• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Don't be rude. Blue conceded to several of the arguments. He deserves as much respect as anyone else, even if his opinions might seem farfetched.
Sorry, I've been around the guy long enough to even call him out on several ridiculous arguments here and on IGN. Totally not flaming here :)

To be fair all the Bayonetta talk in Smash wants me NOT want her. Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't play the series, but beside using guns, she also strips. Removing both of those would EASILY water down here character to make her unique, and instead, give a her a more common fighter look, which works against her. Beside the third party facts, seeing her under SEGA, and a mature rating, it's not looking good no matter how much anyone tries.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I'm too tired to elaborate that much, sorry.

Bayonetta's chances: 5%

Has her merits but I don't see a character like her getting in.

Want: 0%

I honestly don't think she's at all a good fit for Smash.

Predictions:
New Guidance Conversations: 20.00%
ROB Eye Glitch: 94.50%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Play Bayonetta, you'll see why I want her more than any other character. The chance ratings shouldn't stop you from playing it, it's a bizarre fun experience for action adventure players like the Wonderful 101, you're truly missing out This is what I said to Shantae and pretty much any third party imaginable.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't possibly address everything, but there's a few issues that I'd like to address. (I'm not even going to get into the whole "changing the age rating" thing - I don't know much about how the ESRB, PEGI, and CERO work, and them changing it doesn't seem plausible; that's not saying that Bayonetta couldn't be toned down to fit a T rating, but I'm just not informed enough on the subject)

In fact, I think this brings up yet another reason why Nintendo wouldn't include Bayonetta!
View attachment 55945
If Bayonetta was included, her mature nature would raise the game's rating!
I doubt that Bayonetta's inclusion would automatically raise the game's rating - look at the Wonderful 101, for example. Given that Smash Bros. games basically have no dialogue, and the character can still be toned down while still maintaining that confidence and sensuality, I doubt that Bayonetta's inclusion alone would automatically bump the rating up.

Still, when she strips, it's practically her whole body. That is a lot more than some shorts or a swimsuit.
Again, I'd like to return to the example of Anarchy Reigns, a Platinum-made game where the most she goes down to is the equivalent of a one-piece swimsuit for her strongest attacks. It certainly doesn't have to be as bad as you're making it out to be here.

3rd party, [...] I would like to also add that she would kind of be a ZSS clone in a way.
I'm not sure why being third party is brought up as a detriment in so many posts; as for being a ZSS clone (which I've seen brought up a few times), that would only happen if they somehow ignored most of the content in both Bayonetta games.

I'm not saying Bayonetta's chances are fantastic - there are a lot of issues that would need to be resolved if she even made it in - but I feel like a lot of people are seriously over-exaggerating those issues since they've never actually played the games that she was in.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy could you like, not use a font color that requires highlighting to be read?
I've done this a couple times for other characters. So I really just have learned to use the highlighting disclaimer for them now, because it would be shortsighted for people to overlook my thoughts just for the color. Either that, or copypaste the post against a new Word document for a better color clash from the Smashbaords default.

Sorry man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*walks into thread*

*sees title about Bayonetta*

*sees Blue getting his hard on*

*sees Blue also posting all the dumb **** that I end up wondering wtf he is smoking*

*sees people give Blue the legit argument and Blue refusing to give in, keep exaggerating*

....and that is a 0% in chance and want for me. **** Bayonetta
You're right! There's totally no way in the Three Trinities that the librarian stripper's gonna get in because of how dedicated her fans are, amirite!?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Play Bayonetta, you'll see why I want her more than any other character. The chance ratings shouldn't stop you from playing it, it's a bizarre fun experience for action adventure players like the Wonderful 101, you're truly missing out This is what I said to Shantae and pretty much any third party imaginable.
Sorry Blue, with all due respect, the whole game doesn't fascinate me nor am I interested in the series.

Burruni

Smash Hero
As someone who played and... 100%ed both games to the extent I could be bothered (all moves, full gauges, whatever ranked happened).
She's an INCREDIBLY fun character with a wide arsenal.
But she's Female Dante more than she's relatable to W-101 or even Viewtiful Joe in the kind of character (M-Rated) and arsenal she is/has. She isn't a good fit for Smash and there are pretty major reasons why.

That's my stance.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sorry Blue, with all due respect, the whole game doesn't fascinate me nor am I interested in the series.
Ok, I'm just telling you. If Bayonetta was an unpolished game, I would not have recommended it or wanted Bayonetta in the first place, missing out. ;)

Is it 10 PM yet?

It must be Chaos Control causing this!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I must say that the following concepts will be a good break from all the debating that has been happening for the past little while...

Perhaps we should cover only concepts for the rest of the week until our E3 scheduling hits...as it may be possible that E3 will either debunk or confirm a lot of them (and for the fear that a lot of people's nominating would've been wasted) @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice

some suggestions if we go along with it...as these are somewhat relevant...
DLC: Stage Packs
Battelfeild/Alpha Stages
Any Star Fox Character released near Star Fox Wii U release date
De-cloned Roy
DLC: Adventure Mode (this isn't because it is the main concept I've been nominating, I swear :lol:)
DLC Characters Promoting New Games
DLC Newcomers get a trailer featuring more than just in-game footage
DLC: Custom Moves (this one's kinda listed twice btw @PK_Wonder )

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I've done this a couple times for other characters. So I really just have learned to use the highlighting disclaimer for them now, because it would be shortsighted for people to overlook my thoughts just for the color. Either that, or copypaste the post against a new Word document for a better color clash from the Smashbaords default.

Sorry man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dunno why you're such a stickler for a color that looks awful on Smashboards, but alright. Guess I'm not changing your mind any time soon.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Welp, looks like Bayonetta's day has already climaxed. Writing a 4 hour post really drained the life out of me. But, it was worth showing up here, I guess. Even if it means I'm lagging myself behind with what I want to do.

Suppose I should get to work arranging tomorrow's posts in a document. It's sure to be an entertaining one.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
*walks into thread*

*sees title about Bayonetta*

*sees Blue getting his hard on*

*sees Blue also posting all the dumb **** that I end up wondering wtf he is smoking*

*sees people give Blue the legit argument and Blue refusing to give in, keep exaggerating*

....and that is a 0% in chance and want for me. **** Bayonetta
Woah woah now, let's not go around insulting people for stating their honest opinions and beliefs, that's pretty cruel. Also, how is Blue's argument "dumb"? It may have some holes in it, but the logic's actually pretty sound and more importantly, well thought out, he clearly put some time into developing the argument, and it came out strong enough to hold out for very long. I may not agree with him, but what he posted is certainly not "dumb".

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy

This 'glitch' has been around on the Wii U version since 1.0.1 and basically means R.O.B. is emotionless in the mode "Smash" and maybe online. It is unknown what the cause of this bug is but no matter what, R.O.B.s eyes don't animate unless you are playing in "games and more".

To get an idea. Play a normal smash and hit R.O.B., his eyes should remain the same
Now do the same in training, his eyes should become all glitchy and green (ironically this is his eyes working fine)

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Bayonetta
Chance: 4% - I have no problem believing that she can be toned down for SSB, but she still has a lot of things going against her. She is not nearly as widely requested as people make her out to be and she's a third party character where there's a lot of competition from the likes of Snake and Rayman among others. I'm probably going to get a LOT of flack for saying this but in the very unlikely event that Sega does get a second rep, I actually think it's more likely we'll get a second Sonic rep like Tails. If the "Sonic and Sega All Stars" franchise has shown me anything it's that Sega hugely prioritizes Sonic above their other IPs, and Bayonetta wasn't even represented in that series.
Want: 0% - I can't take this character seriously.

New Palutena Guidance prediction: 12%
Fix Rob's Eye glitch prediction: 45%

Nominations: Aqua x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
BAYONETTA
CHANCE: 10.52%
WANT: 34.52%
Finally after so much controversy, this is Bayonetta's final score. Let us never speak of this again. Next up we've double the concepts. We're rating the idea of new Palutena guidance conversations and whether or not ROB will see an optometrist and finally get that eye glitch fixed. Also please predict what score Micaiah of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn will get.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
BAYONETTA
Finally after so much controversy, this is Bayonetta's final score. Let us never speak of this again. Next up we've double the concepts. We're rating the idea of new Palutena guidance conversations and whether or not ROB will see an optometrist and finally get that eye glitch fixed. Also please predict what score Micaiah of Fire Emblem Awakening will get.
Nope. :4robinm:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
New Guidance conversations:
Chance 5%
They haven't even bothered w/ giving Mewtwo customs. I don't see it happening.

Want: 100%
I feel like this clip needs to be here today more than any other day:

ROB's eye glitch:

Chance: Applesauce%
How on earth would I know?

Want:100%
If it bothered someone enough to spend weeks nominating it, then I'll support it for them.

Predicting Micaiah at 2.7%
Nominating Owain x5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Rob eye glitch
chance ummmm.... 50%?

Want 50%
it's a small detail I'm cool with what ever

nomination
3x star man
1x 3rd party 2nds
1x Django

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-New Palutena guidance conversations:
Chances:
10%
Want: 90%

-Rob eye glitch:
Chances:
30%

-Nominations:
New stage from the newer Kirby games X5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Convos:
Chance: 1%
Highly doubt it, they'd need to rehire the actors again for every one...and Mewtwo didn't even get one.
Enough with the KI bias. I still have never had a smash taunt on that stage, and I never will.

ROB Bug

Chance: 50%
I honestly don't know. When was the bug introduced? If before the Mewtwo patch, then they didn't bother to fix it, but after...we get a new patch Sunday.
It is incredibly minor and in only a few modes, so it's probably not on the top of anyone's list. But this is also Nintendo, who is a bit more in tune with what customers need. Not like EA and The Sims, who don't even bother to fix bugs introduced by their endless expansions since it's not worth it...
Want: 50%
I never play ROB, so I had no clue that there was a bug. Whatever, I am fully indifferent on this.
Yet another Fire Emblem character...4.75%

Nom: Cranky Kong x5

Edit since I'm an idiot and rated the wrong thing...:psycho:

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Bayonetta
Been a while but finally got my wifi back.

Chance: 5%
She has a lot of obstacles in her way. She comes from a rated M series. The fact that people say Brawl and Melee were rated T can we not bring passed rated games. Those games are in the past and were rated for reasons. We're talking about a new rated E 10+ up game. Why would Sakurai or Nintendo would want to change the rating of an already released just for one character, and for one that is DLC at that. She couldn't even be in Sonic and Sega's All-Stars Racing, and guess what Sega's reasoning behind it was? She would've upped the games rating if she were added and that too was a Rated E10+ game. People seem to forget that this is also a kids game that's targeted towards kids. Which is why we have more cartoonish look this time around.

I also never understood why some guys would say she's a clone to Zero Suit Samus, they are two completely different characters that would have different movesets. First off, Zero Suit Samus came before Bayonetta and been apart of the series since Melee. So this argument should go out the window. I've seen arguments online saying that Zero Suit looks like Bayonetta and got scrapped like seriously people she was never planned and you are looking way into much just justify for this character. Again, this argument should've been thrown out the window.

The sexualization, okay she can get toned down but really Sakuari likes to make the charcter true to the games of where they came from. If she got toned down she wouldn't really be herself. Again this is for a character that's for DLC, which shouldn't take a lot to make. If they have to get censored for something for her why would they want to put her in the game, if she's really that sexualized of a character? Once again this game is also geared to not just older fans of Smash but also to a younger generation of newer fans to grow up with the franchise. Besides, I'm sure there are people out there who would call it foul and say "No this is not how Bayonetta should be in Smash!" There's going to be people that's going to be like why can't they stay true to her charcters origin. It's because she'll get censored.

This is the first time I ever put a 0% character and I try so hard not to do this to any character but this is one of the few. I'm not interested. I don't want to see Bayonetta in Smash. One of the other obstacles is its not Platinum Games, it's Sega. I think if Sega is going to get another rep they'll go with someone that been around way longer on Nintendo consoles from one of their other safer franchises. I would actually see Nights, Tails, Knuckles, or heck even Aiai make it in over Bayonetta. there is a line that has to be crossed for some third parties and I think Bayonetta is one of those characters. Yeah Bayonetta's series is cool and yes she's also kind of a cool character but how is she going to get in over other Nintendo characters that people want, who we've still have yet to got, who fans really want to see. To have Bayonetta get in over them it's going to somewhat sting, especially considering we don't know how many characters were going to get through the ballot.

Concept: New Palutena's Guidance Conversations:
Chance: 30%
Want: 90%
I hope we get some new ones for the DLC cause the one they have with Mewtwo its so cheesy that I kind want to skip it. It'd be interesting to see what the new character ones will be.

Concept: R.O.B. Eye glitch fix 25%: I hope we get a new balance patch when we get Lucas.
Want 100% Please, it kind of irrates me, whenever I have to go up against R.O.B.

Nominations:
2+ third parties x2
Concept: Other DLC Stages besides MiiVerse Stage (I'm still thinking we could still see more stages out from the DLC) x5

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Using this as an example is irrelevant considering that's tame compared to a woman who's moveset revolve around using guns and her hair as a weapon which is her clothes as well, she strips down to the point where you have to censor her HARD. Snake got his gun taken away for a tranquilizer to censor it.

There's a reason why she was cut from Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed.
Snake never got a tranquilizer, they replaced all gun-like weapons with explosives, just like they could replace her guns with something else. If that's out of the question, then they could alter it to shoot lasers instead of bullets. Same with the wicked weave, they either give her a different outfit when she strips or remove the stripping all together.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Woah woah now, let's not go around insulting people for stating their honest opinions and beliefs, that's pretty cruel. Also, how is Blue's argument "dumb"? It may have some holes in it, but the logic's actually pretty sound and more importantly, well thought out, he clearly put some time into developing the argument, and it came out strong enough to hold out for very long. I may not agree with him, but what he posted is certainly not "dumb".
My apologizes. I'm sorry I can't have an opinion when one can have unrealistic, over the top reasons when I've known the guy for awhile back on IGN :)

Btw Blue, congrats on getting the Hall of Fame for Dark Pit

Customs

Chances: 30% Eh, I've yet to really get the Wii U version, so I can't really comment on it
Want: 75% Sure wynaut?

ROB Bug

Chances and Want: TBA I can't really comment on this one at the moment as this is the first time I'm hearing about this

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:4palutena:Concept: New Palutena's Guidance for DLC Characters

Chance: 5%
I can't see them adding this later on since we have what appears to be a general placeholder Guidence for Mewtwo. Remember DLC wasn't intended during the game's development, and it is likely that they quickly added this Guidance the moment they decided to work on Mewtow for DLC (at the time Mewtwo was intended to be the only DLC character until Sakurai ran with it)...

If Sakurai did want to add in new guidance conversations, first he'd have to rehire the voice actors (and possible new ones depending on the dialogue for each character) as well as write new dialogue for each fighter, while I think he may be more concerned with working on other DLC projects, as stated he has a lot planned, but I'm not sure if Palutena's Guidence is one of the things on his list...

----

I'm not really bothered either way if it gets in or not...If they do, Cool! If not, Oh well...These conversations were a mere sprinkle on the metaphorical cake that is Smash, anyways...

----

:4rob:Fixing ROB's Eye Glitch

Chance: 80%
The animations were added to give ROB personality (for the most part, if you want to say a robot has personality) so they were indeed intentional put in there for a purpose but the glitch makes it so that there are no animations showing his 'expressions'...

It could very well be possible that the dev team just hasn't noticed/caught word of it yet (I only heard of it through the person that actually nominated it), and since it isn't a game breaking glitch it is likely that it isn't being prioritized at the moment, which could be another reason why it hasn't been fixed yet. But I do feel like they will address it eventually...just like other glitches that aren't meant to be in the game...

----

Once again I'm indifferent, I don't use ROB all that much so I never even noticed and I'm sure the same can be said for other people who hardly ever use him either...

----

Prediction: 0.5%
Micaiah
another Fire Emblem character:glare:... one that is even less important than the ones we've already rated...
here's an idea how about Sakurai adds these characters as Assist Trophies instead of making them all playable...poor Lyn must be lonely being the only Fire Emblem character that is a summon...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3 (One of the best parts of the SSE was all these unlikely partnerships, :4mario::4pit:/:4link::4yoshi:/:4samus::4pikachu:/:4falcon::4olimar:/:4diddy::4fox:/:4marth::4metaknight:/:4lucas::pt:(RIP) ...Imagine if they were to add more partnerships? Imagine the possibilities! In b4 :4littlemac::4jigglypuff: pairings!:grin:)
Alpha Stages x1
!Rerate: Inklings x1

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Rob eye thing

Abstain on both.

Due to.......uuuuh whats wrong with R.O.Bs eyes?

New guidence

5% chance and 100% want

Unless lucas guidence is different to mewtwo its 5%

If lucas is different then 99%

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Snake never got a tranquilizer, they replaced all gun-like weapons with explosives, just like they could replace her guns with something else. If that's out of the question, then they could alter it to shoot lasers instead of bullets. Same with the wicked weave, they either give her a different outfit when she strips or remove the stripping all together.
I believe Snake got a tranquilizer in Project M if I'm not mistaken so it could be likely he mistook it for that...

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
BAYONETTA
Finally after so much controversy, this is Bayonetta's final score. Let us never speak of this again. Next up we've double the concepts. We're rating the idea of new Palutena guidance conversations and whether or not ROB will see an optometrist and finally get that eye glitch fixed. Also please predict what score Micaiah of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn will get.
You didn't mention that we would be doing a double day in yesterday's final score post. All I saw was Palutena's Guidance Conversations, so I failed to give R.O.B.'s Eye Glitch a prediction...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
New Palutena's Guidances
Chance: 56%
Perhaps once all the DLC is distributed and the game can be seen as complete, that's when I imagine the new Guidances will be implemented.

Want: 98%
I wonder what Palutena, Pit and Viridi have to say about the DLC characters...

Fixing R.O.B's eyes.

Chance: 80%

R.O.B's not really my main character, but I have noticed this glitch before. I once posted a pic on Miiverse of an angry R.O.B on Gaur Plains in Training Mode, but that's pretty much it. I don't think it's that big of a game breaker, but it'd be nice if they could secretly patch it. ...And accidentally leave sound data for Snake and Pichu in the process. :p

Micaiah: 3.46%
As I stressed on Anna's day - 'As much as I love Fire Emblem, all I could ever ask for from this series at this time is Roy.' I know when enough's Zanuff.

Nominations:
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear - Evidence of Nintendo appearances include ports of games like GGXX^Core) X1 (And yes, I made that little joke intentionally)
Inklings X4

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
R.O.B.'s Eye Glitch
See? I didn't lie to you.
Chance: 90% Why would they not fix something like this? I imagine the only reason it's not fixed is that they don't know about it, or that it's low priority right now. Who knows, maybe this patch will.
Why would I not want R.O.B. to be more expressive, what, i want him to be dull and have no emotions?
Will do Paul guidances later.
Predictions Miciah (oh boy I butchered the poor guy/lass's name didn't I?) another Fire emblem rep? OH BOOOYYY HERE WE GOOOOO 3%
Nominations: Dark matter x 4 Bubsy x 1 This one will be fuuuuuuun.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Maybe the fact that you were one of the few people who actually stuck to your guns about Dark Pit being a character after the Palutena trailer.
Actually this was before the Palutena trailer. I recall him mentioning Dark Pit from the beginning with the figures from Nintendo together lol

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
New Palutena's Guidances

Chance: 25%
I really doubt it, but in a few days Lucas will help us answer this.

I'm really neutral about these. To be honest, I feel they pale in comparison to Snake's codecs which are always entertaining to listen.

Fixing ROB's eyes

Chance: 60%
They have probably noticed by now, but I imagine it's pretty low in their priority list.

I really see no reason to dislike the idea.

Nominations:
Bubsy x5

Top Bottom