• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
King Boo's chances: 0.5%

Fairly important, but has to deal with the likes of Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Daisy, and when the next game comes around, Waluigi and possibly even Nabbit. I honestly don't think he'll even be considered any time soon.

Want: 0%

I've never been a fan of this idea.

Pichu's chances: 20%

Same rating I gave him last time. He is a veteran and he wouldn't be difficult to include, but he's got a lot of hate and wasn't planned to return to Brawl, unlike the three Melee cuts that returned this game. I think there's a chance, but it's not super likely.

Want: 10%

Half my previous score. Veterans returning (outside of the redundant Young Link) would be interesting...but he's my least favorite Smasher of all time, as both a fighter and an inclusion, and there are several other Pokémon I would be far more interested in seeing get a shot. So I'd prefer he be left behind in Melee.

Fossil Hero prediction: 8.27%
Pious prediction: 0.90%

Nominations: Spyro rerate x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
King Boo
Chance: 0% (rounded down) - For a new Mario rep, he needs to get in line behind Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Daisy, Waluigi, and Birdo.

Pichu
Chance: 3% - I feel that the fact that Pichu wasn't even planned for Brawl is a huge blow to it's chances. It has some support in Japan, but not much.
Want: 70%

Nominations: Smash Tour Updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KING BOO
CHANCE: 2.40%
WANT: 34.37%

PICHU
CHANCE: 15.54%
WANT: 37.73%
Next up we're rating Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness, and Fossil Hero. Also please predict what score Bandanna Dee and Balloon Fighter will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Pious Augustus

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

A forgotten character from a forgotten game of the long gone GameCube era.

Fossil Hero

Chance: 5%

If we're getting a Fossil Fighters character, it's definitely him, but that's not saying much since the series isn't hugely popular.

Predictions:

Bandanna Dee - 40%

Ballon Fighter - 10%

Nominations: Snake Rerate x5

Nominations: Spyro rerate x5
I won't stop you, but I don't find this necessary. I honestly don't think Spyro's chances have changed one bit since we last rated him.

Troykv

Smash Master
Pious Augustus

A forgotten character from a forgotten game of the long gone GameCube era.

Fossil Hero

Chance: 5%

If we're getting a Fossil Fighters character, it's definitely him, but that's not saying much since the series isn't hugely popular.

Predictions:

Bandanna Dee - 40%

Ballon Fighter - 10%

Nominations: Snake Rerate x5

I won't stop you, but I don't find this necessary. I honestly don't think Spyro's chances have changed one bit since we last rated him.
Well... The older rates are in general higher... Maybe some characters could need to get lower rates... But I'm thinking more in the Indies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Actually in Spyro's case the team up with Activision for the Skylander's project may have opened things up a bit...It may mean nothing in terms of Smash, but if nintendo was willing to contribute two of their most iconic characters in DK and Bowser, then Activision may be willing to do the same with one of their's...and Spyro would be the obvious choice...

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pious Augustus

Chance - 0% - Eternal Darkness was a cult hit from the Game Cube days, and while he was the most predominant character throughout the game, having so little importance in so long makes me think he's a goner, especially sense he has to contest with Alexandria Rovias.

Want - 45% - Eternal Darkness may be cool, but I think something like an assist trophy or some such might be better overall.

Fossil Hero

Chance - 2.15% - Okay, but not great. Kinda outshone in the 'mon department by Pokemon, and admittedly I have more faith in a Vivosaur, but I can see him getting in if their is enough demand.

Want - 30% - Honestly, I would rather cut the middleman and have a plain Vivosaur instead of having them be shackled to a trainer. A T-Rex is enough appeal; I don't think it would need any other gimmicks.

Predictions

Bandanna Dee - 33.67% - Just a random decrease due to variation...

Balloon Fighter - 1.34% - Dead in the water due to Villager.

Nominations

Non-playable representation for Ballot Runners-up X3

Fossil Fighters T-Rex X2

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Pious Augustus:
Chance: 1%
If the rumors about the new Eternal Darkness ever get proven true, this will change, but for now we're talking about one of multiple protagonists from a little known series that came out a decade ago. His chances are as slim as they get.

Want: 15%
I like him in his Liche form. More villains are never bad. Not really that interested though.

Fossil Hero:
Chance: 4%
Comes from a series that's relevant. That's never bad, but it's still pretty obscure, and it's not like he gets a ton of support anywhere.

I can say for sure I never wanted this character before, and definitely don't now. I hate characters that require other things to fight for them. It's why I was happy when Pokemon Trainer was cut.

Predictions:

Balloon Fighter: 13%
Slight uptick because of the tragedy, but still really unlikely.

Bandanna Dee: 58%
From what I've seen, this dude's really popular around here.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pious Augustus

Double zeroes.

Yeah no, I honestly don't see this happening. Eternal Darkness as an M rated game is way above Metal Gear Solid and there's no toning that down for Smash. Plus ED fell out of relevancy a long time ago.

Fossil Fighter

Double abstain.

I have no knowledge of the series.

Predictions:

Balloon Fighter: 5%
Bandana Dee: 60%

Nominate: Rundas x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Pious Augustus

Chance: 3%
Unless Nintendo decides to do something with Eternal Darkness, his chances are low, of course massive ballot demand could get him in, all you need to do now is vote for him or succumb to the horrors:evil:. As for the issue of Alexandra Roivas, Pious is a better rep for the series since in reality the game revolves more around him than Roivas.
Plus when you play as him in chapter 1, he's good.

So you could count him as a hero gone bad.

Want: 100%

Come on just take one look at him, insta buy DLC. People who don't know him will buy him because he looks cool, then learn about him and his game. People who know him will get to finally see Eternal Darkness repped and play as their favorite villain.
Also he'll make this thread do nothing but rerate the BB Bandit trio if he doesn't get a good want rating.

Fossil Hero

Chance: 15%

Nintendo could throw him in to promote the series, though an anime would be another good way to drum up support for not only Hunter (Fossil Hero), but also everyone's favorite trio, the BB bandit trio.

Want: 90%

He's cool, but I'd rather see the good old BB bandit trio. (They're baaaaaaaack:awesome:)

TREMBLE IN FEAR!
WE'RE THE BB BANDIT TRIO BACK FOR REVENGE!

Predictions: Balloon Fighter 5%

Predictions: Bandanna Dee 40%

Nominations: Sturm x5.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Pious:
Double Zeros
I have no connection to the character and overall he's minor compared to the more deserving choices.

Fossil Hero:

Chance: 10%
I don't think the series is big enough for the series to warrant a character.

Want: 40%
I don't have a connection but they would get me into the series as I'm already somewhat interested.

Predictions:
Balloon Fighter: 25% - One of the more well known retro characters.
Bandana: 40% - Highly overrated, mainly popular here rather than other places.

Nominations:
Idolm@ster Mii Costume x 5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And then Fossil Hero stopped digging and decided to tie balloons to his back and fly for no reason.

D

Deleted member

Actually in Spyro's case the team up with Activision for the Skylander's project may have opened things up a bit...It may mean nothing in terms of Smash, but if nintendo was willing to contribute two of their most iconic characters in DK and Bowser, then Activision may be willing to do the same with one of their's...and Spyro would be the obvious choice...
Activision may be open to that, but there's still a few hurdles Spyro has to jump over:
  1. I've mentioned in the past that Spyro never enjoyed much of a following or presence in Japan. In fact, only four classic era Spyro games and one Skylanders game have been localized in Japan thus far. Not even the upcoming Skylanders game with the DK and Bowser cameos has been confirmed for a Japanese release.
  2. The one Skylanders game that DID get a Japanese release was published and distributed by none other than Square Enix of all companies (and if I'm not mistaken, they do the same for every other Activison IP that's present in Japan). Considering that Spyro is most likely insignificant to them due to his severe lack of Japanese popularity, why would the stingy Square Enix lend over Spyro as opposed to, say, a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character?
  3. Sakurai stated that the rest of the DLC characters are going to be "fan service." This may be subjective, but even if Spyro's minuscule ballot support were disregarded, it would be difficult to consider him fan service to the average Smash Bros. player.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Activision may be open to that, but there's still a few hurdles Spyro has to jump over:
  1. I've mentioned in the past that Spyro never enjoyed much of a following or presence in Japan. In fact, only four classic era Spyro games and one Skylanders game have been localized in Japan thus far. Not even the upcoming Skylanders game with the DK and Bowser cameos has been confirmed for a Japanese release.
  2. The one Skylanders game that DID get a Japanese release was published and distributed by none other than Square Enix of all companies (and if I'm not mistaken, they do the same for every other Activison IP that's present in Japan). Considering that Spyro is most likely insignificant to them due to his severe lack of Japanese popularity, why would the stingy Square Enix lend over Spyro as opposed to, say, a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character?
  3. Sakurai stated that the rest of the DLC characters are going to be "fan service." This may be subjective, but even if Spyro's minuscule ballot support were disregarded, it would be difficult to consider him fan service to the average Smash Bros. player.
I never said that he was likely at all...personally I don't think the Skylanders crossover really changed anything but it simply opened the idea to Activision being more open to adding Spyro if it comes down to it...thus a possible reason why Smasher101 wants to rerate...

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
It was mostly to get that out of the danger zone, but there are no remaining newcomers I'm super interested in rating anyway (besides maybe a couple of the fifteen vote characters), and while I agree that his chances haven't really increased I'm honestly still a bit more interested in re-rating him than I have been for some of the recent-ish re-rates.

By the way you and @ Zerp Zerp won for Pichu and @ Lord-Zero Lord-Zero won for King Boo.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sorry about the late update; I'm abstaining from everything today.

Just a sidenote - the end of this day will mark the reopening of K.Rool rerates. The nomination list will also be purged of anything below 15 noms.

My nom: 7+ DLC characters rerate x5

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Since I'm here....and because we are rating an M rated Nintendo character...an M rated Nintendo character is a rarity...

Pious Augustus

Chance: 0.1%
Nintendo apparently hates horror games...ok but seriously though Eternal Darkness has had almost no content whatsoever in Smash, so why start with a full fledged DLC character? especially since the series is falling out of relevancy...

----

Want: 35%
cool, but don't really care...

----

Abstain from Fossil Fighter, but better chance than Team Rocket BB Bandit trio...also Dinosaurs....

----

Predictions 4 teh lulz:

B Dee: 43.29%
Decent chance as a newcomer...

Balloon Fighter: 4.32%
recently being bandwagoned, but for the wrong reason...

----

Nominations:
SSB4 is the last SSB x2
Pirate Ship x2
New Mii Fighter Archetype x1

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Pious Augustus:
Chances: 0.3% He really has no chance, he's not the protagonist, and he's in a dead series, that I dare say, is obscure.
Want: 0% No real interest, and I'd much rather someone with significant demand got in to not aggravate anymore people. Sorry.

Balloo- wait... :
I abstain from rating this character due to a complete lack of knowledge and lack of interest.

Predictions: Balloon Fighter 15% Recently became popular because of certain circumstances, which I happen to find really distasteful.
Bandana Dee 30% I expect his rating to drop a bit.

Nominations: I can save my extra noms for later right? If so Jirachi x 5, if not Jirachi x 10 (Waiting for K.Rool)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Triple Abstain for today's voting

Predictions

B-Dee 24.56
Balloon Fighter : Unknown

Nominating Reyn X5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Sorry about the late update; I'm abstaining from everything today.

Just a sidenote - the end of this day will mark the reopening of K.Rool rerates. The nomination list will also be purged of anything below 15 noms.

My nom: 7+ DLC characters rerate x5
Speaking of which that list hasn't been publicly updated in months, only @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice knows what the nominations list looks like, speaking of which could you post it?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Triple Abstain for today's voting

Predictions

B-Dee 24.56
Balloon Fighter : Unknown

Nominating Reyn X5
Triple?

Anyway

Pious
Chance 0
Is he even the main character in Eternal Darkness
Want: 5%
I have to admit, he does look kinda cool.

Fossil Hero
Chance 1%
Want 1%

Predictions
Bandana Dee 53%
Balloon Fighter 6%

Nominate Baby Mario x5

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Pious:
Chance: 0% One of the near impossible (like, round it to 0% impossible) first party characters…

Want: 45% I want to see the internets response. Not to mention he'd look so out of place it'd be hilarious.

Fossil Fighter:

Chance: 12% At least acknowledged in the game.

Want: 57% I’ve never played Fossil Fighters, but I do love the design of the characters.

Nomination:
Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x2.
iDOLM@STER costume x3.

Pious Augustus

Fossil Fighter
Chance: 3%

Bandana Dee prediction: 42%
Balloon Fighter prediction: 4%

Nominations:
Saffron City 3x
Meta Crystal 2x

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Pious Augustus
Chance:
0.1%
Even The Legend of Zelda's Stalfos or Mario's Dry Bones is more likely

Stalfos or Dry Bones please

Fossil Fighters:
Chance:
5%
This could've been 10% weren't it for the fact they're as requested as Stalfos or Dry Bones

Stalfos or Dry Bones please

Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Pious Augustus

Chance: 0%

Balloon Fighter

Chance: 0%
Want: 1%

Fossil Fighter

Chance: 2%
Want: 15%

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Pious chances: 0.01%
I almost wanted to give a flat 0% in chances but eh, at least he's a Nintendo character. Being part of a one-off IP mostly forgotten by Nintendo hurts your chances very hard, especially considering there actually are other character(s?) from that game who could be chosen as well. Ballot support is minuscule, too.

Pious want: 1%
Would feel rather random.

-----

Fossil Hero chances: 0.6%
At least that series is more active than Eternal Darkness, but is rather obscure and not really one of Nintendo's strong IPs. Fan support is very low, and unless Nintendo wants to promote Fossil Fighters as one of their strong series, it's not happening.

Fossil Hero want: abstain

-----

Bandanna Dee prediction: 32.10%
I'm not expecting major changes in this rating.

Balloon Fighter prediction: 9.50%
There's that Iwata tribute bandwagon, but also the fact he's pretty much part of Villager's moveset.

Nominating:
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
For anyone looking for it, the nom list is on the front page, at post #31.

Also, going through the list, I've seen a few things that are confirmed at this point, so unless there are any objections/clarifications, I'll also remove the following:
  • Concept: New Mii costume (we've got several at this point)
  • Concept: Fire Emblem Mii outfit (Chrom's outfit says hi)

Nominations: I can save my extra noms for later right? If so Jirachi x 5, if not Jirachi x 10 (Waiting for K.Rool)
Yeah, no problem. You can hang onto them until K.Rool opens up tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Pious Augustus
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For chance, he is a part of Eternal Darkness, a game mostly forgotten by Nintendo and has no representation in Smash. While he is a main character, he's arguably not the main one. His ballot support is small.
For want, I never played Eternal Darkness and I didn't know this guy existed until yesterday.

Fossil Hero
Chance:
1%

A series that was recognized by Sakurai in that it has trophies, but there is low ballot support.
Honestly for the uniqueness and I hope that we can play as a T-Rex. Though, I never played a game in this series.

Bandana Dee Prediction: 34.99%
Nothing changed.
Balloon Fighter Prediction: 13.44%
Might be overrated.

Nominations: Fourside 5x

Troykv

Smash Master
Pious...

Chance: 0.01%

He is a Nintendo character? Looks like a one of that monsters that appears in PC games... And yeah, that makes him practically imposible. Also from a obscure game without future.

Want: Abstain

Eh...

Fossil Hero:

Chance: 15%

Well he fits all my basic criteria for my minimalista good score: First/Second Party, Main Character, don't be a Japan Only, decent recepcion and some Ballot Support... Yeah, he has an actual decent chance.

Want: 50%

Could be cool.

Predictions:

Bandana Dee: 30.2%
Ballon Fighter 10.4%

Nominations:

Idolm@ster Mii Costume x3
Rerate!Shantae x2

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Pious
1% Chance
100% Want

Fossil FIghter
15% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Pokemon Stadium Melee x 5

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Double abstain from me.

You guys seriously took a day just to vote an obscure ED character? :facepalm:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Pious Augustus's Chance: 1%
Nintendo seems to have completely forgotten his game exists. No ballot support doesn't help either. Neither does the fact that he's not the protagonist of his game nor is the protagonist already in (villains and secondary characters always take backset to the star). I also feel his appearance might be considered too frightening for young players and that could hurt his chances too.

Pious Augustus's Want: 0%
He may look cool, but he's yet another sword fighter with no real standout abilities to make him interesting. I'd rather Eternal Darkness get a characterless stage (A-la Pictochat/Living Room/Hanenbow) chock full of Sanity Effects instead.

----------

Fossil Fighter's Chance: 5%
Doesn't seem to be in strong demand, so it doesn't look likely.

Fossil Fighter's Want: Abstain
I know nothing about the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a non-Yoshi dinosaur included.

Top Bottom