• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Bob, Bob
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For chance, their support is nonexistent and their popularity, iconic status, and influence don't compare to Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and several big third party characters yet to be in Smash.
For want, I never played their game.

Meowth Prediction: 3.14%
"*Blank* is doomed" has to be my new catchphrase.

Speaking of doomed...
Nominations: Owain 5x

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Bub & Bob

Chance: 1%
I'm actually wondering if these guys actually have any support.

Want: 0%
This is my introduction t them and their series, their game seems interesting, but I'm not really interested in seeing them in Smash.

Nomination: Sora x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Bub & Bob

Nah, just not seeing it.

Want: 30%
If we're talking duo characters, :popo: first please. (Let me dream...)

Predictions for Meowth: 2% Chance, 45% Want

Nominate Homecoming Hijinx x 5

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
With the most recent Sakurai interview, some re-rates might be in order.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't think they are needed really, for the most part, we're just going to give predictable 0%s anyway.
Given the general ratings we get here, the salt (comments like "he was never likely to begin with") will be bigger if we rerate some of them, and I don't think it's needed.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think they are needed really, for the most part, we're just going to give predictable 0%s anyway.
Given the general ratings we get here, the salt (comments like "he was never likely to begin with") will be bigger if we rerate some of them, and I don't think it's needed.
Even if the results may seem predictable, since a new piece of information regarding character selection is now available, re-rates may be necessary if we want more accurate, up-to-date ratings. Just disregarding it would, to some degree, defeat the purpose of this thread.

Also, while I hate to say this, this thread has never been the most sensitive to others' feelings. :ohwell:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not sure how "accurate" rerates can be when the vast majority of people rate a character that isn't the one they want with logical arguments, including double zeros, or if someone inflates a character's chances by pure trolling. There was that one time on Geno's day when some guy rated him 100% chance for no damn reason other than to make himself look dumb(I guess), for instance. Zero chance ratings are logical when discussing characters with pre-existing roles, explicit reasoning, or those with an overwhelming amount of obstacles in their way such as Ridley, Assist Trophies, and most third parties, but most people will simply rate "nope 0-1% on chance i don't give a damn about this series/character" without arguing it. Zero want ratings are understandable for reasons I don't need to explain.

So a rerate, I feel, would be incredibly skewed for some characters.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Bub ~

Chance: 0,4%
Another rather obscure 3rd party character, that has not proven himself very popular amongst the ballot voters, so I don't see it much possible, but the Ballot brings most character up to a 4 semi number.

Want: 15%
Actually, I think Bub is cool itself, but it is far from something I would want that much in Smash, but the idea of something of a Mascot Smash sort of game style would fit his design.

Meowth: 27%

Nominate: Doshin the Giant x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai's quote "It's going to be fanservice till the end" only reaffirms that popularity is going to be the most important factor for the ballot.

Who are we planning to re-rate, in any case? I suppose K. Rool, Isaac etc. will see a rise in chance, and others will go even lower. Hmm....

:231:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I don't think it's significant enough news to warrant rerates. I mean, didn't most of us already think we were getting multiple ballot characters?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think it's significant enough news to warrant rerates. I mean, didn't most of us already think we were getting multiple ballot characters?
I think it's more the fact that DLC has been described as "fan-service" and that popularity and fan demand will be crucial factors from here on out. Not to mention that it seems we're just about done with pre-ballot choices.

Most of us already figured that, but having a confirmation changes things up a bit. Regardless, if people feel the need for re-rates, I'm sure we'll see nominations for it and act accordingly.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/...in-the-battle-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-481/
From now until the end, it is going to be fan service [2] , but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters [3]. I also ask for your patience, as we need time to develop more content.
At this point, I think my time with the Rate Their Chances thread is going to be significantly less so at this point. The quote explicitly states that after Ryu, Lucas, and Roy, there's only going to be characters chosen specifically for the ballot, directly meaning that unpopular surprises are out of the question, making my perspective on those types of characters rendered useless.

I gotta be pretty honest here, those unpopular surprises were the reasons why I got very hyped for DLC and loved Sakurai in general. It was nice to get popular characters every once or so (those characters didn't really get me hyped because I did expect some of them to happen), but he really excited me the most with newcomers like Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Duck Hunt, and Dark Pit. With that type of newcomer gone, now the hype is shattered in half yet again. (by "yet again" I also refer the Bayonetta arguments too after finding out I couldn't find a solution to get her stripping to work.) I'm probably going to move on, by tomorrow.

It also makes speculation and the RTC more predictable too where the popular get the highest ratings and unpopular get the lowest, which makes the thread more boring to read. Personally, I find the RTC thread to be slightly more pointless IMO. I'll probably be around to defend when needed, but I am probably not going to rerate some of the characters like Isaac and K. Rool again since it only requires a simple explanation of ballot = great shot at this point. This was basically the place where I gave it my all with rating characters as fairly as possible, I have no real reason to rerate again. I'll likely nominate, but not rerate.

Just wanted to share how I feel with this current news.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not to mention that it seems we're just about done with pre-ballot choices.
Sakurai is not what he seems. Nothing is what it seems.

You of all people should know that. :4robinm:

Joke aside, this is speculation. Remember that misleading and trolling is Sakurai's forte.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Plus, we've seen how his team favors characters with a lot of potential. Nothing saying he couldn't pass up on some popular characters with issues in favor of mid-level characters that could be really interesting additions.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Bub/Bob's chances: 0.5%

Obscure third party, miniscule support, Square Enix has several characters that would make more sense. I don't like giving zeroes in chance, but I came pretty close here.

Want: 0%

No interest whatsoever.

Meowth prediction: 3.92%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Not much time. Also, not much to say about this one
Chance: 0%
Obscure, 3rd party, no support, yadda yadda

Want: 5%
Don't really care

Meowth Prediction: 3.21%

Nominations:
Shy Guy x2
Young Cricket x2
Leon Powalski x1

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Bub/Bob:

Chance: 1% Very obscure.

Want: Abstained.

Meowth Prediction: 4.76%

Nominate Wolf Rerate x5.

I said this wasn't needed, but after the interview today, I changed my mind about this.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
- Bub/Bob -

Want: 2%

No time to explain!

Meowth Prediction: 5%

Nominations: 2x Mother Brain, 2x Viruses, 1x King Boo

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how "accurate" rerates can be when the vast majority of people rate a character that isn't the one they want with logical arguments, including double zeros, or if someone inflates a character's chances by pure trolling. There was that one time on Geno's day when some guy rated him 100% chance for no damn reason other than to make himself look dumb(I guess), for instance. Zero chance ratings are logical when discussing characters with pre-existing roles, explicit reasoning, or those with an overwhelming amount of obstacles in their way such as Ridley, Assist Trophies, and most third parties, but most people will simply rate "nope 0-1% on chance i don't give a damn about this series/character" without arguing it. Zero want ratings are understandable for reasons I don't need to explain.

So a rerate, I feel, would be incredibly skewed for some characters.
I'd just like to point out that that 100% rating for Geno was one of the very few ratings that I never counted. I was originally going to count it (very reluctantly) but seeing how the person who posted it was actually giving "likes" to the posts calling him out on it made me strongly believe that he was just trolling.

Also an important announcement. After Meowth's day is over tomorrow I'm going to try doing double ratings everyday. This is mostly because the nominations list has way too many bottom of the barrel characters near the top and I want to try to trim it down a bit.

Bub Bob
Chance: 0% - This isn't even rounded down. I can't realisticly think of a reason why they'd even be considered. They're not just third party their bottom of the barrel third party, with almost no support at all.
Want: 70% - At least their cute.

Meowth prediction: 4%

Nominations: Snake Rerate x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
BUB AND BOB
CHANCE: 1.74%
WANT: 15.12%
That awkward moment when B. B. Bandit Trio are considered more likely. Next up we're rating Meowth and predicting what score both Owain and the concept of a Shin Megami Tensei character will get tomorrow.

@ Drason Drason and @ Roaring Salsa Roaring Salsa I counted your scores.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meowth

This Pokemon's already an NPC. Nothing more to say here.

Want: 75%

A feline fighter would be a unique addition to the series.

Predictions:

Owain - 0%

"Doomed." - @XenoBrawler610

Shin Megami Tensei Character - 5%

I predict this concept will be vastly overrated by some thanks to the crossover with Fire Emblem.

Nomination: Snake x5

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

:052:

Chances ( 17% ) are low due to the fact Meowth appeared in SSB64/Brawl/SSB4 as a Pokeball Pokemon. Any consideration was probably made before being... y'know... put away.

Would i want Meowth? OF COURSE! (87%) One of my top picks for Pokemon newcomers.

Edit : Forgot the rest. Do'h!

Owain Prediction : Near 5%

People here have already made it clear they're not interested in a new FE Newcomer with it's current representation. Also i lack familiarity with Fire Emblem, but that will change when i get my hands on Fates

Shin Megami Tensei Character : Near 8%

Another series i lack familiarity with. They may be some sort of school kiddos fighting with magic powers and stuff but i dont know how that'd work out in Smash really.

Noms : Black Shadow X5 as usual

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
RIP Maddie Blaustein.

Meowth:

Chance and Want: Double zeroes.

Pokeball summon. Many better choices. Unpopular. Barely has potential compared to other Pokemon. That's all there is to this rating.

Owain prediction: 2%

Ho boy.

SMT character concept prediction: 40%

Could go both ways.

Nominate: Sylux x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So many irrelevant shmucks are being rated. Who even nominated Owain?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
No need for the cynicism, mate...if people care about the character enough to nominate them let them...they can deal with any zeros when their day comes...RTC is getting to the point where we are basically dealing with mostly longshots anyways...

----

DAAAT'S RIGHT!!!

:052:Meowth

Chance: 0.1%
After Sakurai's statements, I'm not really expecting any long shots whatsoever, and seeing as Meowth is pretty much a career summon, he doesn't really have any chance to begin with...Even in 64 which was pretty much his time to shine, but got deglected over Jiggs because she was easier to make...despite the fact that Meowth is pretty much the most iconic pokemon character that is not playable so far.
There really isn't too much else to say, most characters from here on out will get very low chance ratings from me (barring a few possible Rerates) since we are well past the top Ballot Contenders...which seems to be what Sakurai's most likely going to focus on for the remainder of DLC...

----

Want: 40%
He'd be unique in a way, having a very cat-like moveset...He'd no doubt be a light and fast character like Pikachu with an emphasis on a ton of scrathing and coin tossing...
My interest in Meowth isn't so great but

----

Predicitons:
Owain 0.45%
Fire Emblem....nope...
Shin Megami Tensei (aka that game I have to recheck a half dozen times for spelling) Character 3.4%
also...nope...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3 (Zelda Campaign! You start in a Forest region, fending off deku babas, and skulltulas; while heading to Death Mountain chalk full of Dodongos, Keese, and bubbles; until reaching the Haunted Temple full of Redeads, Stalfos, and Poes...until making you're way to the final area where you face the one and only Queen Gohma...as you go through each region of the Zelda campaign you have to collect a sacred treasure in order to unlock the final area, each treasure is guarded by a Darknut!)
!Rerate: Impa x1
Sylux x1

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Meowth
He already has a role in the game as an npc pokemon
Want:0%
No thanks, The gen 1 pokemon I'll accept are Squirtle and Ivysaur, besides them, I want pokemon from gens that don't have a playable character yet

Predictions
Owain 3%
SMT 3%

Nominate all veterans returning x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Meowth
Chance:
0%

It has a defined role already.

Want: 75%
...Which is a shame. I would easily take Meowth over Jigglypuff.

Owain Prediction: .72%
YES! THE DARK LORD SHALL RISE AGAIN!
...I-I mean he has no chance.

SMT Character Prediction: 3.48%
I am very, very doubtful of this, even with the Fire Emblem crossover.

Now then... what to nominate...
Well... there is one character that has a high score for some reason. He is massively overrated and, now with the news out now, I am now even more doubtful than I was before.
I demand a rerate for...

Nominations: Young Link 5x

Me, with the help of @Leafeon523. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
:052:, That's right!
Chances: 3.64%
Most of what I said about Gengar can apply to Meowth - in that Generation RGBY of Pokémon already has a fair share of representation in Super Smash Bros, the difference being that Meowth already has an active role in Super Smash Bros, being a Poké Ball summon. I think Meowth might have a better chance for Smash 5 or Pokkén.

Want: 35%
Meowth could provide an interesting feline moveset like Felicia or Taokaka, so that'd be interesting to see - but I don't have a strong desire for him right now. Maybe next Smash when the Pokémon selection is a bit more balanced across the other generations. Perhaps he could get lucky and become another Pokémon that gets promoted to playable status like Charizard, but that requires more than a few lucky coins.

Owain: Not even Phoenix mode will help him. 0.63%

An SMT character - I'm more familiar with the Persona games, admittedly. 5%

Nominations: Sylux X5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ Erureido Erureido wins the extra five today.

This one I'll do now.

Meowth's chances: 0.5%

Arguably the most iconic Pokémon not yet playable and isn't an extremely uncommon suggestion, but the support's probably not enough, and regardless he is a summon already. I stand by my opinion that summons will remain as such for this game.

Want: 100%

My favorite Pokémon and one of my favorite Nintendo characters in general, and one that's fairly iconic and I know I'd like how he'd play. Hands down my choice for a new 'mon, I'd love to have him join in, even though he's probably never will at this point.

Also I don't mind him being someone else from the first generation. Most of the best choices are from there anyway, in my opinion.

Owain prediction: 0.49%

Put the last letter in his name in front and what does it sound like?

Shin Megami Tensei character prediction: 2.77%

This will do poorly too.

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Meowth

Pokeball
Want: 70%
He's cool, but since his chances are low....
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:troll:
*You all secretly want the BB bandit trio more*:awesome:
Predictions: Owain? 1%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Meowth...

Chance: 5%

Meowth.... The Cat Pokémon... with appears in any Smash... as a... summonable Pokémon... yeah...

Want: 50%

I'm okay with him

Predictions time!: Owain (... Eh? Someone gives nominations to a non-Fire Emblem MC?... That is weird...) and Concept: SMT Character

Owain chance: 1%
Concept SMT Character: 2.5%

Nominations:

Rerate!Snake x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Meowth

Chance
10% - From what I recall, Meowth was considered for Smash 64, and in fact, is the only character that was considered for Smash 64 that originates from a video game and hasn't been included as playable yet. Recall, that he is a Pokeball Pokemon, so his chances are definitely cut by that (However, his Pokeball was strangely absent in Melee, and he had an interesting trophy in said game, so...). There seems to be an abundance of Gen. 1 Pokemon, but this generation does hold the most remembrance of all. However, after all these years, I feel he would have been included already, so his chances seem slim.

Want
0% - A generic Meowth, that's not what I want.

Or originally intended. No, I didn't want a generic Meowth that pops out of the Pokeball and uses Pay Day, I wanted a different Meowth, in fact, one that doesn't know Pay Day...

Yes, as odd as it sounds, I kinda hoped Meowth would somewhat represent the Meowth of Team Rocket. This Meowth wouldn't use Pay Day at all, unlike his Pokeball counterpart. This Meowth would mix his claw attacks like Scratch and Fury Swipes with technological equipment that Team Rocket has become known for. Although, exactly how I feel about the Pokemon show being represented in Smash is a bit weary (although trophies in multiple Smash games seem to refer to the universe), and Meowth isn't a character I'm dying to see. Regardless, he'd be interesting.
So, this is my true want rating, disregard the first one.
80%

Predictions: Owain - At this point, no matter who you are from Fire Emblem, you're a no hoper. (DKC2 reference FTW) - 3%
Predictions: Shin Megami Tensei character - maybe a bit higher... 8%

Nominations:
Vaati X5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Meowth

Chance - 0% - He's a Pokeball, guys. He's as certain as Ridley.

Want - 25% - Bleh. I'd rather have more influence from the games than the anime, and the concept of Mewoth is badly overshadowed by many pokemon. Seriously, I think Jigglypuff ended up the better Pokemon in the end; You can't replicate her playstyle with any other mon, while Meowth would just be any ol' cat.

Predictions

Orwain - 0.76% - Having a succesor in the next game will do you no favors.

SMT character - 4.56% - Third parties don't go over well, but they do have an offical crossover...

Nominations
Karate Joe X4
Secondary Ballot X1

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chance: 10%

Meowth is easily one of the most iconic Pokemon out there. It's largely thanks to his role in the anime he is a Pokemon that many people are familiar with. He had that much fame and glory that he was supposed to be included in Smash Bros 64 as a playable fighter, but was unfortunately cut and used as a Pokeball Pokemon instead. Despite these odds, he is still a popular and famous Pokemon to this day that he still has some decent support for a Smash Bros inclusion.

However, there are two major problems that are holding him back from joining the roster. First off, he has the same issues as Gengar is facing right now on the potential Smash roster scene. He is a generation 1 Pokemon, and although generation 1 is a fan favorite and the most nostalgic for many, we already have 4 generation 1 representatives on the Smash 4 roster: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Mewtwo. At this point, many Smashers would be more interested in seeing a Pokemon outside of generation 1 to join the roster, and adding another Kanto-originated Pokemon would be a bit much. Second, and perhaps the biggest setback, he already is a Pokeball Pokemon in the game. Sure he could get the "Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage" treatment where Pokeball Meowth wouldn't appear at all if fighter Meowth was partaking in a battle, but even then it would be rather complicated to handle this kind of treatment.

This reason would arguably make his chances around 5% or less, but the reason why I gave him a 10% rating is because of his very strong icon status and the fact he was once considered as a potential fighter in a past Smash Bros game.

Want: 20%

I think the Team Rocket Meowth would be an interesting addition to the Smash Bros roster. We are yet to see a real feline fighter, so I can understand why people want to see him join in similar to Jibanyan. He's also a memorable villain too, and considering that many fans want more villains on the roster, it too makes sense for his inclusion. However, like I stated back when I rated Gengar's chances, I am one of those people that thinks we already have another generation 1 representation on the Smash 4 and thus prefer a representative that didn't debut in Red/Green at this point.

I should also stress again that the title for my most wanted Pokemon to join the Smash Bros roster as DLC at this point is Gallade. Though he debuted in Generation 4, he comes from a generation 3 evolution line and has unique fighting style for a Pokemon. My strong desire for Gallade's inclusion is another reason why I gave Meowth the want rating you are seeing. If I had to pick between Meowth and Gengar, however, I'd be fine with either/or, hence why I gave him the same want rating as Gengar.

Predictions:
Owain (Fire Emblem): 2.39%
Shin Megami Tensei representative: 5.43%

Nominations:

5 extra nominations? Wow, this is a first for me!

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x10

Surprised I'm not nominating Gallade today? Well, I decided I'll give him a little break for now in terms of nominations. For today's occasion, it makes sense to give Descole another added mile until his rating day arrives!

Last edited:
Top Bottom