• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
BEFORE...saying third party, remember...this:
suddenly not so :083: now is it...
Tetris Stage

Chance: 15%
Tetris is arguably the most iconic video game of all time, I'm sure every gamer has played it at least once or twice. Having a Tetrimino as a playable character is a little bit too forced as representation for this iconic video game, but a stage on the other hand is something that can work out quite well.

Yes it is third party but since Tetris has a remixed theme in the game already it isn't too much of a stretch for Sakurai to take it further...It could work in a similar way as the Living Room stage with pieces falling on the battle area damaging fighters as they fall and forming new landmarks for the fighters to fight on...The leaked Dr. Mario stage seemed to have a neat concpet involved where there was a puzzle in the background showing the configuration as the blocks fall onto the battlefield and even showing which blocks will appear next...something similar could be implemented for this stage as well...It's just too good of an opportunity to pass up I feel...

----

Want: 100%
After Tetrimino's day a Tetris themed stage easily became one of my most wanted stages once the idea came into my head...Just think about it...

:4mario:
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
and of course :4pacman:
duking it out in the middle of a Tetris puzzle...(and as an added bonus one of them summoned Color TV-Game 15...aka frikkin Pong!)
When we are talking about Video game history...this would pretty much sum it up right here, having all 5 of these iconic video games represented at the same time simultaneously on the screen.

Omega form could literally be just a floating platform made of Tetris blocks as well...It can't be anymore perfect to make a stage out of Tetriminos instead of making a playable fighter which is a bit much to be honest...
It is a shame that there isn't a Stage Suggestion Ballot, because I'd be voting for this (along with Phendrana Drifts) quite a lot...

----

Concept: 2 or More DLC Characters From the Same Series

Chance: 45%
First let's look at the possiblilities...

DK
King K Rool and Dixie Kong; These two are getting the largest noticable and consistent support...I still think KKR's Mii costume means nothing later on down the line...

Star Fox
Wolf and Krystal; Wolf is a frontrunner with his vet status and Krystal is ranked somewhere in the top 20 so there's still a possiblility here

Zelda
Impa and Tetra; a franchise with lots of demand for a new playable fighter and these two are frontrunners for the series

Mario
Paper Mario and Captain Toad; are also getting noticable support

Pokemon and Fire Emblem
This is a stretch, both series have very little support for another character seeing as most don't want another character, but each recieving a newcomer in addition to their returning vets from melee may be a possibility

This idea is pretty much banking on the Donkey Kong Series getting both King K Rool and Dixie Kong, as they are consistent Top 10 picks...King K Rool being the popular villain from the Rare era, while Dixie Kong the once considered for Brawl Relevant second sidekick, with her own sizable fanbase...As I mentioned I don't think King K Rool's Mii costume will affect his chances as it was likely chosen to be added before the ballot was even a thing, it just confirms that he's not one of the pre-determined DLC characters...You really think Sakurai and Nintendo will miss out on adding one of Nintendo's currently most popularly requested characters for DLC where they can make lots of money?

----

Want: 80%
On one hand it opens up the possibilities to having other characters, as it doesn't limit the options. Sceptile for example would be amazing I have to admit (as well as weavile) having two Zelda newcomers whether or not Midna would be one of them is a another story, but both Impa and Tetra would be cool additions themselves (maybe Ganon)...
But the issue is, we still don't know how much DLC we'll be getting, the notion that we won't recieve multiple characters at all given the fact that Sakurai may want to spread the love as much as possible and that even though characters like Dixie Kong and KKR are top picks he may only choose one of them...There may be very limited space avaible for new fighters...

We just don't know, but as said this concept just opens up more options for DLC, instead of limiting to just one character per franchise...but because of a possible limited amount of spots which we do not know of how many spots it will end up being it worries me that some character may not make it if one franchise gets too much for DLC...

----

Predictions for potentially my last RTC:
!Rerate: Wolf:wolf:: 94.57%

!Rerate: Midna
: 1.34%

Double !Rerates for two characters that I want quite a lot...my most wanted veteran and my most wanted character, period! Here's to hoping both make it in!

----
Nominations:
Moreso just because they'd be interesting...
Concept: SSB4 is the last SSB x2
Concept: Pirate Ship Stage x2

Concept: New Mii Fighter Archetype x1

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Tetris stage

Chance: 3%

Of course I want it and along with all the great music, now just throw in Olaf and Soda Popinski.

2 or more DLC characters from the same franchise

Chance: 30%

Want: 70%
For some franchises I want it, but for others I don't.

Predictions: Wolf 90%

Predictions: Midna 1%

Nominations: Pious X5.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tetris Stage:
Chance: 5%?.
Want: 75%.

I feel like we would have gotten a Tetris stage if it was going to happen at all by now. They already have music from the series, after all. So I'm going to have to bet against it.
And that's too bad. Tetris is one of the best new stage ideas for Smash, along with Gang-plank Galleon.
Not to mention the various remixes of Tetris music they could do.
Personally, if we ever get a Tetris stage in Smash Bros., I hope it's heavily based on this game:

The best version of Tetris ever, and full of great Nintendo references and music to boot.
---
Two DLC Characters from One Series:
Chance: 30%.
Want: 100%.

The only series that realistic will get this is Donkey Kong, as it's missing two staple characters that are both highly requested by fans. It's possible we get a second Pokemon or Zelda DLC character too, with Pokemon getting a veteran like Pichu or Ivysaur, and Zelda getting one wholly unique character (Tetra etc) and one semi-clone via Impa or Toon Zelda.

As for want, yes, I know it's bold for me to declare such a high want rating for such a vague concept, but for any series that reasonably get this treatment, it's either highly warranted or something I really want.

You all should want this for whatever series you support. If I had the opportunity to pick two DLC characters from one series I'd be ecstatic.
Donkey Kong could finally have both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong, Zelda could have Impa and someone like Tetra, Skull Kid, Tetra, etc. Mario could have Paper Mario and Captain Toad. Pokemon could have Pichu, Sceptile, Ivysaur, or Squirtle.
Etc.

---
Nominations: Nightmare (Soulcalibur) x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Tetris Stage
Chance- 1.5%
Not impossible, since Tetris already has some representation. But its hard to consider any new stage likely, especially since it wouldn't be coming along with any character. (… Or would it? Tetris block for Smash! … Nah, Just kidding.)

Want- 100%
Sure! Why not?

2 DLC Reps for One Franchise
Chance- 20%
We have no evidence of any "rule" against it, but I feel like the team would want to have some diversity with their last few characters. Maybe it's just me.
Probably more important is that there isn't much demand for more than one character for many franchises. Really the big exception would be Donkey Kong but… well… yeah. Let's save that for later.
I'll give it a fair chance, even though I don't think there are enough characters left for it to happen. I might actually consider Pokemon the most likely possibility at this point, even though we already have a lot of Pokemon representation.

Want- 50%
Gosh. This is actually a hard one.
I'd love to have both K. Rool and Dixie, and obviously we'd need two reps for that to happen. But there are many other possibilities for having 2 DLC reps per franchise, and I wouldn't be on board with most of them. I might even like two different characters to get in, but might not want to see them together (say… Impa and Vaati, for example). I guess I'd rather see some diversity with these last characters.
But ehh. There are cases that I'd like. I'll just leave it in the middle.

Wolf Predictions- 88.5%
Midna Predictions- 1.8%
Nominations

Porky x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Tetris Stage

Chance: 4%
Considering we might only get new stages with newcomers it's highly unlike. Unless L block.
Want:40%

2 DLC reps from the same series.

Chance:10%
There is a possibility with Pokemon being the most likely franchise to get another character(Pichu, Ivysaur, and Squirtle).
Want:25%
I'd much rather get some variety of reps from various franchises instead.

Wolf Prediction: 91.67%
Midna Prediction: 1.34%

Nominations:

Additional All-Star stages x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Tetris stage:

Chance: 30%

Maybe, maybe not. The only brand new stages we got came in for free( well, the street fighter stage came with Ryu but still). Everything else is a stage from an older title so until we see a brand new stand alone stage, the chances for this one aren't too good.

I think I got an erection when I saw the Doctor Mario stage. If I can't get hat much, then please just make it an assist trophy.

Two DLC reps from the same series

Chance: 50%

This is just too easy see happen whether It's with Dixie and Rool, or a brand new Pokemon. But at the same time, the odds of that happening is pretty slim thanks to fan service dictating the future of DLC characters.

Want: 10%

It's not like I dislike the idea, I just simply don't care.

Nomination:

New Mii fighter class x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You've been warned. This second one might get controversial.

--

Concept: Tetris Stage

Chance: 5%
Here's the problem: we still don't know how they want to handle new stages. Maybe Suzaku Castle was a one time thing. Maybe they're only packaging new stages with newcomers, which would essentially rule this out. Even if not, maybe there'd still be licensing hoops to jump through with The Tetris Company that'd discourage them. We don't know the full situation here, and it needs to be very specific for it to have a legitimate chance.

Furthermore...it just doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd bring in via DLC. A stage based on something as legendary as Tetris would be better suited as a stage for the base game, would it not? Suddenly revealed at just the right time, surprising everyone? It just wouldn't fit as well as optional content.

Want: 40%
But it'd still be interesting. The fact that a Tetris stage couldn't possibly be competitively viable puts a damper on things, but still.

Concept: Multiple DLC Characters From the Same Series

Chance: 65%

Let's look at the surrounding circumstances. This is something so much of the fanbase has already ruled out for no apparent reason. It's just assumed that we'll only get one DLC character per series, just because. But why would the developers think that way?

Though we have no point of reference for DLC, we can look back to previous games and to the decisions they've made. Over the course of Smash--both Smash 4 and the previous games--Sakurai has repeatedly added multiple characters from the same series despite what eyebrows it raised. Just recently, Mario gained two newcomers--and a returner absent from Brawl--while Zelda, Metroid, and Donkey Kong stayed put and Pokémon broke even. Then we saw a fifth Fire Emblem character added like it was nothing, despite them having to know it'd cause some controversy and cries of "over-repped"! If there's anything we can learn from past games, it's that being the second (or more) character from a series is likely not a deal breaker.

Furthermore, let's look at how Smash Ballot support is looking in general right now. I've seen Donkey Kong mentioned several times already; okay, that series is the obvious case. King K. Rool is the clear favorite so far, and Dixie Kong has moderate support herself. A lot of people could see them both getting in if we see extensive enough DLC.

But you know what else I've noticed? For one, Star Fox has two frontrunners who both have very compelling arguments for inclusion, one a fan favorite veteran who barely qualifies as a semi-clone, the other with a deceptively large following and notable moveset potential whose apparent absence from Star Fox Zero hasn't slowed her support whatsoever. Then there's Pokémon and its wide array of interesting characters. A second or even third character from here wouldn't be out of the question with how many different and unique abilities the various mons are capable of, especially considering the "over-repped" argument falls flat when it's Nintendo's second biggest series and has three fewer characters than its biggest one. Even Zelda or Mario itself could get in on the action, potentially!

There are a lot of interesting characters with a chance now, and some just happen to share a franchise with another. Based on what we've seen from Sakurai and his teams in the past, I just can't see them vetoing a character that looked highly promising and had significant support just because one other character from its series was already DLC. It just wouldn't make sense.

I've seen how many people here want to keep future DLC diverse. Here's what I don't get: why is the only way to do that by spreading it amongst as many series as possible? If a character just happens to be the second one from its series as DLC, but its abilities are completely unique, feels like no one else we've seen so far, and has a playstyle all its own, is that not also diverse? This thought process highlights a mistake I've been seeing a lot of people make: focusing too much on a character's identity instead of what they can bring to Smash.

But even then, have you seen the more highly supported characters? There's already a mix of new franchises in there as well as interesting members of older ones. So many are assuming there'll only be time to make a few more characters, jumping to conclusions and assuming worst case scenarios from the words of a director known for making defensive announcements in the past and then surpassing them. It's led to another mistake that's been happening too often: assuming we have to choose between either new series or old.

And yet...provided things go as planned, we can get a mix of them just fine. A win-win situation, if you ask me.

Wolf Rerate Prediction: 82.50%
Increasing doubt will bring his score lower, but not by much.

Midna (Solo) Prediction: 3.12%
Having her share of fans won't overcome the same increasing doubt.

Nominations: Rundas x5

Last edited:
Tetris stage
Chance: 1%
Want: 10%

2 or more DLC characters from same series
Chance: 10% (I'm doubtful about this, and DK seems to be only one that could get two)
Want: 50% (I'm indifferent on this subject. I want another character from Pokemon series (Gengar), but it is unlikely that he would be chosen over veterans, and Pokemon won't probably get another DLC character. I'm not against both K. Rool and Dixie getting in, but personally I don't really care about Dixie)

Midna without Wolf prediction: 3%

Wolf without Midna prediction: 90%

Nominations: King Boo 5x

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Tetris Stage
Chance: 10%
With the inclusion of Ryu, Sakurai has shown that he likes to represent "iconic" third parties important to gaming history. If he wants to continue that trend, Tetris stage would make a lot of sense. That being said, any third party anything's chances are bound to be bleak, and if the Dr.Mario stage rumor has any merit, I don't see why he'd make a Tetris stage on top of that.

Want: 5%
New stages are always cool, but I'm really not into the whole stage hazard thing, which a Tetris stage is bound to have, so I really couldn't care tbh.

2 DLC reps same franchise
Chance: 32%
In my opinion, the only franchises that have a chance at this is DK and FE. With DK that means K.Rool and Dixie would both have to make it in, while with FE I imagine Chrom would be the leading choice. I can see it happening, but the odds are still against it.

Want:*100%
In a magical world where there are plenty more characters on the way, I'd love to see it. For optimisms sake, I'll put 100. But if it comes down to Dixie/Chrom or a character like the Ice Climbers, I'll definitely be rooting against it.

Predictions
Wolf (rerate): 89%
Really, who's more likely at this point?

Midna (solo) 6%
Would probably be higher if it were more vague, but not by much.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Tetris stage chances: 0.9%
Third-party, and not owned by either Capcom, Namco or Sega, which means Sakurai would need to negociate the rights with yet another party, The Tetris Company. Though considering how famous and important to Nintendo Tetris is, and considering the fact it would probably sell easily as a result, I suppose there's the slim possibility of Sakurai asking to The Tetris Company to add a Tetris stage... it is also more likely than a playable Tetrimino, considering The Tetris Company is rather protective about how the Tetris brand is used and it would be easier to negotiate the rights for a stage which most likely wouldn't have to break the Tetris Guideline compared to a Tetris block as a fighter.

Tetris stage want: 95%
Tetris is a very important part of Nintendo's history and deserves more acknowledgment in Super Smash Bros. than it currently has, so I'd love to see a Tetris stage, especially if bundled with Tetrimino as a newcomer (even though that's a pipe dream). However it could possibly be overly chaotic for anything other than FFA, so I don't give a perfect score.

-----

I swear I'm going to cringe if the following concept overall scores lower than Squirtle in chances...

Two or more DLC characters from the same series chances: abstain
I used to be super hyped about rating this concept, then that Mii costume was revealed and I'm now super confused about King K. Rool's chances... I have no idea whether it's Rildey's shadow 2.0 or Pseudo-Palutena 2.0, and the possibility of both him and Dixie Kong getting in was part of why I was so interested about rating this concept.

Besides, I think the only plausible outcomes for this are those:
- Mewtwo (already released) + Pichu;
- Mewtwo (already released) + Squirtle and Ivysaur;
- Dixie Kong + King K. Rool;
- Wolf + Krystal.

Maybe something else could happen, but seems like a stretch. Most notably I don't think any potential newcomer for series with an already released DLC character is viable.

Two or more DLC characters from the same series want:
Okay let's see:

- Pichu: 0% want, it left a bad taste in my mouth in Melee, I'd rather not get it back.
- Squirtle and Ivysaur: 55% want, the Trainer was the reason why they were in Brawl in the first place, but I wouldn't mind them returning.
- Dixie Kong + King K. Rool: 100% want, K. Rool is my most wanted plausible choice and Dixie also feels like she belongs to Smash. I want this soooo badly!
- Wolf + Krystal: 45% want, I'm confident about Wolf's chances (even though nothing is guaranteed) and I think he should come back, but I don't care much about Krystal.

And about some implausible outcomes:
- Any Pokémon newcomer: 4% want, I'd rather not have any more Pokémon newcomer, but there's a chance it could be a cool addition.
- Any Fire Emblem newcomer: 0% want, the idea of seeing this series getting even more characters makes me sick.
- Porky: 68% want, no personal connection with him, but a villain like him could potentially be a great addition to the roster.
- Chun-Li: 3% want, I suppose she's the next best thing after Ryu for an iconic fighter who often appears in crossovers, but she would probably be redundant with part of why Ryu was added in the first place, adding a character inspired from traditional fighters in Smash.

Okay, considering the implausible outcomes have less impact overall on my overall want rating (because they're, well, implausible) I'm gong to give this concept a 46.86% want score.

-----

Wolf prediction: 91.03%
People were assuming he would be pre-ballot, but pre-ballot is apparently over, so there may be some skepticism, but Wolf's comeback could still be influenced by the ballot.

Midna prediction: 1.12%
I seems like people are harsher towards Assist Trophies these days compared to the early days of this game, especially when you compare Dark Samus and the old Midna score with the likes of Isabelle, Samurai Goroh or Ghirahim who were rated more recently, so I'm expecting to see the score decrease.

Nominating:
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Tetris Stage:
Songs mean nothing, as they're just classic Mother Russia songs not owned by anybody.
Legal Hoops for Tetris have thus not been jumped through yet.

Want: 60%
Dr. Mario stage would be better.
You sit in a giant jar and pills come down.

2 Newcomers from the same series:
Chance: 25%

Let's see,currently we have:

Mewtwo (Pokémon)

The chances of a Poké veteran or newcomer aren't skyrocketing, but they're there (25%)

Lucas (Mother)

Not really happening we'd get Porky, but it'd be awesome. (2%)

Ryu (Street Fighter)
Chun-Li could happen.. (5%)

Roy (Fire Emblem)
Azura and Corrin have good chances (20%)

Other choices include:

Wolf + Krystal Pack (15%)
King K. Rool + Dixie Pack (10%)
Young Link + Newcomer Pack (5%)

I'll just take Pokémon DLC's score as the chance rating

Depends, Azura gets all of my money, I couldn't care less about Young Link and Pichu gets all of my hate.

King Boo x5

D

Deleted member

Tetris Stage

Chances : 2

Want : 45

2 newcomers from same series

Chances : 34

Want : 100

Nominating Full Ken Alt for Ryu x5

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Tetris stage: 30% I still think Dr. Mario would happen first.
Want: 70% Post in here convinced me it'd be great, though i'd still prefer a Dr. Mario stage.

2 dlc characters from the same franchise:
Chance: 55% I don't think they believe in "overrepresenting" at this rate. Though I also question if this would actually happen.

Want: 85% TMW we get 6 FE characters.
While I'd prefer some diversity, I feel if they do this it'd only be for one series anyway, in which case i'd probably enjoy whoever they'd get.

Nomination: Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Midna without Wolf prediction: 3%

Wolf without Midna prediction: 90%
Lol you remind me of this:
wolfmidna.png

Anyway:

Tetris Stage:
Chance 10%
Could work, but I don't see it being an interesting stage that people actually will buy.

Want Abstain
Couldn't care less about stages from now on

2 Rep from 1 Franchise:
Chance 20%
Like I've said way back when I'm going for overrated characters. I said a second character for a franchise wouldn't be likely with the amount of DLC slot-range-thing we have left. Assuming there's 2-4 more characters, and we get at least another newcomer from an unrepresented series, I don't think they will go and pick another character from the same franchise, at least not until they ran out of franchises, which doesn't seem quite likely either.

There's no written rule about this can't happen, and this might just be breakthroughed like what Ryu did. This is still possible, but I won't bet on it.

Oh, while we're at it apply the 7+ rep chance score into this, since it's close to impossible we're getting any of that with 2 slots remaining: 20%x*74.78%=14.96%

Want -1%... 0%
We're gonna have fun with this.
There are two cases:
  1. A new DLC is from the same franchise as the current 4
  2. 2 of the new DLC are from the same franchise
Let's look at 1 first:

1.1 Pokemon
1.2 Mother
1.3 Fire Emblem
1.4 Street Fighter​

Two out of three of these is already deemed overrepresented by many (Pokemon, Fire Emblem), and having another rep for Mother or Street Fighter doesn't seem too realistic either (at least I don't want to see it happen). Ryu already broke the balance of the third party reps (By no means do I think this should be balanced further). If the franchise's getting more reps, that's just unacceptable for me.

Now, look at 2... How are we going to do this? We've the top 10 wants from this thread:

That's good to start with, since we have no reps here whose franchise already has a DLC (called duplicate rep from now on).

Now by looking at this, we get these franchises:
  1. DK
  2. Star Fox
  3. Metal Gear Solid
  4. Golden Sun
  5. Ice Climber
  6. Metroid
  7. Chibi Robo
  8. Splatoon
  9. Kirby
I don't think the 3rd-9th Franchise has an alternate choice (that is at least popular), so we're left with DK and Star Fox. Not quite surprising isn't it?

Anyway, for both of the franchises, I have a character that I hate, and a character that I would've gone with (or really really want) if the said franchise need a rep. If the franchises have 2 reps, that means inevitably the other character would be chosen, since they're either the second most popular, or already more popular than the ones I prefer. Even if there's some third choice in Star Fox (Slippy), I don't think it's anywhere likely to happen. And I'm happy to live without him if I have to risk getting someone I really don't like.

Predictions:
Wolf 92%
I don't think his chance changed imo.

Midna 15%

Nomination:
King K Rool rerate x4
Slippy rerate x1 (I missed the day D: )

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Tetris Stage
Chance: 2.8%
Right now it doesn't seem that they're adding new standalone stages, which is this concept's main problem. Even then they already added Tetris music in the game without a Tetris stage which makes me think that if they had any plans of making a Tetris themed stage they would have saved that music for the stage itself. I'll give the concept of Tetris receiving a downloadable stage a small rating of 2.8%.
Tetris Piece for Sm4sh...

Want: 28%
The concept sounds cool enough, but every time I try to actually imagine a Tetris themed stage in Smash 4 it seems to me like it would be very gimmicky and annoying to play on.

Chance: 15%
Needless to say, I'm not a believer in this concept. I do have my reasoning though, so here's why. From a business perspective it makes sense to try and spread out the DLC character line up as much as possible so that people will surely have something that appeals to them. First and foremost, DLC has to sell. Not everybody is like me or most of the people on Smashboards in that they'll buy every DLC character made available whether they care for them or not. There are going to be a lot of people who are going to purchase characters that they feel they'll enjoy having on the roster and just shrug off the rest. Sakurai has stated how much work it takes to create a single character. Now imagine they create two characters for the Fire Emblem franchise that you can purchase via DLC. There are going to be a lot of people who just aren't interested in Fire Emblem as a franchise; therefore, they probably won't put their money into purchasing the two characters. That development time could have potentially gone into creating a character for a different franchise that may have appealed to that person, so the development team just wasted time and resources on adding two characters to one franchise when they could have created a character to represent a different franchise that might have gotten that person to purchase.

There are also going to be those cases where for whatever reason someone, probably a child, has to choose between one or the other, say, Pokemon character because they don't have the money to get both. Instead of creating cases like that, the developers could have put their resources into creating a character for another franchise that would sell enough to make up for a hypothetical secondary representative not selling as much because some people might want or have to purchase one over the other. With the limited amount of DLC slots, making a single character per franchise to represent as many different franchises as possible is the best way to guarantee that there will be something that appeals to everyone who aren't about to spend money on a bunch of different characters they don't care about. With all that said, I'll give the concept of a secondary representative getting added as DLC a chance of 15%.
I'm not about fan made rules, but when I agree with one I usually have my reasoning...

Want: 40%
Even after that rant, I'm generally not too opposed to a franchise getting a second DLC representative just as long as they're deserving. That being said though, I would slightly rather have other franchises get a shot if only because DLC slots are limited.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Tetris Stage
Chance:
5%

It doesn't seem likely. From what we've seen thus far, older stages have been standalone DLC and the only new stage that we got was from buying Ryu since he came with one. That is a precedent that I think will happen, but we might get an exception and that is a possibility that I can't deny (this also excludes Miiverse, since that was free DLC that was planned for a long time).
I would be hyped for this. When I saw the Dr. Mario stage, while I was skeptical, I wanted it to be real so badly. I think a Tetris stage would have a unique concept to it and I would welcome it.

Chance:
1%

The chances for this are pretty low. Let's look at the franchises already represented with DLC:
Pokemon: We have Mewtwo, but the rest of the Pokemon are far down the line. People want Squirtle and Ivysaur, but they aren't missed too much overall. There are people who want Pichu, but he is incredibly divisive.
EarthBound/Mother: I guess we have Porky and the Masked Man, but these two aren't greatly demanded. The fans just wanted Lucas back.
Fire Emblem: As I mentioned before, they could put in Corrin or Azura as a means of promotion for the series. Other than that, I don't think many people want another Fire Emblem character since most are sick of it getting representation.
Street Fighter: Ryu was unexpected as it is, meaning a second character would shock many. If we are to think that the planned characters are done, then a Street Fighter character needs support, which there isn't much. They could go for a unique option like Chun-Li or go with one of Ryu's clones to save time, like Ken or Akuma.
Other than that, the two other series that come to mind for potentially getting two characters are Donkey Kong (with Dixie Kong and King K. Rool) and Sonic (Tails, Knuckles, and/or Eggman).
A preventing factor is that if there are only two characters left, then Wolf could come back since he is pretty demanded...
Overall, I find this concept unlikely.
Want: Abstain
I would be OK with the DK characters and even Sonic characters, the rest I am iffy on getting two DLC reps.

Wolf Prediction: 67.53%
If the planned characters are done, that means Wolf wasn't planned... that's bad.
Midna Prediction: 2.14%
Assist Trophy

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't know.
I think that he say that Micaiah is a popular character in her series, but don't appears in the last game. A little bit like Talim.... But Micaiah has obviously the advantage, because she is a main character, a First-Party, has (a decent but still small) following in the Smash fanbase, a better Ballot support and doesn't use swords.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I think that he say that Micaiah is a popular character in her series, but don't appears in the last game. A little bit like Talim.... But Micaiah has obviously the advantage, because she is a main character, a First-Party, has (a decent but still small) following in the Smash fanbase, a better Ballot support and doesn't use swords.
Actually I just randomly said that and hoped someone would somehow understand the joke I don't even know I was trying to make

Laniv

Smash Lord
Tetris stage:

Chance: 9.5%
Stages tend to come with a character...

Want: 95%

2 DLC Characters from 1 Franchise:

/Want: 70%
Only if it's something like Donkey Kong or Golden Sun

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Tetris Stage's Chance: 10%
While Nintendo may get away with the music, in which the most iconic song is actually a public domain folk tune; they may still have to get the ok from whatever company owns the rights to the game itself to include anything else.

Tetris Stage's Want: 100%
It would be a pretty fun and chaotic stage. Plus, I just want more stage DLC anyway.

----------

2nd Character's Chance: 50%
It could go either way depending on the ballot and Nintendo's wishes to avoid more obscure/less-likely to sell characters.

2nd Character's Want: 2%
Certain franchises have more than enough characters already in the base game that I really don't want to see them get more as DLC. If it's something like two DK characters, it could be ok with that, be no way do I want to see two (or even one) more Mario or Pokemon characters.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Tetris stage
Chance: 20%
Tetris is one of the most famous video games of all time I would love to have a stage of it
Want: 95%
2 or more DLC char.
Chance: -90%
Nope, uh-uh never happenin... oh wait:4ryu:, and he's third party
REAL CHANCE: 60%
Lets run down the list of possibles
Wario: Jimmy T., 9-Volt
Kirby: Bandanna Dee, Nightmare
Capcom: Bass, Ken, Axel
Star Fox: Wolf, Krystal
SEGA: NiGHTS, Silver, Tails, Knuckles, Bayonetta, Alex Kidd
Konami: Snake, Bomberman
DK: Dixie Kong, King K....oh wait,
Earthbound: Ninten, Claus, Flint
Namco: Nightmare, Talim, Jin, Kazuya, Patroklos, Siegfried
Fire Emblem: Miciah, Marx, Corrin, Ryoma, Aqua
Zelda: Toon Zelda, Young Link
Nominations:
NightmareX5(SoulCalibur)

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Tetris stage
Chance: 3%
(It had music in Brawl!)
Want: 80%
I would create tetris stages in Brawl custom stages.

2 DLC Reps from one franchise
Chance: Nope%
Want: (I don't need)

Rerate :wolf: Wolf
Chance: 90% he has a bright future(?), he's top chance at this moment.
Want: 100%, as he's the only char I want back.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Tetris Stage:

Chance: 6%
Want: 85%

2 DLC Reps From One Franchise:

Chance: 25%

Well, I wouldn't mind another Pokémon and Street Fighter character, but this is hugely based on personal wants.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x4
Saffron City(N64) x1

D

Deleted member

Im honestly amazed that most people really like the idea of a Tetris stage.
I thought that almost everyone would give 0% want.

Troykv

Smash Master
Im honestly amazed that most people really like the idea of a Tetris stage.
I thought that almost everyone would give 0% want.
Well, a Tetris Stage is a most logical idea than a Tetris Fighter xD

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Hmm, I like the idea of a proper Tetris stage.

Chance: 7%
Want: 35%

2 Reps from one franchise:

It seems unlikely at the moment but here goes...

Donkey Kong characters like King K. Rool and Dixie would be quite welcome. Same goes for Star Fox characters like Wolf and Krystal. Fire Emblem characters...Eliwood/Sigurd combo and/or Micaiah would be nice. FE: Fates characters such as Ryouma can be left for the next Smash game. For those complaining bout "too many FE characters/swordsmen", the DLC is optional so if you don't want them, you don't have to get them.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hmm, I like the idea of a proper Tetris stage.

Chance: 7%

2 Reps from one franchise:

It seems unlikely at the moment but here goes...

Donkey Kong characters like King K. Rool and Dixie would be quite welcome. Same goes for Star Fox characters like Wolf and Krystal. Fire Emblem characters...Eliwood/Sigurd combo and/or Micaiah would be nice. FE: Fates characters such as Ryouma can be left for the next Smash game. For those complaining bout "too many FE characters/swordsmen", the DLC is optional so if you don't want them, you don't have to get them.
Oh Micaiah! <3

The Sigurd/Eliwood could be interesting... But I wonder about how exactly could be put a mounted character xD

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Well, I thought of the horse to be summoned and used in a manner similar to Wario's Bike as a Side B special. We technically have mounted characters in the way of Bowser Jr and the Koopalings. If we can have motorcycles, space ships, f-zero machines, transforming karts and others, having a plain ol' horse should be okay.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, I thought of the horse to be summoned and used in a manner similar to Wario's Bike as a Side B special. We technically have mounted characters in the way of Bowser Jr and the Koopalings. If we can have motorcycles, space ships, f-zero machines, transforming karts and others, having a plain ol' horse should be okay.
Oh! I get your point. Well, probably the horse would be small, if don't its... Sigurd/Eliwood would be so tall xDU

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Oh! I get your point. Well, probably the horse would be small, if don't its... Sigurd/Eliwood would be so tall xDU
He'd be pretty tall while mounted but since it's a special move, he won't be riding the horse all the time. Just like Bowser Jr., he'd take less damage if the horse is attacked but then the horse would leave if it takes too much damage. Having to wait a little while for it to recover. Also, my idea of his gimmick would be to have access to the weapon triangle. (swords, magic swords, axes, hammer and spears) Leaving Tyrfing/Durandal for his FS. He'd get a bit of super armor while mounted. fair would be a downwards hammer strike with possible meteor smash effect. (I like to call it the Hammer of Disrespect)

Back to topic, reps from the Soul Calibur series would be nice too. Let's see, Nightmare or Siegfried would be cool. Since Smash is lacking in the villain department, maybe M. Bison and Juri from Street Fighter could work too.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
He'd be pretty tall while mounted but since it's a special move, he won't be riding the horse all the time. Just like Bowser Jr., he'd take less damage if the horse is attacked but then the horse would leave if it takes too much damage. Having to wait a little while for it to recover. Also, my idea of his gimmick would be to have access to the weapon triangle. (swords, magic swords, axes, hammer and spears) Leaving Tyrfing/Durandal for his FS. He'd get a bit of super armor while mounted. fair would be a downwards hammer strike with possible meteor smash effect. (I like to call it the Hammer of Disrespect)
That sounds good :3

It's a interesting idea... I'm almost sure that exists a Sigurd/Eliwood support thread.

And could you post something in Micaiah's thread?

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Tetris stage's chances: 5%
Want: 90%

2 Reps 1 Franchise chance: 25%
Want: 20%

Wolf prediction: 90.09%
Midna prediction: 2.42%

Nominations: Fossil Fighter x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Tetris Stage
Chance: 1% - It's third party and there's already Tetris music on none Tetris stages.
Want: 70% - Sounds like fun.

Two DLC characters for one franchise
Chance: 4% - There's probably very few characters left to be revealed and the franchises that already have a DLC rep: Pokemon, Mother, Fire Emblem, and Street Fighter, all seem very unlikely to get another.
Want: 50%

Nominations: Smash Tour Updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tetris Stage

Chance: 4%
Want: 76%

2 DLC reps from the same series.

Chance:10%
Want:25%

Wolf Prediction: 90%
Midna Prediction: 1%

Nominations:

Concept: Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
CONCEPT: TETRIS STAGE
CHANCE: 6.26%
WANT: 69.09%

CONCEPT: TWO DLC CHARACTERS FROM THE SAME FRANCHISE
CHANCE: 24.27%
WANT: 55.13%
Next up we're rating Wolf and Midna without a wolf....irony. Also please predict what score Porky and Guile's Theme will get tomorrow.
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I counted your rating.

Top Bottom