• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Takamaru

I guess I'm gonna be seeing alot of these "he's an assist trophy" arguments, so lets put that argument to rest: "From now until the end, it is going to be fan service"-- Sakurai, 2015
GG everyone

Chance: 15%
Even though I say that, his popularity is still extremely low... well in comparison to other characters anyway.

Want: 20%
He's from the same generation from Link, Samus, and Pit. That's the only reason I'd want to see him in, otherwise, I don' care.

Slippy:

Chance: 0%
Fox: "Don't worry buddy, I'll get you in the roster as DLC."

Want: 3%

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Takumaru:

Chances: 0%

No amount of fan service will save Takumaru from his capsuled prison.

Want: 50%

Looks pretty cool. I'd play him for laughs.

Slippy:

Chances: 5%

Star Fox is in a really awkward position right now. Everyone and their mom thought Wolf would be at E3, look how that turned out. With the possibility of Wolf not returning(which is now a real one), why a lesser SF character would be chosen over him is unclear. That and Slippy still has to compete with Krystal.

Want: 0%

No.

Precictions:

Ashley: 3%

Assist Trophy.

Dark Matter:

5%

Nominate: Sylux x5

Takamaru
chance 1%
if any single deconfirmed character is getting an upgrade it is Takamaru. This guy has even been considered and is getting support. But that assist trophy status really is a huge problem I dont think he will be able to overcome.

want 50%
The first time I saw him I thought he was pretty coll and from what I have seen he wouldnt be too boring. Still have yet to buy his game though.

Slippy
Chance .1%
Having to deal with Wolf AND Krystal is a lot. he has very little support and is probably not on Sakurai's radar. I also doubt he believes he could be unique.

want 60%
Slippy is actually my 2nd favorite Star Fox character after Falco so I would rather have him than wolf or Krystal (regardless of what I have previously rated)
Unfotunately im not sure if a moveset based on Assualt would work because of the ballistic guns.

predictions
Ashely 3%

Dark matter 7%

noms
Agnes oblige 3
Smash 5 has a new Director 2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
It could be worse. We could be rating the other, more dangerous dark lords... such as Lucas... from The Wizard, Sandbag, and, everyone's favorite, the Yarne and Owain Tag Team. :p
Let's just say we're lucky we can't rate Scrooge McDuck again. Man, that was an interesting day...

Takamaru

Chance - 0% - Assist Trophy. He's not gonna make it.

Want - 75% - A samurai style could be cool.

Slippy Toad

Chance - 1.85% - Semi-popular in Japan, but mediocre support elsewhere. Combined with Wolf and Krystal eating up most of his support and compeating, and well...

Want - 55% - Not before Wolf, but I would prefer him over Krystal, at least.

Predictions

Ashley - 3.24% - Popular, but an assist trophy.

Dark Matter - 2.14% - Under Bandanna Dee.

Nominations

Secondary Ballot X5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Takamaru:

Maybe Definitely next time.

Want: 100%
I didn't like him at first, but he's warmed up to me.

Slippy:

Chance: 2%
Wolf and Krystal are his main competition. Heck, I've even seen some Leon supporters lurking around.

Want: 42%
:wolf::wolf::wolf: please

Predictions for Ashley: 8% Chance, 57% Want
Predictions for Dark Matter: 3% Chance, 16% Want

Nominate Homecoming Hijinx x 5

NNID
Majorasmask66
Takamaru

Chance 0%
Was it a question?

He is awesome...nuff said.

Slippy

Chance: 5%

Slippy has alot of competition with Krystal and Wolf who are far more likley. Also Slippy doesn't have alot of demand at all.

Want: 2%

Dark Matter prediction: 4%
Ashley prediction: 2%

Nominations
Hades x5

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Takamaru
Chance: 1%
Unfortunately, he's probably out of luck for this game. He already has an in-game role as an AT, but also got another blow in the form of Sakurai. After the game came out, Sakurai later gave a reason for why Takamaru wasn't made playable and said that it would only happen if he got more familiarity with the western fanbase. As of now, little has changed about that situation with him, so unfortunately he'll have to wait until the next game for his chance.

Ambivalent, he could be a cool character, but he's not one I'm too interested in.

Takamaru

Chance 0%
Was it a question?

He is awesome...nuff said.

Nominations
Hades x5
Takamaru
Unfortunately, he's probably out of luck for this game. He already has an in-game role as an AT, but also got another blow in the form of Sakurai. After the game came out, Sakurai later gave a reason for why Takamaru wasn't made playable and said that it would only happen if he got more familiarity with the western fanbase. As of now, little has changed about that situation with him, so unfortunately he'll have to wait until the next game for his chance.

Ambivalent, he could be a cool character, but he's not one I'm too interested in.
Are you guys abstaining from rating Slippy?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Takamaru:

Chance: 6%.
He has the strongest chance of the Assist Trophies. He's got the strongest (visible) support, and he's even been considered by Sakurai. Not to mention the one reason he was passed over is now irrelevant due to his appearance as an Assist Trophy and his game releasing in NA.
Unfortunately he IS an Assist Trophy, and like most candidates he's got steep competition.

Want: 55%. His rating would be higher if this was the next Smash game. I feel like if he were to get in now, he would be a very basic character based on his Assist Trophy, and that would be kinda boring. Whereas in the next game he'd have a better chance of joining as a completely re-imagined character, potentially leading into an awesome reboot like Pit in Brawl.
In short, I want Takamaru, but I'm not sure if I want him now.

Slippy:

Chance: 1%. I can't see him being anything more than a joke character and I doubt he would ever get chosen over Wolf or Krystal.

Want: 0%. Even as a joke character this does appeal even a little bit.

----
Nominations: Jill Valentine x3, Excitebike x2

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Are you guys abstaining from rating Slippy?
*looks at the title again* Whoops, totally missed him!

Slippy
He doesn't seem to have a lot going for him. Despite his popularity in Japan within the series, he still doesn't place too highly with them in terms of DLC, losing out to both Krystal and Wolf alongside a number of other potential candidates. In the west, it's not even a contest due to the general strong dislike for the character and most throwing their support to other characters. The poor little guy just doesn't have much to stand out from the crowd, so he may not be able to join in.

I didn't play 64, so I never saw the character at his worst for most of the fandom, so I don't feel strongly on him either way.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Takamaru:
Chance: 7%

Slippy:
Chance: 8%
Want: 3%

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Can anyone explain to me why most people here( and anywhere else) think that assist trophy status( and pokeball status) instantly means they wont be included in the roster no matter what? I can't seem to find an interviews from Sakurai that confirms this "criteria" and I want to know whether or not this is fan-made gibberish or a legit argument.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Takamaru

Chance
5% - The strongest chance out of all Assist Trophy's, but still low because, again, he's an assist trophy. He had consideration from Sakurai, but the western audience doesn't know him all to well, so that's still a hindrance. He's got a shot for Smash 5.

Want
1% - Honestly, I don't know what it is, but I don't really want him. His design... just kinda bores me. I understand he's a samurai, but he looks like a generic samurai (a blue haired samurai at that, heck just call him Samurai Marth). To top it off, he's a sword user. That's the killing blow for me. I'm. Done. With. Swords.

Slippy

Chance
.01% - Competition from Wolf and Krystal, there's also the fact that Slippy is largely hated for his roles in the Star Fox games. I really don't think this could actually happen, of course, with Sakurai, literally anything can happen.

Want
5% - He'd be an interesting joke character I suppose, but... at the expense of Wolf? I don't think so.

Predictions:
Ashley - An assist trophy, so people will rate low. 2%
Dark Matter - Ah, remember this classic Kirby Villain? People might rate low due to the absence over the years, so 3%.

Nominations
Vaati X5

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone explain to me why most people here( and anywhere else) think that assist trophy status( and pokeball status) instantly means they wont be included in the roster no matter what? I can't seem to find an interviews from Sakurai that confirms this "criteria" and I want to know whether or not this is fan-made gibberish or a legit argument.
While we have yet to find a source that talks about it, it seems like a legit reason for characters that take Pokemon or Assist trophy within the specific installment would not be playable, but those can become fighters for future installments

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
A lot of people believe this, but I've yet to see any evidence. We had a whole day of ratings on that a while ago, so you can see what everyone's reasons for/against believing that are.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why. Da. ****. Does. Everyone. Hate. Sword. Users. IF THEY UNIQUE WHY DA **** IT MATTER. Plus Takamaru's got an invisibility thing.
It's alright, they're probably scrubs who would not stand a chance beating the first level of the game. They might as well get on our level (Or git gud) if they want to appreciate how good he is. :troll:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
While we have yet to find a source that talks about it, it seems like a legit reason for characters that take Pokemon or Assist trophy within the specific installment would not be playable, but those can become fighters for future installments
If I've learned anything from my time arguing about the roster( before and after the game was released), it's that fans will normally always make up baseless arguments on the fly when they desperately need one. If there's no source or evidence that backs up the claim, then it's about as legit as that claim which stated that Mewtwo wouldn't be in the roster because his trophy was already in the game.

A lot of people believe this, but I've yet to see any evidence. We had a whole day of ratings on that a while ago, so you can see what everyone's reasons for/against believing that are.
Can you please link me or state a page number? I don't know where to start looking.

[EDIT]
Never mind, the link took awhile to work properly, thanks for the link.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Takamaru's chances: 1%

Like a couple of others have said, he is the most likely promotion, as he was considered and is pretty much the most common NPC -> playable request (besides Ridley who was shot down entirely). But he still has a defined role in the game already and there are plenty of popular choices who do not. Maybe next time.

He'd be an ok choice, but I've personally never been a big fan, and frankly there are several other assists I'd rather see make the jump to playable.

Slippy Toad's chances: 1%

Wolf and Krystal alone make any other Star Fox character very unlikely. Doesn't help that he has a notable hatebase.

Want: 10%

I don't mind Slippy, but he's not a very good choice for Smash. That said, I'd prefer him over Krystal.

Ashley prediction: 2.47%
Dark Matter prediction: 2.99%

Nominations: Bomberman x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Why. Da. ****. Does. Everyone. Hate. Sword. Users. IF THEY UNIQUE WHY DA **** IT MATTER. Plus Takamaru's got an invisibility thing.
For me, it's just that I'd like a break from all the sword users added to the game. There are some unique sword users, like Link and Robin (can Robin even be considered a sword user, I mean he does have one, but...), but even still, I'm getting kinda bored of just seeing several characters on the roster that use a sword in some way. More so, I'd probably be OK with other sword characters by next Smash, but I personally don't want anymore through DLC.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Slippy
Chance: 25%
Want: 80%

Takamaru
Want: 60%

Ashley Prediction: 2.13%
Dark Matter Prediction: 4.44%

Nominations:
Leon Powalski x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
A tad low on time, so only ratings today.

Takamaru
Chance-1.5%
Want- 75%

Slippy
Chance- 3%
Want- 10%

Ashley Predictions- 2%
Dark Matter Predictions- 4%

Nominations:

Adeleine x6
Sami x4

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Takamaru:

Chance: 1% He's already in the game as an assist trophy. He'll probably be in Smash 5.

Want:ABSTAINED

Slippy:

Chance:

4%

Wolf is probably coming back and I doubt we'll have a fourth Star Fox rep.

Predictions:

Ashley: 2.56%

Dark Matter: 1.58%

Nominate

Lloyd Irving x5

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Takamaru:

Chance: 1% He's already in the game as an assist trophy. He'll probably be in Smash 5.

Want:ABSTAINED

Slippy:

Chance:

4%

Wolf is probably coming back and I doubt we'll have a fourth Star Fox rep.

Predictions:

Ashley: 2.56%

Sami: 4.58%

Nominate

Lloyd Irving x5
Why are you predicting for Sami, Dark Matter is the other one?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Takamaru
Chance: 1.4%
Assist Trophy and already discussed by Sakurai why he didn't make the roster. I'll give the retro samurai a score of only 1.4%.
Maybe next time...

Want: 15%
I honestly don't see the appeal of this character, but he is a Nintendo character from a franchise without a playable representative so that automatically nets him a few extra want points from me. He seems to have the potential to be cool.

Slippy
Chance: 2.6%
If we get a DLC Star Fox character, it will more than likely be Wolf. I'll give Slippy the Toad a score of 2.6%.
I don't think the new Star Fox game is going to help him out very much...

Only because he would probably tick some people off when playing against him.

Predictions - Ashley: 4.5%, Dark Matter: 0.8%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Takamaru
Chance:0.5%
AT promotions? Probably not happening.
Want:20%
Let me say this first before writing anything down: I fully support Takamaru coming in as a newcomer for Smash 5. He was already in my top ten this gen, he'll probably end up being top 5 in the next one. Maybe Kamiya could have actually done a reboot/sequel by that time, giving Sakurai a bigger reason for his inclusion other than being retro. So I don't hate the charcter.

The reason for my want score being so low is because of a simple reason: He's an AT!
This might be a strange reason for not wanting a character, but it makes sense if you hear it, sorta. The thing is, while Takamaru is one of my most wanted, he's not THE most wanted: that position belongs to Ray, a lucky little robot that somehow ended up not being an AT, and actually giving him a chance to be included in the game. With great timing too, I may add. Many characters, both popular and hardcore, ended up being an AT this round. While there are other major competitors like K.Rool or Isaac, Ray has a small, but possible chance of getting in the game(this depends on how many DLC we're getting though). If the AT restraints are destroyed and all the other characters come flooding in, I'm not 100% sure if Ray would be able to stand against them.

In short, AT restrictions-unfortunately including Takamaru-are what gives my most wanted a chance of being in the game, henceforth my low want score for this generation.
Sorry Takamaru, don't hate you or anything but I can't give up my most wanted over you.

Slippy
Chance:9%
Want:1%

predictions:
Ashley:8%
DM:Abstain

Nominations: Bomberman x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Takamaru
Chance: 4% - His fan base seems to have died down a lot since SSB4 was released.
Want: 80%

Slippy
Chance: 0% - I can't see him overcoming his massive hate base when Sakurai basically confirmed that he's aiming for fanfavorites.

Ashley prediction: 2%
Dark Matter prediction: 2%

Nominations: Azura x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
TAKAMARU
CHANCE: 3.60%
WANT: 54.33%

SLIPPY
CHANCE: 5.73%
WANT: 17.68%
I for one am shocked that Slippy is considered more likely than Takamaru. Apparently being an Assist Trophy is more damming than being considered the Scrappy Doo of the franchise. Next up we're rating Ashley and Dark Matter from Warioware and Kirby. Also please predict what score Snake and Sylux will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also please predict what score Snake and Sylux will get tomorrow.
Ashley (WarioWare) x177
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) x170
Dark Matter (Kirby) x163
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x157
Waluigi (Mario Bros.) x155
Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x150

Sylux (Metroid) x141

Did I miss some sort of announcement or was this an honest mistake?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ashley

Want: 2%
Blah blah, same arguments as before. No, just because you're an assist does not prevent you from being in, but it's not a great help either. Anything can happen, but NPCs have little ballot support so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Underrepresented series, but Wario's half Mario series anyway, so it's not too painful. And I like how 'OMG TOO MANY SWORDZMENS!' seems to be a problem with most people, but an overuse of magical ladies isn't...
Dark Matter

Wait, isn't this just Wizzro from Hyrule Warriors?
True, he's Sakurai-era Kirby, but Sakurai is desperately trying to prove how not biased he is. Besides, isn't Bandana Dee the favorite Kirby series DLC? And then Magolor? See what we complained about Slippy...
Snake: 20.0%, Sylux: 15.0%

Nom: Classic modes x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ashley

Chance: 3.5%
Ashley's a popular character from the warioware games, and is easily the second msot popular character behind Wario himself. Of course being an Assist Trophy is not going in her favour, and there's also the fact that warioware may not be a big enough franchise to garner a second rep, even though Ashley would easily be that second rep...but then again Fire Emblem has as many reps as Zelda so what do I know?

----

Want: 85%
I've grown to adore Ashley actually...I started researching her actually on 9-Volt's day, she's got a fair amount of potential as a fighter, being a witch and she's got her little devil friend, Red who can shapeshift into various items such as a staff (as shown in her Assist Trophy) and broomstick, so they could work as a tag team in a way...Anyways, I would love to see Ashley become playable despite never playing any Warioware games, just because she's be an awesome fighter methinks...

----

Dark Matter!?

The real villain of the Kirby games, and has influenced some of the other villains that followed after such as Magolor and such...Bandana Dee is pretty much hogging any spotlight for a 4th Kirby rep, and Magolor takes up whatever attention's left behind...Dark Matter is sort of just left behind and I see not even a handfull of people asking for him...

----

Want: 5%
Not too familiar as I don't play Kirby all that often, but perhaps he may surprise me...at the same time...not really interested...

----

Predictions:
!Rerate: Snake: 16.5%
Konami's even worse off than they were before, methinks Snake's best chance of returning to Smash is if Nintendo buys the franchise...or I could just be overexaggerating the situation and he could be one of the next placeholders after wolf, who knows...

Sylux: 1.2%
Metroid Prime: Federation Force has all sorts of **** hitting all sorts of fans...During the whole debacle Tanabe has expicity confirmed that it was indeed Sylux's Delano 7 at the end of Prime 3 and that he plans for Sylux to return in Prime 4 (which won't be released until the NX :() As a result its 'popularity' has been boosted slightly...Sylux's chances imo are not that great given Sylux not even having any significance over the series so far and a lot of the support it's getting is no more than thirst for a metroid rep so far...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
!Rerate: Impa x2

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Ashley

Assist trophy ):

Want: 35%

Dark Matter

Predictions

Sylux: 8%

Snake: 33%

Nominations

Hades x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Okay, I'll assume the sudden change of nominees is intentional.

Ashley wants you to learn her name or she'll horribly mutate you.

Chances: 0%

Assist Trophy, no more reasoning needed.

Want: 5%

No thanks.

Dark Matter:

Chance and Want: Abstain

I have no idea who this is.

Predictions:

Sylux: 10%

I'd love to predict higher, trust me.

Snake: 40%

I don't know, but a veteran, so he's got that going for him.

Nominate: skip for today while I see who I'd really like to rate.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ashley:
Assist Trophy
Want: 15%
I don't really think Wario needs another character to represent the franchise, plus Captain Syrup would be my pick for a Wario character.

Dark Matter:
Bandana Dee is the forerunner for the next Kirby rep by miles.
I don't really want anyone else in the Kirby series besides Bandana Dee (and Prince Fluff but that ship has sailed and sunk).

Predictions:
Snake: 20%
Sylux: 25%

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh 5x

D

Deleted member

Ashley

When will we stop rating characters that are already Assist Trophies?

I don't care much about her.

Dark Matter

He's a villain who originated from a Kirby game without any of Sakurai's involvement AND has competition from Bandana Dee.

I don't care much about him either.

Predictions:

Snake - 10%

I'm expecting some inflated chance scores that completely disregard Konami's current situation, but that and his veteran status can only get him so far.

Sylux - 5%

Nomination: Crash Bandicoot x5

Let's get this dead horse beating over with.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Ashley:

Chance - 5%
Want - 10%

Dark Matter:

Chance - 15%
Want - 30%

Prediction:

Sylux - 8%
Solid Snake - 14%