• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Do so many really see the Smash Ballot as a short term thing? I've been thinking that once it closed, most--if not all--DLC characters from then on would be from it. However long they kept going, they would keep pulling characters from it.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Do so many really see the Smash Ballot as a short term thing? I've been thinking that once it closed, most--if not all--DLC characters from then on would be from it. However long they kept going, they would keep pulling characters from it.
Well, in my eyes at least, the numbers and time don't matter. Even if, say, we get even more ballot characters than pre-ballot that takes all of the rest of year to implement, so long as all the choices after the ballot closes came from ballot popularity it would still be confirmed.

Still, many are currently pessimistic, not thinking we'll get more than two thanks to the two remaining "Marios". To be honest, I would not be surprised if many characters that were popular yet weren't implemented were saved for the next (inevitable) game, as a measure of popularity. They can't implement them all, or else they'll start to lose future newcomers.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Mother 3 stage's chances: 10%

The perfect time to add a new stage has passed, so the main hope for this is for New Pork City to return, which I'm doubtful about.

Want: 25%

I didn't like New Pork City, and don't know enough about the Mother series to really want a new stage.

No more DLC after ballot chances: ABSTAIN
Want: 50%

On one hand yeah, more content is nice, but on the other DLC needs to end eventually anyway, and I actually don't want them to do too many more characters. Save some for a later game.

Nabbit prediction: 1.47%
Gallade prediction: 1.47%

Nominations: Iwata tribute/trophy x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
So I'm thinking of doing something special for day 100. How about we all predict the final list of DLC newcomers and we predict what SSB5's roster will be. After that we continue as normal. Anyone like the idea?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I'm thinking of doing something special for day 100. How about we all predict the final list of DLC newcomers and we predict what SSB5's roster will be. After that we continue as normal. Anyone like the idea?
I think it's a better idea to do one or the other, since I still think that Sma5h speculation is way too early. That being said, a final newcomers list would be fitting.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I think it's a better idea to do one or the other, since I still think that Sma5h speculation is way too early. That being said, a final newcomers list would be fitting.
Though at the same time, I wonder if posting newcomer predictions will only lead to more of the crossfire we've seen on past days...

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Believe me I know it's too early for SSB5 predictions but at the same time that's what makes it fun, it would be less predictable and we'd get more diverse answers.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Though at the same time, I wonder if posting newcomer predictions will only lead to more of the crossfire we've seen on past days...
It's a subjective opinion and one that has no bearing on DLC anyway. Unless you post something really ridiculous, nobody's going to criticize your roster unless they have a severe bias.

Believe me I know it's too early for SSB5 predictions but at the same time that's what makes it fun, it would be less predictable and we'd get more diverse answers.
Wouldn't stop any possible flaming, that's for sure. And then, of course, ridiculous suggestions will likely happen and that's no fun either.

I'm just speaking my mind, that and I think that both concepts together would be a lot for one day. But as you see fit, I ain't the one to judge.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
You know what, on second thought I'll hold off on a gimmick day for now because I suddenly just realized that the two subjects at the top of the nominations list are perfect for day 100: Isaac rerate and Iwata Tribute. We'll do a prediction day some other time.

Mother 3 Stage
Chance: 5% - I think it maybe a little too late for this.

No DLC after ballot
Chance: 90%

Nominations: Tag-team mode x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Mother 3 Stage
Chance: 5%
All of Mother's new and old songs were put in Onett, including M3's songs. I don't see it.

Want: 13%
I'd buy it, but it's far from my most wanted stage.

No DLC After the Ballot
Chance: 75%
Sakurai is EXHAUSTED. He almost certainly wants to finish what he started and take some time off, and you really can't blame the guy. MAYBE he'll do another clone veteren after the ballot, MAYBE he'll do a new mode (doubtful), but I think he's done after the ballot ends.

Want: 60%
Of course I want new content. Everybody does. But Sakurai is wearing himself too thin. He needs to call it quits soon.

Nabbit prediction: 1.20%
Gallade prediction: 1.20%

Ultimate Ghost x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
MOTHER 3 STAGE
CHANCE: 13.06%
WANT: 45.93%

NO DLC AFTER BALLOT
CHANCE: 78.82%
WANT: 37.22%
Next up we're rating Nabbit and Gallade. Also please predict what score Isaac and the concept of an Iwata Tribute will get tomorrow.

@ -crump- -crump- I counted your rating

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife cuz Nabbit be nabbin everything up in here.

Chance/Want: Double zeroes.

Stage hazard. A damn annoying one. Also has nothing to compete with Captain Toad and Daisy, for starters. Even I don't want a Mario newcomer and I would still pick Waluigi over this thing.

Gallade:

Chance: 4%

Again, it's not being bandwagoned for, and most will probably see it as a random choice.

Want: 20%

Meh.

Predictions:

Isaac: 85%
Iwata Tribute: 67%

Nominate: Metroid Prime stage x5

D

Deleted member

Nabbit

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

He's already a stage hazard and I want him to retain his role.

Gallade

Chance: 1%

One of hundreds of Pokemon to choose from.

Want: Abstain

Predictions:

Issac - 84.6%

Iwata Tribute - 50%

Nomination: NX Port x10

D

Deleted member

Nabbit:1%
Yep. We just ran out of Mario characters to rate.

Want:0%
Here's a list of characters that i would prefer over Nabbit:
-Waluigi
-Paper Mario
-Captain Toad (or just Toad)
-HAY-IM DAYZEE
-****ing Geno.
So yeah, i don't want this guy (and i prefer Ravio)
------------------------
Gallade:1%

I don't think i need to talk about his chances, really.

Want:3%
I kinda like Gallade (yes im calling him a he because Gallade's are male exclusive) but im burnout with pokemon characters.
------------------------
Predictions:
Iwata tribue: Abstain.

Isaac:79.99%
OH MY I'M GOING TO RATE ONE OF MAH MOST WANTED CHARACTERS OFMG.
------------------------
Noms: Tetris stage X5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nabbit The Grabbit Rabbit!(aka Not Ravio)

Chance: 0.5%
In the same vein as Assist Trophies and Boss Characters being a stage hazard greatly hurts his chances. Not to mention he doesn't really have a lot of support to begin with. He is a recurring character in various Mario games but has the likes of other more popular Mario characters to content with such as Paper Mario, Daisy, and his fellow NPC WAAAAAAAA!

----

Want: 5%
I guess he could be kinda cool?....I dunno, he seems fine to me as he is, even though he is fairly annoying to deal with...

----

Gallade (aka not Gardevoir)

The sword weilding male counterpart to the also can be male gardevoir. He doesn't have the same limitations as Gardevoir, at least when it comes to their role in game so that doens't include whether or not we'll get another Pokemon or the fact that if we do he's got 700+ to compete with, about 50+ are actually viable competition for Gallade as well, top that off with teh fact that he's got not a lot of support especially compared to other pokemon.

----

A sword weilder with psychic abilities could be cool, though I would much prefer his NPC counterpart as she is one of my favourite Psychic types. Gallade is just 'ok' to me...

----

Prediction:
!Rerate: Isaac: 65.4%

Concept: Iwata Trophy Tribute: 92.3%

Are we actually rating some plausible characters/concepts for once?

----

Nominations:
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage x3
Concept: Iwata Trophy/Tribute Mission Accomplished!
Concept: Tetris Stage x2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Nabbit

Chance - 0% - A stage hazzard with no notable support. Not happening.

Want - 25% - Kinda like the little theif, but there are better characters out there.

Gallade

Chance - 0.02% - I'd expect Gardevoir first, if she wasn't already a pokeball. Still, allot of more prominent competition among the characters.

Want - 20% - Meh. Not my favorite in either psychic or fighting types, and to be honest I'm more of a bug-type fan. Would rather wait for the next game to see what enters the playing field.

Predictions

Isaac - 52.35% - Just some natural fluctuation.

Iwata Tribute - 34.67% - No freaking clue. Pulls the ol' heart-strings, though.

Nominations
Stage from newer Kirby Games X5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Nabbit

Want: 0%
Seriously? This thing? I thought it was a generic creature that they promoted for Super Luigi U since Mario had to be gone, and that was it. Never thought it would become a major player in the Marioverse. Still, it has very little support. Not to mention that it's a stage hazard (an extremely irritating one at that) - not that that means it's impossible, but it does mean that the little support it had was eroded.

Besides, before Daisy? Before Waluigi? No thanks.
Gallade

I guess the design is cool enough, but he'll always live in the shadow of Gardevoir (and if people want a playable gen 3, and another female, and another fan-favorite, and pretty much every argument people make, she is a great choice...). Gallade, on the other hand, is nothing special after her. And if I wanted a dual wielder, you can't get more awesome than Scyther.
Isaac prediction: 55.9%
Iwata tribute prediction: 50.0%

Nom: Score! Thanks!
Tag-team mode x5
Also, I'm interested to see the ideas on the next wave of Mii costumes x5​

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Nabbit:
Chance: 3%

Nabbit has next to no chance as a Mario newcomer unless he somehow appears in a new main series Mario game. Captain Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, and Paper Mario are hogging the spotlight for a Mario newcomer anyway.
I don't like the idea of random Mario unimportant Mario characters being added in Smash.

Gallade:
Chance: 3%

Gallade isn't really that important in any way in the Pokemon series.
Want: 3%
I like Gallade but I don't want him in Smash. I would prefer Gardevoir as a playable character over Gallade in Smash.

Predictions:
Iwata Tribute: 50%
Isaac: 85%

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh 5x

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Gallade

Chance: 7%

I will admit this rating might be a little too optimistic on my part (due to my favoritism getting the best of me), but I already know Gallade’s situation when it comes to Smash Bros. He doesn’t have a very good chance. For starters, his ballot support is quite low compared to a Pokemon like Sceptile, a much more requested for Smash Bros than he is. Like other Pokemon we rated in the past, Gallade suffers from having an immense competition with a ton of other Pokemon that also have moveset potential and can be just as popular as it.

On the subject of popularity, Gardevoir, his female counterpart, is more popular and iconic than Gallade, so it seems like Gardevoir has the better chance. However, there is one issue: Gardevoir is already a Poke Ball summon. That said, I think you can already tell which of the two has the better chance of having a roster inclusion through DLC (of course, when it comes to Smash 5, Gardevoir has the advantage). There is also the argument that Pokemon is already well-represented with 6 reps, but truth be told, Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest and most successful franchises, so Pokemon is one of those series that could go for one more Pokemon rep.

Despite the odds going against Gallade's favor, he still has a few things going for him aside from being a decently popular Pokemon (though admittedly nowhere as popular and iconic as Charizard and Lucario are). For starters, he has the relevancy going for him. He received a Mega Evolution in the recently released Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. He also found his way into the updated the Hoenn Dex, and he is even the signature Pokemon of one of the games' rivals. Pokemon could also use another another rep to balance out the amount of Kanto-based Pokemon with the post generation 1 Pokemon, and Gallade could fill that role when considering that. He would also have some unique moveset potential that would make him stand out from the other sword fighters on the Smash roster (I'll provide a more entertaining detail about that when I discuss my want rating).

Of course, even with these advantages going for Gallade, it is still important to consider that his chances are not the strongest. Pokken Tournament DLC, on the other hand, is where he has the better chance.

Want: 100%

With a relatively detailed explanation about his chances, as well as the fact my username is Gallade's Japanese name, you should have seen this coming. Gallade is one of my top 3 most wanted newcomers for Super Smash Bros 4 DLC. Why? Simply put, Gallade is my favorite Pokemon of all time, even becoming one of my favorite characters from all Nintendo franchises. To me, he is an awesome Pokemon in every possible way: design, stats, usage, you name it. He really has a fitting design for Smash Bros. I mean, he's essentially the cross between a gladiator and a chivalric knight with the ability to grow swords on his elbows. In a way, I see Gallade is the first true sword fighter Pokemon introduced. In addition, who wouldn't want to see one of the coolest looking Mega Evolution designs in Smash Bros?

And now to bring up some additional points that further highlight my interest in Gallade in Smash Bros (perhaps these points could potentially increase your interest with Gallade as well).

1) He is no ordinary swordsman!

Some will argue that Gallade is a generic swordsman. That isn't true at all. To quote Robin from his awesome reveal trailer, Gallade is "no ordinary swordsman." None of the swordsmen in Smash Bros are capable of growing blades from their elbows. They also do not have the ability to yield two swords at once, and most of them are very limited with their physical attacks. Gallade, on the other hand, definitely has the potential to be a unique fighter. He can grow blades from his elbows, dual-yield using both of them, and can use a lot of punching (as well as some kicking) to demonstrate his Fighting-type. He can also use teleportation to demonstrate his Psychic-type. Altogether, Gallade would definitely be a very interesting sword fighter thanks to his typing, so he's definitely "no ordinary swordsman" amongst the Smash Swordsmen.

2) He could be a more unique Psychic and Fighting type Pokemon than you'd expect.

Fans will argue we already have a Psychic type and a Fighting type on the roster through Mewtwo and Lucario respectively. That's very true, and I can understand why fans would prefer seeing type diversity in the roster. However, Gallade would play a lot different from the average Psychic and Fighting types considering he wouldn't attack with balls of energy/energy beams or deliver punching and kicking on a regular basis, focusing more on sword based attacks.

3) He's got some pretty neat moveset potential.

Gallade has a diverse move pool to choose from when it comes to creating a moveset. He can learn all the sword-based attacks in Pokemon such as Slash, Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, X-Scissor, False Swipe, Fury Cutter, Swords Dance, Aerial Ace etc (and his blades changing types is another trait that other Smash Swordsmen don't have. Yes, there's Shulk and his Monado Arts, but in the end, Shulk's still remain an energy sword while Gallade's blades can change into blades of grass, dark energy, psychic energy, and so on). He also has access to a wide array of other physical attacking moves such as all the elemental punches, Knock Off, Dual Chop, Close Combat, Brick Break, Stone Edge, Low Kick, etc. Of course, throw in some teleportation and psychic powers (particularly levitating opponents aspect, not the ability to shoot energy balls/beams), and you can see Gallade has some interesting moveset potential.

To highlight this further, I've created a potential moveset for Gallade over at the Pokemon DLC ideas thread. This moveset idea particularly highlights Gallade's sword fighting ability with his ability to using a wide range of physical attacks with a dash of psychic powers to show what kind of unique potential he has.

4) He represents the third generation, a generation yet to be represented on the Smash roster, to a certain degree.

Yes, this is a strange point for many, but it is really opinion-based on my part. I should briefly explain.

Lucario is already the 4th generation Pokemon rep on the Smash roster, and Gallade also comes from generation 4. For many, Lucario should be the only 4th generation rep that's it. I understand that, but to me, Gallade feels like he has a strong connection to generation 3 because he comes from a famous Hoenn-based evolution line. When I look at him, he even looks like he would perfectly blend in with the Hoenn Pokedex. Heck, he was actually added to that Pokedex in the recent Ruby/Sapphire remakes, so as of now, he feels a lot more like a generation 3 Pokemon than in the past.

5) He has an epic theme!

Well, technically this isn't Gallade's theme; it's really Wally's, one of the rivals in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and its remakes who is one of the most notable Gallade trainers in the Pokemon games. Many of you might remember Wally as being a sickly trainer who wasn't a very prominent rival in the games. However, with the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, that all changed. His battle at Victory Road proves how much better of a trainer he is with this amazing theme that plays during it. Here, have a listen:

Pretty awesome, isn't it? To me, it really captures Wally's growth as a Pokemon trainer. His signature Pokemon changing from Gardevoir to Gallade between the original and remakes was also quite cool considering Gallade further highlights his growth as a trainer. I don't want to analyze this too much, but I think you can understand where I'm going with this, especially if you played the games.

I provided this background to show that there is one prominent trainer in the games that uses Gallade, but why else would I share this theme for all you? Simply put, I think this theme fits Gallade really well. In Smash Bros, I think this could make for some awesome DLC Pokemon music with his inclusion (assuming we get another Pokemon stage through DLC), or maybe a sample of this theme could play for Gallade's victory theme instead of the normal victory theme the other Pokemon have.

In a similar light to how the Smash Bros Lucario is heavily hinted to be the Lucario from the 8th Pokemon movie, perhaps the Gallade in Smash Bros could be heavily hinted to be Wally's Gallade through ideas such as Gallade holding Wally's Mega Pendant for a taunt/victory animation, a cinematic Final Smash where the attack takes place in that same flower field from Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, a sample of Wally's battle theme playing for Gallade's victory medley, Gallade's reveal trailer showing Wally ordering his Gallade to surprise the fighters, etc. Can you imagine how interesting that would be? Ah well, one can only dream.

And with all of that said, it is time to move on to the next character!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nabbit

Chance: 2%

Nabbit has become somewhat of a rising star since hid debut in New Super Mario Bros U, mainly due to the fact he is playable in three Mario games right now (New Super Luigi U, Mario Golf: World Tour, and very soon Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games). Despite becoming a newer, recognizable face in the Mario world and having some sort of interesting potential (perhaps using his bag to grab opponents similar to the Villager’s net), Nabbit has minimal Smash Ballot support, and he already appears as the main stage hazard on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage.

While they could remove Nabbit in the situation he become a playable character for that match similar to the Toon Link treatment on the Spirit Train stage, Toon Link on that stage is more of an aesthetic detail, not a stage so that sort of removal makes since it doesn’t affect the stage too much. Here, removing Nabbit from Mushroom Kingdom U means removing an important aspect to the stage since it’s the main stage hazard; thus, Nabbit’s inclusion doesn’t seem all too likely at this point.

Want: 1%

There are other Mario characters I’d much rather see in Smash Bros over Nabbit at this point.

Predictions:

I'm going to abstain from predictions.

Nominations:

Jin Kazama (Tekken): x5

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Tonight, we rate a fighter and a thief. I'd ask where the mage was, but we already covered her a few days ago!

--

Nabbit

Chance: 0.5%
Ouch. Nabbit's already a meh character among Mario fans, brought up sometimes as a joke suggestion for Smash as a way to annoy fans of more popular ones. Though it's not as if Nabbit doesn't have his own following, it pales in comparison to a lot of others and hasn't made any waves in ballot support.

There's also the whole thing about him already being a stage element. In order to be playable now, they'd have to either write him out of Mushroom Kingdom U or try to look the other way as both playable and non-playable versions are running around at the same time. There're even some questions regarding his moveset potential, considering all we've seen him do is run, jump, steal things, and swing a golf club in a spinoff game!

Nabbit has a tough going as is. When there's already less desire for Mario characters, though? Especially when he doesn't measure up to the likes of Paper Mario or Captain Toad?

Want: 15%
I don't think it's his time. Nabbit is pretty bare bones so far. If he has potential, let's wait and see how his character gets fleshed out or what other abilities they give him.

Gallade

Chance: 2.5%
The other side of the Ralts line, Gallade had a blip of relevance in ORAS from gaining a Mega Evolution and from a major character having one as a key member of his party. As with many Pokémon, Gallade has some intriguing potential (let's see who gets that reference) as well as a decent following. And unlike his much more popular counterpart, he isn't already a summon.

Here's the thing, though: none of that is translating into support for Smash. You see, I do some searching around for candidates I don't have much reference for. I've found some interesting stuff before, and I even came across some fringe Delphox support over the past couple months! Gallade for Smash 4 DLC, though? There's nothing there.

With no noticeable support whatsoever, no lasting prominence throughout the Pokémon series, no important status like the starters or legendaries, and no apparent reason for the developers to notice, Gallade is fighting a losing battle.

Maybe he'll eventually get into Pokkén, though?

Want: 30%
I'm a fan of Gallade in the Pokémon games themselves, and I'd be mildly interested in seeing the knight 'mon enter the realm of Smash. But compared to all these other characters? He doesn't measure up.

Isaac Rerate Prediction: 61.50%
News of future DLC focusing on "fan service" will bring an already high rating even higher.

Prediction for the Concept of a Tribute to Satoru Iwata: 28.25%
Another shot in the dark. The man deserves to be recognized, but is Smash the right place for it?

Nominations:
I'm gonna hold these bonus ones for later, as well.

Tiki x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Nabbit chances: 0.7%
Nabbit is arguably a new rising star of the Mario franchise, which is not to be neglected. However, he's only really relevant to one 2D Mario platformer (two if you count the Luigi extension), a game which wasn't as ambitious as a 3D game like Mario Galaxy to be honest. Besides, he's an interactive stage element, though at the same time it could mean Sakurai could take some reused assets from this appearance for a playable Nabbit. Also, I'd expect Captain Toad before Nabbit.

Nabbit want: 6%
I could see Nabbit as playable in SSB5 because I think he has potential to become a somewhat important recurring character and has gained some momentum to eventually become one, but as of now I'm not convinced about him being Smash material. One appearance in a New Super Mario Bros. game (not counting a few spin-offs) is not enough to fully convince me. If I want another Mario character, I'd much rather have Captain Toad who at least managed to convince me about him being Smash material.

-----

Gallade chances: 0.08%
Why would they choose this Pokémon of all things? I don't think there's any incentive to choose Gallade in particular.

Gallade want: 0%
This isn't Pokkén.

-----

Isaac prediction: 59.88%
I honestly don't think he warrants a "more likely than not" rating but knowing this board, I have no faith in seeing his chances decrease.

Iwata tribute prediction: 25%
I have no idea.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Nabbit Chance: 1.45%
Nabbit already has an active role as a stage boss, so I don't think he'll be considered for Smash 4 anytime soon.

Want: 7%
I think Nabbit's fine as he is for now. Maybe in the future when they explore him in both personality and fighting potential in more Mario games, I think Nabbit's playable future is a long ways off.

Gallade chance and want:
2%
It's better off in Pokkén Tournament.

Isaac prediction: 84.21

Nominations: Ghirahim X5

Nabbit
Chance and Want: 0% (Being a stage hazard kills his chances, and I prefer other Mario characters over him.)

Gallade
Chance: 2%

Isaac prediction: 67%
Iwata tribute prediction: 26%

Nominations: Agumon 5x

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Nabbit chances 0%
he is stage hazard
want 0%
Boooooooooring idea

Gallade chanes %1
uhh... he is a pokemon so... i give him 1%
want 0%
meh... just another random pokemon

nomination
Nester x2.5
Donkey kong jr. x2.5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Nabbit
Chance: 0%

Stage hazard. Not got the ballot support for Sm4sh. Sorry Nabbit.

He's no Captain Toad, but I can see Nabbit becoming a darkhorse ensemble character in future in a similar vein to Waluigi; disliked at first, but soon becomes quite charming. Also they're both purple, but that's a side comparison.

Overall I kinda like Nabbit, I just don't want him in before we get a playable Toad be it Captain or a more traditional waistcoat version. Maybe if he appears as an antagonist or rival in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 2 (should such a game happen).

Gallade
The less popular Ralts evolution. Seriously; Gardevoir would get chosen before this guy being far more popular and even securing a place in Pokken over him, despite Gallade appearing to be far more suited for a fighting game. Almost guaranteed to not have ballot support.

I like Gallade fine as a Pokemon(Psychic and Fighting? My two favourite types!) but there's little reason for him to be included in Smash. He's not the most popular Pokemon, he has little anime relevance, and his counterpart is far more popular than he is.

Honestly I'd rather have Meowth for a Pokemon rep, and arguably Scyther is a more popular Pokemon 'swordsman' than Gallade is.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Mario's next Rosalina:

I don't actually believe just yet that he's the next Rosa (probably because we're not at the throat-shoving part yet), but Nabbit is the new rising star of the Marioverse.
With first appearing in New Super Mario Bros. U as a Minigame, h
e managed to nab a slot in Mario World Tour and The Rio Olympics, despite only appearing four times.
He was also the fourth playable character in New Super Luigi U.

If he keeps this momentum, an upgrade to a Playable Character in a Super Mario 3D World-esque game.

For the rep-thinkers under us, while Bowser Jr. also appears in the NSMB series, he has made multiple appearances outside of it, leaving the muh repslot wide open for Nabbit.

Heck, even Sakurai thought of Nabbit when he thought of enemies that appear in that game.
With a game full of characters, this is no small feat
Even his Eagle-animation in Mario Golf: World Tour has him traversing a Mario-level in NSMBU-style.
A style none of the characters use.p

The downside to all if this:
It isn't happening yet.
At face-value, he's just a random brat that appears in NSMB29 once and appears in a golf spin-off.

But I believe it's just the beginning.
The rising star is too low now to be in Smash, but he'll gain enough height for the next one.

Ah well, at least Rio will tell what kind of "Spin-Off Special Powers" he gets.

And being a Stage Hazard doesn't help,
And being a dark-to-invisible horse with "fanservice" being the norm.

Not yet.

Want: YES! (100%)
On top of becoming Arcadenik levels of smash prophet, I also believe Nabbit has a lot of moveset potential.

As the thief, Nabbit would be very fast, but like in his debut, it's game over when somebody even touches him.
Luckily, he can use hit-and-run tactics or go all around the opponent, tipping blindspots.

But that's not all.
To raise his evasiveness, he gets covered in dustclouds when he rolls or dodges.
He also has a special where he lays down an entire smoke trails.

He's mostly known for stealing though and that's where he truly shines.
He can steal projectiles to gain Super Armor (a nice throwback to his playable role in NSLU), as well as kidnapping entire opponents, that have to feel the Forward Smashes from the sacks perspective!

On top of that, he can also steal status-effects and charges like the Monando's Power and DK's Giant Punch.

Or he just steals regular items, when you play with them on.

I'd be very content with any Mario character, actually.
Captain Toad, Waluigi, Daisy, Paper Mario, Midbus, King Boo, Mallow, all'd create hype for me.

Except Geno, Boooooooooring idea.

Gallade
Being overshadowed is bad
Being overshadowed by your own evolution-counterpart is even worse.

Gallade has both.

Want: 60%
This would actually bring a brute combo-playstyle.
Blade into claw into knee into
crotch chop WAAAAAA elbow spike meteor.

Maybe one part of the body can be very strong and you can combo into that move or something.

Lana (HW) x5 (I have like nothing else to do)

Iwata Tribute: 17.7%
Isaac: 46.7%

D

Deleted member

Nabbit

Chances : 1%

Want : 10%

Stage hazard with not great moveset potential.

Gallade

Chances : 14%

Want : 100%

Isaac 24.34
Satoru Iwata Trophy 56.78

Galacta Knight x5

Last edited by a moderator:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Nabbit:
Chance - 5%
Want - 5%

Gallade:
Chance - 5%
Want - 5%

Prediction
Iwata Tribute - 75%
Issac - 70%

Nominations
Serperior x 5

We got to the iwata tribute fast didnt we?

Gallade
chance 0%
just another pokemon. Not as popular as gardevoir

Want 75%
one of my favorite pokemon.

Nabbit
chance 0%
predefined role

Want 10%
More interesting than daisy and geno at least

Presiction
isaac 68%
Iwata tribute 50%

Noms
next smash has new director 5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Nabbit
Chance 0%
Want 7%
Nabbit is quirky character I'd like to see in more Mario games but he should wait a while before Smash. Also there are other characters....

EDIT: Damn, this didn't post properly?

..... I would like to see from Mario

Gallade
Chance 0.2%
Want: 2%

Predictions
Iwata tribute 34%
Isaac 73%

Nominate Baby Mario x5

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Nabbit

Chance and Want: Dual Zeroes
Gallade
Chance: 10%
Lucario already got Sinnoh and Talim has a better chance with the shoulder blade moveset
Want: 2%
Nominations:
Talim X4(SoulCalibur)
Silver(Sonic series)
Just for the record I don't think my last nomination was counted

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Nabbit
Chance- 0%
Stage hazard that has little reason to be a playable character.
Want- 5%
Don't hate him, but I don't see why this should happen. Mario already has a lot of characters, and I'd much rather see Toad/Captain Toad or even Waluigi.

Gallade
Chance- 0.5%
Why would Gallade be the next choice for a Pokemon rep that probably isn't happening?
Want- 5%
Don't hate him, but I don't see why this should happen. Pokemon already has a lot of characters, and I'd much rather see Squirtle/Ivysaur or even Meowth.

Isaac Predictions- 59%
Not really sure why this would go up, but a lot of others sure seems to think so… I'd just assume he not come back up to vote, as I was already happy with his spot.
Iwata Tribute- 52%
Nominations:

Porky x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Nabbit: 0.1%

Sorry Nabbit, but you has the exact same problem that Ridley.

Want: Abstain

Meh.

Gallade:

Like every pokémon, he has A LOT competition.

I like this Pokémon, but I don't really care too much about him as a possible playable character.

Predictions:

Rerate!Isaac: 50% (Good chance, personally I only see K.Rool has "most likeable than not" chance but okay).

Iwata Tribute: 66%

Nomina....

Nominations:
I'm gonna hold these bonus ones for later, as well.

Tiki x5
I will help you with this (I actually did before. But my main focus is Micaiah).

Nominations:

Tiki x2
Rerate!Micaiah x3

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Nabbit
Chance: 1.5%(I might be a bit generous here)
He is a stage boss, and I reiterate this with every character I put in my Pokemon DLC Ideas thread(http://smashboards.com/threads/poke...-moveset-included.410134/page-3#post-19712377), where is the moveset potential? I can't see any here.
Want: 0% I don't want this guy in, plain and simple.

Gallade
Chance: 3%(Again, generosity.)
Gallade has no fanbase, and despite that I can claim starting most of the support for him being in my thread above, Gallade is always overshadowed by his MUCH more popular counterpart, Gardevoir. And besides, Lucario already covers Sinnoh, and unlike Gardevoir, Gallade isn't from Hoenn, who desperately needs a rep, unlike Unova, which no one seems to give a care about. I'm personally rooting for Meinshao, but I'm alone in this world for her.
Want: 80% I want him, but not as much as I want other Pokemon(Gardevoir, Riolu, Sylveon, Victini, Meinshao)

Also, how can I get this page to feature Riolu?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Nabbit
where is the moveset potential? I can't see any here.
"As the thief, Nabbit would be very fast, but like in his debut, it's game over when somebody even touches him.
Luckily, he can use hit-and-run tactics or go all around the opponent, tipping blindspots.

But that's not all.
To raise his evasiveness, he gets covered in dustclouds when he rolls or dodges.

He can steal projectiles to gain Super Armor (a nice throwback to his playable role in NSLU), as well as kidnapping entire opponents, that have to feel the Forward Smashes from the sacks perspective!

On top of that, he can also steal status-effects and charges like the Monando's Power and DK's Giant Punch.

Or he just steals regular items, when you play with them on."

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
"As the thief, Nabbit would be very fast, but like in his debut, it's game over when somebody even touches him.

But that's not all.

Or he just steals regular items, when you play with them on."
Eh, still... aerials? Stealing projectiles? Already done by :4villager:. Steal status effects and charges and whatnot? Already (Somewhat) done by :4kirby:.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Eh, still... aerials? Stealing projectiles? Already done by :4villager:. Steal status effects and charges and whatnot? Already (Somewhat) done by :4kirby:.
Aerials have nothing to do with potential, they're just moves.
Specials and stats matter more.

I also hate the argument of something slightly resembling the proposed move.
Villager does something completely different with the projectile than Nabbit does.

It's like saying Marth is redundant because "Link already did the swords thing"

Bad shameless plug is bad btw.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Nabbit:

Stage hazard.

Gallade:

Like Deoxys/Zoroark/Blaziken/Shaymin/whatever, he's drowned in competition.

Want: 37%
His design seems cool, but I'd much prefer someone like Smeargle or Meowth.

Predictions for Isaac rerate: 68% Chance, 96% Want
Predictions for Iwata tribute: 56% Chance, 94% Want

Nominate Smeargle x 5

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Link and Marth couldn't be more different. I just have trouble picturing this guy being a good fit for the roster, even if he may or may not have potential, also, who would take him seriously? Even though Ness is considered incredibly powerful, and an awful matchup for me using my mains, I still can rarely take Ness seriously. I'm not sure how anyone could take Nabbit seriously, just sayin'.

Top Bottom