worked on redesigning it. But they won’t. As such, I’d rather they work on bringing over Melee/Brawl stages, or the most fun N64 stage, Mushroom Kingdom.

Prediction:
Saffron City: 38%.
Star Fox thing: 28%

Nomination: Shantae rerate x3.
iDOLM@STER content x2

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Idolm@ster costumes

Chance - 12.5% - I think, while it is possible, it's not at all likely. Okay, it's relatively popular, and it has some credit to it, but I'm not certain if it's the sort of thing that would come about. We have some non-fighter franchise Mii costumes in the Animal Crossing stuff, but I think the situations are different enough (having some representation in a fighter already, plus first party) that I can't completely say for certain that it increases their chances. I think it's more in Nintendo's and/or Sakurai's hands, really.

Want - 50% - I'm not even buying costumes, so why should I care?

Meta-Crystal

Chance - 0.02% - Well, it's never been playable, only available under special circumstances, no nostalgia associated with the area, honestly I think they'll just port the playable stages, not this.

Want - 50% - Meh.

Predictions

Saffron City - 41.23% - At least it's popular-ish.

Character around Zero - 67.24 - Maybe likely?

Nominations

Fossil Fighters T-Rex X5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Congrats, RTC. Thanks to you guys, now I have this mental image of a bunch of Japanese pop stars singing heavy metal.

It's actually pretty funny.

--

Concept: Idolm@ster Mii Costumes

Chance: 20%
Turns out these pop stars are a pretty big deal over in the land of the rising sun. That essay by @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club brought up some interesting points. This series seems to be a serious thing, albeit one with pretty limited appeal that might prove to make them too big a risk, but it's still a point in their favor.

The bigger question here is whether costumes based on the Idolm@ster characters would be the right fit for Smash. That was my biggest source of doubt...but I had no idea Tekken had already done it! Maybe there's a chance after all--not the highest, with how unpredictable these things can be, especially in regards to third party content--but still a chance.

It's not my cup of tea, so to speak.

Stage: Meta Crystal

Chance: 15%
The oft-forgotten of Smash 64's stages, probably because it's the only one you can't actively select in multiplayer. Metal Mario's home turf is still a fan favorite, though it might be because Smash 64 didn't have a lot of other viable stages. With three DLC stages from the game in Smash 4 already, there's a chance Meta Crystal could follow.

...And yet, there're still too many intangibles in play here. We don't know how many more DLC stages they're willing to implement, and we might have seen the last of them already. We don't know what other older stages they're looking at, and the more there are--and the more new stages--the more likely it is that Meta Crystal gets passed on again.

Want: 40%
It's an interesting stage, thematically. I'm not the hugest fan, mainly because its layout is really basic, but it'd still be another viable stage.

Prediction for the Stage Saffron City: 32.50%
Seems to be a popular pick to be the next returning stage.
Prediction for the Concept of a Star Fox Character Revealed near Star Fox Zero's Release Date: 48.75%
A lot of people have Wolf pegged to be revealed near then. Personally, I think he'll show up earlier...

Nominations: Amaterasu x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Idol costume
Chance 9%
I was going to give this 0, but being in Tekken is interesting.
Want 0%
I still decided to give it 0 though

Meta Crystal
Chance 40%
Its interesting, this is a stage that you could actually fight on 64 but I can definitely see it coming, we've seen 3 64 stages already and this one faces no issues while others do
Mushroom Kingdom is another Mario stage
Saffron City I'll get to tomorrow
Sector Z overlaps with Corneria a bit too much
Zebes overlaps with Brinstar a bit much.
Yoshi Story has its song on another Yoshi Stage

Want 80%
This would be very good stage to come back due to the possibility of songs, other DLC stages are fairly limited to the songs of that franchise while this stage isn't

Nomination s
Offline tourney x5

Predictions
Saffron 27%
Star Fox 67%

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Idolm@ster Mii costume chances: 25%
I suppose it could happen, considering it's a property of Namco, which Sakurai could apparently get without any legal trouble; considering Ryu and the many third-party Mii costumes we got like Lloyd or Heihachi, it seems that Sakurai apparently has the right to use any property of Camcom, Namco or Sega. Several people who made musics for the series are also composers for SSB4, so I suppose it counts for something. The series' obscurity outside of Japan and its inconsistent appearances on Nintendo systems could possibly go against this, though.

Idolm@ster Mii costume want: abstain
I don't care about the series nor I do about Mii costumes which I never buy anyway, so I have no opinion about this.

-----

Magikarp Mii costume Meta Crystal chances: 18%
A single player only stage from the first SSB game which was cut in Melee and never returned... but guess which other single player only stages became playable in Smash mode in Melee where they were unlockable, then became starter stages in future titles? Battlefield and Final Destination, of course!

As a nice looking stage with a cool music and a simple but unique layout that makes it perfect for serious fighting, and having nostalgia appeal for those who played Smash 64, plus the appeal of playing on a previously solo mode only stage in multiplayer, this stage has some really cool merits... but part of why this stage was created in the first place was to fight Metal Mario in classic mode, for this reason I doubt this stage is going to be added if not tied to classic mode in a specific way because otherwise it would lose part of its appeal. Programming classic mode to force this stage when fighting metal opponents seems possible, matching the idea being why it was created in the first place, and the nostalgia would feel really strong actually.

If this stage was added in a such way I'd expect it to be free, similar to the K.K. Slider Mii costume, due to being tied with classic mode. Though it could still be possible that they would sell it as paid DLC with no specific tie with classic mode, if they judge the stage itself and its music enough for nostalgia value. However, considering you can basically recreate it in the stage builder, I think it would be a bad decision to make it paid DLC, and as such if it comes back I'd mostly expect it to be free. I mean, Dream Land has the wind blows, Peach's Castle has the bumper and a mobile platform with grabable ledges, Hyrule Castle has those tornadoes, and Suzaku Castle cannot be bought separately from a character, so all of these stages offer something besides music and aesthetics the stage builder couldn't do.

Speaking of music, there are some stages I'm doubtful about seeing coming back due to having their music already being used, but Meta Crystal is not one of them. The mandatory music choice is obviously... well, the Meta Crystal theme, and the other single player only stages from this game could as well have their musics in this stage, especially considering they never returned in future Smash installments, Battlefield and Final Destination. And for the rest, I can think easily of two Melee songs that were in Brawl but didn't return in SSB4: Melee Battlefield (or maybe its Brawl arrangement) and Multi-Man Melee 1 (like, we got Multi-Man Melee 2 back, but not this? that's weird). And there even are more Smash original musics that were cut and didn't return in SSB4, though those I've listed are my personal preferences. And of course you can add the inevitable remix which is coming as well, it may be a remix of the Meta Crystal theme, an epic Super Smash Bros. medley or something...

For those who don't get it, we've rated Idolm@ster character and Magikarp as playable newcomers the same day near the end of the original Rate Their Chances... Now at the beginning of this new RTC game I've promised to not nominate Magikarp again... still holding my word.

Meta Crystal want:
As free DLC tied with classic mode to fight metal opponents on: 95% want
As paid DLC with no special tie with classic mode: 60% want
Overall (please count this score for the rating): 90% want

I don't have specific nostalgia ties with this stage, as I barely touched the original Smash game and never touched its single player mode, but I still think it would be really awesome to have it back, especially for the cut musics from past Smash games it could bring with it. The Meta Crystal theme sounds awesome, and it's sad that the Melee Battlefield and Multi-Man Melee 1 songs are MIA. Its layout is also very simple yet unique, without any annoying hazard, making it a perfect addition to the stage line-up I could play consistently on.

This stage is a nice throwback to Super Mario 64 as well, it is clearly inspired from the Cavern of the metal cap with these crystals, and the aesthetics are inspired from those from the Hazy Maze Cave as well, which in SM64 is mandatory to go through to reach that cavern where you can activate the metal ! switch.

Seeing this stage having a special tie with classic mode where you fight metal opponents could also help to establish this stage as a series staple similar to Battlefield and Final Destination after being downright thrown away in Melee and games after while those two were promoted to legit stages on their own right. However seeing it coming as paid DLC with no specific ties with classic mode would just make this stage feel... kind of there... especially considering you could just recreate it on stage builder if you don't want to spend your money, but at least the aesthetics and potential musics are enough to make me okay with it.

I really love this stage's music from the original SSB as well as its aesthetics, and do you imagine if those evolve in future games? I mean, look at what the Project M team did:

-----

Saffron City prediction: 36.76%
Probably the most popular SSB64 multiplayer stage which has yet to return.

Star Fox character revealed near Star Fox Zero's release prediction: 44.31%
Not sure about how well it will do.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x5 nah, I'm still holding my word :p
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x1
Concept: none of the top 3 wanted newcomers x4

Actually I think I'm going to prioritize the later concept. I'll secure Squirtle and Ivysaur little by little until the leave the danger zone (15 noms), then I'll go full force nominating this unfortunate scenario before coming back to focus on them.

Last edited:
Idolm@ster Mii Costume

Meta Crystal

Saffron City prediction: 34%
SF character near SF0's release prediction: 47%

Nominations:
Cranky Kong 5x

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Abstaining from Idolm@ster rating.

Meta Crystal

Chance: 10%

That one stage ye can't select, domain of the Mario made of metal who is a jerk to kill. We've seen three 64 stages already, so like @ Delzethin Delzethin said, this could follow, but there are a lot of factors in play.

I'm personally neutral to 64 stages.

Predictions:

Saffron City: 30%
Star Fox concept: 50%

Nominate: Returning stage-Frigate Orpheon x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Idolm@ster Mii Costume's Chance: Abstain
It's possible, I guess. The game is doing well enough in Japan and it is a property of Namco Bandai.

Idolm@ster Mii Costume's Want: 0%
I really don't like cutesy anime girls one bit.

----------

Meta Crystal's Chance: 5%
This stage was only available for the Metal Mario fight and never officially available for multiplayer. I have a feeling they may skip this one for a better known stage.

Meta Crystal's Want: 100%
To be honest, excluding the awesome music, this stage is kinda boring. But it is a stage which I can't say no too since both versions can use as many more maps they can get.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
IdolmATster Mii costume (get it? Because @=at)
A completely random third party franchise getting even a costume? I doubt it.
Ew. I don't want idol weeb trash in Smash (hey that rhymes)

Meta Crystal Stage
Chance: 10%
It doesn't look that fun to play on and I'd prefer some non 64 stages. What about Pirate Ship? Or more Melee stages? Or Pirate Ship?

Saffron City Prediction: 47.23%
Starfox Prediction: 51.99%

Nominations:
Shadow x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Hahaha, well that’s not the only reason. Take a look at the composer list for Smash 4. (I only will show you the important few)

Musicians who worked on new arrangements for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U versions

Keiki Kobayashi (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)
* Currently works freelance.

ACE COMBAT series
THE IDOLM@STER series

Rio Hamamoto (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER JUPITER

Yoshinori Hirai (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

Taiko: Drum Master series
THE IDOLM@STER

Taku Inoue (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER series

Jesahm (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

Donkey Konga series
THE IDOLM@STER series

Ryo Watanabe (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)

RIDGE RACER series
THE IDOLM@STER

Look at that! It seems to me that all of Bandai Namco’s composers asked to work on Smash Bros. are really well known for their work on The iDOLM@STER!!! Nintendo only wants good composers, and a list of their best works. iDOLM@STER being on the list so often MUST mean something.
It means that they've worked on the series, and it happened to be popular enough to be a worth while mention. I've said this to fans plenty of times in the past but, composers don't come packaged with characters. Plus Namco helped make the game, so it was inevitable to see to see their composers working on the game( composers that were most likely just recommended by Namco to help work on that enormous soundtrack).

iDOLM@STER Mii Costumes

Chance: 85%

With that being said, there's a good chance of this happening. The fact that they had their costumes in Tekken is a very convincing argument as to how much Namco holds that series in high regard.

Want: 20%
Only if it's guaranteed that they come with a trailer like this:

Meta Crystal stage

Chance: 40%

It's a pretty classic stage.

I don't have an issue with it.

Nomination

New Mii fighter class DLC x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
LandIdolm@ster costume thing:
Chance 20%
I doubt is it even known at all, even if so, do they really fit in a fighting game. I have no knowledge on this franchise, but based on everyone's points that is not a long ass-essay that i don't bother to read, I've come to this conclusion.

Want Abstain
I don't really care about costume. Unless it comes to characters that actually has a shot to be a full character, at least.

Metal Crysta:
Chance 10%
Not really a playable stage (unless you hack, ofc), so it won't be a priority unless really highly suggested. I don't see supports of this stage around so meh.

Want 90%
Looks cool enough.

Predictions:
Saffron City 50%
Could go either way, I'm not trying on this.

Stair Fax thing 63.68%
This is Wolf's most likely outcome imo, so Imma just 80% Wolf's chance.

Nominations:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x1
Concept: none of the top 3 wanted newcomers x4

Actually I think I'm going to prioritize the later concept. I'll secure Squirtle and Ivysaur little by little until the leave the danger zone (15 noms), then I'll go full force nominating this unfortunate scenario before coming back to focus on them.
Eh, nothing to nominate, I guess I'll help ya.
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Meta Crystal
Chance:
15%

I can see this get overlooked, but I think that it might be considered.
Want: 100%
It would be a great competitive stage.

Idolm@ster Mii Costumes
Chance and Want:
Double Abstain

I don't know about Idolm@ster and I don't care.

Saffron City Prediction: 46.30%
Fan favorite stage and its music isn't on any stage yet.
Star Fox Zero Character Promotion Prediction: 50.13%
People will cite Wolf.

Nominations: Amaterasu 5x

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Meta Crystal
45% Chance
100% Want

Idolm@ster Costumes
50% Chance
50% Want

Nominating Pokemon Stadium x 5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Idolm@ster Mii Costumes
Chance- ABSTAIN
The heck is this? Apparently it's a pretty big deal, but I've certainly never heard of it. Since I don't have time to do research, I'll sit this out.
Want- ABSTAIN

Meta Crystal Stage
Chance- 2%
I think more 64 stages are fairly likely... but not one that wasn't even playable in multiplayer. As far as stages would go, I feel like this would be picked last, and I don't think we will be getting all of them.
Want- 60%
Not a stage that I have a lot of nostalgia with, but it'd be fine.

Saffron City Predictions- 45%
Star Fox Character Around Game- 65%
Nominations:

I've officially run out of things that I'm interested in rating…
Cranky Kong x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Idolm@ster Mii Costumes:

Chance: 12%

:4falco: Personally, I don't really care.

Meta Crystal:
Chance: 4%
We'd sooner see Planet Zebes.

Want: 75%
If only for that music.

Predictions for Saffron City: 36% Chance, 75% Want
Predictions for Star Fox Zero Character: 51% Chance, 89% Want

Nominate Daisy rerate x 5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Idolm@ster Mii Costumes:

Chance: ABSTAIN
Want: 5%

Not a huge Mii fan. And am definitely not interested in Idolm@ster.

Meta Crystal Stage:

Chance: 7%
Want: 65%

I thought it was pretty neat back in the day, but it's really not all that impressive. The original song was crap, but there's a G0dliek remake out there.

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
LandIdolm@ster costume thing:
Chance 20%
I doubt is it even known at all, even if so, do they really fit in a fighting game. I have no knowledge on this franchise, but based on everyone's points that is not a long ***-essay that i don't bother to read, I've come to this conclusion.

Want Abstain
I don't really care about costume. Unless it comes to characters that actually has a shot to be a full character, at least.

Metal Crysta:
Chance 10%
Not really a playable stage (unless you hack, ofc), so it won't be a priority unless really highly suggested. I don't see supports of this stage around so meh.

Want 90%
Looks cool enough.

Predictions:
Saffron City 50%
Could go either way, I'm not trying on this.

Stair Fax thing 63.68%
This is Wolf's most likely outcome imo, so Imma just 80% Wolf's chance.

Nominations:

Eh, nothing to nominate, I guess I'll help ya.
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x5
If you did take the time to read it you would know that they were in Tekken as costumes so the DO fit in a fighting game.

Troykv

Smash Master
Idols singing metal... Lol.

Idolm@ster Mii Costume

Chance: ...

This is a curious case, the series is really popular in Japan, enough to have various cameos in other Namco Games... But probably for the game's style still doesn't have a real game outside Japan, making its popularity mainly Japanese. Still, that could be enough to try to put a Costume... This could be almost a shoe-in if the series appears more in Nintendo Consoles.

Chance: 25%

Want: 90%

I don't have many connections with the games, but I love the animated series, and also this anime show me a character that has a special connection with me for some personal reasons

And is cute :3. I like also the other character :p

Meta Crystal

Chance: 5%

I'm wonder if this stage actually could return to Smash someday.

Want: 55%

The stages looks cool :p

Predictions

Saffron City: 20%

Star Fox Character in the Star Fox Zero Release Date: 55% (Wolf's time... again)

Nominations:

Rerate! Shantae x4
Idolm@ster Representation x1

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Abstain for iDOLM@STER

Meta Crystal:

Want: 60%
Wasn't selectable and never made it to the subsequent games, unlike Battlefield and FD. Could be cool, but really fits under 'meh' more than anything else.
Saffron Prediction: 10.9%
Star Fox prediction: 50.0%

Nom: Dixie x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
The relationship between K Rool's want and chance (I'm so plotting this)

If Want=100%, Chance=90±5%
If 50<Want<100%, Chance=20±10%
If Want<=50%, Chance=10±5%

Can't rate yet, but will definitely experience hype doing so.
Remember when I said this?... No? Probably covered by those debates whether one's opinion can work on an opinion-based theory.

So I actually took time to do that, and it really hurts my eyes and hands to see the amount of 100%s. (inb4 umadbruh) Not only it's the hardest number to type (next to 10%) with one hand on a keyboard without numpad, but they also come with some really cringeworthy chance explanations.

Okay enough with the salt, I've tallied up everyone's rating, and made a XY scattered chart thing, and the result is something like this:
upload_2015-8-14_0-3-2.png

Um, this is not right.

upload_2015-8-14_0-11-26.png

Much better. (Negative 10 areas mean those who Abstained)

I then proceeded to add a trendline, but Excel won't let me because of the negative scores. So I took them off and the result looks something like this:

upload_2015-8-14_0-14-5.png

The initial point I made was pure salted popcorn to the scene, but I said I've to plot it, so there it is. My point wasn't really accurate, but there's an apparent trend around.

Also, I got a slightly different result of the average, but that's not the main point.

C:54.15 W:78.01
Anyway, I've been trying to use the data here for fun and stuff, such as taking all the chances and wants in the page and made a little "Who's the next DLC?" spoof of that wheel happened earlier.

I needed to copy the data but the way colder_than_ice made it, there's a bit spacing/format mistakes here and there, so I took more time on that.

Here's a more fixed format version of the list, if you want to turn it into excel format, just replace " - " with a "insert" character (copy two horizontal cells to notepad and it should be there).

Top Bottom