• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Link and Marth couldn't be more different. I just have trouble picturing this guy being a good fit for the roster, even if he may or may not have potential, also, who would take him seriously? Even though Ness is considered incredibly powerful, and an awful matchup for me using my mains, I still can rarely take Ness seriously. I'm not sure how anyone could take Nabbit seriously, just sayin'.
That's not even an argument considering how we have a literal Fitness Trainer on the roster.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Nabbit AND Gallade
Chance and Want for Both:

Or Quadruple Zeroes

Nabbit is a stage hazard and I don't want him because, despite playing through both NSMBU and NSLU, he doesn't have anything that strikes as moveset potential.
Gallade is popular enough to have a Mega Evolution, but it lacks any sort of demand and is still far less popular than Gardevoir. I don't want it because it would be such a random choice.

Isaac Prediction: 34.56%
He might do better.
Iwata Tribute Prediction: 15.22%
I dunno.

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Nabbit's Chance: 1%
Being a stag hazard pretty much kills off Nabbit's chance of making it in. While there is the Toon Link/Dedede removal from the stages they appear in when someone plays as them, the difference is that those two are not interactive elements of the stage. Removing a character from the background of the stage doesn't affect gameplay at all. Removing Nabbit as a hazard does change the dynamics of the stage, so I see no reason for them to even attempt this. Also, Nabbit really doesn't have any support.

Nabbit's Want: 0%
No more Mario characters please.

----------

Gallade's Chance: 5%
Another generic Pokemon that is just one out of hundreds and a pretty forgettable one at that. I just don't see it having much support nor being one of the ones Game Freak wants to promote.

Gallade's Want: 0%
No more Pokemon characters please.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
So that's three characters added to Smash that one guy in the world can't take seriously.

You know what else I can't take seriously?

This argument.
Okay, DIddy used to be a mortal fear of mine until they nerfed him. Okay, Nabbit may have potential, but where's the backing? He may be the best potential candidate in the world, but that doesn't matter if he doesn't have a fanbase.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Okay, DIddy used to be a mortal fear of mine until they nerfed him. Okay, Nabbit may have potential, but where's the backing? He may be the best potential candidate in the world, but that doesn't matter if he doesn't have a fanbase.
As I said, rising star.
He doesn't have the legacy yet to be playable.
He doesn't have the appearances yet to be playable
He hasn't been fleshed-out enough yet to be playable.
But next game, when these things have happened through new spin-offs he appears in, he's a good pick.

His Stage Hazard-ness is probably the reason alone he won't be playable through DLC for this game.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
As I said, rising star.
He doesn't have the legacy yet to be playable.
He doesn't have the appearances yet to be playable
He hasn't been fleshed-out enough yet to be playable.
But next game, when these things have happened through new spin-offs he appears in, he's a good pick.

His Stage Hazard-ness is probably the reason alone he won't be playable through DLC for this game.
True. The whole stage-hazard thing is new to me, as I don't own a Wii U, I just have a 3DS. You never know, he could turn out to be the next Rosalina, appearing in three main series games, a buttload of spinoffs, and then in Smash. I'm sure, with Rosalina's inclusion in Galaxy, NO ONE saw her being in Smash, and here she is. Nabbit may very well turn out the same way, as Captain Kirk once said, "I like to believe there are always... possibilities."

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
True. The whole stage-hazard thing is new to me, as I don't own a Wii U, I just have a 3DS. You never know, he could turn out to be the next Rosalina, appearing in three main series games, a buttload of spinoffs, and then in Smash. I'm sure, with Rosalina's inclusion in Galaxy, NO ONE saw her being in Smash, and here she is. Nabbit may very well turn out the same way, as Captain Kirk once said, "I like to believe there are always... possibilities."
I wouldn't have seen the true possiblity weren't it for the fact he pops up in the new Mario & Sonic.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't have seen the true possiblity weren't it for the fact he pops up in the new Mario & Sonic.
Really? You learn something new every day. I don't pay attention to the Wii U directs, they really don't apply to me. Pretty much everything slated for Wii U release except for the new Star Fox is unknown to me. I'm saving my dough right now for the NX in a couple years.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Really? You learn something new every day. I don't pay attention to the Wii U directs, they really don't apply to me. Pretty much everything slated for Wii U release except for the new Star Fox is unknown to me. I'm saving my dough right now for the NX in a couple years.
Just so you know, Nabbit appears as a playable character in M&S.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nabbit chances: 1%

A recent rising star with potential who is sadly a stage hazard like a certain dragon. The fact that Nintendo had been involving him in plenty of spinoffs after his introduction in New Super Mario Bros U shows that they find so much to like about him like Rosalina. So better luck next time I guess?

Nabbit want: 60%

There are more than enough Mario characters that I support who would feel like better choices (Captain Toad and
Waaaaa being few of them), but I wouldn't mind that purple lagomorph being aright. @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever sold me on the idea just like @thethirdkoopa did, making me grow to like the idea of a playable their in the roster. Plus, he;s one of the more exciting newcomer reveals for that upcoming Mario & Sonic title (Or Zazz if he's truly his own character).

Gallade Chances and Want:

You know there's something wrong when we are at the point of rating more Pokemon with little merit in their status. At least the starter Pokemon make sense since they are promoted with each generation and aren't less than popular. Gallade is a popular Poekmon? Sure. But does he have the support to other material to warrant being playable? No. As far as I go for any Pokemon are starters or any other heavily promoted star, which Galalde doesn't fall into.

Isaac prediction: 60%

Iwata tribute prediction: 25%

Nominating:
Excitebiker x5

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Nabbit:

Chance - 0%

Realistically I don't think Nabbit has a chance. He's not yet popular enough to win a popularity ballot for DLC, plain and simple.

As for whether he might get in further down the line, who knows? He's a relatively new character so we're yet to see what will happen and whether he becomes more recurring like Rosalina. He has managed a spot in Mario and Sonic 2016 though.

Want - 0%. I don't hate the guy but I don't want him at all for ballot DLC. I don't find him massively interesting either.

Gallade - double zeroes for essentially the same reason except with potentially less of a future than Nabbit. Will always be playing second fiddle to Gardevoir.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Nabbit:
Chance:0%
Stage hazard, enough said.
Want:0%
There are plenty of more important Mario characters to be added before he is.

Gallade:
Chance:0%
Compitition is a big factor against him, that and his lack of importance and popularity. Really doesn't stand a chance against some of the bigger name Pokemon, such as Sceptile and Meowth, and they barely have any chance.

Want:20%
He'd be fun to play as, but I'd rather see more important Pokemon get in first.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Nabbit:
Chances: 0.01% (This percent is completely serious, no, really, it is) Nabbit's chances are very, very, VERY slim, he's a stage hazard, isn't requested at all, and even if someone is getting a promotion, a certain other Purple person would be far more likely.
Want: 2% Sorry, but there's far too many characters that are more interesting to me than Nabbit for me to really want him. He does though get a point for being a rabbit, and another for being purple, but that's about it.

Gallade:
Chances: 2% Doubt it, Gallade has way too much competition to stand a real chance. First he has to compete with the vets, then he has to compete with the other potential newcomers from Pokemon, and then, then he has to compete with the big names.
Want: 0%

Zero Soul used Spite!
It's super effective!

Predictions: Isaac: 60%
Iwata Tribute: 20%
Nominations: Jirachi x 5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Nabbit: DOUBLE ZEROES

Stage hazard, not really very popular, from a series with several choices that are more popular and don't have a defined role already. Sorry, not happening this game.

As for want, I don't like Nabbit very much, don't find him to be a very interesting choice for Smash, and don't want him over someone like Paper Mario or Captain Toad.

Gallade's chances: 0.5%

Another random 'mon that doesn't have much reason to get in.

Want: 0%

Like the 'mon, don't feel it should be in Smash though.

Isaac prediction: 64.58%
Iwata tribute prediction: 24.71%

Nominations: Excitebiker x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Nabbit
Chance: 0.2%
I'm sitting here trying to think of something I can say other than he has no chance due to being a stage hazard and not highly requested. I can't come up with anything. I'll give the bunny thief a small score of 0.2%.
Let's see if he becomes a mainstay in the Mario Universe...

Want: 5%
I think there are more deserving Mario characters that should have a shot first.

Gallade
Chance: 0.6%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the fourth generation Pokemon a score of 0.6%.
We've rated too many Pokemon...

Want: 0.3%
Abstain from explanation.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Nabbit
Chance: 0% - He still has an extremely long way to go before he's considered one of the more important Mario characters.
Want: 0% - Not a fan.

Gallade
Chance: 0% - Same score I gave Absol, Gengar, and Delphox. They're all kind of popular on their own but have very little support outside their own small cult followings. There have been Pokemon much more popular than these four who've already been reduced to secondary roles like Meowth, Zoroark and Blaziken. For this reason I'll only give a potential Pokemon rep a higher score than 0% if it's a huge deal.
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Nominations: Tag team stock mode x 5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
NABBIT
CHANCE: 0.76%
WANT: 11.71%

GALLADE
CHANCE: 2.41%
WANT: 19.67%
Congratulations everyone on reaching day 100!!!! I can't believe this thread managed to last this long. Please rerate Isaac and the concept of some sort of Iwata tribute. Also predict what the final DLC character list will look like and give any SSB5 predictions. Finally please predict what score Tiki and the concept of Moonstruck Blossom music will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Isaac
Original Chance: 70%

Rerate Chance: 75%
I believe Isaac's chances are a few notches better since the first time we've rated him. As Sakurai has said fan service will play into the DLC from now on and Isaac being close to one of the most requested characters in the ballot and fans wanting him to get the same promotion treatment that Little Mac got, I think he's very viable for getting in through the ballot.

Original want: 90%
Rerate want: 100%
There are 3 new characters I ultimately want - all in my sig, Inklings, Isaac and King K. Rool. I believe Golden Sun is well deserving to be celebrated in Super Smash Bros, and his inclusion will most likely inspire the hope for a potential Golden Sun 4. Isaac is close to my second most wanted newcomer, and I really want to see him in as DLC.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Isaaaaaac
Chance 60%: (divide by 2?)
One popular choice, and is said to be "possible due to AT removed". He isn't the only one, but who knows why they remove Isaac from the AT list. Either there's something good or bad hiding from the change, or we're just overthinking about his chances.

Want 26%: (divide by 2?) (Comes from my top 10 want data)
Have no love for Golden Sun here, but at least he doesn't look like a bad choice.

Something made from Iwata
Chance 30%: (divide by 2?)
With the already low remaining time/slots, using part of them just for mourning one's death doesn't sound like a good, money-making idea for me. Maybe some announcement made from that, but probably not DLC.

Want 0%: (divide by 2? makes no difference anyway)
Again, making money out of one's death doesn't sound good in any way.

I'm not sure how to plan those DLC characters anyway, since I don't care anything outside Star Fox (or outside Wolf being added).

Same for SSB5. May do these later.

Abstain for predictions

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Issac
Chance: 90%
I'ma admit it dude looks interesting is from a solo game, and has move set potential also he seems pretty memorable so the thumbs up from me
Want: 90%
A character from a game thats not represented? Hell Yeah, I'll join on the bag wagon
DLC Tribute:
I think everyone else who didn't get enough votes in the ballot is shown one way or another, via cameos, super rare trophies or a mode where you face AI of the failed ballot fighters and wouldn't it be hilarious if there was a gallery showing everyone who didn't make it in holding their heads in disapointment and in bright big gold letters it says YOU FAILED or TRY AGAIN, also if someone voted a confirmed character they get, something? I don't know maybe a special item that you get for free while others have to pay?
Also one for specifically Iwata, how about a gallery congratulating him for all he's done in life and a happy afterlife in death, maybe also a Trophy in his image?
DLC List:
Mario: Daisy
Legend of Zelda: Impa and/or Young Link
Wario: Jimmy T.
Punch Out: Glass Joe, Mr.Sandman
Metroid: Sylux and/or Rundas
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
Pokemon: Brendan or May [Pokemon Trainer] or Blaziken or Sceptile
Kirby: Bandanna Dee
Star Fox: Wolf and/or Krystal
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Namco: Nightmare and/or Talim and Jin or Kazuya
SEGA: Knuckles or Tails or Silver and NiGHTS or Bayonetta or AiAi
Smash 5 list:
Mario: Mario(duh), Luigi, Waluigi, Bowser, Peach, Daisy, Dr.Mario, Rosalina
Yoshi: Yoshi
Wario: Wario, Jimmy T. Kat and Ana
Legend of Zelda: Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Young Link, Ganondorf, Sheik
Donkey Kong: DK, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Punch-Out: Little Mac, Glass Joe
Metroid: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Sylux
Pokemon: Pikachu, Greninja, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle), Lucario, Sceptile or Blaziken, and Jigglypuff
Kirby: Kirby, King DeDeDe, Meta Knight, Bandanna Dee
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena, Hades
Fire Emblem: Chrom, Corrin, Ike, Roy, Marth, Robin
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Pikmin: Olimar
Star Fox: Fox, Falco, and Wolf
Xenoblade: Shulk, Dunban, X's protagonist
Wii Fit: Wii Fit Trainer
Animal Crossing: Villager and K.K. Slider
Capcom: Megaman and Bass
Namco: Pac-man, Talim or Nightmare
SEGA: Sonic, Shadow, NiGHTS or Bayonetta
Golden Sun: Issac
Nominations:
TalimX4(SoulCalibur)
Silver(Sonicseries)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Want 0%: (divide by 2? makes no difference anyway)
Again, making money out of one's death doesn't sound good in any way.
Ever heard of Free DLC? (Miiverse)

----

I'll bring this rating (DIRECT) to you! -those brackets are supposed to be hands btw-

a little something to set the mood

I've listened to this track quite a bit after hearing of Iwata's passing. It helped me cope as it made me realize that this simply marks the end of a journey, one that must be remembered and not forgotten with grief. Iwata has worked hard and dedicated himself to bringing people happiness and bringing us...'fun for everyone!'

Concept: Iwata Trophy/Tribute

Chance: 95%
There is enough reson for me to think that iwata may get some kind of tribute in his memory. Iwata had mentored Sakurai while he was developing the Kirby games, Iwata had also brought us the Earthbound and Mother series as well as working his ass of ensuring we get melee in time for the holidays. Just the relationship he and Sakurai had as well as Iwata being dubbed the 'second father of Smash' is enough for me to think that Sakurai will give us something as a token of appreciation. Thing is it doens't have to be anything drastic. I can be as simple as a trophy.
The only reason I can think of that Sakurai won't do something is if he has just too much on his plate currently and can't get around to it, and let's face we don't know for sure what he's currently up to...

----

Want: 100%
You know the saying it's the thought that counts? This applies here. Thing is Smash is basically a collection of Nintendo history with a bit of other stuff from other games sprinkled here and there. A celebration of sorts. Iwata is not only part of Nintendo history but he helped to mold it. He may not be a video game character per se, but given his importance to Nintendo as a whole I think it warrants as least something. It doesn't need to be as big as forcing character into the playable roster, but even just a single trophy is enough. I mean there is already a sea of Trophies and we already know that more are gonna be added as time goes by
I just think it's in good taste is all.

----

!Rerate: Isaac

Chance: 65%
Previous Chance Rating

Chance-70%
-Unlike yesterday's rated character, Isaac is indeed a Nintendo character. Has appeared as an assist trophy in Brawl and with a 'convenient' absence as an assist trophy in this game. Isaac's chances indeed are looking good for an appearance as a fighter in smash. The only thing that would stop him from becoming a newcomer would be the inclusion of several other characters and however many fighters we will get as dlc which we as of now have idea what is going to happen. Otherwise I do see a distinct possibility that we will get Isaac.
wow this thread was still a baby when we first rateed this guy. So far things are still looking bright for Isaac, with Sakurai seemingly focusing on 'fanservice' and Isaac pretty much having consistent support throughout there isn't much holding him back. I have some doubts about some characters, Wolf is pretty much the only character that I see no reason why he wouldn't be added. While Isaac here has had his series seem to fall out of relevance as well as his role within the series being turned over to his son Matthew (who may as well be Isaac)

----

Want: 30%
Previous Want Rating

Want-30%
I'm indifferent about the character myself. I'm not familiar with Isaac or the Golden Sun series outside of Smash. I'm not against his inclusion but I won't miss him if he's left out.
Not much has changed here. He'd be a cool fighter I'd suppose. I'd vastly prefer many others over Isaac as I never really got into teh Golden Sun games at all. Being another anime swordsmen shouldn't have anything to do with his character as I feel that is a stupid and close-minded point of view, I'm just not too worried about if Isaac makes it or not.

----

Predictions:
Tiki: 2.1%

Moonstruck Blossom: 4.3%

----

Roster Predicitons:
DLC Roster Predictions (assuming a max of 15 DLC Characters total):
*confirmed
-Mewtwo*
-Lucas*
-Roy*
-Ryu*
-Wolf
-King K Rool
-Isaac
-Inklings
-Bandana Dee
-Paper Mario
-Tails
-Impa
-Dixie Kong
-Krystal
-Banjo & Kazooie (call it a gut feeling)

Smash 5 Roster Predicitons:
-Characters unlisted below that are currently featured in Smash 4 will return
-Characters will reaquire their respective transformations (Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS)
Cuts (take with a grain of salt)
-Dark Pit
-Lucina
(Dr. Mario has pretty much made a name for himself in smash despite being a clone, but both Dark Pit and Lucina had pretty much stirred up a lot of controversy being almost exactly like their counterparts and Sakurai was made very aware of that, they may be relegated to alt status as that was their initial purpose, but they may also not get cut and receive updated movesets and promoted to semi-clones the same way Roy, Falco, and Ganondorf had)
-Ryu (I can see Megaman possibly returning but Ryu may be a one time thing for Smash 4's DLC)
-Mewtwo (for the same reasons he wasn't in 64, Brawl, and Smash 4's initial roster...Time may result in his absence yet again, but then again if Smash 4 had DLC why not smash 5?)

Returning Veterans
-Wolf (may miss the cut again due to time, but perhaps Sakurai will give him better priorty this time around?)
-Ice Climbers (stronger systems will not repeat history, Sakurai (or his successor) is very aware of how much they are missed)
-Pokemon Trainer (possible with new pokemon with Charizard being an established separate character, or the player can choose to play with transformations at the expense of their down B or to solo their chosen pokemon)

Newcomers
Better Chances Section:
-Inklings
-Waluigi
-Ridley (the fan's persistence will prevail!!!.........right?)
-Azura (I can see her getting in over Corrin)
-Elma
-Takamaru
-Tails
-Gen 7 Promoted Pokemon
-Bandana Dee
-King K Rool
-Chibi-Robo
-Dixie Kong
-Tetra
-Isaac
-Impa (borderline maybe)
-Mii Wizard
Maybe's Section:
-Anna (apparently she's a developer favourite for Fire Emblem, and she's had recurring roles, has versitility moveset wise which can be in her favour as well)
-Krystal
-Medusa
-Sceptile
-Samurai Goroh
-Sylux (we'll see how Prime 4 pans out, but could play a pivotal role in the metroid series afterwards as well)
Wishful Thinking Section:
-Toad (mayyybe?)
-Midna (pleeease?)
-Dark Samus (pretty pleeeease?)
-Ganon (would be awesome)
-Ashley (would be cool)

----

Nominaitons:
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage s3
Concept: Tetris Stage x2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isaac

Chance: 40%

I had previously given Isaac a 35% chance rating, but I'm giving him an extra 5% this time because of Sakurai's "fan service" statement. The maximum score I can give any highly requested first/second party newcomer candidate is 50%, but Isaac's apparently not popular among the Japanese Smash community.

Sure! He'd be awesome.

Iwata Tribute

Chance: 50%

This could go either way.

DLC Character Prediction

The only character I can guarantee at this point is Wolf since he's the only popular veteran without any technical or third party issues.

Smash 5 Roster Prediction

I abstain. It's difficult to predict the events that might occur between now and the start of Smash 5's development cycle. Capcom, Namco, or Sega could possibly end up in Konami's shoes in the future, thus preventing the return of Mega Man/Ryu, Pac-Man, or Sonic, respectively. Certain characters that are relevant now could fade into obscurity later.

Predictions:

Tiki - 5%

Moonstruck Blossom - 5%

Nomination: NX Port x5

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Isaac:
Chance: 85%
Isaac is one of the most popular choices out there and his AT was removed in this game.
Isaac is a guy with a sword that can manipulate the earth with his Venus Psynergy. In other words, he can ****ING USE DA GROUND TO ATTACK DEM FOOLS! HE CAN ALSO SUMMON DEMON SKULL THINGIES AND USE PLANTS! HOW COOL IS THAT!

Iwata Tribute:
Its Sakurai who knows. They've never really done this before.
What better way to give tribute to a great man than to put him in a game from a series he helped create. This should be a free update though. Not paid DLC. And it should be something small like a trophy.

Predictions:

I don't get how to do the last one but whatever.

The final DLC characters will be Wolf, King K. Rool, and Isaac.

Smash 5 Roster Predictions: (woo boy, getting into it this early)
:4mario:,:4luigi:,:4peach:, Captain Toad, :rosalina:,:4bowser:,:4bowserjr:
:4dk:,:4diddy:, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
:4yoshi:
:4wario2:
:4link:,:4zelda:,:4sheik:, Impa, :4ganondorf:, :4tlink:, Tingle (I can dream)
:4pikachu:,:4charizard:, Meowth,:4jigglypuff:,:4mewtwo:,:4lucario:, New Gen rep.
:4kirby:,:4dedede:,:4metaknight:, Bandana Dee
:4samus:,:4zss:, Ridley (I can dream), MAYBE Sylux or Dark Samus
:4fox:,:4falco:,:wolf:, Krystal
:4falcon:, Samurai Goroh
:4ness:,:4lucas:
:4marth:,:4feroy:,:4myfriends:,:4robinm:, New Fire Emblem game rep but I want it to be Chrom:crying:
:4pit:,:4palutena:, Maybe Medusa
:4olimar:
:4littlemac:
:4wiifit:
:4villager:
:4shulk:
Inkling
Isaac
:4gaw:,:popo:,:4rob:,:4duckhunt:, Excitebiker
:4miibrawl:,:4miisword:,:4miigun:
:4sonic:,:4megaman:,:4pacman:, MAYBE :4ryu:

Cuts:
:4drmario: demoted to Alt with different properties and moves
:4lucina: demoted to Alt with different properties
:4darkpit: demoted to Alt with different properties
:4greninja: I'm not sure about his return but he'll probably come back anyway.

Tiki: 15%
Moonstruck Blossom Music: 50%

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh 5x

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Iwata Tribute
Chance: Abstain
Iwata was the one who made Nintendo what it is today, and partly the reason why we're all here to this day. A free trophy that immortalises what he's done for Nintendo's history would be a very kind gesture to honour the man who helped to make this series possible.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Issac

Chance: 75%
Want: 70%

Iwata Tribute
Chance: 85%

Final DLC:
Wolf, King K Rool, Bandana Dee, Issac

Smash 5 Prediction:

Abstain... too chaotic

Predictions:
Tiki - 7%
Moonstruck Blossom - 35%

Nomination: Serperior x 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Issac

Chance - 45% - I already figured that the fan-service comment would be the case. To be honest, I don't see much of anything different about his situation, but I might have overrated him a tad due to not considering completion. Otherwise, everything still stands about my old rating.

Want - 75% - No connection with the series, but I see potential.

Iwata Tribute

Chance - 25% - While I can't say for certain how likely it is, for some reason I'm leaning towards no.

Want - 60% - While it's not exactly something I can be hyped about, it's still a nice tribute to a great man.

DLC Predictions: Wolf and Probably K. Rool are all that I'm confident in. I can't say for the rest.

I say it's still too early for the next game predictions.

Predictions

Tiki - 4.87% - Between Anna and Corrin, probably.

Moonstruck Blossom - 12.45% - Just a random guess.

Nominations
Stage from Newer Kirby Games X5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Isaac Rerate

From last time...
Isaac:

So I'll give this one a coin toss. May be a bit overreaching, but he seems to have a lot going for him, at least more so than most other characters. For one, he's a Nintendo character, so they don't need to deal with trying to get rights or anything like that. Second, he was in Brawl, and then mysteriously disappeared thereafter. He seems like a great candidate with a strong fanbase.
Notoriety may be a factor against him. He's only had 3 games, with a huge gap between the last two (then again...:4pit:). The latest game wasn't well received - reviews were OK, but it wasn't a huge smash hit. Smash could go a long way to bring the franchise back into the light. And if I'm not mistaken, he isn't really a one-region-wonder either.
Want: 50%
I don't really have any loyalty to the Golden Sun series, but I am not at all in the club of "Wah, too many swordzmenz!!!11 :(" Frankly, the one who brings a weapon to a fighting game is the one who's prepared. I'd not have a problem with it.
I'd much rather have older Isaac than younger.​
I still stand by this rating. 50/50.

Iwata Tribute

Let's face it - the man was a master. Be it something as small as a free trophy, I'd like to see something like that. Just because.
Both predictions: 2.9%

Nom: Tag-team mode x5

FUN NEW PREDICTIONS!!!

Final DLC list: Wolf, K.Rool, Isaac
It's a messy issue, and we're only guaranteed (?) two more characters. Wolf does still seem the most likely, while K.Rool and Isaac are leading newcomer polls. Snake is also a heavy hitter, but there may be 3rd party issues; the IC's have hardware issues, and Ridley has Sakurai issues. As to if any of those can be overcome...well, a guy can hope.
SSB5 predictions: ...wow, this is early, but I'll give it a go...
Mario series
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina: definite
:4bowserjr:(with Koopalings) uncertain, but likely if they're pushed as before
Newcomers: Waluigi, Daisy
Cuts: Dr. Mario returns to a Mario alt; customs allow for Dr. Tornado/megavitamin specials​
Mario-related series
:4yoshi::4wario2: definite​
DK series
:4dk::4diddy: definite
Newcomers: K.Rool OR Dixie (other probably DLC)​
Zelda series
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4tlink:definite
Possibly reintroduce transformation for :4sheik:, at least as custom
Possibly declone :4tlink:/:4ganondorf:
Metroid series
:4samus::4zss: definite, possible return of transformation
Newcomer: Ridley's probably finally going to make it​
Kirby series
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: definite
Newcomer: Bandanna Dee​
Star Fox series
:4fox: definite
:4falco::wolf: likely
no newcomers, possibly more decloning
Krystal possible DLC​
Pokémon series
:4pikachu::4lucario: definite
:4jigglypuff: :4charizard: :4mewtwo:likely
possible return of :pt: instead of solo Zard
Newcomer: Gardevoir, possible next-gen rep
Cut: Greninja​
Fire Emblem series
:4marth: definite
:4robinm::4myfriends: likely
:4feroy: uncertain
:4lucina: most likely returned to alt status
Newcomer: interesting female from newest game (looking like Azura right now)​
Kid Icarus series
:4pit::4palutena: definite
:4darkpit: returned to alt status
Newcomer: Medusa/Hades (whichever is more important in next game)​
Mother series
:4ness: likely
:4lucas: possible for DLC​
F-Zero series
:4falcon: definite
Unlikely to have other reps unless they do the Black Shadow/Ganondorf thing​
Pikmin series
:4olimar: with several characters as alts​
Animal Crossing series
:4villager: definite
Newcomer: Isabelle​
Retro
:4duckhunt::4rob: :popo:definite
:4littlemac:likely
Newcomer: Takamaru​
3rd party
:4sonic: definite
Others unlikely to return, most likely is Mega Man
Possible Tails/Knuckles as newcomer​
Other
:4shulk: likely
:4wiifit: possible
:4mii:definite
Newcomer: Inkling, Isaac
Speculation is way out there, but we're unlikely to see another Smash for about 7 years from now. Anything could change...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I won't both with the speculation stuff

Isaac:
Chance 50%
It could go either way, the thing he has going for him is fan support and not much else imo. Golden Sun is in a bit of a forgotten but not retro stage, I don't think we've ever really gotten a character from a series like that. Not to mention the most recent entry wasn't well received by fans apparently and didn't feature Isaac as the main character.
Want: 20%
I have absolutely no connection to this guy aside from his Brawl assist trophy. I'd probably get caught up in the hype if he did get in but pretty any new character creates hype. There are choices I would prefer

Iwata tribute
Chance: 20%
There are probably a lot of ethical issues regarding something like this. We've never had a real person in Smash at all, even a trophy. The most we've ever had is the credits.
Want: 99%
I don't anything big, at most just a trophy. I think a special "In memory of Satoru Iwata" added to credits I think would be most likely.

Predictions
Tiki: 3%
Moonstruck Blossom: 6%

Nominate Baby Mario x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Isaac
Chance- 58%
AT is no longer around, and he is highly requested in the US. His support has been pretty steady, which is why I'll give him a little more than last time. (I think? Pretty sure I gave a 55%…)
Want- 100%
Yes please. Have talked about him multiple times before, so I don't feel like going over anything again. But he would be awesome.

Iwata Tribute
Chance- 40%
I… don't know. But I'm thinking maybe not?
Want- 100%
Yes please. He's done a lot for the company and the industry as a whole. He's earned more than that much.

Final DLC Additions: Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac. I know, really boring. I'd say maybe Dixie, but the support for K. Rool is just so darn high, and I don't see us getting both. I'm betting we get around three, maybe four, more if we're lucky. I don't think we will get all three of those characters, but I can't think of anyone I'd technically say is more likely.

Smash 5 Predictions: Trying to do this without taking up the whole page….
Newcomers/Old Cuts: Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Inkling, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Impa, Isaac, New Xenoblade character, New FE character, Surprise Retro Rep, and… Sylux?
Cuts/Demotions: Ryu or Pac-Man, Dark Pit (demoted), Lucina (demoted)

Pretty optimistic, I think. Stupidly optimistic, maybe, but what can I say.

* Dr. Mario is not demoted as Sakurai seems to be against that for whatever reason.
* I find a new Wario character reasonable, but I'm not sure who it would be.
* Didn't put a new KI character, as I'm not sure we'll even see a new KI game by then. If we do, then it's more likely. Would probably be whoever the game's main villain was, if Hades, Medusa, or Viridi; if none of them were the primary antagonist, then a secondary ally.
* If Krystal was in Star Fox Zero, I'd add her. But… that doesn't look promising at the moment.
* I thoroughly expect some other cuts (a Pokemon could especially be at risk… even more so if we get a Gen 7 rep), but I don't know who it'd be. Roy or Bowser Jr. seem possible.
* Doesn't look like Ridley is happening as long as Sakurai is in charge, or is at least involved to some extent. Sylux is, of course, based on recent comments. Admittedly a bit of a stretch, but who know what we will see in the next few years. Predicting all of these is rather difficult.

I'm probably forgetting something embarrassingly obvious, but I'm sleepy. I might add some notes tomorrow if I think of anything.

Tiki Predictions- 2.25%
Moonstruck Blossom Predictions- 5%
Nominations:

Porky x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Isaac:

Chances: 60% Isaac is probably one of the most likely characters to pop up, he's got tons of support and is suspiciously absent from being represented in any way. On the other hand, Nintendo's all but abandoned him and his series.
Want: 10% I don't dislike him, but I'd rather get someone I actually wanted in the first place.

Iwata Tribute:
Chances: 30% I think it might happen, but it's just a hunch, with no real evidence.
Want: Abstain, for me it depends on how they tribute him. Some ways would feel disrespectful, but if they went for a respectful way I'd give 100%, I just don't want to see them go and do something that cheapens his death.

DLC Roster predictions: K.Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Bandana Dee. I really hope there's more but I doubt it.

I'll write my SSB5 Prediction in a bit

Predictions: Tiki: 7%
Moonstruck Blossom: 3%

Nominations: Jirachi x 5

Isaac
Chance: 65%
Want: 60%

Iwata tribute

DLC roster prediction: Wolf, King K. Rool, Isaac and Bandana Dee.

SSB5 prediction: Little too early to say, but I'm predicting that Inkling, newest FE protagonist, newest gen Pokemon and maybe Dixie Kong and Captain Toad are newcomers, Ice Climbers are brought back and Dark Pit, Lucina and maybe Dr. Mario are demoted to alts.

Tiki prediction: 3%
Moonstruck Blossom prediction: 5%

Nominations: Agumon 5x

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Isaac chances: 19.45%
I wasn't confident about Isaac's chances when we first rated him, and I'm still not confident about his chances today. The series for sure has a strong following especially considering both the original Golden Sun and Lost Age broke the 1 million sales mark, but I'm not sure whether the series has an influence comparable to most series represented in Smash, even the more "niche" ones like Pikmin, Mother or Xenoblade, and I don't have much faith in Nintendo considering it worthy of being one of their flagship series. The fact the series didn't get playable representation in Brawl when it was the closest to its peak at the release of a new Smash game and instead got an unlockable Assist Trophy is telling a lot imo.

The Smash Ballot definitely helps him though, considering his popularity as a Smash DLC pick is considerably above average, especially in Europe from what I've seen, though Japan seems to care a little less about him than the rest of the world from what I've understood (they still care about him, at least much more than Little Mac prior to his reveal, just not exactly as much as the rest of the world). The Virtual Console releases on Wii U also help him to get more exposure, so I suppose it's something.

Overall I don't expect Isaac, though I wouldn't be too surprised to be proven wrong. For my standards a chances score close to 20% is good for someone I wouldn't bet on.

Isaac want: 72%
I don't really expect Isaac, but that wouldn't mean I wouldn't want him. I remember I bandwagoned him prior to the ESRB leak because of "GBA rep" and "MUH MOVESET POTENTIAL", and I even bought the first Golden Sun on the GBA (didn't have a Wii U yet, so no GS virtual console for me at the time), but ever since I've changed my roster philosophy and I came to think that "GBA rep" is not really a good primary reason and I've accepted that just because a character has an overly massive arsenal filled with a huge number of different attacks that can easily be ported from the source material doesn't mean they need to be in Smash.

Did those philosophy changes completely killed my want for Isaac? Actually, no, I think Golden Sun is popular enough to warrant a playable character in Smash and it'd be sad to see a big fanbase of a two million seller series ignored in Smash. His moveset possibilities still manage to catch my interest, and overall I still want him to a certain degree. I would be happy to see him making it in, especially with a cool Venus Lighthouse stage with a big central platform, two elevators at each side which can act as additional platforms when they appear, and some occasional gravity changes.

-----

Iwata tribute chances and want: abstain
I have no idea of how likely this is, and I don't care much whether it happens or not. I suppose a "Thank you Satoru Iwata" mention in the credits would be nice, but I'm not sure whether a trophy would feel right.

-----

Final SSB4 DLCs predictions:
I'd consider Wolf as a lock, but besides that, not sure how to feel about this. Other DLCs I feel will be too hard to predict, and while I enjoy rating each character's individual chances, I don't feel like predicting the final DLC roster. My bet is on four currently unrevealed DLC characters, but whoever it is remains to be seen. Though I'd be disappointed if King K. Rool doesn't make it in.

SSB5 predictions:
I don't feel like speculating about SSB5. I don't know whether it will release, how Nintendo will evolve during this time, who will be the new director, and too much other unknown things, especially considering the fact the possibility of DLCs make cut speculation pretty much irrelevant (like, "[insert character here] won't be muh relevant anymore" "but they'll come back as DLC anyway"). The only thing I'd say is that Inkling is a lock if the next system is powerful enough to support a paint mechanic.

-----

Tiki prediction: 6.30%
I swear I'll be furious if we actually get a "muh relevant" Tiki over King K. Rool... oh wait wrong Tiki? Okay then... wait what that Tiki is YET ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER?!! Okay I'm done :drsad:

Moonstruck Blossom prediction: 2.35%
We've already gotten a DLC Kirby stage without this music, so unless we get another... it's not happening.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Eggman

Chance: 3%
He's got Tails to compete with.

Want: 90%
You know what they say... THE MORE THE MERRIER!
GET A LOAD OF THIS!
Yeah just include this song as DLC as well,

Isaac

Want: 30%

Iwata Tribute

DLC Roster prediction: Wolf, Krool, Isaac/Bandanna Dee, Sami.
Wolf and Krool need no explanation, Isaac and Bandanna Dee both have good chances, but I'm not sure about them, with Sami, I've said this before, but if they can't get Snake back, transfer some of his moves to her.

SSB5 predictions: Little early but, Inklings, Ridley?, some other Nintendo character that's popular and isn't DLC for Smash 4.

Predictions: Tiki 1%

Predictions: Moonstruck Blossom 10%

Nominations: PiousX5.

Top Bottom