• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Black Shadow

Chance: 5%
Want: ...well, that depends. Standalone, 5%; with a fixed Ganondorf, 100%. I guess just put it at 20% overall...
From what I understand, he's fairly popular in Japan, but that stems mostly from his VA in the anime. Otherwise, F-Zero is a relatively dead franchise that doesn't really deserve a newcomer - Falcon's not even getting more than a cameo in MK8.
However, as I mentioned on Ganon's day...​
I’d love a DLC which adds Black Shadow as a character, and just gives him Ganondorf’s current moveset. That way, anyone who likes the moveset can still have the moves in game, and then the fact that most of it seems to be a slower, more powerful Captain Falcon makes more sense. Besides, I hear Shadow’s pretty popular in Japan. On top of that, a new Ganondorf is added with a moveset that is much more appropriate for him:

Hyrule Warriors did an amazing job at making that Ganondorf an amalgamation of all previous Dorfs in the series (which technically were all the same one; get your facts straight, Palutena). Like in Ocarina, he’s a sorcerer barbarian; like in Wind Waker, he dual wields; Like Twilight Princess, he’s got that regal haughtiness. And that mane is perfect, and had better be on the Dorf in Zelda U (speaking of, Ganondorf had better be in that game, and Link had better have a lefty option so we lefties can also play swordmatching finally). I’d love it if they just got Koei Tecmo to send the animations over, and put him in just like that. The only moves I’d keep from his Sm4sh incarnation would be his ftilt and side special, otherwise bring this beast in.​

Could a DLC replace the Dorf with Shadow, and add a new Dorf? Yes. Will they do it? Probably not. Do I want that? More than Ridley.
Tetris Blocks
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%
...no, this is a joke, right? At least Slime has a face, and at least Reckless Wiimote Safety Silhouette has a body...

Third-party, and not even shaped like a fighter. What attacks could it to besides slamming down or flipping? This is hurting my brain. I don't give chances below 1% since everything has a chance, but there are some things that I just can't see.

Now, Tetris should have WAY more content than it does since it is one of the most important games in Nintendo's repertoire. But Tetris lends itself beautifully to a stage (which for some reason has still not happened...). I've made myself Tetris stages for Brawl and Sm4sh, but it's not the same. Especially since stages are skewing gimmicky this round, it'd be awesome to see a stage where it's just dropping blocks and reacting - when a line is across, it disappears; pieces are dropped by algorithms to make a fighting surface, and you can only KO out the top. Add some crush zones onto the blocks so if you get trapped under one it's an instant KO. That would be fun. And they've already got the great music remixes in.​

Both Predictions: 3.3%

Melee/Brawl classic mode x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
BATMAN BLACK SHADOW:
CHANCE: 3%
F-Zero's sad situation and the fact that a good chunk of support came from people who Sword Ganondorf, so that bit of support has died off. And I think Nintendo will prioritise Samurai Goroh when it finally decided to add another F-Zero character. Can't beat the originals.

WANT: 10%
Solely because he's a Batman look-alike.​

TETROMINO: DOUBLE ZEROES
Tetris is the most popular puzzle game ever and was a killer app on the Game Boy, and is a rare case of a widely-acclaimed game from the east of the Iron Curtain, but a group of four squares does not make a playable character.

:231:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Black Shadow:

Chance: 3%
Poor, poor F-Zero. Forced into Mario Kart's shadow and left to wallow. Smash Bros. is pretty much all it's got. It does have a multitude of unique characters bursting with personality, but with the state F-Zero's in now, it'll be a long time before we get another character. At least in Japan, he has a small but notable fanbase, who want him in because he was voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

Want: 80%
Another villain from a franchise that desperately needs one? Sign me up.

Tetromino:

Chance: 6%
...What?

Okay, Tetris is the reason the Game Boy succeeded the way it did, but

Want: 70%
...I'd want Lip first.

Predictions for Savvy Stylist: 5% Chance, 77% Want
Predictions for Azura: 2% Chance, 15% Want

Nominate Isabelle x 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Black Shadow's Chance: 10%
While some people feel that F-Zero needs another character, there just doesn't seem to be much support for this guy.

Black Shadow's Want: 0%
I really don't want to ever see any more characters where Sakurai has to completely create a moveset from thin air. If any F-Zero character did anything outside of driving a car, then I would be ok with adding that character; but as it stands now, they really have nothing to pull from their game and thus would have to be entirely original content. I'm totally fine with Captain Falcon remaining the only playable character from his series again.

----------

Tetromino's Chance: 10%
Tetris is one of those games that is not only iconic in gaming but truly definitive of the medium. There isn't anyone into gaming around that hasn't played this game. With that said, Tetromino really isn't a character and most people wont see an inanimate block as fighter material. so it has pretty much negligible support. If Sega can make a race car into a playable fighter, I wouldn't say Tetromino is impossible.

Tetromino Want as a Playable Character: 5%
Tetromino Want as an Assist Trophy or Stage Element: 100%
If ever I've seen a "character" with Assist Trophy potential, this is it. It could be like the Pong, or whatever Nintendo wants to call it, Assist in which a game of Tetris would start playing and players would have to avoid blocks falling from the sky and stacking up on the floor. A Tetris stage would also be a fun idea as well.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow
Chances- 9%
Wouldn't have much competition from his series as Goroh is an AT. And am I wrong in saying, or do I remember reading that Black Shadow is actually pretty popular in Japan? I have no idea if that has translated to ballot support over there, but it might.
Still wouldn't call it likely. F-Zero has been quite dormant for some time, and I don't see us getting another character until/if the series is picked back up.
Want- 20%
Honestly… I like the idea of an F-Zero character, but I don't care for his design. Would have been better if he took Falcondorf's moveset and took up less development time, but I don't see that likely to happen.

Tetrimino
Chance- 0%
Want- 0%

Would make a killer AT! Tetris is very popular, but… sorry, even after reading the arguments, I just don't see Sakurai making a group of blocks playable. Having no limbs is a serious issue (really, weird as Wii Fit Trainer was… she has limbs…) and putting limbs on a Tetris block is just… sorry, I don't see it happening. Maybe if it was first party they'd take the time to make it work, but I don't see them going out of their way to make a walking block.
I think every character we see from here on out will be based on the ballot (other than maybe Wolf), so I just don't see this as even remotely possible.

Azura Predictions- 7%
Style Savvy Predictions- 4%
Nominations:

Adeleine x10

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Black Shadow:
Chances:5%

Want: 10% And here it comes my main problem with the F-Zero series, we want another representative, but there isn't that many options to choose from.

Tetriminio: Abstain because why?

Nominations:
Hades x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Black Shadow
Chance:
1%

Was a popular choice in Japan during speculation, but I haven't seen too much support now and F-Zero is currently in a dormant state.
Want: 35%
Mostly to reenact the video, but I have no desire to see him. I wanted him so that he can inherit Ganondorf's moveset and we could declone Ganondorf, but... that can't happen now.

Tetrimino
Chance and Want:
Abstain

I... don't have much to say here...

Azura Prediction: 4.51%
We had promotion for Roy back in Melee. I don't think it will happen now, however.
Savvy Stylist Prediction: 2.77%
This should really be less than a percent...

Nominations: Young Link 5x

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Black Shadow
He's not extraordinarily popular, and I doubt Sakurai is looking to throw in more F-Zero content, let alone a whole new fighter.

Want: 3%
I think F-Zero is good with Captain Falcon alone this time around. He'd be pretty cool in hypothetical Smash 5, though.

Tetris Block
Tetris has been removed completely from the Nintendo EShop. I don't think the company that owns it is going to turn around and give it the okay for Smash.

Want: 1%
How would that even work..?

Predictions:
Style Savvy: 10%
Azura: 3%

Nominations
Ultimate Ghost x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Black Shadow the Hedgehog
Chance: 1%

Tetrimino
Chance: .01%
Want: 10%

Style Savy Character Prediction: .92 (Who even wants this?)
Azura Prediction: 4% (I'm expecting a lot of "muh relevance")

Nominations:
Shadow x5

Black Shadow
Chance 2%
Not only is he not popular about 90% of his popularity comes from replacing ganondorf. With ganondorf still being MANondorf there isn't much of a point for him and his popularity is even lower. Throw in his franchise being dormant and that the game is more about racing than fighting. Sorry 2% is probably generous.

Want 0%
I hate the idea of adding a character solely to replace another. If you so desperately want another character that uses magic and is a LoZ character support Ganon. Some people actually LIKE the brutal playstyle of Ganondorf.

as his own unique character with nothing to do with ganondorf it would be higher but very few people really care for black shadow himself :/

didnt we already rate tetra?
oh. right
tetris block
double zeroes.

I dont need to explain this.

predictions
style savvy 3%
azura 5%

noms
next smash has new director 5

Medusa was rated less likely than Viridi and only BARELY more wanted. needless to say im happy about this :)
still salty sylux is more wanted

Troykv

Smash Master
Medusa was rated less likely than Viridi and only BARELY more wanted. needless to say im happy about this :)
still salty sylux is more wanted
Muh Reps argument

Black Shadow... Eh

Chance and Want: Abstain

We already have Falconforf... I can't think other thing about Black.

Tetriminio... Oh What the heck!?

Chance: 0.01%

Eh... This is... A Joke character... Right?

Want: Abstain

Eh...

Predictions:

Style Savvy: 12%
Azura: 8% Expect no-small chance Rate from my side about FE characters.

Nominations:

Adeleine x5

Tomorrow the Micaiah's cooldown finish... Time to nominate her again! :p

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Black Shadow's chances: 5%

Pretty much uncontested in F-Zero since Goroh's an AT, but unless the series gets revived I see Captain Falcon remaining as it's sole representative.

Want: 60%

My interest in him has faltered, but I'd still be ok with his inclusion. Please don't give him Ganondorf's moveset if he gets in though, he has potential to be more interesting and honestly I personally think Ganondorf's fine as is.

Tetrimino: DOUBLE ZEROES

Joins Owain, BB Bandits, and Ridley ( :( ) in my 0% chance club. I really don't like giving those out, but...a random Tetris block? That's third party? And that most people dismiss as a joke? I know it's legendary and all, but I really don't see this as a realistic choice, and I'd actually be kind of annoyed if it happened. Now a stage, that could be cool, but a Tetris block as a fighter? Sorry, no.

Style Savvy prediction: 2.39%
Azure prediction: 7.14%

Nominations: Mallo x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Black Shadow:

Chance: 8%

Pretty much the best 2nd rep for F Zero. However F-Zero is canonically inactive after GX.

Want: 60%

Tetrimino:

Chance and Want: ABSTAINED

Prediction:

Style Savvy: 1.7%

Azura: 10.94%

Nominations:

Mother 3 Stage x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Black Shadow
Chance: 4.5%
He would probably be the next choice for a new F-Zero representative. That's not saying much though. I'll give the driver of the Black Bull a score of 4.5%.
I wonder when is F-Zero going to get a new game...

Want: 12%
I don't feel that F-Zero is a big enough franchise at this point to warrant more than one playable character.

Tetrimino
Chance: 0.2%
I've often joked with my friends about adding a random Tetris piece as a playable character, but I never thought I'd actually be rating its chances. I don't even think there's anything to say. If Tetris ever got any major content, it would more than likely be a stage. I'll give the random Tetris piece for Sm4sh a small score of 0.2%.

It's so random that I would be curious to see how it could be implemented, but in reality there are still way more characters I'd rather see.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow
F.zero needs more reps... but not this dude...

Tetris blocks
this could be a really cool stage or an assist trophy

predictions
style savvy 2,5%
azura 2%

Noms
Mallo x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Black Shadow:

Not a fan of F-Zero so I do not care one bit. IF F-Zero would get another character, then sure add Batman Black Shadow.

Tetris Blocks:

Chance: .05%

Eh, I'll pass on this idea. I think Tetris would be better suited as a stage. That would be hype.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x5

Once again, I do not see it in the nomination list any more. Any reason?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Because it's deconfirmed,
It's not officially disconfirmed.
Ryu is already in the game and he doesn't have a Ken alt
I'm pretty sure I saw alt characters(Ms. Pac-Man is one I can think of) being nominated.

EDIT: I just checked, she is on the list.
and it being added later is extremely unlikely.
So are half of the nominations according to the votes. So, what's the problem?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Got someone to watch in the hospital and my battery is almost down, so don't expect it to look detailed.

Black Shadow
Want: 15%

Tetris blocks

Predictions
Style Savvy 2.5%
Azura 3%

Noms
Corrin x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Black Shadow
Chance
5% - Unless Ganondorf's willing to relinquish his move set, I don't think there's much a chance for Black Shadow, as he is the epitome of a Captain Falcon clone.

Want
1% - Goroh first in my opinion. Otherwise, does F-Zero need anyone else after that?

Tetrimino
Oh man, this one's kinda difficult. It's not as much a character, but it would be interesting to see what's done with it. So...
Chance - 1%
Want - 20%
I'll leave the format as basic for this one, because... there's really not much input I can give for chance or want on this one.
Regardless, Tetris does deserve more than what it has.

Predictions
Style Savy - 3%
Azura - 6%

Nominations
Eggman X5

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Black Shadow

One of the major reasons he is requested is so that Ganondorf's current move-set is passed down to him so that Ganondorf can get a new one. He isn't paid much mind otherwise, sadly.

Want: 25%
I disagree with the notion of adding in a character solely to change their move-set for another's.

I also disagree that he'd just be a Falcon clone anyway, some members were able to make a unique and new move-set for him. The reason the score is so low is due to me not finding him all that interesting as a character.
Tetrimino

I'm intrigued at the idea of a fighter composed of Tetris pieces and how it'd work, but it'd probably be too complicated to make it an effective fighter. One can bring up how Sakurai was able to make Game and Watch and R.O.B. work out, but there is only so much one can do with just Tetris pieces. An Assist Trophy or a stage seem to fit it more.

Sorry...

Predictions:
Style Savvy: 3%
Azura: 7%

Nominations:
Gardevoir x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Black Shadow:

Not a fan of F-Zero so I do not care one bit. IF F-Zero would get another character, then sure add Batman Black Shadow.

Tetris Blocks:

Chance: .05%

Eh, I'll pass on this idea. I think Tetris would be better suited as a stage. That would be hype.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x5

Once again, I do not see it in the nomination list any more. Any reason?
I posted an updated nominations list near the bottom of page 189. Yes I have been counting you're nominations, Don't worry :)

Black Shadow
want: 40%

Tetrimino
Want: 50%

Nominations: Adeleine x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
BLACK SHADOW
CHANCE: 5.37%
WANT: 26.25%

TETRIMINO
CHANCE: 1.58%
WANT: 13.64%

Next up we're rating Azura and Savvy Style. Also please predict what scores Hades and Lloyd Irving will get tomorrow.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Azura - Moar Fire Emblem
Chance
10% - We did get Roy back in Melee as a literal advertisement character, so I don't see a difference here. Heck, both are actually Fire Emblem characters. However, problem is that the remainder DLC characters are supposed to be Fan Service (and not the kind of Fan Service this character brings :facepalm:). Any Fire Emblem characters, of course, are going to have a hard time.

Want
10% - Out of all the Fire Emblem choices we have, I'll be a bit easier on a character from the new games, although I'd still prefer to see no more Fire Emblem characters on this roster. Also, if I were to see any characters in the game using a spear, it would be the one and only idol, Bandana Waddle Dee.

Style Savy - Maybe they could use Stylish moves, no wait that's Paper Mario.
Chance
5% - Uh... I don't think Style Savy is among people's ballot entries. I'll also bring attention to the "fan service" from this point out. Point is, Style Savy as a whole doesn't have a good shot.

Want
5% - Yeah... sorry. I guess a Style Savy character just isn't my "style." :lol:
I-I'm sorry, was that a bad joke? My bad, I don't want to offend any fans of this series, so I'll just shut up now.

Predictions
Hades - 12% - Oh no, another Kid Icarus character. However, people seem to like this character for whatever reason, so, we'll see how it goes.
Lloyd - I don't think we're talking gyroids from animal crossing... 5%

Nominations
Eggman X5

D

Deleted member

Azura

I'm sure she has some Japanese ballot support, but Fire Emblem: Fates won't be available internationally until next year.

Want: 30%

She may be another Fire Emblem character, but I'm mildly interested since she would at least be unique from the others.

Style Savvy

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Seriously?

Predictions:

Hades - 10%

[Insert statement about Sakurai's bias here]

Lloyd Irving - 5%

A third party JRPG character that's not owned by Square Enix, and the first we'll rate since KOS-MOS if I remember correctly.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!

Nomination: Young Link x5

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Azura
Chance - 20%
Want - 50%

Savvy Stylist
Chance - 15%
Want - 40%

Prediction
Hades - 9%
Lloyd - 2%

Nomination Smash 5 has 10 year wait cycle x 5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Azura

Fire Emblem, 'overrepped,' Roy DLC...Fire Emblem Fates not yet released...Not a lot of ballot support...but at least she'd be a unique fighter at least using her spear/staff...as much as Sakurai favours Fire Emblem, I doubt he's gonna add any more characters from the series in this game...She'd have a solid chance in Smash 5 methinks...It'd be a Chrom vs. Robin situation between her and Corrin, however I feel she's got the advantage in this situation...

----

Want: 5%
not 0% because she's at least nice to look at...but yeah I think most everyone that doesn't call themselves a Fire Emblem fan are Fire Emblem'ed out in Smash for the time being...however I'd take her over Corrin...as she'd at least be a unique addition especially in regards to Fire Emblem as they all use swords...she doesn't...

----

Savvy Stylist
From what I gather, she'd be an unorthodox fighter like :4wiifit: or :4gaw:...but the focus is fully on fashion...There is also not a lot of Ballot support for this character or the Style Savvy series, which isn't really a notable series to begin with...At the very most I can see maybe a regular trophy, but not a playable fighter...

----

There's this fashion mechanic in the new Triforce Heroes game and that's probably were most of my interest ends, since I'm not really a fashionista...I'm not following this trend, sorry...I'd probably welcome her as well as I did the Wii Fit Trainer...which wasn't all that well tbh...

----

Prediction:
Hades: 2.3%
Oh look another KI character...he won't do to much better than Medusa...

Lloyd Irving: 7.5%
Oh look a third party that is NOT owned or associated with Square Enix and is actually owned by a company that is currently involved with Smash to boot...but the lack of support is a big downer for Tales fans...

----

Nomintations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage x2

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Yey, Style Savvy! :D

Azura
Chance: 25%
I don't see her getting in now but if the protagonist of IF/Fates doesn't get in, I could see her in Smash 5.

Want: 75%

Style Savvy Rep
Change:
50%
Some might find it weird that I say 50% but, in my opinion, a Style Savvy Rep would be wild card choice for the designers. Despite people saying that they don't think the games are "popular" enough, Japan is already on their third game, Girls Mode 3: KiraKira Code, being Japan!Nintendo's best selling software of April, 2015, selling more then 55,000 copies on its release. It predecessor, Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen, sold over 380,000 copies during its reign. Style Savvy's inclusion in Smash could potentially put Style Savvy/Girls Mode/Style Boutique in the international limelight.

Want: 100%

I don't really care too much about Hades or Lloyd, so I'll abstain from predicting.

Nomination: Calista from The Last Story x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Goodie Lloyd is tomorrow.

Anyways.

Azura:

Chance: 8%

An important non sword using Fire Emblem character. But Fire Emblem Fates hasn't been released outside of Japan yet and I barely see any support in the ballot.

Want: 40%

Saavy Stylist:

Chance and Want: ABSTAINED

Predictions:

Lloyd Irving: 14.67%

Hades:4.5%

Nominate Mother 3 Stage x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Azura

Chance: 10%

She is one of the newest Fire Emblem main characters, debuting in the newest Fire Emblem title that was just released in Japan. Though new, she has been getting quite popular ever since she was first revealed. As a lance user, she would easily stand out amongst all of the Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros, and she'd be especially unique amongst the entire roster because we are yet to see a fighter yielding a lance on the Smash roster. Thus, between her and Corrin, she could end up becoming the FE:Fates rep because she is more unique compared to Corrin, another sword user; that is, if Sakurai decides to go for the Robin vs Chrom decision again.Her inclusion would also be a great way to promote FE:Fates.

The main factors holding her back are the fact many Smashers are getting annoyed with the inclusion of more Fire Emblem characters, thinking Roy should be the last Fire Emblem characters. There's also the fact Fire Emblem Fates is rather too new to be represented, putting Azura in a similar situation like Elma/Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X and Inkling from Splatoon. She also doesn't have strong ballot support thanks to being a fairly recent character. Thus, Azura could be a lot more suited for a Smash Bros 5 rep instead of Smash 4 DLC.

Want: 75%

She's another character who I think would be much more suited for Smash Bros 5 due to the reasons I previously explained. However, after watching several gameplay videos of FE:Fates and some cutscenes from that same game, Azura has really started to grow on me as a character. In fact, I like her a lot more than Corrin. Using her lance/staff would definitely her stand out in the roster, and her singing and dancing could also work into her moveset as well. Even her water manipulation abilities would be very interesting, especially since we really don't have a lot of water fighters on the Smash roster aside from Greninja.

Style Savvy rep

Yet another character that I really don't see having a moveset right off the bat, not to mention that a Style Savvy character has received minimal ballot support. However, the fact the Style Savvy games are a part of the Nintendo portable game lineup doesn't throw out this concept entirely, not to mention this could be another example where a moveset can be made, especially if it focuses on fashion.

Much like what I said with Tetrimono yesterday, a Style Savvy rep is far from my Smash 4 DLC wishlist. However, I will admit that there could be some potential for a unique moveset, as we have learned with the Wii Fit Trainer in the past. A very low possibility, but it could still happen nonetheless.

Predictions:

Hades (Kid Icarus): 11.47%
Lloyd: 5.34%

Nominations:

*Looks at the current updated nominations list and realizes Descole is at 140 nominations and will probably get his RTC day in about three days or less*

*Now speaks in his Jean Descole voice*

Well then, I believe the time has come. Time to start pushing Gallade's nominations once again for an RTC day!

Gallade (Pokemon): x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Tetris block did better than 1% in chances?

Seriously, I fully expected it to be our most unlikely character on our general chances chart. Looks like many people weren't ready for a such unorthodox character idea and dismissed it as a joke, but that was to be expected. At least yesterday was fun :p

-----

Azura chances: 90% because Roy in Melee and MUH RELEVANCE RECENCY!!!!1!1!!

Azura chances: 0.28%
As much as Nintendo is promoting Fire Emblem Fates as one of their strong recent titles (it did better than Awakening at launch in Japan) this is something I don't see happening. There are many much older characters who would be much higher priority and FE14 contents is much more likely to be implemented as non-intrusive aesthetic feature like a Mii costume maybe bundled with a trophy, similar to Splatoon.

And while we have precedence of a potential promotional Fire Emblem character (Roy in Melee), this is most likely irrelevant. Roy was chosen in Melee because Sakurai wanted to add easy clones in order to have a bigger roster without having to delay the game too much, and Roy happened to be Sakurai's favourite choice for a Marth clone after he saw insider concept arts at IS. The promotion part of the thing was only an afterthought at most.

Azura disapproval: 100% (or 0% want)
No, just... no. (This would be the same score for Corrin btw) I'm kind of tired with Fire Emblem characters at this point, Roy was kinda pushing it but at least he was a beloved cut character whose title saved the series after its original creator leaved IS. A character from FE14 would be pushing it way too far and that would literally be selling one's soul to the personified god of the unholy "MUH RELEVANCE RECENCY!!!!1!1!!" rule. At least I'd be fine with Captain Toad or Inkling, the former did his first major appearance in SM3DW before Smash came out and feels like the most viable option for a playable Toad is Smash while the later represents a brand new IP which is very creative and was very successful, but yet another FE character from the most recent game of the series... please no. Not to mention I'm opposed to any more Fire Emblem character at this point for reasons I've already explained in my Miaciah and Owain want rating.

I don't care if she'd be unique, but... no. Add her as an Assist Trophy or Mii costume if anything.

-----

Style Savvy character chances: 0.28%
A rather niche series whose target audience doesn't quite overlap with Smash's? Unless Nintendo wants to promote it as one of their strong IPs or Sakurai sees some sheer uniqueness about a Savvy stylist, it's not happening.

Style Savvy character want: 0%
Meh. No. I'd rather have a Savvy Stylist over a random third-party, but that's not saying much.

-----

Hades prediction: 9.31%
We're still rating Kid Icarus stuff? Oh well...

Lloyd prediction: 4.55%
Since more than one character per third-party company is no longer taboo, maybe he'll do slightly better than the 4% he did in the original RTC?

Nominating:
Concept: DLC adventure mode x2
Concept: unpopular DLC character x2
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x1

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Azura - Chance 10%

Fire Emblem Fates managed to outsell Awakening's first week sales within one weeks thanks to the two game approach Nintendo went with it and it's currently praised as the successor to that said title. With the choices between the two warring nations, Azura serves as the game's secondary protagonist as the resident Songtress (A new class akin to a Dancer that can fight offensively with a lance).

But there are the issues of the game not having a Western release yet (meaning she could only have Japanese ballot support for now) and the game might be considered too new for Smash representation. Meanwhile, there are many people who might prefer Corrin over her since he's much more important and the usual "Anti-Fire Emblem" brigade that doesn't want another character (Bite me, I dare you!). Maybe she might have a chance for Smash 5 assuming Fire Emblem 15 or 16 might not overshadow it (Which sadly might be the case)?

Want
90% - Sorry Lucina, but I've found a female main character that blows you away in terms of character and uniqueness. Water manipulation? Check. Massive spear? Check. Songs that might change the tides for battle? Check. Dragon's Vein for more environmental control? Check.

If any of you don't find that appealing, then you might as well be the same guys who are in love with the same old generic lords. Needless to say, I wouldn't mind having her over Corrin as the possible Fates rep for these reasons. Plus, who wouldn't want to hear this epic track in Smash?

Style Savy - Chance 5%

The Style Savvy games had been slowly growing popular since the first game and who would have expected two tracks from the games in Smash? The franchise's total sales might as well be close to Punch Out level as we speak and the games are known for having a huge female following. But she suffers from things like having little ballot support and she doesn't fulfill that "fanservice" quota that Sakurai is looking for with DLC.
But like many others said, this is the guaranteed oddball to expect for Smash 5 and we all know he wants to shove more casual material down our throats. :troll:

Want
80%
As a fan of oddball choices, this is one that I grew to like after thinking about the possibilities with the character's costume mechanic. So imagine being able to wear Flirty material for a sassy fighting style or Feminine for something akin to Peach's type of aerial control. The series does have that potential to get a bigger and I can see plenty of material from the games (a WTF fighter being one of them).

And one more thing, Style Savvy > Call of Duty

*waits for more angry fanboys*

Predictions
Hades - 12%
Lloyd - 5%

Nominations
Corrin X5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Aqua:

Chances: 10% Sakurai's obscene bias and desire for unique characters actually make her a possibility, as much as I detest that.

Want: 0% AKA My angry Rant% I swear if Sakurai adds another Fire Emblem character before the next Smash I will personally see to it that the entire Kirby, Metroid, and DK fanbases rally together and disassemble all Fire Emblem support for a game or two. I'm not kidding, I find it unjust to spit in the faces of those who are more deserving, and to cater to some niche franchise over them instead repeatedly, it's an insult. What makes Fire Emblem so special, so much more deserving, that it gets to have more reps than DK and Metroid combined? It's a niche series that can't even bust 17 million sales, yet it has 5/6th the amount of reps of one that has over 200 million sales, it's pretty ridiculous.

Style Savvy Rep:

Chance: 4% Don't see this happening, not enough demand, but you never know.
Want: 50% This actually sounds interesting, someone who fights via.... fashion?! Would certainly be unique, and uniqueness is nearly always welcome to me.

Nominations: Dr. Eggman x 5
Predictions: Hades 15%
Lloyd 3%

Last edited:
Azura
Want: 0% (no more Fire Emblem characters)

Style Savvy rep

Hades prediction: 7%

Lloyd prediction: 3%

Nominations: Agumon 5x

It's not officially disconfirmed.

I'm pretty sure I saw alt characters(Ms. Pac-Man is one I can think of) being nominated.

EDIT: I just checked, she is on the list.

So are half of the nominations according to the votes. So, what's the problem?
Ryu's a DLC character. I don't think that people would be happy if they had bought Ryu and then had to buy an alt for him separately. It is more plausible for characters that were already in the game, as you don't have to buy them separately.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Aqua's chances: 3%
Being from a just recent game might hamper her chances, and I don't think anyone's wanting more Fire Emblem content after Roy, and I don't think the promotion card's going to help.

Want: Abstain.
As repeated on the days we rated a Fire Emblem character -
"After my Boy Roy comes home, that's all I'm asking for from the Fire Emblem Series" I don't need her in Smash Bros.

I'll abstain from the Style Savvy character - I have little to no interest in the series.

Nominations: Isaac (Golden Sun) X5

D

Deleted member

Azura

Chances : 16

Want : 80

I don't give a crap about over-repping so... yeah. Azura is def a top contender for next FE fighter.

Fashionista fighter

Abstained

Hades : 13.00+... that's if there's people who are like me. Seriously though, if people put aside overrepping in their scores, how would things go?

Lloyd : 4.78

Noms

Gallade ( Pokemon ) X5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Azura:
Chance: 10%

Remember that Fates is out in Japan already, making this more of a Marth situation.
This means Sakurai could be playing this game right now, and many Japanese people could vote for Azura on the ballot already.

But it didn't just release in Japan yet, it boomed, surpassing Awakening in first week sales.

Alongside Fates being one of Nintendo's big cards, I feel Azura has a fair shot at getting in.

Want: 100%
Despite never having played a Fire Emblem game, I love Azura's raw moveset potential.
I said yesterday Medusa killed a lot of bird with her victims?
Now watch Azura combining your favorite characters' moveset potential in one:

Lance: Bandana Dee better watch out, this girl has a lance, making us a step closer to completing the weapon triangle.
Along with bringing a long ranged style not seen before.

Dancing: WFT has Yoga Flames, Azura brings us Dance Waters.
These dance moves bring a visual flair to Azura's movements and normals not seen before.

Rhythm: You heard that right, you don't need the bowtie'd white blighters to gain a rhythmic character.
Azura, being a dancer and songstress, could bring rhythm hijinx (stupid English language. Even language is a stupid word) to the fray.
Combine this with her singing and dancing to unleash the beating beat on opponents.

Waterbending: Yes, you can now nerf Greninja into oblivion (English won't stop being a **** in its spelling right?) because Azura can do everything he does.
The best thing? You can combine this with all of her other powers, to get Water Summoning Singing, Water Dropping Dancing, or Lancing Enhancing Raindancing (English is very fun sometimes though)

Along with being the moveset potential monster, she also brings one of the most tearjerking songs ever.
Her own theme.

And overrepresentation?
Cry me a river, I'd love the flood.
Some flapjacks don't seem to understand only 3 of the five characters are fully unique.
And Azura would be added either way, DLC or Smash 5.
It's just a matter of squares jeeez.
Is the difference between having a square or being an alt so salt-worthy?

Style Savvy (What is that double V even supposed to mean we're not Germany)
Chance and Want: 5%
This game?
Not really.

Next game?
Oh yeah.

Hades the Magnificent: 4.5%
Lloyd Boom: Fire and Ice: 3.5%

Ill edit my noms in later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom