• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
King K Rool
Chance: 70%. He's one of the characters I see mentioned on various forums or on social media over and over. He's standing out enough that people are trying to depict him as "the second Ridley", so clearly people know he exists. That's good news for his popularity. Movesetwise he has a fair amount to work with, even if Sakurai were to limit his costume-related stuff to the Blunderbuss for a special/some other attacks and his other special moves.

Want: 100%. The only character I want from a franchise already in the game. If K Rool doesn't get in and the new character is from an existing in-game franchise, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Wow, we haven't had voter turn out this great in months.

King K. Rool
Chance: 30% - His supporters have put some very good arguments in his favour but I'm still having difficulty seeing this as anything but some cheap consolation prize. Sakurai's already pulled that stunt with Ridley "Look you can team up with him and KO him and get a stock point just as if he were an actual character". Best case scenario is that this is a troll move but I'm remaining pessimistic.
Want: 80% - LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!

Nominations: Smash Tour Updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
King K. Rool

Chance: 80%

While the costume seems to have thrown many K. Rool supporters off the ship, I'm thinking it could be the other way around. King K. Rool is still one of the most popular characters on the ballot, and while it is uncertain as to whether costumes deconfirm a character or not, nothing changes the fact that King K. Rool has one of the largest support groups.

Want: 100%

King K. Rool is actually one of my favorite villains of all time, rooting back from my childhood days of playing Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong 64 (I still need to get the other two games). He could be one of the most versatile heavyweights in the game with an arsenal of weapons to choose from. He is also the main villain of the Donkey Kong series, which Super Smash Bros. could use more villains and another character for the Donkey Kong series, which did not get much content other than remixes of Jungle Hyjinx (The first level from DKC).

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KING K. ROOL
CHANCE: 53.35%
WANT: 79.01%
The King took a big hit in "chance" but he's still in 2nd place, he's just much closer to Isaac now. His "want" rating is almost completely unchanged. Next up we're rating the concepts of a Ms Pacman alt costume and a non-playable role for ballot runner ups. Also please predict what scores the concepts of Idolm@ster Mii costumes and a Meta Crystal (SSB64) stage will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
KKR did good, all things considered.

Ms. Pac Man alt

Chance: 2%
Want: 50%

Same reasoning as the Ken alt. This would be substantially easier to make, however, as Pac has no voice and it would be a simple model change. I'm completely neutral on this one.

Non-playable role for ballot runner ups

Chance: 50%
Want: Abstain

Everyone's on the line. It's just a deadpool at this point. Who lives, who gets Mii'd? Only the dev team knows. Don't have a personal opinion myself on it, honestly.

Predictions:

Idolm@ster: 3%
Meta Crystal: 10%

Nominate: Returning Stage: Frigate Orpheon x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ms. Pac-Man Alt

Chance: 1%

The same score I gave to the Ken alt.

I wouldn't mind this.

Non-Playable Role for Ballot Runner Ups

Chance and Want: Abstain

Predictions:

Idolm@ster Mii Costumes - 2.2%

Meta Crystal Stage - 5%

Nomination: Snake Rerate x5

Last edited by a moderator:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ms. Pac Man Alt
Chance: 4% - I think if this was happening, it would have been done by now.
Want: 0% - I hate Pac-Man, and I don't want him or his series to have any DLC whatsoever.

Non-Playable Role for Ballot Runner Ups
Chance: 51% - The inverse of my King K Rool chance since he is toward the top and will either be mii only or playable + mii.
Want: 100% - Every character that is important to Nintendo should at least get a trophy,

Predictions:
iDOLM@STER Costumes - 10%
Meta Crystal Stage - 15%

Nominations:
iDOLM@STER Representation x 4
Ballot Runner Up in Smash 5 x 1

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Ms Pacman alt
Chance 8%
Want 8%
I'm not really interested in an alt for Pacman

Non Playable role for Ballot runner ups
Could be possible as Chrom, KKRool, Wolf and Inklings cameos now.
Chance 70%
Want 80%

Predictions
Idolmaster 5%
Meta Crystal Stage 15%

Nominations
Snake Re Rate 5x

Too late for King Lizard Rool but I want to rate him haha
C 44% W 50%

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ms Pac-Man alt costume
Chance: 0%
Characters aren't getting alt costumes. I'm fully convinced of this. I know it's not written in stone or anything, but I literally have zero faith in it, which is disappointing really, because I want a Mr. L alt.

Want: 0%
What's the point of adding an actual character as an alt anyway? Does anyone really see it as satisfying as getting the actual character in the game?

NP role for ballot runner-ups
Chance: 25%
I think it'll happen unintentionally. I mean, I don't see Bandana Dee making it, and he has a hat right? Does that count?

As someone who hates Miis, seeing highly requested characters end up as Mii costumes is terrible. I also couldn't care less about Assist Trophies, regular trophies, songs, etc... so unless it's a new character I don't care about it.

Predictions:

Idolm@ster Mii Costume: .5%

Meta Crystal: 7%

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Ms Pac-man Alt

Don't see any reason for them to do so

Meh, it's not like she'd be her own character

Non-Playable Rolls for Ballot Runner Ups

Abstain

Idol M@ster Mii Costume: 25%

Meta Crystal:
10%

Nomination:
NiGHTS x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Ms Pac-Man alt

Want: 10%
Non Playable role for Ballot runner ups

Either as Mii costumes or as regular trophies (if they aren't already) would be fine.
Predictions

Idolm@ster Mii costumes: 2%

Meta Crystal: 3%
Nomination

Ryouma (Fire Emblem) x5

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Ms. Pacman Alt Costume
Chance- 2.5%
If it were free, I think it would have been done by now. If it were not, I feel like Sakurai would see it as cheap DLC. I think it's a little different from Mii costumes in that alt costumes you can almost act like they're actually in and just keep pounding them out for easy money, while the Mii costumes don't necessarily pretend to be the real deal.
Understandably, Sakurai might see alt costumes the exact same way as Mii costumes, so it's definitely possible. But just because we might get alt costumes doesn't mean we will get Ms. Pacman. Altogether, I'd consider this not likely.
Want- 20%
If it were free, I think it would have been done by now. If it were not, I don't think I'd buy it. But… it wouldn't waste that much time. BUT… it might set a bad precedent for "adding" new characters.

Ballot Runner Ups getting non-playable roles
Chance- 100%
We already got a K. Rool Mii Costume, right? :troll:

Chance- ABSTAIN
In all seriousness, though, I find this a kind of hard rating to put a finger on since it sort of implies that there are ballot "winners" and "losers." I'm not really sure this is a great way of classifying how the ballot works. How do we necessarily confirm this, anyways? We already got a Ken Trophy. Does he count as a "ballot runner up?" I think we'd all agree he wouldn't, but what about other more popular characters? Where do we draw the line? I highly doubt we will ever get an official release from Nintendo of the "top ballot characters" and "ballot characters that didn't quite make it." Nor will we ever know the motives of why a character is given a non-playable representation, because I doubt anyone would come out and say, "it's because they almost had enough ballot support." Yah… we will have non-playable characters represented in DLC, but without a way of actually quantifying this specific question, I'm going to have to sit it out.
Want- ABSTAIN
I might be interested if they can find some interesting ways to implement characters with moderate support. But if we get stuff like a K. Rool costume, it's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Since I don't really know what this would look like, I'm going to have to just sit it out and see what we end up getting.

Idolm@ster Mii Predictions- 2.5%
Meta Crystal Stage Predictions- 5.5%
Nominations:

Saffron City x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ms Pac-Man alt
Chance 3%
I have my doubts on costume for the characters who should have more
Want 10%
Meh,

Ballot runner up thing
Chance 30%
I don't even think they'll show off the full list so we have no way of knowing, I think the only thing we will get is they'll say said character is popular when revealed
Want: Uh? Pi?

Nominations

Off-line Tourney x5

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice
If I were to nominate a concept known as "dlc characters returning for smash 5", when the day comes would it be possible to do them each individually? In other words, we would be rating

Mewtwo's chance for Smash5
Lucas's chance for Smash5
Ryu's chance for Smash5
Roy's Chance for Smash5

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Ms. Pac-Man costume

Chance: 12%
I here, being a huge Pac-Nut has to mention that Namco doesn't treat the lady of gaming very well these days. She's been retconned out of the recent universe and is not even mentioned or anything these days, I don't care if Midway made her, she opened the door for characters like Samus Aran.

Yes, I would GLADLY take this. A lot of fans have been awaiting her grand return, and to see her in an actual game again, and not just a Sprite cameo... But to see her beside Pac-Man again would be fantastic. They are practically Gaming's #1's couple after all. Face it, This would be a GREAT thing for Namco to do. Ms. Pac-Man hasn't had a real role since Pac-N-Roll, which was about in 2005/2006, and she isn't on any Namco Museum collections as of late. ((And she was DLC rather than being right there in Pac-Man museum))

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Ms. Pac-Man costume:
Chance: 11%. We still don’t have costume dlc outside of Mii fighters. I’d imagine there's at least a chance they’d consider her if that happened. By they, I mean Sakurai, since Namco would probably push for Pacster.

Want: 55%. My only problem is I can't really picture Ms. Pac-Man looking right doing Pac-Man's animations.

Non-Playable runner-up representation:

Chance: Abstain. A part of me feels this already happened, but I also feel we'll never know (officially) who the top requested characters are anyway. Outside of whoever becomes a newcomer that is..and i'm convinced Mii costume + trophy is the only way they'd do this.

Want: 0%. Give them nothing for their failed efforts.
Want: 100%.

I love Mii costumes based off popular characters. They give off a ton of laughs among my friends, and they at least let me live my dream of playing as Chrom, Heihachi and Lloyd in some form. As such I wouldn't be complaining if its the only way to pretend other characters got in.
Unless its Snake or Wolf.

Predictions:
iDOLM@STER: 13% People will underestimate this one.
Meta Crystal: 8%.

Nomination:
iDOLM@STER representation x3
Shantae rerate x2.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ms. Pac-Man costume:

Chance: 11%.

Everything I've said for a Ken outfit easily applies to the idea of Ms. Pac-Man alt. We simply don't know if Sakurai would put more developmental work in more downloadable alts than a Mii Fighter outfit.

Want: 55%.

I wouldn't mind, she would be able to fight alongside her hubbie with that retro goodness. What would be awesome than to play as the earliest female lead protagonist in all of gaming? Ms. Pac-Man is love, Ms. Pac-Man is life.

Non-Playable runner-up representation:

Chance: Abstain.

Too early too tell. It's best to wait and see before we make any judgements. Plus, they could wind up giving us more promotional material like the Splatoon outfit.

Want: 70%

The more costumes the better. Plus, it would be a way of a condolence prize to t6hose who actually worked hard enough to be in the Top 10 since I doubt we would receive that much Dlc anyways.

Predictions:
iDOLM@STER: 13%
Meta Crystal: 8%.

Nomination:
Mini-Kangaroo x5.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Ms. Pac-Man Alt.:
Chance
- 5%
Want - 70%
I don't think alt. costumes will ever end up as paid dlc, not even for a single dollar. regardless, I'd love to see Ms. Pac-Man get better representation. In all of the Pac-Man franchise's representation in sm4sh, Ms. Pac-Man only appears if you complete a loop of the Pac Land stage if I remember correctly. my only worry is whether or not the Ms. Pac-Man alt would be a true alt, or just Pac-Man in drag. Therefore, I can't really say I fully support the idea.

Non-Playable Representation for Runner-Ups:
Chance - 99%
Want - 50%
Now... I am completely, and wholly indifferent to the idea, as this would in no way affect gameplay whatsoever, (unless the appearance was as a stage hazzard, but still). However, if Ken is never given a playable form... then isn't his trophy already exactly this already?

Predictions:
Idolm@ster Mii costumes - 15%, i have no knowledge as to what Idolm@ster is, so my prediction is a complete guess.
Meta Crystal (SSB64) stage - 60%

Nominations:
Amaterasu x 5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well...that day was about as much of a krossfire as we thought it'd be. Time to settle down with--what else--more analysis.

--

Concept: Ms. Pac-Man Alt

Chance: 25%
Another idea stuck in limbo for now. We've seen nothing hinting toward DLC costumes for characters other than the Mii Fighters, and it needs to be a thing for this one to be more likely. On one hand, Namco's swept Ms. Pac-Man under the rug as of late, but Smash's rendition of the Pac is meant to be a nod to his older games, and--as some others mentioned already--she'd be easier to implement than Ken since they wouldn't need to have a whole new set of voice clips recorded.

Overall...slightly more likely than Ken, I think, but still needs some other things to go right to have much of a foreseeable chance.

Want: 35%
Just as with Ken, I'm not overly interested in her. This comes more from the fact that it'd mean DLC alts would officially be a thing.

Concept: Non-Playable Roles for Smash Ballot Exclusions

Chance: Abstain
Want: Abstain

Alright...let me explain. On paper, it sounds like something that'd happen: the Smash Ballot "winners" would join the roster, and the characters that fell short could still get non-playable roles as compensation. It seems like an idea that'd work. So what's wrong with it?

The problem here is that we still have no clue how they'll handle the Smash Ballot results. It might be a matter of winners and losers, but there're too many holes in the polls and too many ways to cheat the system for it to be a sure thing. They may only use the Ballot for a specific number of characters, but we've seen nothing to say that definitively, and after all the pomp and circumstance it'd be awfully strange for them to use it for so little, no?

Take this with a grain of salt, but my own personal theory is that the longer the dev team is able to stay together, the more characters and other content they'll pull from the Smash Ballot. It won't be a matter of who "wins", because a character who they passed on at first might end up getting chosen later on if the characters with greater priority are chosen or vetoed, and if the character in question has the qualities they're looking for. I realize I could be wrong with this. It's just an educated guess...and honestly, those are the best we can do right now.

But that's my take on it. This whole idea of "winners" and "runners up" is probably completely off base.

Prediction for the Concept of Idolm@ster Mii Costumes: 13.75%

A franchise with its niche audience...but is it the right fit for Smash?

Meta Crystal Stage Prediction: 21.25%
Smash 64 throwbacks seem to be in vogue...but is this oft-forgotten stage in the developers' minds?

Nominations:
Concept: Golden Sun Stage x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Awwww... I missed an awesome argument day...:urg:

Ms. Pac-man alt.
Shouldn't she be called "Mrs. Pac-man"? Whatever...

Yup, just like Ken.
Namco is working on the title along side Nintendo( or SORA, whichever floats your boat) and they seem content with the idea of their other characters being Mii costumes for whatever reason( still waiting for my Nightmare Mii costume btw). Would they go the extra mile to put Ms. Pac-man in as a costume alt for Pac-man as DLC? Who knows.

Would I buy it? Pffft! No!

Ballot runner ups getting non-playable representation

Chance: 55%

An interesting thought. It'll probably happen, but who knows?

Want: 0%. Give them nothing for their failed efforts.
Sorry... Couldn't help myself... (ತ ൧͑ ತ)

Want: 20%
I don't really care, but a Sora or Shantae Mii costume would be cool.

Nomination:
New Mii fighter class DLC x5

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well, my huge essay was worth it.

Ms Circle Man alt:
Chance 2%
This is another if-it-could-happen-it-would-have-been-done-earlier situation.

Want Abstain
Don't care about anything non-character DLC.

Non-playable role for ballot runnerups:
Can I say this is confirmed? I mean... K Rool... Okay disregard what I just said stop staring at me.

Chance Abstain
Again, the ballot is not a poll of sorts. There's no such thing as "runnerups" of the ballot.

If this means those put into consideration but ended up not being decided as a character, then there might be a possibility. However, we're given no indication on what happens to the scrapped characters, nor did we get a confirmation on whether the Mii costumes are a result of this. We basically can't know.

Want 0%
Deconfirmation by unplayable appearance is always the best way to **** with the fans. In the text I provided yesterday, I ended up extremely hyped when I saw the costume happening. This may be extremely satisfying if you see the character you hate losing its chance, however, it's definitely not funny for those who've spent effort on supporting the character. Sure, this happens inevitably as a negative result of the ballot, even without the unplayable role happening, but yeah.

Abstain from prediction.

Nomination:
Rerate Snake x2
Rerate Isaac x3

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Ms. Pac-Man Alt
Want: 30%

Namco was never too crazy about Ms. Pac-Man to begin with and would prbably like to phase her out. Also, like I said before about a Ryu Alt, I'm not sure Sakurai will be releasing alts for DLC.

Non-Playable Role for Runner Ups
Chance: 100%

After what Sakurai pulled with Ridley and K. Rool, it's quite clear he believes that the fans of certain characters will be happy with what HE believes is an appropriate role for them. Remember him hyping Ridley? I bet he thought we'd be satisfied right?
Anyway, runner-ups getting a lesser role? This is something he'd totally do.
EDIT: Just for the record, I'm not sure about "runner-ups" but I'm 100% sure he's picking the most requested character HE wants to be a fighter and every other popular vote gets a consolation prize.)

Nominations:

Barbara x5

Surprised?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Ms. Pac-Man Alt:
Chances: 0%
Want: 10%

-Non-playable role for ballot runnerups:
Chances: 90%, I think it already happened, but I'm not 100% sure.

-Nominations:
Rerate Dixie Kong X3
Rerate Isaac X2

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ms. Pac-Man Alternate
Chances: 0%

Non-Playable Role for Ballot Runner-Ups
Chances: Abstain

Predictions
Idolm@ster Mii Costumes: 4.3%
Meta Crystal (SSB64): 11.1%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What's the point of adding an actual character as an alt anyway? Does anyone really see it as satisfying as getting the actual character in the game?
:4ludwig::4lemmy::4morton::4iggy::4wendy::4roy::4larry:
Yes.

Ms. Pac-Man Alt
Unlikely.

Honestly, why the hell not? No one is particularly rooting for Ms. Pac-Man in the ballots, it has more substance than a Mii outfit(a character LOOKS like a character not like a Mii killed the character, skinned them and wore them like some grizzly cosplay) and it's ultimately harmless fluff. Modifying a Pac-Man model into a Ms. Pacman model probably wouldn't take a long time either compared to the Koopalings or Alph.

Non-Playable Role for Runner Ups
Chance: 95%
Totally happening as it has happened in the past. To any character Sakurai doesn't want as playable.

Not fun for anyone. Unlike the Ms. Pac-Man alt above, the character is not only shafted from getting their own playable slot(which honestly; what's it matter outside which character gets the Amiibo?) but they're also potentially screwed for multiple games after that too should Sakurai enjoy their NPC role; Ridley, Toad, Meowth etc.

Abstaining from predictions.

Nominate:
Dixie Kong rerate X 5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Quadruple abstain today. I'm not particularly interested in rating this alt costume and I'd say the other concept's chances are pretty much the opposite of K. Rool's, but I've already abstained for his chances anyway.

Idolm@ster Mii costume prediction: 17.20%
It could happen.

Meta Crystal prediction: 15.47%
We don't have much precedence in rating DLC returning stages in this RTC edition, though the closest thing we have is the Mother 3 stage concept which included New Pork City. I guess this stage will do a little higher considering the fact it doesn't suffer from being unviable on the 3DS and there is plenty of room for returning musics from older games (whereas Onett already took most Mother 3 musics from Brawl).

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x4
Concept: none of the top 3 wanted newcomers x1

Is there anyone else willing to nominate this concept? I mean, after the original RTC ended I saw someone saying something like "I wish we rated the concept of None of the big three in hindsight, it would have been panned as a concept in both chances and want... even though it actually happened" (fyi, the "big three" were referred as Ridley, King K. Rool and Mewtwo; this was said before the later's confirmation as DLC and the original RTC wasn't counting post-release DLC anyway). With that in hindsight I really want to see this concept rated before it's too late.
(And btw, this is clearly about newcomers, not characters in general)

Edit: for clarification, "top 3 wanted newcomers" means the current three highest ranked newcomers in the want chart according to this game (assuming they don't change when we will be rating this concept, they would be King K. Rool, Isaac and Bandanna Dee).

Last edited:
Ms. Pac-Man alt
Want: 15%

Non-Playable role for Runner-Ups

Idolm@ster Mii costume prediction: 9%
Meta Crystal prediction: 7%

Nominations:
Saffron City 2x
Cranky Kong 3x

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
KING K. ROOL
CHANCE: 53.35%
WANT: 79.01%
That's a quite a drop. I guess it does accurately represent the increased skepticism in the fanbase after the costume's reveal. Glad that people still want him as much as before.

Ballot Runner-up getting a non-playable role:
It's definitely possible given that Mii Fighter costumes have already become a route for consolation prizes.
It's disappointing, yes, but I think it's still better than us not getting anything at all, as that would nullify the efforts people put into campaigning. Getting something would at least be a consolation that senpai noticed me (:p) they took note of the campaigns.​

Miss Pac-Man alt:
Chance: 20%
Doesn't seem likely at this point.
Want: 60%
It would certainly be neat. Ms. Pac-Man was huge success back in the day, and it would be a nice throwback.​

:231:

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Basically any binary choice implies that there are exceptions, and the one example you chose to illuminate (pun intended) is one of those examples that does not apply. "Evidently" nothing. That is a straw-man fallacy.
What a binary choice is simply a choice consisting of solely two alternatives; and your post was basing a rating of 50% on no other reason that there were 2 alternatives without consideration of whether they were equally likely.

The choice might be a coin flip in some sense but you can't just assume the coin isn't weighted.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ms. Pac-Man
Chance:
5%
No precedence, on top of being third party.
That said, it's very easy to do.

She has enormous potential....
To be a clone.

Pac-Man has a playstyle revolving around the use of his Fire Hydrant and his fruits.
If those two are tweaked or replaced, he'd play very differently.

So what if Ms. Pac-Man would use her own fruits from her arcade game, with different knockbacks, trajectories and mechanics.
Or give her a new Down Special.
This would be the best third-party clone ever.

Original XenoBlade rep x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Mrs. Pac-man

Chance: 5%

This was most likeable before Pac-Man's revelation. Anyway... We don't have any DLC custom already... So, this extremely unsure.

I'm okay with the idea, but I don't expectativas buy it.

Ballot Runner-Up get No-Playable Representation.

We get popular characters in the Pre-Smash 4 especulation as Mii Costumes, is likeable that the same happen again.

The other characters that I like are unviable for a custom (Bandana Dee)... Or could be really weird make it work as Mii Costumes (Micaiah :3 and Adeleine)... So... I don't have special problems with this.

Predictions:

Idolm@ster Mii Costume: 15.4% (I expect some really low ratings, and some high scores).
Meta Crystal: 12.3%

Nominations:

Rerate: Shantae x3
Idolm@ster Representation x2

D

Deleted member

Ms Pacman Alt

Chances : 8

Want : 97

Ballot runner ups go NPC

Chances : 67

Want : 1

Predictions

Idolmaster costume for Miis : 4.67
Meta Crystal : 6.78

Nominating Reyn x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Extra nominations? Sweet.

Ms. Pac-Man

Chance: 7%
It's easy to implement, but I feel Ms. Pac-Man missed the boat.

Ballot Runner-Ups getting Non-Playable Roles

Predictions for Idolm@ster costumes: 1% Chance, 76% Want
Predictions for Metal Crystal: 35% Chance, 64% Want

Nominate Daisy rerate x 10

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ms. Pac-Man

Want: 60%
Another case of "If they had wanted to, they would have put it in the vanilla game." Would have been nice to have, but I really don't care either way. Pac's one of my worst characters.
Representation for Ballot Runners-up

Chance: 100%
Want: 75%
If by 'any representation,' we're including Mii costumes, then it's a given. They are very easy to implement, and it's quick to make them. After all, we've already got a few, and the Inkling/K.Rool costumes suggest this is confirmed if niether of them are given the playable role. This is another case of Want depending on the character, but I think that Mii costumes are perfect for any characters with some support but hurdles to playability like third-parties or possibly even the IC's. But there are some first-parties (K.Rool/Ridley) I won't take anything less than playable.
iDOLM@STER Prediction: 34.5%
Meta Crystal Prediction: 2.9%

Nom: Dixie rerate x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Ms. Pac-Man Alt. Costume
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For chance, I doubt this will be possible. We don't have any sort of lead that there will be alt costumes for characters as DLC; I doubt we will see something like Zero getting an X alt in UMvC3. The ship for this concept has sailed in my eyes.
As for want, I am not interested.

The Long Concept
Chance and Want:
Double Abstain

No thoughts or opinions.

Idolm@aster Costumes Prediction: 7.38%
Is this series popular outside of Japan?
Metal Crystal Prediction: 12.75%
I think some might expect this.

Nominations: Amaterasu 5x

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x4
Concept: none of the top 3 wanted newcomers x1

Is there anyone else willing to nominate this concept? I mean, after the original RTC ended I saw someone saying something like "I wish we rated the concept of None of the big three in hindsight, it would have been panned as a concept in both chances and want... even though it actually happened" (fyi, the "big three" were referred as Ridley, King K. Rool and Mewtwo; this was said before the later's confirmation as DLC and the original RTC wasn't counting post-release DLC anyway). With that in hindsight I really want to see this concept rated before it's too late.
I don't see why tho.

But by definition,

May not perfectly represent people's opinion (the 2 rep dlc thing you're so aware of), but yeah.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mrs. Pac-Man alt

Chance - 0% - No alts unless they come as part of a new character. That's my thought on the situation, anyway.

Want - 10% - Never cared for alts.

Ballot Runner-Up gets Non-Playable representation

Chance - 60% - As I nominated this concept, I did it mostly because I wasn't' sure of its chances. I have a gut feeling it will most likely happen, but I can't say for how much. This feels about right; I can't say for certain what characters will get through, but we all know that they have to stop at some point.

Want - 80% - Mostly depends on who get in and who doesn't, but in many cases I think some representation is better than none at all.

Predictions

Idolm@aster Costumes - 20.34% - Haven't a clue.

Metal Crystal - 15.45% - Not being a playable stage before probably hurts.

Nominations
Fossil Fighters T-Rex X5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Ms. Pac-Man Alt's Chance: 1%
Doesn't look like they will be making non-Mii skins DLC, it could happen but my money is on that it wont.

Ms. Pac-Man Alt's Want: 0%
Truth be told, I'm fine with the Mii outfits since customization is the big gimmick of the character. However, I really don't want to spend any money on alternate appearances for the normal characters.

----------

Runner Ups As Non-Playable Roles' Chance: 50%
With how Sakurai feels that Mii Costumes, Assist Trophies, bosses, etc are legitimate way to represent a character, I can see this happening. I believe the man honestly has good intentions when he does this, and probably thinks fans will like this better than their character just not appearing in the game period, so I can see some popular characters who he may not feel up to snuff getting this treatment.

Runner Ups As Non-Playable Roles' Want: Abstain
I can understand the unhappiness a fan would feel if their favorite character got this treatment. With that said, there's many characters I'd rather see as Mii costumes than ever playable, so I'm ok with this approach also.

Top Bottom