• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Tiki Chance: 0.1%

As far as DLC characters go, I really doubt we'll be seeing another Fire Emblem character. Even if we were, odds are it would be one of the main characters of Fates. Tiki, while a prominent, recurring Fire Emblem character, doesn't really have the importance or demand to have a realistic chance at becoming DLC.

Tiki Want: 90%

While I'd rather not see another Fire Emblem character, I have to admit that Tiki would be an awesome addition to the cast of playable Fire Emblem characters, one that would stand out amongst the various swordsmen we already have.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Tiki's Chance: 5%
Fire Emblem characters just aren't faring that well in the ballot because people are either satisfied with what is in the game or feel the series has too many characters.

Tiki's Want: Abstain
I'm not too familiar with her, but I think we're good on Fire Emblem characters for now. As long as she doesn't use a sword, I don't have a major objection for her if she replaces a clone in the next game.

----------

Moonstruck Blossom's Chance: 30%
Unless we're getting another Kirby stage, I don't see it really happening. But they could add another one in, either new or Fountain of Dreams where it'd work pretty nicely on and is pretty popular.

Moonstruck Blossom's Want: 50%
I have no strong feelings about the song either way, it isn't bad nor is it amazing. I am for the idea of more music in the game and even more so for more stages.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Tiki, Voice of The Divine Dragon:

Chance: 0.03%
An unpopular character from an over-represented franchise, living in a time where the most popular are about to dominate over all others. Tiki is practically doomed.

Want: 100%
Easily my most wanted Fire Emblem character.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Tiki:

Chance: 3%
Something about the fans' "no more Fire Emblem" mentality.

Want: 50%
She's not a sword user (as far as I know).

Moonstruck Blossom:

Chance and Want: Abstain
Haven't played Triple Deluxe, so I currently avoid this song.

Predictions for Excitebiker: 59% Chance, 45% Want
Predictions for Ghirahim: 0.5% Chance, 67% Want

Nominate Isabelle x 5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Tiki
Chance: 4.7%%
I just can't see another Fire Emblem character making it as DLC, and if another one does I'm not sure how to gauge who would be the most likely. I'll give the last of the divine dragon clan a rating of 4.7%.
Fire Emblem and Pokemon seem to be the most difficult to rate...

Want: 10%
While I'm not opposed to another Fire Emblem character making it as long as they're deserving, I'd rather see some other franchises get a DLC character.

Moonstruck Blossom
Chance: 8.2%
Not unless we get a new Kirby stage. I'll give the concept of Moonstruck Blossom getting added to the game a score of 8.2%.
More Kirby songs are always appreciated...

Want: 80%
I love the Kirby soundtrack so I would enjoy any new songs from it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Tiki

Chance: 0.25%

I own the support thread.

And the Anna support thread.

I like Fire Emblem.

Also reps are silly.

Moonstruck Blossom

Chance: Abstain

Want: Abstain

Haven't played any of the newer Kirby games. Dunno.

Nomination: Gardevoir x 5

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Got gifts to collect and cake to buy, so this ought to be quick.

Tiki:
Chance: 4%
Little ballot support, another Fire Emblem character, made less appearances than Anna, her most recent appearance will be in a controversial crossover that most FE fans hate, and might have some issues with her transformation attacks. So many flaws out weight the good and the poor girl will have to wait until the next rising moon for Smash 5.

Want: 60%
Manaketes are awesome and I would love for anyone (Corrin or her) to be playable in Smash. Plus her redesign in Genei Ibun Roku #FE is adorbs.

Moonstruck Blossom
Chance: 10%
It will only happen if a new stage will come with a playable Bandanna Dee. Other than that, I just don't see a new song or stage from Kirby happening.

Good song from a good boss fight. Would have preferred that over the inferior Hypernova theme in the game.

Predictions

Mach Rider's Little Brother: 3%
Ghirahimu: 2%

Nominations: Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x5

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
TIKI
Chance 1%
Another filler-character from FE :substitute::sadsheep:

Want 0%
Sorry guys, Next.

MOONSTRUCK BLOSSOM

Chance Abstain No more Kirby Stages or Songs :glare:

Want Abstain

Predictions:

ExiteBiker 10%
I rather Mach Rider over ExciteBiker, could be an alt for it
Ghirahimu 1%
I don't know who is

Nominations: Silver x5

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Tiki:
chance: 0.5% hahaha.. no
want: 10% i'm not interested at all but she'd be more interesting than any other of those fire emblem characters people want for some reason with her ability to TURN INTO A FREAKING DRAGON so that's saying something atleast.

Moonstruck blossom:
chance: abstain. songs are incredibly hard to predict. that said i'd love FoD(my favorite stage ever!) to come back with this song.
Want: 100% I love this song so much

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Tiki's chances: 0.5%
Want: 0%

Moonstruck Blossom: ABSTAIN

Excitebiker prediction: 8.28%
Ghirahim prediction: 3.04%

Nominations: Isabelle x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Tiki

Chance: 0%

Want: 1%

Moonstruck Blossom

Predictions: Excitabiker 7%

Predictions: Ghiraham 1%

Nominations: Pious X5.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Tiki
Want: 70%

Moonstruck Blossom
Chance: 1%
Want: 80%

Nominations: Tag team mode x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
TIKI
CHANCE: 2.14%
WANT: 29.18%

CONCEPT: MOONSTRUCK BLOSSOM MUSIC
CHANCE: 4.74%
WANT: 62.74%
Next up we're rating Excitebiker and Ghirahim. Also please predict what score Isabelle and the concept of a Kirby stage from a newer Kirby game will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

ExciteBiker

Chances : 12%

Want : 44%

Like Mach Rider the Excitebiker would have to use his motorcycle for attacks, which provides a unique but tricky moveset like Ryu in a way. Also like Mach Rider, Excitebiker appeared in Melee! Even then the Excitebiker was considered by Sakurai to be playable in Melee according to Smash Wiki. However though he appears in a better role as a AT in Brawl, but didn't make the cut in SSB4 ( instead once again as a trophy ).

Ghirahim

Chances : 2%

Want : abstain

A freak who is also a AT.

Prediction

New Kirby stage 7.78

Nominating

Galacta Knight x5

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Abstaining for Excitebiker.

-----

Ghirahim chances: 0.33%
An Assist Trophy and a one-off Zelda villain, though probably a memorable one, but most likely not enough to be considered as serious Smash material.

Ghirahim want: 21.4%
Not fully convinced... he's rather memorable as a villain, sure, but I doubt that he's exactly Smash material. The most memorable Zelda one-off who would feel the most like they would be cool at being playable in Smash is Midna imo, but I guess that's just me. I think his role as an Assist Trophy suits him well enough.

-----

Isabelle prediction: 2.38%
She's admittedly the new official mascot of the Animal Crossing series, but she will do poorly because she's an Assist Trophy, and maybe perceived "lack of moveset potential" to an extent.

Stage from muh relevant Kirby game prediction: 8.80%
I bet that people will not expect any paid DLC stage outside of those from previous Smash games unless they're bundled with a character. A such stage could potentially be bundled with Bandanna Dee, but contrary to Ryu he doesn't add a new series to Smash.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x5

Excitebiker
Chance: 8%
Want: 5%

Ghirahim

Isabelle prediction: 3%
Kirby stage from newer Kirby game prediction: 7%

Nominations: Agumon 10x

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Excitebiker:
Chance: 6%
The front errr biker? for the retro-spot, but the chance of a retro-spot is low.

Want: 70%
Mounted fighter would be very exciting indeed.

Debbie:
Chance: 4%
AT

Meh, I prefer the other Zelda characters.

Isabelle: 2.14%
New Kirby: 7.14%

Lana (HW) x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Excitebike:

Chance: 5%.
I feel like we're not getting a surprise retro character for DLC, and if we are, if would probably be Takamaru because he's popular now.

Want: 100%. This is a character I have recently been inspired by on a deep level. I'm sad they're not in Smash already too. They are a perfect fit for it with a lot to pull from. I'd be very excited about it. ;)
Maybe if we can get a surprise Excitebike track in Mario Kart 8 we can get a surprise character too?

Ghirahim:
Chance: .5%.

WHO NOMINATED GHIRAHIM WITHOUT KENITH'S PERMISSION.
...ahem.

Anyway, there's nothing in his favour at all. He's now unpopular, irrelevant, a one time deal, and an Assist Trophy which worsens all of those things. I honestly contemplated giving this character a zero.

Want: 100%.

However, I'd like to hope that there's a chance Nintendo decides to care about a Zelda character that's not Link and Zelda because I would still love Ghirahim being in Smash.
In my honest opinion, considering how great he was, he absolutely should have been in the game to begin with. I'd put Ghirahim on the same pedestal as Dixie Kong and Takamaru in that regard.

---
Nominations:
Midna x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Excitebiker

Chance: 5%

Ghirahim

He's unfortunately already an Assist Trophy.

Ghirahim.png

Disclaimer: I do not share Ghirahim's feelings and I do respect Sakurai's decision like any rational human being would. He was, however, one of my most wanted characters before his Assist Trophy confirmation.

Predictions:

Isabelle - 2.4%

Stage from Newer Kirby Game - 5%

Nomination: NX Port x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Exitebiker
Chance: 7%
Want 3%

Ghirahim

Prediction
Isabelle 1.9%
Recent Kirby stage 4%

Nominate Baby Mario x5

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Excite Biker
Chance 30%
Want 50%

Girahim
Chance 3%
Want 3%

Predictions
Isabelle - 3%
Kirby Stage from Newer Game - 5%

Nominations
Serperior x 5

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Exitebiker chance 15%
he was planned in melee and he got a new model trophy in SSB4 also mario kart 8 DLC exitebike truck is helping his chances and make him alot popular but he isnt voted alot on the ballout

want 25%
i feel Mach rider would be more interesting when it comes to character moveset since he has gun but Exitebiker doesnt have alot of things that i can think of

Ghirahim chance 0%
he is assist trophy so nope

want 35%
i was one of Ghirahim supporters in the past but i kinda lost my interest on him after seeing him being confirmed as assist trophy, sorry Ghirahim :(

nomation:
Donkey kong jr. x2.5
Nester x2.5

D

Deleted member

HI Guys.
I decided to not participate yesterday because i was sick of rating FE characters (and the other concept didn't interesed me).
Well anyway:
Exitebiker:
Chance:4%
I don't think any "Retro" is going to make it thanks to the ballot, but it still has a minimal chance.

Want:30%
Balloon Fighter and Lip are my top Retro choices, but i would be okay with Exitebiker.
-------------------------
Ghirahim

Chance:0%
I believe characters that are Assist Trophies are screwed.

Want:60%
Which sucks, becuase Ghirahim, Takamaru and WALUIGI WAAAAA would have been awesome.
---------------------------
Predictions:
Bill's Dog Waifu Isabelle:1.45
Assist Trophy AND Mii costume? oh boy.

Stage from newer Kirby game:1.5
----------------------------
Nominations:

Tetris stage X10

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Excite Biker

Chance: 15%
True, been considered previously; got a track in MK8 DLC; and retro
But how much support is there in the ballot...?
Their assist trophy is gone, so all they have in the game now is a normal trophy, which is a power-up in Smash tour. I just feel that many retros don't have the crowd pull to get a lot of votes, and I don't know if Sakurai (or rather, if Ninendo will let Sakurai) skip over 20+ legitimate requested characters to put in another retro that may or may not sell well. If most of the people buying DLC are younger casuals who aren't super Nintendo fans, they're not going to recognize this guy.
Besides, like we said during Mach Rider's day, I find the concept of a character always on a bike difficult to work around. BJ works since his Klown Kart has a propellor so you can consider it jumping or whatever. And if they get rid of the bike outside of a Wario-esque special, then we've just got another Captain Falcon with some Wario moves.

Alas, poor Ghirahim...already an assist and a one-game wonder to boot. Doesn't look good in the slightest.
You know, before SSB4 came out, I was against him, since I was afraid he would take Ganondorf's place for some reason. He is insanely popular for a single-game character - there's a lot in common between him and Midna. Then Ganondorf was confirmed and Hyrule Warriors came out, and I completely changed my tune. I'd love to see Ghirahim playable since he's got an amazing characterization. Ganondorf is the big evil king who looks evil. Ghirahim is the character that just makes you uncomfortable in his creepiness, which is a great concept for another villain.
And then Hyrule Warriors happened and turned him and Zant into Ganondorf's minions and it spawned loads of hysterical fanart and worked so well.
Pity he got in as an assist, since that reduced what little ballot support he had.
I'd have loved to see both Midna and Ghirahim get into Smash to give support for the non-Triforce wielders, and seeing both in Hyrule Warriors was great enough. Pity...
I'll just leave with this great miiverse post I found a screenshot of

Isabelle Prediction: 4.9%
New Kirby Stage Prediction: 5.1%

Nom: Midna x5

Cap out

Excitebiker.
chance 5%
a retro with little support who already had issues.
Want 10%
not very exciting

Ghirahim
chance 0%
AT

Want 15%
I prefer midna. . . And tetra. . . And tingle. . . And ganon. Se where this is going?

Predictions
Isabelle 5%
New stage 25%

Noms
next smash has bew director 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Excitebike's Chance: 5%
Low ballot support is going to be what keeps him out. I can the this character making it in a later Smash Bros since Nintendo sure loves referencing the series.

Excitebike's Want: 10%
Is it wrong that my favorite thing about Excitebike is the little tune that plays when you boot up the game? Truth be told, this "character" never interested me. Knowing Sakurai, however, that he'd make it gimmicky enough to be super fun and be another one of those characters I strongly opposed only love playing as the most like Snake, Pac-Man and Villager.

----------

Ghirahim's Chance: 1%
He's stuck as an AT, and doesn't look like he'll be leaving that role.

Ghirahim Want: 0%
If Zelda gets another character. I rather it not him. I really don't see his appeal at all. Oh yeah, and minus points for being yet another sword user. At least he's a better choice than yet another Link.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Excitebiker
Chance:
1%

Survived from being an Assist Trophy, but has low demand and little ballot support.
Could be interesting.

Ghirahim
Chance:
0%

Assist Trophy
Want: 75%
Definitely!

Isabelle Prediction: 4.20%
To be fair, Nintendo is promoting her.
New Kirby Stage Prediction: 10.36%
Sakurai's bias for his own games will prevent this.

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
EXCITEBIKER:
CHANCE: 8%
The franchise has always been around despite supposedly being 'retro' as no one remembers anything but the NES game. And he was considered back in Melee, too. This sounds like a good prospect, but Excitebikers don't have a huge amount of ballot support. And I don't really think they would generate a large amount of hype, as they aren't as notoriously well known as Duck Hunt.

WANT: 75%
Excitebike was one one of the first games I played and it's still a fun game. I would certainly want this gem represented.​

GHIRAHIM:
CHANCE: 0%
Assist Trophy, which is a huge dampener for anyone's chances, be it a spandex wearing money grubber, a dark snarky princess or a fabulous tongue-wagging demon lord.

WANT: 25%
Only for Kenith. And his awesome quotes. I have no interest otherwise, having not played Skyward Sword.​

:231:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Excitebiker

Not a highly requested retro character, sure he was considered for Melee, but was ultimately cut due to the dev team's problems making him jump, thus ice Climbers got in...
Any retro pick for DLC is a long shot since most people playing nowadays wouldn't be too familiar and the thought of a motorcyclist may bewilder some people me thinks...

----

Want: 40%
Not too interested, but I can see some potential for a moveset using tricks flips and probably popping some wheelies, and picture a forward smash being an on the spot wheelie with his front wheel spinning for damage....or something i dunno...I'm not sure why they can't just make him do a bunny hop like for BMX, sure it's a motorcycle but the motions would be tha same, anyways I think they'd be better suited as an Assist (this time with a proper 3D model)

----

Speaking of Assists...this one is particularly FABULOUS!!!!!

Ghirahim

Chance: 5%
Another great character forced into the role of a secodary...Skyward Sword wasn't too popular amoung fans, it still did decently but ghirahim was liked even by those who didn't like the game. He's got some great potential for a moveset, as well as being another Zelda character that isn't part of the Triforce in some form...in addition to his role as an Assist he's got some competition with other Zelda characters; Impa, Tetra, Ganon as well as his fellow assists Midna:love:, Skull Kid, and Tingle...

----

Want: 75%
Not gonna lie he'd be pretty cool...at first I didn't really like him, mainly because I'm not really into the whole flamboyancy thing in some characters but I grew used to it and begun to see how colourful this guy rather was...The problem is, there is a certain other Zelda character that is currently an Assist that I would vastly prefer over him...........no it is NOT Tingle:glare:

----

Predictions:
Isabelle: 6.5%
Nintendo's new baby from animal crossing...

New Kirby stage: 13.4%
I don't know how likely this would be but if Bandana Dee makes it he may bring a stage with him...

----

Nominations:
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage x3
Concept: Tetris Stage x2

Troykv

Smash Master
Excetibiker:

Chance: 20%

His main problem is make his jumps don't look weird, the rest has some things in his side, like be a popular retro game.

Could be interesting.

Ghirahim: 1%

Assist Trophy. Nobody knows if is impossible (he doesn't a Stage Hazard that always appears).

I'm okay with him

Predictions:

Isabelle (This one could be a weird day): 4.1%
Kirby Stage from Newer games (aka: Post Sakurai): 10.2%

Nominations:

Rerate!Micaiah x5

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ghiratinahim

Assist Trophy, move on.

Want: Abstain

I've never touched a Zelda game.

Excitebiker:

The retro niche was probably already filled by Duck Hunt in this game, so I wouldn't expect another one.

Indifferent.

Predictions:

Isabelle: 5%
New Kirby stage: 6%

Nominate: Metroid Prime stage x5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Excite Biker:
Chance:5%
I really don't see another retro character coming in.
Want:40%
I really don't care for him in the slightest

Ghirahim:
Chance:0%
He's already an Assist Trophy.
Want:60%
He's not Vaati. :p

Top Bottom