• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

While yesterday's debates were chaotic, I can't help but admit that I had fun. I especially had fun with debating with Phoenix Wright gifs.
I hope that I entertained you all with the gifs and arguments and I might do them again in the future (possibly with a whole courtroom session). For now, I bid you adieu, gifs.
edgeworth-bow(a).gif

Oh yeah, the Directory has been updated.

I will be quick on these.

New Palutena's Guidance Conversations
Chance:
0%

I will submit the evidence!

This is "Palutena's Guidance" for Mewtwo.
It seems as though Nintendo knew ahead of time they would create DLC for characters. This Guidance conversation was created so that they don't have to bring in the Uprising VAs for upcoming DLC.
As such, I doubt they will do this in the future.
Want: 50%
Meh.

R.O.B.'s Eye Fix
Chance:
90%

If it's a glitch, I bet they'll fix it.
Want: 100%
It doesn't affect me as I don't play as R.O.B., but I like more expressive characters.

Micaiah Prediction: 4.95%
I think she's doomed.

Nominations: Owain 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
While yesterday's debates were chaotic, I can't help but admit that I had fun. I especially had fun with debating with Phoenix Wright gifs.
I hope that I entertained you all with the gifs and arguments and I might do them again in the future (possibly with a whole courtroom session). For now, I bid you adieu, gifs.
View attachment 56022

Oh yeah, the Directory has been updated.

I will be quick on these.

Chance:
0%

I will submit the evidence!

This is "Palutena's Guidance" for Mewtwo.
It seems as though Nintendo knew ahead of time they would create DLC for characters. This Guidance conversation was created so that they don't have to bring in the Uprising VAs for upcoming DLC.
As such, I doubt they will do this in the future.
Meh.

R.O.B.'s Eye Fix
Chance:
90%

If it's a glitch, I bet they'll fix it.
It doesn't affect me as I don't play as R.O.B., but I like more expressive characters.

Micaiah Prediction: 4.95%
I think she's doomed.

Nominations: Owain 5x
Aww....goodbye Phoenix Wright Objection gifs. We barely knew ye.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Is that glitch the reason why ROB doesn't make that funny expression when he "flexes" in his victory animation anymore?

Oh well, maybe Sakurai and the team don't know about the glitch, I also think they don't know about the infinite Light Weight Palutena glitch.

The guy who nominated this should probably send some tweets or messages to Nintendo and Sakurai if he wants this fixed.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
New guidance conversations:

Chance: 3%
The only way it'd ever happen is if there was a huge outcry for it, which is unlikely to happen.

Want: 70%
I like these conversations, and I'd really like to see how Pit and co. reacts to each individual DLC character.

R.O.B. Eye glitch fix:

Chance: 50%
They'll fix it sooner or later which means I have have to kiss my replays goodbye again.

Want: 0%
I don't use R.O.B, so I don't care. Even if I did use him, he's still a non-humanoid robot, so I probably wouldn't even miss it.

Prediction: Miciaiah
Chance: 2%
Want: 1%

Nomination: Sora x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I used to have Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, and Hades in my prediction rosters all the time back when I was a baby speculator. :p
I always thought that Twitter photo of Dark Pit and other figurines was suspicious. :L

StormC

Smash Hero
Abstain from predictions.

Want: 50% for both. The KI Guidances were a nice idea, but definitely not as good as the Snake codecs. I don't care for R.O.B.

Beast Ganon 5x

Micaiah prediction: 5%

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
New Palutena's guidance:

Chance: 5%

Want: 5%

Rob's Eye Glitch Fixed:

Chance: 70%

Want: 40%

Nomination - Medusa x 5

Micaiah Prediction: 7%

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh? Double ratings? Very well...

Concetp: Palutena's Guidance

Chance: 10%

Eh... With the special conversation with the "Another Dimension" Characters... I don't see this probable

I love this conversations.

------

Concept: Fixing R.O.B.'s Eyes

Uh... This a very simple thing xD... It's basically if they notices that.

The expressions are so funny xD

----

Predictions: Micaiah (Oh god... This day probably hurts haha, but also will be interesting xD... I don't think that can do a super post in her defense... But I will try something).

Chance: 6%

Nominations:

!Rerate Inkling x2
Adeleine x2
Concept: Battlefield/Alpha Stages x1

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Copying from a previous post

For those wandering what the issue is, in the 'SMASH' mode (and maybe online, I don't know). For some reason, R.O.B.s eyes don't seem to animate, at all.

This means:
No glitchy eyes when hurt
No sad eyes when grabbed
No angry eyes when performing up or down throw
No occasionally nodding off when standing still
No occasionally facing the screen and blinking (Can be seen in Classic ending)
No drowsy eyes when confused
Instead its just the same eyes the entire time.
For some reason they work fine in the 'Games and More' modes

R.O.B. eye bug fix x5 uh I mean chance: 95%
Its a very minor thing and they did fix the other R.O.B. glitch in the last update yet still left this annoying bug in. However it is still a glitch and they've fixed or the other glitches.
Its probable they simply weren't aware of it since it is minor and nearly noboby talks about it. Thats the reason I've been nominating the hell out of it. The amount of people saying they weren't aware of it until today just goes to show that my plan is working. I'm spreading the word so that the more people who notice the more likely Nintendo picks up on the glitch and fixes it.

Now some pics
HNI_0046.JPG

Do you notice the lack of angry eyes? Usually when R.O.B. performs this move (Down throw), He has an angry expression.

HNI_0073.JPG

This is a picture I took in All-Star, this is whats meant to happen when he is grabbed. He is shown to be sad. When in the standard smash mode, R.O.B. does not show his saddened expression. He shows no expression at all

As a R.O.B. main, this annoys me INCREDIBLY! R.O.B. is one of the most expressive characters in this game. He even ocasionally falls asleep when standing still but how are we suppose to know this when he doesn't even closes his eyes.
Please fix this Sakurai, please
HNI_0099 (2).JPG

Pretty please

Oh yeah, Palutena
The placeholders are there for a reason, getting back the voice actors for every dlc character would be annoying so to avoid this Sakurai had a special one made that can be used for all non kid icarus dlc characters.
I loved Kid Icarus Uprising and while the guidances aren't as good as the dialogue from that game because it takes the work Guidance too seriously, they're still enjoyable. I think my favourite is Lucario's. The way Viridi is awe by it is amusing and leaves many ideas. It makes me want to see Lucario in a sequel to Uprising.

prediction: Miciah person
2.1%

Nominate DLC stage pack or whatever PK_wonder wanted x5
@bluepikmin 11
If you remind me afterwards, I want to help out your all cut characters returning nominations.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is that glitch the reason why ROB doesn't make that funny expression when he "flexes" in his victory animation anymore?

Oh well, maybe Sakurai and the team don't know about the glitch, I also think they don't know about the infinite Light Weight Palutena glitch.

The guy who nominated this should probably send some tweets or messages to Nintendo and Sakurai if he wants this fixed.
Actually, for some reason he just doesn't do that anymore, I miss it a lot though and I hope they bring it back when they fix the other issues. You can tell this is not part of the glitch because he still doesn't do it in Master Orders and he doesn't do it in the 3DS version.

Also I don't have a twitter account, I would have otherwise.

@ everyone here, could you please send a polite tweet to Sakurai telling him about the eye problem

Also more pics of this glitchy problem

HNI_0022.JPG

So R.O.B. is getting destroyed by Ike and he looks as if he's fine. Icronically this glitch means he doesn't have the glitchy eyes his suppose to have

HNI_0066.JPG

Its difficul to tell from the picture but both these R.O.B.s are about to be destroyed by Kirby's final Smash. How are you suppose to tell this? They don't look distressed at all, they look like the Grey R.O.B. is hugging the Famicom R.O.B..
This is actually among my favourite pics and it would have been impossible to have taken if the glitch had never existed, but thats besides the point

HNI_0084.JPG

And here is another example of when R.O.B. is suppose to have an angry expression. Yet its completely blank.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
New Palutena Guidance Conversations

Chance - 22.5% - A shot in the dark. I think it's more likely than many people think, as placeholders could easliy be replaced. That said, it's a lot of work for a minor Easter egg, so it's not extremely likely.

Want - 1000% - Yes, it's ten times the allowable want. But I say all Kid Icarus dialog is good dialog.

Repairing ROB

Chance - 99.5% - Only if they don't notice it will it not happen. They'll get to it eventually, even if it's not in the next update.

Want - 100% - As I like playing ROB, why wouldn't I want it?

Micaiah prediction - 13.12% - Robin has her covered, I'd think.

Nominations

Karate Joe x5

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I missed so much stuff yesterday, lol. Probably for %the best.

Anyways.

Concept: Palutena's Guidance

Considering Mewtwo got the generic "who's this guy?" conversation, I doubt this is a priority for DLC characters.

More fun banter, please.

Concept: R.O.B's eye glitch
Chance: 80%
It's weird how it works in some modes and not others. I'm sure Sakurai's aware of it.

R.O.B looks like he has some pretty funny expressions. I'd like to actually see them in the mode I play the most.

Prediction:
Micaiah: 5%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Schedule reminder... (also @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , reminder I'll figure up the R.O.B. eye glitch fix scores tomorrow and message it to you so you can post it all in the same message).

Also, I think we need to have an emergency rating tomorrow since it's the last day before RTC E3 week.

Stage DLC besides Miiverse and Themed Stage packs DLC both need to be rated and discussed (as they are extremely likely to happen on Sunday), and if they are confirmed then, the several people who have rated for themed stage packs will have wasted their nominations. I propose tomorrow either be a triple day, or we postpone Micaiah until we return on Day 62 (with no prediction scores for the stage stuff). No matter what I'm glad to help cover the extra workload.

June 11th - Day 61: Micaiah, no predictions this day (but nominations allowed).
starting Friday, June 12th - Pick Your Top 3 Most Overrated and Top 3 Most Underrated RTC characters so far, and also discuss who you think is the most accurately rated character.
starting Saturday, June 13th - discuss your most hyping and deflating Smash 4 related moment, pre- or post-release; discuss the Smash Mini-Direct.
starting Sunday, June 14th - Nintendo Event Predictions and E3 Discussion
You can discuss all the conferences here, although expect the main focus to be on Nintendo.
Talk about your reactions to the Bethesda, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, and Sony events.
Talk about the Nintendo Digital Event, and the Treehouse stuff. Anything related to E3 2015.
starting Tuesday, June 16th - Cooldown Day
starting Wednesday, June 17th - Nintendo's E3 Digital Direct Satisfaction Scores
Rate your Satisfaction with the entire Nintendo Digital Direct
Rate your Satisfaction for the Smash Mini-Direct
Rate your Satisfaction for each character announced
starting Thursday, June 18th - Most Overrated / Most Underrated Rerate Day
We rerate the two characters as chosen by you. Get em right this time!
Everyone gets a bonus 15 nominations this day! We may be introduced to new characters, we may have DLC confirmations, characters we've already rated may have been given major roles that we didn't anticipate, etc. This will surely change our perceptions of multiple characters, and you can spend these bonus nominations accordingly to what it is important to you guys to rate or rerate.

starting Friday, June 19th - we resume business as usual. Day 62.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Schedule reminder... (also @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , reminder I'll figure up the R.O.B. eye glitch fix scores tomorrow and message it to you so you can post it all in the same message).

Also, I think we need to have an emergency rating tomorrow since it's the last day before RTC E3 week.

Stage DLC besides Miiverse and Themed Stage packs DLC both need to be rated and discussed (as they are extremely likely to happen on Sunday), and if they are confirmed then, the several people who have rated for themed stage packs will have wasted their nominations. I propose tomorrow either be a triple day, or we postpone Micaiah until we return on Day 62 (with no prediction scores for the stage stuff). No matter what I'm glad to help cover the extra workload.

June 11th - Day 61: Micaiah, no predictions this day (but nominations allowed).
starting Friday, June 12th - Pick Your Top 3 Most Overrated and Top 3 Most Underrated RTC characters so far, and also discuss who you think is the most accurately rated character.
starting Saturday, June 13th - discuss your most hyping and deflating Smash 4 related moment, pre- or post-release; discuss the Smash Mini-Direct.
starting Sunday, June 14th - Nintendo Event Predictions and E3 Discussion
You can discuss all the conferences here, although expect the main focus to be on Nintendo.
Talk about your reactions to the Bethesda, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, and Sony events.
Talk about the Nintendo Digital Event, and the Treehouse stuff. Anything related to E3 2015.
starting Tuesday, June 16th - Cooldown Day
starting Wednesday, June 17th - Nintendo's E3 Digital Direct Satisfaction Scores
Rate your Satisfaction with the entire Nintendo Digital Direct
Rate your Satisfaction for the Smash Mini-Direct
Rate your Satisfaction for each character announced
starting Thursday, June 18th - Most Overrated / Most Underrated Rerate Day
We rerate the two characters as chosen by you. Get em right this time!
Everyone gets a bonus 15 nominations this day! We may be introduced to new characters, we may have DLC confirmations, characters we've already rated may have been given major roles that we didn't anticipate, etc. This will surely change our perceptions of multiple characters, and you can spend these bonus nominations accordingly to what it is important to you guys to rate or rerate.

starting Friday, June 19th - we resume business as usual. Day 62.
Is a special case! Freaking triple rate! The most special day ever!

Michigan prediction - 13.12% - Robin has her covered, I'd think.
*Micaiah (maybe problems with a automatic keyboard :p)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New Palutena's guidance:

With the generic one made for Mewtwo, I can see it sticking for further usage. No unique dialogue for the DLC characters would be disappointing, but it's for the best.

While I do love the idea and hearing some funny convos from the KI cast, but I rarely waste time doing so on my free time due to custom moves and all that jazz. So a 50/50 is fine in my book, m'kay?

Rob's Eye Glitch Fixed:

Chance: 65%

I don't know how the **** Sakurai had ignored it at first, but holy hell is this glitch bad. Since this is insulting as a former R.O.B. fan, this ought to be solved pronto so that he would feel as complete as the rest of this cast. If they can take note of the character balance, they can fix this ASAP.

Just solve the problem already Sakurai and no one gets hurt! :hulk:

Nomination - Style Savvy x5

Micaiah Prediction: 7%

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
"Lady Palutena, is that robot okay?"

"I don't know, Pit. It looks like it's malfunctioning."

--

Concept: Palutena's Guidance Conversations for DLC Characters

Chance: 15%
So as we know, the Palutena's Guidance for Mewtwo is a vague one that talks of "someone from another dimension" who Palutena has no info on. It seems to be a catch-all for incoming DLC characters...or could it just be a placeholder for fully realized ones?

To be honest? I don't like the odds. To pull this off, they'd have to bring in the voice actors for Pit, Palutena, and Viridi for every language Smash is released in and have they act out the conversations for every character released. And with there seemingly being months between each character released and no hard limit to how many they're making, they'd likely have to do it multiple times!

As cool as it'd be...it just isn't practical.
Want: 40%
Let no one say I didn't like the ones we got. I thought the writers and actors did a pretty damn good job with them, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more. It's just...not a high priority for me.

Concept: Fix for R.O.B.'s Eye Glitch

Chance: 80%
So apparently a bug in R.O.B.'s code keeps his eyes from animating in most modes. In a pair of games where pretty much every character is deliberately made livelier and more emotive, having one character accidentally seem lifeless and uncanny valley-esque is a pretty big mistake...even if it's one not many have noticed.

Fortunately, we have patches to fix these things now. If enough attention is drawn to it, it'll surely get fixed.

Probably. >_>

Want: Abstain
I have no strong feelings one way or the other on this one. It doesn't affect me much, since I only know one person who uses R.O.B. and we don't exactly get to play each other very often.

Micaiah Prediction: 5.25%
A wielder of light magic and a prominent character in her home game...doomed from the start by how many feel her series is over-represented. Expect a lot of "No more Fire Emblem characters! Except Roy, he doesn't count."

Nominations:
Does the fiasco earlier count as a disaster? Does that mean I predicted it then? :smash:
Absol x10!

Also, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice and @ PK_Wonder PK_Wonder , I think the next couple concepts after Micaiah warrant another double. How about we rate Alpha-Form Stages and Themed Stage Packs (from previous games) on the same day?

...And is there a chance we can rename the latter "Legacy Stage Packs"? It gets the idea across better.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Palutena's Guidance:

Chance - 50%
Not really sure. I think, after the bow has been definitively placed on DLC, the team might call back in the Uprising voice actors to complete the set of guidances. It's the kind of minute detail you'd think they'd value, looking at some other random details emphasized within the game. And yet, at the same time, once DLC is over, the team might also just want to finish the project and move on, without regard for stuff like guidances, custom moves, roster organization, etc. We'll see.

Want - 100%
Not because I like the guidances, I'm pretty sure I've never triggered one in-game to this date, I just prefer completeness.

ROB's Eyes:

Chance - 90%
I mean, maybe it won't happen immediately, but that's the sort of issue they'd be apt to fix sooner or later, right?

Want
- 100%
Polished games > less polished games.

Micaiah Prediction - 9.5%
We'll have one enormously high rating, a few dozen grounded ratings, and a few more pages of back-and-forth about why Sakurai could add her for reasons. Sound about right?

Nominate Remixed Music x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
ROB's Eyes:

Chance and Want - Abstain
What happened to ROB's eyes?

Micaiah Prediction - 9.5%
We'll have one enormously high rating, a few dozen grounded ratings, and a few more pages of back-and-forth about why Sakurai could add her for reasons. Sound about right?

Nominate Remixed Music x5
Copying from a previous post

For those wandering what the issue is, in the 'SMASH' mode (and maybe online, I don't know). For some reason, R.O.B.s eyes don't seem to animate, at all.

This means:
No glitchy eyes when hurt
No sad eyes when grabbed
No angry eyes when performing up or down throw
No occasionally nodding off when standing still
No occasionally facing the screen and blinking (Can be seen in Classic ending)
No drowsy eyes when confused
Instead its just the same eyes the entire time.
For some reason they work fine in the 'Games and More' modes

R.O.B. eye bug fix x5 uh I mean chance: 95%
Its a very minor thing and they did fix the other R.O.B. glitch in the last update yet still left this annoying bug in. However it is still a glitch and they've fixed or the other glitches.
Its probable they simply weren't aware of it since it is minor and nearly noboby talks about it. Thats the reason I've been nominating the hell out of it. The amount of people saying they weren't aware of it until today just goes to show that my plan is working. I'm spreading the word so that the more people who notice the more likely Nintendo picks up on the glitch and fixes it.

Now some picsView attachment 56038
Do you notice the lack of angry eyes? Usually when R.O.B. performs this move (Down throw), He has an angry expression.

View attachment 56039
This is a picture I took in All-Star, this is whats meant to happen when he is grabbed. He is shown to be sad. When in the standard smash mode, R.O.B. does not show his saddened expression. He shows no expression at all

As a R.O.B. main, this annoys me INCREDIBLY! R.O.B. is one of the most expressive characters in this game. He even ocasionally falls asleep when standing still but how are we suppose to know this when he doesn't even closes his eyes.
Please fix this Sakurai, please
View attachment 56042
Pretty please

Oh yeah, Palutena
The placeholders are there for a reason, getting back the voice actors for every dlc character would be annoying so to avoid this Sakurai had a special one made that can be used for all non kid icarus dlc characters.
I loved Kid Icarus Uprising and while the guidances aren't as good as the dialogue from that game because it takes the work Guidance too seriously, they're still enjoyable. I think my favourite is Lucario's. The way Viridi is awe by it is amusing and leaves many ideas. It makes me want to see Lucario in a sequel to Uprising.

prediction: Miciah person
2.1%

Nominate DLC stage pack or whatever PK_wonder wanted x5
@bluepikmin 11
If you remind me afterwards, I want to help out your all cut characters returning nominations.
That.

Also... Do you are talking about me? Well, probably I will give her the highest rate xD

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
New Palutena's Guidance conversations chances: 6.5%
Yeah, I don't see it happening. The generic placeholder conversation was already in the base game, which most likely means Sakurai and his team already anticipated the Guidance thing for post-release characters. New Guidances would require specific voice actors, and it's mostly an easter feature with no direct influence on the gameplay. As such, considering there's not much to lose to not have them, they were most likely considered as something disposable and, for a developer's point, bringing back the specific voice actors for every DLC character may not be worth it.

New Palutena's Guidance conversations want: 70%
I don't care much about Palutena's Guidance, those conversations are nice, but mostly just an easter egg, and not having them is nowhere near as much of a huge deal as DLC characters lacking custom moves which are a major gameplay feature and whose permanent exclusion would absolutely baffle me. That said, I admit it's sad when DLC characters get in-game reminders that they weren't in the base game, even when it's only cosmetic, like being put after the third-party trio in the CSS, not being added in that co-op event match where you have to fight the entire cast, or in the relevant case, not having their own Palutena's Guidance, and as such I give a high want score just as a matter of principle.
I'll honestly be kinda mad if this concept gets a higher want score than custom moves for DLC characters. A major gameplay feature VS a stage specific easter egg, I'm going to really question this board's sense of priorities if the later wins. (I know some people legitimately dislike or don't care about custom moves for what they are, but still...)

R.O.B. eye glitch fix chances: 72%
This seems to be the sort of simple glitch warranting a fix, but they didn't bother to fix it in the recent updates, so maybe they don't care enough or are facing some technical issues...

R.O.B. eye glitch fix want: 80%
I'm not even sure I've noticed this and it's not the kind of thing I'd absolutely want to see, but it seems to be a sad glitch as it is. Again, just giving a high want score just as a matter of principle.

Micaiah prediction: 4.45%
A protagonist from a Fire Emblem game who already has a protagonist playable in Smash. Well, not looking good.

Nominating:
Well, this depends of what stage-related concepts we're rating tomorrow alongside Micaiah. If Battlefield form stages are rated, then there's no need for me to nominate them anymore, otherwise I'll continue giving my nominations as usual.

In other words, if we're rating BF form stages tomorrow, then my nominations are:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

Otherwise:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x4
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x1

Honestly I'd be down with rating the concept of Battlefield form stages tomorrow, I think it has a decent chance to be revealed in the direct presentation, not extremely likely but I think Sakurai may be aware that competitive players actually see platforms as something that adds value to serious 1vs1 gameplay. Though maybe there will be too much things to rate tomorrow... I let you see yourselves if you can handle rating so many things in one day.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm glad I was here for today. On the Parabo and Satebo rating of the old rate their chance, I couldn't make it. Which was devastating since I was pretty much the only one nominating them.

Its really nice to see this bug finally get some attention. Hopefully this increases the chance of the developers noticing the problem if they haven't already.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
New Palutena's Guidance

Mewtwo kind of explains it in a nutshell

Want: 80% They were kind of cool

Prediction: ROB eye glitch 80%

ROB eye glitch

Chance: 90%
Why wouldn't they?

Yeah sure why not.

Predictions: Micaiah 4%

Nominations: Sami X5.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
And now for a picture of what R.O.B. looks like with his angry eyes. I took this in Master Orders.
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01450.jpg

Guidance chance 1%
we already have one that shows it not happening. I dont expect them to be hiring the voice actors again when they have a backup ready.

Guidance Want 100%
KI U has my favorite dialogue in amy game.
Also more viridi

Rob fix chance 90%
Assuming it gets a little publicity it will get fixed.

Rob fix Want 100%

ROB has been one of my favorite characters for a while. Why not make him better?

Prediction
5.5%

Noms
ganon 5

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
New Palutena GCs
Chance- 5%
Mewtwo's is pretty enlightening.
Want- 100%
Love the convos and it would make the DLC characters feel more full and less like add-ons.

Fixing ROB's Eyes
Chance- 85%
It's a glitch
Want- 100%
It's a glitch

Micaiah Predictions- 6%
People are going to be really excited about more FE…
Nominations:
Crono x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
New Palutena Gamecubes GCs
Chance 60%:
While many people say Mewtwo's conversation activation proved everything, I'd say it's a placeholder such that when enough DLC Characters are provided, they will all come at once, so that they don't have to hire the VAs to do conversation every time.

With this possibility in mind, I find it hard to understand why is everyone saying "0% cuz mevtwo" and stuff. Sure this isn't proved or anything, I would just say Mewtwo having no conversation now doesn't mean it would be impossible. It's like the custom moves case, no?

Want 100%:
Duh, especially if whoever you want gets in.

Fixing Robot's Eyes
Chance 99%:
Well it's just a minor glitch to be fixed so why the heck not.

Want Abstain:
Having only the 3DS version, I never understood the issue, nor did I know about these until I've read 8-bit Man's post. So I'd say I know too less to want.

Prediction Micaiah: Abstain
Someone I don't know eeeh

Nomination: Slippy Toad x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
More Palutena Guidances
I don't really know. It could go either way.
I want more of these

Fixing ROB's glitch
Chance: 100%
It's a glitch.
It's a glitch.

Mecaiah Prediction:
3.21%

Nominations:
Leon Powalski x1
Shy Guy x4 (can someone else nominate him x1 just so he'll have 15 by the deadline)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
NEW PALUTENA'S GUIDANCE CONVERSATIONS:
CHANCE: 5%

Just look at Mewtwo's Conversation. I can't say I have a lot of hope.

WANT: 100%
Why not? Nobody says no to free candy, do they? Besides, most of the conversations are great.

ROB EYE GLITCH FIX:
CHANCE: 10%

Well, if it hasn't been fixed after so many patches, I don't see it happening.

WANT: 100%
I didn't know about the glitch, being a 3DS-only player, but being a ROB main myself, why the heck not?

MICAIAH PREDICTION: 6%
Fire Emblem has enough on it's plate already.

ASHLEY × 5

:231:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations:

Chance: 30%
Oh, Mewtwo...

:4pit:Who is that?
:4palutena:I have no data on-- wait a minute, that's Lucas, remember?
:4pit:...Doesn't ring a bell.
:4palutena:Lucas? Remember, the sad one with the powerful up smash?
:4pit:Hmmm... oh, yeah, Lucas!! ...Where's he from again?

Giving R.O.B. his much-needed eye surgery:

Chance: 75%

It's small, I know, but I don't expect this to be overlooked for much longer.

Yes please.

Predictions for Micaiah: 5% Chance, 50% Want

Nominate Medusa x 5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
And now for a picture of what R.O.B. looks like with his angry eyes. I took this in Master Orders.
View attachment 56053
Emotionless R.O.B. Fix:

Chance: 85%

If they put that much love and care into R.O.B.'s animations only for them not to show up, I'm pretty sure that they'll fix it when they realize the issue.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Palutena's Guidance for the DLC characters
:4palutena: - "That's Dr. Professor Palutena to you"

...Right. (anyone know where that comes from)

Chance
10% - It doesn't seem likely at this point, but we know how much Sakurai likes Kid Icarus, so give it time, and it might happen I suppose. But for the most part, Mewtwo's generic "who's that Pokemon" guidance is a big indicator towards no. We'll have to wait until Lucas I guess to make a final judgement.

Want
50% - Bottom line, to make this as easy to understand as possible, I don't care. The only Kid Icarus character I enjoy playing as (ironically enough, because we're talking about her guidance's!) is Palutena, because she isn't Tweedle Pit or Tweedle Pittoo. That said, because I don't usually play as Pit, I never try to activate these guidances. They also don't affect the game play really (they might distract the fighters though), and some people would like the inclusion of moar, and since I don't care if they are there or not, they may as well throw them in, but I won't be ecstatic for them is all.

Through the eyes of ROB

Chance
Glitch fixing is never an easy thing to estimate. All I can say is this:
If they notice the glitch: 100% chance they'd fix it, because why not? It indulges players into the game better.
If they don't notice it: 0% chance they'd fix it, because how can they fix something that they don't notice?

So I guess in the long run, that averages to a 50/50 chance, doesn't it. For the sake of things, I'll just go with 50%.

Want
100% - Robot's have feelings too ya know, so why not let ROB express himself in battle. It's only fair.

Predictions: Another Fire Emblem Character? Really? At this point, I don't find anymore Fire Emblem characters as likely. 7.12%.

Nominations:
Meowth X5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Guidance Convos - 1% Probably a very low priority, and a serious pain for them to record in multiple languages for an Easter egg that only works on one stage in very specific circumstances.
Want - 90% They're delightful, and remind me of one of the greatest parts of KI:U - the dialogue.

R.O.B. eye bug fix - 75% Only reason they wouldn't is if it isn't brought to their attention - which it will be.
Want - 100% I don't play R.O.B. so I didn't really notice this until this was nominated, but this seems like a very simple fix that will only enrich his character.

predict Micaiah - 1%
nominate - Alexandra Roivas x5

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
:4palutena: guidances
Chance: 10% we might know this weekend
Want: 100% taunt chats are fun... but they will have to pay the actors to do them in both languajes...

:4rob: Glitch
chance: 50% why they didn't fix it yet? Maybe is to hard to fix it?
Want: 100% a glitch it's a glitch and they have to fix it now that they can...

Micaiah
Prediction: 5%

Noms: Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I'm not tired or anything today, I just don't have much to say about either of these.

New Palutena's Guidance chance: 10%

It's just an easter egg and would require bringing back the voice actors again, don't really see this being a priority.

R.O.B.'s eye glitch being fixed chance: 80%

I imagine it would be likely to get fixed sooner or later.

Want (for both) 50%

I don't have a strong opinion either way for either of these concepts. I've yet to trigger a guidance and didn't even know the R.O.B. glitch was a thing.

Micaiah prediction: 4.38%

Going to help a few characters reach 15 today and tomorrow.

Nominations: Porky x3, Cranky Kong x2

D

Deleted member

Additional Palutena's Guidance Conversations

I won't repeat what others have stated. It could happen, but I'm not betting on it.

Sure!

R.O.B. Eye Glitch Fix

This could go either way.

Want: 70%

I'm not a R.O.B. player, but I'd be happy for his fans.

Prediction: Michaiah - 5%

Nomination: Fiora x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Palutena's Guidance:
Chance: 1% I'm sorry, but it's way too much effort to get the voice actors back in.
Want: 50% It would be nice, but I don't need it.

Rob Expressions:
Chance: 75% Only issue could be frame rate.
Want: 100% I support Chibi-Robo because he's an expressive robot (among other reasons), why would I want another Robot not to express himself.

Michaiah: 2.3%

Nominations: Andy x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

If Mewtwo was given a very generic conversation with no information provided by Palutena or Viridi whatsoever, then it proves that new Palutena's GCs are very unlikely to happen. Indeed, it would be quite a hassle to call in the Uprising voice actors every time we get a new character.

But I don't think it's not entirely unlikely. I think they could update bring in new Palutena GCs after a certain number of characters have been released. That would be a more convenient thing to do.

I absolutely love codec conversations, and the Palutena's Guidance Conversations are no exception. I especially want to see what they'll have to say about Ryu if he comes out as DLC; unfortunately, he looks like he'll have the same Palutena's GC as Mewtwo, but it's something I wish for nonetheless.

ROB's Eye Glitch Fix

Chance: 90%

Now hear me out, I'm not a ROB main, nor do I play ROB very much, but from the comments I have read, I can understand why this is such a concern. It just looks incredibly odd to look at through every single battle using him, and I'm sure they'll fix it with the next update. I mean, we had people complaining about Diddy Kong's OP-ness back in the early days of Smash 4, so the ver. 1.06 update nerfed Diddy Kong to answer everyone's complaints. If they did it with Diddy Kong, I believe they can do it with ROB's eyes too by releasing an update that fixes this bug.

Again, I'm not a ROB main, but from the above comments I have seen, I completely support the idea of fixing this bug.

Now I'm going to do something that I haven't done before but I'll start doing today: chance predictions!

Chance Prediction:

Micaiah (Fire Emblem): 5.25%

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x4
Gallade (Pokemon): x1

Top Bottom