• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Jibanyan
Chance: 7% - I don't think he has the biggest chance but it's undeniably there. A DLC Yokai Watch character would sell extremely well in Japan. A lot of people will bring up the fact that he's largely unknown in the west yet that didn't stop us from giving Rayman, who's almost completely unheard of in Japan, a whopping 29.56% chance rating (11th overall). My question is if we can put so much faith in western centric All Star than what's wrong with putting that type of faith in an eastern one as well? Some people will also bring up that he lacks the "star status" required for a third party, but has it ever really been defined how big a character has to be obtain that?
A number one best seller? He has that.
A tv spin off series? He has that.
Millions of dollars worth of merchandise? He has that.
How big is big enough?
Want: 100% - I would love to see Yokai Watch represented. It's one of my most anticipated games right now.

Chibi-Robo prediction: 9%

Nominations: Aqua x5

@ JBRPG JBRPG I'm late because I was attending a birthday dinner. Sorry about that.

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS
To be fair, Rayman has an already long lasting legacy, and is already represented in the game...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Noticed I was inactive yesterday? Well, today I have an announcement for you all.

I will no longer make posting in Rate Their Chances a daily commitment.

Why is that, you ponder? Long story short, there are other priorities in life that take my time and energy more than posting on Smashboards does. My days have left my leisure time extremely limited and I would like to shift that towards more activities I deem beneficial, such as developing and honing my art or learning new software. If I were to just keep doing this, I would feel like I was when I spent too much time here during the speculation period. I was just inserting my imagination into a game that was on it's way and I had no choice in the development.

So from now on, I'm just going to preview what character or concept is receiving a rating for a given day and post if I find it to be worth estimating. I'll say I should hit about 2-3 of these a week. This is good now since most of the major characters have been dealt with. Just expect that Abstain (Inactivity) list to expand much more now.

BTW, I'm still going to show up for Chibi Robo. He's too notable to ignore. I'm just a bit nervous whether I can balance that with other possibilities for plans I hope happen tomorrow.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
JIBANYAN
CHANCE: 9.82%
WANT: 20.85%
Jibanyan actually managed to get what I would consider a decent score. Next up we're rating Chibi-Robo. We have a tie in nominations again. We'll do the concept of 7+ DLC Characters first and Viridi the day after.

Oh, hey, happy birthday.
Not me, my Dad. I was at his Birthday dinner.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chibi Robo:

Chance: 25%

Has a new game coming out, also gotten his own amiibo, and a decently requested new IP character. So compared to some of the characters rated here, he has a better chance than them.

Want: 75% He's pretty adorable of you ask me.

Prediction:

7+ DLC characters: 66%

Nominate Mother 3 Stage x4

Lloyd Irving x1

Burruni

Smash Hero
Chibi-Robo, man.

An underdog amongst bigger powerhouses like K. Rool, Dixie, and Bandana dee for previous series and more noticably impactful IPs like Splatoon and Golden Sun trying to get some newcomers in.

Chance: 30%
A very quirky character that could catch Sakurai's eye and with a recent title to claim some spike in popularity and the promoted support of his own Amiibo, it could be far worse for him. That said, he isn't remarkable in popularity. Someone I'd be happy to see get in out of a respect matter more than actual want. Though ironically...

Want: 60%
Just for the joke factor of having a character who fights by brushing people down with a novelty sized tooth brush and things like that would be a great clash against the Splatsters of Disasters Inklings. Certainly someone I hope gets picked for Smash 5 if nothing else.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Brave Little Robot...

Chibi-Robo

Well let's just get this outta the way. He's got a new amiibo, and he's got a new sidecrolling game coming out. Does this improve his chances...maybe a little. But the fact is he still hasn't received a lot of support compared to a lot of other characters, however he may earn himself some votes by the time October hits when the Ballot closes so he's liable to gain some support in the coming months. After watching the gameplay footage of his new game he seems like he'd be a decent fighter swinging his plug at his enemies and probably scraping the floor with his toothbrush and using his little propeller copter thingy for a recovery...Being First Party helps as well, it's just whether or not Sakurai will say he's too small will look into adding him as a playable DLC...He's got decent odds for Smash 5 I would say, but he's still up in the air for DLC

----

Want: 20%
He's a charming little guy and he may be fairly fun to use seeing some of his in game abilities, I'm not too familiar with him or his games but perhaps this may change upon further reviewing his gameplay...

----

Prediction: 74.6%
Concept: 7+ DLC Characters
Want Prediction: 100%...because everyone is more than satisfied with just two characters for DLC, right? anyways expect a lot of optimism from here because the more characters make DLC the more likely everyone will get their most wanted in...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3 (Sakurai, Y U NO ADVENTURE?)
Concept: Alpha Stages x1 (FD stages are really getting stale on For Glory, a few floating platforms can't be that hard to add, can they?)
Concept: 7+ DLC Characters (mission accomplished)
!Rerate: Inklings x1 (I sea what you squid there)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
JIBANYAN
CHANCE: 9.82%
WANT: 20.85%
Jibanyan actually managed to get what I would consider a decent score. Next up we're rating Chibi-Robo. We have a tie in nominations again. We'll do the concept of 7+ DLC Characters first and Viridi the day after.

Not me, my Dad. I was at his Birthday dinner.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo

Chance - 15.5% - Decent, but not exactly likely. Once a small series of cult exploration games has become re-branded with with a new, more action based game with enough faith that an amiibo was made. It's enough to spike interest in the series and character, and that boost combined with the old fan base may be enough to spike to something significant. Still, I'm a pessimistic skeptic for the most part, and I'm not certain it's enough to overcome many of the big dogs.

Want - 78.5% - He'd be a cute, fun character, and I know enough that combining the old games with the upcoming one will lead to an interesting move set.

7+ DLC Characters - 89.75% - I can't see this not doing well.

Nominations
New Palutana's Guidance Conversations X5

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Chibi Robo:

Chance: 28%

Want: 20%

Prediction:

7+ DLC characters - 63%

Nomination: Medusa x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Chibi-Robo

So he's from a second (?) party developer, and has been around in a few games, but is again a pretty Japan-centric character. However, his games have made it out of there, so he is known in the west, he's just not as popular in the West as characters from e.g. the Metroid, StarFox, or DK franchises.

But look at recency: a new game AND an amiibo? Good news for the little guy.

He may be stalled, though, since his games are really about running around doing things like housework and conserving energy. That may not be able to translate well into a moveset - I don't think too many people would like him to, for example, have an inverse rage mechanic to represent powering down due to battery.
Want: 0%
Frankly doesn't seem that interesting to me, and I really don't have much loyalty to the character. And I'll go to my standby argument - we have no confirmation on how many character we're getting, so I think that anyone who does is preventing the development of another character.

And on that topic...
Prediction - MOAR DLC: 50.0%

Nom: Melee/Brawl Classic mode x5

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Only really posting to say I think his chances depend a lot on the new game. I feel Nintendo wants to take the series in a new direction and this game will be the big push in that direction. So, for now, I don't think he'll be DLC and we'll have to wait to see how popular he is come the next game.
SO
Changes: 10
Want: 20

Troykv

Smash Master
Chibi-Robo

Chance: 29%

New things to this guy are his greaters advantages

Want: 50%

I'm okay with him

Predictions: Concept: 7+ DLC Characters

Chance: 83%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

D

Deleted member

Chibi-Robo

Chance: 10%

He has his relatively small group of supporters, but I'm not sure if that is enough.

Want: Abstain

I'm not very familiar with his series.

Prediction: 7+ DLC characters - 50%

Nomination: Zael x5

StormC

Smash Hero
One of these days, I'm gonna update all my posts in this thread with my collective scores, you'll see.

Chance: I'll give him a 30%. New 3DS game and an Amiibo definitely put him in the spotlight. But he's still a very niche Nintendo series with mostly spinoffs to his name. Would have a better chance if he had an organized, vocal fanbase like Isaac.

Want: 45%. Cute as a button and would be very distinctive and unique in Smash. As someone who's never played a Chibi-Robo game, I can't say I'm opposed to him in the last.

Good job on my prediction, I suppose! 10x Beast Ganon, hyuck.

7+ DLC prediction: 70%

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo - A true robotic operating buddy

Chance
30% - Not a third party, new game coming out, and to top it all off, Chibi-Robo has even gained himself an Amiibo. Quite interesting really. For some time, I hadn't even thought about Chibi-Robo getting into Smash. However, I suddenly remembered he was (sort of) an option when I saw him in Super Smash Flash 2, a fan Super Smash Bros. game. He translated rather well actually (aside from the battery issue, which wasn't addressed), and from there, I decided he'd actually be an interesting choice. I also recall his series having stickers back in Brawl, but oddly enough, I don't remember any trophies, and there definitely wasn't an assist trophy for him. On a lasting note, I don't think he's too small, I mean, let's look at Pikmin and Olimar, Olimar doesn't even reach the height of a soda can according to the Pikmin series, but they some how made it work.

Want
90% - I'm not gonna lie, I didn't always want this guy, and I'd still prefer others like K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and the Ice Climbers to this tiny bot, but he is a choice for DLC that I'd honestly be pretty fond of. I played and completed his GCN title, and have had some experience with the DS title, but the GCN remains my favorite. I'd like to see how they work with his constantly depleting battery (I assume it would be something like "if you don't recharge that battery with your special move, you'll fall unconscious for a bit and open to attacks, only to get back up a bit later). It could be a sort of management with your character, definitely requiring some form of skill to play. I believe I got off topic there, all in all, he's a character that I think I'd quite enjoy, especially with how fond of memories I have from his GCN title. He strives to make you happy, and he wouldn't fail in that regard with me.

Predictions:
upload_2015-6-6_1-37-28.jpeg
DLC - I expect this to be very high in want, but as for actual chance? Well, this might be a bit hopeful, but 61% is my prediction, probably incorrect. :laugh:

Nominations:
Meowth X5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Chibi Robo
Chance- 19.7%
Smash loves it some relevancy, and Chibi Robo has a surprising amount of it. I still don't think he matches up well against the big names, but there's something there. This is a rating that I could actually increase if he had more widespread support.
Want- 75%
Sure… uh, sure! Why not. He's got a fun design and could bring something new. And he comes from an unrepresented first party series with multiple games.

7+ DLC Predictions- 65%
I foresee optimists.
Nominations:
Crono x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Chibi-Robo
Chance: 17%
Chibi-Robo's gaining popularity, and if it's enough to earn an amiibo, Chibi-Robo could eventually build up into a character.

Want: 46%
I think Chibi-Robo's a solid bet for a newcomer in Smash 5, be it a fighter or an Assist Trophy. ...But when all my exams are over, I should probably think about getting the two Chibi-Robo games on the 3DS eShop, one of the reasons why I'm a little unfamiliar as to what he can do.

Nominations: Rerate: Inklings X5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo chances: 45% because MUH RELEVANCE RECENCY!!!!1!1!!

Chibi-Robo chances: 8%
Unlike a lot of other people here I personally don't give a lot of credit to the new game increasing Chibi-Robo's chances, at least not as much as them. Sure, my rating would be lower without it, probably bellow 5%, but just because you have a new game doesn't mean your chances magically skyrocket. The new Chibi-Robo! game will have to prove itself to be a popular title able to make the franchise one of Nintendo's strong series as I already said in my previous ratings of characters from currently unrepresented franchises, series must be among the most influent ones in the Nintendo universe to be represented with a playable character in Smash Bros. (Okay besides Ice Climber, but still...) That said, with a new gameplay direction which probably had been chosen to gain more mainstream appeal and the amiibo which at least shows some confidence from Nintendo's part about the game being a success, it seems that this series is trying to gain a new audience, which may eventually make Chibi-Robo! one of their new strong series on the long run. I don't think it will happen with Smash 4 DLC, if anything I'm expecting him as a newcomer for SSB5 as long as the series becomes stronger in the future.

Chibi-Robo want: 52%
I have no connection with this guy's games, but for some reason I have a lot of sympathy for him, maybe because of his cool design. I wouldn't be opposed to his inclusion at least.

Seven or more DLC characters prediction: 87.21%
Scores will be high because people both want and expect as much characters as possible.

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x4
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x1

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Chibi-Robo:

Chance: 30%
Don't see why this guy wouldn't have a solid chance.

Want: 75%
Strangely enough, I haven't played his games. But I'm very interested and I think he could work. I'm a fan of his design as well.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
"Too big"...meet "too small".

--

Chibi-Robo

Chance: 15%

From a series about little robots that do big things, each game stars a different Chibi-Robo bought by someone to perform mundane tasks such as housework, cleaning up a park, and helping a museum curator find potential exhibits (okay, maybe that last one isn't very mundane). Though the games start off basic enough, things start to get more complicated, as the Chibi-Robos begin to help their owners and other beings in ways one might not have initially thought of.

As a composite of every robot played as in the series Chibi-Robo has a decent amount going for him. He's quirky and unique, from an equally quirky series that has reached cult status. From all the tools used in the games and from his base capabilities, Chibi-Robo's moveset potential actually isn't half bad. There could even be a mechanic based around the fact that he has to find ways to recharge in order to keep doing things!

Despite that, though...I think it's too late for him for Smash 4. Bringing a new franchise into Smash via DLC is a risky move, one the developers might hesitate on if said franchise hasn't had significant Smash presence already. Where someone like Isaac was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and his absence in Smash 4 didn't stop Golden Sun from getting a new music track...all Chibi-Robo has are one trophy in Brawl, three stickers in Brawl, and one trophy in Smash 3DS. And Chibi-Robo's newly announced 3DS game will only help give him sway for the Ballot, since it's likely too late now for them to decide to implement him and there is no precedent for using newcomers as promotional tools.

If Chibi-Robo keeps finding his niche, he could be an interesting candidate for Smash 5. For now, though, his window of opportunity may have just been...too small.

Want: Abstain
I haven't played any of his games, either. For what it's worth, I'd give one a shot if the opportunity presented itself. They seem rather interesting.

Prediction for the Concept of Seven or More DLC Characters: 91.63%
Incoming high rating.

Nominations:
Absol x5

By the way, if you're intrigued, check out the thread. It's an interesting read, if anything.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sorry about that quote, I'm having internet problems. I just wanted to wish your Dad a happy Birthday.

Chibi Robo
Chance: 17%
The single rep who I consider the most likely for Smash 5 aside from and the single rep character I consider most likely for DLC here. 17% is a high score from me for someone who isn't a veteran or leading on the Ballot.
Want: 60%
He makes sense, and the most recent game shows he's even capable of fighting. I just hope it gets a World Wide release.

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5 (And if I can't post tomorrow or the day after, could you please count the nomination again please, I should be fine on Tuesday after the long weekend)

prediction (I'll also do Viridi's)

I'll also give my ratings in case I'm not here

7+ dlc character
Prediction: 90%
Chance: 98%
4 already semi confirmed, Wolf likely to come back, A Ballot character, probably some other veterans as well. Maybe another Ballot character. Some individual newcomers
Want: 100%
More Characters

Viridi's
Prediction: 4%
Chance: 1%
possible, but Unlikely.
Want: 30%
If just for her Guidance
Pit: Who is THAT
Viridi: Huh? What do you...
Palutena: I have no data on this fighter
Viridi: It must be someone from an.... wait, what am I saying?
Pit: Either way, the goal remains the same. To fight, and win!
Viridi: I have no idea what's going on Pit, but I'd like to see you try

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Chibi-Robo:

Chance: 30%. The fact that he's getting not only a new game, but his own amiibo is pretty good for his chances. Nintendo is supporting him and that means more of his fans will speak up too. Besides this new info he's got merit already, with several games under his belt and moveset potential.

Want: 80%. Conceptually interesting, deserving, and adorable. Chibi-Robo is an all-around solid choice.

---
Nominations:
Jill Valentine x2
Pirate Ship x3

Does anyone think Jill Valentine will reach the top before June 16th?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo is one of the many teacher's pets of Nintendo. They seem to believe in him (along with Splatoon) more than most of their IPs not already in Smash. I've already expressed I think there's a decent chance of one more unrepped first party IP getting a rep for DLC, and Chibi-Robo is one the strongest contenders. Pros are a recent global eShop game, an upcoming global retail game w/ amiibo support, and mild but mention-able fan support. His biggest con is a relative lack of starpower (although the push to try and give him some starpower is clear).

Chances - 24%
Want - 65%

predict 7+ DLC characters - 50%

nominate Hades x10

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Chibi Robo

Chance: 85%
With all the attention he's getting from Nintendo themselves, most notably his own amiibo, I think his popularity is going to bring him up, with 3 world wide game releases and a 4th one on the way, along with 1 Japan only game, he's in a good position. Plus I think there might have been a leak with his series symbol, though I'm not sure how legitimate it is.

Want: 85%
He's not one of my top 5, but he's definitely a welcome edition, having played some of his games, he'd make a good character, and he'd finally get the recognition he deserves.

Predictions: 7+ DLC 55%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Chibi Robo chance - 30%
It's not great but at least his chances are going in an upwards direction. (which isn't something you can say for too many characters) If he keeps up the pace he could be a front runner for the next Smash game, if he doesn't make it in as dlc for this Smash.

Chibi Robo want - 98%
I really like his design and even though I'm yet to play a Chibi Robo game I'm really interested in playing his Gamecube game and the new one he has coming out. This guy just has a quirky charm to him that I can really appreciate and I think he would be a deserving addition to the roster.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
CHIBI-ROBO:
CHANCE: 45%
WANT: 65%

With all the sudden love he's getting as of late, Nintendo does seem to have plans and hopes for him. First Photo Finder, and now Zip Lash, which even comes with a cute amiibo. This revival's timing is impeccable too, as this will give him a much needed popularity surge while there's still time for the ballot to end. His game also comes out in October....

As for want, I've been interested in the little guy for quite some time. His design is cute and his game is awesome, from what I've seen.

ASHLEY (WARIOWARE) × 5

:231:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
chibi-robo chances 23%:
i didnt play any chibi-robo games but the new game helps his chances buuuuuut he isnt highly voted on smash ballout and he needs something strong on his game that will make nintendo feels something very special about his game

want 36%:
he is really interesting and creative in ssf2 i would like to have him in smash 4 but i want other characters first like geno king k. rool wolf isaac roy and others before him

nominations:
Nester (nintendo power mascot/nester funky bowling on virtual boy 1989) X5
Donkey kong jr. (1983) X5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chibi Robo

Chances : 46%
+Can Promote the new game, and also easily made into a amiibo character.
+Everybody loves him, including the West,
-Some may be unfamiliar with the character
-Would probably be like Little Mac or Brawl Olimar with that recovery. Weird point to bring up, but that's the case

Want : 67%

Prediction : 7+ DLC Fighters = 78%

Nominations

Jin Kazama ( Tekken ) = x4
Black Shadow ( F-ZERO ) = x1

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Ryu - 97.7%
1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Professor Layton - 90%
4: Chibi Robo - 65%

5: Rayman - 60%
6: Snake - 55%
7: Inkling - 50%
8: Sceptile - 45%
8: Krystal - 45%
9: Paper Mario: 44.5%

10: Dixie Kong - 43%
11: Wonder Red - 40%
12: Impa - 40.5%
13: Simon Belmont - 35%
14: Cross - 35.7%

15: Elma - 35.3%
16: Ice Climbers - 30%
16: Captain Toad - 30%
17: Toon Zelda - 29.3%

18: Chorus Kids - 27.5%
19: Magolor - 25%
20: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
21: Spyro - 25.3%
22: Anna - 23%
23: Ivysaur - 23.7%
24: Jibanyan - 22%
25: Squirtle - 22.5%
26: Quote - 21.5%
27: Phoenix Wright - 20%
27: Shovel Knight - 20%
28: Shantae - 20.5%
29: Tetra - 20.3%

30: 9-Volt - 10%
30: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
31: Lip - 10.5%
32: Geno - 7%
33: Young Link - 6.3%
35: KOS-MOS - 5%
35: Ray - 5%
35: Pichu - 5%
36: Daisy - 5.7%
37: Ridley - 5.5%
38: Monita - 3%

Character Want Ratings

1: Professor Layton - 100%
1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Simon Belmont - 90.5%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Anna - 80%
7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Jibanyan - 69.7%
10: Chibi Robo - 60%
10: Ryu - 60%
10: Paper Mario: 60%
11: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
12: Phoenix Wright - 55%
13: Ridley - 50%
14: Inkling - 30%
15: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

16: Rayman - 25%
17: Cross - 25.7%

18: Elma - 23%
18: Quote - 23%
19: Krystal - 20%
19: Dixie Kong - 20%
19: Toon Zelda - 20%
20: Tetra - 20.5%

21: Squirtle - 10.7%
21: Ivysaur - 10.7%
22: Geno - 10.5%
22: Roy - 10.5%
23: Spyro - 7%
24: Young Link - 5%
25: Lip - 5.7%

26: Captain Toad - 5.5%
27: Ray - 4.5%
28: KOS-MOS - 3%

29: 9-Volt - 3.5%
30: Monita - 1%
30: Pichu - 1%
30: Daisy - 1%

Concept Chance Ratings
1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 90.5%
2: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
3: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%
4: DLC Music Packs - 50.5%
5: Rhythm Heaven Character - 45%
-: 7+ DLC Characters - ?.?%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 100%
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: DLC Music Packs - 65%
3: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%
4: Rhythm Heaven Character - 40.3%
-: 7+ DLC Characters - ?.?%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Mach Rider
Dark Samus

Abtsains (Indifference)

Ninten
B.B. Bandit Trio

RATINGS

Chibi Robo, the Little Robot That Can

Chance - 65%: Surprisingly has a very strong shot, but veers much more on the "likely" side. Compared to evn more popular characters, he has very little in his way.

Booting up, Chibi Robo has been somewhat of a sleeper Nintendo star since his first game on the Gamecube. He definitely has a following and his games manage to ride under the draft of hype usually reserved for even fairly-sized Nintendo releases. He's seen a great resurgence on the 3DS from the last year on with Photo Finder and now Zip Dash on the way. Astonishingly, he's even getting an amiibo exclusive to that game. A friggin' amiibo! For a character of his stature! *ba dum, tiiiiish*

However, it's this unpopularity and relative obscurity that make a giant obstacle (hehe!) for our pint-sized hero. I mean, even that amiibo looks to be a bundle exclusive deal, so Nintendo acknowledges its a bit dicey to go public. With all the more popular Ballot picks having more leeway, Chibi Robo doesn't have anything significant bounding in his votes to be maybe at least a Top 10 average. He's going to be "just another middle-of-the-road contender". Hopefully, Zip Dash will push his chances further.

Otherwise, we've seen franchises that have premiered over the past few years (looking at you, Xenoblade) that were deemed noteworthy enough to boot right into Smash. Because Chibi Robo holds some chanciness to him with the size of his franchise, he seems like he would've been put into the initial game rather than DLC. Maybe Smash 5 will bring this about.

Want - 60%: I don't particularly care for Chibi Robo, especially over many more characters. I also haven't played ones of his games yet and the new one doesn't interest me that much from a gameplay standpoint. Do like the quirky direction they take. Even if some of them go a bit too far into boring territory. Photo Finder comes to mind there.

His moveset potential is pretty exciting. Besides his bread-and-butter Chibi Blaster, he can use household objects like toothbrushes and vacuums to fight. His recovery could have a propeller break out of his head lid or bring Telly's assistance to carry him back. Zip Dash will likely pad out his moveset to be more obvious for a fighting game, with standards utilizing the range of his plug or even a zipline attack that can plug into walls and other platforms or an electric cord extension. Oh, and about that tiny size of his. He could be slightly taller than Olimar for a height measure, being most faithful to a household size whilst being Smash appropriate.

It should be noted that Chibi Robo's darkhorse appeal made him get into Super Smash Flash 2 as of v 1.0. His moveset makes a great proof of concept in that game, so go play the game or watch some gameplay videos of him. I'm sure his Internet fringe popularity will bound more people closer to his series with that game. And I'm sure maybe even closer to Smash.

PREDICTION

Concept: 7+ DLC Characters

Chance - 47.658%
Want - 90.38%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x2
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x2
*Concept: Smash 5 has 10 Year Wait Cycle x1

Last edited:
Chibi robo

Chance 25%
With an amiibo on the way i wouldnt be surprused if nintendo wants to push this revival like they did splatoon. Probably not as hard but unlike the inklings chibi robo has been around for a while. If ziplash does well and doesnt bomb i could see the little guy doing pretty well.

Want 60%
His design is so simple but i love it. I have never played any of his games but he seems like he would be really interesting

Prediction 59%

Noms
agnes oblige 5

I have a feeling viridis day will annoy me. . .

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chibi Robo Chance:
17.5%
Certainly in a much better position than Golden Sun, Custom Robo, and Wonderful 101 right now. This game getting amiibo support raises a few eyebrows, but it being a small series will still probably hurt his chances pre-ballot as it's a series Sakurai wouldn't really prioritize high, unless the Chibi Robo game manages to be a very successful game (which I doubt unless the amiibo manages to attract lots of customers, that franchise doesn't gain much attention on it's own.) and give Chibi a spike of popularity. No doubt the moveset potential is there for Chibi Robo, but he has to gain that franchise popularity spike before I can consider him to be any likelier.

In regards to unrepped franchises, RH will likely get character representation before Chibi Robo gets any since that franchise has more popularity (in Japan).

Nominations:
x5 Agnes Oblige.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Chibi Robo

Chance:
50%
Really relevant now thanks to the new game and the amiibo. I can imagine him as a fighter though I'm not sure if he'd be chosen over other possible DLC fighters.

Want: 50%
Never played any of the games though I think he'll be an interesting character. Leaving it at 50% because I know almost nothing about him.

7+ DLC fighter prediction: 61.7%

Nomination: Cranky Kong (x5)

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Chibi-Robo
Chance:
15%

I'll give him some benefit of the doubt with a brand new game with an amiibo coming out. Chibi-Robo is still one of Nintendo's more recognized franchises.
However, despite his popularity, his ballot support is... minuscule to say the very least.

Want: 55%
I haven't played a Chibi-Robo game, but I do like his design and he can be unique.

7+ Characters Prediction: 50%
Yet another thing that I dunno where it could go.

Nominations: Owain 5x

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Chibi-robo (Chibi-robo)

Chance:45%
Oh my, oh my. I did not think you were this likely of being a candidate. Or until the June Direct anyway. Prior to the direct, Chibi-robo already had a fair chance of getting in, with multiple entries and some recency. But with veterans and other newcomers (K.Rool and Isaac come to mind) being the ones in the spotlight, his existance was rather overlooked. But then comes June and bam, a new game and an amiibo announced and suddenly Chibi-robo is looking to be one of the most likely characters out there.

I mean, a new game is already a good thing, but an amiibo? That is something, really. While I think he would rather be a set for Smash 5, I won't be too suprised if he shows up as DLC this generation.

Want:55%
I've actually never played a Chibi-robo game, so my want comes solely from my research and his appearance, which I am liking alot. He looks to have some nice moveset potential, and his IP looks like one that can only benefit from being represented. Oh, and he's from a new IP. No objections.

7+ Characters concept:51%

Nominations:
Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I've missed a fair few days. A lot of the characters of recent I've really struggled to care about one way or the other which makes for a dull post.

Chibi-Robo
Chance: 20%

As IPs without characters go, Chibi-Robo is one of the more notable examples. The most recent Chibi-Robo game reveal does somewhat smack of showcasing his skills for Smash having suddenly become a 2D sidescroller.

With Amiibo support, something which was very left field for this particular middling-to decent popularity franchise appearing, they must have at least discussed how he'd play.

Want: 74%
Around the same I want Isaac. Chibi-Robo is one of those characters I haven't been actively supporting, but have a passive desire to see make the leap into the game. Whilst the ones in my sig and the Inklings outclass Chibi in terms of want, he's considerably higher on the pecking order of personal want than almost all others.

He's cute, he's got a grapple hook plug and he's capable of scrubbing the floor with you(possibly literally). I think he'd be a lot of fun to play as.

7+ Characters prediction: 65%
Lots of people play it safe when it comes to the sheer amount of characters I've noticed. Want should be pretty high though.

Nominations:

:052: X 5
Curious on his want more than his chances.

Top Bottom