• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Karate Joe
Chance: 15%
Want: 55%

Crono
Chance: 5%
Want: 80%

Takamaru Prediction: 2.59%
Slippy Toad Prediction: 19%

Nominations:
Young Cricket x3
Shy Guy x2

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Karate Joe's chances: 15%

Rhythm Heaven character requests are fairly common and might have been planned originally, so I still think one has a good chance. Karate Joe does have the advantage of being very reoccurring, though after thinking about it a bit more I could see Marshal and Chrous Kids doing better on the ballot and thus being more likely to be picked instead, so I'm going to drop my originally planned score of 20%.

Want: 100%

I want a Rhythm Heaven character as I've stated on previous days. Karate Joe's recurring status and the fact that I personally feel he'd be the best fit make him my top choice. One of my most wanted overall.

Crono's chance: 1%

Iconic RPG, certainly not the least likely choice Square Enix has, but I don't see him being picked over something like a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character.

Want: 50%

Usually third parties like this would score low here, but for some reason I wouldn't mind Crono. I've never even played his game (though I want to), but he still somewhat interests me.

Takamaru prediction: 3.41%
Slippy Toad prediction: 12.49%

Nominations: Bomberman x5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Karate Joe

There seems to be a heavy hidden presence of Rhythm Heaven in Smash 4, so they might as well add a character. However, with so many characters to choose, Karate Joe has some competition.

Want: 25%
I'm more of a Marshal guy.

Crono

Chance: 3%
Even if his game was a big deal on the SNES, he's a third party from the same company that can offer Black Mage and Slime.

Want: 80%
I've played his game and I see his potential with all his single, double and triple techs and his magic attacks. Plus, Chrono Trigger has really awesome music which could potentially appear with him.

Nominations:
Bubsy x5

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Karate Joe
15% chance 30% want
Crono
1% chance 1% want

Takamaru predictions:7%
Slippy predictions:15%

Bomberman x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hey, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice and @PK_Wonder, I'm noticing Sora and Black Mage are pretty close in nominations. Thoughts on pulling strings to have them be on the same day, since they're more or less the frontrunners for a Square-Enix character?

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Hey, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice and @PK_Wonder, I'm noticing Sora and Black Mage are pretty close in nominations. Thoughts on pulling strings to have them be on the same day, since they're more or less the frontrunners for a Square-Enix character?
I noticed that both are placed after Medusa

I wonder when those things are going to be updated?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
If their still close to each other by the time we get to them, I'll consider it.

Karate Joe
Chance: 1%
Want: 20%

Crono
Chance: 0%
Want: 10%

Takamaru prediction: 4%
Slippy prediction: 1%

Nominations: Azura x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KARATE JOE
CHANCE: 11.72%
WANT: 39.32%

CRONO
CHANCE: 2.43%
WANT: 28.83%
Sorry for the very late update. Next up we're rating Takamaru and Slippy Toad, also please predict what score Ashley of Warioware and Dark Matter of the Kirby series will get tomorrow.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru:

Chance - 4%
Want - 10%

Slippy:

Chance - 15%
Want - 10%

Prediction:

Ashley - 4%
Dark Matter - 6%

Nomination - Smash 5 has 10 year wait cycle x 5

D

Deleted member

Slippy Toad

Isn't this character despised by the majority of the Star Fox fanbase?

Want: 0%

I don't hate him by any means, but I have no interest in seeing this character in Smash.

Takamaru

He's already an Assist Trophy.

Want: 70%

Predictions:

Ashley - 5%

Dark Matter - 5%

Nomination: Snake x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Takamaru

He's an Assist Trophy...He was however considered to be playable but Sakurai feared his obscurity would've been an issue, thus his inclusion as an Assist, and being a Retro character was probably dropped in favour of Duck Hunt who is much more well known internationally...Takamaru may very well make it into the next game and may end up being Smash 5's Little Mac in that regard, especially since his support has grown considerably and is one of the more favoured Assist Trophies..

----

Having an actual Samurai in the lineup would be cool...There are a few other current Assist Trophies that I would much rather have (Midna, Dark Samus, Waluigi, Ashley, etc) but I probably won't be too upset if he comes in...Samurai's are cool...

----

Slippy Toad

Double 5's for this round...Wolf holds priority over any StarFox character for his vet status...after Wolf Krystal has a lot of support that makes her a strong contender...after both of them we are pretty much done with any StarFox character getting in...Not to mention Slippy is one of the characters that is remembered for being annoying in game in the same vein as Navi from OoT...

----

Wolf and Krystal are really the only Star Fox characters I'd care about...anyone else is just excessive...

----

Predictions:
Ashley: 3.4%
The very popular Warioware character...who's also an Assist...

Dark Matter: 2.3%
Probably the true Kirby Villain...his future in the series seems a bit dire, though a lot of Villains tend to borrow some of his mechanics if I recall correctly...Not too much support with Bandana Dee leading the charge and Magolor with mediocre support behind him...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
!Rerate: Impa x1
Sylux x1

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru's chances: 4%

His AT status alone had turned away any consistent support and his requests in Japan had dwindled since then (meaning there won't be Ridley or Waluigi levels of ballot support). He couldn't make it pass the initial planning stages in the main roster due to lack of Western familiarity and it only refers to his situation before Nintendo would decide to bring The Mysterious Murasame Castle westward a few years ago. Perhaps things should be better whenever a certain Platinum Games director wants to bring the samurai back to life.

Grew attached to the character since my first exposure through a ROM, caught up with any Nintendo title that featured him from Samurai Warriors 3 to Nintendo Land, and bought the legal copy on my Nintendo 3DS. Needless to say, Takamaru is my go to choice for a potential revival character and he's basically a more projectile happy version of your average samurai. Just imagine what happens when Misturugi and Pocky & Rocky had a baby and you got a potential high tier swordsman in Smash 5.

Slippy's chances: 30%

A reoccurring member of the Star Fox mercenary team and the one who created a majority of the technology for them. So things like the Arwings and their other important abilities wouldn't be possible if it were not for him. But that still doesn't stop him from being "The Scrappy" of the Star Fox games due to his tendency of needing to be rescued and girly voice. This reputation alone is enough for people to not want him unless they are Japanese (since he's well received there) or Miyamoto expanding his role in Zero redeems his character. Plus, Krystal has way more support than him despite his relevance and we might get Wolf as DLC in the end.

Want: 60%

Favorite member of the Star Fox team and I've always wanted this old inventor to be playable over the likes that barrel roll obsessed old coot. Just imagine his Final Smash using an Arwing and crassing on people due to his carelessness. Perfect! :troll:

Ashley prediction: 3%
Dark Matter prediction: 6%

Nominations: Style Savvy x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

UMG first time i get bonus noms! Nom nom nom....

Takamaru

Chances : 14%

+Ever since his recent appearances in the US, he's gotten some popularity.
+Sakurai said he was considered, so that's something
-Assist Trophy.

Want : 57%

Slippy

Chances : 4%
Want : Abstain

A annoying frog, that is all. The only thing saving him is the fact he's the guy behind :foxmelee: / :falcomelee:'s stuff, which can be cool.

Predictions

Ashley : 8%
Beginning to make me think ATs and related shouldn't be voted here.

Dark Matter : 14+%
A interesting character, even though i haven't even played a Kirby game... ( ironically, :4kirby: himself is at the very top of my KO record chart in both versions of SSB4... )

Spending my bonus nominations on

Black Shadow ( F-ZERO ) X10

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Takamaru

Assist trophy

I'd be willing to try this guy out.

Slippy

Want: 1%

Predictions: Ashley 3%

Predictions: Dark Matter 5%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru
Chances: 3%... Poor ninjurai boy, he is already in the game...
Want: 25% he could be really cool, if he gets a new game we might see him in the next one...

Slippy
Chances: 5% he isn't wolf... everyone wants wolf
Want: 10% with luck, he could be a interesting AT

Predictions: Ashley 11%

Predictions: Dark Matter 4%

Noms:
Bomberman x5

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Takamaru
Want: 90%
He's got almost no chance for DLC but better than third parties!

Slippy
Chance: 20%
Want: 25%
First Party and prominent enough. Not an assist!

Predictions:
Ashley: 2%
Dark Matter: 5%

Noms: Lana x 5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Takamaru.

Chance: 0.5%

He already is a AT... Maybe another day

I'm okay with him

Slippy Toad:

The Ultimate Joke Character... Almost everyone hates him.

Want: 55%

The Ultimate Joke Character xD

Predictions: Ashley and Dark Matter.

Ashley chance: 4%

Dark Matter Chance: 6.5%

Nominatons...

@JackerX , @ Troykv Troykv , @Nimbostratus , and @ Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J all win the extra nominations for Karate Joe. Troykv also won for Chrono, so he gets an extra ten today.
Wow O.O

Nominations:

Rerate! Snake x7
Adeleine x3
Rerate! Pichu x5

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Takamaru:
Chances: 10%
He's already an Assist Trophy. Sakurai did consider him for Smash Bros. but he later said the reason why he wasn't added was because he felt Takamaru was too obscure.

Want: 75%
I love anyone who wields a katana. Takamaru would bring the traditional style of the samurai to Smash Bros and would make an excellent fit in Smash. I also want a bunch of Famicom characters to get into Smash anyway.

Slippy Toad:
Chances: 20%
First party character that isn't in the game already from a medium sized franchise. Plus has a fanbase and is notable for being a joke character.

Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal are the only Star Fox characters I want in Smash. Anyone else seems excessive and unnecessary.

Predictions:

Ashley:
Chances: 5%

Dark Matter:
Chances: 5%

Nominations: Samurai Goroh 5x

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Alright! Extra nominations! Happy Shinmyoumaru dance time!!
Nominations: Rerate of Isaac X8 (Golden Sun) - Ghirahim X2

Takamaru:
Chance: 2.6%
It's a shame that he's just an Assist Trophy. At least he's in the game...

Seeing Takamaru as an Assist Trophy sliced my heart to threads. I just started to support him here on Smashboards and had faith that he would make the cut as a playable character, but...

Despite that, I have a strong belief that Takamaru is going to be Smash 4's Little Mac (And hopefully Isaac if he makes it) - an awesome character with great playable potential that has been relegated to an Assist Trophy, but I believe that if Nintendo were to make a strong push to remind the audience of who Takamaru is, he'll make it next time.

Slippy Toad -
Chance: 4%
He's one of the least liked members of the Star Fox team, so that greatly damages his Ballot Support. (I'm okay with Slippy - just act more competently and stop being a magnet for Andross's forces!)

Wants: 5%
The Star Fox characters I want in Smash 4 are Wolf and Krystal - Wolf arguably has the most priority, and Krystal would be a unique character choice too. I don't see as much potential in Slippy as I do in Wolf and Krystal. To quote Oikonny:
Stick to the pond, Froggy!
Ashley: 6%

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Takamaru

Darn you, assist trophy status (though thanks for giving him exposure).

Ever since Little Mac's reveal, I thought of how great a Captain Rainbow reunion could be. Takamaru's a character that has been considered by Sakurai since the early days, but has missed his opportunity due to being unknown outside Japan. However as the years have passed, he's been getting more exposure thanks to Samurai Warriors, Nintendo Land, Smash and his game finally being released worldwide. Would he be a simple swordsman? Of course not. Invisibility, windmill swords, lightning attacks (that differ from Robin's), just to name a few, can help him differentiate from most swordfighters.

Slippy Toad

So he has to compete for limited DLC spots against Wolf and Krystal... good luck.

Want: 20%
He's the clumsy engineer of the team... I see potential here. However adding him would just seem unnecessary in my opinion.

Nominations:
Bubsy x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Slippy Toad, the most hated beloved character ever, noone everyoneever asked for him :
Chances: 4% He's got a few things going for him, but Wolf is going to get in before him, period. Then after that, if Star Fox were to get a fourth rep, which I don't see happening, he has to compete with Krystal, so uh yeah, have fun with that buddy. Poor guy gets so much hate, that I'm sure even Sakurai would stay clear from him, even if he scores high on ballot.
Want: 0%No points for ear destroying voice

Takamaru:
Chances: 0.8% He's a assist, so I can't see him happening, he'll be a frontrunner for next game for sure though.
Want: 0% No interest ,sorry.

Predictions: Ashley: 4% Dark Matter: 6%

Nominations: Jirachi x 5

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So here we have a highly skilled samurai...and a not-so-highly-skilled pilot.

--

Takamaru

How the mighty have fallen...or at least been relegated to other roles. A trendy pick for the obligatory retro newcomer, Takamaru's chances were bolstered by moveset potential and by a Nintendo Land attraction named after him and--surprising everyone--a Virtual Console release of his game, including translated versions! Needless to say, his reveal as an Assist Trophy instead caught a lot of people off guard. Later on, we found out that Takamaru was considered, but the developers decided he wasn't well known enough, and went with the very famous Duck Hunt dog instead.

Takamaru's seen minor support in places. The samurai has gained a following, especially now that people know who he is. He still has a decent amount going for him, even, as his unique repertoire helps him stand out even amongst all the other swordsmen.

And all of that hardly matters since he's already in a non-playable role and Sakurai has shown no signs of changing that.

Oh, well. With the position he's in right now, at least, he's an early frontrunner for Smash 5.

Want: 40%
I didn't know a whole lot about the guy until last June or so, but he seems rather interesting. Maybe I'll give him a shot however many years from now.

Slippy

Chance: 4%
The more...well, disliked member of the Star Fox team, Slippy is most known for being the frog with the high pitched voice that you have to constantly bail out of trouble. Though he has little skill as a pilot, his prowess with machines still makes him a valuable member of the team...sort of.

Slippy's odds aren't looking good, and there're a number of factors that work into it. For one, the fact that he's...well, disliked means he hasn't had much of a support base. For two, it's been hard for him to garner any support when he has two very prominent figures from his own series stealing all the attention. With how many people assume two Star Fox characters couldn't possibly happen, what would they say about three? And for three, he hasn't offered a whole lot to the imagination: where Wolf has an already-existing moveset for fans to reminisce about, and where Krystal's fans go on endlessly about how unique and easy to make her moveset could be, most of Slippy's moves would have to be created from scratch...or worse, he could end up another semi-clone of Fox!

Even with Star Fox Zero on the horizon, and even with him having a so called "greater role", it'll come far too late to have any impact on his negligible chances.

Want: 15%
With few ideas for moves and few compelling arguments for his inclusion, I'm having a lot of trouble getting interested in the idea. It certainly doesn't help that there's a different Star Fox character that I've been very interested in for a while now. Between Krystal and all the other candidates we've seen, perhaps the bar was set too high.

Ashley Prediction: 2.63%
Wario is the sole representative of his sub-franchise, but with a role as a summon already and little to go off to create a moveset, she won't find many friends here.

Dark Matter Prediction: 2.38%
Bandana Dee is hogging the spotlight, and Magolor's taking up most of what remains. An evil being from an old Kirby game who is actually controlled by a different being entirely? Can't say I see this being very high.

Nominations: Absol x5

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Takamaru

Takamaru has gained some considerable support for a Smash Bros inclusion in the months leading up to Smash 4's release from what I remember. Indeed, we don't really have a lot of katana-yielding fighters, and coming from a relatively iconic NES game, Takamaru definitely has the potential to be in Smash Bros. Only problem? He's already an assist trophy in the game. That alone already hurts his chances a lot, even if one they decided to do the "Toon Link and Spirit Tracks stage" treatment. He was considered at one point for a a roster inclusion though, but the main reason why it didn't happen in the end was because Sakurai realized that Takamaru wasn't well known worldwide compared to within Japan where he was heavily requested. That being said, I have a feeling he'll be the Little Mac this time around. That is, he will first appear as an assist trophy; then, he'll get a new game starring him sometime between now and Smash 5's release, and finally, Takamaru's inclusion on the Smash 5 scene.

I got to admit he looks very interesting for a fighter. The only real Japanese style fighters we have on the Smash roster currently are Greninja (Ninja), Sheik (Ninja), and Ryu (Karate master). Takamaru would add another interesting Japanese style of fighting to the mix thanks to his Katana and using ninja-stars to the fullest extent. My first experience with Mysterious Murasame Castle was with that Nintendo Land minigame, and it really makes me want to see Takamaru and his franchise develop into something great. If it will be Smash 4, that'd be cool, but I have a feeling I will want him more when Smash 5 is announced.

Slippy

Slippy is an iconic character in the Star Fox series, not to mention that the Smash 4 roster still needs a few more gun users added to the fray. I believe these two facts are what keeps his chances from reaching zero, but the main issues he currently face is that he has serious competition with Wolf and Krystal for another Star Fox rep and the fact the Star Fox community generally doesn't enjoy Slippy compared to other Star Fox characters and end up treating him as a joke character.

Want: 15%

Sadly, he isn't the Star Fox rep I want to see getting in as DLC. Like many others here, I would prefer seeing Wofl or Krystal fill that role instead.

Predictions:

Ashley (WarioWare): 3.56%
Dark Matter (Kirby): 7.05%

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x3
Gallade (Pokemon): x2

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Oh no, look, another blue-haired swordsman :awesome:

Takamaru chances: 3.3%
So we know Sakurai has considered him, but rejected him for his lack of fame. But what if... the Smash 4 Assist Trophy appearance is enough to give him exposure and finally make him playable material? He's still popular and fondly remembered by Nintendo through various cameos and references as well as an international release of his game, plus he would be maybe easier to create as a fighter due to the reusable assets from the AT.

Takamaru want: abstain
I enjoyed The Mysterious Murasame Castle, the fast-paced top-down 2D gameplay is really fun (though I stopped playing it because of an OP boss <_<) Not sure if he's what Smash Bros. needs though.

-----

Slippy chances: 0.35%
I don't see what this guy has going for him to be honest. We already have two members of the Star Fox team in Smash Bros. and he has to compete with the more popular Krystal. His saving grace is that he's the engineer behind all machines and accessories used by the Star Fox team.

Slippy want: 0%
Not interested at all. His voice is annoying and his inclusion would feel like it's pushing it. We already have Fox and his main sidekick to represent the Star Fox team, and neither Slippy or Peppy need to be playable.

-----

Ashley prediction: 2.94%
Oh yeah, another Assist Trophy. It won't be pretty.

Dark Matter prediction: 4.11%
He doesn't seem to be pushed very much.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice could it be possible to reveal the current state of the nomination list? Since PK_Wonder seems to be unavailable for now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I enjoyed The Mysterious Murasame Castle, the fast-paced top-down 2D gameplay is really fun (though I stopped playing it because of an OP boss <_<) Not sure if he's what Smash Bros. needs though.
An overpowered boss eh? Was it Ryokusame (The third lord) because he is one of the more annoying lord's due to his apparitions alone.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Takamaru:
Chance: 6%
Takamaru has been rejected directly by Sakurai, but with the reason that he's not known/popular in the west.
But the difference between this and the rejection of Taka and that of Chrom, the Icies and Ridley, is that something has happened that "solved" Takamaru's problem.
The ballot.

Since the main game release, it's the big thing that's happened.
And while it doesn't make Chrom unique, Icies possible and Ridley smaller, it could show Sakurai that Takamaru is a known character in the West.

It was the spiriitual predecessor to this very day, Takamaru day on the old RTC.
I came and wanted to give Takamaru a mere 10% in want, but I read a post about how Takamaru could use Shogi pieces to his advantage.
I raised the rating.

Then I asked about Iado and other eastern swordtechniques and @ Pacack Pacack answered.
I raised the rating.

In the end my want rating went to 70% and then my newfound hopes were killed.

"FYI I'm an Assist Trophy"

RATERS ON MY TAIL.
GROOSE HELP ME.

Slippy Toad
Not a big gunner in speculation land.
He has too much good choices on his tail

Saaaaalt!

Ashely: 5.5%
Dark Matter: 3.4%

Nabbit x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It was the spiriitual predecessor to this very day, Takamaru day on the old RTC.
I came and wanted to give Takamaru a mere 10% in want, but I read a post about how Takamaru could use Shogi pieces to his advantage.
I raised the rating.

Then I asked about Iado and other eastern swordtechniques and @ Pacack Pacack answered.
I raised the rating.
I'm honored to be a part of the reason for your wanting Takamaru. Thank you.

Takamaru:

Chance: Abstain

Incredibly informal as I only rate myself in this game rarely. I just want to raise the want score a little.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Takamaru
Chance: 10%
Probably a high percentage for everything that we know of Smash 4 currently as well as the ever popular talking points of how he's an AT already, not that well known in the west, lolswordsman, but he's also a character (one of a literal handful) that has been "in consideration" since Melee. He's going to get over that hump one day and since Sakurai is prone to throw curveballs, I've adopted the belief that anything goes from this point forward, hence my rating here.

One of only six characters in all of the Nintendo-verse combined that I'm pining for in a post Smash 4 world and the lynch pin for a "perfect" roster imo, Takamaru has my absolute support for Smash just for the wealth of interesting things his archetype could bring (a strong kill blow focused fast swordsman who relies on eastern fighting styles [predominantly iaijutsu/battoujutsu] and has THAT kind of arsenal for support and ranged fighting as well), his history as the "lost" 1986 sibling, and the general imagery and art direction that his franchise could bring to the forefront with an inclusion versus the worlds represented by the other members of the Smash cast.

Slippy
Nothing's impossible, but I don't see it happening. Not enough noise being made.

Want: 10%
Would be a cool novelty, but I don't think he'd get a lot of play from myself.

Nominating
Lip
Mike Jones x2
Chrono (Chrono Trigger) x2

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
- Takamaru -

Chance: 8%
- I don't think his chances are high, because he is already an assist trophy, yet he was considered during the development and he has a lot of support. For Smash 5? I think he has great chances. For DLC now? I don't think we will see him, unfortunately.

- I gave him 60% want, even though I've never even seen his game... I- I just like him, for some reason... I don't know why...
Plus, a Samurai on the roster would be all kinds of neat!

- Slippy -

- He has almost nothing going for him. But to be honest? Slippy is a character I can see being added as a "joke" character by Sakurai. But since he stated that from on there will only be "fan service", I don't think Sakurai will play this card.

- I know he is hated, but you know what? I don't care. I always liked this clumsy fella and (Warning: Opinion ahead!) I would choose him even over Krystal... (In case you're wondering, I don't hate Krystal for some reason, I'm simply not a fan of her.)

Predictions:
Ashley: 6%

Nominations:
1x King Boo, 2x Mother Brain, 2x Viruses

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Oh no, look, another blue-haired swordsman :awesome:

Takamaru chances: 3.3%
So we know Sakurai has considered him, but rejected him for his lack of fame. But what if... the Smash 4 Assist Trophy appearance is enough to give him exposure and finally make him playable material? He's still popular and fondly remembered by Nintendo through various cameos and references as well as an international release of his game, plus he would be maybe easier to create as a fighter due to the reusable assets from the AT.

-----

Slippy chances: 0.35%
I don't see what this guy has going for him to be honest. We already have two members of the Star Fox team in Smash Bros. and he has to compete with the more popular Krystal. His saving grace is that he's the engineer behind all machines and accessories used by the Star Fox team.

Slippy want: 0%
Not interested at all. His voice is annoying and his inclusion would feel like it's pushing it. We already have Fox and his main sidekick to represent the Star Fox team, and neither Slippy or Peppy need to be playable.

-----

Ashley prediction: 2.94%
Oh yeah, another Assist Trophy. It won't be pretty.

Dark Matter prediction: 4.11%
He doesn't seem to be pushed very much.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice could it be possible to reveal the current state of the nomination list? Since PK_Wonder seems to be unavailable for now.
The current top 10 are as follows:
Sylux - 175
Snake - 175
Crash - 175
Sora - 170
Waluigi - 165
Vaati - 158
Tails - 158
Black Mage - 157
Medusa - 157
Homecoming Hijinx - 154

This doesn't yet include nominations given after I ended the last day.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
The current top 10 are as follows:
Sylux - 175
Snake - 175
Crash - 175
Sora - 170
Waluigi - 165
Vaati - 158
Tails - 158
Black Mage - 157
Medusa - 157
Homecoming Hijinx - 154

This doesn't yet include nominations given after I ended the last day.
Has something happened to PK Wonder? I haven't had a post Liked by him in a few days now, and I heard that's how he keeps track of what he's tallied...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Nominations:

Crash Bandicoot x5

aiii, I know I'm already not gonna like the ratings on him, but I must cry out for him

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Sora's owned by Disney.

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice Plus, I'd actually like to be here when we're discussing Sora's chances so can we hold him off till Friday?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Takamaru

Chance: 10%
He was considered, but relegated to AT status. Looks exactly like what happened to Little Mac, so I'd not be surprised to see him in 5mash, but Brawl didn't have DLC, so Takamaru could show up even earlier. See all previous arguments to the feasibility of making NPCs playable. He's very well received, so they may consider making the jump.
Only thing hitting him in want right now is that we probably aren't getting much DLC.
Slippy

This one I don't see. There is a clear frontrunner for the next StarFox character, and their second-favorite is barely treading water herself. Slippy would have to wait for at least one of those to get in or there would be riots, but he's probably have to wait for both. And StarFox is nowhere near important enough to get as many PCs as the Zelda franchise.
Ashley: 5.9%
Dark Matter: 2.9%

Nom: Classic mode x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Takamaru
Chance:
0%

Assist Trophy
He would have been cool.

Slippy
Chance:
0%

No ballot support, has to compete with requested characters like Wolf and Krystal, and a very hated character.
No.

Ashley Prediction: 1.65%
Assist Trophy
Dark Matter Prediction: 4.99%
Bandana Dee

Nominations: Young Link 5x

First Spyro, then Owain. Which dark lord of the old RTC thread is next?

*takes a deep breath*
It could be worse. We could be rating the other, more dangerous dark lords... such as Lucas... from The Wizard, Sandbag, and, everyone's favorite, the Yarne and Owain Tag Team. :p

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Takamaru? 2% Chance 35% Want
Do you know how long it's been since we've had a game even remotely about Takamaru? We were lucky to get him as an assist trophy in the first place.

Slippy Toad? 5% Chance 20% Want
Do we really need to round out the Star Fox roster? The rabbit dude is more likely to make it than Slippy.

Predictions? Ashley 2.98% Dark Matter 1.86%

Nominations? 1x Party Phil 1x Rerate Spyro 3x Concept: Smash 5 will be a Playstation All-Stars crossover

Top Bottom