• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Beast Ganon

Chance: 0%
Already in the game :4ganondorf:

Want: 1%
Um he's kind of in the game.:4ganondorf:

Predictions: Slime 8%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Ganon

Chance: 30%

Want: 100%
He is the true main villain of the Zelda series, he deserves more than just a little cameo in the final smash of Ganondorf, that's also in Twilight Princess style that's not very close to his original design.

It's the most recurring form of Ganon, and there are lots of Zelda games where he is the villain, I mean that he doesn't transform into Ganon, he IS Ganon from the beginning to the end.
In A Link Between Worlds (3DS) the classic version of Ganon is present, and makes an appearance in the first cutscene of the game.

Lastly, he has an iconic weapon, the trident, that's a recurring element and it's currently not represented in Smash, not even as a trophy.
In Hyrule Warriors, there is Ganon with a trident, but he's based on the TP desigh too; at least they tried.
Having Ganondorf and not Ganon, is like having Zero Suit Samus and not the regular Samus.

prediction slime: 5%

nominate: Dark Matter 5x

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Ganon
Chance:
5%

Ganon is important to the Zelda lore as a whole, probably even making more appearances than Ganondorf. Despite this, his ballot support is pretty low.

Want: 80%
Give Ganon some justice in Smash. Ganondorf alone deserves to be more than a clone of Falcon.

Slime Prediction: 4.37%
3rd parties are doomed.

Nominations: Owain 5x

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
GANON:
CHANCE: 7%

It can be argued that Beast Ganon is already in Smash as Ganondorf's Final Smash, although that's not the Beast Ganon the supporters of the idea want, who happens to be hulking, Bowser-ish, trident-toting villain. He was particularly significant in the early Zelda games before OoT introduced the human Ganondorf, and he's still relevant with A Link Between Worlds noting him in the prologue. That said, to the general gamer, he already in Smash in some form and that is an obstacle for him to garner ballot support.

WANT: 33%
Can't say I'm interested. I'm only passingly familiar with him.

SLIME PREDICTION: 5%
Where are you, Cheezy Bites? We need your slimy, goo-ey puns. :p

ASHLEY × 5

:231:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Beast Ganon
Chance: 5%
I'm pretty sure he's already in... but that's not exactly him.

Want: 5%
I just want a new Zelda character.

Slime Prediction: 12%
Bub/Bob Prediction: 3%

Nominations:
Shy Guy x2
Young Cricket x2
Rerate Bandana Dee x1

2 characters I like in a row. yay

Ganon
chance 1%
There are 2 possible situations here.
1. Sakurai believes Dorf's final smash encompasses all ganons this means he is deconfirmed.
2. Sakrai believes Pig ganon from games like Link the the Past are separate entities but he doesnt really care for that version as he doesn't have a trophy.

either way it's not a good sign. He isnt exactly popular either unfortunately

Want 85%
just below Midna and tetra. With a trident and crazy magic I what love what this pig could bring to the table.

prediction 15%

noms
Agnes Oblige 5

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Beast Ganon

Chance: 10%
I think he is in a competition with Impa.

Want: 100%
I love his design, also i love villains and heavyweights
Also the main Zelda antagonist could finally have an unique moveset

nominations: Sami x5

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Ganon
Chance:0%
He is in the game as :ganondorf:Final Smash
Want:5%
I want the Twiilight Princess one which we all know is never going to happen
Nominations:
TalimX5(SoulCalibur)

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Ganon:

Chance: 1%
Well, he's got a lot to go against. Plus there's the stigma of "Oh great, two Links, two Zeldas, and now two Ganons!" (Unless they replace 'Dorf.)

Want: 25%
Impa first. Then Tingle.

Predictions for Slime: 3% Chance, 25% Want

Nominate Homecoming Hijinx x 5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Beast Ganon Chance:
10%
The Trident Ganon definitely has merits when it comes to importance to the Zelda series. He's definitely not the same Ganon you see in Ganondorf's FS since they are considered different characters like with Link and Toon Link. However, he likely has never been considered by Sakurai with Ganondorf in the game already even when A Link Between Worlds brought him back recently. He doesn't have the demand to get Sakurai to notice that this version of Ganon is wanted either. If that demand isn't notably conveyed before the ballot is over, he's likely not going pick Ganon anytime soon. I really hope that demand soars by the time Smash 5 comes, because I really want to see him in the game sometime.

Nominations:
x5 Every Veteran Returns

StormC

Smash Hero
Beast Ganon Chance:
10%
The Trident Ganon definitely has merits when it comes to importance to the Zelda series. He's definitely not the same Ganon you see in Ganondorf's FS since they are considered different characters like with Link and Toon Link. However, he likely has never been considered by Sakurai with Ganondorf in the game already even when A Link Between Worlds brought him back recently. He doesn't have the demand to get Sakurai to notice that this version of Ganon is wanted either. If that demand isn't notably conveyed before the ballot is over, he's likely not going pick Ganon anytime soon. I really hope that demand soars by the time Smash 5 comes, because I really want to see him in the game sometime.

Nominations:
x5 Every Veteran Returns
Where's your want rating bro?

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice There's no need to post my post now (thanks anyway) since I got brief time on my phone to post.

Chance: 15%. Characters like Impa, Tetra, and even Young Link are all hearty competition for another Zelda character. It remains to be seen whether or not Sakurai would consider Classic Ganon to be the same character as the Beast Ganon in Ganondorf’s Final Smash. Speaking of, the fact that we already have Ganondorf deters most from wanting him. Still, he has his fans and there isn’t anything explicit barring him from entry.

Want: 60%. This is everything you want in a Zelda newcomer. A classic character who has been around since the first game in the series. One of the most iconic Nintendo bosses ever. A heavyweight magic-using villain with a trident. He’d be an extremely unique fighter, to say the least. He’d also round out the Zelda roster perfectly with two Links, two Zeldas, and two Ganons, while giving us a unique Ganon moveset without having to remove the Falcondorf moveset, and a character that represents the top-down Zelda series. Although I don’t like having more than one version of the same person in Smash (transformations aside), I’d be willing to make an exception for Ganon for two reasons: because of timelines you can make a solid case that he isn’t the same person and character as Ganondorf (much like the two Trunks from Dragon Ball), and the fact that he is visually completely distinct from Ganondorf (to the point where besides their names, a person looking at the characters side by side wouldn’t think they have any relation) and would share exactly 0% of the same moves. The only reason he isn’t higher is because I can think of at least three characters I’d rather see before him, but Ganon would add so much to the game in both playstyle and representation. By all accounts he’s one of the best choices for both Smash 4 DLC and future Smash games.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Beast Ganon
Chance: 6%
With how important Ganon as a character is to the Zelda lore and franchise, I'm sure Sakurai has at least thought about putting him on the roster maybe back in the Brawl, or even Melee days of development. What happened though is that Sakurai included a form of Ganon as a Final Smash to represent the character, and at this point I don't feel he has plans to make Ganon playable. I'll give Ganondorf's final form a score of 6%.
I wonder if Ganon's Final Smash would be him turning into Ganondorf...

Want: 8%
Unfortunately, I don't have much of a reason to want Ganon. I never play as any of the heavy weight, power characters, and there are two other Zelda characters that I want way more. I can't deny that he's a deserving character though, especially since Ganondorf doesn't have an original moveset. He's just not for me.

Prediction - Slime: 3.1%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You dare bring another Ganon into my roster!? You must die!

Ganon

Ganon is important to the Zelda lore as a whole, probably even making more appearances than his Gerudo counterpart. The fact that his Beast Form from Twilight Princess is in the game hurts his chances and leads certain fans to give him so little ballot support. And despite being another form of a Gannypoo, he is more beastly and has something he lacks (a real weapon). That, plus too many competition for him in the form of Impa and friends.

Want: 80%

We need the original Zelda antagonist in the game and not the wannabe Captain Falcon i9n the roster. More tridents and less punchy, plus that badass porkness to satisfy our Zelda needs.

Slime Prediction: 5%

Inb4 Starphoenix
Nominations: Style Savvy x5

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Another thing about Ganon is he'd diversify the Zelda roster by being a monstrous boar versus five humanoid characters. It's the same thing as having K. Rool instead of another Kong.

Not important, but interesting.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Beast Ganon's chances: 5%

Though rather important to Zelda, he's never been highly requested and he has plenty of competition that would be likely be picked over him. Ganondorf's Final Smash might also hurt him.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't really have a problem with how 'Dorf is represented. Regardless I've honestly never cared much for this choice, only avoids the 0% because it's not quite my least favorite choice for a Zelda character.

Slime prediction: 4.37%

Nominations: Karate Joe x10!

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Beast Ganon (Zelda)
Chance:5%
It's not a zero, but I doubt them bringing a second Ganon into this game unless big ballot support, and before anyone brings out Dr. Mario remember he was originally an alt, and was also a veteran.
Want: 1%
I perfer Ganondorf over Ganon, and I perfer Vaati over Ganon as my next Zelda rep, sorry.

Slime predictions:10%
I'd never have thought I'd live to see the day...

Noms: Bomberman x5

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ganon:
Chance: 5%.
He may be seen as just another form of Ganondorf and he's not getting very much support. That at least puts him on the same level as Tetra, but even Tetra's support is revived thanks to Hyrule Warriors.

Want: 100%. This is the Ganon we should have gotten in Melee, not a silly Falcon clone. As someone said before, having Ganondorf before Ganon is like having Zero Suit Samus with no Samus. This is the true main antagonist of the Zelda series, and this form of Ganon is more unique than a decloned Ganondorf besides, so one way or another, I think he should be in.
In my opinion, the Zelda roster isn't complete until he is.

---
Nominations:
Jill Valentine x3
Excitebike x2

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Beast Ganon Chances -
2.5% Far from highly demanded even among his own series... but we have two Links, two Zeldas, why not two Ganondorfs?

Want 25 After reading moveset potential today, my want has gone up.

Slime predict - 10%

Nominate - Paper Mario x5!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ganon

I honestly doubt his chances are all that great even though he would be a good addition.

Want: 70%

I would be down with Beast Ganon in Smash. He holds historic importance in the LoZ series and can easily be a unique character on the roster. BG along with Impa, YLink, or Vatti would be a welcome addition to the roster IMO.

Prediction
Slime: 4.5%

Nomination
Waluigi: X5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ganon: 15% Sadly I doubt he'll get in considering there are other much more request Zelda characters.

Want: 100% He's a perfect representative for the classic Zelda games and he doesn't use a sword.

Prediction:

Slime: 16%

Nominate Mother 3 Stage x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ganon:

Chance - 5%
Man, this would be a cool character to have for the reason @ StormC StormC listed, but it's only really a pipe dream bandied around on message boards, in the same vein as "Masks Link."

Want - 95%
Great choice, my only reservation comes from the suggestion people have of "Make Ganon a unique character so Ganondorf can keep his old moveset." Ganon getting in does nothing to solve the myriad of problems with Ganondorf's moveset, so it shouldn't be a one-or-the-other deal.

Slime Prediction - 7.5%

Nominate Boss Battles Mode x5

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Chance: 3%

He'd be great. Question is, which version? The bipedal boar, the horned hog in TP and HW, or the tyrant in OoT?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Ganon

Lack of support in the ballot.

Want: 60%
If Ganondorf won't get a new moveset, then he can show what the King of Evil is capable of.

Nominations
Tingle x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chance: 3%

He'd be great. Question is, which version? The bipedal boar, the horned hog in TP and HW, or the tyrant in OoT?
When it comes to Beast Ganon, we are mostly referring to the blue skinned pig from most Zelda titles. I can't blame them since a evil pig wielding a trident is much more appealing than ManBearPig's demonic cousin and a pissed off Pumba on steroids (Dorf's current Final Smash).

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The first Ganon from the original Legend Of Zelda is the most recurring version of the character so it should definitely be him.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ganon
Chance: 1% - He's definitely a good idea on paper, but I have a very hard time imagining that he'd be considered. Sakurai and his team have completely neglected to add new Zelda characters in past two games and even if they change their minds now he still has the likes of Impa, Toon Zelda, and Tetra to conpete with. Also his fan support seems rather limited, I don't even expect him to crack top 100 on the ballot
Want: 80% - A boar with a Trident? I'd support it.

Slime prediction: 3%

Nominations: Azura x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
BEAST GANON
CHANCE: 7.38%
WANT: 47.79%
Next up we're rating Slime from Dragon Quest. Also please predict what score Bub or Bob from Bubble Bobble will get tomorrow.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Slime

A third-party generic enemy whose main feature is merchandising? I'm sure SquareEnix has at least one character who's a bit more capable of being in a fighting game. I can't see this thing getting any more than a random trophy...
Want: 0%
...and I don't want to.
Honestly, we've already got a non-fighting-archetype character. Several. We don't need more WTF characters.
Bubble/Bobble: 2.4%

Nom: Classic mode x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Slime:

Chance: 10%.

The mascot of the Dragon Quest series, the most popular RPG series in Japan. There's some chance he'll make it as a rep but I don't see him pop up in the ballot.

Want: 5% There are other Square Enix characters I would prefer.

Prediction:

Bubble/Bobble: 3.45%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

D

Deleted member

Slime

Chance: 2%

Despite being a generic enemy from Square Enix's popular and beloved Dragon Quest series, Slime has been more iconic than even the several protagonists throughout the series, even iconic enough to star in its own spin-offs.

That being said, Square Enix is still strict with their characters, and I'm not sure how they would feel about a playable Slime in a fighting game.

Want: 75%

Out of all the Square Enix properties, the ones I'm most interested in seeing represented in Smash are the Dragon Quest series and Final Fantasy I-VI, but I'm not entirely sure how I would feel about a playable Slime.

Prediction: Bub/Bob - 1%

In the words of @XenoBrawler610:

They're doomed.

Nomination: Snake x5

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
SLIME?
Chance: 3%. I mean, come on. I'd expect a Goomba before these guys.
Want: 55%, because :rotfl:LOLWTFBBQ:rotfl: but they'd probably never work out.

Bub/Bob?
Prediction: 4.6%

Nominations: Crash x1, Mallo x2, !Rerate Spyro x2

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Slime is the most iconic character in the Dragon Quest series, evident with all the merchandising it is getting and the fact it appeared as a playable character in Mario Sports Mix. The fact it has already appeared in one Nintendo based game already gives it a chance (even though it was because Square Enix co-developed the game that they allowed a few of their characters to cross over), along with its icon status. Outside of that, considering he is supposed to a generic enemy from his home game and Square Enix being strict when it comes to including characters, I just have a hard time seeing him join the roster.

Sorry to say this, but he's not my most wanted third-party representative out there. When it comes to a Square Enix representative, I'd personally prefer seeing the Black Mage join the roster (using his Mario Sports Mix design of course because he looks awesome in that game and is one of my mains); even then, the Black Mage is not one of my most wanted DLC characters out there.

Prediction:
Bubble/Bobble: 1.64%

Nominations:
Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x3
Gallade (Pokemon): x2

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Slime... What?

Is a iconic foe... But... What he actually has to make him a decent Fighter I don't know...

Want: 25%

I don't think that this is a good idea... But sounds funny.

Predictions: Bub/Bob

Chance: 2%

Nominations:

Rerate!Snake x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A Teardrop with a face....

Slime

Chance: 0.1%
As I said yesterday, this guy makes a much sense to become a playable fighter in a 'Nintendo All-Stars' game as a Goomba...Who first of all isn't owned by Square Enix, and is actually recognizable and popular enough to possibly be considered a Nintendo All-Star...
Square Enix has quite a few possibilties for their rep (if they were willing to contribute a playable fighter)...Black Mage to represent their juggernaut of a franchise Final Fantasy, Agnes Oblige for recency, even Geno for his popularity and ties to Mario has more reason to be put in than a generic enemy that for some reason has become a mascot for Dragon Quest...(How does a game called Dragon Quest get a water droplet as it's mascot?)

There really is no reason this....thing...will be added as DLC because for those who haven't heard of it would probably be bewildered as to why a water drop is a playable fighter...heck this thing would be lucky to get a trophy in game if Square Enix decides to share some of their content into Smash...which is something else I highly doubt...

----

Yes, a person that asks for a royal guardian ninja, a magical Imp princess that rides werewolves, a PURPLE DRAGON OF DEATH, and a doppelganger destroyer of worlds would want something that is about as exciting as those flying pancakes from Maridia, or those Leevers from the Gerudo Desert...or how about a Waddle Dee...not Bandana Dee just a regular Waddle Dee...
If I were to choose a common enemy as a playable fighter how about a Space Pirate (Prime design)! or a Darknut (Twilight Princess design)! or even a Shy Guy would be cool as well, as they are actually playable in some games...These guys would actually be interesting fighters with great moveset potential and they could actually add something to their respective franchises as well (not that I'm actively supporting any of them but just for comparison)...

Either way I'd much rather that if Sakurai was going to commit his time to a third party character that they would turn out to be something spectacular...not...this...(y'know someone like Banjo & Kazooie or Shantae or something)

----

Prediciton: 3.4%
Bubble Bobble:bubblebobble:
Well at least he's the main playable character rather than a generic enemy...and he's got his own icon...for some reason...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3 (Earthbound Campaign...you literally go around fighting Starman and other aliens and stuff and chuck Mr. Saturns at everything with UFO's and all sorts of crap...until Porky returns for another round after being bested in the SSE)
!Rerate: Impa x1
Sylux x1

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Slime - Dragon Quest:

Did you know that the slime has its own games

the one we have is Rocket Slime - Dragon Quest Heroes

Also a random tank battle -

While it can carry items, stretch its body, and bounce. It can do a lot more
by calling its knight to ride on its back to act as extra attacks, Summon slime friends, change elements, etc.

The most deadly attack would be to summon a Slime Tank to fire loads of random weapons.

There is also an extensive slime family:
http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Slime_family

Anyways, here is the main attraction.

Want: 20%

Prediction: Bub/Bob - 4%

Nomination: Serperior x 5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
(Huehuehue)

Slime from Dragon quest :
Chances: 0.8% Square Enix's beloved dragon quest series mascot, is third party AND a completely generic enemy.

Literally everything Bandana Dee's detractors say Bandana Dee is, that is Slime, an actual generic enemy, that actually isn't a unique character, and actually doesn't warrant a spot at all. Why would I want some generic enemy to get in over an actual character?

Predictions: Bub/Bob Who? I abstain due to my lack of knowledge on this fellow.
Nominations: Dark matter x 5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Slime

Chance: 0%
I don't see him getting in.

Don't know much about him.

Predictions: Bub/Bob 2%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Top Bottom